PDA

View Full Version : Crowd for the Luzern game

Pages : [1] 2

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 12:32 AM
As I said on the other thread if Hibs get the tickets on sale quick, keep the prices reasonable and we get a good result on Sunday there's a good chance we could get a crowd of 18 or 19 thousand for this one. With an even bigger singing section in the FF lower the place could be bouncing ... Its what Europe is all about.

Now I see some guy on another thread saying there was a rumour going about in hospitality that Swiss TV could ask Hibs to move the kick off time to 6pm ..... I'm presuming that was a joke somebody started because if Hibs were to do such a thing we would be lucky to top tonight's of just under 14,000 ..... no way this can happen .... right?
:confused:

04-08-2023, 12:34 AM
Maybe we need to start emailing Ben Kensell to make sure kick off is at a sensible time.

B.H.F.C
04-08-2023, 12:37 AM
Is it not UEFA that determine the kick off times. Sure Hearts ended up with a couple at 6pm last year.

04-08-2023, 12:47 AM
Is it not UEFA that determine the kick off times. Sure Hearts ended up with a couple at 6pm last year.

Home games?

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 01:00 AM
Maybe we need to start emailing Ben Kensell to make sure kick off is at a sensible time.

As far as I know this is just based on an overheard conversation by a fan who was in hospitality tonight who mentioned it on another thread, it might be nothing.

In the end Hibs know full well that the majority fans have full time jobs. To agree to a 6pm kick off would be a massive kick in the baws to thousands of the clubs supporters. It shouldn't need E mails from fans or anything else for the club to know that a kick off that early would simply prevent a good few thousand fans being able to get to ER before kick off, or indeed at all.

Anyway .... That aside Hibs have to be hoping for a really good crowd for this tie, they would be mental to put that at risk to suit a foreign TV company, no matter what money is on offer.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 01:12 AM

Not at home surely? .... Europe being an hour ahead you could see an away tie being 6pm UK time, IE 7pm on the European mainland.

Surely even UEFA have to have at least a slight consideration for the lifestyle of fans of the home club ... IE most folk who work full time in the UK work until 5pm in the evening, surely the home clubs have some say in what is or isn't a reasonable kick off time considering that they need to sell tickets to actual supporters who want to see the bloody game inside the stadium?

I have to reiterate that this is just a rumour based on an alleged overheard conversation reported on another thread .... I'm not going to panic just yet.

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:28 AM
Ticket price is key. Low prices, sell it out and give us the best possible chance.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 01:43 AM
Ticket price is key. Low prices, sell it out and give us the best possible chance.

Agreed ... But I don't think Hibs are going to charge £15 a pop to ST holders for this one in all honesty. But £20 to £25 for an adult ticket would be reasonable given that this is further into the competition and we are facing a higher level of opponent.

McGhee
04-08-2023, 01:54 AM
As I said on the other thread if Hibs get the tickets on sale quick, keep the prices reasonable and we get a good result on Sunday there's a good chance we could get a crowd of 18 or 19 thousand for this one. With an even bigger singing section in the FF lower the place could be bouncing ... Its what Europe is all about.

Now I see some guy on another thread saying there was a rumour going about in hospitality that Swiss TV could ask Hibs to move the kick off time to 6pm ..... I'm presuming that was a joke somebody started because if Hibs were to do such a thing we would be lucky to top tonight's of just under 14,000 ..... no way this can happen .... right?
:confused:

The Hibernian support was brilliant at ER against the Andorran side. Really pushed the side on. It was great to see, the vocal lot given it laldy in the FFL. Full of praise for those who turned out, despite it being live on the beeb. Well done to everyone who turned up, and made it a great atmosphere at ER.

:flag:

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:57 AM
Agreed ... But I don't think Hibs are going to charge £15 a pop to ST holders for this one in all honesty. But £20 to £25 for an adult ticket would be reasonable given that this is further into the competition and we are facing a higher level of opponent.

They shouldn't be upping the prices for this one imo. Still the play off to go after this. Make it affordable and get bums on seats. Ideally making it that affordable we end up with fans in the south stand. £20 is plenty.

greenlad
04-08-2023, 05:37 AM

UEFA only set the KO times at the Group stages - 2 "sittings" each game day to get the best TV exposure. 5.45pm and 8pm. These early stages it's the home team who set the KO time.

JimBHibees
04-08-2023, 05:57 AM
They shouldn't be upping the prices for this one imo. Still the play off to go after this. Make it affordable and get bums on seats. Ideally making it that affordable we end up with fans in the south stand. £20 is plenty.

Would be surprised if not 25 may be wrong. Balance will be that this may be our last European game and will want to make some profit which imo is reasonable.

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2023, 06:02 AM
It’ll be at least £25 for this game.

HH81
04-08-2023, 06:02 AM
Would be surprised if not 25 may be wrong. Balance will be that this may be our last European game and will want to make some profit which imo is reasonable.

To be fair if we had won first leg 3-0 in Andorra they would have only been 5 or 6k there last night I reckon so had a little windfall already.

JimBHibees
04-08-2023, 06:09 AM
To be fair if we had won first leg 3-0 in Andorra they would have only been 5 or 6k there last night I reckon so had a little windfall already.

Not sure the crowd would have been much different to last night. Certainly nowhere near 5 to 6k.

Since452
04-08-2023, 06:16 AM

Yeah the defeat over there probably boosted the crowd as we had something to play for.

duffers
04-08-2023, 06:25 AM
It’ll be at least £25 for this game.

Won’t be too much more there than last night if that’s the case. Keep prices the same as last night and will hopefully get another 3/4000.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 06:26 AM
Increasing ticket prices for next week would be a stupid move IMO. Fans will have had yesterday, sunday(or ST) to pay for within a week too. Keep it same as yesterday and try to get as many there as possible

B.H.F.C
04-08-2023, 06:27 AM
Home games?

Yeah they definitely had at least one early KO in the group stage.

Nicho87
04-08-2023, 07:09 AM
I’m sure the hearts fans will be giving us hourly reports on ticket sales.

Attendance fc with their 7k season ticket waiting list has probably sold out already I imagine

Steven79
04-08-2023, 07:11 AM
I’m sure the hearts fans will be giving us hourly reports on ticket sales.

Attendance fc with their 7k season ticket waiting list has probably sold out already I imagineI heard they were moving the game to Murrayfield to cope with demand! [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Paul1642
04-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Last nights crowd is lot better crowd when you factor in that there was not a since away fan. 13,840 hibees on a wet Thursday night isn’t bad. Hopefully Luzern bring some fans, anyone know how many they took to Sweden? I can never be a season ticket holder as I would miss more game than I could make due to work but I really enjoyed last night and i am excited to walk up to more games this season than I did last year. Raith at home is probably next for me and I would have loved to get to next Thursday nights game if I could.

Alex Trager
04-08-2023, 08:51 AM
They have to keep prices the same for this round.

Lets get a big crowd in. £15 is a decent price.

I’d perhaps suggest dropping it to be honest (won’t be popular) but a full house would make a big difference to the team.

04-08-2023, 08:54 AM
Yeah they definitely had at least one early KO in the group stage.

Thanks. Greenlad's post above explains the reason for it.

Since90+2
04-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Last nights crowd is lot better crowd when you factor in that there was not a since away fan. 13,840 hibees on a wet Thursday night isn’t bad. Hopefully Luzern bring some fans, anyone know how many they took to Sweden? I can never be a season ticket holder as I would miss more game than I could make due to work but I really enjoyed last night and i am excited to walk up to more games this season than I did last year. Raith at home is probably next for me and I would have loved to get to next Thursday nights game if I could.

Can't imagine Luzern will bring more than a hundred or so

CropleyWasGod
04-08-2023, 09:14 AM
Last nights crowd is lot better crowd when you factor in that there was not a single away fan. 13,840 hibees on a wet Thursday night isn’t bad. Hopefully Luzern bring some fans, anyone know how many they took to Sweden? I can never be a season ticket holder as I would miss more game than I could make due to work but I really enjoyed last night and i am excited to walk up to more games this season than I did last year. Raith at home is probably next for me and I would have loved to get to next Thursday nights game if I could.

I did see one guy with a half-and-half scarf. Couldn't decide whether he was Andorran, or just a twat. :greengrin

Green Man
04-08-2023, 09:17 AM
I did see one guy with a half-and-half scarf. Couldn't decide whether he was Andorran, or just a twat. :greengrin

I saw the scarf seller on Albion Road had half and half scarves, along with ones from our previous European games. Given they were several years ago, they obviously weren’t big sellers - who actually buys a half and half scarf for these games?

