PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mbappe v PSG

Up-the-slope
22-07-2023, 10:39 AM
So who do we reckon the winner will be. tough one to call

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66275510

As long as he is willing to train / play / fulfill other contractual obligations - not sure what PSG can do other than hope freezing him out from playing will make him agree to leave this window.

If as rumoured he wants to go to Real then they are not going to pay much / anything to get him a year early if there has been contact with him saying he will sign pre-contract in Jan.

PSG owners do have deep pockets but having lost Messi for 'free' having shelled out massive wages / signing on fees... and Neymar another liability who is injured / petulant (or both) most of the time they really need to get big money for Mbappe or FFP will really hurt them

(personally would love to see him in same team as Haaland - just to see what they could do. Quite quietly there has been a lot of last few seasons key players part Man City this summer (and possibly 2 more to go) - if Pep can maintain momentum with a pretty sizable rebuild it would cement him as best manager I have seen)

Stubbsy90+2
22-07-2023, 10:42 AM
So who do we reckon the winner will be. tough one to call

As long as he is willing to train / play / fulfill other contractual obligations - not sure what PSG can do other than hope freezing him out from playing will make him agree to leave this window.

If as rumoured he wants to go to Real then they are not going to pay much / anything to get him a year early if there has been contact with him saying he will sign pre-contract in Jan.

PSG owners do have deep pockets but having lost Messi for 'free' having shelled out massive wages / signing on fees... and Neymar another liability who is injured / petulant (or both) most of the time they really need to get big money for Mbappe or FFP will really hurt them

(personally would love to see him in same team as Haaland - just to see what they could do. Quite quietly there has been a lot of last few seasons key players part Man City this summer (and possibly 2 more to go) - if Pep can maintain momentum with a pretty sizable rebuild it would cement him as best manager I have seen)

Think the guy is an utter bellend but agree, would be good to see him at Man City. Would have the potential to be the best forward line in football history.

AugustaHibs
22-07-2023, 10:43 AM
Think the guy is an utter bellend but agree, would be good to see him at Man City. Would have the potential to be the best forward line in football history.

Can’t see anything topping messi Suarez neymar

Stubbsy90+2
22-07-2023, 10:48 AM
Can’t see anything topping messi Suarez neymar

Good shout, they were excellent. Suppose the thing for Haaland and Mbappe if they’re played together is that they likely wouldn’t both continue with a goal a game style ratios. One of them (likely Mbappe) would have to take on a slightly different role and I don’t think he’d be accepting of that.

Pagan Hibernia
22-07-2023, 11:17 AM

possibly. But such a thing, as usual, would be down to opinion and completely unprovable

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2023, 11:25 AM
He has PSG completely over a barrel and it's quite hilarious.

Hibbyradge
22-07-2023, 11:41 AM
Greed.

Paul1642
22-07-2023, 11:53 AM
Really don’t like the guy. No matter your opinion on the Ronaldo / Messi debate both players had much more class than Mbappe.

No doubt he’s a top player but I can’t and probably won’t take to him.

MWHIBBIES
22-07-2023, 11:56 AM
Really don’t like the guy. No matter your opinion on the Ronaldo / Messi debate both players had much more class than Mbappe.

No doubt he’s a top player but I can’t and probably won’t take to him.

Eh. Ronaldo class? You sure?

Springbank
22-07-2023, 01:00 PM
The guy who might have a say in the Real Madrid saga is Vinicius Jr

Arguably the two best forwards in world football on that left flank are Mbappe & Vini Jr

Can't see them both being job share players

Torto7
22-07-2023, 01:03 PM
I hope he goes to Saudi and gets 10 mill as minute, 4 magic carpets and an entire herd of golden sandaled camels. He deserves it. Generational wealth etc. It's a short career. BLM.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2023, 01:11 PM
That's the bother with players who can pretty well pick who they want to play for. Mbappe is rich enough and young enough that he can sit on his erchie for a year waiting to join his beloved Real Madrid for nowt if that's his mind.

