PDA

View Full Version : Bevvy.com

Hibees1973
15-06-2023, 10:20 AM
Goodness me.

Just been sent an email from Hibs that our new main front of strip sponsor is......Bevvy.com

Eh, is this for real?

All fine and well championing it as our highest earning deal but if true, a new low as our front of strip main sponsor.

Vault Boy
15-06-2023, 10:22 AM
I don’t see any problem with it. A record breaking deal with a Hibs supporting, Scottish company, and an all-white logo for our home shirt to boot.

The Hibs are oot for a bevy.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2023, 10:23 AM
I'd rather we steered clear of alcohol, gambling etc. but what is done, is done.

Tbh I reckon it could be a big seller. A strip with 'Bevvy' on the front will have an appeal beyond Hibs with collectors and the like.

Hibs3-2
15-06-2023, 10:24 AM
Been advertised around ER last season and no one seen/noticed an issue with it.

Sponsors fine - pays money into club.

Edinburgh Green
15-06-2023, 10:25 AM
Goodness me.

Just been sent an email from Hibs that our new main front of strip sponsor is......Bevvy.com

Eh, is this for real?

All fine and well championing it as our highest earning deal but if true, a new low as our front of strip main sponsor.

Haha, a new low? Behave

Jones28
Goodness me.

Eh, is this for real?

More so than Marathon Bet - who front our cup winning shirt? Or Carlsberg? Or Whyte & Mackie? Or Crabbies?

But then, you haven't had a good whinge for a while so fill yer boots.

J-C
We had Carlsberg, I have no problem with it, get the cash in is the main thing.

Green Man
15-06-2023, 10:26 AM
I don’t have a problem with them sponsoring us but I’m surprised that what seems like a small company is able to give us our biggest ever deal.

ElginHibbie
15-06-2023, 10:27 AM
The low was the first season with Marathon Bet, basically a horrible sticker

Vault Boy
15-06-2023, 10:29 AM
I don’t have a problem with them sponsoring us but I’m surprised that what seems like a small company is able to give us our biggest ever deal.

They’ve got backing from international VC firms including one in LA, they’ll be operating on seed money I suppose. Being a tech startup with Californian VC backing probably suggests some big bucks!

Diclonius
Have to admit I'm disappointed we've again chosen alcohol as our shirt sponsor. Along with gambling it's something we should be trying to phase out.

Also, my Dad tried the Bevvy app and it was *****.

Hibs90

That the most interesting thing I wonder how much it is.

RyeSloan
15-06-2023, 10:33 AM
More so than Marathon Bet - who front our cup winning shirt? Or Carlsberg? Or Whyte & Mackie? Or Crabbies?

But then, you haven't had a good whinge for a while so fill yer boots.

No issues from me either.

Curious as to how they make any revenue though!

Green Man
15-06-2023, 10:33 AM
They’ve got backing from international VC firms including one in LA, they’ll be operating on seed money I suppose. Being a tech startup with Californian VC backing probably suggests some big bucks!

I wondered if that was the case, some of these VC firms throw silly money at startups.

Vault Boy
15-06-2023, 10:35 AM
I wondered if that was the case, some of these VC firms throw silly money at startups.

Aye, they’ve got the capital to be able to throw **** at the wall until it sticks. I’d imagine the reason behind the ‘at least two years’ wording in the press release is because that’s all the runway Bevvy can guarantee.

If they’re successful in future funding rounds then it may well get renewed.

MelbourneHibees
15-06-2023, 10:36 AM
Doesn't exactly evoke Hibs Class. A dirge on our society. I thought we (football as a whole) was moving on from this nonsense.

Stairway 2 7
15-06-2023, 10:39 AM
As far as I see they aren't an alcohol company but a valuation Co, is that correct. We had Edin Mill on our strip recently without much issue

DH1875
15-06-2023, 10:40 AM
Money talks and as we are talking money.....how much they paying?

Hibees1973
15-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Have to admit I'm disappointed we've again chosen alcohol as our shirt sponsor. Along with gambling it's something we should be trying to phase out.

Also, my Dad tried the Bevvy app and it was *****.

Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

When you see any team jersey on national TV they are immediately associated and branded with their main shirt sponsor. Yes, loads of clubs have alcohol and betting shirt sponsors. But to now have a slang word for alcohol at the front of the jersey is very poor, short sighted, lacks class and is shocking marketing for the club.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids.

McGruber
Love it

SaulGoodman
Has anyone actually looked at the website? Or just making assumptions based on the name? They don’t sell alcohol.

Hibbyradge
It seems a bit of a niche website to be chucking huge amounts of cash at a football club.

How does it make money? It doesn't seem to sell anything or am I looking in the wrong place?

stuart-farquhar
An embarrassing logo. Up there with Wonga.

What next Buckfast!

Tyler Durden
15-06-2023, 10:43 AM
As far as I see they aren't an alcohol company but a valuation Co, is that correct. We had Edin Mill on our strip recently without much issue

Correct

For what their app does, arguably it's a daft choice of name. Grabs the attention I suppose.

Carheenlea
15-06-2023, 10:43 AM
A premier Scottish sports club with “Bevvy” emblazoned across their shirts just isn’t a great look for me.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-06-2023, 10:45 AM
So many people not even looking into the company before moaning. Its a great app for getting values, and logging whiskey collections; not encouraging people to buy a 6 pack and sit on the curb necking it.

Very good sponsor IMO.

DaveF
Scottish club with Scottish slang word, generating interest for the paying sponsor.

Sounds like job done to me.

Gloucester Hibs
Even as a startup company I’m wondering how they intend to make their dosh? Paid-for subscription access to their whisky database? Very niche! But if they’re paying the big bucks…

BlackSheep
15-06-2023, 10:46 AM
Even as a startup company I’m wondering how they intend to make their dosh? Paid-for subscription access to their whisky database? Very niche! But if they’re paying the big bucks…

They’ve had an influx of global investment recently.

Stuart93
15-06-2023, 10:47 AM
“A new low” dearie me

Carheenlea
15-06-2023, 10:49 AM

A bevvy merchant?

Sean1875
15-06-2023, 10:50 AM
Mon the bevvy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcohibs
15-06-2023, 10:51 AM
Goodness me.

Eh, is this for real?

You even bother to look into what the company does? Would’ve taken you less time than this post.

Lots of twisters knickers on this thread.

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 10:52 AM
Doesn't exactly evoke Hibs Class. A dirge on our society. I thought we (football as a whole) was moving on from this nonsense.

Have a look at what the company does before you call it a dirge on society.

AL-Qaholik
15-06-2023, 10:53 AM
Looks like the logo has a QR code embedded in it. That's a first on me.

Groathillgrump
15-06-2023, 10:54 AM
My issue with this is that their brand name sucks. It just sounds cheap.

