No other word for it. Utterly shameful.

Yep.

Keith_M
27-07-2023, 05:01 PM

Shambolic?

Vault Boy
27-07-2023, 05:01 PM
Andorra has the same population as Paisley. Inter aren’t even the best club in it. No words.

Pagan Hibernia
27-07-2023, 05:02 PM

there’s plenty of words for it. Most of them unprintable

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2023, 05:03 PM
Andorra. It's tragic what Scottish football has become. An embarrassing and very sad moment.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Been a while … Have the rules changed and the game settled after the first leg these days ?
They have a chance to redeem themselves.

James70
27-07-2023, 05:08 PM
No urgency till the last few minutes, misplaced passes, losing possession easily and barely winning a header the whole game. They seemed much faster on and off the ball and two scrappy goals conceded. We can't be as bad again next week can we?

Northernhibee
27-07-2023, 05:08 PM
Been a while … Have the rules changed and the game settled after the first leg these days ?

There are some results beyond redemption.

If they had three or four it would be tough to argue that it would have flattered them.

hibee-boys
27-07-2023, 05:11 PM

Lots of other words would be appropriate but not a family friendly fans forum🙈

babahibs
27-07-2023, 05:11 PM
Are we out?

Malthibby
27-07-2023, 05:12 PM
I'm sure we will get past them but it's a shocking result - anyone think of a poorer team we have lost to in Europe?
Not in the 50-odd years I've been watching...

Billy McKirdy
27-07-2023, 05:14 PM

This

The time to complain is when we are knocked out and not a moment sooner.

Fair play to the cloggers from Andorra, they’v deserved their result tonight.
Next week will be a totally different game.

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2023, 05:14 PM
I'm sure we will get past them but it's a shocking result - anyone think of a poorer team we have lost to in Europe?
Not in the 50-odd years I've been watching...

No, this has to be rock bottom. Worst result ever.

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Some folk happy with the result it seems. Excusing it because we have next week.

Shameful

aarsan
27-07-2023, 05:18 PM
No urgency till the last few minutes, misplaced passes, losing possession easily and barely winning a header the whole game. They seemed much faster on and off the ball and two scrappy goals conceded. We can't be as bad again next week can we?

Why not

makaveli1875
27-07-2023, 05:18 PM
Some folk happy with the result it seems. Excusing it because we have next week.

Shameful

It wasn't just the result . The performance is 1 of the worst iv seen from hibs . It was an utter stinker

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2023, 05:19 PM
NOT Scottish football.....Hibs

We aren't alone in suffering this kind of result in Europe. Our league is awful.

Pretty Boy
27-07-2023, 05:21 PM
We'll win the tie and pretty comfortably imo.

That doesn't in any way excuse the result tonight though, we should be tucking a team like that away even if thoughts of a 5 or 6 goal victory were always a bit fanciful. More concerning than the result was the performance though, we could well have been in a far worse position had they had just a bit more quality up top. Had we conceded 3 or 4 tonight we couldn't have complained too much.

aarsan
27-07-2023, 05:21 PM
Andorra. It's tragic what Scottish football has become. An embarrassing and very sad moment.

Not Scottish football....Hibs

Since452
27-07-2023, 05:22 PM
It was pathetic but win the second leg and go through and I won't care less. Down to you Hibs.

27-07-2023, 05:24 PM

Shameful

Show me a post where someone is happy with the result.

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 05:26 PM
Show me a post where someone is happy with the result.

If you don’t like the thread you can ignore it. You must be another quite happy with it

Hibees1973
27-07-2023, 05:28 PM
I was the one who posted on the match day thread 'What happens if we go 2 down'.

Apart from the obvious jibes from the usual posters that I would be happy or it would please me, where do we go from here.

Surely we need a root and branch change of things at the club.

This afternoon has shown what a Johnson side is capable of.

The Captain....
27-07-2023, 05:33 PM
It would be funny if it wasn't so utterly predictable.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

27-07-2023, 05:35 PM
If you don’t like the thread you can ignore it. You must be another quite happy with it

If you don't like posters pointing out the tie isn't over you can ignore them instead of making stuff up.

You are obviously not able to back up your comment that some folk are happy. Why must I be happy with it?

Bristolhibby
27-07-2023, 05:37 PM

Tell me right.

It’s a bad result, possibly the worst in our European history. But ties are two legged affairs.

We are 1-2 down at Half time, and we are playing down the slope the second half.

J

hibees 7062
Exact same as last season when he said , once we get through the group stages in the league cup like we were to good for these teams

Trinity Hibee
If you don't like posters pointing out the tie isn't over you can ignore them instead of making stuff up.

You are obviously not able to back up your comment that some folk are happy. Why must I be happy with it?

😂😂 laughable it really is

.Sean.
27-07-2023, 05:38 PM
The club should be refunding every single supporter that’s wasted weeks wages + travelling for that. A complete and utter disgrace, no two ways about it

27-07-2023, 05:38 PM
I was the one who posted on the match day thread 'What happens if we go 2 down'.

Apart from the obvious jibes from the usual posters that I would be happy or it would please me, where do we go from here.

No, we quite rightly be annoyed but back the team next week to win the tie instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to call for a complete overhaul of the club.

27-07-2023, 05:39 PM
😂😂 laughable it really is

It really is.

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2023, 05:40 PM
The club should be refunding every single supporter that’s wasted weeks wages + travelling for that. A complete and utter disgrace, no two ways about it

Not going to happen, but they should.

JohnM1875
27-07-2023, 05:41 PM

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever in my opinion. So you can't have a horrific result or moan about it in a two legged game now?

We lost and deservedly so.

Aye we'll still go through. But that was so so poor from every player involved.

7Hero
27-07-2023, 05:41 PM
No, we quite rightly be annoyed but back the team next week to win the tie instead of having a knee-jerk reaction to call for a complete overhaul of the club.

It's hardly a knee jerk after a year of watching Johnson and Kensell failing to improve the footballing department.. How bad do we need to be ? Worse than this ?

Ronniekirk
27-07-2023, 05:43 PM
Andorra has the same population as Paisley. Inter aren’t even the best club in it. No words.
And we play St Mirren soon

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 05:44 PM
It's hardly a knee jerk after a year of watching Johnson and Kensell failing to improve the footballing department.. How bad do we need to be ? Worse than this ?

Na we should just be grateful we made europe for a wee jolly. Never mind that we come up with new ways to become a complete laughing stock.

Also the squad is absolutely fine for the coming season.

AFKA5814_Hibs
Shocking performance throughout the team and it could have been worse. Just before we got the break which ultimately ended up with our goal, they had an attack which if their player had been more direct, could have ended up with them scoring a third, the guy just stopped running towards goal and turned back and then lost possession. 3-0 would probably have been tie over, so small mercies for that.

Marshall is finished and needs to be replaced for next week. I see nothing from Le Fondre, Melkerson or Doidge to suggest any of them could be a goalscoring threat this season. Doidge wasn't deemed good enough last season and shouldn't be this season, Melkerson, two goals apart in his debut, has been a disaster of a signing. Midfield is still bereft of any creativity as it has been for the last few seasons.