If I was PSG I would send him out on loan to some poxy wee Scottish club or something for that year ... not one of the giants, say the club who finished 5th last season, somebody like that :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
22-07-2023, 01:14 PM
He has PSG completely over a barrel and it's quite hilarious.

:agree:

Only one winner here. Mbappe can go wherever he wants, either on a free next summer or PSG will have to likely accept a vastly reduced fee seeing as they’re insistent he won’t leave for nothing. And even then, if he’d get more leaving for free next year he may well stay put.

Someone could get themselves a relative ‘bargain’ - and yes, I know that sounds daft saying that about the kind of fee and wages we’ll be talking about.

Up-the-slope
22-07-2023, 06:23 PM
sounds like most seem to think Mbappe is going to be 'the winner'... i'm interested why a good few seem to dislike him?

I have always thought of him as being a cut above Neymar / Ronaldo in terms of personality / character and being less likely to be on 'the front pages' as it were.

Real wont want to pay a fee for reasons already stated and also due to FFP (which I don't understand how they meet anyway over past few years)

Up-the-slope
22-07-2023, 08:09 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66279076

French football union wading in now... threatening legal action as PSG potentially breaking French Law by their treatment of Mbappe ...

Might need the popcorn for this one :greengrin

McSwanky
22-07-2023, 08:25 PM
More super rich vs super rich media chat. How tedious.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Alan62
22-07-2023, 10:52 PM

Cough. Famous Five. We’re talking history. Also, Man City can get to ******. Fake club funded with stolen money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mibbes Aye
23-07-2023, 12:29 AM
I don't think it is too far-fetched to imagine a Saudi team will offer good money for him, for a season-long deal, or potentially even a loan with a big fee to PSG.

PSG get something, Real get him on a free in a year, the Saudis get the world's best show pony for twelve months, Mbappe gets well-paid and keeps a degree of match fitness for the year

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2023, 08:44 AM
Hope he sticks it out and leaves for nothing. Hope he then does the same to Madrid in 4 years.

Screw all these clubs and their toy-town money.

easty
23-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Hope he sticks it out and leaves for nothing. Hope he then does the same to Madrid in 4 years.

Screw all these clubs and their toy-town money.

I dinnae really have any more dislike for PSG and Real than I do for greedy players like Mbappe.

I hate what money has done to football, but it’s not just the clubs who are to blame.

I dunno if we’ll need some kind of new Bosman rule where if a player is refusing to leave with a year left on their deal, and refusing a new contract, then the club are still entitled to a payment via tribunal at the end. It just doesn’t sit right with me that a club is shafted for the greed of a player. Regardless of who the club is or what I dislike about them.

lucky
23-07-2023, 09:54 AM
I dinnae really have any more dislike for PSG and Real than I do for greedy players like Mbappe.

I hate what money has done to football, but it’s not just the clubs who are to blame.

I dunno if we’ll need some kind of new Bosman rule where if a player is refusing to leave with a year left on their deal, and refusing a new contract, then the club are still entitled to a payment via tribunal at the end. It just doesn’t sit right with me that a club is shafted for the greed of a player. Regardless of who the club is or what I dislike about them.

That might happen in the UK with an anti-worker government but no way would EU employment laws allow a business to dictate where a worker must work or sign a new contract. For year's club owners ripped off the equivalent of millions from clubs. Players were very poorly paid and treated. The players are now calling the shots and getting compensated based on their abilities.

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2023, 10:12 AM

Is the player being greedy here though?

The club and player agreed the length of the contract. We've all known for decades that the player is free to leave at the end of it, why do PSG think they're special and above that?

If the player was wanting to leave now, PSG would be bumping their gums about him not showing any loyalty.

The more of thee wealthy owners / clubs that lose money, the better. Maybe they'll think twice about making these sorts of signings in future.

