PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pasty

DIXIHIBS
21-06-2023, 05:28 PM
Sad news that well known hibs fan Michael "Pasty" Pace has passed away suddenly. A regular in hibs club for 40 plus years and Tartan Army veteran for similar time. Rarely missed a Scotland game home or away and made many friends over that time. RIP Pasty. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Ringothedog
21-06-2023, 05:33 PM
Very sad news indeed. RIP “pasty”.

Juice-Terry
21-06-2023, 05:38 PM
R.i.p.

147lothian
21-06-2023, 05:43 PM
Sad news that well known hibs fan Michael "Pasty" Pace has passed away suddenly. A regular in hibs club for 40 plus years and Tartan Army veteran for similar time. Rarely missed a Scotland game home or away and made many friends over that time. RIP Pasty. Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Sad to here this, I've known Pasty for many years, he was always a permanent feature in the games room at the Hibs club, last to leave to get round for the game but a close contender for first one back at the bar, always good company, I've no doubt his lose will be felt hard by the Tartan Army members not only from our club, but from other clubs TA members also.

Eaststand
21-06-2023, 05:45 PM
Very sorry to read this.
Pasty was a great wee Hibby and he looked really healthy when I chatted to him fairly recently when he was doing leaflet deliveries.

RIP

GGTTH

fat freddy
21-06-2023, 05:49 PM
Another familiar face gone, I first met him at a Heart's v Arsenal friendly at Tynecastle in the seventies, Cropley had signed for Arsenal and a good few Hibs fans were undercover in the crowd to see him perform. Pasty was the only one wearing a Hibs scarf though...
RIP Wee Man

offshorehibby
21-06-2023, 05:57 PM

Definitely sad news G, had a wee tear in my eyes when the text came through.
RIP Pasty old pal.

ACLeith
21-06-2023, 05:57 PM
Knew him from when he was a wee lad in the BB and later when he delivered his catalogues round our street. Tried to buy something from it whenever I could, for auld times sake.

Sad news

Lancs Harp
21-06-2023, 06:02 PM
RIP Fellow Hibby
Respect Auld Enemy

tamig
21-06-2023, 06:12 PM
That’s a shocker. Knew Michael well both as a Hibby and as the Betterware guy. Great wee guy and loved his appearance on a Scotland documentary from either the 82 or 86 World Cup. What a blow. RIP Michael 🙌

Gorebridge Hibb
21-06-2023, 06:13 PM
Knew him from when he was a wee lad in the BB and later when he delivered his catalogues round our street. Tried to buy something from it whenever I could, for auld times sake.

Sad news. Yip, knew him from 10th Leith BB Great wee guy RIP.

cabbageandribs1875
21-06-2023, 06:17 PM
. Yip, knew him from 10th Leith BB Great wee guy RIP.

i was just about to ask if it was the 10th :agree: so i do remember 'pasty', i'm sure an old poster from here will also have known him as well, peevemore(sp) very sad, did he have a brother ?

anyway RIP Michael condolences to all family and friends

DIXIHIBS
21-06-2023, 06:25 PM
i was just about to ask if it was the 10th :agree: so i do remember 'pasty', i'm sure an old poster from here will also have known him as well, peevemore(sp) very sad, did he have a brother ?

anyway RIP Michael condolences to all family and friends

Yes he had a brother. David i think.

DIXIHIBS
21-06-2023, 06:27 PM
Definitely sad news G, had a wee tear in my eyes when the text came through.
RIP Pasty old pal.

At least he got one last scotland trip...he was in Norway at the weekend...in fine form apparently.

cabbageandribs1875
21-06-2023, 06:29 PM

that's the very first name i thought of :agree:

offshorehibby
21-06-2023, 06:37 PM
At least he got one last scotland trip...he was in Norway at the weekend...in fine form apparently.

Yes, I heard the boys had spoken to him and all fine in Oslo. Saw a good Scotland away result before he went.

Fanforlife
21-06-2023, 07:19 PM
R.I.P. Pasty💚💚

Nakedmanoncrack
21-06-2023, 07:37 PM

Spoke to him on Saturday afternoon before the game in Oslo, and not a hint of anything untoward so was a real shock to hear about Pasty this afternoon, he was one of the faces who had been about for years.

And without knowing him particularly well - like most of the regular travelling Scotland fans of the last few decades I knew him to speak to.

At least he got to go out on a high, with a great trip and result.

RIP.

J-C
21-06-2023, 07:49 PM
RIP Pasty, such a shame, stayed a couple streets from me and was a well kent face around Leith links and Easter Rd.

Billy Whizz
21-06-2023, 07:55 PM
I don’t know the name, but he seems a fantastic Hibs and Scotland supporter
Really sad news

hibeerealist
21-06-2023, 08:00 PM
R I P Pasty. Sad news I knew him from school then the Hibs/Hibs club, good wee guy.

Just Alf
21-06-2023, 08:15 PM
RIP matey, will have one for you in Pipers.

Humber Hibby
21-06-2023, 08:47 PM
That's sad news, he was in my class all through primary, Leith Links.

