PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section - Block 7

Since452
03-08-2023, 07:12 PM
What a noise. Fair play

SteveHFC
03-08-2023, 07:14 PM
Should be made permanent behind the goals.

mcohibs
03-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Should be made permanent behind the goals.

100%. Just do it Hibs

Keith_M
03-08-2023, 07:39 PM
***** the Tories?

:greengrin

Jones28
03-08-2023, 07:41 PM
Looks excellent on tv as well.

Jones28
03-08-2023, 07:43 PM
Who’s that warming up? 40?

Since90+2
03-08-2023, 07:50 PM
What a difference compared to how the FFL normally looks / sounds.

Get it done perm Hibs.

Vault Boy
03-08-2023, 07:54 PM
Fantastic support all round tonight. The new location certainly playing its part in that.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2023, 08:04 PM
What a difference compared to how the FFL normally looks / sounds.

Get it done perm Hibs.

This must surely now be a no-brainer. Every game they procrastinate on making this permanent is another buzzkill at the stadium.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-08-2023, 08:13 PM
Take a bow boys, fantastic support, sang more tonight than the yams did all last season 😂👌💚

Johnny Clash
03-08-2023, 08:36 PM
Looked and sounded great on tv too

Still Smiling
03-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Take a bow boys, fantastic support, sang more tonight than the yams did all last season 😂👌💚
Agreed but keep offensive songs/chants out of the set list!

Daniel 1875
03-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Looks far better and the sound could be easily heard in the East too. Long may it continue.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-08-2023, 09:05 PM
Agreed but keep offensive songs/chants out of the set list!

Such as?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillsidehibby
03-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Great atmosphere. I can just imagine it versus the Jambos. Was it my imagination but there was still singing from the East Upper?

The Spaceman
03-08-2023, 09:11 PM
That was so, so much better. Actually feels like the most hardcore in our support can actually connect with the players. Needs to become permanent.

Gmack7
03-08-2023, 09:14 PM
Such as?

Probably referring to the wallace mercer song, they were excellent apart from that great effort 👌

erin go bragh
03-08-2023, 09:23 PM
This 100% has to happen.
What a difference it makes 👋👋🇳🇬

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2023, 09:24 PM
Tremendous. Hopefully made a permanent thing.

Mikey_1875
03-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Don’t know if it’s because I normally sit at the other end of the east and can’t see them but I thought it looked brilliant tonight. Thought the songs caught on around the whole stadium a lot more than normal too.

HendoDelivered
03-08-2023, 09:34 PM
That was so, so much better. Actually feels like the most hardcore in our support can actually connect with the players. Needs to become permanent.

I think you’re correct, defo a few songs/chants started from the East from where I was anyway

Chuck Rhoades
03-08-2023, 09:34 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Lvh7Jdb/c6698620-7fa8-41ce-a6ee-ed0e3f727874.jpg (https://ibb.co/nR8JnMZ)

h1bs4life
03-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Well done the young team , was in the famous five upper so couldn’t see them but could definitely hear them.
Could hear the far end of the East as well.
Fantastic effort by all generated a great atmosphere .

Hibs3-2
03-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Looked and sounded brilliant - well done all involved! Hopefully gets confirmed soon for 24/25 season to allow that area to build and grow

JammyDoidger
03-08-2023, 09:41 PM
It's for the greater good of the team/club that these boys are in there. Should be in there Sunday too.

LaMotta
03-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Was tremendous. Anyone who claimed it wouldn't make a difference putting them there surely has to admit now how good a move it is. :flag:

hibeejeebies
03-08-2023, 09:45 PM
Exceptional from the Young Team 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Carheenlea
03-08-2023, 09:51 PM
Are the white t shirts a new uniform to replace the black ensembles?

It certainly worked and looked and sounded terrific. Feels like the natural place for the group and the transition of the FF lower isn’t something that could have happened overnight, but if the idea is site them in there for cup matches then it does give the existing residents another season to get used to the idea and let them think about whether to join them or relocate going forward.

The argument for utilising the FF lower in this manner is only going to become stronger with more examples of what we saw tonight. I’d sort of expect that by Christmas the club might get the ball rolling with proposals for ‘24/‘25 season and engage with the current ST holders as to how best to go about things so nobody is inconvenienced too much.

HendoDelivered
03-08-2023, 09:53 PM
Class tonight. Should be even better for the Luzern game!

Since90+2
03-08-2023, 09:53 PM
Will be absolutely bouncing next week.

CapitalGreen
03-08-2023, 09:54 PM
Can see it selling out next week.

Jack Hackett
03-08-2023, 09:55 PM
Stuck in the corner is limiting, not just in noise generated, but in encouraging the rest of the ground. Front and Centre is a no-brainer if you want atmosphere every game. The FF can be embarrassing when half of them don't turn up

bingo70
03-08-2023, 10:08 PM
Are the big flags necessary?

I took my laddie there tonight and he loved it, great atmosphere and he was buzzing at the end. There’s an argument brewing though cos I couldn’t see what was going on behind those big bloody flags. He’ll want to go there again for the next round but I’d quite like to see the game as well as enjoy the atmosphere.

Sure visually it looked great but for me the atmosphere is created by the singing, not big flags.

As I say, credit where it’s due, the noise created was great, I know I am being a moaning old ******* but I don’t understand how it didn’t annoy more people, are folk behind the goals no fussed about seeing the football? Is it genuinely just about the singing?

HIBS NUTS
03-08-2023, 10:12 PM
Absolutely fantastic tonight .👍🏻

Keepthefaith
03-08-2023, 10:12 PM

I took my laddie there tonight and he loved it, great atmosphere and he was buzzing at the end. There’s an argument brewing though cos I couldn’t see what was going on behind those big bloody flags. He’ll want to go there again for the next round but I’d quite like to see the game as well as enjoy the atmosphere.

Sure visually it looked great but for me the atmosphere is created by the singing, not big flags.

As I say, credit where it’s due, the noise created was great, I know I am being a moaning old ******* but I don’t understand how it didn’t annoy more people, are folk behind the goals no fussed about seeing the football? Is it genuinely just about the singing?

I was saying this to a mate of mine - noticed it with other clubs too - has taken off big style with Newcastle but you also see it with the German and Italian teams. I do think if you choose to be part of that section you kinda need to accept that your view of the game will be impacted. guess it comes down to what you see as an enjoyable experience for your money eh? I'm with you though - the flags are great at the start or after we score but I'd want them put away otherwise. probably sound old now haha!

linlithgowhibbie
03-08-2023, 10:13 PM

You can surely still go in the FF lower but move 1 section to the side so you are not behind the flags !:flag:

bingo70
03-08-2023, 10:16 PM
I was saying this to a mate of mine - noticed it with other clubs too - has taken off big style with Newcastle but you also see it with the German and Italian teams. I do think if you choose to be part of that section you kinda need to accept that your view of the game will be impacted. guess it comes down to what you see as an enjoyable experience for your money eh? I'm with you though - the flags are great at the start or after we score but I'd want them put away otherwise. probably sound old now haha!

Aye, you’re right.

I enjoyed being part of the atmosphere; singing section was good, took me back to the days when I wasn’t a boring old dinosaur so wouldn’t have minded taking him back for a bigger game.

Still want to see the fitbaw though 😂

Billy Whizz
03-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Wonder how Hibs will manage this going forward, as we must have quite a few families in this area!

bingo70
03-08-2023, 10:18 PM
You can surely still go in the FF lower but move 1 section to the side so you are not behind the flags !:flag:

The side to the left of us wasn’t as bouncing as the section we were in. Absolutely fine for me and it’ll probably be what we do next week, when I tell my laddie though he’ll no be happy 😂 (or I’ll just bite the bullet and put up with them to keep him happy, decision tbc)

GreenCastle
03-08-2023, 10:34 PM
Will be absolutely bouncing next week.

And sadly much quieter on Sunday.

The sooner Hibs just make it permanent the better Easter Road will be.

The section will grow and games like the Derby will be incredible.

Think the players probably like shooting into the vocal fans too.

The flags add colour - guess if you don’t like them sit / stand to the side or elsewhere. Plenty other spaces !