Baader
23-07-2023, 10:39 AM

Never gonna happen. Would contravene employment law and why should the club benefit over the player from a mutually signed contracted? PSG made Mbappe a kingmaker with the last deal they offered him. It was ridiculous and he was talking still about Real Madrid right after signing it.

easty
23-07-2023, 10:49 AM

The club and player agreed the length of the contract. We've all known for decades that the player is free to leave at the end of it, why do PSG think they're special and above that?

If the player was wanting to leave now, PSG would be bumping their gums about him not showing any loyalty.

The more of thee wealthy owners / clubs that lose money, the better. Maybe they'll think twice about making these sorts of signings in future.

You don’t think Mbappe is being greedy?

This scenario is at the top of the game, but it could happen at our level. How happy would you be if say Nisbet had been offered a huge deal at Rangers if he just sat out the rest of his contract. We want to sell him, as that’s our business model, but we can’t as it’s more financially beneficial for him to stay til he’s available on a free.

It’s no a simple thing to sort out, and I’m not arguing that clubs should have the power in their hands. Clubs should be able to buy players, improve them and sell them on. It’s what keeps a lot of clubs ticking over. Players deciding to sit in their contract and move for free, as it makes them more money, I just dinnae like it.

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2023, 10:57 AM
He wont be paid what he is currently getting if he moves, so I'm not sure its greed. He actually just wants to win the Champions league and PSG are a bit crap.

easty
23-07-2023, 11:13 AM
He wont be paid what he is currently getting if he moves, so I'm not sure its greed. He actually just wants to win the Champions league and PSG are a bit crap.

He’ll no doubt get an absolutely huge signing bonus if he moves on a Bosman.

If he wants to leave, he could leave now. They want to sell him.

MWHIBBIES
23-07-2023, 11:19 AM
He’ll no doubt get an absolutely huge signing bonus if he moves on a Bosman.

If he wants to leave, he could leave now. They want to sell him.

That is true, if it was purely sporting hed leave now.

It's all quite entertaining. Pure circus. French players always give the best drama.

McD
23-07-2023, 03:25 PM
It’s an interesting one.

the club are crying foul because he’s exercising his contractual rights (pay and length), because he’s said he won’t sign a new deal and they want to sell him for a fee now rather than get nothing.

conversely, how would the club feel if at the same point in time (entering final year of the contract), the player said he wanted to go and they wanted to keep him? The club would have no issues holding him to his contract and not selling (albeit risking the player not performing to their previous standards). It does seem like the club are wanting to have everything suited towards them.

when a club and player agree a contract, they both know that it has a fixed term. The player is accepting that they may well be stuck with that club even if they’re not playing as often as they’d like, and equally the club is accepting that the player could walk away for nothing at the end of that fixed term. Any transfer away during that term must be mutually agreed by both parties. Players can force the issue through pressure if they so wish, so can clubs in different ways. In this instance, it seems like the player has positioned himself better than the club.

ScottB
24-07-2023, 05:28 AM
I suspect the Qataris would rather be sat in the stand than let anything Saudi connected have him…

Dmas
24-07-2023, 10:25 AM
Saudi team offer 300m to psg and offer him 775m for 1 year….crazy crazy times

neil7908
24-07-2023, 10:32 AM

You're spot on. He has said he's happy to honour the agreement signed. He's not handed in a transfer request. PSG decided to give him the contract. Mbappe appears happy to honour it. Mbappe is doing what countless players have since Bosman, just for a much larger sum.

I see nothing in the press calling Harry Kane greedy. He's in exactly the same position.

PSG are the one's throwing their toy's out the pram

nonshinyfinish
24-07-2023, 10:39 AM
Saudi team offer 300m to psg and offer him 775m for 1 year….crazy crazy timesIt's not as much as it sounds, it's in Euros [emoji102]

Dmas
24-07-2023, 10:47 AM
It's not as much as it sounds, it's in Euros [emoji102]

😂

Callum_62
24-07-2023, 10:59 AM
It's not as much as it sounds, it's in Euros [emoji102]A mere €15 million a week

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Callum_62
24-07-2023, 11:00 AM
Surely that's acceptable for a player with 12 months left on the contract

Can we get some Saudi interest in our players??!