GreenCastle
04-08-2023, 09:17 AM
Luzern do have quite a large ultra scene they may bring quite a few.

This was from their home euro game the other day.

https://youtu.be/QQYg5_keOvk

The Harp Awakes
04-08-2023, 09:27 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Does anyone know why the game kicked off at 715 rather than the normal 745 last night? Far too tight a time for some folk getting away from work. I missed the first 10 mins and there were loads of other folk who arrived late too.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
Luzern do have quite a large ultra scene they may bring quite a few.

This was from their home euro game the other day.

https://youtu.be/QQYg5_keOvk

Think most of that film was of the Swedish support on the night, unless Luzern cage their own ultras :greengrin

Certainly a big Luzern ultras / singing section behind one goal though, could make for a great atmosphere at ER if they bring a few with them. Just hope they aren't like the Malmo fans a few years ago, their fans were so obviously choreographed it all looked a bit forced and clinical.

Back Lounge
04-08-2023, 10:41 AM
7.30 kick off next week.

EGL2000
04-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Can't imagine Luzern will bring more than a hundred or so

They look like they had a couple hundred at the away game in Stockholm.

Keith_M
04-08-2023, 11:15 AM
What's the biggest travelling support we've ever had for a European game?

I know we took a big support to Anderlecht in '92.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2023, 11:15 AM
Adults priced at £20 for season ticket holders, £25 for non

Tickets on sale now for STH

Power
04-08-2023, 11:23 AM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/ticket-info-fc-luzern-h

✳️ Tickets for next Thursday are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders

✳️ The priority window will close at 5pm on Monday 7th August, and then released on general sale

✳️ STH will have the option to ADD ACCESS TO SEASON TICKET for their reserved season ticket seat - this option will not be available once the general sale commences

Tickets are priced as follows:

Season Ticket Holders

Adults - £20

Over-65s - £15

Students - £15

U18 - £15

U13 - £10

Non-Season Ticket Holders

Adults - £25

Over-65s - £20

Students - £20

U18 - £15

U13 - £10

If supporters are planning to purchase their ticket(s) whilst at Easter Road on Sunday, please note that the Ticket Hub will cease sales/enquires on any fixtures out with St. Mirren at 2pm.

Ambulant/Wheelchair Information

Ticket prices are as per the price classes above, with a complimentary Personal Assistant ticket issued if in receipt of higher/enhanced DLA/PIP.

Accessible and Carer tickets are available to buy via the Ticket Hub, please email [email protected] or call 0131 656 7066 to find out more.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 11:25 AM

Think we took a couple of thousand to FC Leige a few decades ago .... lost the game to an absolute worldy as I recall :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 11:34 AM
7.30 kick off next week.

Good news on both counts. 7:30 ensures the vast majority will have no issues making the kick off and the prices for a European game are far from as excessive as they could be ... well done Hibs on both counts :aok:

Get a result on Sunday I can see no reason why this game can't be close to a situation where tickets start being sold for the south stand in good numbers.

Green Man
04-08-2023, 11:39 AM
Fair pricing and a perfect kick off time. I got my ticket confirmation email just before I got the email announcing they were on sale :greengrin

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 11:42 AM

So gone up a £5 for each on last night. Bit disappointing tbh

Nakedmanoncrack
04-08-2023, 11:42 AM
Singing section FF Lower?

leftpeg
04-08-2023, 11:45 AM
Singing section FF Lower?Yes

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

flash
04-08-2023, 11:46 AM
Think we took a couple of thousand to FC Leige a few decades ago .... lost the game to an absolute worldy as I recall :greengrin

https://youtu.be/R0OuGICi5GE

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2023, 11:52 AM

2,500 to Anderlecht. Most travelled overland. What a trip that was!

jeffers
https://youtu.be/R0OuGICi5GE

We had a brilliant support that night, was some trip. One of the best strikes I ever seen go in against us. Goram didn’t even realise it had hit the stanchion and rebounded back onto the pitch.

Nakedmanoncrack
Yes

Must be because FF Lower ST seats aren't reserved, though they should be making it clear & promoting it. Anyway, been on and got own seats this time.

flash
04-08-2023, 11:56 AM
We had a brilliant support that night, was some trip. One of the best strikes I ever seen go in against us. Goram didn’t even realise it had hit the stanchion and rebounded back onto the pitch.

We stayed after the match chatting to Liege fans and missed our bus back into town. Think we ended up walking back.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 12:07 PM
So gone up a £5 for each on last night. Bit disappointing tbh

Not sure why you say that, have you seen the amount of money we have spent this summer? It also has to be considered that the club will have considerable expenses, especially in expensive destinations like Switzerland .. you can probably chuck in that the players will be on a bonus to get through each round.

The walk up prices being quoted are pretty well in line with a league game against the likes of St Mirren or Ross County. Also on 3 occasions already this season Hibs have rewarded ST holders with reduced prices ... one free match, even if it was a friendly, and now two competitive matches discounted by a fiver.

If anybody really is disappointed by £20 and £25 for a European match against what I'm sure will be tough opposition they really shouldn't be IMO.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 12:11 PM
Not sure why you say that, have you seen the amount of money we have spent this summer? It also has to be considered that the club will have considerable expenses, especially in expensive destinations like Switzerland .. you can probably chuck in that the players will be on a bonus to get through each round.

The walk up prices being quoted are pretty well in line with a league game against the likes of St Mirren or Ross County. Also on 3 occasions already this season Hibs have rewarded ST holders with reduced prices ... one free match, even if it was a friendly, and now two competitive matches discounted by a fiver.

If anybody really is disappointed by £20 and £25 for a European match against what I'm sure will be tough opposition they really shouldn't be IMO.

Just giving my opinion and I don’t think I’m being unreasonable with what I’ve said. I expected Hibs to keep it the same as last night if I’m honest but a £5 increase is a big jump. Hardly like we are playing a well known team either.

Anyway as I say, just my opinion and I know others also stated on the thread it would be good to keep the price the same as yesterday.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2023, 12:17 PM
Just giving my opinion and I don’t think I’m being unreasonable with what I’ve said. I expected Hibs to keep it the same as last night if I’m honest but a £5 increase is a big jump. Hardly like we are playing a well known team either.

Anyway as I say, just my opinion and I know others also stated on the thread it would be good to keep the price the same as yesterday.

I expected an increase and will probably go up again if we manage to get through this one

Real Emerald
04-08-2023, 12:20 PM
Anyone having issues adding reserved tickets to their basket?
Bought mine 5 minutes ago using my iPhone, no problems.

Hibby70
04-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Bought mine 5 minutes ago using my iPhone, no problems.

It went through eventually. Must be the huge demand 😂

Real Emerald
04-08-2023, 12:24 PM
It went through eventually. Must be the huge demand 😂
Must be 👍🇺🇿

Diclonius
04-08-2023, 12:30 PM
£20 and 7:30pm both solid decisions, hopefully a good crowd.

andrew70
04-08-2023, 12:39 PM

100% this. Madness how folk keep wanting things for next to nothing yet want a team that will challenge for Europe and in Europe.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 12:43 PM
100% this. Madness how folk keep wanting things for next to nothing yet want a team that will challenge for Europe and in Europe.

Hardly madness. A game last night, a game next Thursday, raith game coming up all on top of league games. Don’t think it would be asking much to keep all tickets to £20.

Garymcl
04-08-2023, 12:45 PM
Just got 4 in the FF lower easy peasy canny wait gotta love these European nights at the Leith San Siro enjoyed the atmosphere at last nights game should be even better on the 10 th bigger crowd

andrew70
04-08-2023, 12:45 PM
Hardly madness. A game last night, a game next Thursday, raith game coming up all on top of league games. Don’t think it would be asking much to keep all tickets to £20.

They are £20 for ST holders. Another benefit of being an ST holder.

Raith game £15 another discounted game.

Hibs can’t keep giving things away or would you prefer we didn’t see the investment that we have done.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 12:47 PM
They are £20 for ST holders. Another benefit of being an ST holder.

Raith game £15 another discounted game.

Hibs can’t keep giving things away or would you prefer we didn’t see the investment that we have done.

Again, bit extreme. Not asking them to give things away here and I think you know that.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 12:52 PM

At half time last night my mate scrolled through his phone looking at that nights results. I didn't know 2/3 of the clubs and I like to think my football knowledge is reasonable. At this stage of modern European competition it's not so much what club you are playing as what league they come from.

