PDA

View Full Version : KT, Keith Jackson webcast

LewysGot2
09-06-2023, 03:33 PM
I seem to remember Kevin Thomson saying he was ghost written by Jackson and wasn't responsible for all he said on his behalf about Hibs, JC etc

There's a cosy wee interview online this week where KT is on with said KJ...and seems gie friendly with him. "Jacko" this, "Jacko" that.

They revisit, of course, JC gate - what else?

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or lost him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

Not sure what to make of it...

H18 SFR
09-06-2023, 04:56 PM
I seem to remember Kevin Thomson saying he was ghost written by Jackson and wasn't responsible for all he said on his behalf about Hibs, JC etc

There's a cosy wee interview online this week where KT is on with said KJ...and seems gie friendly with him. "Jacko" this, "Jacko" that.

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or list him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

I ready the article today. It seemed to me like it was an article I had read 4 or 5 times over the last decade or so.

DH1875
09-06-2023, 05:05 PM
So do they discuss the move and what Jackson said in the article at the time?

cabbageandribs1875
09-06-2023, 07:02 PM
i've always been of the opinion that KT could easily have asked Jackson and his agent to tone it down a tad, he didn't, so they didn't, i couldn't give a damn if they were trying to put pressure on for the sake of KT iirc some of the stuff they were coming out with was despicable, even more so coming from/on behalf of the freakin captain of Hibernian. as for that runt of an agent of both Thomson and Brown, a vile PoS

Pretty Boy
09-06-2023, 08:09 PM
It wasn't a solitary column. There were several over a significant period of time.

Ghost written or otherwise KT could have walked away at any time. Every single one that followed the first did so with his endorsement.

He was a young lad at the time but he could read, he knew what was being put out there and why.

Carheenlea
09-06-2023, 08:41 PM
It’s in the past, happy to leave in past and have no interest whatsoever in listening to some chat between Thomson & Jackson.

I’ve long moved on.

Del Boy
09-06-2023, 09:27 PM
If you listen to Thomson he loves himself and if you ever had the misfortune to hear him on rangers tv he loves the Huns as well. A good player but a bit of an arse. IMO

lyonhibs
09-06-2023, 09:36 PM
Absolute old news. His header off the line at Tynecastle healed all wounds

hibby rae
09-06-2023, 09:45 PM
Absolute old news. His header off the line at Tynecastle healed all wounds

Plus he played for free in his 2nd spell.

I'm not that arsed about words said over 16 years ago.

Donegal Hibby
09-06-2023, 09:54 PM
Don't like Kevin Thompson at all . Think he's a Hun quite frankly.

sauzeelegod
09-06-2023, 10:33 PM
KT is an absolute weapon.
Crossed over to the dark side a long time ago.

Diclonius
09-06-2023, 10:52 PM
Not interested in listening to two Huns chatting to each other tbh.

Onceinawhile
09-06-2023, 11:10 PM

Think it was actually his 3rd spell was it not?

SON OF PADDY
09-06-2023, 11:15 PM
If you listen to Thomson he loves himself and if you ever had the misfortune to hear him on rangers tv he loves the Huns as well. A good player but a bit of an arse. IMO

Correct on all counts!

hibby rae
09-06-2023, 11:51 PM
Think it was actually his 3rd spell was it not?

Might have been. Either way!

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2023, 03:31 AM
The guy has turned native unfortunately and is undoubtedly a Hun and has sold his soul to the dark side

No self respecting Hibby would ever pander to that horrible despicable club

His cliche ridden Rangers appreciating co-commentary on Hun TV when Porto was unfairly sent off at Ibrox had me reaching for the sick bag

As others have said no interest in listening to two Huns having a chit chat

Was a good player at Hibs looked to have downed tools under Butcher and had a career blighted by injury

Pedantic_Hibee
10-06-2023, 06:35 AM
Keith Jackson…that bastert.

The Modfather
10-06-2023, 07:40 AM
At their peak at Hibs was Thomson better than McGeough? Or similar and both quality players?

Would Thomson have improved the 2018 midfield instead of McGeough? Would McGeough have improved the Mowbray midfield alongside Brown and Boozy, instead of Thomson?

Broken Gnome
10-06-2023, 08:33 AM
At their peak at Hibs was Thomson better than McGeough? Or similar and both quality players?

Would Thomson have improved the 2018 midfield instead of McGeough? Would McGeough have improved the Mowbray midfield alongside Brown and Boozy, instead of Thomson?

Much of a muchness I'd have thought. Most things I'd see as an attribute for Thomson, McGeouch had in his game and vice versa.