Bristolhibby
24-07-2023, 11:02 AM

He has a contract. When it expires he is free to go.

His employer has to release him if he wants to go early.

J

Paul1642
24-07-2023, 11:03 AM
Surely that's acceptable for a player with 12 months left on the contract

Can we get some Saudi interest in our players??!

We sold Boyle to Saudi before it was cool. Maybe we could internet them in a few others. 5 million for Henderson seems fair.

Keith_M
24-07-2023, 11:10 AM
Is there an option for both of them to 'lose', e.g. the club lose the player for nothing and the player is then banned for three years without any earnings?

That would be my ideal outcome.

SteveHFC
24-07-2023, 11:13 AM
We sold Boyle to Saudi before it was cool. Maybe we could internet them in a few others. 5 million for Henderson seems fair.

£20M for both Hendo and Doidge.

WhileTheChief..
24-07-2023, 11:18 AM

This scenario is at the top of the game, but it could happen at our level. How happy would you be if say Nisbet had been offered a huge deal at Rangers if he just sat out the rest of his contract. We want to sell him, as that’s our business model, but we can’t as it’s more financially beneficial for him to stay til he’s available on a free.

It’s no a simple thing to sort out, and I’m not arguing that clubs should have the power in their hands. Clubs should be able to buy players, improve them and sell them on. It’s what keeps a lot of clubs ticking over. Players deciding to sit in their contract and move for free, as it makes them more money, I just dinnae like it.

Depends really. If Mbappe had a broken leg would PSG want him to stay for the final year or be happy to get him off the payroll?!

Sometimes a player will want to see out his contract even if we want rid.

Others, we’ll want him to stay but he’ll want away. Works both ways.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2023, 11:37 AM
Is there an option for both of them to 'lose', e.g. the club lose the player for nothing and the player is then banned for three years without any earnings?

That would be my ideal outcome.

Why would he be banned?

Pretty Boy
24-07-2023, 11:41 AM
I ****ing hate football sometimes and it's situations like this one that makes it easy to explain why I feel so alienated from and so disinterested in the game at the highest level.

Keyser Sauzee
24-07-2023, 11:47 AM
I ****ing hate football sometimes and it's situations like this one that makes it easy to explain why I feel so alienated from and so disinterested in the game at the highest level.

Yep, give me the Dundee derby over Manchester, Madrid etc. not interested in the highest level of the game now.

Zazu62
24-07-2023, 11:49 AM
The sky sports news propaganda machine is in full flow he will probably just end up signing a new contract with PSG in a few weeks then everyone will just start talking about something else.

McD
24-07-2023, 12:45 PM
Depends really. If Mbappe had a broken leg would PSG want him to stay for the final year or be happy to get him off the payroll?!

Sometimes a player will want to see out his contract even if we want rid.

Others, we’ll want him to stay but he’ll want away. Works both ways.

:agree:

easty
24-07-2023, 12:59 PM
Yep, give me the Dundee derby over Manchester, Madrid etc. not interested in the highest level of the game now.

Each to their own, but I’d much rather watch de Bruyne, Haaland, Casemiro and Rashford than Moult and Tiffony

Keyser Sauzee
24-07-2023, 01:09 PM
Each to their own, but I’d much rather watch de Bruyne, Haaland, Casemiro and Rashford than Moult and Tiffony

Understandable, the level in quality is in a different universe but I just find myself more engaged watching Scottish football and get more enjoyment than I do watching champions league or EPL games. I still watch them from time to time but nowhere near as often as I did.

sleeping giant
24-07-2023, 01:11 PM
Understandable, the level in quality is in a different universe but I just find myself more engaged watching Scottish football and get more enjoyment than I do watching champions league or EPL games. I still watch them from time to time but nowhere near as often as I did.

