PDA

View Full Version : Your Cinch thoughts for the day

Tyler Durden
02-07-2023, 08:57 AM
New thread idea. Could be HIbs related chat, could be related to any other team.

Aberdeen Twitter. Find myself with a slightly irrational hatred of Dave Cormack. Between him and that Burrows it seems like they never shut up on Twitter. Posting a photo of himself yesterday with the full away kit on

On the one hand, fans want their owners to be engaged. But Cormack absolutely loves himself

Very annoying that these clowns took 3rd place and their fans deluded sense of entitlement is reinforced.

eastterrace
02-07-2023, 09:26 AM
New thread idea. Could be HIbs related chat, could be related to any other team.

Aberdeen Twitter. Find myself with a slightly irrational hatred of Dave Cormack. Between him and that Burrows it seems like they never shut up on Twitter. Posting a photo of himself yesterday with the full away kit on

On the one hand, fans want their owners to be engaged. But Cormack absolutely loves himself

Very annoying that these clowns took 3rd place and their fans deluded sense of entitlement is reinforced.
I kinda like him as he put the boot into that crowd with the Attendance FC , anything that works them up does me.

MWHIBBIES
02-07-2023, 09:29 AM
Hes certainly loving the moment they're having in the sun after a lucky run of wins. Hibs were better than them in all but 1 half of football in the 4 matches between the sides. They don't worry me personally. Would be extremely disappointing to finish below them and their rookie manager again this season.

Greencore
02-07-2023, 09:32 AM
They remind me of a popular Gretna.

Will all come crashing down on them when he leaves.

Since452
02-07-2023, 09:35 AM

Aberdeen fans have been insufferable. Particularly on Twitter. All of a sudden they seem to think they're a world football superpower. I thought Hearts fans had delusions of grandeur calling Hibs and Hearts yo-yo clubs etc forgetting they've been spared relegation through default twice in my lifetime. Their inevitable car crash will be very enjoyable this season. First time ever they've broken through the 10k season ticket mark. Cute.

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2023, 12:24 PM
Aberdeen fans have been insufferable. Particularly on Twitter. All of a sudden they seem to think they're a world football superpower. I thought Hearts fans had delusions of grandeur calling Hibs and Hearts yo-yo clubs etc forgetting they've been spared relegation through default twice in my lifetime. Their inevitable car crash will be very enjoyable this season. First time ever they've broken through the 10k season ticket mark. Cute.

Yeh. Aberdeen fans exist on past glories for sure. As you say they've avoided relegation through technicalities and on top of that they've won the sum total of one league cup in the last 27 years ... Hibs Hearts and St Johnstone have all done better in that time.

Their crowds are ok, but when you consider they don't have a top league rival within 60 miles of Aberdeen, a city of around 210,000 people, and they have a load of towns within 1.5 hours travel of the city you would think they could do better .... my trip to Edinburgh via Selkirk every home game takes about that by car, so I don't see it as an unreasonable task to see your team play at home. Their catchment area easily puts their potential support on a par with Hibs and Hearts I would have thought.

When you consider that it seems to be accepted that Aberdeen have more spending power than both Hibs and Hearts their failure to fully modernise Pittodrie in the last 30 years is pretty poor. Their excuse is the stadiums small footprint, but when you look at it on Google earth it's barely any different from Easter Road or Tynecastle.

There appears to be barely any houses behind any of the stands as a bar to building through light issues, so what was to stop them building up the way? Considering the monstrosity at the Beech end holds 6,000 I fail to see how it was so impossible to fit 14,000 seats into 3 modern stands on the rest of the stadium. If they switched the main stand to the other side of the pitch I don't see how they couldn't build a 6000 capacity two deck affair on that footprint, with a 5000 capacity stand opposite and a 2000 capacity stand behind the goals.

The Modfather
02-07-2023, 12:32 PM
Hes certainly loving the moment they're having in the sun after a lucky run of wins. Hibs were better than them in all but 1 half of football in the 4 matches between the sides. They don't worry me personally. Would be extremely disappointing to finish below them and their rookie manager again this season.