It's not unreasonable to surmise that Luzern being from the Swiss league and having already knocked out a Swedish team will at the very least be on a par with the likes of us Aberdeen and Hearts, probably of a standard somewhere between that and the Uglies.
Given current prices for attending top flight games I'm just not getting that Hibs are being in any way unreasonable with their pricing of this ..... Dundee United are charging away fans £27 a pop for their 'fair play stand' in the championship FFS .... now that has caused a considerable amount of backlash and rightly so.

Don't get me wrong mate. If I think Hibs are being unreasonable I will be quick to say so, I was pretty unimpressed with walk up prices for the gold sections for this season. IMO the club are pushing things extremely close to what is unreasonable for the league we play in and I said so.

Allant1981
04-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Will it be on tv again next week, can't mind seeing anything, might struggle for time next week

LaMotta
04-08-2023, 01:01 PM

The extra fiver wont put anyone off going to what is a massive game though, so the price seems right. If we get at least 16k in the ground then that will generate an extra £80k for Hibs. A no brainer for Hibs to pop up the price a bit.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:02 PM
Will it be on tv again next week, can't mind seeing anything, might struggle for time next week

Hearts are away next week so I’d imagine if BBC are showing any it will be that. Hopefully they then show our away tie the week after

Billy Whizz
04-08-2023, 01:04 PM
There’s a absolutely no reason we can’t qualify from this tie

Waxy
04-08-2023, 01:04 PM
Wonder if we’ll get a part of the south stand?

Allant1981
04-08-2023, 01:05 PM
Hearts are away next week so I’d imagine if BBC are showing any it will be that. Hopefully they then show our away tie the week after

I'll just need to try and get finished sharp next week!!

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 01:16 PM
There’s a absolutely no reason we can’t qualify from this tie

There isn't, but it will be tough. Swedish fitba aint bad but Luzern won their away tie there, one thing is for sure there's no way we'll be underestimating this lot.

For the last 15 minutes or so last night the structure and discipline kind of fell apart as players seemed to start doing their own thing with a wee bit of showboating thrown in to be honest ... we lost a goal as a result of it ... super finish by the guy mind.

We will have to be at our very best IMO and a big turnout from our fans wont do us any harm on the night either.

JimBHibees
04-08-2023, 01:23 PM

Totally agree.

Billy Whizz
04-08-2023, 01:28 PM
There isn't, but it will be tough. Swedish fitba aint bad but Luzern won their away tie there, one thing is for sure there's no way we'll be underestimating this lot.

For the last 15 minutes or so last night the structure and discipline kind of fell apart as players seemed to start doing their own thing with a wee bit of showboating thrown in to be honest ... we lost a goal as a result of it ... super finish by the guy mind.

We will have to be at our very best IMO and a big turnout from our fans wont do us any harm on the night either.

The Swedish champions were knocked out the Champions League on Wednesday by a team from the Faroes. Yes Luzern win in Sweden but it was a draw last night
We have a real chance in this game

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:28 PM

Your saying that as if the normal prices are acceptable and this is a good price against it..
The normal prices are far too high. £20 is enough for anyone to watch a game of football, this is a game you need to buy on top of your season ticket and encourage walk ups, £20 should be the max I'll never come away from that view. The mob across the city obviously agree as they have set it at £20, that's with them more likely to sell out than us.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:29 PM
Your saying that as if the normal prices are acceptable and this is a good price against it..
The normal prices are far too high. £20 is enough for anyone to watch a game of football, this is a game you need to buy on top of your season ticket and encourage walk ups, £20 should be the max I'll never come away from that view.

How do we pay for players if we keep ticket prices low?

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:31 PM
How do we pay for players if we keep ticket prices low?

Make the tickets £50 then and we can get twice the player in the door? We could potentially add on another few thousand fans if it was cheaper..helping the team into the next round bringing in more ££.
Just think it will put off some walk ups at £25. When there pal is getting it cheaper for being able to afford or commit to a season ticket.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:32 PM
Make the tickets £50 then and we can get twice the player in the door? We could potentially add on another few thousand fans if it was cheaper..helping the team into the next round bringing in more ££.

Could you answer my question?

It has been proven many times that reducing prices does not increase revenue.

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:35 PM
Could you answer my question?

You don't need to up your ticket prices to afford new players as such. Selling players and making profits, doing better in cup competitions, selling more season tickets, this European game won't make too much of a difference, if drop the price a fiver it's not going to hinder us in the transfer market.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:37 PM
Just think it will put off some walk ups at £25. When there pal is getting it cheaper for being able to afford or commit to a season ticket.

That may be where my main gripe is. A whole £5 more because you can’t manage a ST isn’t really on in my eyes. If it’s £20 for some it should be £20 for all

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:37 PM
You don't need to up your ticket prices to afford new players as such. Selling players and making profits, doing better in cup competitions, selling more season tickets, this European game won't make too much of a difference, if drop the price a fiver it's not going to hinder us in the transfer market.

You said you think £20 is enough to watch a football match.

To do that would lose us £millions over a season.

Pointless arguing about it, though.

Brightside
04-08-2023, 01:38 PM
That may be where my main gripe is. A whole £5 more because you can’t manage a ST isn’t really on in my eyes. If it’s £20 for some it should be £20 for all

Has to be benefits of getting a ST.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:38 PM

I see it as a reward to ST holders, not a punishment for walk-ups.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:39 PM
Has to be benefits of getting a ST.

The benefit is cheaper prices across the season and I believe there was a free friendly. Also get priority access for various stuff which is fine. A European game has never been on a ST so can’t really accept that a walk up should have to pay £5 more.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:41 PM
The benefit is cheaper prices across the season and I believe there was a free friendly. A European game has never been on a ST so can’t really accept that a walk up shouldnt have to pay £5.

I got a game last season for £5, I think. There was no compensation for ST holders who had ponied up in advance.

Brightside
04-08-2023, 01:41 PM
The benefit is cheaper prices across the season and I believe there was a free friendly. Also get priority access for various stuff which is fine. A European game has never been on a ST so can’t really accept that a walk up should have to pay £5 more.

But I like this benefit....I'd like it even more if it was free entry to all games for STs.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:42 PM
Also, European and domestic cup games used to be included free for ST holders.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:42 PM
I got a game last season for £5, I think. There was no compensation for ST holders who had ponied up in advance.

And neither there should have been. I had a ST last season (not this one coming) and had no issue with a lower price game for ST J. Infact it got more people in the ground which is precisely what we should be doing for next week.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:43 PM
Also, European and domestic cup games used to be included free for ST holders.

Years ago. That’s not been the case for a long time now

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:44 PM
But I like this benefit....I'd like it even more if it was free entry to all games for STs.

Maybe if they non ST holders £5 for attending, we'd sell out every week.

JammyDoidger
04-08-2023, 01:44 PM

Another benefit is ST holders can pick their own seats and take up all the best seats leaving the walk ups who are paying £5 more all the crap seats. Don't agree with it on this one, should be the same all round.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Another benefit is ST holders can pick their own seats and take up all the best seats leaving the walk ups who are paying £5 more all the crap seats. Don't agree with it on this one, should be the same all round.

Well that is a consequence of course but I don’t agree with someone paying £5 than the person next to them fundamentally.

The league brought something in several years ago now saying home and away fans had to be charged the same (as that wasn’t always the case) so it should really be the same across the board.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:51 PM
And neither there should have been. I had a ST last season (not this one coming) and had no issue with a lower price game for ST J. Infact it got more people in the ground which is precisely what we should be doing for next week.

You started off complaining that prices had gone up £5 across the board.

Never mind, I'm happy to pay £25 for my walk up ticket, plus £70 for the train. And it seems many are happy to pay several hundreds to see the away leg.

I think the attendance on Thursday will be affected far more by our performance on Sunday (£28 for my ticket) than the price to get in.

Either way, our stands will be close to full.

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:52 PM
Well that is a consequence of course but I don’t agree with someone paying £5 than the person next to them fundamentally.

The league brought something in several years ago now saying home and away fans had to be charged the same (as that wasn’t always the case) so it should really be the same across the board.

Your season ticket means you've paid less than a walk-up.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Your season ticket means you've paid less than a walk-up.

Yes over the season. But to be charging a fan one price and another a different price for a one off game doesn’t sit right with me. Surely you understand that?

LaMotta
04-08-2023, 01:55 PM

Season Ticket really does look a a good buy doesn't it?

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 01:58 PM
Yes over the season. But to be charging a fan one price and another a different price for a one off game doesn’t sit right with me. Surely you understand that?