Frazerbob
21-06-2023, 09:04 PM
I was genuinely shocked to hear about this this morning. By all accounts he was in good form in Oslo over the weekend. He was a regular in my pub every Sunday night and will be missed by the staff and other punters. Shame he wont be in Germany with the TA next year. RIP Pesty....I meant Pasty!

darwenhibby
21-06-2023, 09:08 PM
Sorry to read this
Good Hibby and Scotland supporter
I’ll let Blackpool hibs tell a cracking story about him 20 years ago when we were all at the Hibs tournament at the MEN in Manchester

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2023, 09:16 PM
Sorry to read this
Good Hibby and Scotland supporter
I’ll let Blackpool hibs tell a cracking story about him 20 years ago when we were all at the Hibs tournament at the MEN in Manchester
I have the pictures somewhere. :greengrin

RIP Pasty.

Forza Fred
22-06-2023, 01:34 AM
I knew Pasty from school and bumped into him in the Hibsclub when back home on holidays.

Sad to hear this news.

brog
22-06-2023, 08:42 AM
I left Edinburgh over 40 years ago but Michael, aka Pasty, never changed. He even looked the same and he was always the Duracell bunny! Sad, sad news.

hibbybob
22-06-2023, 10:38 AM
First met Pasty at the World Cup in Spain 1982. He was still showing photos from that trip years later to anybody/everybody whether they wanted to see them or not.
Quite a character and really likeable guy.
RIP Pasty.

H18S NX
22-06-2023, 11:11 AM
So sad to hear about this,known him for years in the Hibs club and a few Scotland trips.RIP wee man,rest easy.

Hibernia&Alba
22-06-2023, 05:26 PM
Very sad news. It's always hard reading these threads of another dedicated Hibby leaving us. RIP sir.

surreyhibbie
22-06-2023, 07:45 PM
Didn't know the guy but its obvious from the comments on this thread that he was a well liked character and a good Hibby.

RIP wee man.

stuart-farquhar
22-06-2023, 08:04 PM
Barry Island, 1985. Pasty chucked in the pool on numerous occasions. Easier than chucking big Frank!

Both will be sorely missed.

DIXIHIBS
22-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Barry Island, 1985. Pasty chucked in the pool on numerous occasions. Easier than chucking big Frank!

Both will be sorely missed.

You could write a book about the antics Pasty got up to over the years. Lived life to the full.

adam middlemass
23-06-2023, 08:59 AM
Very sad news. It's always hard reading these threads of another dedicated Hibby leaving us. RIP sir.

Didn’t know him personally, but always remember the cheery wee fella in the supporters club on Sunnyside. Him and big Frank always bumping the gums about the Hibees ! Both will be a big miss, RIP little & large. :flag:

Just_Jimmy
23-06-2023, 09:05 AM
Didn't know him personally but I knew his face from the club over the years.

Always sad to hear the loss of a fellow Hibby.

RIP.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
23-06-2023, 09:32 AM
You could write a book about the antics Pasty got up to over the years. Lived life to the full.

Aye, probably many of them couldn’t be recounted here….😂

I remember nearly pissing myself laughing one night in the Hibs Club when he told me about what led to his early graduation from Leith Academy!

Most people would bury it but even he could see the funny side of it!

NthCarolinaHibs
23-06-2023, 10:22 AM
Very sad news....when we went to Strasbourg in 1978, for the Hibs game, nobody except Pasty had a hotel room,and when we found out where he was staying,we chapped his door..." Yous no got a room?" was his reply,and as a good few of us trooped into his room..."Aye ..we have now.."..he took it well and we crashed on the floor..
RIP wee man..

linlithgowhibbie
23-06-2023, 06:29 PM

Pastie had an older brother, Ronald who has sadly passed, a wee brother called David and a sister called Susan. He lived just up the road from me near the Links, he was in Restalrig Road, I was in Gladstone Place. He was always a great wee guy. I remember being in stitches one time when he was used as a ventriloquists dummy, sitting on a guys knee and doing a belter of an act. RIP Mikey.

DIXIHIBS
23-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Articles in the sun/record about him. Some kind words.

Baldy Foghorn
24-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Brutal news Dixi.

A well know face, a games room regular. Always had a funny story

RIP Pasty

Swedish hibee
26-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Rest in peace pal. very friendly man who never forgot my face over the years. Condolences to his family & friends.

Scotty Leither
26-06-2023, 09:44 PM
You were unique, Mikey.

Rest easy wee man, until the next time pal.

delbert
27-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Very sad news....when we went to Strasbourg in 1978, for the Hibs game, nobody except Pasty had a hotel room,and when we found out where he was staying,we chapped his door..." Yous no got a room?" was his reply,and as a good few of us trooped into his room..."Aye ..we have now.."..he took it well and we crashed on the floor..
RIP wee man..

I remember that trip well, the supporters bus was a hoot, drivers got lost in central France but found a sign which said ‘Gendarmerie’ and then spent ages trying to find the town of that name on the map !

Frazerbob
29-06-2023, 09:48 AM
If anyone wants to go, Pastys funeral will be on Friday 14 July at Seafield Crematorium at 1pm then one of the function suites at Easter Road. I believe it’s open to all.

McIntosh
30-06-2023, 08:12 PM
Michael was my next door neighbour when I lived in Bothwell House, he was a great lad. A funny, kind and warm human-being, an absolute Hibs fanatic. When I read this, I couldn't help think, what they will make of him upstairs. Well whatever they think, he really has joined the angels high above and I am certain, he will be singing, glory to the..........

DIXIHIBS
04-08-2023, 04:10 PM
Quick update....there will a minutes applause for wee Pasty on sunday v st mirren on the 67th minute. Anyone who uses facebook/twitter etc....could you please pass this on. Many thanks.