The quicker we get Boyle back in the team the better. Fish will obviously add quality into our defence, Obita will give us a better option at left back. Add in a new centre forward and creative midfielder and then this is a different team, but ****** me, that was a hard watch today.

Jones28

Just go and win the next leg, that’s it. You can’t rip the arse out of the club at half time.

A disgrace of a result? Absolutely. But nothing is lost yet.

jeffers
27-07-2023, 05:46 PM

Not sure why Kensell is being dragged into this. He was in a position where the owners son was playing at recruitment management, recognised that and brought in an experienced guy as DoF. He’s also done what a lot of people keep saying and given a manager time. Whether Johnson is the right man or not Kensell is giving him the best chance he can to succeed.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-07-2023, 05:49 PM
Fans making their feelings very clear to players and management

https://twitter.com/fezstewart/status/1684618028137193472?t=xBMup1pY82XaokqTDd94zQ&s=19

Vault Boy
27-07-2023, 05:53 PM

https://twitter.com/fezstewart/status/1684618028137193472?t=xBMup1pY82XaokqTDd94zQ&s=19

I’d be embarrassed to post that video, but to each their own

JohnM1875

I mean they paid their money to go out there so more than entitled to vent their frustration. Not entirely sure what it achieves, but if they feel better after it fair enough. Was fuming after the game as well.

WestStandWillie
That’s not an acceptable performance regardless whether it’s competitive or not.

You look at the performance and you wonder how many of them actually give a single **** - you pull on the jersey and give 100% or you get yerself to ****

Embarrassing and I feel for the fans that paid to go over there

Were you happier with how things were immediately before Johnson was appointed?

I don't think calling for a complete overhaul 1 game into the new season is the right thing to do. I think if we did that it would throw us into turmoil and likely ruin the season. In your opinion, who should be sacked right now?

h1bs4life
27-07-2023, 05:57 PM

Rightly so , well done the fans who made a lot of effort and no doubt spent a few quid to get there letting the players and management know not good enough

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 06:04 PM

Looks like 'supporters' thinking the game (and a win) was a given and not realising it's only the first leg and we have a home leg to play with (hopefully) a large home backing behind them to get through the tie :aok: Johnson will learn from today, his selection was very poor, players were miles off it and perhaps fell foul to thinking it would be an easier game that it was.

Funny how we have gone from posts of 'Fish signs because he feels the love' to this nonsense :cb

Tie is two legs, awful today, no doubt about it, but fully confident we will get through with a few goals to spare. It'll be a totally different line up and better result at Easter Road :agree:

BoomtownHibees
27-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Looks like 'supporters' thinking the game (and a win) was a given

Na, looks like ‘supporters’ who have spent a fortune following the team being frustrated and angry at another utterly abysmal performance

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 06:23 PM
Na, looks like ‘supporters’ who have spent a fortune following the team being frustrated and angry at another utterly abysmal performance

That's sport, that's football, it's littered with bad results - you pay your money, you take your chances, don't travel if you think it's a given and when it doesn't go our way and we don't get the result you want then. Spending money and travelling to support the team doesn't come with the condition that you are allowed to freely verbally abuse people if it goes against us :aok:

Not shying away from what is a terrible result but it's only 'half time' - save all that venting if we go out next week - even then, can't understand why people think it's okay to spout utter bile at our players.

Keith_M
27-07-2023, 06:29 PM
Looks like 'supporters' thinking the game (and a win) was a given and not realising it's only the first leg and we have a home leg to play with (hopefully) a large home backing behind them to get through the tie :aok:

Why put the word supporters in quotes?

I presume you're questioning whether they really are genuine supporters, in which case surely travelling all the way to Andorra pretty much confirms they are.

They have a right to be p1ssed off, and to tell the players/management that they should be ashamed of themselves.

Donegal Hibby
27-07-2023, 06:33 PM
I mean they paid their money to go out there so more than entitled to vent their frustration. Not entirely sure what it achieves, but if they feel better after it fair enough. Was fuming after the game as well.
Doesn't help though does it ? Abit like the time Mckirdy was coming on in the Aberdeen game with Hibs fans booing him . Achieves absolutely nothing.

Hibby70
27-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Some folk really need a grip on reality of what's important in life. Hurling abuse like that (from behind a fence) is over the top , regardless of how much money you've spent.

It's a game of football.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Why put the word supporters in quotes?

I presume you're questioning whether they really are genuine supporters, in which case surely travelling all the way to Andorra pretty much confirms they are.

They have a right to be p1ssed off, and to tell the players/management that they should be ashamed of themselves.

Does that come with a right to verbally abuse our players, coaches and manager simply because we lose? That's not 'support' in my eyes, that's stamping little feet and being childish :aok: by all means be angry, 'ashamed', and vent amongst yourselves - but to stay behind to give them pelters is shan patter and not support. Not questioning that they are genuine supporters, just questioning their reaction and behaviour - it's Violet Bott behaviour (one for the old yins).

raeburnhibs
27-07-2023, 06:44 PM
I’d be embarrassed to post that video, but to each their own

Agreed!!

An embarrassing performance, an embarrassing reaction and a ****** embarrassing video

Not In The Know
27-07-2023, 06:48 PM
We aren't alone in suffering this kind of result in Europe. Our league is awful.

Every team in our league and the championship would beat us if we played like that. Nowt to do with the league.

HibbyDave
27-07-2023, 06:52 PM
The thing is the club worked all last season to qualify for Europe then the manager appears to consider the match a “get-fit” exercise.

Lee, either do your job and have them ready or step aside for a manager that will.

Not In The Know
27-07-2023, 06:52 PM

That’s exactly how Alex Ferguson would have welcomed them into the dressing room!

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 07:01 PM
That’s exactly how Alex Ferguson would have welcomed them into the dressing room!

...trust me, it would have been Archie Knox first :aok:

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Not going to happen, but they should.

They could easily offer them hospitality or a free ticket for the game at ER. Would be a nice gesture.

flash
27-07-2023, 07:20 PM

If they had three or four it would be tough to argue that it would have flattered them.

Your second sentence is just a bare faced lie.

flash
27-07-2023, 07:22 PM

Who films that? Weird.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2023, 07:23 PM

Shameful

https://www.hibs.net/blob:https://www.hibs.net/ee215ef3-2510-488b-b7b5-fa81d284643a

Still Smiling
27-07-2023, 07:37 PM
Who films that? Weird.

Fans are embarrassing. Can’t believe the level of verbal abuse.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 07:39 PM
Are we out?

As it stands, yes.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 07:43 PM
Who films that? Weird.

They've got every right to film that, they're the one who have spent the money going there to rewarded with pish yet again.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 07:44 PM
As it stands, yes.

As it stands, we are not :aok:

B.H.F.C
As it stands, yes.

No we’re no.

Hermit Crab
Fans are embarrassing. Can’t believe the level of verbal abuse.

