PDA

View Full Version : Élie Youan

Vault Boy
04-08-2023, 09:45 PM
I just love that he plays for us.

As a child I always associated players like Youan with Hibs. Perhaps not the most consistent, but has more talent than most players in Scotland, and when he displays it, it’s a proper show.

Thought he had a superb second half last night and I’m confident he’ll be an outstanding player for us this season. The guy is a proper star - with a signature celebration to boot.

I’d be jealous as sin if he played for another club in the league.

Unseen work
04-08-2023, 09:55 PM
I’m the same, love the guy.

Yes he’s frustrating at times or leaves you scratching your head, but he does things no one else can and he does it with ease

All this “he needs coached” well maybe, but not too much as the last thing we want is another robotic player. Instead of coached I think maybe maturing a bit is more accurate, knowing what works and what is effective for him and when to beat his man/cross in certain positions

Re him and Lewis as mentioned on another thread, I think part of the reason people think they’re not the best comonimation is because Lewis doesn’t have a clue what Elie is about to do - but that’s what makes him so good. No one has a ******* clue what he is about to do!

He’s also an absolute machine, the strength and speed he shows in the final 10 minutes every week is unbelievable

Diclonius
04-08-2023, 09:56 PM
Can't remember us ever having two top class wingers. Long may it continue.

Mick O'Rourke
04-08-2023, 09:57 PM
I just love that he plays for us.

As a child I always associated players like Youan with Hibs. Perhaps not the most consistent, but has more talent than most players in Scotland, and when he displays it, it’s a proper show.

Thought he had a superb second half last night and I’m confident he’ll be an outstanding player for us this season. The guy is a proper star - with a signature celebration to boot.

I’d be jealous as sin if he played for another club in the league.

Elie The Lion..... Sleeps Tonight !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=399syDv0bBM

Funny video
Song sung by The Tokens
Over 60 years ago !

NYC Ultras version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erCq44KSEHQ

Brightside
04-08-2023, 09:57 PM
I still think he’s much better on the right.

04-08-2023, 10:01 PM

Yes he’s frustrating at times or leaves you scratching your head, but he does things no one else can and he does it with ease

All this “he needs coached” well maybe, but not too much as the last thing we want is another robotic player. Instead of coached I think maybe maturing a bit is more accurate, knowing what works and what is effective for him and when to beat his man/cross in certain positions

Re him and Lewis as mentioned on another thread, I think part of the reason people think they’re not the best comonimation is because Lewis doesn’t have a clue what Elie is about to do - but that’s what makes him so good. No one has a ******* clue what he is about to do!

He’s also an absolute machine, the strength and speed he shows in the final 10 minutes every week is unbelievable

Totally agree and thanks for the best typo ever. 😀

JamesHFC
04-08-2023, 10:03 PM
Him & Boyle are players which will get you off your seat when they are on the ball, an absolute pleasure to watch.

It was really a game of two halves for Youan yesterday. First half showed some of the weaknesses and challenges he still has to overcome but then second half we saw the potential he has to be a top, top player.

Fans of other clubs I've spoken to rave about him which is a good sign. Let's enjoy him whilst we have him.

He's picked up a habit of scoring against St Mirren, may it continue on Sunday.

B.H.F.C
04-08-2023, 10:13 PM
Don’t care who you’re playing against. Forward players getting goals and assists early is good. If him and Boyle stay fit they will each hit big numbers for both.

Hopefully he realised last night that he really, at times, just needs to kick the ball in front of him and run really fast past the defender who will be unable to keep up. He’d clearly been told to do so at half time last night because it was quite apparent right from the start of the second half.

AlbertK86
04-08-2023, 10:15 PM

Certainly was last night. Once Boyler went off and he moved ove he was terrific. Think when he is out there he has more confidence to hit the bye line and pick out a man to pass to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silky
04-08-2023, 10:21 PM

I'm kind of starting to think the same. I like him on the left as well, but last night on the right he was really good. I'd love to see him pop up on both sides during games, however I don't think Boyle is as effective on the left. I also often wonder if he would be as effective playing a free role behind a striker/strikers and just floating wherever he wanted. He certainly causes problems and I'm glad he's ours!

Ryan91
04-08-2023, 10:39 PM

I find myself agreeing on the maturation aspect, he'll figure out he doesn't need to take 10 or 11 touches and beat a man when 1 or 2 touches and a cross/pass is as good as beating the man.

He's got an excellent first touch too, he had some sublime touches last night that turned into fantastic passes.

Smartie
05-08-2023, 08:31 AM

He definitely looked better there the other night although that’s the first time I’ve genuinely thought he might be better on the right.

I guess I don’t really want it to be true as we already have somebody who is very handy to play on the right, but might it just be that he was playing there on Thursday when the Andorrans’ lads legs went? It was a bit easier for a player with his pace when they eventually tired. Might be a different story if he started there tomorrow.

Tambo
05-08-2023, 08:52 AM
I agree with the others who think he has been just as effective or even more on the right this season.

Definitely a few moments in which he could of played the pass quicker, gets you off the edge of your seat and will be a key player again this season.

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2023, 09:07 AM
He is a left winger without a left foot

Definitely more effective on the right saves him having to check to get it onto his good foot

Needs to improve his decision making and release the ball quicker

Definitely worth the admission fee as no one not even Elie knows what he is going to do next

Let’s hope for a big season

DinkyTwo
05-08-2023, 09:12 AM
A great run and layoff for Josh's second goal and then showed his class as a finisher by creating an angle for himself and rifling in a goal, when other players might've been content to just pass the ball about at that stage of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 09:14 AM
He's unstoppable at times, and if LJ can get him to just lift his head and have a look sometimes at the better options he has, we will have a very expensive player on our hands who will make us a lot of money in the future.

I know we dont like talking about it, but getting good money for him is the way we build our club, and selling him at the right time is key to that.

Our new owners look like they are investing what we bring in, the future does look exciting.:greengrin