PDA

View Full Version : Team for tomorrow?

HFCbingo
05-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Levitt in for JDH would be my only change.

tug.lismore
05-08-2023, 07:36 PM
Probably leave Boyle on the bench

Boruc

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Levitt
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Doidge
Obita

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Unseen work
05-08-2023, 07:40 PM
……….……….Boruc……….

Miller……Fish…..Hanlon…..Stevenson…

…….………JDH….Newell…

Boyle……….Campbell……Obita……

………………….Youan……

Unlikely though and would be quite harsh on Doidge. Fully expect Doidge to be in ahead of Obita with Youan our wide.

LunasBoots
05-08-2023, 07:41 PM
JDH stays in for me, looks far more established and is always up for a game against his former team.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 07:44 PM
I do think Boruc will start

Stubbsy90+2
05-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Same team for me

B.H.F.C
05-08-2023, 08:01 PM
I’d bring Miller in.

And I’d change the midfield. Campbell was able to basically cheat the other night and basically play a second striker. We will need more about us in the middle of the park tomorrow. Not quite sure who I’d bring in but would be for JDH.

Unchanged otherwise.

jingler1954
05-08-2023, 08:01 PM
It is the same team as Thursday starting tomorrow.

kevinc
05-08-2023, 08:04 PM
It is the same team as Thursday starting tomorrow.

Can’t be, keeper is injured

Pretty Boy
05-08-2023, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't be dropping JDH after Thursday. It's strange to say because he scored 2 goals but Campbell was arguably our poorest player in the 1st half on Thursday, you could probably make a case for dropping him out but can we afford to leave the only midfielder we have who scores regularly on the bench?

Probably start with the same, maybe bringing Miller in at RB. That is the most obvious position we need to still address imo. We are very reliant on 2 young players there neither of whom have played a lot of football for us.

Boruc

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

JDH
Newell
Campbell

Boyle
Doidge
Youan

Hopefully we can get Obita more time on the park too.

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 09:01 PM
I do think Boruc will start

Think that's a definite. No idea how
Marsh and Wallacot are placed but can't see us risking either at this stage.

Smartie
05-08-2023, 09:15 PM
Is Boruc considered to be closer to being 1st team ready than Johnson?

I’d go same as Thursday with the enforced Gk change, knowing we have options off the branch to change as appropriate if players tire of it isn’t working against better quality opposition.

Paul1642
05-08-2023, 09:21 PM
I think Murray Johnson will start

B.H.F.C
05-08-2023, 09:34 PM
I think Murray Johnson will start

Wouldn’t make sense for that to be the case, especially when you see we’ve only brought him back for a week initially. Boruc will play.

JammyDoidger
05-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Boruc

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Harbottle
Obita

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Doidge

We don't have the strength in depth to play 4-3-3 every week just now. Desperate to start Boyle but I'd rather not push him too far atm. JDH is quite injury prone too so I'd let him sit this one out.

Green Reaper
05-08-2023, 11:40 PM
Boruc

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Harbottle
Obita

Jeggo
Newell
Campbell

Youan
Doidge

We don't have the strength in depth to play 4-3-3 every week just now. Desperate to start Boyle but I'd rather not push him too far atm. JDH is quite injury prone too so I'd let him sit this one out.

5-3-2 at home to St Mirren, we better not or the fans will be furious, we need to be putting out our strongest attacking team for this. Youan Doidge Boyle as the front three in a 4-3-3

Donegal Hibby
05-08-2023, 11:54 PM
Boruc .

Miller.
Fish .
Hanlon .
Stevenson.

Jeggo.
Newell .
Campbell.

Youan .
Doidge .
Obita .

HoboHarry
06-08-2023, 12:26 AM
I'm late to the party as usual. Can Vente not play tomorrow?

Hibee87
06-08-2023, 12:28 AM
I'm late to the party as usual. Can Vente not play tomorrow?

Nope, official site said work permit not through yet

Hibee87
06-08-2023, 12:30 AM
No one has said delf at RB, unless Miller was carrying a knock on Thursday I'm pretty sure same line up as Thursday will start. With boric in goal obviously

HoboHarry
06-08-2023, 12:36 AM
Nope, official site said work permit not through yet

Thank you, that's a pity though. Was looking forward to seeing him. Ah well, hat trick for big Cristian instead then.

#2 Double Tap
06-08-2023, 02:17 AM
............boruc

miller...fish...hanlon...obita

..........jdh...newell

............levitt

boyle................youan

...........doidge

jingler1954
06-08-2023, 05:33 AM
Can’t be, keeper is injured

With the exception of Boruc👍

Scooter
06-08-2023, 05:48 AM
I think he will change it up a little. He's talking about using the squad and seeing strength in depth in a few interviews.

I think Levitt will come in for someone. I also think Obita will come in for Boyle. Boyles came back early after 10 months out. Its only been 3 days since he's played 60mins me personally wouldn't want to load him to quickly

Unseen work
06-08-2023, 06:03 AM
I think he will change it up a little. He's talking about using the squad and seeing strength in depth in a few interviews.

I think Levitt will come in for someone. I also think Obita will come in for Boyle. Boyles came back early after 10 months out. Its only been 3 days since he's played 60mins me personally wouldn't want to load him to quickly

Yeah wouldn’t be surprised with this, especially as Youan has done well on the right recently.

Youan - Doidge - Obita

As a front 3 with Campbell in behind.

Tambo
06-08-2023, 07:11 AM
Would love the same outfield team which started Thursday but with Levitt in for JDH.

Johnson could well change it up though, not sure what kind of game to expect but I think we should win.

