PDA

View Full Version : Crowd for 2nd leg

Pages : [1] 2

HendoDelivered
28-07-2023, 06:27 PM
Do we expect this to be a sell out given the pricing?

TamHibs
28-07-2023, 06:28 PM
No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibees1973
28-07-2023, 06:28 PM

Absolutely no danger.

Game is live on the BBC.

12,000 -13,000 max.

Paul1642
28-07-2023, 06:32 PM
It’s also peak summer holiday season so a few who would she went will be away or saving money.

HendoDelivered
28-07-2023, 06:37 PM
Fair points

MelbourneHibees
28-07-2023, 06:41 PM
Madness for anyone not to attend next week. Everyone keeps saying that we work hard all season to have the opportunity to play in games like these. Just to then watch it on the TV? Not for me.

oneone73
28-07-2023, 06:41 PM
And it's a crappy 7.15 kickoff 😡

Real Emerald
28-07-2023, 06:55 PM
Madness for anyone not to attend next week. Everyone keeps saying that we work hard all season to have the opportunity to play in games like these. Just to then watch it on the TV? Not for me.

Agree, regardless of the result of last night match it’s a game that Hibs fans should be heading out to see. It’s certainly better than freezing your bollocks off to watch Hibs play Livingston on a freezing night in January.

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-07-2023, 06:56 PM

Some folk work, some folk are quite rightly pissed off at Hibs after yesterday, some folk can’t afford it. Im the first two, not giving up a days guaranteed pay to watch hibs toil against amateurs. Can’t justify it with the way the world is just now.

DIXIHIBS
28-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Looks like a poor uptake tbh. Last night wont help either. Agree with others...whats the point of striving to get into europe then when we get there, fans dont want to go. Looks like well under 10k to me.

Paul1642
28-07-2023, 07:00 PM

Works for me. Can’t make many weekend games due to work and not committed enough to go to the midweek night games that I have off during the colder months which is when the midweek games are more frequent.

As someone said a few posts up, out main objective for 38 games of hard work to qualify for Europe which tends not to produce more then two or three home games every 2-3 years.

Wouldn’t miss it!

HibbyAndy
28-07-2023, 07:00 PM
Prolly about 7K

Onceinawhile
28-07-2023, 07:06 PM

The wife is working, so I need to stay at home with the youngest three whilst the eldest goes with his grandad and auntie - How's that madness?

Scooter
28-07-2023, 07:08 PM
I want to go. But a mix of early shift and cost not sure I'll go

Paul1642
28-07-2023, 07:09 PM
Is £20 the cheapest ticket for non concession, non ST holder?

killie-hibby
Plus 13500

ErinGoBraghHFC
I want to go. But a mix of early shift and cost not sure I'll go

Madness, you MUST miss out on sleep before work and give all your money to hibs.

Paul1642
28-07-2023, 07:10 PM
The wife is working, so I need to stay at home with the youngest three whilst the eldest goes with his grandad and auntie - How's that madness?

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t mean those with other commitments but rather those who are just gonna give it a miss and watch on the TV.

Bridge hibs
28-07-2023, 07:11 PM
Looks like a poor uptake tbh. Last night wont help either. Agree with others...whats the point of striving to get into europe then when we get there, fans dont want to go. Looks like well under 10k to me.Poor uptake, its only Saturday ffs 🤣

We might get our tickets on Monday

lyonhibs
28-07-2023, 07:12 PM
Will make it along to the pub for it in Zurich if that helps 😅

Pretty Boy
28-07-2023, 07:16 PM
It's hardly going to be difficult to get a ticket. Loads of people will buy this week. I couldn't make yesterday wasn't buying until I knew we were away first, when that was confirmed I just haven't got round to it. Payday weekend as well so that will see an increase in uptake in the coming days.

These early European games hardly ever attract big crowds because they just aren't that attractive. We are rarely prepared for them and deep down most people know it's likely we will be emptied before the group stages.

I'll be there but tbh I'm looking forward to watching a bunch of youngsters in a friendly tomorrow more than I am to the game on Thursday.

B.H.F.C
28-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Looks like a poor uptake tbh. Last night wont help either. Agree with others...whats the point of striving to get into europe then when we get there, fans dont want to go. Looks like well under 10k to me.

Think last night will actually help the crowd.

It’s a proper game now and that’s not something a lot of folk were expecting.

Real Emerald
28-07-2023, 07:50 PM
Think last night will actually help the crowd.

It’s a proper game now and that’s not something a lot of folk were expecting.

That’s what I was thinking, it really is a must win for the club TBH. Going out to this lot isn’t worth thinking about. Maybe fire the fans up a bit.

Pagan Hibernia
28-07-2023, 07:57 PM

what’s wrong with 7:15?

Ronniekirk
28-07-2023, 08:07 PM
I will be buying two next week no rush

oneone73
28-07-2023, 08:08 PM

A real struggle to make it owing to work, especially if you're from out of town. I can just about make 7.45 on a good day.

marinello59
28-07-2023, 08:16 PM

Rules a lot of us out of towners out. No idea why we couldn’t have gone with the normal mid week kick off time. My ticket is bought but I have no chance of making it.

He's here!
28-07-2023, 08:50 PM

Games like these? Against an Andorran amateur team? It's hardly a glamour tie.

Personally I think there are too many meaningless European qualifiers these days. I know it gives fans the chance of a trip abroad but 'European football' doesn’t necessarily equate with quality - as we witnessed only too painfully yesterday.

Hibernian Verse
28-07-2023, 09:40 PM

Personally I think there are too many meaningless European qualifiers these days. I know it gives fans the chance of a trip abroad but 'European football' doesn’t necessarily equate with quality - as we witnessed only too painfully yesterday.

Tell that to the Andorran fans though, they’ll be on cloud nine just now.

Alfred E Newman
28-07-2023, 09:52 PM
Rules a lot of us out of towners out. No idea why we couldn’t have gone with the normal mid week kick off time. My ticket is bought but I have no chance of making it.

For years 7.30pm was the normal midweek kick off time.

marinello59
28-07-2023, 09:59 PM

7:45 been the norm for years as far as i can remember. Just my bad luck i guess for this one though.Hibs have my money for three tickets though so all good.

Lancs Harp
28-07-2023, 10:00 PM

Dont think Hibs have any say in the matter. Its UEFA and their tv paymasters calling the shots. Hibs are glad to be in Europe and do as they are told.

oneone73
28-07-2023, 10:18 PM
Dont think Hibs have any say in the matter. Its UEFA and their tv paymasters calling the shots. Hibs are glad to be in Europe and do as they are told.

Plenty UEFA ties on at 7.45. And why was Groningen at 7.15? I'm scared it might be a Hibs policy. Fifty-plus years of following the Hibs and I'm afraid I'm going to miss midweek games under the lights if this continues. Not happy.

linlithgowhibbie
28-07-2023, 10:18 PM

And gran!

Lancs Harp
28-07-2023, 10:20 PM
Plenty UEFA ties on at 7.45. And why was Groningen at 7.15? I'm scared it might be a Hibs policy. Fifty-plus years of following the Hibs and I'm afraid I'm going to miss midweek games under the lights if this continues. Not happy.

Not Hibs policy fella believe me. Its UEFA splitting matches across two or more kick off times to maximise tv exposure.

jakeshibs
28-07-2023, 10:22 PM

As hibs fans we must go there in our numbers and back our team, that is our bit, mon the cabbage.

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2023, 10:46 PM
As hibs fans we must go there in our numbers and back our team, that is our bit, mon the cabbage.

This !

hibee1875
28-07-2023, 10:54 PM
A real struggle to make it owing to work, especially if you're from out of town. I can just about make 7.45 on a good day.

I’m coming from Glasgow, finishing work at 5 and will make it in time 🤷

Corstorphine Hibby
28-07-2023, 10:57 PM
I wonder how many tickets we would sell if a Scottish Cup Final or League Cup Final was played mid week with a 7:15pm kick off?

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-07-2023, 10:58 PM
I wonder how many tickets we would sell if a Scottish Cup Final or League Cup Final was played mid week with a 7:15pm kick off?

We’d sell out, obviously. But a cup final is a bit different to a second qualifying round game against a glorified pub team

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2023, 11:13 PM

Loads. But the point is losing half an hour means hassle for a lot of fans. I work until 7pm every evening. For a 7:45 I can sneak out 15 minutes early and get to ER for kick off .. just. For 7:15 I have to use a day of my annual leave if I want to get to ER and see the whole game.