Worst European result in our history. They got off lightly.

overdrive
27-07-2023, 07:47 PM

Yep. I think it is perfectly understandable the fans being angry. Especially the ones who have spent a small fortune to go to Andorra to watch the team.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 07:48 PM

The 'result' is after two legs :aok: dry your sheets.

Not In The Know
27-07-2023, 07:50 PM
Yep. I think it is perfectly understandable the fans being angry. Especially the ones who have spent a small fortune to go to Andorra to watch the team.

I don’t think it was that over the top. Hibs mean a lot to some folk. That performance was just as disrespectful. Every player walking past them wont forget that response for a while.

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 07:51 PM
I don’t think it was that over the top. Hibs mean a lot to some folk. That performance was just as disrespectful. Every player walking past them wont forget that response for a while.

I don’t think many of the players care tbh

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 08:07 PM

And you don't think the players felt it ? If a fan gave me that dogs abuse I'd quite happily offer them out :agree: they are human beings playing a game to win - they don't deserve that abuse, simple. It's football, sport, not life or death - anyone giving me that abuse would be sparkled in real day to day life :aok: do you verbally abuse your plumber because he doesn't fit your bathroom properly ? Do you stand outside your bank spitting vile abuse because you didn't get that overdraft? They would have reached for the Pampers if Rocky had offered them out.

Childish alcohol fuelled nonsense, end of. And posting on social media - attention seeking **** only saying 'we were there' IMO. Don't give that 'they care' **** - we all care, but how we conduct ourselves is more important. Whoever posted it is an embarrassment..

To use a Wee Gordon analogy, I've a quiche going out of date tonight that I have to cook, that's more important right now than a football result. (salmon and broccoli for those interested :greengrin)

Hibernia&Alba
27-07-2023, 08:15 PM
They could easily offer them hospitality or a free ticket for the game at ER. Would be a nice gesture.

Aye, that's a good idea. A wee something.

Gatecrasher
27-07-2023, 08:16 PM

Well done, get them telt.

Crunchie
27-07-2023, 08:33 PM
Are we out?
You could be forgiven for thinking that with all the histrionics on here, it's only half time.

flash
27-07-2023, 08:37 PM
They've got every right to film that, they're the one who have spent the money going there to rewarded with pish yet again.

Let's film ourselves abusing our players then put it on social media.

Nah that's weird.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 08:37 PM
The 'result' is after two legs :aok: dry your sheets.

Dry my sheets, aye no bother, we've just lost to an amateur team of posties, tradesmen and farmers. In the history books it will say we lost that game 2-1. The single worst full time result in our entire European history. We might still go through but that doesn't take away the embarrassment of losing that game. We are a laughing stock on social media platforms, not to mention our city neighbours having a good laugh too.

This is the problem, Hibs fans happy all to accept that today. You may not be bothered but I am not willing to accept that and fully believe LJ should be sacked for it. An utter disgrace.

babahibs
27-07-2023, 08:38 PM
That video's pretty embarrassing tbh, shouting and screaming like a hysterical nutter isn't really how to behave, doesn't matter where you are.
It's half time of a 2 legged tie ffs.
Too many beers in the sun I reckon.
We'll turn it round next week, easily.

He's here!
27-07-2023, 08:39 PM
This

The time to complain is when we are knocked out and not a moment sooner.

Fair play to the cloggers from Andorra, they’v deserved their result tonight.
Next week will be a totally different game.

They weren't cloggers by any means. They played better football than Hibs did.

Crunchie
27-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Dry my sheets, aye no bother, we've just lost to an amateur team of posties, tradesmen and farmers. In the history books it will say we lost that game 2-1. The single worst full time result in our entire European history. We might still go through but that doesn't take away the embarrassment of losing that game. We are a laughing stock on social media platforms, not to mention our city neighbours having a good laugh too.

This is the problem, Hibs fans happy all to accept that today. You may not be bothered but I am not willing to accept that and fully believe LJ should be sacked for it. An utter disgrace.
Has it ever dawned on you that you may be supporting the wrong team? A laughing stock on social media he cries :faf::faf:

Bridge hibs
27-07-2023, 08:42 PM

Aw the big bad hearts fans are laughing at us, ****ing supposed grown ups on a hibs fans forum bubbling about hearts fans laughing at us 🤣🤣

The day I ever get upset about other fans laughing will be the day I jack in football for good

Jim44
27-07-2023, 08:43 PM
The team deserves the roasting it’s getting from most folk on here. Yes, there’s every chance we might show some urgency in the home game and go on to win the tie, but today’s result and performance should not be swept under the carpet.

27-07-2023, 08:44 PM

Let's see you prove it.

No Hibs fans are happy to accept that. You're making it up.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 08:45 PM

Our city neighbours got pumped out of Europe by a Maltese club over two legs (losing at home) and lost to a Highland League team - let them laugh, the game is two legs, see after next week who is smiling :aok: multi million pound Rangers and Celtic teams lost to teams from Luxembourg and Slovakia over two legs, Aberdeen, Well, and other have lost to minnows over two legs - **** happens - hope the next few days are windy to dry your sheets as I said :aok: See what happens after the overall tie before wetting your bed.

Oh and **** the Hearts :aok:

Crunchie
27-07-2023, 08:46 PM
Our city neighbours got pumped out of Europe by a Maltese club over two legs (losing at home) and lost to a Highland League team - let them laugh, the game is two legs, see after next week who is smiling :aok: multi million pound Rangers and Celtic teams lost to teams from Luxembourg and Slovakia over two legs, Aberdeen, Well, and other have lost to minnows over two legs - **** happens - hope the next few days are windy to dry your sheets as I said :aok: See what happens after the overall tie before wetting your bed.

Oh and **** the Hearts :aok:
:top marks

Diclonius
27-07-2023, 08:47 PM
A 2-1 defeat away at Inter? That's a fantastic result! ER will be rocking for the return leg.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 08:47 PM
Has it ever dawned on you that you may be supporting the wrong team? A laughing stock on social media he cries :faf::faf:

Aw the big bad hearts fans are laughing at us, ****ing supposed grown ups on a hibs fans forum bubbling about hearts fans laughing at us 🤣🤣

The day I ever get upset about other fans laughing will be the day I jack in football for good

This is my point about accepting mediocre pish. Submissive fans.

JimBHibees
27-07-2023, 08:48 PM
Who films that? Weird.

Yep look at me I am the angriest. Pathetic level of abuse.

flash
27-07-2023, 08:51 PM

Supporters not fans.

It's a subtle distinction I doubt you will ever appreciate.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Yep look at me I am the angriest. Pathetic level of abuse.

Ken what’s pathetic? A bunch of full time professional, in some cases international, footballers getting beat by some PE teachers and joiners. Sack the ****in lot of them, play the kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
27-07-2023, 08:52 PM

We've lost a match 2-1 but have the opportunity to put that right. If we win 3-0 at ER, history will ignore the first game. That's a long long way from losing the tie, so we don't need to get ahead of ourselves. I don't see any Hibs fan "happy to accept that". It's unacceptable .... but correctable. The concern IMO is not beating the Andorrans over 2 legs but the horrible quality of the first 11 we saw tonight. That midfield is horrid. Who's going to create goals, who's going to score score goals ? How bad is Marshall ? WTF is Johnson doing ? If Johnson is happy and thinks this is HIS team, he'll not see Xmas at ER.