Off to work now so will avoid the score and watch sportscence later.

Up-the-slope
06-08-2023, 07:32 AM
why to posters keep saying / showing Levitt as advanced midfielder when manager has stated he sees him a dictating from deep / quarter back type role?

think will be pretty much same team (with GK change) and having much more to our bench than ages.

One of most positives was Ellie looked much better on right and can see obita coming on left again Ellie switching and giving boyle 60/70 mins be fore swapping to that. In same way Levitt getting on middle of second half

Hibby Bairn
06-08-2023, 07:40 AM
Levitt looks off the pace at the moment to me.

patlowe
06-08-2023, 07:46 AM
why to posters keep saying / showing Levitt as advanced midfielder when manager has stated he sees him a dictating from deep / quarter back type role?

think will be pretty much same team (with GK change) and having much more to our bench than ages.

One of most positives was Ellie looked much better on right and can see obita coming on left again Ellie switching and giving boyle 60/70 mins be fore swapping to that. In same way Levitt getting on middle of second half

I think it's understandable as Levitt's tended to go missing when sitting (on very limited evidence granted), as opposed to a similarly technical deep-lying playmaker like McGeouch that would want on the ball constantly to dictate. DL has also shown little Allan-esque flashes of brilliance that folk associate with a more advanced role. Not saying LJ is wrong in his assessment, guess we just need to give Levitt time and hopefully he starts to grab games by the scruff of the neck.

J-C
06-08-2023, 07:51 AM
Same team apart from the keeper obviously, Boruc should keep the gloves, Delferrire did enough to get the nod plus he's better with the ball than Miller and more composed.

Brightside
06-08-2023, 07:57 AM

Totally agree. He is not an AM. Also Levitt is a couple of weeks behind the rest fitness wise. Following on from an injury and a concussion at Utd.

Nicho87
06-08-2023, 08:06 AM
Boruc

Delferrire Fish Hanlon Stevenson

JDH Newell

Boyle Campbell Youane

ALF

Allant1981
06-08-2023, 08:09 AM
Boruc
Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Obita
JDH
Newell
Campbell
Boyle
Doidge
Youan

sauzeelegod
06-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Boruc

Delf
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Levitt
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Doidgealdo
Youan

Coach Jon
06-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Boruc

Delf
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Levitt
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Doidgealdo
Youan

Thats probably the best team we can field at the moment, defence is a big weakness, needed to be improved from last season, but sadly hasnt, so doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Smartie
06-08-2023, 08:51 AM
No one has said delf at RB, unless Miller was carrying a knock on Thursday I'm pretty sure same line up as Thursday will start. With boric in goal obviously

I went “same as Thursday”, keeping Delf being probably the biggest call there.

He did well on Thursday and deserves to keep his place.

Tyler Durden
06-08-2023, 09:13 AM
Thats probably the best team we can field at the moment, defence is a big weakness, needed to be improved from last season, but sadly hasnt, so doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Bit early for that assessment is it not?

I fully expect Obita to be an upgrade on Cabraja. And we have Harbottle to come in. Rather than Devlin or CJ who wasn’t suited to CB.

Seems like improvements to me

Hibee Mac
06-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Levitt looks off the pace at the moment to me.I agree mate, was disappointed at that on Thursday, he looked absolutely knackered after being on the park for 10 mins.

Manager said he has started preseason from a worse off place due to a concussion at Utd, so there is a reason for it.

I'm surprised so many people are naming him in their starting 11s though, I'd have him on the bench just now due to fitness, and I'm pretty certain LJ will do the same.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

dp00
06-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Surely if none of other goalkeepers are fit then Boruc starts ? Otherwise is than not sending the wrong message out to the squad ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Boruc

Miller Fish Hanlon Stevenson

Campbell Levitt Newell

Boyle Doidge Youan

LewysGot2
06-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Surely if none of other goalkeepers are fit then Boruc starts ? Otherwise is than not sending the wrong message out to the squad ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. He’s physically more robust than Johnson too.

ancient hibee
06-08-2023, 11:20 AM
Boruc

Delf
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Levitt
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Doidgealdo
Youan

Can’t have a midfield three where one of them is only fit for about twenty minutes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
06-08-2023, 11:55 AM
Can’t have a midfield three where one of them is only fit for about twenty minutes.

JDH can come on in the second half. I’d start Boyle knowing we are not going to get a full match out of him either. Obita to replace him.

Key West
06-08-2023, 12:01 PM
Boruc

Delf
Fish
Hanlon
Obita

Levitt
Campbell
Newell

Boyle
Doidgealdo
Youan

Would also be my selection.

Brightside
06-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Marshall to start

CentreLine
06-08-2023, 12:21 PM
Marshall to start

I wonder if he might develop an injury if people are shouting abuse at him at the warmup 🤔
Hope folk just get behind him and the team from the start

Bridge hibs
06-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Marshall to start

Think I would rather stick with Boruc 😃

Just hope if Marshall is deemed fit to play hibs are not taking a risk and he breaks down again

Coach Jon
06-08-2023, 02:20 PM
Bit early for that assessment is it not?

I fully expect Obita to be an upgrade on Cabraja. And we have Harbottle to come in. Rather than Devlin or CJ who wasn’t suited to CB.

Seems like improvements to me

The earlier we get the defence sorted the better surely, no point in waiting for the inevitable.

Bridge hibs
06-08-2023, 02:29 PM
Think I would rather stick with Boruc 😃

Just hope if Marshall is deemed fit to play hibs are not taking a risk and he breaks down again

Ffs ya jinx 🤬