The other thing is that for 7:15 it gives a lot of folk little chance to get something to eat before heading for the game .... guid luck getting something to eat at ER and actually being in your seat for kick off ... there's a whole 5 page thread complaining about the catering.

Why the FFFFF ... can't they just bloody well leave stuff alone?

As for the crowd, it will be what it will be .... this team needs to turn this tie around even if there's nobody in the bloody stadium.

CentreLine
28-07-2023, 11:27 PM
The switch from home to away this week screwed me unfortunately. Got my ticket, including the Albion Bar but the change of dates meant I can’t make it. The club offered a refund, which is good of them, but I’d rather they got the money.
I’ve been lucky enough to see so many great European games at ER but also know that it all starts with league qualification and then the early euro cup rounds. It’s all part of the entertainment value that Europe offers.

GGTTH

overdrive
28-07-2023, 11:59 PM
I’ll make it at a push like I did the friendly… missed kick off. 7.15 is chronic if you are working. Sorry to the anti buying food at a match crowd but it is even more difficult if you have to try get something to eat beforehand when Hibs seem hell bent on not opening food stands for these games too.

Criswell
29-07-2023, 12:51 AM
I'm going to go because the tie is still in the balance. If Hibs won 0-3 over there I probably wouldn't attend. We need to show our support even after such a dismal performance.

Pagan Hibernia
29-07-2023, 06:25 AM

well, we didn’t sell out our full allocation in the last final we were in. Admittedly that was a chronic time, a week before Christmas and with covid still a concern

greenlad
29-07-2023, 06:33 AM
Not Hibs policy fella believe me. Its UEFA splitting matches across two or more kick off times to maximise tv exposure.

This is nothing to do with TV. The rights aren't sold by UEFA at the stage. Game was only selected for TV on Wednesday! Plenty of other games on at 7.45.

The mandated splitting of KO times into early/late only comes in at the group stage.

It's like a misguided policy to get more kids in the ground during school holidays/finish in the light etc when really you are only inconveniencing a greater number of supporters who can't be flexible in their working patterns.

jakeshibs
29-07-2023, 06:37 AM
I'm going to go because the tie is still in the balance. If Hibs won 0-3 over there I probably wouldn't attend. We need to show our support even after such a dismal performance.

Well said, we must turn up and support our team and do our bit, the rollercoaster continues, mon the cabbage.

scoopyboy
29-07-2023, 06:38 AM
The switch from home to away this week screwed me unfortunately. Got my ticket, including the Albion Bar but the change of dates meant I can’t make it. The club offered a refund, which is good of them, but I’d rather they got the money.
I’ve been lucky enough to see so many great European games at ER but also know that it all starts with league qualification and then the early euro cup rounds. It’s all part of the entertainment value that Europe offers.

GGTTH

Well done sir, a great gesture. :aok:

Garymcl
29-07-2023, 07:11 AM
It’s simple if you can make it get there it’s a must win game big European night that we’ve been craving for more importantly our team needs us I’m disappointed like all hibbys about first leg but only good thing is it should make for a bigger crowd if we had won convincingly over there I could have forgiven people for saving there money for other games GET ALONG ON THURSDAY OUR TEAM NEEDS YOU !!! :flag:

Craigmount Hibs
29-07-2023, 07:19 AM

GGTTH
That’s unfortunate, but your response to it is impressive :top marks

.Sean.
29-07-2023, 07:42 AM
I’m away for the week so I’ll be missing it unfortunately and loads will be the same.

Should still see 13Kish with the pricing

JimBHibees
29-07-2023, 07:47 AM

GGTTH

:not worth

davhibby
29-07-2023, 08:17 AM

The home team sets the kick off time in the qualifiers. Uefa don’t care as there’s no tv deal until the groups

Since452
29-07-2023, 08:41 AM
Wouldn't miss it for the world. It's a European game.

AlbertK86
29-07-2023, 08:47 AM

Well said [emoji122]

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2023, 08:55 AM
I’ll be along to watch Hibs destroy the opposition with a display of scintillating attacking football which will make Europe sit up and take notice. In fact I expect it to be so comprehensive a demolition that other teams will simply withdraw rather than face us, thus awarding us the trophy by default.

Perhaps the exception will be Hearts, who despite 10% possession will take advantage of a goalkeeping error to win the tournament sparking excited scenes in Gorgie amidst much internal argument about the relative sizes of the respective supports.

blackpoolhibs
29-07-2023, 08:56 AM
I'm not sure the fans can say the club are not taking it serious, if they dont.

Its Europe, we qualified, just go. :greengrin

basehibby
29-07-2023, 02:16 PM
I think there will be plenty of late take up. Its Europe afterall - even if not a glamour tie.
That said, its obviously not going to sell out and therefore ticket availability will be good and some will leave it to the last minute before purchasing.
I predict an almost exclusively home crowd of 11,000.

zitelli62
29-07-2023, 02:34 PM

The good old days were always 7.30 kick offs.

nickwhibs
29-07-2023, 02:36 PM
Will be there. Thursday was a shocker but looking forward to it - especially being in the FFL. Wouldn’t miss seeing Hibs in Europe regardless of the opposition and previous results. Get an early goal and we’ll win comfortably

7Hero
29-07-2023, 02:39 PM
Games like these?

Personally I think there are too many meaningless European qualifiers these days. .

If you win these games you eventually get to he group stages, hardly meaningless.

If they have less teams then you would need a higher co-efficient, we wouldn't even qualify in that case.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2023, 02:48 PM

Meaningless?

jakeshibs
29-07-2023, 08:32 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world. It's a European game.
Well said

He's here!
29-07-2023, 08:44 PM
If you win these games you eventually get to he group stages, hardly meaningless.

If they have less teams then you would need a higher co-efficient, we wouldn't even qualify in that case.

That's kind of my point. I actually think the bar should be a bit higher for European qualification. The quality has been diluted down the years with so many teams entering at these early stages. I'm not convinced that finishing 5th in our league really merits a European spot, miles away from the group stages as it may be.

Steven79
29-07-2023, 09:11 PM
That's kind of my point. I actually think the bar should be a bit higher for European qualification. The quality has been diluted down the years with so many teams entering at these early stages. I'm not convinced that finishing 5th in our league really merits a European spot, miles away from the group stages as it may be.In the 80's we used to have 5 out of ten teams in Europe every season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
29-07-2023, 09:47 PM
In the 80's we used to have 5 out of ten teams in Europe every season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using TapatalkThere were less "countries" in Europe back in the 80s. Not forgetting open draws and The Champions Cup limited to Champions and last year's winner....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
29-07-2023, 09:49 PM
There were less "countries" in Europe back in the 80s. Not forgetting open draws and The Champions Cup limited to Champions and last year's winner....

great days.

Seekyit
30-07-2023, 11:31 AM
Did I read somewhere that if you buy your own seat it automatically goes on to your ST? Or is that nonsense and you have to use Apple wallet/print at home?

Johnny_Leith
30-07-2023, 11:34 AM
Did I read somewhere that if you buy your own seat it automatically goes on to your ST? Or is that nonsense and you have to use Apple wallet/print at home?

Just bought tickets today and the email advised to add to Google pay/apple wallet.

Didn't see an option to add it to my ST card.

Seekyit
30-07-2023, 11:35 AM
Just bought tickets today and the email advised to add to Google pay/apple wallet.

Didn't see an option to add it to my ST card.

Cheers

Springbank
30-07-2023, 11:37 AM

It's a home game & it's marginally earlier than most evening kick offs

You'd have to be heavily "on the hunt" to play that card

BS44
30-07-2023, 11:40 AM
How many fans from Andorra are likely to travel over for the big match?

tamig
30-07-2023, 11:44 AM

Think it only got added to you ST if you bought it within the window for ST holders only.

Baldy Foghorn
30-07-2023, 11:44 AM
How many fans from Andorra are likely to travel over for the big match?

Given their home crowd, I'll guess less than 30

Seekyit
30-07-2023, 11:59 AM
Think it only got added to you ST if you bought it within the window for ST holders only.

Ah ok, thank you.

Billy Whizz
30-07-2023, 12:02 PM

I got my ticket on the 1st day or so, and it’s a digital ticket. I showed it to the TO last week as it doesn’t even have who we are playing on it. This was before we knew who we were playing

oneone73
30-07-2023, 12:17 PM
It's a home game & it's marginally earlier than most evening kick offs

You'd have to be heavily "on the hunt" to play that card

It's half an hour earlier. A big difference to those of us who live out of town and work. 7.45 is just doable. I'm likely to lose 25 mins/half an hour of the game with a 7.15 kickoff.

timewilltell
30-07-2023, 12:21 PM

What’s wrong with that?