Jones28
27-07-2023, 08:53 PM
I don’t think many of the players care tbh

I think one thing you couldn’t accuse that squad of is not caring.

Bridge hibs
This is my point about accepting mediocre pish. Submissive fans.What the **** are you on about, please show me one single post where I have said I am accepting mediocre pish

I am talking about you and others bubbling your eyes out about the big bad hearts fans laughing at us, you are an adult ffs yet your worried about some fans laughing at us, and jambos of all people 🤣🤣

ErinGoBraghHFC
We've lost a match 2-1 but have the opportunity to put that right. If we win 3-0 at ER, history will ignore the first game. That's a long long way from losing the tie, so we don't need to get ahead of ourselves. I don't see any Hibs fan "happy to accept that". It's unacceptable .... but correctable. The concern IMO is not beating the Andorrans over 2 legs but the horrible quality of the first 11 we saw tonight. That midfield is horrid. Who's going to create goals, who's going to score score goals ? How bad is Marshall ? WTF is Johnson doing ? If Johnson is happy and thinks this is HIS team, he'll not see Xmas at ER.

Johnson shouldn’t see midnight never mind Xmas

e2los
27-07-2023, 08:54 PM
Who films that? Weird.

That was horrific/shameful to watch.

I can't imagine how that can motivate our players.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 08:55 PM

That idiot Johnson wont see a week tomorrow if we don't turn this tie around. He better be under no illusion that his job hinges on us going through.

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 08:55 PM
I think one thing you couldn’t accuse that squad of is not caring.

Interesting. Going by what I saw today I really don’t think many of them do. Most do not deserve to be playing at a club like Hibs

He's here!
27-07-2023, 08:56 PM
And you don't think the players felt it ? If a fan gave me that dogs abuse I'd quite happily offer them out :agree: they are human beings playing a game to win - they don't deserve that abuse, simple. It's football, sport, not life or death - anyone giving me that abuse would be sparkled in real day to day life :aok: do you verbally abuse your plumber because he doesn't fit your bathroom properly ? Do you stand outside your bank spitting vile abuse because you didn't get that overdraft? They would have reached for the Pampers if Rocky had offered them out.

Childish alcohol fuelled nonsense, end of. And posting on social media - attention seeking **** only saying 'we were there' IMO. Don't give that 'they care' **** - we all care, but how we conduct ourselves is more important. Whoever posted it is an embarrassment..

To use a Wee Gordon analogy, I've a quiche going out of date tonight that I have to cook, that's more important right now than a football result. (salmon and broccoli for those interested :greengrin)

The players can hardly have expected to be applauded off after that though? Sure, it's not healthy to let football results become all consuming but that really was a disgraceful display and I think the players and management deserve to take it on the chin.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 08:57 PM
What the **** are you on about, please show me one single post where I have said I am accepting mediocre pish

I am talking about you and others bubbling your eyes out about the big bad hearts fans laughing at us, you are an adult ffs yet your worried about some fans laughing at us, and jambos of all people 🤣🤣

They lost to Brora and Birkikara and how we laughed, we've just topped that tonight. Thats the issue, irrespective if we get through or not. We have outdone them yet again with a spectacular failure.

DaveF
That was horrific/shameful to watch.

I can't imagine how that can motivate our players.

I imagine it'll be laughed off by them and forgotten about already. I wouldn't worry about losing motivation as they had none in them during this evenings game to lose.

Solonleith1
Interesting. Going by what I saw today I really don’t think many of them do. Most do not deserve to be playing at a club like Hibs

I'd agree with this. The lack of urgency was pretty galling when behind. Newell and Youan when he wasn't spraying balls off the park or running into trouble, were the only only two that looked keen to drive the team forward in my opinion.

Hibernian Verse
27-07-2023, 09:00 PM
They lost to Brora and Birkikara and how we laughed, we've just topped that tonight. Thats the issue, irrespective if we get through or not. We have outdone them yet again with a spectacular failure.

They went out to Birkirkara and Brora. We are not out yet.

pacoluna
27-07-2023, 09:01 PM

Rodgers got beat first leg in Gibraltar, it's a 2 leg tie.

27-07-2023, 09:02 PM

Other than your posts on here, what have you done that isn't (in your words) accepting mediocre pish and being submissive? Please enlighten us so we know what we should be doing.

Bridge hibs
27-07-2023, 09:03 PM
They lost to Brora and Birkikara and how we laughed, we've just topped that tonight. Thats the issue, irrespective if we get through or not. We have outdone them yet again with a spectacular failure.Yet here you are getting aw upset about them having a good old giggle at us

I honestly couldnt give a **** what they think because you know what, another laugh at their expense is probably just around the corner

**** the hearts

Onion
27-07-2023, 09:05 PM

It's a shocker, no question. But you're being a tad over-dramatic. Winning the 2 legged tie is what matters - just like any cup game. Lure the rest of the Conference League elite into a false sense of " we hope we draw Hibs" :greengrin

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:06 PM
Ken what’s pathetic? A bunch of full time professional, in some cases international, footballers getting beat by some PE teachers and joiners. Sack the ****in lot of them, play the kids

We lost in 1998 fielding a team of internationals and great players and the winner was scored by a carpet fitter from Penicuik - your point ?

That's the ups and downs of football mate, its why we love it and loathe it in equal measure. But not worth the froth.

Potty78
27-07-2023, 09:06 PM

Nonsense, we have a chance to progress still, hearts never. Awful result that hopefully we'll turn round.

7Hero
27-07-2023, 09:09 PM

Agreed. Kensall overseeing a terrible period of footballing inadequacy, all the Fancy award winning corporate facilities and greenest club in the country fanfare mean nothing when the manager and team are absolute pony, doesn't help we employed a director of football recommended by the manager and the 2 of them are pals.

Tough decsions ahead for Kensall and McDermott regards Johnson and equally tough decision for the Gordon's to empty Ben.,

Only tough decisions to them right enough, most of us would have done it already...

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:14 PM
We lost in 1998 fielding a team of internationals and great players and the winner was scored by a carpet fitter from Penicuik - your point ?

That's the ups and downs of football mate, its why we love it and loathe it in equal measure. But not worth the froth.

Ah that’s fine then, we made a complete **** of ourselves 25 years ago too so it’s fine

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:14 PM
The players can hardly have expected to be applauded off after that though? Sure, it's not healthy to let football results become all consuming but that really was a disgraceful display and I think the players and management deserve to take it on the chin.

