PDA

View Full Version : Dylan Levitt

dastardly8
05-07-2023, 05:22 PM
Happy with this signing , always looks like he can do something in midfield , good eye for a goal as well

Up-the-slope
05-07-2023, 05:25 PM
well done to recruitment team & owners... getting business done early so team can gel before action starts. Must be confidence of cash coming in from likes of Doig sell on and maybe about to accept offers for some of current squad? (also remainder of Doig initial payment & Nisbet money to invest)

My old man
05-07-2023, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the famous Edinburgh Hibees

GG2TH

Bishop Hibee
05-07-2023, 05:37 PM
Hopefully adds something different to the midfield. Welcome to the Mighty Cabbage Dylan.

makaveli1875
05-07-2023, 05:41 PM
Good signing , welcome to the hibees Dylan

marinello59
05-07-2023, 05:44 PM
Great news, pleased with this one.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-07-2023, 06:05 PM
Good signing. 👍

Since452
05-07-2023, 06:17 PM
Huge statement of intent

Alex Trager
05-07-2023, 06:18 PM
Bienvenidos Dylan, to the smallest club in Edinburgh!

hibby6270
05-07-2023, 06:24 PM
Let’s hope he turns out to be a McGinn type signing. That’ll do me!!

Onion
05-07-2023, 06:40 PM
Looks like a decent signing. Well done Hibs.

Eyrie
05-07-2023, 06:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing him play for us.

RoscoHibby
05-07-2023, 06:47 PM
Aye, you’ll do nicely wee man!

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1676648133110136832

Lancs Harp
05-07-2023, 06:47 PM
Good signing with good potential. I think he came through Man Utds youth system ans managed to get a game in Europe for them (dont think he got a league game) several caps for Wales too.

Tambo
05-07-2023, 06:50 PM
Raging 😡 no away kit reveal 😁

Welcome to the Club Dylan.

jeffers
05-07-2023, 06:54 PM
Won’t suit the agenda of deluded ones on the other side of the city but they wanted to sign him too but player wanted to come to the Hibees.

CropleyWasGod
05-07-2023, 06:59 PM
So..... the spelling seems quite easy, for a change.

But how does he pronounce his name?

Levv-it?

Lee-vit? (great name for a player :greengrin)

Le-vit? (like ALF?

Stevie Reid
05-07-2023, 07:04 PM
A goal scoring midfielder and someone who is a goal threat from distance are two things we have been missing for a while. Looks a good addition.

3pm
05-07-2023, 07:07 PM
A goal scoring midfielder and someone who is a goal threat from distance are two things we have been missing for a while. Looks a good addition.

His finishes on the video Hibs put up are immense.

CyberSauzee
05-07-2023, 07:07 PM
Fantastic signing. As above well done recruitment and the Grodon's for continuing to back the club.

Stevie Reid
05-07-2023, 07:20 PM
His finishes on the video Hibs put up are immense.

They really are. Very impressed with his scoring record for Utd.

Mibbes Aye
05-07-2023, 07:22 PM
What a good feel this signing has to it.

Decent pedigree, decent record playing first-team football and a decent age.

Well done Hibs :aok:

HoboHarry
05-07-2023, 07:53 PM
The BBC are saying the fee is undisclosed. Is this 300,000 figure a figment of Moira Gordon's imagination and is it now therefore a .net FACT?

worcesterhibby
05-07-2023, 07:59 PM
Great news

Sheffhibee
05-07-2023, 08:08 PM
Watching this guy play, I'm getting strong Scotty Allan vibes. Great vision, can pick a pass and likes a goal, great piece of business from the club 💚:flag::flag::flag:

MWHIBBIES
05-07-2023, 08:09 PM
The BBC are saying the fee is undisclosed. Is this 300,000 figure a figment of Moira Gordon's imagination and is it now therefore a .net FACT?

These people don't just blurt out things without any basis. Just because Hibs aren't disclosing the fee publicly doesn't mean someone else hasn't privately.

Pretty much every transfer fee ever is undisclosed officially.

HoboHarry
05-07-2023, 09:12 PM
These people don't just blurt out things without any basis. Just because Hibs aren't disclosing the fee publicly doesn't mean someone else hasn't privately.

