Nice one ✅

5pm Saturday.

wookie70
23-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Hi all,

Who's taking part in this great idea?
What times your slot ?

I'm down for the 3pm ko start....no chance of 1am 🤣

I'll be taking photos of that slot as my daughter is playing(she has never really kicked a ball before so hope she is ok) Make yourself known and I'll make sure I get a few pics for you

wookie70
23-06-2023, 02:38 PM
Nice one ✅

5pm Saturday. That sounds like a great slot given who will be on the pitch. My son and mates are playing so there will be plenty photos of that game. If you get the chance please say hello as it would be nice to meet you in person.

Power
23-06-2023, 04:16 PM
That sounds like a great slot given who will be on the pitch. My son and mates are playing so there will be plenty photos of that game. If you get the chance please say hello as it would be nice to meet you in person.

Brilliant! I’ll hopefully catch up with you S. I’m up there the full 24hours ✅

wookie70
23-06-2023, 05:22 PM
Brilliant! I’ll hopefully catch up with you S. I’m up there the full 24hours ✅

I pondered doing that but the Girls Dev Tourney is on too and I said to Paul I would try and get some images of that. The Dev teams have been great for the photos and between them and me there will be a nice donation coming in.

So much happening with the Foundation and hopefully it can continue to grow and get better and better. I'll be popping in and out and will try to do an hour in the middle of the night and get some of the kids too on Sunday. Hopefully, this can become a yearly event and perhaps moved to be played at Easter Road right after the last home match. I'm sure the interest would be greater if participants were playing on the hallowed turf.

18Craig75
23-06-2023, 05:24 PM
I’m there with the wee man and the other Hibs Academy Tots. His 2nd birthday as well so very much looking forward to it!

Torto7062
23-06-2023, 08:59 PM
That sounds like a great slot given who will be on the pitch. My son and mates are playing so there will be plenty photos of that game. If you get the chance please say hello as it would be nice to meet you in person.

Will they have ex players involved ?

Cod Boy
23-06-2023, 09:36 PM
I’m going with my lads and his pals there playing in 2009/10 slot on Sunday morning.

wookie70
23-06-2023, 09:58 PM
Will they have ex players involved ?

Ex players and current players managing and some nice surprises along the way with those playing. I only know about a few of the things happening but it sounds like it will be a great event and hopefully one that endures and grows.

The fundraising total is starting to creep up which is great. When I stuck my money in earlier today it was about £12.4K so a nice rise and hopefully lots more to come

Torto7062
24-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Ex players and current players managing and some nice surprises along the way with those playing. I only know about a few of the things happening but it sounds like it will be a great event and hopefully one that endures and grows.

The fundraising total is starting to creep up which is great. When I stuck my money in earlier today it was about £12.4K so a nice rise and hopefully lots more to come

I'm on at 3-4 someone bring an oxygen tank

Torto7062
24-06-2023, 04:17 PM
I'll be taking photos of that slot as my daughter is playing(she has never really kicked a ball before so hope she is ok) Make yourself known and I'll make sure I get a few pics for you

Did you get my D.M mate signal poor down here

NC1875
24-06-2023, 05:58 PM
Is the training centre open to all tomorrow with the fun fair, events etc ? Or just people who have played in the game ?

Brooster
24-06-2023, 06:00 PM
I'm on at 10 tonight....I hope my old bones and muscles can take it.

3pm
24-06-2023, 06:54 PM

Beware of Bonecrusher Brooster.

wookie70
24-06-2023, 07:06 PM
Did you get my D.M mate signal poor down here

I never and can't see it now I am home.

Hiber-nation
24-06-2023, 07:12 PM

Good luck Stevie, you'll stroll through it :greengrin

wookie70
24-06-2023, 08:02 PM
A brilliant day so far down at East Mains. Lots of familiar faces and a really good show from the press too. My favourite part from the 5 hours I was there was the player who scored at the other end from my camera. He ran the full length of the pitch emotionless and I gave him a wave so I could get a nice shot. He ended up too close for my big lens and as I swapped to the second camera he broke in to an Youan Cele. So funny and I have a nice image for you if you are on here or if anyone know who he was.

Delighted as my daughter got a few touches and the guys were really good keeping her involved. She can dine out on being in SDG team at HTC for the rest of her days. My son also bagged a goal so in terms of my family I had a great few hours. In terms of the Hibs family the Community Foundation has again done teh club proud and events like today need your support. Not often you get so many players, coaches, executives etc standing next to you and happy to engage and have a blether about the club. It is a club, I'm not just a supporter but a member of a very special club, just like any Hibs fan that wants to be, and I want to do my best to make it flourish.

MagicSwirlingShip
24-06-2023, 08:14 PM
A brilliant day so far down at East Mains. Lots of familiar faces and a really good show from the press too. My favourite part from the 5 hours I was there was the player who scored at the other end from my camera. He ran the full length of the pitch emotionless and I gave him a wave so I could get a nice shot. He ended up too close for my big lens and as I swapped to the second camera he broke in to an Youan Cele. So funny and I have a nice image for you if you are on here or if anyone know who he was.

Delighted as my daughter got a few touches and the guys were really good keeping her involved. She can dine out on being in SDG team at HTC for the rest of her days. My son also bagged a goal so in terms of my family I had a great few hours. In terms of the Hibs family the Community Foundation has again done teh club proud and events like today need your support. Not often you get so many players, coaches, executives etc standing next to you and happy to engage and have a blether about the club. It is a club, I'm not just a supporter but a member of a very special club, just like any Hibs fan that wants to be, and I want to do my best to make it flourish.

That’s class!