I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree.

Early bird ST holders pay less than those who wait. I got into a game for £5 last season when ST holders had paid more.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The decision has been made.

Mind you, if you're really that uncomfortable with the prices, could you buy my ticket for me and I'll give you the £20 at the game? :greengrin

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 02:01 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree.

Early bird ST holders pay less than those who wait. I got into a game for £5 last season when ST holders had paid more.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The decision has been made.

Mind you, if you're really that uncomfortable with the prices, could you buy my ticket for me and I'll give you the £20 at the game? :greengrin

Decision has been made and it won’t change anything. Just doesn’t sit well with me. However, I have bought a ticket for next week

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 02:02 PM

I don't think he was complaining about it mate, in fact I doubt there's more than a tiny fraction of ST holders who do or did. I think most of us get the thinking behind having a couple of games like that every season. I think the point he was making is that it balances itself out to an extent. IE as ST holder had paid around £22 for a game folk were getting for a tenner or whatever it was, which kind of negates getting a fiver off games like next Thursdays.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 02:19 PM

Potato potaato mate .. it's a simple matter to turn that on it's head and say ST holders are paying £5 less as a reward for a season long financial commitment to the club, especially bearing in mind that probably half or more ST holders miss at least one game every season for a myriad of unavoidable reasons and most of them know that will be the case when they buy one.

In fact, it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that if Hibs didn't have 12,000 or more folk committing to a season ticket for next season the club would probably have to increase walk up prices by more than they have. Elsewhere on this thread Hearts prices for their tie were mentioned, it's just as easy to make an argument that because they have 15,000 ST holders it enables them to charge £20 across the board for it far more than Hibs could.

I am not in any way trying to say that as supporters ST holders are better than walk ups. Many folk can only afford a few games a year no matter how much a ticket is, or can only attend a few due to work or whatever ... they are just as good supporters as any season ticket holder IMO. But from a business sense the benefit to Hibs from ST holders is totally obvious and the club from that POV is right to give them certain benefits for buying one.

20s plenty might work in leagues awash with TV money and massive sponsorship like the EPL or Bundesliga ... In this country ticket sales are the absolute lifeblood of every club, especially the non OF ones and if folk want to see 300K and 700K players on the park we have to accept that there's a limit to how much leeway clubs like us have when it comes to discounting tickets.

CockneyRebel
04-08-2023, 02:30 PM
Potato potaato mate .. it's a simple matter to turn that on it's head and say ST holders are paying £5 less as a reward for a season long financial commitment to the club, especially bearing in mind that probably half or more ST holders miss at least one game every season for a myriad of unavoidable reasons and most of them know that will be the case when they buy one.

In fact, it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that if Hibs didn't have 12,000 or more folk committing to a season ticket for next season the club would probably have to increase walk up prices by more than they have. Elsewhere on this thread Hearts prices for their tie were mentioned, it's just as easy to make an argument that because they have 15,000 ST holders it enables them to charge £20 across the board for it far more than Hibs could.

I am not in any way trying to say that as supporters ST holders are better than walk ups. Many folk can only afford a few games a year no matter how much a ticket is, or can only attend a few due to work or whatever ... they are just as good supporters as any season ticket holder IMO. But from a business sense the benefit to Hibs from ST holders is totally obvious and the club from that POV is right to give them certain benefits for buying one.

20s plenty might work in leagues awash with TV money and massive sponsorship like the EPL or Bundesliga ... In this country ticket sales are the absolute lifeblood of every club, especially the non OF ones and if folk want to see 300K and 700K players on the park we have to accept that there's a limit to how much leeway clubs like us have when it comes to discounting tickets.

Pretty much agree with all the above NN. There ain't no way to please everybody, it seems, so the debate will stagger on. There will be differing scenarios in the future, I expect, and the same arguments will reappear.

DaveF
04-08-2023, 02:34 PM
Just went to buy mine but my seat is greyed out. Can see the odd seat available in section 13 but assume I'm doing something wrong if my ST seat is not available (and I've not bought it)

Blaster
04-08-2023, 02:36 PM
Just went to buy mine but my seat is greyed out. Can see the odd seat available in section 13 but assume I'm doing something wrong if my ST seat is not available (and I've not bought it)

DaveF
04-08-2023, 02:37 PM

Ah...gotcha.

Thanks.

DaveF
04-08-2023, 02:41 PM
Perhaps you haven’t logged in? If that’s the case the system would not recognise you as a season ticket holder and only offer you seats that we’re not taken as season tickets.

I'd logged on and bought my ticket for Raith but must have somehow logged out at the same time when searching for the Luzern one.

Old age.

Hibi
04-08-2023, 03:28 PM

I normally have this but for some reason don’t have the option for either the raith or Luzern game. Have other people had their tickets reserved?

Blaster
04-08-2023, 03:37 PM
I normally have this but for some reason don’t have the option for either the raith or Luzern game. Have other people had their tickets reserved?

Mine definitely was for both

scoopyboy
04-08-2023, 03:49 PM
Decision has been made and it won’t change anything. Just doesn’t sit well with me. However, I have bought a ticket for next week

I'm delighted you have bought a ticket for next week even though you don't agree with the pricing.

What I don't get however is why you expect a European tie to be cheaper than a league match at home to Ross County, Dundee, Livingston, etc.

aarsan
04-08-2023, 03:51 PM

Just have one less pint

Real Emerald
04-08-2023, 03:55 PM

As a season ticket holder I’ve never benefited from cheaper prices as I and almost everyone I know miss quite a few games during the season due to rearranged kick off times etc. I’ve only ever bought it so that I know I have my seat and it’s usually reserved for cup games. There really isn’t very many perks for committing £400 up front for the season. Non season ticket holders can stop going and save a fortune if things aren’t going well.

Brooster
04-08-2023, 04:15 PM
Hibs are spot on with the prices. If we want big money signings then surely we should be prepared to pay £20/25 for these big games.

EH54
04-08-2023, 04:39 PM
I get the frustration of some, but I think it’s about time hibs started to make STs more beneficial it might actually make more people think of getting one. Which is the main objective..

It’s hard to commit to every single game especially these days with changing fixture dates and times. More late and early ko times. Miss a game or two and your price benefit is effectively gone. Promotions like this makes it more appealing to fans. Especially when let’s face it when every you want a ticket at ER you can get one and almost often than not if you want a ticket at Hampden you will be successful…. Had the prices been higher I would understand but I would happily pay 25quid for the game next week. So even at that I believe the prices are fair.

I would love for clubs to get on board with 20s plenty and reduce ticket prices etc to get full stadiums. But it’s just not the reality. In that case the argument should be about ticket prices I. General not that ST holders are getting a reduced ticket.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 05:09 PM
Just have one less pint

Is that you rishi sunak?

LewysGot2
04-08-2023, 05:23 PM
I'm delighted you have bought a ticket for next week even though you don't agree with the pricing.

What I don't get however is why you expect a European tie to be cheaper than a league match at home to Ross County, Dundee, Livingston, etc.

Where I’m at.

Having been charged £44 to sit in a shed in Andorra, this is reasonable and good value. :agree:

JimBHibees
04-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Hibs are spot on with the prices. If we want big money signings then surely we should be prepared to pay £20/25 for these big games.

Agree was actually thinking it might have been dearer

brianmc
04-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Is that you rishi sunak?

How about you respond to Scoopyboy's point?

Ralphy C
04-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Reserved and able to add to season ticket for Euro game but neither for raith game.

HNA12
04-08-2023, 08:26 PM
Can we cut out the personal stuff please, we really don’t want to be deleting posts or handing out warnings.

McD
04-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Where I’m at.

Having been charged £44 to sit in a shed in Andorra, this is reasonable and good value. :agree:

Was that the cost of a ticket for the away leg? Jeez, that puts the £20/£25 debate in context

LewysGot2
04-08-2023, 10:37 PM
Was that the cost of a ticket for the away leg? Jeez, that puts the £20/£25 debate in context

Yup - to sit side on to the pitch. £44 a ticket. In a ramshackle stand. If you wanted a cheaper ticket - same price range as the Luzern home tickets - you were behind the goals, beyond both a 5 aside pitch and a running track.

Worse view than Meadowbank behind the goals.

Inter charged the maximum amount that UEFA allows for the stage of the competition for what was the equivalent of a communal public facility.

Portaloos x4. No drinks or food available to buy.