Actually really liked the all white shirts too- obviously in winter maybe different?!

BobMilne
03-08-2023, 10:41 PM
***** the Tories?

Aye

Since452
03-08-2023, 10:44 PM
It's blatantly obvious this needs to become a permanent feature now. That was fantastic tonight.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2023, 10:49 PM
A brilliant effort tonight, which got the east joining in as well at times, not just the end section but throughout the stand.

That was a game against an Andorran team with about 4 fans in the stadium and it had a better atmosphere than practically any game least season outwith the derby and the Uglies .... Anybody seriously trying to make a case against a singing section in the FF lower after tonight is having a laugh.

:flag:

tonyrougier123
03-08-2023, 10:51 PM
Class apart tonight lads,made your case. In fact the timeline should be pushed forward based on that.
I’d ask one small thing😬can you promote lyrics for some of the newer songs as I have trouble understanding the lyrics. Sorry for being a fuddy duddy. Just so I can join in 😚

Squealing pig
03-08-2023, 10:53 PM
This would make Easter road a tougher place to come if it’s a permanent thing . Beats empty seats and quietness

All for this becoming the norm

Well done everyone

Libby Hibby
03-08-2023, 10:57 PM
I see that FFL STs are not available to buy at the moment, except for the block nearest the West. No danger we’ve sold out the other sections so the club have taken the decision not to actively sell in this area. I’d say they’ll be contacting the current STs in this area to ask them to relocate.

Tonight was brilliant to witness, great spectacle and I felt because they were so vocal, it encouraged the other stands to join in.

Great stuff.

Green Man
03-08-2023, 11:01 PM
My son has been desperate to sit near the ultras, he got a taste of it at the Groningen game and I booked our usual ST seats in the FFL tonight. I had some reservations but we both loved it, it’s a long time since I’ve stood all game, took me back to my old east stand days under the TV gantry, I’ll have a sore throat in the morning :greengrin

Jack Hackett
03-08-2023, 11:04 PM
I see that FFL STs are not available to buy at the moment, except for the block nearest the West. No danger we’ve sold out the other sections so the club have taken the decision not to actively sell in this area. I’d say they’ll be contacting the current STs in this area to ask them to relocate.

Tonight was brilliant to witness, great spectacle and I felt because they were so vocal, it encouraged the other stands to join in.

Great stuff.

This was how it was with the Cave
... Though I doubt the songs we sang would be appreciated now :greengrin

O'Rourke3
03-08-2023, 11:11 PM
A brilliant effort tonight, which got the east joining in as well at times, not just the end section but throughout the stand.

That was a game against an Andorran team with about 4 fans in the stadium and it had a better atmosphere than practically any game least season outwith the derby and the Uglies .... Anybody seriously trying to make a case against a singing section in the FF lower after tonight is having a laugh.

:flag:East started a few too

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
03-08-2023, 11:31 PM

There's no doubt the flags can be irritating when they block your view, even if the flag wavers could be rotated so that everyone gets a turn of being right behind one would help. Was great atmosphere tonight though, to be honest the drinks getting thrown about after each goal (and on one occasion a box of chips?!?) were more irritating for me, but little more than minor gripes.

yonder1875
03-08-2023, 11:50 PM
Looked absolutely class tonight. I hope they are able to read this and I also hope the club can somehow see this thread to see the unanimous support for it!

CentreForward
03-08-2023, 11:53 PM
I see that Lucerne have a big Ultras group who all seem to wear similar white outfits. They took a big number to Sweden for the first leg and would be surprised if they didn’t bring at least as many to ER. Think it could be some atmosphere next week at both ends.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 12:00 AM
East started a few too

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Indeed they did, from a knot of fans where Block 7 are usually situated, which was really good and just added to the overall atmosphere :agree:

Ronniekirk
04-08-2023, 07:37 AM
I was in the end section nearest the East with my son right up the back Really good view from there ,and plenty space as Nowhere near full but could still join in with the singing
The Guy in front of us unfortunately was out for the count and threw up while still sleeping Took ages for first aid staff to get him out his seat and into the stretcher to get him out But we moved as soon as he spewed up
Lots of youngsters had to move seat Just nae need to get in that state and missed most of the game
Hope he is ok but if that section had been busy and he hadn’t been near the steps it would of been a real problem getting him help
But will be back for next round

Brooster
04-08-2023, 07:45 AM
Absolutely brilliant from B7 last night. They Absolutely have to be in there for every game.

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2023, 07:50 AM
Poor comment.

I think the point is that there are enough areas to cater for all types of ways you want to experience the game. I appreciate the atmosphere generated by the singing and flags etc but I’d rather do that from a distance and enjoy the game in relative peace and with full unobstructed viewing.

I understand that young kids want to be closer to that atmosphere, so the best idea is probably the FF upper or the wings of the lower, so they can feel closer to it, then immerse more fully, moving in, as they become unruly teens who wish to hang with their mates rather than parents.

danger1875
04-08-2023, 07:54 AM
For me, the best place for them

bod
04-08-2023, 07:59 AM
Aye

No , stick to hibs songs

Since452
04-08-2023, 08:02 AM
Almost feels a bit deflating having the FFL go back to normal on Sunday. Hopefully we can bring this forward to next season.

Frogga
04-08-2023, 08:07 AM
Well done all, was a great atmosphere throughout [emoji122]

Sent from my SM-A336B using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
04-08-2023, 08:15 AM
Big flags at my club are only flown after goals or a lull in play at my local club after a few barneys.

j'adorehibs
04-08-2023, 08:30 AM
So me and my young adult and teenager took our usual seats in row P section 19 last night which was probably about 6-7 rows behind the Block 7 group.

Atmosphere was fantastic but agree about the flags , for those a bit further back it really does hinder your view.

Perhaps as stated above they only wave at start of game and after goals, especially the larger two?

If as i suspect the move goes ahead then i'll be looking to move seats unless theres some agreement on the flags but yes after my sceptical views i do think this needs to happen permanently for next season .

Just hope hibs do right for all the familys who want to move elsewhere is all.

WestStandWillie
04-08-2023, 09:22 AM
They've absolutely got to move the singing section there. Imagine a packed out Easter Road with the atmosphere bang there.

It gets lame looking at a 50% empty FF Lower because folk can't be bothered to turn up. Looks brutal when you see it on the highlights.

04-08-2023, 09:30 AM
Class tonight, well done guys keep it up! Easter Road is fantastic when the atmosphere is like that!

Central lower FF is definitely the best place for them!

GreenGray
04-08-2023, 09:37 AM
Just make the change ASAP, why wait?

nonshinyfinish
04-08-2023, 09:41 AM

Because folk have season ticket seats in there, should be possible to sort out but Hibs can't just email them all today and say "as of Sunday you're in the West Lower".

GreenGray
04-08-2023, 09:42 AM
Because folk have season ticket seats in there, should be possible to sort out but Hibs can't just email them all today and say "as of Sunday you're in the West Lower".

Yeah, it’s just frustrating after seeing how good it looked last night we have to wait until next season.

Not sure why we didn’t do it this year.

GreenCastle
04-08-2023, 09:47 AM
It was a mistake not to change it for this season.

I was really surprised when it wasn't changed after last seasons trial runs.

I get people have sat in the section for a while but there are other seats the fans could move to.

The whole lower section should be changed next season.

This season Euro games and cup games need to continue to allow BLOCK 7 and others a chance to fill it.

Since90+2
04-08-2023, 10:03 AM
It was a mistake not to change it for this season.

I was really surprised when it wasn't changed after last seasons trial runs.

I get people have sat in the section for a while but there are other seats the fans could move to.

The whole lower section should be changed next season.

This season Euro games and cup games need to continue to allow BLOCK 7 and others a chance to fill it.

Agreed.

It was a mistake not to move ahead with it before now, we had a few dissenting voices against it which I'm not sure impacted the clubs thoughts or not, but one side of the debate has definitely been proven to be correct.

Needs done asap.

basehibby
04-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Looked and sounded fantastic - absolute no brainer to make this a permanent arrangement.

Onceinawhile
04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
So the ffl looks lame when it's 50% full on a normal game, but looks amazing when it's about 60% full for last night?