Since452
30-07-2023, 12:57 PM
I'm strangely really looking forward to it. We know what we need to do.

Alfred E Newman
30-07-2023, 01:25 PM
There were less "countries" in Europe back in the 80s. Not forgetting open draws and The Champions Cup limited to Champions and last year's winner....

Also, English teams were banned for 5 seasons after Heysel in 1985.

HendoDelivered
30-07-2023, 01:29 PM
Early goal in the first 10/15 and they will crumble and we should run rampant from there, no excuses

Hibees1973
30-07-2023, 02:08 PM
Early goal in the first 10/15 and they will crumble and we should run rampant from there, no excuses

it won't be anywhere near as easy as this on the evidence of the 1st leg.

LewysGot2
30-07-2023, 02:08 PM
Still to get my tickets but definitely going. Was focusing on the first leg trip and not precious about where I sit on Thursday night. Not fussed about sitting in my ST seat if someone has already bought it.

Was brave enough finally to watch the highlights reel this morning after avoiding all first leg related media since leaving the ground on Thursday night. The goals conceded are worse than they looked at the time in the stadium. I'm glad I left it a couple of days before looking. However, I know we are an infinitely better football team than them and I hope this is our Red Imps moment and not a Malteser or Luxembourger moment 😉

The feeding frenzy from some other supports will hopefully be premature- funnily enough we're still actually in the competition.

I've thought about the atmosphere last Thursday a lot since the game. It felt like a throwback to Dumbarton at the beginning of season 16-17...toxic. Same set of expectations and disappointment only with the fans having been on the booze for a couple of days. If you were at that Dumbarton game you would know of what I am referencing.

I've no idea why folk video other folk and put it online...that I can't comprehend. Why give the football universe ammunition to ridicule our club? By that I mean both the fans and players? Maybe I'm just ancient and don't understand the need to chase internet likes or exposure...maybe I'm unapologetically old school. Nae point in further navel gazing over that toxic pantomime - let's get behind the team on Thursday.

TheCabbage
30-07-2023, 02:20 PM

Family and work commitments first. Have 45 minutes from finishing work to travel 35 miles park then get to stadium. If it was a 7:45 KO it’s doable but not for a 7:15 KO and can’t get the day off

Garymcl
30-07-2023, 02:38 PM
If you can get to the game GO and get behind the team we all know we were poor 1st leg which means there’s a 2nd leg let’s put all our energy into being positive back the team it’s a massive night of European football remember that’s what we all craved at the end of last season :flag:

Hibbyradge
30-07-2023, 02:45 PM
I'm coming up for the St Mirren game and I'll go to the next European game if we qualify, but I can't really justify 3 trips and 2 overnight stays in 8 days.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Family and work commitments first. Have 45 minutes from finishing work to travel 35 miles park then get to stadium. If it was a 7:45 KO it’s doable but not for a 7:15 KO and can’t get the day off

This is exactly why 7:15 is a pain in the erchie. A lot of fans live out of town, for example Hibs have a fairly sizeable support in the Borders and changing the KO time to half an hour earlier is doing them no favours whatsoever. As I said, I work to 7pm which means I'll have to take a day from my annual leave to make this game.

In the NFL the Buffalo Bills have so many fans crossing the border from Canada to support them they have a special day every year to thank them for their efforts. Meanwhile in Scotland Hibs thank their out of town fans, many of whom travel 30 miles or more for home games, by making it more difficult than they have to for them to get to Easter Road in time for kick off.

This ***** needs put to bed pronto by Hibs .... its bloody infuriating enough games being changed to lunchtime etc to suit TV without the clubs doing pish like this for no good reason !!!

Talking of bed. The theory that Hibs have done this to get more kids in is nonsense IMO .... at this time of year a couple of hours extra past bedtime shouldn't be that big a deal with the schools being off.

Hibbyradge
30-07-2023, 03:00 PM
This is exactly why 7:15 is a pain in the erchie. A lot of fans live out of town, for example Hibs have a fairly sizeable support in the Borders and changing the KO time to half an hour earlier is doing them no favours whatsoever. As I said, I work to 7pm which means I'll have to take a day from my annual leave to make this game.

In the NFL the Buffalo Bills have so many fans crossing the border from Canada to support them they have a special day every year to thank them for their efforts. Meanwhile in Scotland Hibs thank their out of town fans, many of whom travel 30 miles or more for home games, by making it more difficult than they have to for them to get to Easter Road in time for kick off.

This ***** needs put to bed pronto by Hibs .... its bloody infuriating enough games being changed to lunchtime etc to suit TV without the clubs doing pish like this for no good reason !!!

Talking of bed. The theory that Hibs have done this to get more kids in is nonsense IMO .... at this time of year a couple of hours extra past bedtime shouldn't be that big a deal with the schools being off.

Maybe it helps the Andorran team to get home. :dunno:

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2023, 03:05 PM
Maybe it helps the Andorran team to get home. :dunno:

If Hibs said that then even though it would still piss me off it would at least be understandable .... there's no indication that that's the case though. That being said, at this stage in proceedings if I was Hibs I wouldn't be doing a damned thing to make their lives any easier.

lyonhibs
30-07-2023, 07:02 PM
The kick off slots will be set by UEFA, not Hibs presumably?

hibee1875
30-07-2023, 07:26 PM
Folk just love going radge about anything and everything. No decision will ever make 100% of the support happy.

I’m personally happy it’s a 7.15 kick off, means I’ll be back in Glasgow by 11.

If god forbid it ends up going to penalties you’d be looking at after midnight. So the earlier (after 7pm) the kick off the better for me.

Mantis Toboggan
30-07-2023, 07:29 PM
Meaningless?

How I would describe 100 percent of his posts

MacBean
30-07-2023, 07:38 PM

Yup
Staggered kick off times for all fixtures. Not sure how much influence hibs have on that or if they can request it’s pushed back.
Folk should lay off hibs as it’s not purely their decision

oneone73
30-07-2023, 07:48 PM

Not for qualifiers

brianmc
30-07-2023, 08:08 PM

It's bloody infuriating for you because it doesn't suit you personally.

It's slightly beneficial for me (an out of towner) because I generally have to be up at 4am for work so midweek games are usually an absolute ball ache. Swings and roundabouts eh?

Either go or don't I really don't care, but ffs greetin about the 30 minute difference in KO time as the newest stick to beat the club with smacks of moaning for the sake of it.

brianmc
30-07-2023, 08:10 PM
Folk just love going radge about anything and everything. No decision will ever make 100% of the support happy.

I’m personally happy it’s a 7.15 kick off, means I’ll be back in Glasgow by 11.

If god forbid it ends up going to penalties you’d be looking at after midnight. So the earlier (after 7pm) the kick off the better for me.

A voice of reason?
That'll never catch on 😄

O'Rourke3
30-07-2023, 08:16 PM
7:15 suits me too. Means getting home before 11 for a change.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

marinello59
30-07-2023, 08:34 PM

It's slightly beneficial for me (an out of towner) because I generally have to be up at 4am for work so midweek games are usually an absolute ball ache. Swings and roundabouts eh?

Either go or don't I really don't care, but ffs greetin about the 30 minute difference in KO time as the newest stick to beat the club with smacks of moaning for the sake of it.

I make most midweek games and I’m doing well to be in for 1am. This kick off time rules me out. I do love a good moan just for the sake of it though. :greengrin

Forza Fred
31-07-2023, 02:56 AM

Mate, I’d gladly swap places with you and would love the inconvenience!

To watch most games on Hibs Tv..a bit far for us to travel…..most of us have to get up at 2am sometimes to watch the games!

Can’t remember anyone here complaining.

They only do that if the game is NOT on Hibs Tv…..which unfortunately will probably be the case for this game.

CapitalGreen
31-07-2023, 05:30 AM
Better kick off time for people with kids. With the potential for extra time and penalties, a 7:45/8:00 kick off time could mean a finish time close to 11pm if the game goes the full distance. Glad to see the club making the game more accessible for the future generations of Hibs fans as I remember how special European nights were for me as a child.

Gmack7
31-07-2023, 05:40 AM
Getting 2 today, cmon Hibs

Springbank
31-07-2023, 05:48 AM
The main purpose of being a supporter is to turn up in numbers so that your team gets a sporting advantage (and the opposition feels at a disadvantage)

I just don't get why anyone who could go, would choose not to.

It's a competitive tie, that is 100% in the balance.

Get off yer sofa and along to Easter Road if you can.

marinello59
31-07-2023, 06:27 AM
The main purpose of being a supporter is to turn up in numbers so that your team gets a sporting advantage (and the opposition feels at a disadvantage)

I just don't get why anyone who could go, would choose not to.