Totally agree, but I'm not for waiting behind and spouting abuse at players simply because they didn't win a game of football. Spending money travelling doesn't give anyone a divine right to abuse anyone, let alone feel great filming it. It's not support, it's utterly childish and knuckle dragging behaviour for me. Says more about their sad lives than anything. Have a moan and rant at the game, okay, but to wait and abuse players coming off the pitch - nah, that's **** patter IMO.coming

Trinity Hibee
27-07-2023, 09:16 PM
Totally agree, but I'm not for waiting behind and spouting abuse at players simply because they didn't win a game of football. Spending money travelling doesn't give anyone a divine right to abuse anyone, let alone feel great filming it. It's not support, it's utterly childish and knuckle dragging behaviour for me. Says more about their sad lives than anything. Have a moan and rant at the game, okay, but to wait and abuse players coming off the pitch - nah, that's **** patter IMO.coming

What exactly do you think has happened at all football games for over 100 years? What they did is no different to every other week of football. You may say that doesn’t make it right but let’s not get on a high horse here ffs.

babahibs
27-07-2023, 09:18 PM

Did we get knocked out tonight?,

The answer is no, no we didn't.

It's only half time.

My prediction is we win the TIE 5 - 2.

Is that a failure?

Since452
27-07-2023, 09:18 PM

Ours is more akin to Celtic losing to Lincoln Red Imps of Gibraltar in the first leg. They pumped them at home. Let's hope for the same.

DaveF
27-07-2023, 09:19 PM

It's not just because we lost though is it? I mean, we have all seen Hibs lose before...

The manner of the performance has so much to do with it. Had we lost 2-1 but had 25 efforts on goal, everyone would have done exactly what you said - had moan over a beer.

That didn't happen and the players and Johnson need to accept their part on it all rather than piling blame onto 10 or so fans who were a wee bit OTT.

B.H.F.C
27-07-2023, 09:20 PM
That idiot Johnson wont see a week tomorrow if we don't turn this tie around. He better be under no illusion that his job hinges on us going through.

But it doesn’t. If we get knocked out (which we won’t) he’ll not get the sack.

He’s been on terrible runs, had the double derby defeat in January and survived that. He’s just been heavily backed in this window. He no going anywhere any time soon.

Is that what this is all about? Can't handle it when they laugh back at us? That's how football banter works, they laugh at us when we're s***e and we laugh at them when they're s***e. You're just playing into their hands by letting them get to you.

e2los
I don't understand all the hate for our players,

I can't recall us ever wining easily.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:27 PM
What exactly do you think has happened at all football games for over 100 years? What they did is no different to every other week of football. You may say that doesn’t make it right but let’s not get on a high horse here ffs.

How about common decency and respect ? It's not 'on a high horse', it's simply treating people with a wee bit of respect - they play for the (our) club, they don't set out to lose, they try their best, and **** happens sometimes. Does that give anyone the right, purely because they've paid for a ticket, to abuse them ?

No high horses here, just common decency and respect mate :aok:

babahibs
27-07-2023, 09:29 PM
I don't understand all the hate for our players,

I can't recall us ever wining easily.

I'll never understand shouting abuse at Hibs players, that's not supporting them.

I encourage and support Hibs players.

I shout abuse at opposition players, I don't support them.

It seems pretty simple to me.

JohnM1875
27-07-2023, 09:32 PM
I'll never understand shouting abuse at Hibs players, that's not supporting them.

Have to admit it's never been my cup of tea. But then again, I'm a 35 year old adult.

Linesman though? Fair game.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:32 PM

I’ll encourage and support hibs players, no bother. In return I expect not to be gubbed in Andorra. They didn’t hold up their end of the bargain, **** them.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:35 PM
I’ll encourage and support hibs players, no bother. In return I expect not to be gubbed in Andorra. They didn’t hold up their end of the bargain, **** them.

Do you wait behind at games and hurl abuse at them if we lose (any game)?

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 09:35 PM

Player contracts should be laid out in such a way where they only get a full weeks wages if they win. Half wages for a draw and quarter wages for a defeat. I bet they'd try harder then. They're not giving a donald duck as they get paid full whack regardless of embarrassing defeats. If the club had balls they'd all be fined for that performance today.

Swedish hibee
27-07-2023, 09:37 PM
It is very embarrassing of course. Shameful performance. But, we've still to play them next week. We can do this👍

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:38 PM

Any game? No. Had I been there today? Absolutely.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:39 PM
Player contracts should be laid out in such a way where they only get a full weeks wages if they win. Half wages for a draw and quarter wages for a defeat. I bet they'd try harder then. They're not giving a donald duck as they get paid full whack regardless of embarrassing defeats. If the club had balls they'd all fined for that performance today.

**** off you're trolling now - so if you under perform at your work (for any reason, and there are loads of underlying reasons why) would you accept half pay - GTF :aok: why are footballers any different to you and I ? You post utter pish HC

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:41 PM

Shame on you then - take up yoga, release the stress :aok:

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:42 PM
Shame on you then - take up yoga, release the stress :aok:

The shame is very much on the players and Lee Johnson

eastterrace
27-07-2023, 09:42 PM
Player contracts should be laid out in such a way where they only get a full weeks wages if they win. Half wages for a draw and quarter wages for a defeat. I bet they'd try harder then. They're not giving a donald duck as they get paid full whack regardless of embarrassing defeats. If the club had balls they'd all be fined for that performance today.
You wouldn’t get many players signing for us on these terms, you do come out with some crackpot ideas at times.

flash
27-07-2023, 09:43 PM

Right you are then.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:43 PM

Sorry mate but… no. That’s ridiculous.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:45 PM
The shame is very much on the players and Lee Johnson

Win next week, get through, it's yesterday's fish and chip paper - too many utter bet wetters on here tonight. I agree with LJ on this, calm down :aok:

Lendo
27-07-2023, 09:46 PM

:faf::faf:

He's here!
27-07-2023, 09:46 PM

Football doesn't lend itself easily to putting things in perspective tho. When I was younger a Hibs defeat had the capacity to ruin the rest of my weekend - and beyond if it was an especially painful loss. I actually took a step back from the game some years ago to ensure a better balance to my life and thanks to that I can let results like today's wash over me to a large extent. As you say, there are far more worthwhile things to focus on. However, the tribal nature of the game is such that for many it's not like walking away from, say, a cricket, tennis or rugby match or a golf tournament where you can have a good day out and not sweat too much about the final outcome. You can even sit back and admire sport for sport's sake. A football team though runs in the blood and I think its harsh to say people's lives are sad if they get that angry about what they were served up today. We may not be the biggest club in the world but we are a proud one with a great history and there will be plenty of fans whose lives largely revolve around its fortunes. Those who play for Hibs and manage them should understand that passions will sometimes overflow when they fall far below expectations.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 09:48 PM
Win next week, get through, it's yesterday's fish and chip paper - too many utter bet wetters on here tonight. I agree with LJ on this, calm down :aok:

Win next week and Lee Johnson still has a loss against a bunch of Andorran tradesmen on his CV, changes **** all other than an extra bit of money to spend on dross

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:52 PM
Football doesn't lend itself easily to putting things in perspective tho. When I was younger a Hibs defeat had the capacity to ruin the rest of my weekend - and beyond if it was an especially painful loss. I actually took a step back from the game some years ago to ensure a better balance to my life and thanks to that I can let results like today's wash over me to a large extent. As you say, there are far more worthwhile things to focus on. However, the tribal nature of the game is such that for many it's not like walking away from, say, a cricket, tennis or rugby match or a golf tournament where you can have a good day out and not sweat too much about the final outcome. You can even sit back and admire sport for sport's sake. A football team though runs in the blood and I think its harsh to say people's lives are sad if they get that angry about what they were served up today. We may not be the biggest club in the world but we are a proud one with a great history and there will be plenty of fans whose lives largely revolve around its fortunes. Those who play for Hibs and manage them should understand that passions will sometimes overflow when they fall far below expectations.