Confirmation bias massively in effect on this thread.

bod
04-08-2023, 10:17 AM
They could say when the singing section is moved to the LFF & if you want to move there then you HAVE to commit to moving & your current season ticket seat will be offered to current LFF season ticket holders before general sale.
That way your giving current occupiers 1st dibs on seats elsewhere in the stadium or whether they want to stay there or not

GreenGray
04-08-2023, 10:19 AM
So the ffl looks lame when it's 50% full on a normal game, but looks amazing when it's about 60% full for last night?

Behind the goals was full, it’s usually half empty if you’re lucky. Let’s not be silly here and pretend last night wasn’t an improvement.

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2023, 10:21 AM

60% full last night? You sure about that?

Onceinawhile
04-08-2023, 10:21 AM
60% full last night? You sure about that?

3 out of 5 sections were sold out. Minimal other tickets moved.

So say 65%?

Onceinawhile
04-08-2023, 10:23 AM
Behind the goals was full, it’s usually half empty if you’re lucky. Let’s not be silly here and pretend last night wasn’t an improvement.

Behind the goals was full, but the two end sections were nearly empty. There was maybe 200 more people in it, they were just together.

It sounded better, but I'm not convinced it looked any better tbh.

Blaster
04-08-2023, 10:23 AM
They could say when the singing section is moved to the LFF & if you want to move there then you HAVE to commit to moving & your current season ticket seat will be offered to current LFF season ticket holders before general sale.
That way your giving current occupiers 1st dibs on seats elsewhere in the stadium or whether they want to stay there or not

Be interesting to know how many in the FFL last night were existing season ticket holders elsewhere in the stadium. It did look great and definitely the way to go but need some kind of commitment season ticket wise before it gets changed

Just Alf
04-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Definitely looked and sounded livelier than normal :agree:

Keith_M
04-08-2023, 10:28 AM

The atmosphere was really good but let's not exaggerate, it wasn't 'full'.

Whatever decision the club take, they'll still need to take into account the 1,500 or so season ticket holders currently in the FFL, so it's only fair they're not rushing into a decision.

If there is regular demand for 60%+ in that area as a singing section then I'd be all in favour, as long as we can work out something suitable for the people that currently enjoy having a dedicated family section.

It's important to consider both sides.

Bristolhibby
04-08-2023, 10:31 AM

I know right? We’ve been talking about this for years. I’m sure it can be done quickly.

The writing is on the wall. This should not be just for cup games.

J

Bristolhibby
04-08-2023, 10:32 AM
The atmosphere was really good but let's not exaggerate, it wasn't 'full'.

Whatever decision the club take, they'll still need to take into account the 1,500 or so season ticket holders currently in the FFL, so it's only fair they're not rushing into a decision.

If there is regular demand for 60%+ in that area as a singing section then I'd be all in favour, as long as we can work out something suitable for the people that currently enjoy having a dedicated family section.

It's important to consider both sides.

Can we not just move the family section to block 7 in the East? Charge the same, Chuck in a free voucher for the shop. Jobs a good un.

J

Bristolhibby
04-08-2023, 10:33 AM

No, that can be true. 50% sitting on their hands or 60% on their feet singing with drums and flags.

J

Since452
04-08-2023, 10:51 AM

Id have said it was around 80% full last night

Hibs3-2
04-08-2023, 10:54 AM
No, that can be true. 50% sitting on their hands or 60% on their feet singing with drums and flags.

J

Hypothetically yes but not idea when the old firm/hearts are in town

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Hypothetically yes but not idea when the old firm/hearts are in town

What do you mean?

Hibs3-2
04-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Can we not just move the family section to block 7 in the East? Charge the same, Chuck in a free voucher for the shop. Jobs a good un.

J

Sorry i meant to reply to this one

Hypothetically yes not not idea when old firm/hearts are in town

Squealing pig
04-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Place will sell more and more tickets if they keep
It up

DIXIHIBS
04-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Behind the goals was full, but the two end sections were nearly empty. There was maybe 200 more people in it, they were just together.

It sounded better, but I'm not convinced it looked any better tbh.

Not convinced it looked any better??. 1000 plus young team bouncing around with flags doesnt look any better than the usual 500 just sitting there. Stupid comment.

Trinity Hibee
04-08-2023, 11:00 AM
Have to agree. Was audible on TV and would just provide a much better atmosphere to have this behind the goals.

Understand people have sat in FF lower for a while but things change and there is a perfectly justifiable reason for it. Some folk I know were moved out of the FF a few years ago due to some lift or something meant to be getting brought in and I don’t think it ever happened so they gave up their seat for nothing.

There are plenty seats to move people to and tbh they’d probably get a better view elsewhere too.

The Tubs
04-08-2023, 11:00 AM
It seemed a million times better from what I saw on Hibs TV

When the stand was built, it made sense to have a family section. Almost 30 years later, it really doesn't as the whole stadium is now for families. I'd definitely go in there every game if I lived in Scotland.

Not In The Know
04-08-2023, 11:01 AM
It absolutely looked better.

we can have 14-15000 at game and the random empty patches that are always behind the goals go along way fuelling the guff spouted from attendance FC

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 11:03 AM

Its all about perceptions ... I for one would rather see a 60% full FF lower like it was last night than how it is during a normal league game, compared to that it was 'amazing' After what nobody can deny was a massively successful experiment last night I would say the odds on the FF lower becoming ever more popular and the numbers in it growing to fill it are more than good.

Last season I sat in the west upper directly opposite Block 7 ... Last night I decided to forgo what will be my normal seat in the FF upper for this season and sat in the middle of the East because I wanted to see what difference putting Block 7 in the FF lower would make. That difference was absolutely night and day compared to what I saw and heard last season.
As I had always suspected because they were so visible and the noise they made transferred more easily to the rest of the stadium fans in the other stands joined in with some of the chants, certainly folk around me did. It contributed to an excellent atmosphere in a game where the opposition barely had a fan in the stadium.

It would be massively unfair for anybody to say that because the FF lower wasn't bursting at the seams last night it's an indication that having a singing section there won't work to the extent folk who were in favour of it had hoped. Last night was a brilliant start to what will be a process and on the back of it Block 7 and whatever ultras groups might be formed ( some clubs have more than one ) have a whole season to get organised and ensure they gather enough like minded folk together to ensure it is filled next season.

I loved it :thumbsup:

PS ..... Well done to the guys and girls last night for having the nous to forgo flares and smoke bombs, that didn;t do their cause any harm either. :aok:

bod
04-08-2023, 11:04 AM
is it the same for the raith game ?

Waxy
04-08-2023, 11:06 AM
Surely the ticket holder in the lower FF have to see this is a no brainer.
I’d offer them family section prices almost anywhere in the groud as an incentive.

Nicho87
04-08-2023, 11:12 AM
Hibs should be fast tracking this to implement it as soon as possible

That game was the trial and it worked wonderfully

Well done all involved

What a difference

BoomtownHibees
04-08-2023, 11:16 AM
is it the same for the raith game ?

No. FF isn’t open for that game

Hibbyradge
04-08-2023, 11:18 AM
Hibs should be fast tracking this to implement it as soon as possible

That game was the trial and it worked wonderfully

Well done all involved

What a difference

It can't be fast tracked. People have paid for season tickets in that stand and they, rightly, have priority. Forcing them out would be wrong and utterly disrespectful, and would likely lead to people asking for refunds.

Finding suitable, and agreed, arrangements for them first is the priority.

I expect there will be a couple more "trials" and if the young team can continue to behave themselves, it could be implemented next season.

StevesFamau5
04-08-2023, 11:20 AM

J

I remember being in the FFL for the Tripolis game and missing the first few minutes properly because a lassie and her 4 kids turned up late and she proceeded to have a convo with a guy 3 rows back. I asked her to sit so I could see the game properly and she started going off at me claiming it was "her seats and she'll do what she wants", some baldy fat guy then proceeded to yell at me as well. That was scattered seating and while it was good to see it from a different angle on TV it looks crap. Sorry to the FFL folks who don't want change but seeing a group of lads and lassies singing Hibs songs and in unison with similar shirts on was far better to see.

