PDA

View Full Version : Hibs loan

Ozyhibby
11-07-2023, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1678706138106191872?s=46&t=3pb_w_qndxJXScFNwz8V4A

Anyone know what this is about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matty_f
11-07-2023, 12:33 PM
https://twitter.com/kieranmaguire/status/1678706138106191872?s=46&t=3pb_w_qndxJXScFNwz8V4A

Maybe to cover infrastructure investments like the pitches at Easter Rd and HTC?

LaMotta
11-07-2023, 12:36 PM

Bydand Sports is the Gordon's company.

ian cruise
11-07-2023, 12:42 PM
That post is a total fishing trip, with absolutely no context and purely designed to create drama and therefore traffic for his page. Best ignored.

Diclonius
11-07-2023, 12:50 PM
Think it means more money for transfers.

Pretty Boy
11-07-2023, 12:54 PM
Ach we'll owe it to ourselves anyway or something.

ElginHibbie
11-07-2023, 12:54 PM
something something tick tock

But seriously think we did the same last year or year before? Be nothing in it unless you wanted to start a conspiracy theory

Daniel 1875
11-07-2023, 12:57 PM
Standard business practice, but it’s worth noting that when the club are saying thanks for the investment from the Gordons for the pitches and other things, what they might mean is thanks for the loan - which we’ll need to pay back.

CockneyRebel
11-07-2023, 01:01 PM
Standard business practice, but it’s worth noting that when the club are saying thanks for the investment from the Gordons for the pitches and other things, what they might mean is thanks for the loan - which we’ll need to pay back.

Bear in mind that this kind of transaction gives the Gordons more incentive to increase revenue and thereby get repaid sooner.

hibee-boys
11-07-2023, 01:13 PM
I’d guess a loan from the Gordon’s to invest towards infrastructure projects, keeps liquidity for short term liabilities/cash flow, signings etc. No different to us taking out a loan for home improvements, we’d not want to clean out all our income/savings to fund that either. Given likely loan rates available in this market this would’ve been a better financial outcome for the club.

Alex Trager
11-07-2023, 01:15 PM

This is my understanding all the time. It seems to me the Gordon’s get a whole load of credit (pun slightly intended) for dishing out loans to buy players.

It’s not like they are investing their own cash for nout like Anderson over the road.

I could be way wrong, I hope I am, but there have been a steady flow of loans to Bydand since they came in.

Callum_62
11-07-2023, 01:28 PM
This is my understanding all the time. It seems to me the Gordon’s get a whole load of credit (pun slightly intended) for dishing out loans to buy players.

It’s not like they are investing their own cash for nout like Anderson over the road.

I could be way wrong, I hope I am, but there have been a steady flow of loans to Bydand since they came in.I think the Gordon's havnt gotten credit at all?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Diclonius
11-07-2023, 01:34 PM
Have we heard yet from the guy who criticises every single Hibs owner's financial decisions because he wants to run the club himself?

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2023, 01:45 PM
That post is a total fishing trip, with absolutely no context and purely designed to create drama and therefore traffic for his page. Best ignored.

He's provided no context good or bad. Reported facts. Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather not ignore this type of thing. We should know.

Alex Trager
11-07-2023, 02:12 PM
I think the Gordon's havnt gotten credit at all?

Credit from the fans for ‘stumping up’?

Been plenty of that that I’ve seen

gbhibby
11-07-2023, 02:25 PM

This has been in place before if you look at companies house records the Gordon's are taking a floating charge and standard security over the clubs assets.
Could also be a tidy up of the legals due to Ron's passing. I am sure Sir Tom Farmer did exactly the same when he owned the club

ElginHibbie
11-07-2023, 02:30 PM
I think the Gordon's havnt gotten credit at all?

They were directly given credit when it came to Youan, but as that was very out the ordinary I would find it very odd if that turned out to be part of a loan so they could make money off the club.

Guess we will find out next year.

green day
11-07-2023, 04:11 PM

Exact same happened last year with the hospitality refurb.

Cost a fortune to do, Bydand loan secured on club, hospitality a huge success, loan repaid and then loads of cash flowing into the club on an ongoing basis.

This boy likes to call himself a football finance expert, when in reality he puts stuff out for clicks and likes that he hasnt properly researched.

RyeSloan
11-07-2023, 04:14 PM

Cost a fortune to do, Bydand loan secured on club, hospitality a huge success, loan repaid and then loads of cash flowing into the club on an ongoing basis.

This boy likes to call himself a football finance expert, when in reality he puts stuff out for clicks and likes that he hasnt properly researched.

How do you know the loan was repaid?

The Baldmans Comb
13-07-2023, 09:55 AM
Hibs owe the Gordon's £2m which they used to fund infrastructure around the club such as corporate facilities, big screens and advertising boards and the new pitch and this is the related paperwork and possibly the loan has been extended upwards.

Next year's accounts will tell us though last year's accounts showed Hibs were burning cash at an alarming rate hence the restructuring of the football playing staff last December.

Since then you would have thought the financial situation has improved via Nisbett (and Doig) and a more selective approach to player recruitment.

Centre Hawf
13-07-2023, 10:42 AM

To be fair to him, he is a bit of a football finance expert. What he doesn't know is context behind everything that happens at every club.

I think it's right that he presents stuff like this without comment. It's better to be transparent and honest about what happens with our club and while I have no concerns at the moment it's just stuff to be aware of going forward.