Dublin07
05-08-2023, 08:04 AM
Yup - to sit side on to the pitch. £44 a ticket. In a ramshackle stand. If you wanted a cheaper ticket - same price range as the Luzern home tickets - you were behind the goals, beyond both a 5 aside pitch and a running track.

Worse view than Meadowbank behind the goals.

Inter charged the maximum amount that UEFA allows for the stage of the competition for what was the equivalent of a communal public facility.

Portaloos x4. No drinks or food available to buy.

To be fair they were the cleanest portaloos I have ever used. You could get a drink of water or juice if you basically left the ground , re entered the section behind the goals and walked to the back corner where the fence shouters were.

Onceinawhile
05-08-2023, 06:48 PM
Obviously it's more expensive.

You wouldn't expect a semi final to cost the same as a quarter final?

£20 for a European game is pretty decent.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2023, 07:19 PM
Away fans are charged 20CHF at European games at Luzern so our prices are on par with what we will pay over there.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2023, 07:48 AM
£20 and £25 quid is excellent value for a European tie imo. The novelty value of playing a foreign team and the prestige of playing in Europe would justify charging more for tickets so I think Hibs deserve credit for their sensible pricing.

As for walkups being charged a fiver more, again, I don’t think the club can be criticised here. Advertising the benefits of getting a season ticke along with the installment plans and reasonable pricing levels, especially, for early birds, makes a season ticket attractive and value for money.

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2023, 08:31 AM
I saw the scarf seller on Albion Road had half and half scarves, along with ones from our previous European games. Given they were several years ago, they obviously weren’t big sellers - who actually buys a half and half scarf for these games?

Jambos

LewysGot2
06-08-2023, 10:24 AM
Jambos

Aye, for games in Govan :wink:

linlithgowhibbie
06-08-2023, 10:33 AM
Aye, for games in Govan :wink:
:top marks:aok:

Del Boy
06-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Any chance of this game being on tv?

Seekyit
06-08-2023, 05:32 PM
Have i got this right, if you buy your own seat it automatically goes on to your ST card, scan at turnstile as normal or is there a separate ticket as it were?

LewysGot2
06-08-2023, 05:33 PM
Have i got this right, if you buy your own seat it automatically goes on to your ST card, scan at turnstile as normal or is there a separate ticket as it were?

If you do it before 5pm tomorrow and select it as an option at check out. After 5pm that option no longer possible

Seekyit
06-08-2023, 05:35 PM
If you do it before 5pm tomorrow and select it as an option at check out. After 5pm that option no longer possible

Spot on, cheers.

DH1875
06-08-2023, 06:02 PM
Any chance of this game being on tv?

Think its on BBC Scotland channel.

Del Boy
06-08-2023, 07:19 PM

Cheers, not 100% sure I can make it yet

hibee_girl
06-08-2023, 07:23 PM

It's not in the listings for BBC Scotland on Thursday.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2023, 07:35 PM
It's not in the listings for BBC Scotland on Thursday.

It’s probably an online broadcast like the last 2

LewysGot2
06-08-2023, 07:40 PM
Have KO times for both legs been confirmed?

hibee_girl
06-08-2023, 07:40 PM
It’s probably an online broadcast like the last 2

Last Thursday's game was on the tv channel.

McD
07-08-2023, 08:14 AM
Is Vente registered and good to go for the game on Thursday?

MacBean
07-08-2023, 08:36 AM
BBC didn’t announce that they were covering our games for the last round until 48 hours before the first leg

Lago
07-08-2023, 08:57 AM
BBC didn’t announce that they were covering our games for the last round until 48 hours before the first leg
Might be better if they don't, could be another embarrassing night.

lyonhibs
07-08-2023, 09:42 AM

Fingers crossed for another last minute announcement here then :agree:

Real Emerald
07-08-2023, 04:56 PM
Just had a look at the ticket sales now they’ve gone on public sale and I’m shocked at how many season ticket seats are left. Doesn’t look like a big take up at all.

linlithgowhibbie
07-08-2023, 04:58 PM
Just had a look at the ticket sales now they’ve gone on public sale and I’m shocked at how many season ticket seats are left. Doesn’t look like a big take up at all.

Worked well for me though, I got 5 seats on the half way line S40, half way up for our group of 3 ST holders and 2 non ST holders.:thumbsup:

JammyDoidger
07-08-2023, 05:02 PM

Can't say I'm too surprised there's nothing attractive about this team just now with Johnson in charge. I'll be there regardless hoping for the best, hopefully we sell the 3 home stands at least, annoying as Hearts will treat their game like it's a cup final and sell it out.

Real Emerald
07-08-2023, 05:03 PM
Can't say I'm too surprised there's nothing attractive about this team just now with Johnson in charge. I'll be there regardless hoping for the best, hopefully we sell the 3 home stands at least, annoying as Hearts will treat their game like it's a cup final and sell it out.

It really feels like it’s pointless even qualifying for Europe.

Mikey_1875
07-08-2023, 05:08 PM
Forgot about the deadline and ST seat gone already! Got one near it though.

LewysGot2
07-08-2023, 05:09 PM

I'd forgotten the deadline in and amongst all the other ticket deadlines for this month. Money will be a big factor.

If folk have been buying tickets to all the cup ties this month - 2 home ECL and one League Cup on top of Blackpool (which 3000 did) and then 2 away legs in Europe - albeit not many went to Andorra- then the outlay will have been not insignificant. Hibs tickets for me this month are now my 2nd biggest outlay this month after my mortgage.

Fortunately the other half isn't on dot.net :wink:

DIXIHIBS
07-08-2023, 05:10 PM
It really feels like it’s pointless even qualifying for Europe.

Thats the spirit:rolleyes:

LewysGot2
07-08-2023, 05:10 PM
Forgot about the deadline and ST seat gone already! Got one near it though.

I remembered at 5.30. Thankfully sears were still there :thumbsup:

Real Emerald
07-08-2023, 05:11 PM
I'd forgotten the deadline in and amongst all the other ticket deadlines for this month. Money will be a big factor.

If folk have been buying tickets to all the cup ties this month - 2 home ECL and one League Cup on top of Blackpool (which 3000 did) and then 2 away legs in Europe - albeit not many went to Andorra- then the outlay will have been not insignificant. Hibs tickets for me this month are now my 2nd biggest outlay this month after my mortgage.

Fortunately the other half isn't on dot.net :wink:

It is a lot but it may be the last European game for a while. 😩

Real Emerald
07-08-2023, 05:13 PM
Thats the spirit:rolleyes:

Well my ticket is already bought so that’s where my spirit is, just disappointed to see such a poor take up. Hopefully a lot of ST holders just forgot about the deadline.

DH1875
07-08-2023, 05:16 PM

They are supposed to be showing it. No sure why not announced yet.

DIXIHIBS
07-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Well my ticket is already bought so that’s where my spirit is, just disappointed to see such a poor take up. Hopefully a lot of ST holders just forgot about the deadline.

:wink:. Just bought mine as well. The last round was the same and ended up selling near 14k so hopefully the same.

Real Emerald
07-08-2023, 05:19 PM
:wink:. Just bought mine as well. The last round was the same and ended up selling near 14k so hopefully the same.

Yes, hopefully 🤞 👍🇺🇿

Up-the-slope
07-08-2023, 05:35 PM
Maybe if announced that should we get through then ticket holders will get priority for next round.... that would fairly increase take up I think and also make for bigger crowd / atmosphere and so likelihood of progressing

HendoDelivered
07-08-2023, 05:39 PM
7 tickets bought for the FF

Simkin911
07-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Sky News just said ‘there is prospect of an ‘All England tie’ if Hibernian progress in their tie to subsequently face Aston Villa’.
Muppets.

AliboyFC
07-08-2023, 06:04 PM
Sky News just said ‘there is prospect of an ‘All England tie’ if Hibernian progress in their tie to subsequently face Aston Villa’.
Muppets.

Stupid *****.

Steven79
07-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Muppets.Does it really surprise you?

England = UK = England in their eyes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibee-boys
07-08-2023, 06:10 PM
I went in to buy 2 tickets yesterday and was amazed how many were sold, didn’t realise there was a window for season ticket holders🤷🏼 That explains it, should read the comms they send out.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2023, 06:22 PM
I went in to buy 2 tickets yesterday and was amazed how many were sold, didn’t realise there was a window for season ticket holders🤷🏼 That explains it, should read the comms they send out.

They weren’t sold, just reserved until today for season ticket holders

Del Boy
07-08-2023, 06:24 PM
They are supposed to be showing it. No sure why not announced yet.