Pretty much every transfer fee ever is undisclosed officially.

Reporters don't make things up? For real? Lol......

HendoDelivered
05-07-2023, 09:20 PM
Is Levitt an out and out AM (Scotty Allan) or more a deeplying playmaker like a McGeouch type? Seen so many folk say so many different things.

bingo70
05-07-2023, 09:29 PM
Is Levitt an out and out AM (Scotty Allan) or more a deeplying playmaker like a McGeouch type? Seen so many folk say so many different things.

I think when he was at his best he played a more attacking midfield role. The season that just finished he was asked to play in a deeper role which sounds like never suited him.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but having a player like Jeggo doing the ugly stuff and allowing Levitt to get forward could be hugely important this season.

HendoDelivered
05-07-2023, 09:30 PM
I think when he was at his best he played a more attacking midfield role. The season that just finished he was asked to play in a deeper role which sounds like never suited him.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but having a player like Jeggo doing the ugly stuff and allowing Levitt to get forward could be hugely important this season.

Seen a few Dundee Utd fans saying this too!

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2023, 09:31 PM

What you’ve said here is exactly what a Dundee Utd supporting mate said -

“Decent player with eye for a pass, has to play I font of DM enforcer just playing off your no 10, which we rarely did. Bit lightweight a bit like GMS but good shot on him”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manxhibs
05-07-2023, 09:34 PM
Potential to be one of the best signings in my 34 years as a hibs fan. He has all the attributes to help our attack destroy teams, I can’t wait for him to get started!

CallumLaidlaw
05-07-2023, 09:46 PM

Patrick McPartland is quoting the £300k so I’m pretty confident it’ll be correct.

JimBHibees
05-07-2023, 09:48 PM
Potentially excellent signing hope more fans buy season tickets on the back of it.

aberhibsfc
05-07-2023, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the hallowed turf Dylan.

WeeRussell
05-07-2023, 11:59 PM

Scott Allan wasn’t an out and out AM. But by my reckoning is Levitt is more like him than a McGeough.. he’ll pass the ball forwards more and carry more of an attacking threat than the previous Dylan. And fingers crossed, generally be a better footballer.

And to the post further up.. I’ve always understood it to be ‘Lev-it’ but doesn’t mean I’m right 👍

ChilliEater
06-07-2023, 12:42 AM
We're sure to rise up the league if we play Dylan Tait beside him 😉

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2023, 04:01 AM
Reporters don't make things up? For real? Lol......

Why would she or anyone else lie about this transfer fee? and she's not the only one reporting it.

southern hibby
06-07-2023, 05:04 AM
I would play him in midfield WHERE EVER he wants.

Our midfield last season was so over the place that if we have at least one player filling in his natural position that he feels he can do a job at, then that’s an improvement straight away.

GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2023, 05:35 AM
I would play him in midfield WHERE EVER he wants.

Our midfield last season was so over the place that if we have at least one player filling in his natural position that he feels he can do a job at, then that’s an improvement straight away.

GGTTH

He's surely been identified to play a role in the managers plans, not so he can decide where he wants to go.

I think it's a bit of a myth that our midfield was all over the place last season. They were probably the most consistent part of the side.

neil7908
06-07-2023, 05:40 AM
Very happy with this signing. If we can get a no. 9 that can hold the ball up and give us goals, and a solid CB we'll be in great shape for the new season.

Being greedy, I still think we need a winger as cover for Boyle and Youan, and I'd love another DM to upgrade/compete with Jeggo but the squad is, coming along nicely.

Gmack7
06-07-2023, 06:12 AM
Very happy with this signing. If we can get a no. 9 that can hold the ball up and give us goals, and a solid CB we'll be in great shape for the new season.

Being greedy, I still think we need a winger as cover for Boyle and Youan, and I'd love another DM to upgrade/compete with Jeggo but the squad is, coming along nicely.

Dan Mackay might be that cover out wide

Since452
06-07-2023, 06:20 AM
Can't remember the last time I was as buzzing about a signing. Nisbet? Actually more than Nisbet as Levitt proven at this level. £300k? Daylight robbery.