Also, we probably won't be able to wear it in European ties because it's promoting alcohol.

overdrive
15-06-2023, 10:54 AM
Despite the naff name, I’m not too bothered. The bit that I find a bit weird is the QR code being on the strip.

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 10:55 AM

Also, we probably won't be able to wear it in European ties because it's promoting alcohol.

I suspect Scotland isn't their principle market. American & Japanese buyers won't know what Bevvy colloquially means to us.

Donegal Hibby
15-06-2023, 10:55 AM
No issues with it whatsoever . Seems to be a very good deal for Hibs too.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-tease-202324-home-kit-as-easter-road-side-announces-new-principal-partner-4183849

Since452
15-06-2023, 10:57 AM
The fact people are talking about it is music to the sponsors ears. Job done. Very clever marketing.

Vault Boy
15-06-2023, 10:57 AM
If they build a large enough userbase, whisky companies will pay good money to get on a ’featured’ or ‘recommended’ list, get a mention in their email blasts, or provide affiliate links for purchases through the app. I’d imagine something like this is the prospective model they’re pitching to VC firms and individual angels.

Of course the international market for whiskies is now massive, so I’m sure that alone is appealing to VCs. Like most startups, Bevvy will continue to operate whilst attempting to raise capital, spending most of their cash on marketing and development. They’ll either wind up at the end of their runway, get bought out, or go public (which is unlikely).

Whatever the case may be, they’re giving Hibs a good chunk of cash and I’m happy with that.

ScottB
15-06-2023, 10:58 AM

The era of startups getting loads of cheap money on the idea they eventually make profits is pretty much done in the current climate.

As long as we’re getting the cash up front, doesn’t really matter if they’ve got a business model or not…

Stairway 2 7
15-06-2023, 10:58 AM
I suspect Scotland isn't their principle market. American & Japanese buyers won't know what Bevvy colloquially means to us.

India becoming number 1 importer, they love it and the history ect. This app will be pushed more there than here I'd bet

Green Man
15-06-2023, 11:00 AM
I’ve just been looking at bevvy’s website and it mentions their proprietary image capturing software. It could be that expansion plans include putting this software to other uses, or even a buyout by a company looking to utilise the tech.

The Tubs
15-06-2023, 11:01 AM
I like the name, though I'd probably prefer Peeve.com.

MelbourneHibees
15-06-2023, 11:01 AM

I have, I've heard of them before today.
They are basically a Whisky database. I like a tipple just as many others do but I'm strongly against sports teams sponsoring the market. And the worst part is the name. Running about with Bevvy emblazoned on our shirts ffs.

ScottB
15-06-2023, 11:02 AM
The branding and website seem very basic to me, I’ll check out the app at some point. Perhaps it’s quite early days for them as a business.

Essentially it sounds like a whisky version of On Tapped (I think it’s called) that seems very popular with my craft beer drinking mates, you can log what you’ve drank, find out about it etc.

Jay
15-06-2023, 11:02 AM
You even bother to look into what the company does? Would’ve taken you less time than this post.

Lots of twisters knickers on this thread.

Ultimately as a name on a shirt it doesn't really matter what the company does, its what's portrayed when people see it. And the name and logo on the shirt suggests alcohol - lots of it. I totally get why a lot of people don't like it. From wanting the club to do better to alcohol having blighted their lives there's many reasons.

MelbourneHibees
15-06-2023, 11:03 AM
No issues with it whatsoever . Seems to be a very good deal for Hibs too.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-tease-202324-home-kit-as-easter-road-side-announces-new-principal-partner-4183849

Holy **** there is actually a QR code as part of that logo.

Keith_M
15-06-2023, 11:05 AM

Agree with that.

To me it conjures the image of a Trainspotting 3 movie,, with geriatric versions of Renton, Sick Boy. etc, sitting on some park bench getting blootered... wearing Hibs shirts with 'Bevvy'.

SaulGoodman
15-06-2023, 11:05 AM

Oh no?..

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 11:06 AM

Oh my god that's disgusting

Squealing pig
15-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Bevvy merchants 🍺

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 11:08 AM
It's entertaining seeing the posts about how terrible the name is.

Their marketing team will be absolutely loving it.

Lendo
I will admit to cringing when I got the email. Felt like this is this our Wonga.com moment.

Jones28

There is, and they're going to use it as a way to release content exclusive to this with access to the QR code over the course of the season.

I don't think I've ever heard of this before?

RyeSloan
15-06-2023, 11:11 AM

Or come back and explain what the sentence even means!

Renfrew_Hibby
15-06-2023, 11:11 AM
If they dont actually sell alcohol it will appear on kids tops, or wont it?

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 11:13 AM
If they dont actually sell alcohol it will appear on kids tops, or wont it?

Kids kits have Utilita on them

WhileTheChief..
15-06-2023, 11:14 AM
We have multiple thread at times with talking about going for drinks around Hibs games. Check the Euro or Friendly threads as examples.

Why should we object to then sponsoring us when we enjoy a drink ourselves?!

wallpaperman
15-06-2023, 11:14 AM
I’m sure the club will have done due diligence, but I hope we get some of the money up front.

Look to be a tiny company, 3 employees as at the April 2022 accounts.

Jones28
15-06-2023, 11:15 AM
We have multiple thread at times with talking about going for drinks around Hibs games. Check the Euro or Friendly threads as examples.

Exactly this.

“What time does X Y Z pub open for a 12 o clock kick off”

“This is a disgrace blah blah blah”

Gies peace ffs

Renfrew_Hibby
15-06-2023, 11:16 AM

Just read that doh

Donegal Hibby
15-06-2023, 11:16 AM
Got no issues with that either especially as it's meant to be a record breaking deal as well. :greengrin

mcohibs
15-06-2023, 11:19 AM

Because some fans like putting the boot into the club at any given opportunity.

Likely a lot of the same people would be queuing up at the clubstore if we’d announced a return to Carlsberg (a company that actually sells booze).

A Hi-Bee
15-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Because some fans like putting the boot into the club at any given opportunity.

Likely a lot of the same people would be queuing up at the clubstore if we’d announced a return to Carlsberg.

Love the branding, will it will be a big cellar?

madjock9
15-06-2023, 11:21 AM
Wondering as this is an app or a technology company that provides a match to a label on a bottle of alcohol is it technically an Alcohol Company or a Software Company.

If Software Company then surely it does not become an issue for European Games.