Suppose Thomson had a bit more drive about him while McGeouch would be the more intricate type, which probably helped Thomson play at a higher level. Though McGeouch's semi final goal and Thomson v Celtic both showed they were capable of a good bit more than just being a good controlling midfielder.

LewysGot2
10-06-2023, 11:42 AM

That was not the case according to our former Chairman. Hibs paid him an amount of money for the spell in question. Petrie said he didn’t play “for free”. He didn’t have a standard salary type contract but he was given money to recompense him for his services…

KT also thought he could just purchase a Scottish Cup medal for a final he didn’t play in…sometimes life sucks, I guess but that showed a wee bit of entitlement. Especially when he’d won plenty already…

Billy Whizz
10-06-2023, 12:07 PM
That was not the case according to our former Chairman. Hibs paid him an amount of money for the spell in question. Petrie said he didn’t play “for free”. He didn’t have a standard salary type contract but he was given money to recompense him for his services…

KT also thought he could just purchase a Scottish Cup medal for a final he didn’t play in…sometimes life sucks, I guess but that showed a wee bit of entitlement. Especially when he’d won plenty already…

You’d have thought everyone who played a part in the Scottish cup triumph would get a medal. Not sure how many rounds KT played in, but he certainly played at Tynie
I just don’t get whe he gets so much stick on here. Got Hibs a handsome transfer fee, and played for us 3 times
Surely no one can can question his commitment to Hibs
I meant be in the minority, but that’s my view

LewysGot2
10-06-2023, 12:11 PM
You’d have thought everyone who played a part in the Scottish cup triumph would get a medal. Not sure how many rounds KT played in, but he certainly played at Tynie
I just don’t get whe he gets so much stick on here. Got Hibs a handsome transfer fee, and played for us 3 times

It’s just the rules of that competition. Fair or not, that’s the rules.

As I said at the beginning he’s marmite.

hibeerealist
10-06-2023, 01:16 PM

I am similar minded BW, you never know there just might be a lot of Hibs folk out there that agree with us!!

Nakedmanoncrack
10-06-2023, 05:36 PM
If Kevin Thomson had never had any connection with Hibs he would have been someone I couldn't stand, his behaviour whilst Club captain, and subsequent years of grovelling to his Huns mates have only reinforced my view of him.

Hibernia&Alba
10-06-2023, 05:40 PM
Don't like Kevin Thompson at all . Think he's a Hun quite frankly.

Definitely, as is Jackshun. When a player joins the Old Firm, it usually doesn't take long for them to forget old allegiances.

KWJ
13-06-2023, 01:58 PM

Thomson is like marmite - folk either like him or lost him a long time ago. There's no doubting his relationship with the journalist though...

Marmite doesn't quite work for me as I think he says some really interesting that can be positive about Hibs but after ingratiating himself back in with the Hibs fans he goes and does something to suggest he doesn't give a toss. I think he has love for both hibs and rangers which is something the we just can't fathom.

I watched that interview and KT doesn't come across badly but it's the DR fuds that are setting the tone.

He mentions Mikey Stewart in there and says he's someone that he gets along with and there's definitely similarities between the two.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2023, 02:11 PM
His biggest mistake was not joining Celtic. Many seem to adore Brown who done everything Thomson done.

The_Sauz
13-06-2023, 02:22 PM
His biggest mistake was not joining Celtic. Many seem to adore Brown who done everything Thomson done.
When did Brown bad mouth the club? And when did Brown play the mummy card? :confused: At least Brown stayed to the end of the season and won a league cup winners medal with us. Thomson on the other hand could not wait to jump ship .

Brightside
13-06-2023, 02:22 PM
Used to sit behind us at Easter Rd. Nice guy.

Broken Gnome
13-06-2023, 02:29 PM

Rob Jones went out of his way to let Scott Brown lift the cup with him. Doesn't really scream 'disruptive wee fanny' to me.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2023, 02:36 PM
When did Brown bad mouth the club? And when did Brown play the mummy card? :confused: At least Brown stayed to the end of the season and won a league cup winners medal with us. Thomson on the other hand could not wait to jump ship .

Brown was disruptive, gave that stupid interview after the Dunfermline draw and stayed because he was given no choice.

Thomson acted a tool, but came back, worked hard, and was a good player for us in his 2nd spell. Too good for Butcher. He then came back again and contributed to the SC win.

Went off Brown about the 6th time he tried to put a Hibs player in hospital while playing against us.