Maybe Hibs don’t want it announced until later to maximise ticket sales?

B.H.F.C
07-08-2023, 07:18 PM
Think we’ll end up with a crowd slightly better than last week. Quick turnaround for folk in terms of getting tickets, be plenty folk just not got round to it. Famous Five Lower already selling well.

linlithgowhibbie
07-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Think we’ll end up with a crowd slightly better than last week. Quick turnaround for folk in terms of getting tickets, be plenty folk just not got round to it. Famous Five Lower already selling well.

Plus probably around 1000 away fans instead of none!

Up-the-slope
07-08-2023, 09:44 PM
Plus probably around 1000 away fans instead of none!

pity then trying to find accommodation in Festival Edinburgh at short notice

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2023, 10:11 PM
Muppets.

To be fair, if Aston Villa are typical of most EPL teams the Hibs team probably has more English players than theirs does :greengrin

Chorley Hibee
08-08-2023, 04:18 AM
A few days to go, but the uptake looks awful so far.

Phil MaGlass
08-08-2023, 06:26 AM
sky news just said ‘there is prospect of an ‘all england tie’ if hibernian progress in their tie to subsequently face aston villa’.
Muppets.

f, sky

Bad Habits
08-08-2023, 08:55 AM
Just bought my ticket for the game!

first game of the season for me

Lago
08-08-2023, 09:47 AM
On BBC TV, so expect that will knock a few off the gate especially after Sunday.

lyonhibs
08-08-2023, 09:57 AM
On BBC TV, so expect that will knock a few off the gate especially after Sunday.

Is that confirmed? Not on BBC Scotland's listings yet, unless it's iPlayer only?

MountcastleHibs
08-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Is that confirmed? Not on BBC Scotland's listings yet, unless it's iPlayer only?

They’re showing our home leg and Hearts’ home leg.

18Craig75
08-08-2023, 10:04 AM
Is the ticket website playing up for anyone?

Wouldn’t let me enter payment details yesterday and it wont even let me on today due to a cookies issue by the look of it.

MacBean
08-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Yeah confirmed
Hibs and hearts home legs and both Huns games

GreenGray
08-08-2023, 10:22 AM
Fair play to the BBC for at least picking the games up but surely makes more logical sense to air the away legs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2023, 10:38 AM
Be lucky if there is 10k at this game going by the sales so far.

GreenGray
08-08-2023, 10:38 AM

Honestly thought this would sell out and have a great atmosphere. Suppose sunday killed any chances of that happening.

lyonhibs
08-08-2023, 10:39 AM
Yeah confirmed
Hibs and hearts home legs and both Huns games

Brilliant news 👌

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Honestly thought this would sell out and have a great atmosphere. Suppose sunday killed any chances of that happening.

You'd think it would still whet the appetite. There is no way we will play the same way against a totally different side.

Groathillgrump
08-08-2023, 10:57 AM
You'd think it would still whet the appetite. There is no way we will play the same way against a totally different side.

I admire your optimism.

Nicho87
08-08-2023, 11:05 AM
Bbc at its best. Why would they not try and get the away legs for both hibs and hearts

Skilfully managed to get both legs of sevco, shocked not shocked

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2023, 11:09 AM
I admire your optimism.

Thank you :greengrin

What's the point in being miserable? We know fine well that supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster, and we are just as likely to hit the top of the ride on Thursday as we are to hit the dip again.

Keith_M
08-08-2023, 11:10 AM
Ticket sales for the Hearts game in Rosenborg are apparently quite poor.

I don't mean in the Hearts end, as they're apparently taking a decent number, but the home stands are gonna be less than half full.

Just wondering if there will be the same (apparent) lack of interest in Luzern

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 11:14 AM
Thank you :greengrin

What's the point in being miserable? We know fine well that supporting Hibs is a rollercoaster, and we are just as likely to hit the top of the ride on Thursday as we are to hit the dip again.

A rollercoaster regularly goes up.

Supporting Hibs is more akin to a permanent plunge with a few bumps along the way to slow the descent and trick us into having hope! :greengrin

B.H.F.C
08-08-2023, 11:21 AM

I think sales will really pick up leading up to the game. Was never going to be a sell out but I think we’ll exceed the crowd that we had last Thursday. It’s just a quick turnaround between games and no real rush to get tickets for a lot of folk.

hibsforeurope
08-08-2023, 11:21 AM
Ticket sales will be hit with it being the last week of the school holiday for many, last minute getaways.

Live on free telly also a big factor.

Although it’s classed as the conference league it’s essentially still the old inter toro cup, that was never well supported compared to the uefa cup.

lyonhibs
08-08-2023, 11:22 AM
Ticket sales for the Hearts game in Rosenborg are apparently quite poor.

I don't mean in the Hearts end, as they're apparently taking a decent number, but the home stands are gonna be less than half full.

Just wondering if there will be the same (apparent) lack of interest in Luzern

Their ST holders get a free ticket, so that may boost numbers but attendances in Swiss football on average aren't fantastic

Keith_M
08-08-2023, 11:27 AM
A rollercoaster regularly goes up.

Supporting Hibs is more akin to a permanent plunge with a few bumps along the way to slow the descent and trick us into having hope! :greengrin

Supporting Hibs is more like a Bungee jump, where the rope snaps and you plunge into a freezing river full of Pirhanas

Too far? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 11:29 AM
It's strange how the sites I use to check live football on TV have literally nothing listed on Thursday.

Weird.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

Keith_M
08-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Their ST holders get a free ticket, so that may boost numbers but attendances in Swiss football on average aren't fantastic

Is it similar to Austrian crowds, or a bit better?

I was quite surpised when I lived there how low their attendances could be.

McD
08-08-2023, 11:32 AM
It's strange how the sites I use to check live football on TV have literally nothing listed on Thursday.

Weird.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/

bbc Scotland shows the rangers game in the schedule but not the Hibs game

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 11:32 AM
Supporting Hibs is more like a Bungee jump, where the rope snaps and you plunge into a freezing river full of Pirhanas

Too far? :greengrin

Not bad except in your analogy, the misery ends! :wink:

steve75
08-08-2023, 11:36 AM
Ticket sales will be hit with it being the last week of the school holiday for many, last minute getaways.

Although it’s classed as the conference league it’s essentially still the old inter toro cup, that was never well supported compared to the uefa cup.

It's nothing like the Intertoto. That had a single winner that got into the UEFA Cup.

The conference league is now more like what the Europa League was + a few teams from smaller countries, and with the amount of teams that drop down, the Europa League is a Champions League B + Europa.

However, we only managed ~11k for the Europa Brondby game right after the Scottish Cup. Folk just don't go to these games.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-08-2023, 11:41 AM
It's nothing like the Intertoto. That had a single winner that got into the UEFA Cup.

The conference league is now more like what the Europa League was + a few teams from smaller countries, and with the amount of teams that drop down, the Europa League is a Champions League B + Europa.

However, we only managed ~11k for the Europa Brondby game right after the Scottish Cup. Folk just don't go to these games.

Was Brondby as low as that?
I wasn't at the home leg as was away on holiday.

Keith_M
08-08-2023, 11:45 AM

True

:greengrin

steve75
08-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Was Brondby as low as that?
I wasn't at the home leg as was away on holiday.

Actually seems it was 13k. Looks like I just made up 11k. Point being it wasn't a sell out, and this won't be either. And that's ok.

Good thread from the time about why we need not worry about sales
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?313386-Attendance-at-First-Leg-v-Brondby-Some-Context&p=4765376&viewfull=1

Since452
08-08-2023, 11:51 AM
The crowd we had last week for the Inter game was astonishing. A lot of people won't be able to afford three games in 7 days. Will still be around 13k though I reckon.

davhibby
08-08-2023, 12:38 PM
I don’t understand why people don’t bother with these games. If you can’t get up for the games in Europe then there’s pretty much no point in going to any league game as this is what we play for in the league each season.

Blaster
08-08-2023, 01:11 PM
I don’t understand why people don’t bother with these games. If you can’t get up for the games in Europe then there’s pretty much no point in going to any league game as this is what we play for in the league each season.

Completely agree. Folk moan about playing the same teams 4 times a season but can’t get up for a decent European tie.

And I’m on about those who can go but choose not too before folk jump on affordability etc

greenginger
08-08-2023, 01:23 PM

The wife and I were at the last round but are off on hols today so will miss the Luzern tie. My daughter and hubby were also at the Inter game but have tickets for a festival show that clashes with the Luzern game so they’ll be missing too.