It's a competitive tie, that is 100% in the balance.

Get off yer sofa and along to Easter Road if you can.

I’m not seeing anyone here who can go choosing not to go.

jakeshibs
31-07-2023, 06:46 AM
Getting 2 today, cmon Hibs

Thats what we want to hear, lets get behind the team

Garymcl
31-07-2023, 07:15 AM
Ok the 30 mins difference should in all honesty hinder a few for the small minority for whom it means they can’t make it you have my sympathy for the vast majority it doesn’t or in some cases makes it a bit of a pain (and that means some fans who I’ve spoken to saying things like canny go for a pint etc get a life I like a beer before games but the most important thing for me is watching my team I’ll get a few beers before Sundays game to make up for it get to the game and get right behind the team we need to win this canny wait ggtth

DIXIHIBS
31-07-2023, 07:40 AM
Ok the 30 mins difference should in all honesty hinder a few for the small minority for whom it means they can’t make it you have my sympathy for the vast majority it doesn’t or in some cases makes it a bit of a pain (and that means some fans who I’ve spoken to saying things like canny go for a pint etc get a life I like a beer before games but the most important thing for me is watching my team I’ll get a few beers before Sundays game to make up for it get to the game and get right behind the team we need to win this canny wait ggtth

👍👍

Since452
31-07-2023, 08:25 AM
Wee half day at work so i'm through for the game at a decent time. Hopefully see a few Hibs goals. Looking forward to it.

Keith_M
31-07-2023, 10:14 AM
7:15 suits me too. Means getting home before 11 for a change.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Though not a massive difference, it suits me better as well. I'd normally arrive home by about 11:30, so anything earlier is good.

Dmas
31-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Anyone received tickets in post from this? I’ve had an issue where I’ve ordered digital and they’ve sent by post still not arrived though starting to get concerned they won’t come as I’ve not paid postage don’t want to pester the girl at ticket office again though if they’ve just not been delivered yet

Steven79
31-07-2023, 10:58 AM
Anyone received tickets in post from this? I’ve had an issue where I’ve ordered digital and they’ve sent by post still not arrived though starting to get concerned they won’t come as I’ve not paid postage don’t want to pester the girl at ticket office again though if they’ve just not been delivered yet

I'm still waiting for two digital tickets.

Dmas
31-07-2023, 11:02 AM

Maybe in same boat as me mate I ordered 2 digital before the team or dates where released contacted them after everything was set as had no digital tickets through and they told me they had been sent by post…I’ve paid no postage

Gmack7
31-07-2023, 11:11 AM
Bought ours today and received the digital tickets almost straight away

Hibernian Verse
31-07-2023, 11:15 AM

I'd email the ticket office just to be sure [email protected]

Steven79
31-07-2023, 11:15 AM
Maybe in same boat as me mate I ordered 2 digital before the team or dates where released contacted them after everything was set as had no digital tickets through and they told me they had been sent by post…I’ve paid no postageWonder how many other people are in the same boat.

Starting to wish I had waited till the date was known before buying tickets.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
31-07-2023, 11:20 AM
Double check you’ve not added them to your season ticket. If you have you won’t receive digital tickets.

Mikey_1875
31-07-2023, 11:30 AM

I’m still the same too. Haven’t had a reply to the two e-mails sent either.

Steven79
31-07-2023, 11:31 AM
I’m still the same too. Haven’t had a reply to the two e-mails sent either.

I wonder if they have messed up and paper tickets are waiting for us at the ticket office to be collected.

Steven79
31-07-2023, 11:33 AM
Double check you’ve not added them to your season ticket. If you have you won’t receive digital tickets.

I always double check when the email confirmation comes through.

"Delivery Method: Digital Ticket - UECL "

Dmas
31-07-2023, 11:35 AM
I always double check when the email confirmation comes through.

"Delivery Method: Digital Ticket - UECL "

Mines says the same, but Mel at the ticket office seemed very confident they had been sent via post and also gave me my address and no tickets in todays post started to get me nervous

Steven79
31-07-2023, 11:39 AM
Mines says the same, but Mel at the ticket office seemed very confident they had been sent via post and also gave me my address and no tickets in todays post started to get me nervous

Nothing in the post for me either today (I'm off work today and the postie has just finished out street)

Will give it to Wednesday then email them if nothing arrives.

Mikey_1875
31-07-2023, 11:45 AM
I wonder if they have messed up and paper tickets are waiting for us at the ticket office to be collected.

Wouldn’t mind that so much as long as they were there. Might be a bit busy pre-match if it’s a widespread issue though. I reckon it’ll be a problem on the Ticketmaster side but it would be nice to know either way. I’ll try to get them by phone tomorrow.

hibeesjoe
31-07-2023, 11:53 AM
I'm trying to buy tickets for Thursday's game but it's only showing collection from the ticket office. Is it not possible to get digital tickets so you can send them to friends.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Dmas
31-07-2023, 11:58 AM
I'm trying to buy tickets for Thursday's game but it's only showing collection from the ticket office. Is it not possible to get digital tickets so you can send them to friends.

I got digital tickets for St.Mirren had to add them to same phone one of mine was child ticket though so could be because of that

hibeesjoe
31-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Cheers, I haven't been for a while. I thought it was maybe just QR codes that you could send to others.

Vini1875
31-07-2023, 12:44 PM
I got digital tickets for Thursday no problem

hibeesjoe
31-07-2023, 12:59 PM
I got digital tickets for Thursday no problemHave you got a season ticket? I don't have one anymore so not sure if that's the difference

MelbourneHibees
31-07-2023, 01:23 PM
I’m pretty sure he doesn’t mean those with other commitments but rather those who are just gonna give it a miss and watch on the TV.

Correct. Clealry im not saying folk should abandon their kids ffs.🤣

Lendo
31-07-2023, 01:47 PM

I just got two digital tickets at lunch time with no problems, so it's defo working

NAE NOOKIE
31-07-2023, 02:09 PM

Not moaning for the sake of it mate, I'll moan when I think I have a reasonable basis for doing so.

In this case I feel justified. Evening kick offs have been 7:45 for how long now? If it was simply changed for TV then OK it would piss me off, but I wouldn't be blaming Hibs for it ..... This and last Friday's KO times seem to have been an arbitrary decision by the club for no good reason that I can see. If the size of the pie queues was anything to go by there was plenty of folk who had to rush up to ER without getting a chance to eat before leaving home ... either that or our support is stuffed with greedy bassas who would rather stand in a queue for chips than see the full 90 minutes :greengrin

Broken Gnome
31-07-2023, 02:30 PM
Kick off time is guaranteeing as many people stick around for extra time and penalties as possible. Excellent low optimism approach from Hibs.

Vini1875
31-07-2023, 02:40 PM
Have you got a season ticket? I don't have one anymore so not sure if that's the difference

Yes both tickets are for ST holders in our own seats.

Hibbyradge
31-07-2023, 02:54 PM
Kick off time is guaranteeing as many people stick around for extra time and penalties as possible. Excellent low optimism approach from Hibs.

I do hope you're kidding.

I expect it will be at the request of the Andorran team to help them get home that night.

Or to fit in with the BBC schedule.

hibeesjoe
31-07-2023, 03:04 PM
Sorted now, I think it was because one was a student ticket. Can't be bothered with the hassle so just got an adults instead.

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2023, 04:17 PM

Keith_M
31-07-2023, 05:01 PM

And what's the lottery numbers for Wednesday?

B.H.F.C
31-07-2023, 05:07 PM
Looks like more seats starting to go now. And should be a decent turnout in the FFL by the looks of it. Not too many tickets left in the three sections that they opened.

Green Reaper
31-07-2023, 05:15 PM
2 bought for West Lower today

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2023, 06:56 PM
Looks like more seats starting to go now. And should be a decent turnout in the FFL by the looks of it. Not too many tickets left in the three sections that they opened.

The Vente effect

Big_Franck
01-08-2023, 06:04 AM
Bought our tickets this morning. Can't wait for it!

Dr_Regal
01-08-2023, 06:19 AM
Got 5 for the east. The wife and three kids coming along. There first trip too Easter road, what could possibly go wrong…

Anyone know what time the club shop opens? Kids wanting Youan jerseys and I fancy a vente.

DH1875
01-08-2023, 08:52 AM
The Vente effect

Won't be in the squad.

Mikey_1875
01-08-2023, 09:15 AM
Nothing in the post for me either today (I'm off work today and the postie has just finished out street)

Will give it to Wednesday then email them if nothing arrives.