Is it not just sour grapes to say their run of wins to finish 3rd was lucky. They are by no means a good side, but neither were we or the other 9 sides last season. Hopefully next season the standard improves and it’s less of a race to the bottom and you win 3rd by being slightly less woeful than the others.

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-07-2023, 03:14 PM
Fans of all clubs think they're something special when they finish 3rd. We were no different 2 or 3 years back

But cormack just comes across as an egotistical ******** and I'd genuinely hate to have someone like him running our club

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-07-2023, 03:16 PM
Is it not just sour grapes to say their run of wins to finish 3rd was lucky. They are by no means a good side, but neither were we or the other 9 sides last season. Hopefully next season the standard improves and it’s less of a race to the bottom and you win 3rd by being slightly less woeful than the others.

I'll take being slightly less ***** than the other 9 if we get 3rd next season. I think this is the last season of guarantees group stage European fitbaw though?

Stubbsy90+2
02-07-2023, 03:29 PM
I'll take being slightly less ***** than the other 9 if we get 3rd next season. I think this is the last season of guarantees group stage European fitbaw though?

Sure someone said on here we’ve got at least another 2 or 3 guaranteed. After that it’ll be dependant on the performance of the clubs that qualify.

Tyler Durden
02-07-2023, 08:36 PM
I kinda like him as he put the boot into that crowd with the Attendance FC , anything that works them up does me.

I did enjoy that as well tbf The Hearts CEO had that coming.

All this “Stand free” pish though…

jacomo
02-07-2023, 08:57 PM
In the grand scheme of things I don’t mind a successful Aberdeen. Their fans will brag but if they are making Scottish football more competitive and more watchable then that’s an improvement in the ‘product’ that we could all benefit from.

What annoyed me under McInnes is that they would get stuffy, boring wins against us and other teams then lie down for Celtc and get their tummy tickled.

basehibby
03-07-2023, 12:49 AM

Nice idea - could do without the product placement in the thread title. Last time I looked I paid 10 quid a year to have no adverts

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2023, 01:22 PM
Nice idea - could do without the product placement in the thread title. Last time I looked I paid 10 quid a year to have no adverts

Whilst I'm not that bothered I was struggling to suss that one out too. 🤔

nonshinyfinish
03-07-2023, 01:36 PM

Some of the young folks use sponsors as a shorthand to refer to whatever league. Doesn't particularly annoy me generally, but if you reach the point of someone tweeting a video of something vaguely interesting happening in the French league with the caption "this is absolute peak Uber Eats!" it can get a bit grating.

Tyler Durden
03-07-2023, 01:57 PM

The league is the Cinch for me now. There’s no going back.

Diclonius
03-07-2023, 02:25 PM
Quite happy with a catch-all SPFL thread, the dedicated accounts on Twitter are always good for a laugh.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Some of the young folks use sponsors as a shorthand to refer to whatever league. Doesn't particularly annoy me generally, but if you reach the point of someone tweeting a video of something vaguely interesting happening in the French league with the caption "this is absolute peak Uber Eats!" it can get a bit grating.

I concur.

wookie70
03-07-2023, 07:01 PM
My thought today was that I can't believe I never noticed this image before. Location coupled with one of our favourite scorlin.

bingo70
04-07-2023, 06:06 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frankie-mcavoy-ends-hearts-confusion-30380990

“Frankie McAvoy ends hearts confusion by contradicting the previous statement about who’s actually in charge”

I’m sure when Naismith was appointed in that alternative role they openly stated they were just doing that to get round the rules?

Now it appears they’ve either changed their mind and McAvoy is actually in charge or they’ve shat the bed and realised if you’re going to break the rules, maybe you shouldn’t tell everyone how you’re doing it?

Chorley Hibee
04-07-2023, 06:18 AM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frankie-mcavoy-ends-hearts-confusion-30380990

“Frankie McAvoy ends hearts confusion by contradicting the previous statement about who’s actually in charge”

I’m sure when Naismith was appointed in that alternative role they openly stated they were just doing that to get round the rules?