The question then is that the Software Company provides information on alcohol product so that I guess will be the issue.

aazza91
15-06-2023, 11:21 AM
I have no feelings with who a sponsor is but I completely get why folk don't want an alcohol related company on the front of the shirt but ultimately these are the companies along with gambling firms that put money into football. Football is still perceived as a day out for a drink and put a bet on so they see this as the most cost effective way to promote their brand. We need to remember Hibs need to try and bring in as much revenue as possible to compete with Aberdeen's backing and Hearts fans payments. An extra 100k from a sponsor covers the wages for an extra player on 2k a week.

With regards to the name - it is what it is, It's getting people talking and you'll probably find some of your enthusiasts will buy the kit. I'll reserve judgement on the logo until I see the full kit - there is some clubs with howling sponsors and I have full faith Hibs will find a way to make it work like they always do.

Jones28
15-06-2023, 11:22 AM

They'll sell a barrel-load.

I'm so excited you could bottle it.

MelbourneHibees
15-06-2023, 11:22 AM

For next season?

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 11:23 AM

You're scraping the barrel with that remark.

mcohibs
For next season?

Yeah, it was announced through the week.

jeffers

:agree: I don’t want to jump on that particular bandwagon but it does feel at times the some people are desperate to find something to be offended by. Yeah the name is a bit naff for the front of our shirt but beyond that I don’t care.

wookie70
I'd rather we steered clear of alcohol as sponsors but if we are going down that road try to get one where there is a connection. Not a big deal for me as commercial income is needed to have similar spending power to the Dons and to get near our neighbours

davhibby
15-06-2023, 11:24 AM

We might since they don’t sell alcohol, not sure what the exact rules are though

WhileTheChief..
15-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Agree with that.

To me it conjures the image of a Trainspotting 3 movie,, with geriatric versions of Renton, Sick Boy. etc, sitting on some park bench getting blootered... wearing Hibs shirts with 'Bevvy'.

Always thought we missed a trick by not tapping into the Trainspotting connection more.

Born Slippy before kick off is always welcome, but I’m sure there’s more we could do.

Lago
15-06-2023, 11:28 AM
Goodness me.

Eh, is this for real?

Why? It's not a sponsorship from a company producing white lightning cider. What would prefer on the strip supported the "Temperance League"

lyonhibs
15-06-2023, 11:28 AM
Quite a lot of smelling salts required for some of the premadonnas on this thread. Great sponsor, doesn't even sell alcohol, quality name a bit different etc.

Diclonius
15-06-2023, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PPRh9ZunmI

Great video I watched the other day about Silicon Valley tech startups that have money pumped into them from venture capital to fix a problem that doesn't exist/they created. Can't help but feel Bevvy are similar tbh.

And yes, I care about the subtext and implications of what the club I spend hundreds on each year partners with and will scrutinise this, even if we're getting loads of money from it. I'm not a libertarian, sorry.

Sergio sledge
15-06-2023, 11:31 AM
I'd rather we steered clear of alcohol as sponsors but if we are going down that road try to get one where there is a connection. Not a big deal for me as commercial income is needed to have similar spending power to the Dons and to get near our neighbours

I think that the founders of Bevvy.com are Hibs supporters, the official website seems to say that anyway:

Laurie Black, Co-founder of Bevvy.com added: “The team at Bevvy.com are delighted to be unveiled as the principal partner of Hibernian after a fantastic first season working together. 2023/24 promises to be an exciting year for both, with Hibs making a return to European competition and Bevvy.com further establishing itself as the world’s definitive whisky companion.

“Leith is steeped in whisky history, and has adapted over time to become a modern, thriving community. This respect of the past but ambition for the future is everywhere at Easter Road, and is exactly what the team at Bevvy.com are applying to the whisky industry - one of Scotland’s key exports.

“As Hibs supporters, we know that the Club has one of the most passionate followings in world football. At Bevvy.com, we love seeing our users immerse themselves in whisky experiences that are available through the app, and we look forward to extending these opportunities to the wider Hibs community.”

1van Sprou7e
15-06-2023, 11:32 AM
The faux outrage is hilarious

It's an app that gives people info about fancy whisky bottles, they're not exactly preying on the weak and vulnerable with a cheap lager or whatever

People making comparisons to wonga 😂 behave

Lago
15-06-2023, 11:35 AM

It strikes me there is a certain section of the support now will find any excuse to criticise the club, I really don't get it myself.

wookie70
15-06-2023, 11:35 AM
I think that the founders of Bevvy.com are Hibs supporters, the official website seems to say that anyway:

Laurie Black, Co-founder of Bevvy.com added: “The team at Bevvy.com are delighted to be unveiled as the principal partner of Hibernian after a fantastic first season working together. 2023/24 promises to be an exciting year for both, with Hibs making a return to European competition and Bevvy.com further establishing itself as the world’s definitive whisky companion.

“Leith is steeped in whisky history, and has adapted over time to become a modern, thriving community. This respect of the past but ambition for the future is everywhere at Easter Road, and is exactly what the team at Bevvy.com are applying to the whisky industry - one of Scotland’s key exports.

“As Hibs supporters, we know that the Club has one of the most passionate followings in world football. At Bevvy.com, we love seeing our users immerse themselves in whisky experiences that are available through the app, and we look forward to extending these opportunities to the wider Hibs community.”

Badly written by me. I'm aware of the connection so that, to me, is a good thing and creates more context

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 11:38 AM
It strikes me there is a certain section of the support now will find any excuse to criticise the club, I really don't get it myself.

Ill-informed, and won't go and inform themselves before commenting.

Lago
15-06-2023, 11:43 AM
Ill-informed, and won't go and inform themselves before commenting.
Exactly, couldn't take the time to look at the company website, if they had they would have realised what type of business it was, but no let's moan.

Ringothedog
15-06-2023, 11:45 AM
As a fan who likes a drink, likes a gamble , loves sex. I couldn’t care less if we were sponsored by Carlsberg, marathon bet or pornhub. I want as much money into the club so we can buy better players 😉

Billy Whizz
15-06-2023, 11:51 AM
A premier Scottish sports club with “Bevvy” emblazoned across their shirts just isn’t a great look for me.

I’m with you on this. Probably nothing wrong with the product, but Bevvy on our shirts, lacks class
What kind of message does this send to our younger fans

The Tubs
15-06-2023, 11:52 AM

It's an app that gives people info about fancy whisky bottles, they're not exactly preying on the weak and vulnerable with a cheap lager or whatever

Our league sponsor is Glen's Vodka.

Jones28
15-06-2023, 11:57 AM
I’m with you on this. Probably nothing wrong with the product, but Bevvy on our shirts, lacks class

That alcohol exists?

It doesn't encourage anyone to drink.

NC1875
15-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Some of the folk on here really need to get out more. It’s a nice day, go outside and get some air.

NC1875
15-06-2023, 12:00 PM

To start collecting whisky ? 🤷🏽*♂️

HFC93
15-06-2023, 12:00 PM
Some zoomers on here who are just desperate to be raging about something.