Majority of ultra/supporters groups are behind a goal for a reason, it is either to belt out songs and create an atmosphere if you're facing 3 stands and the game comes your way, it doesn't work on pitch side stands.

Apart from the Mercer song, last night is exactly what ER should be like. Imagine a full ER v der Hun, Lesser Greens and Yams with our lads using the platform to drown out the bile from the other lot. Would be so much better.

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2023, 11:20 AM
I’d offer them family section prices almost anywhere in the groud as an incentive.

Indeed. The attraction of the FF lower is the price for a lot of the folk who go there with the kids, the silver sections in the east and west have a just as good, if not better, view of the pitch than the FF lower does.

Before anybody mentions it, the idea that a dedicated family section would insulate sensitive little ears from foul language and folk going spare at the players just doesn't stand up to my experience of sitting there for nearly 3 decades :greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
04-08-2023, 12:03 PM

It’s not confirmation bias, we all saw the difference last night. A bit of colour and atmosphere behind the goals made a huge difference, whether it was that much fuller or not.

Sprouleflyer
04-08-2023, 12:10 PM
The lad banging the drum, never stopped all game. He must have arms like Popeye after the spinach :greengrin

Was a great atmosphere last night and the board should be seriously thinking of making this permanent for next season.

LaMotta
04-08-2023, 12:51 PM
The lad banging the drum, never stopped all game. He must have arms like Popeye after the spinach :greengrin

Was a great atmosphere last night and the board should be seriously thinking of making this permanent for next season.

Looked like 2 seperate drums and 2 drummers. Brilliantl coordination if so, they must put in a fair bit of practice:greengrin

Brightside
04-08-2023, 01:17 PM
Its a no brainer. Is the FF ever 50% full for normal games? Its looks more more sparse than that to my eyes.

Mick O'Rourke
04-08-2023, 04:07 PM
This was how it was with the Cave
... Though I doubt the songs we sang would be appreciated now :greengrin

Mibees aye ,mibees naw :dunno:
Although am no sure there are many Merry Ploughboys among the young support these days .:greengrin
Those were the days in The Cave.
No daft marching powder required then.
Just a couple o' cans of export and a half bottle of four crown :aok:
Getintaerum !

Malthibby
04-08-2023, 06:18 PM
It’s not confirmation bias, we all saw the difference last night. A bit of colour and atmosphere behind the goals made a huge difference, whether it was that much fuller or not.

What he said - they lifted the entire stadium & kept it up for almost the entire match, even when some of us were drifting towards the end.
Just moved to the West (lower) from the East btw, may have been a mistake 'cos it was like a morgue, goal celebrations apart.
More power to the Singing Section, until other sections learn to at least breath loudly.
GG

JamesHFC
04-08-2023, 06:22 PM
It would be a strange decision to not move them there at the nearest opportunity. Great effort from all.

Hibby Bairn
04-08-2023, 06:26 PM

They should make it permanent now.

Since452
04-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Imagine that against Hearts or Rangers

Since90+2
04-08-2023, 07:13 PM
What he said - they lifted the entire stadium & kept it up for almost the entire match, even when some of us were drifting towards the end.
Just moved to the West (lower) from the East btw, may have been a mistake 'cos it was like a morgue, goal celebrations apart.
More power to the Singing Section, until other sections learn to at least breath loudly.
GG

West has always been very quiet compared to the East.

I'm surprised you weren't aware of that before moving.

Lancs Harp
04-08-2023, 07:14 PM

Those kids in the lower FF will be in the singing section in a few years time anyway :). They wont thank their parents for wanting to keep a family section then :)
Its a dated concept, hardly any Clubs In England for instance have one. How many in the rest of Scotland do?

Glory Lurker
04-08-2023, 07:17 PM
How many STs are there in the FFL?

ErinGoBraghHFC
04-08-2023, 07:25 PM

No idea but the question I would ask is, how many of those STs are used more than 50% of the season?

Glory Lurker
04-08-2023, 07:28 PM
No idea but the question I would ask is, how many of those STs are used more than 50% of the season?

No, that's not the question. How many tickets are potentially going to have to be redistributed to the other stands?

ErinGoBraghHFC
04-08-2023, 07:49 PM
No, that's not the question. How many tickets are potentially going to have to be redistributed to the other stands?

It may not be THE question but it’s my question, always looks pretty much empty. I take your point though, obviously all season tickets would have to be offered to relocate so we’d have to make sure we have enough room for them

Up-the-slope
04-08-2023, 07:51 PM
Its all about perceptions ... I for one would rather see a 60% full FF lower like it was last night than how it is during a normal league game, compared to that it was 'amazing' After what nobody can deny was a massively successful experiment last night I would say the odds on the FF lower becoming ever more popular and the numbers in it growing to fill it are more than good.

Last season I sat in the west upper directly opposite Block 7 ... Last night I decided to forgo what will be my normal seat in the FF upper for this season and sat in the middle of the East because I wanted to see what difference putting Block 7 in the FF lower would make. That difference was absolutely night and day compared to what I saw and heard last season.
As I had always suspected because they were so visible and the noise they made transferred more easily to the rest of the stadium fans in the other stands joined in with some of the chants, certainly folk around me did. It contributed to an excellent atmosphere in a game where the opposition barely had a fan in the stadium.

It would be massively unfair for anybody to say that because the FF lower wasn't bursting at the seams last night it's an indication that having a singing section there won't work to the extent folk who were in favour of it had hoped. Last night was a brilliant start to what will be a process and on the back of it Block 7 and whatever ultras groups might be formed ( some clubs have more than one ) have a whole season to get organised and ensure they gather enough like minded folk together to ensure it is filled next season.

I loved it :thumbsup:

PS ..... Well done to the guys and girls last night for having the nous to forgo flares and smoke bombs, that didn;t do their cause any harm either. :aok:

:agree: glad someone mentioned and it shows that they can self 'police' if they choose which is great so that it grows positively and does not loose traction because of negativity..

I would go further - I would aim for Rail seating / safe standing in FF lower for 24 / 25... Perhaps do what Newcastle did a decade or so ago and sell multi year tickets to underwrite this (multiyear commitment to ST there - think Newcastles were 10 year?)

Up-the-slope
04-08-2023, 08:05 PM
I am probably going to regret posting this......:rolleyes:

The FF Family section WAS a great idea (I had my girls in there when they still needed nappies changing :greengrin). However a certain significant proportion of those who bought tickets (at one point it was £29 for Kibs kid ST) did so knowing that only 3 games covered the cost and so no commitment to regular attendance needed... as Adult ticket was cheaper, then some bought kids seat just to have more space / (as total same at adult ST elsewhere) with no intention of kid attending. There were then those who bought a kids ST as when it was a CAT A game you could swap the kids ST seat for an adult ticket for a modest fee... all these things contributed to the section deviating from original concept.

Of course there are long time committed family groups who have been there sometime and they need considered and well looked after as things develop - but like me most who started out there have had their kids grow up and so there wont be any kids from original years left...

DH1875
04-08-2023, 08:32 PM
I am probably going to regret posting this......:rolleyes:

The FF Family section WAS a great idea (I had my girls in there when they still needed nappies changing :greengrin). However a certain significant proportion of those who bought tickets (at one point it was £29 for Kibs kid ST) did so knowing that only 3 games covered the cost and so no commitment to regular attendance needed... as Adult ticket was cheaper, then some bought kids seat just to have more space / (as total same at adult ST elsewhere) with no intention of kid attending. There were then those who bought a kids ST as when it was a CAT A game you could swap the kids ST seat for an adult ticket for a modest fee... all these things contributed to the section deviating from original concept.

Of course there are long time committed family groups who have been there sometime and they need considered and well looked after as things develop - but like me most who started out there have had their kids grow up and so there wont be any kids from original years left...

A kids ST also guaranteed you an adult ticket for cup finals.

Up-the-slope
04-08-2023, 08:39 PM

:agree:

Bristolhibby
04-08-2023, 08:47 PM

It did indeed. You used to not even need to have an adult ST with the kids in that section.

J

Glory Lurker
04-08-2023, 09:53 PM
Let's face it, anyone with an FFL seaso should be tarred and feathered and rammed wherever there's space, even if it's not a seat they would choose, given the choice.