Now it appears they’ve either changed their mind and McAvoy is actually in charge or they’ve shat the bed and realised if you’re going to break the rules, maybe you shouldn’t tell everyone how you’re doing it?

What an absolute **** show that is.

Only Hearts 🤣🙈

Stubbsy90+2
04-07-2023, 06:52 AM

:faf:

jacomo
04-07-2023, 07:07 AM

Honestly this makes me puke. The ***** have won.

jacomo
04-07-2023, 07:11 AM
What an absolute **** show that is.

Only Hearts 🤣🙈

Who’s going to be in the stands scribbling notes and who’s going to be talking about the schematics?

Bostonhibby
04-07-2023, 07:18 AM

Now it appears they’ve either changed their mind and McAvoy is actually in charge or they’ve shat the bed and realised if you’re going to break the rules, maybe you shouldn’t tell everyone how you’re doing it?Who gets the credit when they finally win the champions league and who gets the boot if they manage to get Brora'd again?

All big teams cheat to get round the rules and then grass themselves up.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
04-07-2023, 07:19 AM
Honestly this makes me puke. The ***** have won.

The Cinch have won?

Since452
04-07-2023, 08:49 AM

Oh ya ****er :faf:

Tyler Durden
04-07-2023, 09:10 AM
Who gets the credit when they finally win the champions league and who gets the boot if they manage to get Brora'd again?

All big teams cheat to get round the rules and then grass themselves up.

McAvoy sacked by October and Naismith to then take over?!

What a mess this is. When they announced them it was “Steven, Frankie and Gordon” and the emphasis was on Naismith first and foremost.

Now it’s McAvoy who picks the team? Seems like he is Savage’s man given their history at Preston. I doubt many Jambos had even heard of McAvoy 18 months ago.

Surely Naismith can’t be happy with this set up. Pleasing

MelbourneHibees
04-07-2023, 09:45 AM

What a mess this is. When they announced them it was “Steven, Frankie and Gordon” and the emphasis was on Naismith first and foremost.

Now it’s McAvoy who picks the team? Seems like he is Savage’s man given their history at Preston. I doubt many Jambos had even heard of McAvoy 18 months ago.

Surely Naismith can’t be happy with this set up. Pleasing
I think you have got it spot on. 100% Savages man.
Though presumably Naismith k ew what he was signing up for so he must be happy.

Since452
04-07-2023, 09:56 AM
Why Hearts thought it was a good idea to make permanent the temporary management team that won 2 in 7 is anyone's guess. Not that i'm complaining. It's getting into Eduard Malofeev territory.

Northernhibee
04-07-2023, 10:04 AM
I’m very keen to see how Aberdeen do with the group stage football this season. Hearts seemed to find it more of a curse than a blessing with a number of injuries and getting pumped off a number of teams, and it’ll be interesting to see if this will be a common theme.

It feels like Aberdeen benefitted from a new manager bounce at just the right time because by the end of the season I didn’t think that they looked all that. Seem to have recruited well.

Hearts will be up there. Much as their situation is a bit of a ****show from the outside, we all know it.

If we are to compete for third this season we have to be far more consistent. I don’t think LJ could survive another run like the one we had immediately before and after the World Cup break.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2023, 10:15 AM

Surely Naismith can’t be happy with this set up. PleasingStevie, Frankie and Gordon.

Sounds like a poor man's Crosby, Stills & Nash to me.

What could possibly go wrong?

Tyler Durden
04-07-2023, 10:32 AM
I’m very keen to see how Aberdeen do with the group stage football this season. Hearts seemed to find it more of a curse than a blessing with a number of injuries and getting pumped off a number of teams, and it’ll be interesting to see if this will be a common theme.

It feels like Aberdeen benefitted from a new manager bounce at just the right time because by the end of the season I didn’t think that they looked all that. Seem to have recruited well.

Hearts will be up there. Much as their situation is a bit of a ****show from the outside, we all know it.

If we are to compete for third this season we have to be far more consistent. I don’t think LJ could survive another run like the one we had immediately before and after the World Cup break.

Although Aberdeen weren’t great overall, they did consistently win home games right throughout the season.