Me too :agree:

James70
24-07-2023, 01:21 PM
Offer of £259m now in!

Diclonius
24-07-2023, 01:24 PM
They're gonna try and force this blood money Saudi league on us, aren't they?

Pretty Boy
24-07-2023, 01:45 PM

That's where I am. The Champions League etc. just leaves me cold.

I got a train up to Thornton Hibs v Lochgelly Albert on Saturday. £5 to get in, couple of pints in a local pub pre match and the obligatory half time raffle.

Give me that any day of the week.

7Hero
24-07-2023, 01:48 PM
They're gonna try and force this blood money Saudi league on us, aren't they?

A UEFA / Saudi merger on the cards

Paul1642
24-07-2023, 01:57 PM
A UEFA / Saudi merger on the cards

Football follows the money these days, so it’s not impossible however more likely to see a worldwide champions league like the club World Cup take presence more and more each year.

easty
24-07-2023, 02:51 PM

I’ll watch any football, but I prefer watching the best do it.

I dinnae really understand what it means to be “engaged” in a game that’s not Hibs or Scotland. If I’m not bothered who wins, it’s just entertainment on the telly to me.

Is it only football that has you feeling this way? Film stars make a fortune nowadays. Does that ruin movies for you? Rather watch a Hollyoaks omnibus than the new Mission Impossible?

Glory Lurker
24-07-2023, 03:08 PM
What's the chat about him being a rocket?

Haymaker
24-07-2023, 03:09 PM
Football follows the money these days, so it’s not impossible however more likely to see a worldwide champions league like the club World Cup take presence more and more each year.That's already happening. Starts June 2025, 32 teams held in... the US.

The US will be able to have one team in it as a "host". I can't imagine which team they'll pick for that...

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

Up-the-slope
24-07-2023, 03:19 PM
I think i'm siding with Mbappe more on this the more it goes on... big clubs (particularly Madrid & Barcelona) started the trend of inserting 'release clauses' into deals that super inflated fees to their benefit...

Now a player is getting grief for sticking to the deal they signed - the murky bit in it for me sounds like Real Madrid... if as rumored Mbappe wants to wait and goto RM... he would need to have more than just an indication of that being likely ( so tapping up - most likely via agents... ) Now im sure Real would never do such a thing given they have bleated about what they think others have done :rolleyes:

Keyser Sauzee
24-07-2023, 03:22 PM
I’ll watch any football, but I prefer watching the best do it.

I dinnae really understand what it means to be “engaged” in a game that’s not Hibs or Scotland. If I’m not bothered who wins, it’s just entertainment on the telly to me.

Is it only football that has you feeling this way? Film stars make a fortune nowadays. Does that ruin movies for you? Rather watch a Hollyoaks omnibus than the new Mission Impossible?

I fully understand why people would rather watch the quality on offer in the top games, they aren’t wrong for doing that. I’ve just found myself watching less and less over the recent years and more domestic games up here. I’m not even sure it’s the financial aspect that has made me do that, just something I’ve noticed.

I’ve only noticed it with football and still enjoy watching big budget films, Can’t put my finger on the reason, it may well seem hypocritical but it is what It is I suppose.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2023, 03:25 PM
I think i'm siding with Mbappe more on this the more it goes on... big clubs (particularly Madrid & Barcelona) started the trend of inserting 'release clauses' into deals that super inflated fees to their benefit...

Now a player is getting grief for sticking to the deal they signed - the murky bit in it for me sounds like Real Madrid... if as rumored Mbappe wants to wait and goto RM... he would need to have more than just an indication of that being likely ( so tapping up - most likely via agents... ) Now im sure Real would never do such a thing given they have bleated about what they think others have done :rolleyes:

Release clauses are mandatory in Spain and have been for many, many years. Nothing to do with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

southern hibby
24-07-2023, 03:28 PM
£20M for both Hendo and Doidge.

