PDA

View Full Version : Pat Nevin - interview (Hibs content)

matty_f
04-08-2023, 01:54 PM
🎙 BONUS EPISODE🎙

We're joined by @HibernianFC fan, former Scotland international, and Chelsea, Everton, Tranmere Rovers, Kilmarnock and Motherwell player, Pat Nevin.

What an hour it is!

🎧 pod.fo/e/1a8582

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 03:31 PM
I enjoyed that, Matty.

His stories were interesting and I'm sure a lot of people would find what he had to say about being a football club CEO surprising. I certainly did.

He's obviously got a good eye for a manager too although it seems so did Leanne Dempster. :wink:

No spoilers I hope you notice!

Pedantic_Hibee
04-08-2023, 03:36 PM
I just finished reading his autobiography. Compelling.

matty_f
04-08-2023, 04:29 PM
I enjoyed that, Matty.

His stories were interesting and I'm sure a lot of people would find what he had to say about being a football club CEO surprising. I certainly did.

He's obviously got a good eye for a manager too although it seems so did Leanne Dempster. :wink:

No spoilers I hope you notice!

I really enjoyed it, he was very easy to talk to!

matty_f
04-08-2023, 07:23 PM
https://youtu.be/uMnHnbBiSYI

That's the interview on YouTube now.

Bridge hibs
04-08-2023, 07:34 PM

Nice one, thats my Saturday morning viewing sorted 👍

Shrekko
04-08-2023, 08:23 PM
Really good podcast (it always is) but really surprised to see Pat, who was claiming to be outspoken on bigotry, going down the “it’s only a small noisy minority” route on it.

Tha Cabbage Kid
04-08-2023, 09:06 PM
what??? Steve Clark????

just wow! that would have been amazing

DaveF
04-08-2023, 09:07 PM
An enjoyable listen, he's a very engaging and thoughtful guy. I'll make a point of buying his book as it'll be a good read.

Can't agree with him re his view on Jack Ross though 😄

JimBHibees
04-08-2023, 10:12 PM
Interesting intelligent guy always a good listen. Great podcast and have read and enjoyed both books.

IberianHibernian
04-08-2023, 10:43 PM
Interesting interview . Future book about stories from his football travels sounds like it might be interesting too .

TrinityHibby
05-08-2023, 06:07 AM

That was an excellent watch Matty and Colin. I have been reading Pat’s latest book on holiday in Harris and have got as far as when he accepted the Motherwell role(s). Looking forward to reading about what happened next. Thanks again guys 👍 Martin M GGTTH 🇳🇬

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2023, 06:26 AM
Great watch Matty

His first book The Accidental Footballer probably one of the best football biographies out there

An intelligent guy who saw the light

Well worth a watch/listen

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 08:11 AM
That was a great watch, thanks guys. What a brilliant, funny and intelligent speaker, I could listen to him all day. I actually got a wee bit emotional when he spoke of his love for hibs and how those hibs fans around them, now his friends supported his Son

I also loved the bit about his forefathers links to Leith 😃

matty_f
05-08-2023, 08:35 AM
That was a great watch, thanks guys. What a brilliant, funny and intelligent speaker, I could listen to him all day. I actually got a wee bit emotional when he spoke of his love for hibs and how those hibs fans around them, now his friends supported his Son

I also loved the bit about his forefathers links to Leith 😃

I would have loved more time for the interview but trying to find a time that suited everyone (working around day jobs etc) was a challenge, I messaged Pat afterwards to say thanks and he said he thought we could have chatted for hours as well.

Alvin
05-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Great listen. Comes across as a top guy.

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 01:08 PM
I would have loved more time for the interview but trying to find a time that suited everyone (working around day jobs etc) was a challenge, I messaged Pat afterwards to say thanks and he said he thought we could have chatted for hours as well.Most definitely a part 2 in there Matty 👍

Jim44
05-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Enjoyed that very much. Why did Pat slip out of the pundit role in the last few years?

matty_f
05-08-2023, 03:09 PM
Enjoyed that very much. Why did Pat slip out of the pundit role in the last few years?

He's still doing it - he's on BBC Five on the radio this weekend and does that most weekends.

He had complaints about him calling out Celtic fans singing sectarian songs when he was on Sportscene (I think), the complaint went on his favour but the B BBC never used him again despite promising they'd back him.

Fratelli
05-08-2023, 03:21 PM
He's still doing it - he's on BBC Five on the radio this weekend and does that most weekends.

He had complaints about him calling out Celtic fans singing sectarian songs when he was on Sportscene (I think), the complaint went on his favour but the B BBC never used him again despite promising they'd back him.

Thoroughly enjoyed this episode Matty, so much so I stayed on the treadmill for 10 minutes more than normal this morning!

Against my better judgement, I’m currently listening to ‘Open All Mics’ and it really is poor fare - imagine if we had guys like Pat, Graham Spiers and Jim Spence on the show?

Sadly, it will never happen…

SonOfDavidFrancey
05-08-2023, 04:27 PM
This was a really enjoyable chat - thank you. He is a great man.