PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquitous parking thread

O'Rourke3
21-07-2023, 08:07 AM
I usually take the bus to games but need to be in Porty this afternoon so will be driving to the game tonight.

Any issues parking at Meadowbank Retail? There’s been a few threads before which, not needing to, didn’t read :greengrin. Thanks

Green forever
21-07-2023, 08:38 AM
I usually take the bus to games but need to be in Porty this afternoon so will be driving to the game tonight.

Any issues parking at Meadowbank Retail? There’s been a few threads before which, not needing to, didn’t read :greengrin. Thanks

You get 4 hours free parking at Meadowbank Retail Park , usually plenty spaces.

Fuzzywuzzy
21-07-2023, 08:45 AM
Without sounding totally ridiculous, can you turn right at the top of Easter road?

LewysGot2
21-07-2023, 08:49 AM
There's roadworks on Abbeyhill between Easter Road and Meadowbank retail park just now. It's pretty congested at the commute home. I'd approach area from Lochend side

Gloucester Hibs
21-07-2023, 08:55 AM

Parked there for most of last season, never had an issue. As mentioned you get 4 hours grace which is generous. Can take an age to get out after the game though unless you get a flyer!

O'Rourke3
21-07-2023, 09:08 AM
You get 4 hours free parking at Meadowbank Retail Park , usually plenty spaces.

There's roadworks on Abbeyhill between Easter Road and Meadowbank retail park just now. It's pretty congested at the commute home. I'd approach area from Lochend side

Parked there for most of last season, never had an issue. As mentioned you get 4 hours grace which is generous. Can take an age to get out after the game though unless you get a flyer!

Cheers all.

HIBERNIAN 1875
21-07-2023, 09:08 AM
There's boxing on at Meadowbank tonight as well. That area will be fairly busy.

Pete70
21-07-2023, 09:18 AM

I walked past a few days ago and Montrose Terrace was closed.

DIXIHIBS
21-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Without sounding totally ridiculous, can you turn right at the top of Easter road?

Do you mean from London Road then no. If going up Easter Road...yes.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2023, 12:43 PM
From where and which direction? From London Road travelling East to West that’s a no.

Diclonius
21-07-2023, 12:45 PM
Will be getting the tram from now on, driving into Leith for Hibs games is an utterly exhausting experience and getting the bus from Hermiston isn't much better.

sleeping giant
21-07-2023, 12:56 PM
Will be getting the tram from now on, driving into Leith for Hibs games is an utterly exhausting experience and getting the bus from Hermiston isn't much better.

Same here. I'll get the tram from the park and ride at the airport.
Looking forward to not having to worry about parking the car.

Cat Stanton
21-07-2023, 01:11 PM
if there is ubiquitous parking, you'll be fine.

Viva_Palmeiras
21-07-2023, 02:53 PM
From where and which direction? From London Road travelling East to West that’s a no.

hibby6270
21-07-2023, 02:57 PM
As it’s just a friendly tonight, does anyone know if the Disabled Parking will be available as usual in St Clair Street? Tried phoning the club but all lines are either busy or go to voicemail.

TIA.

McD
21-07-2023, 04:44 PM
Will we still be able to get parked around Sleigh Drive or is it now permit holders only?

Nakedmanoncrack
22-07-2023, 11:12 AM
Same here. I'll get the tram from the park and ride at the airport.
Looking forward to not having to worry about parking the car.

Tram stop at Balfour Street should make for an effortless journey to and from Easter Road, and provided certain obnoxious away supports don't start to use it pre-match, will eliminate the need to rub shoulders with them at all enroute to/from the game.