Received mine today and an email from the ticket office, they did mention if I received any tickets in the mail before Thursday just to discard them so there possibly has been a mix up somewhere. Maybe worth dropping an e-mail today if you haven’t got them yet.

Since452
01-08-2023, 09:24 AM
Two bought. Print at home (work). Took 5 minutes.

Garymcl
01-08-2023, 09:25 AM
Got my 4 for the ff lower granddaughters first game at the Leith San Siro promised her a Hibs bucket hat from the shop and she loves the away purple top could be a costly night 🇳🇬:thumbsup:

sean04
01-08-2023, 10:39 AM
2 bought in West Lower. Hopefully anybody that's on the fence about going decides to come

Edinburgh Green
01-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Think there will be a steady uptake in the next few days. I got 2 last night, was always planning on getting them but knowing that it wasn't overly bust I wasn't in a rush to buy them. Hopefully others are in the same boat.

flash
01-08-2023, 11:02 AM
Just got a couple more to bring the grandkids. Going to be a tense occasion but I am really looking forward to it.

Hibernian Verse
01-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Sales aren't looking too bad now, hopefully more to come.

There's a whole row and a half available in the signing section.

Dmas
01-08-2023, 11:16 AM
No tickets in the post again today sent an email again hopefully get something sorted out

Chuck Rhoades
01-08-2023, 04:04 PM
Sales aren't looking too bad now, hopefully more to come.

There's a whole row and a half available in the signing section.

SS is 3 blocks - roughly 1k of 1.2k have been sold.

Peanut Shaz
01-08-2023, 05:51 PM
Tickets bought.5 of us going,FF Upper.

Garymcl
01-08-2023, 06:02 PM
With sales going well FF could it be the place for the foreseeable future usually have my season ticket in the east for years moved to FF lower as my granddaughter will now accompanying me and my wife canny wait don’t know who’s more excited me or her here’s hoping for a good first season for her

Hibernian Verse
01-08-2023, 06:18 PM
SS is 3 blocks - roughly 1k of 1.2k have been sold.

There were two rows available in the middle block though when I posted. It was for peoples info incase they wanted to buy tickets there.

Smartie
01-08-2023, 06:22 PM
Won't be in the squad.

A positive statement of intent from the club though, that should hopefully encourage a few more fans to vote positively with their feet.

Hibernian Verse
01-08-2023, 06:23 PM
A positive statement of intent from the club though, that should hopefully encourage a few more fans to vote positively with their feet.

Presumably he will be unveiled at half time as long as the result is going our way.

Steven79
01-08-2023, 06:24 PM
No tickets in the post again today sent an email again hopefully get something sorted out

Any word back?

McD
01-08-2023, 06:27 PM
I got my 2 as ‘print at home’ which became available to print once the date had been confirmed - just noticed that where it indicates the stand, both tickets have the block number rather than the stand (FF), will we have any bother with those or will they be fine?

Billy Whizz
01-08-2023, 06:36 PM
I got my 2 as ‘print at home’ which became available to print once the date had been confirmed - just noticed that where it indicates the stand, both tickets have the block number rather than the stand (FF), will we have any bother with those or will they be fine?

Ours are the same. Our digital tickets have no opposition for the night, as they were booked before we knew who we were playing
I’m going sharp on Thursday, just in case there are any problems

LewysGot2
01-08-2023, 08:29 PM
With it being an earlier KO some folk might go straight from work and look for scran near or in the ground. Just been to meet a mate for a pint in the Mash Tun tonight and see that the chippie on ER is closed until 15th August- so nae chippie for the next 3 home games (assuming we get through this tie)

bod
01-08-2023, 08:33 PM
Presumably he will be unveiled at half time as long as the result is going our way.
Might do the happy hibby draw at 1/2 time ?

01-08-2023, 09:47 PM

So either unveiled at half-time or checking his contract for a cooling-off period. 🙄

Since452
02-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Only 74 singing section tickets left from the three sections in the FF lower. Great effort. Should be quite the sight.

Dmas
02-08-2023, 07:29 AM
Any word back?

Yes mate, Mel at the ticket office resent my email this time and I got the 2 digital tickets to add straight away, I’d email if your still waiting bud I don’t think these where sent in the post as they first thought

Bob Box Fish
02-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Tickets are shifting well now. Should get over 12k by KO

Keith_M
02-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Tickets are shifting well now. Should get over 12k by KO

How many visiting fans should we expect?

Hibernian Verse
02-08-2023, 10:58 AM

Their biggest fan doesn't actually attend their games so not sure there will be any

linlithgowhibbie
02-08-2023, 11:41 AM

Probably a couple of wives/girlfriends, nowt else.

stuart-farquhar
02-08-2023, 11:51 AM

I wouldn't advise that. Best kept well apart from experience.

Since90+2
02-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Only 74 singing section tickets left from the three sections in the FF lower. Great effort. Should be quite the sight.

Brilliant. Many of us have advocated this for a long time and it's great to see it finally happen, to sell that many tickets for a game against a team from Andorra is brilliant.

Think how many we could possibly sell against the bigger sides?

davhibby
02-08-2023, 12:35 PM
Brilliant. Many of us have advocated this for a long time and it's great to see it finally happen, to sell that many tickets for a game against a team from Andorra is brilliant.

Half of the two end sections now on sale. To think that there were some on here confident that it would only be 20 block 7 members if hibs were to try this out.

Keith_M
02-08-2023, 12:37 PM

I wouldn't advise that. Best kept well apart from experience.

:greengrin

Since452
02-08-2023, 01:08 PM

Much less than that now and we've opened the end two sections of the FF lower. As you say it would be rocking for bigger games.

Since90+2
02-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Much less than that now and we've opened the end two sections of the FF lower. As you say it would be rocking for bigger games.

If we do sell the equivalent of 4 sections in the lower for a game against the Andorran's I think it puts to bed any argument that the demand isn't there.

Could, and should, have happened before now, but we are were we are.

NAE NOOKIE
02-08-2023, 01:31 PM

My take on this was always that the FF lower could be a game changer. Self contained section, not in anybody's road and somewhere our more vocal and vociferous fans could make their own in the fullness of time. I never thought the negative folk were right basing it's potential on the relatively small numbers currently comprising Block 7 and hopefully the uptake for this game is proving me right :greengrin

Scooter
02-08-2023, 01:45 PM
Got tickets. 4 of us now going

sean04
02-08-2023, 02:29 PM
Tickets sales looking better now, end sections of east and west still plenty but rest looks to be selling quite well

scoopyboy
02-08-2023, 03:45 PM
Tickets sales looking better now, end sections of east and west still plenty but rest looks to be selling quite well

Excellent, I hope Hibs will sell tickets right up to the kick off.

The more the merrier

H18 SFR
02-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Thunderstorms and flash flooding for tomorrow I noted on the tv weather there.

inglisavhibs
02-08-2023, 07:44 PM
Met office map showing dry with light winds tomorrow evening. Rain around but not in Edinburgh, let’s hope that’s correct.

SteveHFC
02-08-2023, 08:02 PM
Ventusky - Wind, Rain and Temperature Maps (https://www.ventusky.com/?p=55.27;-2.61;8&l=rain-3h&t=20230803/1800):grr:

02-08-2023, 08:14 PM
BBC and Met Office differ quite a bit from each other.

BBC
https://i.ibb.co/Ych4hpR/BBC.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Met Office
https://i.ibb.co/ws0BPLt/Met-Office.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Garymcl
02-08-2023, 08:44 PM
So looking forward to this tomorrrow night might join in with the singing section with 8 year old granddaughter in tow :hibees:hibees

McGhee
02-08-2023, 08:58 PM
Big game tomorrow. I watched the opposition put out Vikingur, and while they weren't world class, they were hard working, full of spirit, and industrious. I think, we thought we would easily steam roll them. They put in the same shift against us, and of course, Marshall was badly at fault, but I think they marginally deserved the win against us. We have to ensure, that we take tomorrow's game very seriously, with no slip ups. Get up and at them from the first minute, and do not give them any opportunities, to silence our home support. Let's hope that, Johnson gets the tactics spot on. Hopefully, an early goal will settle us into the game, and we win comfortably. However, they as I say are no mugs, and will hope to frustrate us. We really do have to approach this match with focus and determination, if we hope to progress.

gbhibby
02-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Saw Noah and his ark earlier today in East Lothian

Mick O'Rourke
02-08-2023, 09:08 PM
So looking forward to this tomorrrow night might join in with the singing section with 8 year old granddaughter in tow :hibees:hibees

The singing is most defo getting the young yins excited..........and you Gary !!