Look I understand and appreciate that these are inflated prices, but let’s get honest here they’re no really worth any more than 19 and a half Mill.

However should the Saudis want them, I think it’s only fair We pay for their flights.

GGTTH

DH1875
24-07-2023, 03:30 PM
You just no it won't be long until these teams are playing in the champions league.

Up-the-slope
24-07-2023, 03:39 PM
Release clauses are mandatory in Spain and have been for many, many years. Nothing to do with Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Yes but its they that have used the mandatory aspect to add ever increasing 'values' - its not the players setting these values. It was created to prevent the Jim McLean type senario and in respect of Spains labour laws... but now you have several billion euro release clauses (after Neymars ludicrous one actually got paid by PSG)

lyonhibs
24-07-2023, 03:46 PM
If ever there was a standoff where you'd love both sides to lose heavily, this is it.

As well as every OF game ever obviously

nonshinyfinish
24-07-2023, 03:47 PM
Yes but its they that have used the mandatory aspect to add ever increasing 'values' - its not the players setting these values. It was created to prevent the Jim McLean type senario and in respect of Spains labour laws... but now you have several billion euro release clauses (after Neymars ludicrous one actually got paid by PSG)

The players (or their representatives) are agreeing to them though.

Regardless, a player with a €1bn release clause in Spain is effectively in the same situation as one with no release clause in England – they'll only be sold if someone offers the club an amount that they find acceptable.

Alan62
24-07-2023, 04:37 PM

I find this statement really odd. A contract between two parties is an agreement to do certain specified things for a set length of time in exchange for an agreed amount of money. BOTH parties agree to the terms of the contract. If one party unilaterally wants to change the contract (in this case, shorten the term by selling the player’s registration to another club) then the other party is completely within their rights to refuse. I completely understand the buy, develop and sell on model but it only works if the sell on aspect is also right for the player. Mbappe can do whatever he wants here as long as he sticks to the terms of his original contract, he will have fulfilled his side of the deal he made with PSG.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2023, 05:25 PM

Its part of a players contract, they must agree to it.

mcohibs
24-07-2023, 07:03 PM
Mbappe has done nothing wrong IMO, he wants to see out his contract, PSG are panicking they’ll get nothing for him and are now trying to force him to sign or leave for a fee.

PSG should have sold him when they had the chance.

easty
24-07-2023, 09:02 PM
Mbappe has done nothing wrong IMO, he wants to see out his contract, PSG are panicking they’ll get nothing for him and are now trying to force him to sign or leave for a fee.

PSG should have sold him when they had the chance.

Would you have thought the same if Scott Brown had decided to sit out his contract and move to Celtc for nowt?

Smartie
24-07-2023, 09:28 PM

I’m almost impressed that they’ve managed to find a vile new level to stoop to.

So much about football is wonderful but it left the building at elite level a decade or more ago.

I went past a news stand in ASDA and noticed a premier league season preview edition of 442 magazine. It was quite a weird experience, remembering that at some point that edition would have interested me and also not being able to figure out when that interest totally departed me.

Hibbyradge
24-07-2023, 10:22 PM
Would you have thought the same if Scott Brown had decided to sit out his contract and move to Celtc for nowt?

Folk were raging at Ryan Porteous for refusing to sign a new contract which would have allowed us to sell him for his true value. He would have left for nothing if Watford had wanted to wait a few months.

Baader
24-07-2023, 11:48 PM

Riordan did. It's just the way contracts work, rightly or wrongly. That's all. Player can screw club or club can screw player. If they thought there was the possibility of losing him for nothing they should've either not signed him or sold him before now. Either way it's mismanagement. Them's the breaks and that's business I'm afraid.

neil7908
25-07-2023, 01:05 AM

I don't understand what Mbappe does differently here. Should he stay at PSG for life?