That’s 4 missing from this family who would definitely have been there going to be absent.

Stuart93
08-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Unfortunately work & the wee man take up most of my time these days

We’ll be rooting for the boys from the couch unfortunately

B.H.F.C
08-08-2023, 01:30 PM
Completely agree. Folk moan about playing the same teams 4 times a season but can’t get up for a decent European tie.

And I’m on about those who can go but choose not too before folk jump on affordability etc

I’m pretty sure there will still be a decent crowd there on Thursday. It wasn’t until the day before, or even day of, the game last week that the place started to fill up. Think we’re ahead of where we were this time last week with sales in the FFL particularly.

Hibees1973
08-08-2023, 01:37 PM
Really disappointing this is live on TV now.

Will knock a fair few thousand off the gate.

Would like to know what Hibs are getting paid for the live transmission. Can't think it will be that much from the BBC.

JimBHibees
08-08-2023, 01:38 PM

Not really the intertoto. Huge game for the club. Kind of what we played all last season to get. Assume singing section in ff lower.

Since452
08-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Looks like a lot may have been tempted into buying tickets in the singing section. Definitely more sold than this time last week.

leftpeg
08-08-2023, 01:49 PM
I don’t understand why people don’t bother with these games. If you can’t get up for the games in Europe then there’s pretty much no point in going to any league game as this is what we play for in the league each season.Money....I simply can't afford it unfortunately.

Since452
08-08-2023, 01:53 PM
People will maybe be holding off in the hope we somehow beat this lot and play Aston Villa. The stadium won't be big enough for that game if we get through.

hibee-boys
08-08-2023, 02:33 PM
Looking, thus far, like a pretty low turnout for this game🙈 Appreciate that there are financial considerations, however, we moan for long enough about not qualifying for Europe but if fans are giving it a miss because they can’t be bothered it’s poor in my humble opinion🤷🏼

Hibees1973
08-08-2023, 02:35 PM
People will maybe be holding off in the hope we somehow beat this lot and play Aston Villa. The stadium won't be big enough for that game if we get through.

Maybe we can pull the stunt the Yam did.

Carry out some modifications on our stadium, delay them as much as possible and hold the game at Murrayfield.

Stuart93
08-08-2023, 02:36 PM
Guess it also comes down to the feeling towards the club/team presently

Reckon there’s still a certain amount of apathy amongst fans due to the confidence they have in the team, and potentially more so the manager.

It’s just the way it’s always been with hibs

Hibees1973
08-08-2023, 02:46 PM
Looking, thus far, like a pretty low turnout for this game🙈 Appreciate that there are financial considerations, however, we moan for long enough about not qualifying for Europe but if fans are giving it a miss because they can’t be bothered it’s poor in my humble opinion🤷🏼

It really is.

I do empathise with people who cannot afford to go. I reckon it's poor by Hibs to announce the game is live on TV after marketing tickets for sale. I understand the BBC may have decided late to televise the game live but if Hibs knew this was the case they should have reduced the ticket prices, or told the BBC to do one. I'm sure for a European game that was sold out, Hibs would have more chance of achieving a positive result.

Seems under Johnson we are unable to build up any momentum. The manner of the defeat on Sunday only added to his objectors who reckon he is not up to the task and would prefer to watch at home rather than going along.

Remember last year when the club offered half price tickets for the St Johnstone game and sold nearly 20,000. The team meekly collapsed and got beat after Magennis was stupidly sent off.

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2023, 02:54 PM
Had we won on Sunday we’d have been talking about a full house

B.H.F.C
08-08-2023, 03:07 PM

Reckon there’s still a certain amount of apathy amongst fans due to the confidence they have in the team, and potentially more so the manager.

I’m no seeing the apathy reflected in attendances. Look at Sunday for example.

People are desperate to get behind the team, the team just keep ****ing it up when they get a chance to build on that.

Still reckon there will be a decent crowd in on Thursday.

Since452
08-08-2023, 03:16 PM
Had we won on Sunday we’d have been talking about a full house

I'm not sure it would have made a huge difference.

DH1875
08-08-2023, 04:25 PM
It really is.

I do empathise with people who cannot afford to go. I reckon it's poor by Hibs to announce the game is live on TV after marketing tickets for sale. I understand the BBC may have decided late to televise the game live but if Hibs knew this was the case they should have reduced the ticket prices, or told the BBC to do one. I'm sure for a European game that was sold out, Hibs would have more chance of achieving a positive result.

Seems under Johnson we are unable to build up any momentum. The manner of the defeat on Sunday only added to his objectors who reckon he is not up to the task and would prefer to watch at home rather than going along.

Remember last year when the club offered half price tickets for the St Johnstone game and sold nearly 20,000. The team meekly collapsed and got beat after Magennis was stupidly sent off.

They've know since before our game on Sunday as that's when I found out and posted on here that it was gonna be on the TV.
As usual it was rubbished and questioned on here but hey ho.

tamig
08-08-2023, 04:37 PM

Maybe not. If it was a freezing river the piranhas would be deid shirley?

The Modfather
08-08-2023, 04:43 PM

Nothing poor about how people choose to spend their time and money. Folk should go if they want to and are able to, and don’t go if they don’t want to.

LewysGot2
08-08-2023, 04:47 PM
Nothing poor about how people choose to spend their time and money. Folk should go if they want to and are able to, and don’t go if they don’t want to.

There’s been a big outlay already this season if folk have families. Cup ties x 2 in Europe plus next weekend v Raith. We must have had a few thousand walk ups on Sunday there, too. It all adds up and there is a cost of living crisis.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 05:04 PM
Maybe not. If it was a freezing river the piranhas would be deid shirley?

Yes good point. Every chance they'd be dead, but there would still be an end to the plummeting.

Sioux
08-08-2023, 06:12 PM

Then people should stop demanding that the team must qualify for Europe, when some of those same people can't be bothered turning up.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 06:28 PM
Then people should stop demanding that the team must qualify for Europe, when some of those same people can't be bothered turning up.

Is it the same demanding people who are not turning up?

Or is it people who don't post their thoughts on Hibs.net, which is the majority of Hibs fans.

I was with 6 other Hibbies in Pioneers on Sunday. I was the only one who posted. I was very surprised because all the others donate to Hibs Supporters ltd so they're well versed in what's happening.

Also, is it not ok to want your team to be successful even if you can't see them doing so?

Not In The Know
08-08-2023, 06:34 PM

Yup, im going but dreading the worst.

Saturdays **** sow from the manager has easily knocked a couple thousand of the gate. £20-30k out the club funds...

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 06:45 PM
Yup, im going but dreading the worst.

Saturdays **** sow from the manager has easily knocked a couple thousand of the gate. £20-30k out the club funds...

If anything has reduced the attendance, it's the fact that it's on TV.

The fans'reaction to losses might be noisy and angry, but it doesn't stop them going to games unless it's continued for a sustained period.

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2023, 07:01 PM

The fans'reaction to losses might be noisy and angry, but it doesn't stop them going to games unless it's continued for a sustained period.

Fair weather fans definitely exist Radge

Ringothedog
08-08-2023, 07:06 PM

The last game being on TV did not have much impact on the crowd. We have sold about 9k already. I am expecting at least 12.5 this Thursday. We should try something novel like all attendees on Thursday will be guaranteed a ticket for the Villa game if we qualify

lyonhibs
08-08-2023, 07:17 PM

When was the last time the weather surrounding Hibs could seriously be described as "fair" though?

Anyone regularly attending over the last couple of seasons deserves a bloody medal IMO.

If some of them have decided to put their trotters up and watch this one on telly then fair ****s to them tbh.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2023, 07:30 PM

Of course, but not in the numbers suggested.

Very few will be ducking out because we lost the first league game.

I'm not going on Thursday but I've not been well recently and I probably shouldn't have made the journey up for Sunday's game.

I'm still toying with the idea of coming up on Thursday, but it wouldn't be the right decision.

Hopefully I'll get tickets for both Villa games...if, if, if...

B.H.F.C
08-08-2023, 07:49 PM
The last game being on TV did not have much impact on the crowd. We have sold about 9k already. I am expecting at least 12.5 this Thursday. We should try something novel like all attendees on Thursday will be guaranteed a ticket for the Villa game if we qualify

Think there has been a fair chunk gone today and I think that’ll pick up further tomorrow. It’s a bigger tie than last week and, despite the result at the weekend, I still think we’ll push above what we had at that.

Couldn’t tell you where we are in comparison to sales for the first leg at the same point but I’m sure it was a pretty late uptake. There’s just no urgency for folk to get a ticket until it gets closer.