ErinGoBraghHFC
04-08-2023, 09:55 PM
Let's face it, anyone with an FFL seaso should be tarred and feathered and rammed wherever there's space, even if it's not a seat they would choose, given the choice.

Glad you agree

GreenCastle
05-08-2023, 08:10 AM

Maybe similar number to those who attended midweek?

At the end of the day we should all want what’s best for the team and stadium / atmosphere and it’s a no brainer for next season.

Should have been done for this season (if not before) but they have made a mistake and not implemented the change.

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Would like to hear from the FF ST holders themselves As to how they feel about this. Easy for others to dismiss them being moved without a care and say it’s for the best. ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and should be treated as such and not just regarded as an inconvenience due to their location.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 10:47 AM
Late to this, but well done everyone behind that goal on Thursday, what a difference you made to the atmosphere. :top marks

Get it done Hibs, there is a solution for this if you work with the season ticket holders. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2023, 11:19 AM
Would like to hear from the FF ST holders themselves As to how they feel about this. Easy for others to dismiss them being moved without a care and say it’s for the best. ST holders are the lifeblood of the club and should be treated as such and not just regarded as an inconvenience due to their location.

Fair enough comment. Mind you, after sitting in the FF lower since the stand was built the Hibees didn't think too hard about punting me and the two other adults in our group once the FF lower age kids dried up. I wasn't that bothered because I had always wanted to sit in the FF upper anyway, but it was just as well because no consideration whatsoever was given to the fact we had sat there for about 25 years or whatever it was.

IMO this is definitely a 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few' situation. What sort of an atmosphere can be created in this stadium was made clear for all to see on Thursday night and for me at least it improved the experience 100%. Football stadiums should be vibrant noisy places. Having Block 7 in the corner of the east has done little to foster that, having them and anybody who wants to join in the FF lower clearly will if Thursday is anything to go by.

For far too long football clubs, including this one, have paid little attention to what benefits a good atmosphere and fans with a good reputation for creating it can bring. If you are a kid who is open to being influenced as to what club to choose who are you going to pick the one with fans sitting on their hands, or the one with a colourful and noisy support? That's why it's important to have our ultras visible on the telly as well as inside the stadium.

If they have a feeling for the club and wan't to see Easter Road become the experience for fans it could be giving up a seat in the FF lower for a seat elsewhere in the stadium that will probably have a better view anyway isn't a huge sacrifice to make IMO.

As a Liverpool fan I'm surely preaching to the choir when it comes to you Scouse :greengrin

Since90+2
05-08-2023, 11:33 AM

It might sound harsh, and it probably is, but ultimately if it's for the good of the club by way of a much better atmosphere, then we can't let the thoughts of a small percentage of season ticket holders hold that up.

If it's good for the club, and it undoubtedly is, then it should be done IMO

Mick O'Rourke
05-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Well done Block7/Albion Ultras .:thumbsup:
Lets hope some time soon the whole FF is singing and dancing like the Dunbar End is when the neighbours and Glesca mob are here.
It is like having an "extra man".It needs to happen !!!

The Tornadoes loved a full and noisy Cave !
:singing:"Opponents lose all hope
when we get them down the slope!":singing:

:rockin::partyhibb:partyhibb:flag:

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 11:53 AM
Is the way to fix it that everybody shares the effort to make this happen? How about, at renewal time next year, nobody in the stadium automatically gets the seat they had this season and it's all up for grabs?

hibee-boys
05-08-2023, 11:55 AM
Great effort by Block 7 and well done on resisting the temptation to use smoke bombs and flares👏

HIBS NUTS
05-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Is the way to fix it that everybody shares the effort to make this happen? How about, at renewal time next year, nobody in the stadium automatically gets the seat they had this season and it's all up for grabs?

Probably the worst idea, i’ve ever seen on here.
So family and friends that have sat decades, and through generations, in the same seats, their seats are up for grabs, next season. 😞

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 12:06 PM
Is the way to fix it that everybody shares the effort to make this happen? How about, at renewal time next year, nobody in the stadium automatically gets the seat they had this season and it's all up for grabs?Oh dear that beer must be strong stuff 🤣 most stupid idea Ive heard in a long time and too many reasons to even bother to post 🤣

Since452
05-08-2023, 12:07 PM

Sounds harsh but does it really matter how they feel about it? We're not asking them to move mid season after they've paid their money. If they are up in arms should that stop the club being progressive and trying to improve the atmosphere? We now have a fantastic stadium where there is a great view of the pitch from every section. They don't own the seats, they effectively rent them for the season. No reason we couldn't start this from next season. The ST holders in there could be given first dibs on seats elsewhere.

davhibby
05-08-2023, 12:07 PM

The reality is though that nobody should be staying in the FFL forever as there will come a time when their children/grandchildren grow up and they can’t keep their ST’s where they are anyway.

They should be given decent options and possibly even a discount on the pricier seat categories for next season but I don’t think they can really have a moan about having to move since that would happen to them in the future regardless

Mick O'Rourke
05-08-2023, 12:09 PM
Great effort by Block 7 and well done on resisting the temptation to use smoke bombs and flares��

Yes, that would have not gone unnoticed by the board the other night.
If they want to be colourful and noisy then balloons,paper hats and trumpets sounds good :greengrin
Be unlike other fan groups:agree:
Bin the smoke stuff :thumbsup:
And the white vests/tops were good :greengrin

Knights in White Satin !!

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 12:09 PM
Oh dear that beer must be strong stuff 🤣 most stupid idea Ive heard in a long time and too many reasons to even bother to post 🤣

No beer, and I'd really like to hear those reasons.

Blaster
05-08-2023, 12:10 PM
Sounds harsh but does it really matter how they feel about it? If they are up in arms should that stop the club being progressive and trying to improve the atmosphere? We now have a fantastic stadium where there is a great view of the pitch from every section. They don't own the seats, they effectively rent them for the season. No reason we couldn't start this from next season. The ST holders in there could be given first dibs on seats elsewhere.

Great attitude towards fellow Hibs fans who have purchased season tickets.

I agree the move should happen and as quick as is possible but no need for the disrespectful posts towards those already there

Since452
05-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Great attitude towards fellow Hibs fans who have purchased season tickets.

I agree the move should happen and as quick as is possible but no need for the disrespectful posts towards those already there

There's nothing disrespectful about it. They dont own the seats. They've paid for them for a season like everyone else so should have them for the season. What happens next season is different.

GordonHFC
05-08-2023, 12:25 PM
***** the Tories?

Is it not ****** the Gorgie that they sing?

Ronniekirk
05-08-2023, 12:38 PM
Probably the worst idea, i’ve ever seen on here.
So family and friends that have sat decades, and through generations, in the same seats, their seats are up for grabs, next season. 😞
It was trial on Thursday night I went there with my son but furthest section away from where the bulk of fans were Thoroughly enjoyed it
It’s clear from this trial and the youth games last season that this is the best place to locate a large singing section and standing area
Am sure if you ask the players snd backroom staff they would agree It spurs on the players
Those in the Club reviewing the Trial will come to the same conclusion
So it will happen at some point I assume after consultation with those impacted

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 12:45 PM
No beer, and I'd really like to hear those reasons.Use your common sense, groups of friends and families etc etc have probably sat in the same seats for many years and when renewing for those same seats it would be relatively straight forward. Going by your bonkers plan it would most likely be a bit of a mare trying to renew, does that make sense ?

We specifically chose our seats for this season as a group, wasnt as straight forward as we had hoped but we got there in the end, how would your plan work in those situations ?

bingo70
05-08-2023, 12:51 PM

I disagree.

Even if the ST holders want to remain in the FF lower then for want of a better word, tuff, you can’t always get what you want.

They’ll soon get over it if they’re not happy, FWIW I’d offer them a small discount off their season ticket prices should they choose to move as a gesture of goodwill for their inconvenience.