When Porto left I was frustrated as he played up the Hibs fan stuff when it suited him. I was annoyed when he left but if PSG fans had read about Porto, do you think they would have said he acted poorly? I doubt it.

This is all on PSG. Maybe if they had run their club better and looked more competitive in the Champions League they could have kept him.

They took a big risk throwing money at Mbappe and now they are having to deal with the same issue as every other club - players who want to leave. Yes the sums of money are obscene but it's not different to what Harry Kane is doing. And I can't see many having a go at him.

easty
25-07-2023, 06:46 AM
Riordan did. It's just the way contracts work, rightly or wrongly. That's all. Player can screw club or club can screw player. If they thought there was the possibility of losing him for nothing they should've either not signed him or sold him before now. Either way it's mismanagement. Them's the breaks and that's business I'm afraid.

I don’t think the Riordan, or Porteous, or Kane situations are the same. Maybe I’ve picked it up wrong in what I’ve read about it, but I thought Mbappe had decided to run down his contract and leave on a free? Those other players wouldn’t sign new deals, but they would have taken a transfer out the club.

Paul1642
25-07-2023, 07:05 AM
I don’t think the Riordan, or Porteous, or Kane situations are the same. Maybe I’ve picked it up wrong in what I’ve read about it, but I thought Mbappe had decided to run down his contract and leave on a free? Those other players wouldn’t sign new deals, but they would have taken a transfer out the club.

This is the way I’m viewing it. It appears to me that Mbappe want to leave on a free because he will get a ridiculously huge signing fee should he do so. Madrid save €150 mil or whatever on a transfer and give €50 mil of that to Mbappe.

Madrid clearly want him and a deal could be sorted now but both the club and the player know that they can come out better off by waiting a year at PSGs expense. We would be rajing in a similar, scaled down situation.

mcohibs
25-07-2023, 08:45 AM
This is the way I’m viewing it. It appears to me that Mbappe want to leave on a free because he will get a ridiculously huge signing fee should he do so. Madrid save €150 mil or whatever on a transfer and give €50 mil of that to Mbappe.

Madrid clearly want him and a deal could be sorted now but both the club and the player know that they can come out better off by waiting a year at PSGs expense. We would be rajing in a similar, scaled down situation.

Club would be disappointed yes but ultimately the club has to weigh these things up when issuing contracts. As a business you tie down your best assets and sell when it makes most economical sense to do so. PSG are paying the price for being too greedy in previous transfer windows.

People lose perspective when it’s rich athletes in question but put yourself in Mbappe’s shoes. He’s signed a contract with an employer which he intends to fulfil and wants to leave to another job in a year’s time where he’ll be considerably better off financially. Signing a new contract with his current employer means he’ll lose out on long term income (and potentially piss off his new employer). If that’s me or you in any other walk of life it’s a no brainer.

Fault lies squarely with PSG on this and the way they are trying to ostracise the player and force a deal is quite dangerous territory.

stoneyburn hibs
25-07-2023, 08:52 AM
The games a bogey.
If it wasn't already,then it
is now with the sums of money flying around.

Up-the-slope
25-07-2023, 05:42 PM

Im not sure money is totally at the centre of it for Mbappe (he's reputed to be on £72 million a year at PSG after new deal recently signed).

He allegedly want togo Madrid to win stuff (statistically that would be right choice over last couple of decades) and Madrid dont't wan't to pay a fee for a player who has indicated will be available to only them on a free in 12 months..

Likely outcome - he goes to Madrid either on loan (with large loan fee) till he is free - or is sold to them for a much more modest fee than PSG want right at death of window.