CallumLaidlaw
15-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Got no issues with that either especially as it's meant to be a record breaking deal as well. :greengrin

I actually think it’s genius tbh

WellingtonHibby
15-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

When you see any team jersey on national TV they are immediately associated and branded with their main shirt sponsor. Yes, loads of clubs have alcohol and betting shirt sponsors. But to now have a slang word for alcohol at the front of the jersey is very poor, short sighted, lacks class and is shocking marketing for the club.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids.

Absolutely the antithesis of what our support demands. Id expect our prohibitionist terraced fans to make it clear that we only want root beer and saspirilla available around the ground too.

Grow up. Society runs on and functions on alcohol trade and to suggest we turn our nose up at it's money is mental. Hibs should engage responsibly in the vices it's patrons and supporters indulge in..

mcohibs
15-06-2023, 12:10 PM

https://i.ibb.co/sbmkx44/07330113-5-C65-481-D-B465-4131-A0-F9-AD15.webp (https://ibb.co/VJjrnGG)

hibsforeurope
15-06-2023, 12:11 PM
Whether or not it's a website selling alcohol, it's certainly promoting it, not a good look as far as i'm concerned.

I know we've had betting and alcohol sponsors in the past but times have changed and it's not longer appropriate.

Much like tobacco sponsorship was banned and betting is being banned, so should alcohol.

Like the NFT deal, this is lacking morals by Hibs again.

WellingtonHibby
15-06-2023, 12:13 PM
Whether or not it's a website selling alcohol, it's certainly promoting it, not a good look as far as i'm concerned.

I know we've had betting and alcohol sponsors in the past but times have changed and it's not longer appropriate.

Much like tobacco sponsorship was banned and betting is being banned, so should alcohol.

No bother Millionaire Mary Whitehouse

Morals are only for those who can afford them

matty_f
15-06-2023, 12:13 PM
I need a bigger size shirt these days so I wonder if the larger sizes will have “Hevvy” instead?

HibeeSince85
15-06-2023, 12:14 PM
This thread reflects society as a whole nowadays. Instant reaction is to be offended and complain, much easier to do that than to engage the brain, research the company and understand how commercial relationships work.

Jones28
15-06-2023, 12:15 PM
I need a bigger size shirt these days so I wonder if the larger sizes will have “Hevvy” instead?

It'll be a normal size and read "evv".

hibsforeurope
15-06-2023, 12:16 PM
No bother Millionaire Mary Whitehouse

Morals are only for those who can afford them

Hardly, folk don't need money to have morals.

Clubs can still get good sponsorship deals without going to companies in these industry's.

Why don't we just get Bensons & Hedges or Camel on the front!

TimeForHeroes
15-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Oh my god that's disgusting

Using my first post to say I completely agree. Disgusted that Hibs have received a record fee for a groundbreaking deal that cleverly embraces modern technology and gets us talked about. I'll be disgusted when the accounts are released and we're healthy and thriving.

Greenio
15-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Interesting

I have no issue with an alcohol related brand sponsoring Hibs. I get why people might though.

The name of the brand? Hmm, you could say that Bevvy has connotations with an element of drinking culture that has a more negative perceptions , at least in the mainstream. Whisky feels quite far from that perhaps?

Still, expanding from whisky, to any drink you like - craft beer, wine, spirits, bubbles, etc, would no doubt be part of their expansion plans, in which case, a more mass market name like Bevvy makes more sense.

But, if you look at the vid they've released (which gives a few hints to the design, simple green with a sort of woven pattern in it), you can see what it'll look like on the shirt, and purely on aesthetics, I think it looks poor, it's not their logo, its Bevvy.com, as the name with a bottle in a circle floating in some kind of sea of QR code above it? Dunno, I'll hold final judgment, but not a fan for now. Would have preferred their actual logo, which is better / cleaner.

Anyway, all of that is just an opinion, and won't have any lasting impact on the club - it's a logo on the strip, that comes with a bunch of vital funds, so there are far more important parts - like singing a replacement for KN for starters, that eclipse who our sponsor is.

I thank them for their support/cash and hope we use it to help us win games and succeed as a club!

Ok, I'm off for a bevvy!

WellingtonHibby
15-06-2023, 12:23 PM

Clubs can still get good sponsorship deals without going to companies in these industry's.

Ask them?
Reckon they knocked back an equal proposal from anyone else.
Equally, who has the moral fortitude to get on your front of shirt pedestal? Interested to know who does no social harm whilst having the cash to ***** on a mid table. Spfl team?

Jones28
15-06-2023, 12:24 PM

Just a few short years ago we didn't have a sponsor. Our national cup competition didn't. Hearts didn't. Livingston are struggling to get a main sponsor.

Money is tight in Scottish football, whereas we have noisy neighbors in England who can click their fingers and secure hundreds of millions in sponsorship deals.

Whilst I wouldn't ever endorse putting a tobacco or gambling company on a Hibs top, and I would feel differently about an actual alcohol manufacturer being on the strip, I have no complaints about this at all. Record breaking deal with a Scottish company who clearly have an innovative side to them. Who's losing?

TimeForHeroes
It's entertaining seeing the posts about how terrible the name is.

Their marketing team will be absolutely loving it.

Always amazes me how some (minority) Hibs fans can't wait to jump on the club

Hibbyradge

Budweiser was one of the main sponsors of last year's world cup and that was in Qatar.

Heineken sponsored last week's CL final and all the games leading up to it.

Glen's Vodka sponsored our league.

I've never read you or anyone else criticise those deals, but when it comes to Hibs, fill your boots.

TimeForHeroes
15-06-2023, 12:26 PM

👏

Pretty Boy
15-06-2023, 12:29 PM
What a car crash of a thread. Again.

It seems a vocal few are affronted by the idea that someone might have a different opinion from them so resort to the cheap shots and name calling. It's pathetic.

It's a topic where there are clearly nuances to be found. I have no real issue with the deal, I can see why others might. I don't really feel the need to aim personal digs at them because of that.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 12:34 PM

It seems a vocal few are affronted by the idea that someone might have a different opinion from them so resort to the cheap shots and name calling. It's pathetic.

It's a topic where there are clearly nuances to be found. I have no real issue with the deal, I can see why others might. I don't really feel the need to aim personal digs at them because of that.

I agree that name calling is unnecessary, but I think, in general, people are just defending the club and its decision.

ErinGoBraghHFC
From the pictures it looks smart, will appeal to collectors etc as well with a sponsor like “Bevvy” on the front, good marketing from hibs and Bevvy.com.

No one seems to complain when we have Hibs branded beer from Pilot but somehow this is an issue?

HibeeSince85

The vocal minority appear to be those who are affronted by the sponsor.