HIBS NUTS
05-08-2023, 12:54 PM
It was trial on Thursday night I went there with my son but furthest section away from where the bulk of fans were Thoroughly enjoyed it
It’s clear from this trial and the youth games last season that this is the best place to locate a large singing section and standing area
Am sure if you ask the players snd backroom staff they would agree It spurs on the players
Those in the Club reviewing the Trial will come to the same conclusion
So it will happen at some point I assume after consultation with those impacted
The poster wants the whole STADIUM to give up their session ticket, Every seat, and start again.
NOT THE SINGING section, area.
Do you think this is a good idea.

Blaster
05-08-2023, 12:57 PM
I disagree.

Even if the ST holders want to remain in the FF lower then for want of a better word, tuff, you can’t always get what you want.

They’ll soon get over it if they’re not happy, FWIW I’d offer them a small discount off their season ticket prices should they choose to move as a gesture of goodwill for their inconvenience.

I don’t think they’ll need any discounts etc. I have 3 family members who sit there and they know it’s coming. The tricky but is where to. My mum is one of the 3 but is now in her 70s and the upper was a struggle for her on Thursday

I expect they will move to the end section of the East closest to the FF if the can get something around half way up. At least the view is decent there. The equivalent in the West is another option but the view isn’t as good

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 12:59 PM
I disagree.

They’ll soon get over it if they’re not happy, FWIW I’d offer them a small discount off their season ticket prices should they choose to move as a gesture of goodwill for their inconvenience.Tuff ? What a ****ty attitude to have towards fellow supporters, who by and right are just as important as the singing section

I hope those who do have season tickets in the FF lower are treated fairly by the club and not just punted like those in the upper FF were

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 01:00 PM
Use your common sense, groups of friends and families etc etc have probably sat in the same seats for many years and when renewing for those same seats it would be relatively straight forward. Going by your bonkers plan it would most likely be a bit of a mare trying to renew, does that make sense ?

We specifically chose our seats for this season as a group, wasnt as straight forward as we had hoped but we got there in the end, how would your plan work in those situations ?

Is that not exactly what FFL folk will have to deal with? What makes it less alright for folk elsewhere?

As has been said, nobody owns their seats, only paid for them for a season.

DH1875
05-08-2023, 01:02 PM
The reality is though that nobody should be staying in the FFL forever as there will come a time when their children/grandchildren grow up and they can’t keep their ST’s where they are anyway.

They should be given decent options and possibly even a discount on the pricier seat categories for next season but I don’t think they can really have a moan about having to move since that would happen to them in the future regardless

This. There can't be many who have been in there since it opened.

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 01:03 PM
Is that not exactly what FFL folk will have to deal with? What makes it less alright for folk elsewhere?

As has been said, nobody owns their seats, only paid for them for a season.Read what you posted, you are not talking about one section, you are talking about a free for all for season ticket holders in 3 stands, near 12,000 🤣

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Read what you posted, you are not talking about one section, you are talking about a free for all for season ticket holders in 3 stands, near 12,000 🤣

But it would be consistent and fair. FFL STs have selected their seats because they suit them. Why should they have to make do with the scraps that are left over elsewhere? Why should they be second class ST holders?

Is everyone moving to the FFL an ST holder? If not then it's not as if it's a straight redistribution of numbers around the ground.

HIBS NUTS
05-08-2023, 01:12 PM

SO THE WHOLE STADIUM, next year, has to start again, with season tickets.
because they don’t own their seats. 😄

Just to make this clear.

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 01:16 PM
But it would be consistent and fair. FFL STs have selected their seats because they suit them. Why should they have to make do with the scraps that are left over elsewhere? Why should they be second class ST holders?

Is everyone moving to the FFL an ST holder? If not then it's not as if it's a straight redistribution of numbers around the ground.Im going to bow out of this now because my ribs cant take anymore, book yourself a slot at the fringe mate, guaranteed sell outs 😃

Anyway have a good weekend mate whatever your plans 👍

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2023, 01:17 PM
https://youtu.be/7LYyUFV9xIs

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 01:19 PM
SO THE WHOLE STADIUM, next year, has to start again, with season tickets.
because they don’t own their seats. 😄

Just to make this clear.

So ST holders in the FFL are secondary to ST holders elsewhere?

Just to make this clear.

If that's how it is then just say it.

bingo70
05-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Tuff ? What a ****ty attitude to have towards fellow supporters, who by and right are just as important as the singing section

I hope those who do have season tickets in the FF lower are treated fairly by the club and not just punted like those in the upper FF were

It’s more my thoughts on people who get all uppity when they don’t get their own way. If the club decide the right thing to do is to move the singing section there then that’s just what should happen.

If the club decide the best thing to do is relocate the family section to where I sit then I wouldn’t be demanding meetings or consultation, it’s no my stand, I’d just suck it up and move somewhere else. It’s no that big a deal. I do recognise that people feel different to me on that though, that’s why I suggested a small discount or something would be fair compensation for their inconvenience.

FWIW I would move the family section to the West lower, FF end, where the old enclosure used to be in the old main stand, I’d also offer family prices all over the stadium though so there’s not a need for everyone to go to that section.

HIBS NUTS
05-08-2023, 01:20 PM
Im going to bow out of this now because my ribs cant take anymore, book yourself a slot at the fringe mate, guaranteed sell outs 😃

Anyway have a good weekend mate whatever your plans 👍

I’m off as well.
I Think we should just not have any season tickets at all, because we don’t actually own the seats. 😄

Pretty Boy
05-08-2023, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Hibs will have plans in place for this and will handle it more sensitively than some on here clearly would😅

It may be the case fans only 'rent' their seat for a season at a time but that has always come with an exclusive retention period. If that changes then there has to be a plan to mitigate any potential upset. Very few businesses view telling their customers to like it or lump it as a solid strategy. The fact that this wasn't rushed through for this season suggests Hibs realise there is a degree of sensitivity required.

I think we'll see all cup games and European games as extended trials this season with an announcement of plans for next season made early next year. I think people would be surprised how few groups of free seats there are at ER; I was moved when the singing section initially moved to Block 25 in the FF and getting 4 decent seats together was a bit of a challenge. We have a lot more ST holders now which will be considered. It's doable and if it makes business sense then Hibs will press ahead with it but it will have to be handled carefully as over 1000 customers will be impacted, some of them may view that as a negative.

Mick O'Rourke
05-08-2023, 01:25 PM
Read what you posted, you are not talking about one section, you are talking about a free for all for season ticket holders in 3 stands, near 12,000 ��

Yes !! and this is how the club plan to do it
First come, first served.
Take no prisoners:greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxaJY8UZxn4&t=45s

Since452
05-08-2023, 01:29 PM
https://youtu.be/7LYyUFV9xIs

Fantastic

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 01:33 PM
It’s more my thoughts on people who get all uppity when they don’t get their own way. If the club decide the right thing to do is to move the singing section there then that’s just what should happen.

If the club decide the best thing to do is relocate the family section to where I sit then I wouldn’t be demanding meetings or consultation, it’s no my stand, I’d just suck it up and move somewhere else. It’s no that big a deal. I do recognise that people feel different to me on that though, that’s why I suggested a small discount or something would be fair compensation for their inconvenience.

FWIW I would move the family section to the West lower, FF end, where the old enclosure used to be in the old main stand, I’d also offer family prices all over the stadium though so there’s not a need for everyone to go to that section.Bingo I actually thought the atmosphere was good on Thursday night and I certainly think the move for that game worked out well, plus the added bonus of zero flares or objects being thrown onto the pitch

However the other argument would be displacing (can we call it that) hibs fans from a section they have chosen to sit in, some for a long time for a group of fans who have already moved and displaced fans, many of whom have also been season tickets in their section for a long time

On here there seems to be a “**** them and move them” attitude towards those in the lower FF, thankfully they are a tiny minority and dont speak for the wider support

If it comes to fruition next season then I hope those displaced are consulted with by the club. My other concern would be if we are having a **** season and playing Ross County on a pishy night and the FF lower has around 50 soggy singers in it, that would look brutal on telly, all those empty seats, de ja vu

Mick O'Rourke
05-08-2023, 01:54 PM
How many seats across FFL are currently not used by ST holders ?
Offer those seats to Block 7,if they want to change area now, rather than wait till next year or whenever.