Power
24-06-2023, 08:15 PM

That was me 😅

Great effort on the cameras today S ✅

JohnM1875
24-06-2023, 08:17 PM
What a ****ing football club man!

And thank you as well, to the Gordon family. Taken a lot of stick, but I don't think there can be any doubt now all they want is a successful Hibernian.

wookie70
24-06-2023, 08:42 PM
That was me 😅

Great effort on the cameras today S ✅

Here you are in all your post goal glory. Well done to everyone involved in organising. So many good people round the club.

From the outside there looks to be a real collective spirit around those that work for the club. Let's hope it leads to some success on the park.

mcohibs
24-06-2023, 10:16 PM

Did you stick around for the 6pm kick off mate? Think there was a photographer side of goal, not sure if you!

wookie70
24-06-2023, 11:14 PM
Did you stick around for the 6pm kick off mate? Think there was a photographer side of goal, not sure if you! I was there for 6pm and left after that game. Heading down for an hour at 3am and then back again around 9am. I'll get the photos sorted in the next day or two. If there are enough decent ones I'll put them on sale with all profits to the Foundation

Torto7062
25-06-2023, 07:10 AM

Tried to PM you again lol

Your right mate everyone there couldn't have made us any more welcome...fantastic day

Brooster
25-06-2023, 07:33 AM
I playe 10-12 last night, really enjoyed it. It was really well planned and the organisers were on the ball. Everyone was so friendly. I'll try to pop up today for the last couple of games. My body is in bits today, I can hardly walk, worth it though. Here's my JustGiving page if anyone would like to donate to such a great cause https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/steven-clark22

Torto7062
25-06-2023, 07:38 AM
https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/hibsfootballchallenge

Let's push for the kids to win the prizes

John

Brooster
25-06-2023, 08:01 AM

Let's push for the kids to win the prizes

John

I'm happy for the kids to meet the first team and have a tour if I was top earner. As long as we make money for the foundation.

zitelli62
25-06-2023, 08:37 AM

Your right we are more than just a football club we are a community and I bless my dad every day that he brought me up a hibs fan.

Torto7062
25-06-2023, 08:46 AM
I'm happy for the kids to meet the first team and have a tour if I was top earner. As long as we make money for the foundation.

👏👏👏👏👏👏
Fantastic Gesture Brooster

John

18Craig75
25-06-2023, 08:57 AM
Just back. Huge well done to all the boys academy staff, really well managed - not an easy task keeping 100 odd kids in check. Great start to the wee man’s birthday, he was the youngest participant of the whole event.

Well done to all at the foundation & club who made it happen. Things like this will inspire the young ones and can only help strengthen the ties between community/club/fans!

Gloucester Hibs
25-06-2023, 09:31 AM
Was there with the wee man 7-9 this morning - he was playing with the Hibees Tots group. Absolutely brilliant job by the community coaches and all those involved 👏🏻 He absolutely loved it and didn’t want to leave. Managed to get a few pics with some of the players too as they began to arrive, great morning 💚

Dmas
25-06-2023, 09:31 AM
Seeing the updates on Twitter looks absolutely quality, huge well done to all involved

Power
25-06-2023, 10:15 AM
If you’ve enjoyed the content from the Ron Gordon 24-hour Football challenge event, here is the link to put a small donation over to a great cause ✅

Funds raised will pay for community lunches at Easter Road for those struggling the most with the cost of living crisis for the next year 💚

wookie70
25-06-2023, 03:07 PM
That is me just home. Manged the last 12 hours and the first 4 hours too. The event was fantastic and huge credit must go to John Humphries who did much of teh organising of players and who was grabbing anyone that was watching and persuading them on to the pitch. That unfortunately included me with knackered knees and Achilles but glad I took part on the pitch as well as the side lines. John wasn't alone though and Power did a massive shift, as did lots of HCF and HFC staff. Our CEO and owners have taken a bit of stick in the past but they were there for long periods of the 24 hours and were a real credit to the club. That is pretty usual as they are often at the Foundation events. They don't just walk the walk when it comes to the community they are there for hours passing out drinks, joining in, tidying up and talking to fans. They absolutely deserve our support and so do the Community Foundation.

Now to sift through about 15000 images to search for some good ones. I'll put a good selection up on my website hoping they will sell and all the cash will go to the foundation. I had a wee target in mind to raise when I started taking photos and have already surpassed that so hope to get to double it with sales from this.

As power said the fundraising is still ongoing and currently sits just about £16K. If you are able please have a look and give generously.

NC1875
25-06-2023, 03:13 PM
Was up this afternoon with a mate and the kids. The Boys had an absolute ball, the players were all fantastic with them. Especially Boyle who had a kick about with them inside.

Great day and makes you proud to be a hibee. Now let’s kick on next season 💚

WoreTheGreen
25-06-2023, 03:35 PM
Daughters other half a j—-o played at 1 am so hats of to all involved

wookie70
25-06-2023, 04:52 PM
Daughters other half a j—-o played at 1 am so hats of to all involved There was definitely one Jambo playing at 3am
Judging by the trademark hand signals. Fair play as you say though

WoreTheGreen
25-06-2023, 04:57 PM
Hibs fanatic family so fair play to the j…:o

wookie70
25-06-2023, 08:16 PM
Hibs fanatic family so fair play to the j…:o
Not sure if this is the lad you are talking about but when we were short on numbers he helped the challenge continue through the night. Good on him

Cod Boy
25-06-2023, 08:51 PM
My son and his 2 pals played the 2009/10 hour and then got to play the 2007/08 hour great day great tunes. Pizza and drinks giving out brilliantly organised well done everyone.