"Tacky, Wonga moment, will be like sportemongo."

I think most fans are just a bit exasperated at fans constantly finding something to knock Hibs for.

These are almost certainly the fans that will moan if we lost out on Fish or didn't sign a ready made replacement for Nisbet.

Surely fans understand commercial relationships and where we sit in the food chain. As Radge posted the SPFL are hardly batting sponsors away.

Jay
15-06-2023, 12:35 PM
Quite a lot of smelling salts required for some of the premadonnas on this thread. Great sponsor, doesn't even sell alcohol, quality name a bit different etc.

So people who don't like it for whatever reason are open to being called prima Donna's, bed wetters etc and their opinion isn't valid but this who do are just grand?

Stubbsy90+2
15-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Quite like the QR code thing. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Using my first post to say I completely agree. Disgusted that Hibs have received a record fee for a groundbreaking deal that cleverly embraces modern technology and gets us talked about. I'll be disgusted when the accounts are released and we're healthy and thriving.

Me too, it's quite outrageous.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Eden Mills sponsored us for 5 years.

Was there a big thread criticising the club when that partnership started? :dunno:

Pretty Boy
15-06-2023, 12:40 PM
I agree that name calling is unnecessary, but I think, in general, people are just defending the club and its decision.

There's about 4 people on the entire thread who have actually criticised the club. Most of the rest is just people falling over themselves to be the most outraged about that.

Plenty people have managed to make their point with a degree of respect. Other people just seems really angry for some reason. Probably a fair reflection of the way the way the site has gone in the last couple of years sadly.

hibsforeurope
15-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Budweiser was one of the main sponsors of last year's world cup and that was in Qatar.

Heineken sponsored last week's CL final and all the games leading up to it.

Glen's Vodka sponsored our league.

I've never read you or anyone else criticise those deals, but when it comes to Hibs, fill your boots.

There's loads of things that used to be acceptable in the past that aren't now, there are multiple page threads on such things on this board. Alcohol related sponsorship should be one of them, for all not just hibs.

Fifa/uefa are not a good example, they have a proven history of lacking any morals or sense of what is right, the location of the world cup prove this.

me and my kids have little or no interest in those competitions, unless Scotland are playing, but they are big in to Hibs and Hibs merchandise. the fact Hibs had to get a different sponsor for the Kids kit and to play in Europe should be a guide on what's appropriate.

stuart-farquhar
15-06-2023, 12:45 PM
This thread reflects society as a whole nowadays. Instant reaction is to be offended and complain, much easier to do that than to engage the brain, research the company and understand how commercial relationships work.

Or, as I see it, having a colloquial term for going on the piss. To me, it has nothing but negative conotations. What the actual company does or doesn't do will not change that. For me, it sounds like a cheap booze type warehouse selling strong cider and fortified get drunk quick solutions (pun intended)

But of course, opinions will vary.

Corstorphine Hibby
15-06-2023, 12:47 PM

We could talk to younger fans and explain that the word 'Bevvy' has been shortened from the word beverage and, having a beverage can be either non-alcoholic or alcoholic.

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 12:47 PM
Or, as I see it, having a colloquial term for going on the piss. To me, it has nothing but negative conotations. What the actual company does or doesn't do will not change that. For me, it sounds like a cheap booze type warehouse selling strong cider and fortified get drunk quick solutions (pun intended)

If one of my mates asked me if I was up for going for a bevvy I'd associate that with going for a pint, certainly not the fortified pish served up in corner shops.

It is what it is, Hibs will make a few bob and we will hopefully enjoy the fruits of it on the park.

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-06-2023, 12:49 PM
There's loads of things that used to be acceptable in the past that aren't now, there are multiple page threads on such things on this board. Alcohol related sponsorship should be one of them, for all not just hibs.

Fifa/uefa are not a good example, they have a proven history of lacking any morals or sense of what is right, the location of the world cup prove this.

me and my kids have little or no interest in those competitions, unless Scotland are playing, but they are big in to Hibs and Hibs merchandise. the fact Hibs had to get a different sponsor for the Kids kit and to play in Europe should be a guide on what's appropriate.

Won’t somebody think of the children?

It’s a five letter word on the front of a top, bairns most likely won’t even know what bevvy means. It is also not the responsibility of a private business to ensure your children are not exposed to content that you think is inappropriate for them, will all due respect.

I'm Spartacus
15-06-2023, 12:49 PM

This is where I am. I mean, it's a (very minor) step above gambling, as for their unbelievably filtered profile photos, come on guys haha you're all 30+

Money for the club, I'm all for, but BEVVY on a football top isn't something I'm cheesing over.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2023, 12:50 PM
Bit cringe but it's whatever. We're linked with the city group investing. That would be a new low.

Unseen work
Well done Hibs on getting a good record breaking sponsorship.

Stairway 2 7
Think I might get my first strip in years. Just to be tutted at for wearing it and being groomed by it into drinking a £200 malt in the park in a brown paper bag. Slange

BoomtownHibees
15-06-2023, 12:52 PM

How far does it go though? Would you be the same if we had got the likes of Tesco or Asda as a sponsor considering they actually sell bevvy?

SaulGoodman
15-06-2023, 12:52 PM
We won the William Hill Scottish cup with Marathon Bet on the front of our shirts.

stuart-farquhar
15-06-2023, 12:53 PM
If one of my mates asked me if I was up for going for a bevvy I'd associate that with going for a pint, certainly not the fortified pish served up in corner shops.

It is what it is, Hibs will make a few bob and we will hopefully enjoy the fruits of it on the park.

I said " As I see it" Opinions vary. I hope for Hibs sake I'm in a minority.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 12:53 PM
There's about 4 people on the entire thread who have actually criticised the club. Most of the rest is just people falling over themselves to be the most outraged about that.

Plenty people have managed to make their point with a degree of respect. Other people just seems really angry for some reason. Probably a fair reflection of the way the way the site has gone in the last couple of years sadly.

Tbf, I did say defending the club and its decision.

Whenever anyone criticises anything to do with the club, whether its the manager, its players, it's recruitment etc, some folk are triggered to defend it at all costs.

This sponsorship debate is no different.

1van Sprou7e
15-06-2023, 12:54 PM
I actually wonder if they'll put it on the kids kits as well since it's technically a data company not an alcohol one

Would definitely be a step too far but I'm guessing we'll be able to use it in Europe?

Stubbsy90+2
15-06-2023, 12:55 PM
I actually wonder if they'll put it on the kids kits as well since it's technically a data company not an alcohol one

Would definitely be a step too far but I'm guessing we'll be able to use it in Europe?

Utilita will be on the kids kits.