Very good (and heartfelt) post mate, and undoubtedly most would agree. It's a very emotive game, more so than many, but I would never stay behind to hurl abuse at any Hibs player - they've earned the right to play for my club, I respect that, and admittedly I'll be loud at games in my 'criticism', I just don't see the need to abuse any player (or staff member) - I know first hand the work that every level of the club do, they certainly don't merit me hurling abuse at them.

It's half time in this game, here's hoping we come out second half and pump them :aok:

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Win next week and Lee Johnson still has a loss against a bunch of Andorran tradesmen on his CV, changes **** all other than an extra bit of money to spend on dross

Win next week we are into the next round of a European competition - that's all that matters :aok: Brendan Rodgers has a loss against Lincoln Red Imps - he won trebles and went to the EPL.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2023, 10:01 PM
That's sport, that's football, it's littered with bad results - you pay your money, you take your chances, don't travel if you think it's a given and when it doesn't go our way and we don't get the result you want then. Spending money and travelling to support the team doesn't come with the condition that you are allowed to freely verbally abuse people if it goes against us :aok:

Not shying away from what is a terrible result but it's only 'half time' - save all that venting if we go out next week - even then, can't understand why people think it's okay to spout utter bile at our players.

I think we're all allowed to call out a ***** performance whether we go through or not.

And that was absolutely *****.

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 10:08 PM
I think we're all allowed to call out a ***** performance whether we go through or not.

And that was absolutely *****.

By all means, call it out amongst yourselves - but don't abuse players and staff and film it thinking that is okay :aok: I'd have planted the boy with the camera :aok:

superbam
27-07-2023, 10:09 PM

Thats a fine summary of where many are at and will always be, it's the way of things. No one should be quick to condemn a visceral reaction to that result, especially among those who actually travelled. The other side of the coin is that when hibs win, it's magic. We should expect an understanding of that from those who put the jersey on, at a minimum.

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 10:10 PM
By all means, call it out amongst yourselves - but don't abuse players and staff and film it thinking that is okay :aok: I'd have planted the boy with the camera :aok:

Bet you wouldn’t have, like realistically

truehibernian
27-07-2023, 10:13 PM
Bet you wouldn’t have, like realistically

Oh in my past I bet I would, too busy now with yoga and quiche :aok: but I'll guarantee I would have :agree:

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 10:25 PM
Oh in my past I bet I would, too busy now with yoga and quiche :aok: but I'll guarantee I would have :agree:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/jn21b1FXsZg011z88p/giphy.gif

27-07-2023, 10:29 PM

ErinGoBraghHFC
27-07-2023, 10:32 PM

Leith Green
27-07-2023, 10:33 PM
What worries me most is Lee johnsons reaction after the match his comments during interviews were absolutely ridiculous .. Im not really in a position one way or another wether or not he is the right man to take us forwards .. For a Hibernian manager to lead us through arguably the worst result in our clubs entire history and respond the way he has is a complete embarrassment in itself. That today for me was a worse result and performance than any other in My 42 years following Hibs , and lets be honest there are a fair few of those in that timeframe. Its like he doesn’t realise the magnitude of what has just happened .

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2023, 10:34 PM
Supporters not fans.

It's a subtle distinction I doubt you will ever appreciate.

He goes to enough games to have an opinion compared to most on here.

Hermit Crab
27-07-2023, 10:38 PM
What worries me most is Lee johnsons reaction after the match his comments during interviews were absolutely ridiculous .. Im not really in a position one way or another wether or not he is the right man to take us forwards .. For a Hibernian manager to lead us through arguably the worst result in our clubs entire history and respond the way he has is a complete embarrassment in itself. That today for me was a worse result and performance than any other in My 42 years following Hibs , and lets be honest there are a fair few of those in that timeframe. Its like he doesn’t realise the magnitude of what has just happened .

Blaming the altitude, heard it all now.

cabbageandribs1875
27-07-2023, 10:41 PM

:fishin: :)

i think anyway :deal:

Chorley Hibee
27-07-2023, 10:44 PM

The only, even slightly, redeeming feature would have been to come out, hold his hands up, and say that the result/performance was completely unacceptable and wouldn't be tolerated going forward.

His litany of pathetic excuses just heap further embarrassment on the club and show him up for the joke figure he is.

WhileTheChief..
27-07-2023, 10:48 PM

In the past, clubs paid lower basic wages but with bigger win bonuses. That's effectively what you'e calling for I think?

Not sure what's wrong with incentive based pay. Seems fair to me and we'll be doing it to a certain extent. Maybe just need to adjust the starting point.

A couple of years ago we were all laughing at Hearts for Budge's way of offering big basic wages instead.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2023, 11:05 PM
I only saw the first half, thankfully, but in that 45 minutes it's as poor a performance as I've seen in recent years. Pre match Hibs had gone on about how narrow the pitch was, so narrow it turns out we couldn't keep the ball on it, I don't think I've ever seen so many balls passed off the park in one half of football by people who are actually paid to play the game.

It is an embarrassing result and performance that fans. especially the ones who travelled, have a bloody right to be angry about, but at the end of the day we are only a goal down with another 90 minutes to come at Easter Road.

Make no mistake about it though, it doesn't matter what folk's opinion is of the Hibs fans reaction at the end of the game, if there is any player taking the pet over it they had better get over it damned quick, because they bloody well deserved it. Aye it's only a game of football, but it's a game that gets folk so emotionally involved they are prepared to take time off work, spend a bloody fortune and travel for hours and hours just to watch a 2nd round tie in a competition we have absolutely no chance of winning ... no bloody wonder folk over reacted ( if that's even what it was ) not to the result, but the inept performance, which was absolutely miles below what this club, and it's fans, are entitled to expect against this level of opposition.

Anyway, as I said. We have the opportunity to set things straight next week and if we do this result will be quickly forgotten. Fail to do so and I won't blame any fan who calls for the manager's head, his cup record since joining this club is abysmal.
If he seriously thinks adding a European exit at the hands of Andorra's 2nd best club, where we have the 2nd leg at home, to failing to get out of a 'gimmie' group in last season's league cup and a 0 - 3 thumping at home to Hearts in the 4th round of the Scottish is the way to keep his job, he truly is the slaver some folk say he is.

Today was totally unacceptable ... get it sorted Hibs, where the **** is your pride FFS !!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-07-2023, 11:10 PM

That would've worked out well for you.

tamig
27-07-2023, 11:14 PM
I’ve been following for longer than you. That was embarrassing today but doubt it would make my top five worst ever.