Jones28
05-08-2023, 02:05 PM
I think offering those in the FFL first choice of any remaining seats in the stadium after renewals are taken up is a fair enough compromise. Maybe even offer those that do move a hospitality day over the course of the season as a thank you for moving.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:16 PM
There's nothing disrespectful about it. They dont own the seats. They've paid for them for a season like everyone else so should have them for the season. What happens next season is different.

It really couldn't be any more disrespectful.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:23 PM

You're saying that Hibs should inconvenience everyone in order to accommodate a small percentage. That would be some PR exercise by the board.

It's an utterly daft idea, but it looks like you're sticking with it so I won't get into a debate about it.

I'm relieved to know, however, that there's less than zero chance of it happening.

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 02:24 PM

Do you have a season ticket ?

If so would you mind if I just take over your seat for a couple of games and tell you to **** off and grab another seat, you dont own it after all ?

Since452
05-08-2023, 02:26 PM
Do you have a season ticket ?

If so would you mind if I just take over your seat for a couple of games and tell you to **** off and grab another seat, you dont own it after all ?

You're completely missing the point. It wouldn't be my seat next season. Nobody can, or should be moved this season because they've paid their money to sit there for the season. I dont own my seat so if the club told me "my" seat wasn't available next season I would move. No problem. It's a season ticket not a five seasons ticket or lifetime ticket.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:28 PM

FWIW I would move the family section to the West lower, FF end, where the old enclosure used to be in the old main stand, I’d also offer family prices all over the stadium though so there’s not a need for everyone to go to that section.

Then you'd have to piss off all the folk in there who have had STs for years. It's not a simple solution and I would definitely be having some sort of consultation before changing anything.

People can be very quick to perceive a slight and the last thing we need to do is to lose supporters, and in the case of the Family Section, possibly generations of supporters.

CapitalGreen
05-08-2023, 02:34 PM
I think offering those in the FFL first choice of any remaining seats in the stadium after renewals are taken up is a fair enough compromise. Maybe even offer those that do move a hospitality day over the course of the season as a thank you for moving.

A hospitality day because the stadium is being reorganised!? Jeezy peeps

Stadium reorganisations happen regularly, this isn’t an event unique to our club. As long as it’s done during the post season and fans are given the priority to choose new seats from those available.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:38 PM
You're completely missing the point. It wouldn't be my seat next season. Nobody can, or should be moved this season because they've paid their money to sit there for the season. I dont own my seat so if the club told me "my" seat wasn't available next season I would move. No problem. It's a season ticket not a five seasons ticket or lifetime ticket.

I'm sure you'd be delighted to be told to move just because someone else fancied sitting there instead.

Mind you, with the stories about Block 7 guys bullying folk out of their seats at away games, then it's no surprise that this is the solution being proposed.

For as long as I can remember, there's been an accepted system which allows ST holders to buy the same seat. Unilaterally taking that opportunity away would be a shocking thing to do.

Since452
05-08-2023, 02:43 PM
I'm sure you'd be delighted to be told to move just because someone else fancied sitting there instead.

Mind you, with the stories about Block 7 guys bullying folk out of their seats at away games, then it's no surprise that this is the solution being proposed.

For as long as I can remember, there's been an accepted system which allows ST holders to buy the same seat. Unilaterally taking that opportunity away would be a shocking thing to do.

If I'm told to move at the end of the season then fair enough. I've had a season out of my season ticket. I understand people have traditionally sat in sections for years but at the end of the day they'd still be in the same stadium watching the same team in a brilliant stadium with an abundance of choice. Sometimes things need to change for the better. They should, imo, get priority choice after renewals.

Glory Lurker
05-08-2023, 02:44 PM
You're saying that Hibs should inconvenience everyone in order to accommodate a small percentage. That would be some PR exercise by the board.

It's an utterly daft idea, but it looks like you're sticking with it so I won't get into a debate about it.

I'm relieved to know, however, that there's less than zero chance of it happening.

I posed it as a question based on the logic of it, which is that anything else disadvantages FFL ST holders unfairly. I'm just looking for someone to address that logic. Bottom line is that if a free-for-all doesn't happen, and I agree it's unlikely, then the arrangements that are made for FFL ST holders will need to be more than "pick from the seats nobody else thinks is good enough to have chosen".

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 02:46 PM

No Im not, nobody owns the seats, correct. Your view is to support the singing section and those occupying those seats should be moved as you say they dont own the seats, do you not consider the inconvenience ? My point is that you dont, so if I decide to just take over your seat for the season and just tell you to **** off and sit somewhere else then I would suggest you would feel inconvenienced and rightly pissed off, but you would give me your “borrowed” seat though wouldnt you ? Bearing in mind you chose that seat in that particular stand, it was your choice, you werent just told sit your arse there were you ?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:52 PM
If I'm told to move at the end of the season then fair enough. I've had a season out of my season ticket. I understand people have traditionally sat in sections for years but at the end of the day they'd still be in the same stadium watching the same team in a brilliant stadium with an abundance of choice. Sometimes things need to change for the better. They should, imo, get priority choice after renewals.

Things should change for the better, but it has to be done in the right way.

I haven't seen anyone say that the stadium shouldn't be reorganised, but what you're suggesting completely disregards the wants and needs of those who it impacts upon.

You're only saying that you'd be ok with it happening to you because it helps your argument and because there's no chance that it would.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:53 PM
I posed it as a question based on the logic of it, which is that anything else disadvantages FFL ST holders unfairly. I'm just looking for someone to address that logic. Bottom line is that if a free-for-all doesn't happen, and I agree it's unlikely, then the arrangements that are made for FFL ST holders will need to be more than "pick from the seats nobody else thinks is good enough to have chosen".

I agree with your last point.

Since452
05-08-2023, 02:55 PM
No Im not, nobody owns the seats, correct. Your view is to support the singing section and those occupying those seats should be moved as you say they dont own the seats, do you not consider the inconvenience ? My point is that you dont, so if I decide to just take over your seat for the season and just tell you to **** off and sit somewhere else then I would suggest you would feel inconvenienced and rightly pissed off, but you would give me your “borrowed” seat though wouldnt you ? Bearing in mind you chose that seat in that particular stand, it was your choice, you werent just told sit your arse there were you ?

What is the inconvenience? They need to sit somewhere else next season? I've already said that if the club said I couldn't renew my season ticket next season in the same seat I'd say fair enough and sit elsewhere. It's not my seat. It's the clubs seat to do with as they see fit. I fully understand people will have an emotional attachment to a certain seat or area which is why the should get first dibs on other areas after renewals.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 02:56 PM
What is the inconvenience? They need to sit somewhere else next season? I've already said that if the club said I couldn't renew my season ticket next season in the same seat I'd say fair enough and sit elsewhere. It's not my seat. It's the clubs seat to do with as they see fit.

You're a saint if you'd happily agree to move a seat you'd had for years because someone more important wanted it.

I applaud you.

Since452
05-08-2023, 02:58 PM
You're a saint if you'd happily agree to move a seat you'd had for years because someone more important wanted it.

I applaud you.

I'd still be in the stadium watching my team. I get everyone is different but a seat is a seat for me.

CapitalGreen
05-08-2023, 02:59 PM

Since the Famous Five Stand was built:

- All West Stand season ticket holders had to get new seats (some twice).
- All East stand season ticket holders had to get new seats.
- 2 sections of the North Upper has to get new seats.

Nearly every other section of the ground has been subject to reorganisation since the FFL opened. On top of that, there is the tiered pricing that was implemented in the East and West.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 03:05 PM
I'd still be in the stadium watching my team. I get everyone is different but a seat is a seat for me.

As I say, you're a saint. That you'd happily move aside for someone thought to be better, or more worthy, than you is brilliant.

Probably best not to expect mere mortals to live up to those standards, though.

My wife and I were in a bar in New York once. Unbeknown to us, there was going to be a live musician and because we happened to get there early, we had brilliant seats.

Another group of people came in and, because, I assume, they were big tippers, we were asked to move so they could have the good seats.

A saint like you would have smiled and said "of course". We finished our drinks and left.

It's not exactly the same scenario, but if Hibs treated ST holders in the way you want them to, it would evoke the same feelings.