Hibbyradge
06-07-2023, 06:28 AM
Scott Allan wasn’t an out and out AM. But by my reckoning is Levitt is more like him than a McGeough.. he’ll pass the ball forwards more and carry more of an attacking threat than the previous Dylan. And fingers crossed, generally be a better footballer.

And to the post further up.. I’ve always understood it to be ‘Lev-it’ but doesn’t mean I’m right 👍

That's not the point. We thought of it before you!

Stubbsy90+2
06-07-2023, 07:38 AM
I’ve got to say I’m surprised so many people seem to know so much about Levitt to be so excited by him.

That being said, the excitement of others has me excited that he could be a very good signing!

Hibernian Verse
06-07-2023, 07:44 AM
He's surely been identified to play a role in the managers plans, not so he can decide where he wants to go.

I think it's a bit of a myth that our midfield was all over the place last season. They were probably the most consistent part of the side.

Agreed. A Hibs.net fact.

Since452
06-07-2023, 07:53 AM
We are going to absolutely love this guy. A Hibs type player. Scott Allanesque.

southern hibby
06-07-2023, 08:05 AM

Sorry but I don’t think it was a bit of a myth. Our midfield was as far as I’m concerned all over the place.

I’m not saying it was anyones fault or blaming anyone, but it got to the stage we even had Porteous in there.

GGTTH

SickBoy32
06-07-2023, 08:10 AM
Delighted with this signing

Midfield has generally been brutal for years, hopefully this is a big step to rectifying this

.Sean.
06-07-2023, 08:14 AM
We could do far worse than offer McGeough facilities to keep fit and have a good look at him.

MWHIBBIES
06-07-2023, 08:18 AM
Sorry but I don’t think it was a bit of a myth. Our midfield was as far as I’m concerned all over the place.

I’m not saying it was anyones fault or blaming anyone, but it got to the stage we even had Porteous in there.

GGTTH

And that was due to injury. JDH, Magennis and another I believe were out injured. We had Campbell and Henderson as wingers for periods too, and Campbell at fullback. It happens.

Since90+2
06-07-2023, 08:24 AM
Midfield has struggled since the loss of SJM, Mcgeough and then Allan dropping off. Magennis being constantly injured also impacted us massively.

Hopefully this is the start of it being an area of strength again for the team.

WeeRussell
06-07-2023, 08:31 AM
That's not the point. We thought of it before you!

You ******* I’ve been planning that post for months.

southern hibby
06-07-2023, 08:33 AM
And that was due to injury. JDH, Magennis and another I believe were out injured. We had Campbell and Henderson as wingers for periods too, and Campbell at fullback. It happens.

I’m not saying it wasn’t partially due to injury but it was still unbalanced. I’ve also said I’m not blaming anyone.

GGTTH

Hibbyradge
06-07-2023, 08:42 AM
You ******* I’ve been planning that post for months.

One born every minute.

1van Sprou7e
06-07-2023, 08:58 AM
how is there no mention so far of that spectacular announcement video

I'm Spartacus
06-07-2023, 09:05 AM
At last we sign some absolute quality, many many times we've always picked up a good player but they come with an asterix* and that footnote confirms they are nearing the end of their career, they are an absolute gamble, or they are best friends with the physio.

This is the one I reckon puts all those days to bed :)

Welcome to Hibernian wee man!

Not In The Know
06-07-2023, 09:14 AM
Delighted with this signing

Midfield has generally been brutal for years, hopefully this is a big step to rectifying this

He's exactly what we have been missing (a central, attacking point to the midfield)

Hibbyradge
06-07-2023, 09:26 AM
how is there no mention so far of that spectacular announcement video

There has been.

Donegal Hibby
06-07-2023, 09:39 AM
Dylan Levitt Hibs interview.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/levitt-hibs-style-of-play-suits-me

1van Sprou7e
06-07-2023, 10:05 AM
There has been.

Talking about this one which I've not seen mentioned on here

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1676635801889951744

Taking the piss out of this insane video from the saudi team Jota signed for

https://twitter.com/ittihad_en/status/1675966615656046594

nonshinyfinish
06-07-2023, 10:13 AM

It was mentioned a fair amount on the main transfer thread I think.