3 more home wins than us. If you look at our games at home to St Johnstone, Ross County, Dundee Utd and Motherwell that we dropped points. Winning just 2 of those games would have had us 3rd.

We finished strongly at home so hopefully we can build on that.

Aldo
04-07-2023, 11:09 AM

Brilliant. You couldn’t make this up!

Aldo
04-07-2023, 11:14 AM
Can just see it

https://youtu.be/OGk_skwxYHM

WhileTheChief..
04-07-2023, 12:29 PM
I like Cormack.

They’re version of Ron Gordon and apparently the two of them got on great together. That’s good enough for me.

gbhibby
04-07-2023, 12:31 PM

Now it appears they’ve either changed their mind and McAvoy is actually in charge or they’ve shat the bed and realised if you’re going to break the rules, maybe you shouldn’t tell everyone how you’re doing it?https://youtu.be/1Tl-c_puzbM
Song for Naismith, Hey Frankie do you remember me.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
04-07-2023, 01:28 PM
This Hearts managerial farce is absolute classic Cinch.

Seems that 99% of Jambos are convinced that Naismith is in charge. Despite their actual named head coach announcing the opposite to their in house media team.

They seem to think UEFA are monitoring Hearts media. Despite not actually being clear on the rules or penalties for having a non qualified coach in European competition.

Mental stuff

Eyrie
04-07-2023, 06:53 PM
Stevie, Frankie and Gordon.

Sounds like a poor man's Crosby, Stills & Nash to me.

What could possibly go wrong?

More like Curly, Larry and Moe.

Bostonhibby
04-07-2023, 09:47 PM
More like Curly, Larry and Moe.[emoji23]

Weren't they more on the megastand design side?

McD
05-07-2023, 01:17 PM

naisy will deal with the finer details of getting targets signed?

Now starting to see why they’ve had such a successful time bringing new players in this window :wink:

Bristolhibby
05-07-2023, 06:15 PM

It’s still rankles that those clowns scabbed out of relegation on a technicality. They haven’t had to take any humble medicine.

And their inability to do their own scouting and just buying whoever we are interested in.

J

Diclonius
06-07-2023, 11:19 AM
The OF are arguing about derby tickets again.

Diclonius
10-07-2023, 02:04 PM
Not great news re the behaviour of ex-Celtic Paddy McCourt.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/former-celtic-and-northern-ireland-player-paddy-mccourt-given-suspended-sentence-for-sexual-assault

Hibernian Verse
14-07-2023, 08:53 AM
The League Cup starts tomorrow, which kicks off the domestic season.

Thank christ it's back. A few potential upsets;

Montrose v St Mirren
Brechin v Livi
Killie v Annan
Spartans v Dundee Utd
Elgin v Motherwell

Josh O'Connor and Murray Aitken could play for Airdrie at home to Dumbarton.

Tyler Durden
14-07-2023, 11:09 AM

Montrose v St Mirren
Brechin v Livi
Killie v Annan
Spartans v Dundee Utd
Elgin v Motherwell

Those are pretty much the games I'd have marked as the favourites being bankers! But someone is bound to slip up. Maybe St Mirren.

Think Killie and Airdrie should knock a few goals in.

Billy Whizz
15-07-2023, 02:26 PM
Suggesting the away derby at Tynie is not on TV as it stands, but the home one v Hearts at ER on 27th December is?

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11781/12920950/scottish-premiership-rangers-trip-to-ross-county-and-livingston-vs-celtic-to-be-shown-live-on-sky-sports

bingo70
15-07-2023, 03:26 PM

Montrose v St Mirren
Brechin v Livi
Killie v Annan
Spartans v Dundee Utd
Elgin v Motherwell

Dundee Utd a goal down to Spartans

overdrive
15-07-2023, 03:58 PM
Dundee Utd a goal down to Spartans

A few shocks.

Spartans beating Dundee Utd.
Stenhousemuir beating St Johnstone
Montrose beating St Mirren

Billy Whizz
17-07-2023, 03:58 PM
SPFL board for the dining season. Hibs represented at the top table

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-board-elected-for-season-202324