My point is made so enough from me. We'll see what happens in due course.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 03:09 PM
I used to stand behind that goal every home game rain or shine, then they tarmaced it shoved bench seating in and stuck a fence up stopping me entering unless i paid a premium to do so.

Never asked me if i wanted to move. :na na:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 03:09 PM
I used to stand behind that goal every home game rain or shine, then they tarmaced it shoved bench seating in and stuck a fence up stopping me entering unless i paid a premium to do so.

Never asked me if i wanted to move. :na na:

You weren't asked to move.

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 03:15 PM

So again, if I or someone else told you to bolt and go sit elsewhere you would just move on ?

You chose your seat for the season didnt you and have you been in said seat for a while ?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 03:32 PM
You weren't asked to move.

I wanted to stand, wasnt allowed to there.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 03:35 PM
I wanted to stand, wasnt allowed to there.

That's just an excuse.

You didn't want to cough up the extra quid :na na:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 03:40 PM
That's just an excuse.

You didn't want to cough up the extra quid :na na:

No Dave, they sanitised the cave and the good news is there looks to be a demand to take it back to the good old days.:wink:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 03:41 PM
No Dave, they sanitised the cave and the good news is there looks to be a demand to take it back to the good old days.:wink:

I remember. You'll not be going in there when you're at games, will you?

Jones28
05-08-2023, 03:44 PM
A hospitality day because the stadium is being reorganised!? Jeezy peeps

Stadium reorganisations happen regularly, this isn’t an event unique to our club. As long as it’s done during the post season and fans are given the priority to choose new seats from those available.

What’s so wrong with that? A gesture of goodwill? How disgraceful.

Mick O'Rourke
05-08-2023, 03:50 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 03:59 PM
What’s so wrong with that? A gesture of goodwill? How disgraceful.

Hospitality costs £250 pp. Almost the cost of a season ticket.

Not only would Hibs have to provide it for free, they'd lose out on the income.

How many folk would they be compensating?

hibee-boys
05-08-2023, 04:03 PM
I sat in row B seat 32 in the old North Stand next to my old man for a good number of early years as a season ticket holder. The club had the cheek to build a new stand and I had to choose one of the other seats in the stadium. Contemplated never returning due to the sheer nerve of the football club😏

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2023, 04:05 PM
I remember. You'll not be going in there when you're at games, will you?

No, my season tickets for the east, but i might slip in the end bits for next thusrsday's game.:greengrin

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 04:08 PM
I sat in row B seat 32 in the old North Stand next to my old man for a good number of early years as a season ticket holder. The club had the cheek to build a new stand and I had to choose one of the other seats in the stadium. Contemplated never returning due to the sheer nerve of the football club😏Nice story bro, not really the same though. Where do you sit now and did you go online to choose your specific seat ?

nonshinyfinish
05-08-2023, 04:28 PM
How many seats across FFL are currently not used by ST holders ?
Offer those seats to Block 7,if they want to change area now, rather than wait till next year or whenever.

You're suggesting that for this season we should have a hybrid radges/kids section?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 04:31 PM
You're suggesting that for this season we should have a hybrid radges/kids section?

Maybe just radge kids?

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2023, 04:51 PM
Once your kid has grown up, don’t you have to move from the FFL anyways?

I mean, if you’re 60 and your boy is now 35 for example, that’s not exactly the intended purpose of family pricing!

So, if you bought the ST when your laddie was 5, surely when he turns 18, 21 or whatever the cut off age is, you’d both have to move seats as you’re now 2 adults going?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 04:56 PM

I mean, if you’re 60 and your boy is now 35 for example, that’s not exactly the intended purpose of family pricing!

So, if you bought the ST when your laddie was 5, surely when he turns 18, 21 or whatever the cut off age is, you’d both have to move seats as you’re now 2 adults going?

What if someone else goes and does it too? You know. Have kids. :wink:

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 04:58 PM

So, if you bought the ST when your laddie was 5, surely when he turns 18, 21 or whatever the cut off age is, you’d both have to move seats as you’re now 2 adults going?Yep but what happens if you have kids of various ages, Grand kids, Niece's or Nephews, the kids friends of various ages ? We had our kids there many years ago and then the Nieces and Nephews, then we had their friends, we were there for years and it was great. When our kids were too old we got season tickets and took friends kids because our friends worked most weekends

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2023, 05:00 PM
What if someone else goes and does it too? You know. Have kids. :wink:

Well the newly weds with 2 toddlers now maybe want to go to ER and sit in the family section?

They should be allowed, and my 21 and 65 year old examples need to move to give the space to the younger couple. Seems fair to me.

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Yep but what happens if you have kids of various ages, Grand kids, Niece's or Nephews, the kids friends of various ages ? We had our kids there many years ago and then the Nieces and Nephews, then we had their friends, we were there for years and it was great. When our kids were too old we got season tickets and took friends kids because our friends worked most weekends

I see your point but I could easily understand if the club said, ‘nah, c’mon , time for you to move’.

You’ve benefitted from it for years. What if other young families are missing out, don’t they deserve a shot?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Well the newly weds with 2 toddlers now maybe want to go to ER and sit in the family section?

They should be allowed, and my 21 and 65 year old examples need to move to give the space to the younger couple. Seems fair to me.

I see. I didn't realise folk could have seats in the FF if they didn't have kids.

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2023, 05:04 PM
I see. I didn't realise folk could have seats in the FF if they didn't have kids.

Have I got that wrong?

I thought the FFL was for adults with kids?

Edit, maybe misunderstood your point, I think we’re saying the sa,e thing?!

CapitalGreen
05-08-2023, 05:08 PM
Nice story bro, not really the same though. Where do you sit now and did you go online to choose your specific seat ?

Do you think people didn’t select specific seats at Easter Road before the invention of the internet?

Hibbyradge
05-08-2023, 05:14 PM
Have I got that wrong?

I thought the FFL was for adults with kids?

Edit, maybe misunderstood your point, I think we’re saying the sa,e thing?!

Yes, I am. 👍

percy veer
05-08-2023, 05:18 PM

I was a ffl season ticket since it was built with my dad and now take my son , we just this season moved to the East to be nearer the singing section my son loves it, typically bought and then they announced they are moving to ffl next season , I would imagine alot of season ticket holders in ffl kids also want to be next to the singing section

Bridge hibs
05-08-2023, 05:21 PM
I see your point but I could easily understand if the club said, ‘nah, c’mon , time for you to move’.

You’ve benefitted from it for years. What if other young families are missing out, don’t they deserve a shot?Not really as there was plenty room for more and we were not breaking any rules, all tickets were paid for and we took wee future hibbys to games who otherwise would have missed out

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2023, 07:01 PM
I disagree.

Yeah that’s the way to treat your loyal customer base 👍

j'adorehibs
06-08-2023, 08:29 AM

The 35 year old now has kids, they go with dad and grandad - there are various dynamcs to familys not just parent and child and it evolves

I agree the FFL was fantastic on Thursday , just need to sort out the flag issue for those further back and only allow flags when not open play. This would make me and my young adult and teenager think about staying as we like to see the game. However if that wont be a rule then we will move but it has to be done properly. Open up seats around the stadium by getting people to commit to moving to FFL and provide family pricing for those moving into new seats. Else phase out family pricing and let people pick from bronze silver gold empty seats.

Trouble we may face here though is that if take up for FFL is new season tickets and not people moving where do you house the families....not sure what no's are are and whats avalble in stadium but im not keen to have a crappy seat in west/east at corner

These gernerally dont sell for a reason

All those just pushing us all out anywhere (mostly folk who is supect wont even be moving to FFL) need to show some empathy, it really isnt that simple

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2023, 08:46 AM
There’s no doubt that if Luzern is a good, competitive tie and if Hibs really perform, the atmosphere generated from the ‘new cave’ will be best at ER in a long time. And it will make delaying this switch look really silly and self defeating.

Jones28
06-08-2023, 10:57 AM
Hospitality costs £250 pp. Almost the cost of a season ticket.

Not only would Hibs have to provide it for free, they'd lose out on the income.

How many folk would they be compensating?

For the top level yeah it’s that price, but not at all levels.

Even a token gesture from the club like a voucher or something would be a good outcome for the movers and the club.