Donegal Hibby
13-06-2023, 02:38 PM
Used to sit behind us at Easter Rd. Nice guy.
Probably had to keep his emotions under control when Sevco came to ER though :wink:

The_Sauz
13-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Brown was disruptive, gave that stupid interview after the Dunfermline draw and stayed because he was given no choice.

Thomson acted a tool, but came back, worked hard, and was a good player for us in his 2nd spell. Too good for Butcher. He then came back again and contributed to the SC win.

Went off Brown about the 6th time he tried to put a Hibs player in hospital while playing against us.
Brown was asked to stay by JC & RP to the end of the season, then he would be free to leave. Have you a link to that interview?

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2023, 03:03 PM
Brown was asked to stay by JC & RP to the end of the season, then he would be free to leave. Have you a link to that interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeYPir9ZhA

Stupid interview, after going to the chairman about the manager a week before a national semi final, which we should've won comfortably. I expect a bit better really.

The_Sauz
13-06-2023, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeYPir9ZhA

Stupid interview, after going to the chairman about the manager a week before a national semi final, which we should've won comfortably. I expect a bit better really.
He never said he went to the chairman, all he said when asked who did go, he said he did not know.

KWJ
13-06-2023, 03:45 PM
It's not great for sure but he was only 21 at the time with plenty going on.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2023, 03:45 PM
He never said he went to the chairman, all he said when asked who did go, he said he did not know.

But he did go to the chairman, we all know he did.

Steve20
13-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Scott Brown handed a transfer request right after a game. He's loved more by a big section of our fanbase because he joined Celtic instead of Rangers. Even thought he stayed and was part of the 2007 Cup winning team, if he had then joined Rangers, he'd be hated.

For some reason, joining Celtic is seen as better.

MWHIBBIES
13-06-2023, 03:58 PM
Scott Brown handed a transfer request right after a game. He's loved more by a big section of our fanbase because he joined Celtic instead of Rangers. Even thought he stayed and was part of the 2007 Cup winning team, if he had then joined Rangers, he'd be hated.

For some reason, joining Celtic is seen as better.

Correct.

Riordan vs Ian Murray also shows this.

Donegal Hibby
13-06-2023, 04:13 PM
I'd have far more respect for Scott brown than Kevin Thompson .I'd walk over broken glass to join springs to mind!

O'Rourke3
13-06-2023, 04:16 PM

Went off Brown about the 6th time he tried to put a Hibs player in hospital while playing against us.In what way disruptive? Looked to me like he never stopped trying that season- even popping in a winning goal against his future employers. He neither slags off the manager or **** stir despite the questioning in that interview. What he or others felt at the time, didn't stop him trying to win games.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
13-06-2023, 04:25 PM
Correct.

Riordan vs Ian Murray also shows this.

I'd agree with you on Riordan, he gets an easy ride for leaving the first time. Think it was even announced the day Hearts won the cup in 2006.

I'm not naive enough to think Celtic are seen as a bit more favourable in some cases - not Killen and Caldwell mind you.
Thomson and Murray left without winning something though, which does skew things and puts Brown in a much better light as a leaver. This was also a time we were meant to be on the cup and capable of doing really well, and Thomson turned us into a soap opera for weeks on end.

Better example is Whittaker, which proves moving 5o Ibrox doesn't automatically guarantee you hatred.

easty
13-06-2023, 05:14 PM
When we have someone who’s not been brought up a hibby, I don’t hold them to the same standards as someone who was.

Brown wasn’t. Katie was.

If I’d been lucky enough to be able to play for Hibs, I’d not have ruled out a move to Rangers or Celtc if it furthered my career. I would never in a million years have allowed my name to be put against a story like Thomson did. Whether he wrote it or not, he didn’t deny it was him at the time.

And now he’s a wee Hun fan boy sooking up to them at every opportunity. When you hear him doing the commentary for them against us it’s clear as day who he doesn’t support.

Kevin Thomson is an irrelevant hun as far as I’m concerned. No a hibby.

Donegal Hibby
13-06-2023, 05:22 PM
When we have someone who’s not been brought up a hibby, I don’t hold them to the same standards as someone who was.

Brown wasn’t. Katie was.

If I’d been lucky enough to be able to play for Hibs, I’d not have ruled out a move to Rangers or Celtc if it furthered my career. I would never in a million years have allowed my name to be put against a story like Thomson did. Whether he wrote it or not, he didn’t deny it was him at the time.

And now he’s a wee Hun fan boy sooking up to them at every opportunity. When you hear him doing the commentary for them against us it’s clear as day who he doesn’t support.

Kevin Thomson is an irrelevant hun as far as I’m concerned. No a hibby.
:agree: :top marksTurned to the dark side no doubt about it.