PSG & Madrid are both trying to save face AND do best to comply with FFP - Mbappe's wages this year and next will knock a huge hole in their finance along with the accrued proportion of his transfer fee... so they will be trying to both recoup and offload as much of that as they can. Madrid know they will have to pay decent wages but will be trying to have no / as little as possible transfer fee added to costs year on year for his contract length

(so for example a £150 million fee on a 5 + 1 year deal adds 25/30 million each year... whereas a 75 million loan fee is added all in one year *** figures are an example)

PSG if they 'get rid' now save 72 million in wages + any transfer fee gain.... BUT for them if they can get Mbappe & one of the lunatic Saudi clubs to do a 1 year loan and hes free at the end (to goto Madrid) for say £100 million plus paying wages... they would be far better with that :dunno:

but its a circus... and no FFP in asian set up has created a whole new mental dynamic

Lancs Harp
25-07-2023, 06:44 PM
He'd look so f*****g good in a green jersey with white sleeves. No not you Plymouth 😀

Up-the-slope
25-07-2023, 06:49 PM
He'd look so f*****g good in a green jersey with white sleeves. No not you Plymouth 😀
:greengrin... how many season tickets sold then :aok:

Allant1981
25-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Absolutely crazy money, his potential wage is about £70k per hour.

Lancs Harp
25-07-2023, 06:59 PM

Its getting crazy ive been offered 10k a week to support a Saudi team.

Just couldnt do it.

easty
25-07-2023, 07:26 PM
I see it’s being reported that he’s due a £60m “loyalty bonus” from PSG if he’s still there on August 1st.

So no chance of any move before then.

Zazu62
25-07-2023, 09:01 PM

He won’t be going to Saudi

neil7908
26-07-2023, 03:54 AM
I see it’s being reported that he’s due a £60m “loyalty bonus” from PSG if he’s still there on August 1st.

This is where I find myself blaming PSG more than the player. If true, who the hell decided to add a loyalty bonus with 1 month still left of the transfer window!?

PSG getting what they deserve here for giving him a crazy contract and then doing a terrible job running the rest of the their team.

hibeejeebies
26-07-2023, 05:50 AM
Look I understand and appreciate that these are inflated prices, but let’s get honest here they’re no really worth any more than 19 and a half Mill.

However should the Saudis want them, I think it’s only fair We pay for their flights.

GGTTH

😁 where's the like button?

Up-the-slope
26-07-2023, 01:05 PM

:agree: Hey K would you like to A.... move this week to a club / country / league you don't fancy?.... or B ... sit on your erchie till next week (while your team mates slog on double session / preseason tour) and pick up 'loyalty' bonus while clock ticks to your knock down move to Madrid

eh... let me think about it.... till next week

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-07-2023, 01:07 PM
:agree: Hey K would you like to A.... move this week to a club / country / league you don't fancy?.... or B ... sit on your erchie till next week (while your team mates slog on double session / preseason tour) and pick up 'loyalty' bonus while clock ticks to your knock down move to Madrid

eh... let me think about it.... till next week

If it’s a money thing he’ll wait until august 1st then sign for that Saudi team, that’d be enough for him to be set for life

Up-the-slope
26-07-2023, 01:12 PM
If it’s a money thing he’ll wait until august 1st then sign for that Saudi team, that’d be enough for him to be set for life

:faf: hes getting £72 MILLION a year currently ( 6 x hibs entire annual turnover) - hes already set for life multiple times over

Thats no dig at you... just the obscene levels things have reached

ErinGoBraghHFC
26-07-2023, 01:24 PM
:faf: hes getting £72 MILLION a year currently ( 6 x hibs entire annual turnover) - hes already set for life multiple times over

Yeah I know, but I reckon I could spend a hundred million or whatever over 60 years or so if I had it. If he does that he could stay permanently drunk and coked up for 60 years in a mansion and never run out of money

Stubbsy90+2
26-07-2023, 01:38 PM

It shows how greedy people are becoming that it’s no longer enough to have loads of money, it’s no longer enough to have more money than you could ever spend, we now have people coming out and declaring they want generational wealth and that’s why they’re going to Saudi. Firstly, 10s of millions is already generational wealth, hundreds of millions is generational wealth that will just be hoarded.