My greatgrandson (10) was at Blackpool and loved the atmosphere with the choir ,drums and all
Not so much the flares and smoke thingies.
He pointed out to an older guy that some wee ones have breathing problems,too .
Not just auld yins !!
Well said, wee man :agree:
They need to calm down with the smoke things.
I saw a utube clip of them in the Blackpool concourse.
The smoke was unreal and it had nowhere to go/disperse !!
splutter splutter !!useless things.
Gripe over !

On a happier note he...
Wants Hibs back at Blackpool soon .......he loved the Pleasure Beach and The Tower !! :greengrin

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-08-2023, 09:09 PM

Reckon there was any penguins or ducks on Noah’s ark?

stokesmessiah
02-08-2023, 09:09 PM

Possible signing?

Hibeewilly
02-08-2023, 09:16 PM
The singing is most defo getting the young yins excited..........and you Gary !!

My greatgrandson (10) was at Blackpool and loved the atmosphere with the choir ,drums and all
Not so much the flares and smoke thingies.
He pointed out to an older guy that some wee ones have breathing problems,too .
Not just auld yins !!
Well said, wee man :agree:
They need to calm down with the smoke things.
I saw a utube clip of them in the Blackpool concourse.
The smoke was unreal and it had nowhere to go/disperse !!
splutter splutter !!useless things.
Gripe over !

On a happier note he...
Wants Hibs back at Blackpool soon .......he loved the Pleasure Beach and The Tower !! :greengrin

After the smoke bomb was let off in the concourse they shut the bars.....madness !

GreenCastle
02-08-2023, 09:18 PM
While it won’t be a sellout I expect the noise from 3 full lower sections behind the goals to really make a difference to the atmosphere.

Hopefully it becomes a permanent fixture - long over sue and should have been done already but hopefully see the change next season as we follow Aberdeen and Hearts moving directly behind the goals.

Mick O'Rourke
02-08-2023, 09:34 PM
After the smoke bomb was let off in the concourse they shut the bars.....madness !

There is no point to them other than a bit of colour ,if thats the intention.
But doing that in enclosed space is stupidity
Had i been there i would have needed a medic or gotten out sharpish !!
Throwing them on the pitch is also stupid.
Holds game up,puts the guy cleaning it up at risk and ruins the grass !
The group need to self police themselves and ban these things.
All great fun on this clip.... till the smoke starts up.:cb
Where do they think the smoke is going down there.?
Idiots waving them about like they are sparklers
Reckless imo ,and as you say,spoilt things for others.Like a beer !!

Heres the film
Am i being a fuddy duddy, or do most agree !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DgPWVEALaw

Hibbyradge
02-08-2023, 09:40 PM
Big game tomorrow. I watched the opposition put out Vikingur, and while they weren't world class, they were hard working, full of spirit, and industrious. I think, we thought we would easily steam roll them. They put in the same shift against us, and of course, Marshall was badly at fault, but I think they marginally deserved the win against us. We have to ensure, that we take tomorrow's game very seriously, with no slip ups. Get up and at them from the first minute, and do not give them any opportunities, to silence our home support. Let's hope that, Johnson gets the tactics spot on. Hopefully, an early goal will settle us into the game, and we win comfortably. However, they as I say are no mugs, and will hope to frustrate us. We really do have to approach this match with focus and determination, if we hope to progress.

Good post. I pointed out that Inter had held Cluj to a draw in last year's qualifying round but we still had people saying that our development team would easily take 5 off them.

We've now got Steve Cowan saying that unless we get a high scoring win, LJs future is in doubt. It's ridiculous.

Fortunately, LJ isn't talking that way so I'm very hopeful of a professional attitude and performance.

Alex Trager
02-08-2023, 09:43 PM
Good post. I pointed out that Inter had held Cluj to a draw in last year's qualifying round but we still had people saying that our development team would easily take 5 off them.

We've now got Steve Cowan saying that unless we get a high scoring win, LJs future is in doubt. It's ridiculous.

Fortunately, LJ isn't talking that way so I'm very hopeful of a professional attitude and performance.

Who’s Steve Cowan?

Fwiw LJ stressed a few times pre first leg that it would not be an easy game.

gbhibby
02-08-2023, 09:52 PM
Reckon there was any penguins or ducks on Noah’s ark?

Loads, but he refused to let the seagulls on it

Mick O'Rourke
02-08-2023, 09:56 PM
Who’s Steve Cowan?

Yes Although i guess most of us thought we would win or worse a draw. Lee did point out those things
I think the pitch size bamboozled our players.
Dont know why
Just long balls going too long .Balls up the flanks going well out of play. Diagonals hitting the cliffs
Not focusing when they broke/countered.
Bit sluggish we seemed in spells too last week
They also have a couple of speedy guys for watching the morn.
Good job its a 2 leg tie.eh?
We really should take advantage of the ER pitch the morn and run them ragged.
Dont allow them to time waste either.
Could be a kickng match too. Massive prize for them,this is.

Anyway
5-0 a la Napoli !!

Hibbyradge
02-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Who’s Steve Cowan?

Steve Cowan used to play for us. He writes for the Sun.

Yeah, I know LJ took them seriously.

Since452
03-08-2023, 06:03 AM
Yes Although i guess most of us thought we would win or worse a draw. Lee did point out those things
I think the pitch size bamboozled our players.
Dont know why
Just long balls going too long .Balls up the flanks going well out of play. Diagonals hitting the cliffs
Not focusing when they broke/countered.
Bit sluggish we seemed in spells too last week
They also have a couple of speedy guys for watching the morn.
Good job its a 2 leg tie.eh?
We really should take advantage of the ER pitch the morn and run them ragged.
Dont allow them to time waste either.
Could be a kickng match too. Massive prize for them,this is.

Anyway
5-0 a la Napoli !!

People calling them a pub team etc are doing them a disservice. Yes, we should have way too much for them over who legs but they deserved their win. Fair play to them. Maybe didn't show them enough respect. The manager did I'm not sure about the players.

Since452
03-08-2023, 07:58 AM
6 tickets left in the singing section. Huge success i'd say :flag:

Onceinawhile
03-08-2023, 08:09 AM

The entire ffl has 6 seats left?

Hibby70
03-08-2023, 08:15 AM
The entire ffl has 6 seats left?

Think it's only the middle 3 sections that have been allocated

Hibernian Verse
03-08-2023, 08:27 AM
Think it's only the middle 3 sections that have been allocated

They've now opened half of either end section. Good way to sell the tickets IMO.

Since90+2
03-08-2023, 09:40 AM

Brilliant.

How many seats is that roughly?

B.H.F.C
03-08-2023, 09:43 AM

Not quite the case as they’ve opened up additional seats in the two end sections.

Still a good effort with them still selling and it will add to atmosphere IMO.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2023, 09:48 AM
Brilliant.

How many seats is that roughly?

Assuming the FF lower holds about 2000 total, the three sections already sold should be about 1200.

Since452
03-08-2023, 10:25 AM
Not quite the case as they’ve opened up additional seats in the two end sections.

Still a good effort with them still selling and it will add to atmosphere IMO.

It was only the three middle sections allocated to Block 7. Only two seats remaining now in those sections. Very good effort. Would have no problem filling the whole FFL if it was more attractive opposition.

McD
03-08-2023, 10:25 AM

Heres the film

nah I’m in agreement Mick, and I’m sure others are too

They damage the pitch, they exacerbate health issues, and stop people from being able to see the pitch, and could cause potentially life changing injuries. Get them to f***

lyonhibs
03-08-2023, 11:06 AM
What are the pay on the night/on the spot options?

04Sauzee
03-08-2023, 11:15 AM
What's the best guess for the amount of tickets sold 13-14k or am I being very optimistic?

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2023, 11:18 AM
nah I’m in agreement Mick, and I’m sure others are too

They damage the pitch, they exacerbate health issues, and stop people from being able to see the pitch, and could cause potentially life changing injuries. Get them to f***

Unable to take my 3 year old daughter to the toilet at half-time because of it.

She suffers from Chronic Lung Disease and it was far too dangerous.

CallumLaidlaw
03-08-2023, 11:29 AM
What's the best guess for the amount of tickets sold 13-14k or am I being very optimistic?

I think we’ll see about 12,500.
Weather later today won’t do us any favours for last minute decision makers

Fuzzywuzzy
03-08-2023, 11:41 AM

Heres the film

****ing balaclavas - what is the actual point? Doesn't make you look hard, mysterious or "edgy". Just makes you look like an utter ****.