Glory Lurker
27-07-2023, 11:27 PM
I’ve been following for longer than you. That was embarrassing today but doubt it would make my top five worst ever.

That's true because it's only half time. But, in terms of a first half performance this is Irvine Meadow stuff.

Leith Green
27-07-2023, 11:39 PM

Im genuinely not wanting to into the finer details, but losing to this lot today cant have been far from the worst. I get that there are defeats along the way that have probably been more hurtful, livi cup final ,Hearts 5-1 , hamilton play off final to name a few . But in terms of quality of club , size of club . Size of nation etc etc this I find most humiliating and definitely worst result i can remember

Criswell
27-07-2023, 11:44 PM
Thankfully, they've got the opportunity to redeem themselves next week. Failure to do so is unthinkable!

Since452
28-07-2023, 05:46 AM
It's just another result to add to the embarrassing results for Scottish clubs in Europe.

Celtic v Lincoln Red Imps
Aberdeen v Bohemians
Hearts v Birkikna
Killie. Connahs Key Nomads
Motherwell v Glentoran
Rangers v Progress

There's probably more. At least we have a chance to turn it around. HT in the tie.

overdrive
28-07-2023, 05:55 AM

In his interview on Wednesday, he said he was worried about the altitude (and various other things, eg the pitch and the weather) before they travelled but now he was there he wasn’t worried at all as they weren’t an issue. He even said something along the lines of “so that’s all the excuses gone”.

Then we turn out to be crap and he’s using as an excuse the stuff he has previously said he couldn’t use as an excuse.

The guy is an idiot.

6-2MAGIC
28-07-2023, 07:58 AM
Look the reality is we will steam roll that team next week at ER guaranteed. The fact that we lost 2-1 to a Sunday league team is utterly unacceptable, performance wise we looked horrendous. No point in me slagging off the management or players/new players - but since last season I have always said LJ isn't the man for Hibs the recruitment the past few seasons has been shocking as well, I have stood by that view for months now. If Lennon was the manager that result would never happen or be tolerated.

jacomo
28-07-2023, 08:15 AM

Oh stop it.

Jones28
28-07-2023, 08:23 AM
It's just another result to add to the embarrassing results for Scottish clubs in Europe.

Aberdeen v Bohemians
Hearts v Birkikna
Motherwell v Glentoran
Rangers v Progress

There's probably more. At least we have a chance to turn it around. HT in the tie.

We're not the first Scottish club to have a stinker in Europe and wont be the last.

As you say, we've gone in 2-1 down at half time. It's very recoverable.

He's here!
28-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Im genuinely not wanting to into the finer details, but losing to this lot today cant have been far from the worst. I get that there are defeats along the way that have probably been more hurtful, livi cup final ,Hearts 5-1 , hamilton play off final to name a few . But in terms of quality of club , size of club . Size of nation etc etc this I find most humiliating and definitely worst result i can remember

That's the point I think. Had we been in control of the game and Inter had scored via a couple of freakish goals you could let it pass but Inter were actually the better side. It was embarrassing to watch.

Based on that I'm not sure I share the confidence of those saying we'll breeze through next week.

tamig
28-07-2023, 08:37 AM

I did say it was embarrassing but we’re still in the competition - for now. Various knock-out cup defeats over the years have been far more painful for me - the likes of the two recent St J defeats. We blew a tremendous opportunity to win two trophies there. Aberdeen semi in 2000 when we never really showed up and they were rank. I’m disappointed with yesterday’s result, its a black mark in our history, but nothing is lost by it yet.

BroxburnHibee
28-07-2023, 08:43 AM
In his interview on Wednesday, he said he was worried about the altitude (and various other things, eg the pitch and the weather) before they travelled but now he was there he wasn’t worried at all as they weren’t an issue. He even said something along the lines of “so that’s all the excuses gone”.

Then we turn out to be crap and he’s using as an excuse the stuff he has previously said he couldn’t use as an excuse.

The guy is an idiot.

Yep and it's not the first time he's contradicted himself. He's a slaver

worcesterhibby
28-07-2023, 09:19 AM
That's the point I think. Had we been in control of the game and Inter had scored via a couple of freakish goals you could let it pass but Inter were actually the better side. It was embarrassing to watch.

Based on that I'm not sure I share the confidence of those saying we'll breeze through next week.

I didn’t think they were the better side. They maybe edged the first half, but we were much the better side in the second, despite the fact that we still played utterly crap. We need to stop playing Marshall in goals and get our best players on the pitch. Next week with Fish in the defence, Obita at left back and Boyle as an attacking right winger we will turn them over.

im not saying for a second that the performance was acceptable, it was utter pish.

Bushwoof
28-07-2023, 09:37 AM

Aberdeen v Bohemians
Hearts v Birkikna
Motherwell v Glentoran
Rangers v Progress

Motherwell v Sligo Rovers?

There's a lot of understandable angst around at the moment, but let's wait until the 2nd leg before going off on one. If we lose that then by all means burn down the stadium, but we're not a laughing stock yet, merely a figure of fun, as Celtc were after their Gibraltar horror.

Not In The Know
28-07-2023, 09:44 AM

Well said!

You just need to pick a few adjectives out from any headline in the press. Calamitous and embarrassing to name two. That’s exactly what the manager and players have brought upon this club. They deserve everything said against them.

He's here!
28-07-2023, 09:55 AM
I didn’t think they were the better side. They maybe edged the first half, but we were much the better side in the second, despite the fact that we still played utterly crap. We need to stop playing Marshall in goals and get our best players on the pitch. Next week with Fish in the defence, Obita at left back and Boyle as an attacking right winger we will turn them over.

im not saying for a second that the performance was acceptable, it was utter pish.

I only saw the second half so we must have been REALLY crap in the first! I thought we looked a bit more urgent/threatening in the very late stages but to me it seemed Inter always looked more threatening going forward and despite Marshall's mistake there was a sense that their second goal was coming. Their passing/possession was tidier and while we may have had more of the ball we did little more than mis-hit passes and launch hopeful balls forward.

Smartie
28-07-2023, 10:03 AM
I only saw the second half so we must have been REALLY crap in the first! I thought we looked a bit more urgent/threatening in the very late stages but to me it seemed Inter always looked more threatening going forward and despite Marshall's mistake there was a sense that their second goal was coming. Their passing/possession was tidier and while we may have had more of the ball we did little more than mis-hit passes and launch hopeful balls forward.

The first half was the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen from a Hibs side, genuinely atrocious.

I know folk are unhappy about the excuses but after the match Joe Newell mentioned the wind, which we had going our way in the first half. That went a long way to making us overhit a lot of our longer passes and I think Johnson wanted us to play a direct style and get in behind them. In the second half that became a bit more straightforward with the ball holding up more but we were just so far off it it still wasn't in the ball park of acceptable.

Donegal Hibby
28-07-2023, 10:12 AM
Well said!