Nakedmanoncrack
08-08-2023, 08:19 PM
East looks very bare, not many season ticket holder's have taken up their seats, FF Lower at least looks well filled.

Brooster
08-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Are people seriously not going because we lost to St Mirren? Takes a bit of believing that. Let's get behind the team.

ChuckNor
08-08-2023, 10:18 PM
It was really disappointing to see how many tickets have been shifted so far. I bought my tickets yesterday mistakingly believing it was on general sale. A European fixture at Easter Road against a decent side and it looks like we won’t even get the east close to full. Something is really off between the club and fans right now.

Nicho87
08-08-2023, 10:29 PM
Maybe hibs could offer a discount to the heart broken 7k fans on a waiting list at tynecastle if they’re that keen to see a game of football

B.H.F.C
08-08-2023, 10:39 PM
It was really disappointing to see how many tickets have been shifted so far. I bought my tickets yesterday mistakingly believing it was on general sale. A European fixture at Easter Road against a decent side and it looks like we won’t even get the east close to full. Something is really off between the club and fans right now.

The two home crowds so far have been good. Thursday will fill up.

Away crowds are as good as ever, we have people worrying about getting tickets for a game in Switzerland.

There is nothing ‘off’ when it comes to people attending games.

Hermit Crab
09-08-2023, 05:08 AM
I can’t go on Thursday. I need to be in Glasgow for work for half 9. I’d need to leave at HT and maybe still not make it on time. Can’t take the risk I’m afraid. I just hope we are still in with a chance of going through come FT on Thursday.

Scooter
09-08-2023, 05:52 AM
Are people seriously not going because we lost to St Mirren? Takes a bit of believing that. Let's get behind the team.

I was really looking forward to going on Thursday. I don't get to many games now due to family and money etc but after watching Sunday I don't know if I want to spend my money watching another 1st half performance like the one on sunday.

I'll probably still go but haven't bought tickets yet

Since452
09-08-2023, 05:53 AM

Is there? We had almost 14k against a part time Andorran side not to mention over 17k v St Mirren three days later. We'll have around 14k again tomorrow by kick off during a cost of living crisis.

For perspective we had 13.5k v Brondby and 14.1k v Asteris Tripolis after much, much more recent success. There's nothing off with our club and fans right now.

DIXIHIBS
09-08-2023, 06:11 AM
East looks very bare, not many season ticket holder's have taken up their seats, FF Lower at least looks well filled.

Dont forget 1k plus have moved to FF who would normally be sitting in the east. Thats about 20% of capacity.

JimBHibees
09-08-2023, 06:32 AM

Nah

JimBHibees
09-08-2023, 06:35 AM

Yep live TV on council telly will have an impact

CapitalGreen
09-08-2023, 06:40 AM
Dont forget 1k plus have moved to FF who would normally be sitting in the east. Thats about 20% of capacity.

Bad maths. 1k is about 5% of capacity.

flash
09-08-2023, 06:41 AM

Think he means 20% of the East has moved behind the goals.

Spike Mandela
09-08-2023, 06:47 AM
In the days of wall to wall European football on tv, European league coverage, and Champions league tv the arrival of a team like Lucerne FC to ER probably isn't the draw it once was. Maybe not quite as 'exotic' a novelty as it used to be.

Factor in holidays, the festival, form and cost of living then perhaps no surprise the attendance is affected, albeit disappointing.

Watch the scramble for Villa tickets should we make it though.:greengrin

Broxburn Greens
09-08-2023, 06:55 AM

I suspect the post was referring to 20% capacity of the East Stand, not the stadium overall.

DIXIHIBS
09-08-2023, 06:57 AM

We were talking about the east.

Onion
09-08-2023, 07:33 AM

Wasn't just a loss to St M. It was a 70 min ****show with a jobby on top. That might just put a few off.

HH81
09-08-2023, 07:34 AM
I reckon hibs would prefer home game on BBC and sell PPV for 2nd leg.

I reckon most wanting to watch game will go to home leg rather than sit in the house.

Stubbsy90+2
09-08-2023, 07:37 AM

So if people can’t justify going to the games they shouldn’t want us to do well?

What an absolute load of *****.

Ron D Hibbie
09-08-2023, 12:29 PM

Just been up bought 10 tickets for our lot. Surprised nobody else there.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2023, 12:32 PM
This post is NOT aimed at folk who can't afford to attend this or any other Hibs game.

It always bemuses me when folk come onto a site dedicated to a football club, a site which by its very nature exists so that people who are enthusiastic about football in general and Hibs in particular can spend their time discussing the club, to tell us all that folk simply not wanting to turn up to a particular game shouldn't be a reason to question their commitment or level of support for the club.

Turning up to support the team if you can is surely at the very core of what it means to be a supporter of a football club .... What sets football fans all over the world apart from simply being a 'customer' is that dedication to following their club. For sure some games are more attractive than others, you don't expect as good a crowd for a league cup group game against Airdrie as for a quarter final tie against Aberdeen or Motherwell ... that is to be expected and applies to practically every country where football is played, no matter how well supported a club is.

But this is a European match against decent opposition, the weather on the night is expected to be nice, the prize for getting through the tie is what for many fans has been a game we have long wanted to see, even though the price for that will almost certainly be elimination from the competition. The cost of tickets for it is hardly extortionate in terms of what Hibs charge for a normal league game.

IMO anybody who claims to be a Hibs 'fan' ( amusingly short for fanatic ) who simply doesn't want to attend this game because they can see it on the telly or because they've spit the dummy over a poor performance on Sunday would have a job proving in court that they have any real feeling for the club they claim to 'support' ... if you claim to 'support' Hibernian Football Club then do that ... SUPPORT IT.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Any dot counters out there any idea how many sold. Just looking at it I’d guess around 10k.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-08-2023, 12:37 PM
This post is NOT aimed at folk who can't afford to attend this or any other Hibs game.

It always bemuses me when folk come onto a site dedicated to a football club, a site which by its very nature exists so that people who are enthusiastic about football in general and Hibs in particular can spend their time discussing the club, to tell us all that folk simply not wanting to turn up to a particular game shouldn't be a reason to question their commitment or level of support for the club.

Turning up to support the team if you can is surely at the very core of what it means to be a supporter of a football club .... What sets football fans all over the world apart from simply being a 'customer' is that dedication to following their club. For sure some games are more attractive than others, you don't expect as good a crowd for a league cup group game against Airdrie as for a quarter final tie against Aberdeen or Motherwell ... that is to be expected and applies to practically every country where football is played, no matter how well supported a club is.

But this is a European match against decent opposition, the weather on the night is expected to be nice, the prize for getting through the tie is what for many fans has been a game we have long wanted to see, even though the price for that will almost certainly be elimination from the competition. The cost of tickets for it is hardly extortionate in terms of what Hibs charge for a normal league game.

IMO anybody who claims to be a Hibs 'fan' ( amusingly short for fanatic ) who simply doesn't want to attend this game because they can see it on the telly or because they've spit the dummy over a poor performance on Sunday would have a job proving in court that they have any real feeling for the club they claim to 'support' ... if you claim to 'support' Hibernian Football Club then do that ... SUPPORT IT.

100%👍🏻

JimBHibees
09-08-2023, 12:45 PM

Nail on the head

Real Emerald
09-08-2023, 12:46 PM

I also think it’s disappointing that FF lower has been given over to the singing section and we’re struggling to get that sold out. There’s an opportunity for people who’ve been advocating this for years to pack the whole lower tier out on a big European night and show the club that this is the way forward. It was a great effort last week against the part timers but this could very well be the last European game for a while, so packing it out would be good and a statement for change.

Nicho87
09-08-2023, 12:51 PM
Vente available for Thursday

flash
09-08-2023, 12:55 PM
Vente available for Thursday

Where you getting that mate?

See it now.

nickwhibs
09-08-2023, 12:56 PM
I also think it’s disappointing that FF lower has been given over to the singing section and we’re struggling to get that sold out. There’s an opportunity for people who’ve been advocating this for years to pack the whole lower tier out on a big European night and show the club that this is the way forward. It was a great effort last week against the part timers but this could very well be the last European game for a while, so packing it out would be good and a statement for change.

To be fair the three sections behind the goal are already sold out (the only sold out sections in the ground). I think that’s pretty good going in only the second game of the trial. The feedback after the game last week was very positive in the contribution it made to the atmosphere. If it were to become permanent then I’m sure the numbers would grow