Stairway 2 7
15-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Utilita and other money grabbing energy companies will do an unimaginably larger harm to scots in the next few years, than bevvy.com

HibeeSince85

I don't see that connection at all. It's really as simple as a Google of their name to find out what they do, which I'd assume is what most people would do if they happened to see a brand name that caught their attention.

The economy of our country benefits from the Whisky industry with exports all over the world. It is the national drink of Scotland. Why can't a leading Scottish side have a record breaking partnership with a player in the industry who are trying to find a place in the market using technology.

hibsforeurope
How far does it go though? Would you be the same if we had got the likes of Tesco or Asda as a sponsor considering they actually sell bevvy?

You can buy other products that Asda or Tesco sell and consume them at the football, you can't consume anything Bevvy related, legally, during a football match at Easter Road.

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-06-2023, 12:58 PM
You can buy other products that Asda or Tesco sell and consume them at the football, you can't consume anything Bevvy related, legally, during a football match at Easter Road.

Can you? A steward stole my kwenchy cups at Hampden when I was a bairn.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2023, 12:59 PM
The club literally sells alcohol through its hospitality suites and would sell it on the concourses too if permitted. Why is there a moral line at shirt sponsorship?

I’d imagine there is more alcohol abuse facilitated through the Easter Road hospitality suites every fortnight compared to an app for Whisky enthusiasts to get information on the dram they’re drinking.

HNA2
Just a word of warning as we really dont want to close this thread. We like to try and keep this place civil. Have a discussion on the good and bad, the pros and cons but keep the name calling and digs for elsewhere please

Chorley Hibee
Utilita and other money grabbing energy companies will do an unimaginably larger harm to scots in the next few years, than bevvy.com

I'm not keen on the bevvy sponsor, but you're bang on the money with this comment.

LeithMike
As a fan who likes a drink, likes a gamble , loves sex. I couldn’t care less if we were sponsored by Carlsberg, marathon bet or pornhub. I want as much money into the club so we can buy better players [emoji6]

I think that’s where the difference of opinion arises. I view Hibs as more than a commercial entity. It’s a part of the community and it shouldn’t just be about maximising revenue to pay for better players. I think this is strongly reflected in the club’s history.

More generally, I think it’s also a bit unfair tagging everyone who doesn’t like the sponsor as wanting to have a dig at the club. Im glad it’s not a betting company but equally if there was nothing of concern then the name would also be on kids’ jerseys.

I’m not hugely bothered by it and while we should be trying to increase revenue, I feel the club (and indeed football in general) is becoming over-commercialised.

Key point in figure is mascot packages - something that used to be a chance to involve kids of any walk of life now costing a lot of money.

I think I’d take a less successful team on the park if we were a bit more principle-based and true to the values on which the club was established. Appreciate for some though it’s all about the team on the park and nothing else matters.

Carheenlea
15-06-2023, 01:01 PM
It’s less about the business itself but more about the branding and how the word is interpreted in Scotland.

For example, I wonder if our POTY will be modelling the kit or it may be be felt on reflection it might be best to use someone else?

AgentDaleCooper
15-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Won’t somebody think of the children?

It’s a five letter word on the front of a top, bairns most likely won’t even know what bevvy means. It is also not the responsibility of a private business to ensure your children are not exposed to content that you think is inappropriate for them, will all due respect.

much more likely wonder after seeing it on a hibs shirt.

AgentDaleCooper
15-06-2023, 01:03 PM

definitely correct.

Vault Boy
It’s less about the business itself but more about the branding and how the word is interpreted in Scotland.

For example, I wonder if our POTY will be modelling the kit or it may be be felt on reflection it might be best to use someone else?

That’s an interesting point I’d not considered. Can’t imagine we’ll see much of Joe or Martin in the marketing collateral for the kits.

overdrive

Could well be. The company was registered to a flat on Annandale Street until this time last year. The guy that is the shareholder with significant control of the company (on their Companies House listing) seems to be English, though... not that that would prevent him from being a Hibs supporter.

Hibernian Verse
15-06-2023, 01:10 PM
That’s an interesting point I’d not considered. Can’t imagine we’ll see much of Joe or Martin in the marketing collateral for the kits.

We should be using Darren McGregor and Lewis Stevenson for any photoshoot as official club models. Case closed.

Vault Boy
15-06-2023, 01:15 PM
We should be using Darren McGregor and Lewis Stevenson for any photoshoot as official club models. Case closed.

Valid. I nearly bought the new Hibs cycling jersey when I saw Darren modelling it the other day. I don’t even own a bike.

Gatecrasher
15-06-2023, 01:17 PM
Jeezo :hilarious

Imagine a drinks company sponsoring a sports team, the madness.

The Spaceman
15-06-2023, 01:21 PM
Love it, can’t wait to get on the Bevvy half wearing this in some random European village in a month or so’s time.

Gloucester Hibs
15-06-2023, 01:34 PM
Love it, can’t wait to get on the Bevvy half wearing this in some random European village in a month or so’s time.

And when it's someone else's round, just give them a nudge and point to the shirt :cheers:

The Tubs
15-06-2023, 01:47 PM
If the name was "tipple.com" and the app was used for a broader range of upmarket drinks, would there be such controversy?

Dmas
15-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Good deal by sounds of it commercial team really hammering it just now, strip gives off Suazee vibes in the tiny wee pic looking forward to seeing that as well

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-06-2023, 01:53 PM
If the name was "tipple.com" and the app was used for a broader range of upmarket drinks, would there be such controversy?

No, there wouldn’t

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Scottish club with Scottish slang word, generating interest for the paying sponsor.

Sounds like job done to me.

I don't think it's a Scottish word. It's used across the UK.

Although, according to The Guardian, it may have had its roots in Glasgow.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/aug/15/kevin-mckenna-jimmy-reid-eulogy?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I'm Spartacus
15-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Anyone know how much it's worth? Record breaking and I'd have thought we'd have had some decent deals in the past.

Hibees1973
15-06-2023, 02:14 PM
Just a word of warning as we really dont want to close this thread. We like to try and keep this place civil. Have a discussion on the good and bad, the pros and cons but keep the name calling and digs for elsewhere please

Thanks for this Admin. I started the thread then posted another 10 minutes later with this post:

'Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids'

Disappointing that some posters cannot take any criticism of the club so aim personal digs others who don't agree with them.

Admin feel free to close the thread down because of this.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 02:19 PM
Thanks for this Admin. I started the thread then posted another 10 minutes later with this post:

'Seems we are in the minority. Stand by for a few personal criticisms on this thread.

Which makes it clear to understand why there is a separate main sponsor shirt for kids'

Disappointing that some posters cannot take any criticism of the club so aim personal digs others who don't agree with them.

Just delete your original post and the thread will close.