Can't remember where I saw but I think it was Celtic fans celebrating winning the league and a woman starts wrestling this guys firework out his hand and it fires into the crowd. Some folk are nuts

Trinity Hibee
03-08-2023, 11:43 AM
****ing balaclavas - what is the actual point? Doesn't make you look hard, mysterious or "edgy". Just makes you look like an utter ****.

😂😂 agreed

davhibby
03-08-2023, 11:43 AM
It was only the three middle sections allocated to Block 7. Only two seats remaining now in those sections. Very good effort. Would have no problem filling the whole FFL if it was more attractive opposition.

They’ve opened the two end sections as well, that’s still the singing section

EGL2000
03-08-2023, 11:58 AM
They’ve opened the two end sections as well, that’s still the singing section

Even just filling the 3 middle sections is more than usually sit there in the whole lower tier.

Alan62
03-08-2023, 12:06 PM

Heres the film

The smoke bomb stuff is just plain stupid. We need to control this from within the crowd because the stewards won't do anything about it. Unfortunately, that means confronting idiots and that can be difficult and can escalate quickly. The truth though is that smoke canisters are a considerable risk - particularly in an enclosed space. Exposure to the smoke can cause acute lung and airway injuries and can bring on conditions like asthma. At worst, the exposure can be fatal. The smoke also releases a heap of toxins like zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid. We need to make this absolutely clear. It is not acceptable. It isn't just a bit of fun. It's dangerous and could have serious implications for fellow fans and for themselves. If anyone lets off a smoke bomb near me, I'll film them first then head for the nearest police officer and insist they arrest the culprit. That may sound like overkill but it's not.

Fuzzywuzzy
03-08-2023, 12:09 PM
I'll be waiting on the kids telling that everyone coming out the toilet has a cold as they keep on sniffing.......

Keith_M
03-08-2023, 12:13 PM

Heres the film

100% agree, Mick, it's just stupid and the clubs need to clamp down on this. I think throwing the idiots that do it out of the stadium would be fair.

As I mentioned on the Blackpool thread, there were two supporters that needed first aid because of this and others had to abandon their place in the refreshments queue (my wife included)

Alan62
03-08-2023, 12:17 PM
100% agree, Mick, it's just stupid and the clubs need to clamp down on this.

I think throwing the idiots that do it out of the stadium would be fair

I think charging them with a criminal offence would be fine. That’s what it is. A few trips to the court will send a strong message.

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2023, 12:22 PM
The club have i assume been communicating with Block 7 over a number of issues.
There needs to be a dialogue over this flare/smoke issues
Block7 ,if their "leaders" have influence over others, need to realise that these smoke flares are dangerous not only to people with lung and chest/heart diseases but everyone who inhales the toxins they produce.
It needs to stop among our support NOW !
If it means pulling someone up,or even shopping someone.....
well,sorry, my health would come first over an irresponsible fan setting these things off in a crowd of people.

There is no need for them.
No purpose to them other than damaging peoples health.
Smoking is banned in the ground .These things need banning and the users.

Any Block 7 reading this?
Do what you can to put a stop to this.

B.H.F.C

Na that’s what they’d opened initially. The whole FFL was designated as singing section. Makes sense to sell the way they have when trying to create an atmosphere, with remainder opening once those three sections all but gone.

DH1875
The smoke bomb stuff is just plain stupid. We need to control this from within the crowd because the stewards won't do anything about it. Unfortunately, that means confronting idiots and that can be difficult and can escalate quickly. The truth though is that smoke canisters are a considerable risk - particularly in an enclosed space. Exposure to the smoke can cause acute lung and airway injuries and can bring on conditions like asthma. At worst, the exposure can be fatal. The smoke also releases a heap of toxins like zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid. We need to make this absolutely clear. It is not acceptable. It isn't just a bit of fun. It's dangerous and could have serious implications for fellow fans and for themselves. If anyone lets off a smoke bomb near me, I'll film them first then head for the nearest police officer and insist they arrest the culprit. That may sound like overkill but it's not.

If they are so dangerous then why are they encouraged in a lot of other leagues. Take the MLS for example, they have bins at the bottom on the stands for you to put your flare into once its finished. If anywhere was gonna be strict on the health and safety aspect especially in the sue everyone world then you would think it would be the states.

Hibbyradge
03-08-2023, 12:29 PM
If they are so dangerous then why are they encouraged in a lot of other leagues. Take the MLS for example, they have bins at the bottom on the stands for you to put your flare into once its finished. If anywhere was gonna be strict on the health and safety aspect especially in the sue everyone world then you would think it would be the states.

10 year olds can own guns in America...

Keith_M
03-08-2023, 12:34 PM

How about restricting them to a designated 'smoking area'? :-)

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2023, 12:35 PM

They are dangerous
Have you had a lungful of the toxins they produce ?
The US strict on H&S ?
I would not set the US up as an example of health and safety ,when school kids are getting massacred with machine guns.
And the right wing gun lovers do little other than shrug their collective shoulders.

Chorley Hibee
03-08-2023, 12:38 PM

I think there should be a designated area of the stadium for them.

Setting them off underneath a stand though is reckless, dangerous and down right stupidity.

Hibbyradge
03-08-2023, 12:43 PM

Setting them off underneath a stand though is reckless, dangerous and down right stupidity.

And that's one of the reasons that this is being trialled.

It's not just about numbers. It's about how people behave and seeing if the singing section can work alongside the others in that stand. Setting off smoke bombs under the stand isn't going to persuade Hibs that it's a good idea to have them in there.

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2023, 12:50 PM

What designated area?
Unlike the example of the USA to all this, our stadium stands have roofs.
You set one of these off near the front, the fumes can circulate throughout stand affecting hundreds, if not more.
No half measures ! Get them binned.. Before they are set off.!
Or someone gets carried round the track on a stretcher.
Will that make these people see sense?
On the Blackpool concourse film.
It appears one girl is filming her pal holding the "lit" flare,while she covers her mouth/nose with her clothing.
Madness.

Since452
03-08-2023, 12:54 PM
Na that’s what they’d opened initially. The whole FFL was designated as singing section. Makes sense to sell the way they have when trying to create an atmosphere, with remainder opening once those three sections all but gone.

Fair enough didn't realise that.

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2023, 12:56 PM
The smoke bomb stuff is just plain stupid.
We need to control this from within the crowd because the stewards won't do anything about it.
Unfortunately, that means confronting idiots and that can be difficult and can escalate quickly.
The truth though is that smoke canisters are a considerable risk - particularly in an enclosed space.
Exposure to the smoke can cause acute lung and airway injuries and can bring on conditions like asthma.
At worst, the exposure can be fatal.
The smoke also releases a heap of toxins like zinc chloride and hydrochloric acid.
We need to make this absolutely clear. It is not acceptable. It isn't just a bit of fun.
It's dangerous and could have serious implications for fellow fans and for themselves.
If anyone lets off a smoke bomb near me, I'll film them first then head for the nearest police officer and insist they arrest the culprit. That may sound like overkill but it's not.

I hope K.Power reads this and takes this serious health risk/ issue up with the board.

There will undoubtedly be very many of our fans with lung illness/diseases .Not just the elderly.
For example,serious COPD/asthma sufferers could end up in ICU,or worse, if exposed to these flares.
Well i guess my opinion is now known.
I just hope the youngsters realise the serious health issues involved before buying these things and smuggling them into the ground.

Alan62
03-08-2023, 01:01 PM
If they are so dangerous then why are they encouraged in a lot of other leagues. Take the MLS for example, they have bins at the bottom on the stands for you to put your flare into once it's finished. If anywhere was gonna be strict on the health and safety aspect especially in the sue everyone world then you would think it would be the states.

The MLS rules clearly state that 'fireworks of any kind including, but not limited to, flares, smoke bombs, incendiary devices and pyrotechnics' are prohibited in all its grounds.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/about/fan-code-of-conduct#:~:text=Possession%20of%20an%20unauthorize d%20pyrotechnic,a%20ball%20that%20enters%20the

Smartie
03-08-2023, 01:02 PM

Can't remember where I saw but I think it was Celtic fans celebrating winning the league and a woman starts wrestling this guys firework out his hand and it fires into the crowd. Some folk are nuts

I walked home from work the other night, light when I left work and dark by the time I got home.

About halfway home, when it had just got dark, I was walking along one of the paths near St Marks Park when 3 lads in balaclavas went walking briskly past me going in the opposite direction, nobody else in sight. For all I knew they were lovely young lads minding their own business but it certainly wasn't a very pleasant experience, and whilst I wholly endorse wrapping up sensibly for the conditions it felt a tad unnecessary in early August.