Vault Boy
06-07-2023, 10:56 AM

I hadn’t seen the Jota video at the time we announced Levitt, so I initially thought I was having a complete cognitive breakdown

1van Sprou7e
06-07-2023, 10:57 AM
I hadn’t seen the Jota video at the time we announced Levitt, so I initially thought I was having a complete cognitive breakdown

To be fair I had the same experience watching the Jota video when it first came out

Hibbyradge
06-07-2023, 11:03 AM

So was I. :wink:

lyonhibs
06-07-2023, 11:33 AM

Likewise 😂

Dmas
06-07-2023, 11:37 AM

I’ve only seen the jota video now and I’m even more lost than I was yesterday

I'm Spartacus
06-07-2023, 12:05 PM
I’ve only seen the jota video now and I’m even more lost than I was yesterday

I see it as a very decent piss take of the Jota weird video.

Hibbyradge
06-07-2023, 01:19 PM
I've been told that the reason we've allowed the fee for Levitt to be disclosed is because hearts offered more!

Diclonius
06-07-2023, 01:21 PM
A younger Scott Allan is good enough for me.

WeeRussell
06-07-2023, 01:41 PM

I just assumed I was too old to understand.

cabbageandribs1875
06-07-2023, 03:32 PM
gie the baw tae Levitt

Dashing Bob S
06-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Decent signing and a minor coup for Hibs. Would walk into any SPL side outside of the OF right now and has the potential to be one of the best in the country.

CentreLine
06-07-2023, 04:16 PM
I've been told that the reason we've allowed the fee for Levitt to be disclosed is because hearts offered more!

Ooooow! Noses firmly rubbed in the brown stuff 🤣

Since452
06-07-2023, 04:22 PM
If Levitt had signed for Aberdeen or Hearts I'd have been a bit gutted.

Donegal Hibby
06-07-2023, 07:54 PM
Thought this was a interesting article.
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/why-dylan-levitt-is-a-such-a-signing-coup-for-hibs-and-where-he-fits-into-the-lee-johnson-jigsaw-4210469

Greencore
06-07-2023, 08:50 PM
Thought this was a interesting article.
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/why-dylan-levitt-is-a-such-a-signing-coup-for-hibs-and-where-he-fits-into-the-lee-johnson-jigsaw-4210469

Why Dylan Levitt is a such a signing coup for Hibs and where he fits into the Lee Johnson jigsaw
A football team can be viewed as a jigsaw puzzle that is rarely completed and if it is, it definitely doesn’t remain intact for long but, in signing Dylan Levitt, Hibs have slotted another piece into position.

In doing so, a more positive picture is emerging ahead of the new campaign.
The 22-year-old Manchester United academy graduate is highly regarded and a number of teams north and south of the border made enquiries but it is a coup for Hibs that the lad, who has spent the past two seasons at Dundee United, saw Easter Road as the best place for him to push forward.
He believes the club is making strides, and European football was another lure. But, talking about manager Lee Johnson’s preferred style of play, it was the opportunity to get on the front foot in games, and to be utilised further up the pitch, that got the deal over the line.

“He was very clear that he wants to have a lot of the ball and that suits me to a tee,” Levitt expressed.
It should suit the team as well, as there have been some widely-noted difficulties in finding the right balance in that central area of the park. But Levitt offers them something different.
Not since the likes of Scott Allan or Dylan McGeouch have the Leith club had someone with the Welshman’s range of passing or the vision to maximise that. But while McGeouch was used in a slightly deeper role - much as Levitt was at Tannadice last term - the real threat comes when the player, who once represented Manchester United in European competition, is played in a more advanced position, poking and probing opposition defences, unlocking opportunities for himself and others.
That is the kind of play that raised Levitt’s public profile and it was showcased perfectly in his first season in Scottish football, in 2021/22, when his attacking menace was supported by statistics.
While his dribbling, deep progressions, turnovers and pressured passess were all rated well above average, he scored even higher when it came to telling passes into the box, key passes, and his on the ball value, with the latter seeing him among the top four per cent in the Premiership that season.
As would be expected, those numbers dipped last term as United struggled to escape the relegation battle, juggled managers, and ultimately ended the season bottom of the pile. During that troubled campaign, Levitt, who signed on permanently at the beginning of the season was forced to fulfil a more defensive, deep lying role, which did not play to his strengths. But that is why he views the move to Leith so positively.