HNA2
15-06-2023, 02:22 PM
The thread is fine. If this one closes another will open. Theres good discussion and opinions to be had on the subject, and has already happened on this thread. All we ask is that people are civil.

Brightside
15-06-2023, 02:32 PM

Its £500 bottles of scotch..... its pretty upmarket.

Edinburgh Green
15-06-2023, 02:32 PM

There is no message to younger fans or any fans for that matter. When I was a kid I didn't give a second thought to Macbean, Calor etc and subsequently my laddie has never asked what a 'Utilita' is, and i'm sure he wont care what bevvy.com means either

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2023, 02:33 PM
In terms of raising awareness of the company and its product, I think this thread shows (among our fans) that it's job done.

Great marketing so far IMO.

Kato
15-06-2023, 02:48 PM
I don't think it's a Scottish word. It's used across the UK.

Although, according to The Guardian, it may have had its roots in Glasgow.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2010/aug/15/kevin-mckenna-jimmy-reid-eulogy?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_OtherShort for "beverage". Heard it used in Spain and Italy.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

gbhibby
15-06-2023, 02:54 PM
After trawling my way through this thread I am away for a Bevvy to recover.😁
As long as the team score a bevy of goals next season the shirt sponsors will not matter a jot.

Alex Trager
15-06-2023, 02:55 PM

Ding dong.

Spot on.

Brightside
15-06-2023, 03:08 PM

I honestly don't know the vast majority of shirt sponsors in the uk. Its doesnt "lack class" in the slightest, and its clearly excellent marketing.

Broken Gnome
15-06-2023, 03:09 PM
How many of Hibs sponsors could be regarded as suitable for a community club.

I'm not sure of the background to Calor Gas or MacBean, but that's nearly 30 years we've been in with alcohol or gambling, bar McEwan Fraser or the NHS number?

It's a nice idea, but it's not really a 'thing', is it?

Jones28
15-06-2023, 03:17 PM

:agree:

Very well said.

Alcohol is a problem for some, energy bills are a problem for most.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 03:23 PM
I honestly don't know the vast majority of shirt sponsors in the uk. Its doesnt "lack class" in the slightest, and its clearly excellent marketing.

It's strange.

We're all desperate for Hibs to qualify for the group stages of a European competition so we can benefit from the £millions that would bring us. £millions which are provided by UEFA's sponsors, one of the main ones being Heineken.

We were happy to be sponsored for 5 years by Eden Mill and it was cool that there was Hibs branded gin on offer.

But somehow accepting sponsorship from an quirkily named local company is controversial or even "a new low".

Henderson2Del
15-06-2023, 03:31 PM
Where are people seeing the recent influx of cash? Companies house doesn’t give you much confidence, overdue statements and v little cash in last accounts albeit a year old

Unseen work
15-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Remember in covid when we had the NHS logo?

Some people still weren’t happy as it meant there was no income.

Very hard to have it both ways.

Fwiw I don’t see anything wrong with having the bevvy logo.

CapitalGreen
15-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Where are people seeing the recent influx of cash? Companies house doesn’t give you much confidence, overdue statements and v little cash in last accounts albeit a year old

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/bevvy-2527

gbhibby
15-06-2023, 03:34 PM
It's strange.

We're all desperate for Hibs to qualify for the group stages of a European competition so we can benefit from the £millions that would bring us. £millions which are provided by UEFA's sponsors, one of the main ones being Heineken.

We were happy to be sponsored for 5 years by Eden Mill and it was cool that there was Hibs branded gin on offer.

But somehow accepting sponsorship from an quirkily named local company is controversial or even "a new low".
Was about to post something similar. We are not in a financial position to do "Thank You NHS" every season. If this sponsorship allows us to get Will Fish or another target signed for next season what is the issue here.

sambajustice
15-06-2023, 03:35 PM
It's the best sponsor in the history of sponsorship!

Henderson2Del
15-06-2023, 03:41 PM
https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/bevvy-2527

Thanks, $1.6 m a year ago , i do hope we got a decent wedge of the deal upfront

Chorley Hibee
15-06-2023, 03:47 PM

I'd hope so too.

We've already been stung with the SportemonGo nonsense, so I hope that due diligence has taken place.

Stubbsy90+2
15-06-2023, 03:53 PM

Off the top of my head I actually couldn’t have told you ours was utilita when it was published about the kids strips recently.

I would have known had you given me a line up of strips with different sponsors, but I pay that little attention to it that I couldn’t even think who sponsored us just now.

Bostonhibby
15-06-2023, 04:06 PM
:agree:

Very well said.

Alcohol is a problem for some, energy bills are a problem for most.Echo that point, I'm happy enough with the deal, this and similar commercial ones are a feature of where football and sport in general is with sponsorship income, if we didnt want it someone else would.

Specific to your point anyone offended by this sort of company or products associated with it can easily not spend with them, or actively boycott them. I'd love to do it with our greedy, bloated and often polluting utility companies but not so easy in practice.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

NC1875
15-06-2023, 04:11 PM
Good deal by sounds of it commercial team really hammering it just now, strip gives off Suazee vibes in the tiny wee pic looking forward to seeing that as well

What wee pic ?of the strip ?

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2023, 04:29 PM

The accounts don't bear that out.

It's a bit confusing.

MWHIBBIES
15-06-2023, 04:33 PM
Does snake oil count as Bevvy?

Since452
15-06-2023, 04:38 PM
We have more sponsorship "partners" now than we ever have done in the history of the club. Probably the most significant change under the Gordon's. We're now at a different level in that regard. I trust this is the latest good deal. The fact the club are saying it's a record deal is brilliant.

JimBHibees
15-06-2023, 04:40 PM
Goodness me.

Eh, is this for real?

New low a little melodramatic. It is a sponsor no big deal. Quite cool name

Bridge hibs
15-06-2023, 04:41 PM
Does snake oil count as Bevvy?

Try it and see, you can let us know

Donegal Hibby
15-06-2023, 04:45 PM
We have more sponsorship "partners" now than we ever have done in the history of the club. Probably the most significant change under the Gordon's. We're now at a different level in that regard. I trust this is the latest good deal. The fact the club are saying it's a record deal is brilliant.
Record deal is brilliant and might help our budget when recruiting players also . It's all good and well done Hibs .

Keith_M
15-06-2023, 04:47 PM

What about those of us that actually did as you suggest but still feel that the name is a bit off for a Hibs shirt?

:dunno:

poolman
15-06-2023, 05:35 PM
A new low

Dearie me

Behave

Ringothedog
15-06-2023, 05:40 PM
What about those of us that actually did as you suggest but still feel that the name is a bit off for a Hibs shirt?

I would suggest that you are entitled to your opinion as are the people on the other side who are entitled to theirs . The only thing I would add is that the only opinions that really matter are board of directors of our club who have okayed this deal. A small section of our support can state their disapproval by contacting the club to register their unhappiness.