So yeah, I agree - I think they're for knobs. No need for that.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2023, 01:03 PM
What designated area?
Unlike the example of the USA to all this, our stadium stands have roofs.
You set one of these off near the front, the fumes can circulate throughout stand affecting hundreds, if not more.
No half measures ! Get them binned.. Before they are set off.!
Or someone gets carried round the track on a stretcher.
Will that make these people see sense?
On the Blackpool concourse film.
It appears one girl is filming her pal holding the "lit" flare,while she covers her mouth/nose with her clothing.
Madness.

Most of the MLS stadiums have roofs mate, all of the new soccer specific stadiums built in the last 10 years are all fully roofed. Though as another poster said, it seems mental that in the most litigious country in the world many clubs actually provide bins for smoke bombs to be set off in at the front of their ultras sections.

I like the smoke bombs, but I get why their use isn't advisable in football crowds .... What about a return to 1970s Argentina .. during the 1978 WC the Argentinian fans threw tons of ripped up paper into the air at the start of the match, in two tiered stadiums it looked absolutely spectacular .. it even caught on in Scottish football for a while as I recall.

Though I'm absolutely positive the Hibs ground staff would be less than impressed at having to hoover up tons of ripped up paper at the end of every game :greengrin

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2023, 01:09 PM
Most of the MLS stadiums have roofs mate, all of the new soccer specific stadiums built in the last 10 years are all fully roofed. Though as another poster said, it seems mental that in the most litigious country in the world many clubs actually provide bins for smoke bombs to be set off in at the front of their ultras sections.

I like the smoke bombs, but I get why their use isn't advisable in football crowds .... What about a return to 1970s Argentina .. during the 1978 WC the Argentinian fans threw tons of ripped up paper into the air at the start of the match, in two tiered stadiums it looked absolutely spectacular .. it even caught on in Scottish football for a while as I recall.

Though I'm absolutely positive the Hibs ground staff would be less than impressed at having to hoover up tons of ripped up paper at the end of every game :greengrin

Well not many had roofs when i lived there:greengrin
The point was the USA is not the example of H&S i would have cited.

What about just singing and chanting !!?

No need for fireworks and flares at a football match.
Fine for the tattoo at the Castle ! Not at the Holy Ground !

EGL2000
03-08-2023, 01:11 PM
They are dangerous
Have you had a lungful of the toxins they produce ?
The US strict on H&S ?
I would not set the US up as an example of health and safety ,when school kids are getting massacred with machine guns.
And the right wing gun lovers do little other than shrug their collective shoulders.

They do work well in some of the Scandinavian countries which have designated areas where they can be used.

overdrive
03-08-2023, 01:11 PM

My mate's dad was looking out of his window on the High St in Glasgow at the Celtic fans when they were celebrating the league win and someone fired a firework in his direction (unclear whether it was on purpose) and it narrowly missed him.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2023, 01:21 PM
Well not many had roofs when i lived there:greengrin
The point was the USA is not the example of H&S i would have cited.

What about just singing and chanting !!?

No need for fireworks and flares at a football match.
Fine for the tattoo at the Castle !

Ach mate. The fact is most of the ultras groups being formed look to Europe for inspiration, in some of those countries they would piss themselves laughing at folk moaning about a few smoke bombs.

Get into You Tube and have a look at Rosario Central fans ... there's film on there that would make some of the folk on here faint in horror, it looks like the whole stadium is on fire, whether you agree with behaviour like that or not it looks absolutely spectacular :greengrin

gbhibby
03-08-2023, 01:24 PM
There are hundreds of videos on YouTube where the people posting them are praising the atmosphere and the pyros displays. What then happens you get the copycats. Hopefully it goes out of fashion but can't see that happening for some time yet.

Alan62
03-08-2023, 01:26 PM
Just to add to the 'no pyro, no party' argument. When people are sneaking prohibited items into a match, there's no control over the quality or source of those items. Assuming that price is a big factor in choosing which flare or smoke canister to purchase, there's a high chance it's bought online, probably made in China or somewhere with fewer regulations. From a chemical point of view, ANYTHING could be in that device.

It's also worth pointing out that flares burn at an unbelievably high temperature - up to 1600ºC. They also have a relatively short useful life and become unstable after about three years. Now, are we really comfortable with the idea that someone who is definitely daft enough to break the law, and may also be drunk or high, wafting around a device burning at that temperature in a crowd? Really? And if you think nobody is being hurt by flares and smoke bombs, just do a wee Google search for 'fan burned by flare at football' and you'll see reports of folks being injured on a regular basis.

Since452
03-08-2023, 01:40 PM
Personally think pyro at the football is fantastic. As much as I hate to say it Rangers "display" at Easter Road was class. Fully understand why people don't like it though.

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-08-2023, 01:41 PM
Personally think pyro at the football is fantastic. As much as I hate to say it Rangers "display" at Easter Road was class. Fully understand why people don't like it though.

Same here, I love it but I understand why some don’t.

StevesFamau5
03-08-2023, 01:53 PM
Same here, I love it but I understand why some don’t.

Probably for the reasons above, not everyone wants to breath in toxic chemicals because it creates an atmosphere. I love a good pyro show but too many wee roasters seem to think they're "ultras" from abroad and act like, well, wee roasters.

Pyro done right is brilliant, pyro in a concourse under a stand is stupid ASF. Pyro before the Yams at Tynie is great as an organised thing but again someone always takes the mick. Attitudes towards it won't change if the wannabe "ultras" like the Vomit Brigade and Onion Bears continue to encourage smaller groups with their behaviour. Plus it's so easy to get stuff, even Amazon sell smokebombs.

I've been in some brilliant displays on the continent before but thanks to our bampot selection of groups and hangers on it is never going to change here.

Anyway on another note, how are ticket sales for tonight? I need my peri-peri chips!

ErinGoBraghHFC
03-08-2023, 01:57 PM
Probably for the reasons above, not everyone wants to breath in toxic chemicals because it creates an atmosphere. I love a good pyro show but too many wee roasters seem to think they're "ultras" from abroad and act like, well, wee roasters.

Pyro done right is brilliant, pyro in a concourse under a stand is stupid ASF. Pyro before the Yams at Tynie is great as an organised thing but again someone always takes the mick. Attitudes towards it won't change if the wannabe "ultras" like the Vomit Brigade and Onion Bears continue to encourage smaller groups with their behaviour. Plus it's so easy to get stuff, even Amazon sell smokebombs.

I've been in some brilliant displays on the continent before but thanks to our bampot selection of groups and hangers on it is never going to change here.

Anyway on another note, how are ticket sales for tonight? I need my peri-peri chips!

Yeah basically all of that mate. I’m a smoker so it doesn’t bother me a jot but other people have health conditions that means they really don’t need to be inhaling whatever the **** is in those things. I wouldn’t smoke indoors or near someone I don’t know who may have a health condition so I can’t see why they should have to put up with smoke bombs being set off near them either. Should be legalised and regulated, Its not going to stop so make it safer, this “war on drugs” type attitude to it isn’t going to help anyone.

CallumLaidlaw
03-08-2023, 01:57 PM
So eh, crowd for tonight eh…

raeburnhibs
03-08-2023, 02:16 PM
So eh, crowd for tonight eh…

looks pretty busy; maybe 15-15.5k

Green-Hibee-7
03-08-2023, 02:18 PM
Actually think it looks decent tbh.

Molde - 16k
Asteras - 14k
NSI Runavik - 12.5k

Must be pushing similar to the NSI Runavik type crowd.

blackpoolhibs
03-08-2023, 02:20 PM
10 year olds can own guns in America...

Maybe we can swap flares for guns, never known anyone get asthma from a gun. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
03-08-2023, 02:23 PM

Given that there will be 0 fans in the South Stand, 15.5k would mean the other 3 were almost full and they're not close to that.

13k would be a respectable turnout, imo.

CallumLaidlaw

Hmm dunno. 12.5k I reckon. Still a good amount for this stage and during the summer holidays.

Hibby70
Maybe we can swap flares for guns, never known anyone get asthma from a gun. :greengrin

Guns don't kill people. Rappers do.

Hibbyradge
03-08-2023, 02:24 PM

Not a bad shout, tbh.

It might also solve the sectarian singing problems when the Hun come to ER. :greengrin

raeburnhibs
03-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Hmm dunno. 12.5k I reckon. Still a good amount for this stage and during the summer holidays.

Callum, have you seen the dots? just really the narrower end sections in the east and west, pretty busy in the north, 14k anyway