Hibbyradge
24-06-2023, 09:00 AM
Jeez, they're dull.

Q. "Why have you come to Hibs?"

A. "The size of the club and the history"

Q. "How excited are you to be at Hibs?"

A. "Very excited.

:faf:

I know there's not much else they can say when the first time they'd even heard of Hibs was when their agent told them we'd offered £x a year and a tidy signing on fee, but they really are dull interviews.

I'll keep watching them, of course. :greengrin

Edit: "Pressure is a privilege" was a bit different, tbf, although he probably got that from LJ! :wink:

bingo70
24-06-2023, 09:06 AM
Jeez, they're dull.

Q. "Why have you come to Hibs?"

A. "The size of the club and the history"

Q. "How excited are you to be at Hibs?"

A. "Very excited.

I know there's not much else they can say when the first time they'd even heard of Hibs was when their agent told them we'd offered £x a year and a tidy signing on fee, but they really are dull interviews.

I'll keep watching them, of course. :greengrin

Edit: "Pressure is a privilege" was a bit different, tbf, although he probably got that from LJ! :wink:

Yeah, even the official interviews with Boyle he comes across dull and we know that’s not the case.

Don’t know what they tell them before the interview but they seem terrified 😂

sauzeelegod
24-06-2023, 09:27 AM
Yeah I stopped watching interviews a long time ago. Just PR trained guff they all come out with.

Dmas
24-06-2023, 09:40 AM
The club channel for me should be more light hearted and a bit of fun can’t imagine the players enjoy media duty too much going direct to fans should be different than speaking to other forms of press so we can get a bit more out them, I’m not intending that as Criticism either I think they do a good job and totally understand that the guy may have dreams of being more mainstream but along the lines of when Tom zanelli was working would be great really looked like the players enjoyed being here and together sometimes now it all looks a bit awkward and wooden

SlickShoes
24-06-2023, 10:33 AM
The club channel for me should be more light hearted and a bit of fun can’t imagine the players enjoy media duty too much going direct to fans should be different than speaking to other forms of press so we can get a bit more out them, I’m not intending that as Criticism either I think they do a good job and totally understand that the guy may have dreams of being more mainstream but along the lines of when Tom zanelli was working would be great really looked like the players enjoyed being here and together sometimes now it all looks a bit awkward and wooden

Then you end up with folk slating them for not taking it seriously enough and thinking its a big laugh.

Also good to remember they are footballers first not on camera personalities

Silky
24-06-2023, 10:57 AM
Then you end up with folk slating them for not taking it seriously enough and thinking its a big laugh.

Also good to remember they are footballers first not on camera personalities

Or that they are slavers and talk p1$h

24-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Or that they are slavers and talk p1$h

Yeah they should just do their slavering on the pitch, or something.

HendoDelivered
24-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Surely not another thread of pointless things to moan about 🤣

Kato
24-06-2023, 11:58 AM
Yeah they should just do their slavering on the pitch, or something.Slavers don't show on a maroon jersey.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

McD
24-06-2023, 01:17 PM
Slavers don't show on a maroon jersey.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
24-06-2023, 01:35 PM
Favourite band? Best memory in football? Interests outside fooball? Na

Let's ask them about the training centre....

Frazerbob
24-06-2023, 01:36 PM
For the love of god 🤦🏻

Pretty Boy
24-06-2023, 01:51 PM
Football interviews have always been dull. Remember the old newspaper pull outs or Shoot and Match magazine. For any Scottish player ever:

Favourite drink: lager shandy (aye right)
Favourite TV show: none really
Post match routine: home and watch Match of the Day
Favourite singer: Rod Stewart or Neil Diamond
Favourite footballer: Kenny Dalglish or Dennis Law
Biggest ambition: to win a trophy and play for Scotland

It was like painting by numbers.

King Cosell
24-06-2023, 01:54 PM
Football interviews have always been dull. Remember the old newspaper pull outs or Shoot and Match magazine. For any Scottish player ever:

Favourite TV Show: Minder

Pretty Boy
24-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Favourite TV Show: Minder

Aye that was common with the English boys. Dennis Waterman as favourite actor and Keegan as favourite player too.

Also biggest dislike: losing (or pre season training for those feeling a bit subversive)

matty_f
24-06-2023, 03:25 PM

What about the infamous Murdo Macleod interview where he pretty much refused to give a view on anything? :Faf:

JimBHibees
24-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Quite like the player interviews. ALF recent one was good

Tambo
24-06-2023, 08:58 PM
The player interviews in the old programs are a good read, looking at one now vs falkirk 19th April 1995 and an On the spot with Greg Miller.

Which team did you support as a boy? St Mirren

Most hated household household chores? Dusting, that's the killer. Or ironing.

Lancs Harp
24-06-2023, 09:27 PM
The player interviews in the old programs are a good read, looking at one now vs falkirk 19th April 1995 and an On the spot with Greg Miller.

Which team did you support as a boy? St Mirren

Most hated household household chores? Dusting, that's the killer. Or ironing.

Or dream car a cortina or a capri 😀