Pretty Boy
15-06-2023, 05:41 PM
I am quite curious as to the scalability of Bevvy as a company. Obviously if they have received significant financing from VCs there is some market confidence.

It's not a unique business though and moving into a sales market is going into something that is already saturated with some big names.

My guess is it must be the tech side. It wouldn't surprise me if Bevvy remains relatively small scale or disappears altogether in the coming years but the tech sees the people involved become very wealthy.

Bishop Hibee
15-06-2023, 06:04 PM
I love Hibs. I love whisky. What’s not to like.

Bridge hibs
15-06-2023, 06:30 PM
I love Hibs. I love whisky. What’s not to like.Im a fence sitter, love hibs, despise whisky

The dalmeny
15-06-2023, 06:33 PM
I've probably missed this but I assume this won't be on 'Junior ' shirts?

Ringothedog
15-06-2023, 06:48 PM

You have and you are correct. It will still be Utilita

Allant1981
15-06-2023, 06:57 PM
No issue with the sponsor, daft name but who cares, it's more money coming into the club

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 06:58 PM
Im a fence sitter, love hibs, despise whisky

Ltyf

Liberal Hibby
15-06-2023, 07:01 PM
You're scraping the barrel with that remark.

That's unfair there's no proof.

Skol
15-06-2023, 07:05 PM

This is it for me. I know nothing about the firm, but the name is just all wrong. I thought that when I saw the a£ boards last season and it’s not a great look on our shirts either. Appeals to the wrongs markets, and even a more subdued name, skol for example, would look better than bevvy

marinello59
15-06-2023, 07:12 PM

It won’t be allowed on the kids shirts so they won’t be able to wear the same shirts as their heroes. Which is a shame.

Bridge hibs
15-06-2023, 07:21 PM
LtyfSorry mate, I just cant, whisky to me is heartburn central, and to be honest it tastes not very good. I used to love vodka though

bod
15-06-2023, 07:27 PM
Folk will moan about anything

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Have Buckfast ever sponsored a professional football team? I know they don’t do advertising, but they did sponsor a London Universities GAA team a few years back I think. That’d be good for a few reasons, mainly because the uproar on here would be outstanding and we might finally get our free Buckfast in the FFL Standing Section

wookie70
15-06-2023, 07:31 PM
I am quite curious as to the scalability of Bevvy as a company. Obviously if they have received significant financing from VCs there is some market confidence.

It's not a unique business though and moving into a sales market is going into something that is already saturated with some big names.

My guess is it must be the tech side. It wouldn't surprise me if Bevvy remains relatively small scale or disappears altogether in the coming years but the tech sees the people involved become very wealthy.

I'm well off topic but they seem to be one of a huge number of companies, products, services that have the intention of informing and making life easier that really just provide far too much information and then end up taking you down rabbit holes wondering what it is you wanted to look up in teh first place.

A Hi-Bee
15-06-2023, 07:36 PM
Have Buckfast ever sponsored a professional football team? I know they don’t do advertising, but they did sponsor a London Universities GAA team a few years back I think. That’d be good for a few reasons, mainly because the uproar on here would be outstanding and we might finally get our free Buckfast in the FFL Standing Section

The religious conitations would be off the scale.
:greengrin

HibeeSince85
15-06-2023, 07:37 PM

It's your opinion and it's fine to think it doesn't suit your tastes.

It's the OTT reactions from some fans I can't quite get my head around. It is as if Hibs are the only club to engage in these partnerships, when in actual fact the whole football industry is awash with money from the alcohol industry. We invested millions in hospitality to make money of that very product.

I personally think it's a clever partnership and Hibs have done well here.

marinello59
15-06-2023, 07:41 PM
Folk will moan about anything

I'm sort of on the fence with this one but I won't be sneering at anyone who is really uncomfortable with the new shirt sponsor. I've lost several friends due to problems with alcohol and seen their families ripped apart. Advertising like this is a real concern and people should be free to express their opinions without being dismissed as moaners.

Bridge hibs
15-06-2023, 07:44 PM
It's your opinion and it's fine to think it doesn't suit your tastes.

It's the OTT reactions from some fans I can't quite get my head around. It is as if Hibs are the only club to engage in these partnerships, when in actual fact the whole football industry is awash with money from the alcohol industry. We invested millions in hospitality to make money of that very product.

I personally think it's a clever partnership and Hibs have done well here.
Its a few opinions from fans posting on a fans forum, those against it and posting on here wouldnt fill a snug lounge in a scabby boozer

Would be interesting if hibs done a poll with season ticket holders, thats the best gauge in my opinion

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-06-2023, 07:44 PM
The religious conitations would be off the scale.

Could have it with a white strip and a green sash to even it out

Since90+2
15-06-2023, 07:50 PM
I'm sort of on the fence with this one but I won't be sneering at anyone who is really uncomfortable with the new shirt sponsor. I've lost several friends due to problems with alcohol and seen their families ripped apart. Advertising like this is a real concern and people should be free to express their opinions without being dismissed as moaners.

Where do you draw the line though? Tesco / Asda will sell more alcohol in a day than Bevvy.com does in 10 years.

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if our next sponsor was Tesco.

It's just the usual people finding an outlet to vent and let frustrations out. They used to do that at the actual match but now that's been sanitised so much they come on here to do it, or more generally faceless social media.

cabbageandribs1875
15-06-2023, 07:53 PM
Where do you draw the line though? Tesco / Asda will sell more alcohol in a day than Bevvy.com does in 10 years.

Nobody would have batted an eyelid if our next sponsor was Tesco.

It's just the usual people finding an outlet to vent and let frustrations out. They used to do that at the actual match but now that's been sanitised so much they come on here to do it, or more generally faceless social media.

i'm sure some would when we started playing in Red, White and Blue strips

Asda/Morrisons would be acceptable though

Lago
15-06-2023, 08:02 PM
i'm sure some would when we started playing in Red, White and Blue strips

Asda/Morrisons would be acceptable though

HNA12
15-06-2023, 08:09 PM

This was posted earlier, some of you seem to have missed it.

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 08:12 PM
Sorry mate, I just cant, whisky to me is heartburn central, and to be honest it tastes not very good. I used to love vodka though

Everyone to their own, buddy.

I'd still launch you in weaker moments though! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-06-2023, 08:13 PM
This was posted earlier, some of you seem to have missed it.

Has there been more name calling etc?

Brooster
15-06-2023, 08:20 PM
Some folk get outraged at just about anything these days. Get a life.

HNA12
15-06-2023, 08:23 PM
Some folk get outraged at just about anything these days. Get a life.

Thread closed then, that's a real shame.