The priority is to fight his way back into the Wales squad and being allowed to showcase his assets under Johnson is an opportunity he jumped at.
Having been capped at age-group level, he made the jump to the full squad and has amassed 13 caps. He was also part of the squad for the Qatar World Cup but was not part of the most recent Euro 2024 qualifiers, fuelling his desire to shake up his club career.
“I want to get back in the Wales squad, as well, so this gives me a platform to kick on from there.”
At Hibs, he believes he will have the men around him to help catch national boss Rob Page’s eye. Guys like Aussie international James Jeggo is the ideal foil for the youngster, capable of doing the dirty work Levitt sometimes struggles with. If he can mop up behind him and do the hard tackling, that frees up Levitt to be a more attacking influence, while his greater experience should also help the youngster grow.
Despite last season’s limitations, he scored 11 goals and made four assists in his 62 appearances for Dundee United and his inability to get into the position where he could make his attacking nous and forward passes count, was undoubtedly a contributing factor in the Tayside team’s relegation.
But he admits that the “last two years have been two different experiences” and Hibs made the transfer knowing what he is capable of if he is let off the leash and has targets ahead of him to hit.
No wonder there was a frisson of excitement in Leith when the signing was completed. To get him at the cutdown price of £300,000, when the Tayside outfit had been hoping for closer to half a million, looks like sound business, especially when tying the 22-year-old up on a three-year contract safeguards potential profit should he do well enough to progress his career further.
The club are still looking for striking reinforcements following the departure of top scorer Kevin Nisbet, but have already recruited a wiley goalscorer in the shape of Adam Le Fondre. He has scored goals wherever he has been and is confident he will do so in Scotland, stating: “I know for a fact that I will score goals, if service is there, that's a given.”
With Levitt opening doors by threading passes through the middle and supplying the pacey Elie Youan and the returning speedster Martin Boyle on the flanks, there are suddenly more options open to Johnson as he plots a way to move above last term’s fifth-place finish and challenge the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts for the title of best of the rest.
A player who can influence play so tellingly will also be considered beneficial in one-off cup matches as the club chases silverware.
As it stands Levitt is just one piece of the puzzle but it is a jigsaw that appears to be taking shape.

brydekirk
07-07-2023, 09:46 AM
Man U now greetin as they only received £75,000 from his sell on clause.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-07-2023, 11:01 AM
Man U now greetin as they only received £75,000 from his sell on clause.

They are bound to have a carry over sell on clause to get a share should we sell Levitt at some point.

Stubbsy90+2
07-07-2023, 11:20 AM
They are bound to have a carry over sell on clause to get a share should we sell Levitt at some point.

Do DU have a sell on from us?

Oscar T Grouch
07-07-2023, 12:03 PM

I think they probably have given we got him for £200k below their asking price. It will of course be ripe for speculation on Hibs.net all the time he is here and when we come to sell him. :greengrin

Heisenberg
07-07-2023, 12:06 PM

I haven’t seen it mentioned. I’d have expected DU to say they have one in their statement about the transfer but as far as I can remember there wasn’t anything.

Aldo
07-07-2023, 12:10 PM
Decent signing and a minor coup for Hibs. Would walk into any SPL side outside of the OF right now and has the potential to be one of the best in the country.

No he wouldn’t…….according to our Gorgie Chums.

He’s not any better than they already have….. aye right. Still hurting.

WhileTheChief..
07-07-2023, 12:21 PM

Hope that's true :greengrin

They're having a nightmare week over on JKB. Lovin' it.

Stubbsy90+2
07-07-2023, 12:34 PM
I haven’t seen it mentioned. I’d have expected DU to say they have one in their statement about the transfer but as far as I can remember there wasn’t anything.

Yeah I hadn’t seen anything. If they don’t have one then Man Utd will be due nothing more for him.

1van Sprou7e
07-07-2023, 12:52 PM
How does anyone believe Man Utd give the slightest f about not receiving more for him? This kind of money is pocket change to them

ErinGoBraghHFC
07-07-2023, 12:55 PM
How does anyone believe Man Utd give the slightest f about not receiving more for him? This kind of money is pocket change to them

There’s a good chance no one at Utd can remember who he is