You just need to pick a few adjectives out from any headline in the press. Calamitous and embarrassing to name two. That’s exactly what the manager and players have brought upon this club. They deserve everything said against them.
If the fans want to boo the team and manager that's fine even though it's not for me but what they got from fans was nothing more than abuse and imo that's not on and is totally unacceptable .

Since452
28-07-2023, 10:26 AM
The players have a chance to get some credibility back next week. If they don't, and god forbid we go out to this lot (who deserve a lot of credit by the way) then each and every one of them including the manager will deserve every bit of criticism that comes their way. I don't just want to win next week, i want to win well and by a big margin. It's the least they can do. Over to you Hibs. Sort it the **** out.

jacomo
28-07-2023, 01:06 PM
The first half was the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen from a Hibs side, genuinely atrocious.

I know folk are unhappy about the excuses but after the match Joe Newell mentioned the wind, which we had going our way in the first half. That went a long way to making us overhit a lot of our longer passes and I think Johnson wanted us to play a direct style and get in behind them. In the second half that became a bit more straightforward with the ball holding up more but we were just so far off it it still wasn't in the ball park of acceptable.

If that’s the case, I don’t know if it’s the manager getting it wrong or players lacking the intelligence to adapt to the conditions.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2023, 04:21 PM

What does not accepting yesterdays result get you that those who've accepted it dont?

Keepthefaith
28-07-2023, 04:30 PM
What does not accepting yesterdays result get you that those who've accepted it dont?

Not accepting mediocrity at all, and agree that the performance ( in some ways more than the result for me) was truly awful. However for some context were not alone and at least we still have a chance at redemption....so long as we don't capitulate at home 😬

Second half v Groningen I thought we looked good yes it's a friendly but you could see cohesion and ability. I think the club would accept the wrath of the fans and Newell I thought spoke well...did ask the question of where the hell Hanlon was though.

Think we need to keep the faith, we have fish back, Boyle to come in and a striker incoming. IMO the midfield answers may come from our talented youth, time to give them a chance??

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/gallery/9-worst-ever-european-results-27416578

He's here!
28-07-2023, 04:54 PM
Not accepting mediocrity at all, and agree that the performance ( in some ways more than the result for me) was truly awful. However for some context were not alone and at least we still have a chance at redemption....so long as we don't capitulate at home 😬

Second half v Groningen I thought we looked good yes it's a friendly but you could see cohesion and ability. I think the club would accept the wrath of the fans and Newell I thought spoke well...did ask the question of where the hell Hanlon was though.

Think we need to keep the faith, we have fish back, Boyle to come in and a striker incoming. IMO the midfield answers may come from our talented youth, time to give them a chance??

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/gallery/9-worst-ever-european-results-27416578

The number of players who come through from the youth set-up and nail down a place is very low. Same at all clubs I think but it would be nice to bring a few more home-grown players through for sure. Are managers wary of giving them a chance or is it just a fact that very few youth players make it at bigger clubs?

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2023, 05:30 PM

I'm not even sure what any of that highlighted bit means? :wink: I've yet to see anyone say that the performance was anything but awful, in fact i posted on one of the threads last night that i cant remember a worse performance since i started going nearly 60 years ago.

Not accepting it, accepting it, it makes no difference to the result, no difference to next weeks result, it's just a way of saying i'm hurting more than the next fan.

Allant1981
28-07-2023, 08:23 PM

I actually thought the same watching his interview, the captain should be the one being asked the questions, even if newell wanted to the captain should have said no I'll do it, that's what being a captain is about

ErinGoBraghHFC
28-07-2023, 08:28 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what was with the tape over the Eden Mill sponsor on the back of the top? Could we seriously not have had player spec jerseys made without that sponsor specially for European competition? All a bit amateur

JimBHibees
29-07-2023, 08:08 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what was with the tape over the Eden Mill sponsor on the back of the top? Could we seriously not have had player spec jerseys made without that sponsor specially for European competition? All a bit amateur

I would suggest the least of our concerns from Thursday :greengrin

Never even noticed it :wink:

29-07-2023, 10:02 PM

That explains why they were hitting it further, like when I put lead tape on the back of my 5 iron.

ErinGoBraghHFC
29-07-2023, 10:20 PM
That explains why they were hitting it further, like when I put lead tape on the back of my 5 iron.

Just make sure you paint it with metallic paint before any comps and we’ll say nothing, not that I’d ever do that

ErinGoBraghHFC
29-07-2023, 10:23 PM
I would suggest the least of our concerns from Thursday :greengrin

Never even noticed it :wink:

Definitely the least of our worries… but maybe indicative of how seriously the club are taking this competition?

WeeRussell
30-07-2023, 05:58 PM
Definitely the least of our worries… but maybe indicative of how seriously the club are taking this competition?

.. nah, I wouldn’t think so.

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2023, 06:37 PM

Considering the game wasn't even supposed to be on the telly, and wasn't apart from in Scotland, I doubt it was something we even thought about.

It will be interesting to see what happens if we make it to the next round though. How will UEFA look at our front of shirt advert, which though not for alcohol is still to a degree alcohol related, they haven't allowed alcohol adverts in their competitions for years. If Hibs do get through I'm guessing we will either have to play in blank shirts or get a Europe specific sponsor for however long we remain in the competition. Certainly cant cover the whole strip in sticky tape :greengrin

Smartie
30-07-2023, 06:48 PM
Considering the game wasn't even supposed to be on the telly, and wasn't apart from in Scotland, I doubt it was something we even thought about.

It will be interesting to see what happens if we make it to the next round though. How will UEFA look at our front of shirt advert, which though not for alcohol is still to a degree alcohol related, they haven't allowed alcohol adverts in their competitions for years. If Hibs do get through I'm guessing we will either have to play in blank shirts or get a Europe specific sponsor for however long we remain in the competition. Certainly cant cover the whole strip in sticky tape :greengrin

Does it not depend on where the game is played? I’m sure they’re strict on alcohol advertising in France but not so strict elsewhere, so we may not have to adapt everywhere we go. Not sure it’s a UEFA thing.

Hibernian Verse
30-07-2023, 06:50 PM
Article 27 Advertising restrictions
All advertising of tobacco and strong alcohol, (i.e. any beverage with an alcohol content of more than 15% abv unless the applicable domestic legislation sets a lower limit) is prohibited.

Any bans or restrictions imposed by the domestic legislation of the country in which a UEFA competition match is taking place also apply.

Teams must obtain written authorisation from the UEFA administration for all sponsor advertising in accordance with Article 6.

Eyrie
30-07-2023, 07:46 PM
So the Bevvy sponsorship must have been approved by UEFA under 27.03 then.

Hibernian Verse
30-07-2023, 07:48 PM

Yeah, the sponsor isn’t advertising alcohol as such.

30-07-2023, 07:51 PM

Can't we just tell UEFA they're not the main sponsor, they're the technical director of advertising or something?

H18 SFR
30-07-2023, 09:54 PM
Can't we just tell UEFA they're not the main sponsor, they're the technical director of advertising or something?

Could get that guy Dave in from Utilita to do an interview?