PDA

View Full Version : Entitled Celtic fans

TheSouthMoroccan
06-06-2023, 09:59 AM
Loving their melt down. Old Ange has done them a right turn, but he’s smart and measured and at the peak of his sell on power. It’s a big club in the best league in the world, so no way he would turn it down, even Stevie Wonder could see that. I love it when either of the Infirm go into meltdown, a nice wee reminder of how we feel when they nick our best players for SWA. Get it up you.

Hibs4185
06-06-2023, 10:02 AM
As Ange said himself, everyone expected him to be a failure and as such the Celtic board gave him a 12 month rolling contract!

Since452
06-06-2023, 10:03 AM
They are like the school bully who gets a smack from an older, harder kid. They will take it out on Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen just to make themselves feel big again. Watch them make a derisory offer for Nisbet, Duk or Shankland now.

hibee-boys
06-06-2023, 10:07 AM
He’s smart enough to know that should they bomb in Europe again next season and if Rangers managed to beat them to the title he’d have no chance of moving onto a bigger club. Another one of their Messiahs that jumped at the first chance😂

silverhibee
06-06-2023, 10:08 AM
As Ange said himself, everyone expected him to be a failure and as such the Celtic board gave him a 12 month rolling contract!

I thought all celtc managers get rolling contracts.

Hermit Crab
06-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Not sure what Celtic fans expected, any manager that wins a domestic treble is bound to attract attention from bigger clubs. Did they think he'd stay at celtic going through the same thing next season, winning nearly every game and getting put out of Europe in the group stages. Spurs are a big club and the fact they are not in Europe means he can fully concentrate on getting challenging near the top.

Lendo
06-06-2023, 10:43 AM

Hibbyradge
06-06-2023, 10:53 AM
He’s smart enough to know that should they bomb in Europe again next season and if Rangers managed to beat them to the title he’d have no chance of moving onto a bigger club. Another one of their Messiahs that jumped at the first chance😂

He's smart enough to know he's been offered a job with a huge EPL club with huge potential which comes with a multi-million pound salary.

Are there many managers that would knock that back?

easty
06-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Does Stevie Wonder even like football?

Keith_M
06-06-2023, 11:13 AM
Does Stevie Wonder even like football?

Dunno about likes it, but he's the one that makes the VAR decisions for The Rangers games.

Since90+2
06-06-2023, 11:20 AM
I thought all celtc managers get rolling contracts.

Yeah I think that's pretty standard for them.

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2023, 11:21 AM
Clever by ange. Get as many trophies as he can before joining Spurs.

JimBHibees
06-06-2023, 11:22 AM
Clever by ange. Get as many trophies as he can before joining Spurs.

😂

Pretty Boy
06-06-2023, 11:28 AM
It's a bigger job with a higher ceiling and will be a massive upgrade on his salary. At 57 he now has the chance to test himself against some of the best at one of the biggest clubs in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Add to that when it comes to transfers he now has the ability to buy from Waitrose as opposed to buying the Lidl Deluxe, not quite the Fortnum & Mason of Man City but an upgrade.

Why wouldn't he go? I get it, no one likes to lose a successful player or manager but they don't think of the game in the same way fans do. It's their job and a career and ultimately that means looking after number one. I didn't like it when the golden generation left, I didn't like it when McLeish and Mowbray left but the realist in me knows they all got offered better wages and better prospects at a higher level. That's life.

green day
06-06-2023, 11:30 AM
If any of you want a real giggle, have a read of this pile of pish from Kevin McKenna (who is a world class walloper anyway) on "ange" leaving -

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23569181.god-needs-word-big-ange/

Bristolhibby
06-06-2023, 11:31 AM
Not sure what Celtic fans expected, any manager that wins a domestic treble is bound to attract attention from bigger clubs. Did they think he'd stay at celtic going through the same thing next season, winning nearly every game and getting put out of Europe in the group stages. Spurs are a big club and the fact they are not in Europe means he can fully concentrate on getting challenging near the top.

I also think they (Spurs) have to give real priority to the Cups.

Their fans haven’t won a thing in years.

J

Stubbsy90+2
06-06-2023, 11:44 AM
:faf:

The fact they can’t understand why he’s went is astonishing.

Kato
06-06-2023, 11:44 AM
If any of you want a real giggle, have a read of this pile of pish from Kevin McKenna (who is a world class walloper anyway) on "ange" leaving -

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23569181.god-needs-word-big-ange/Admits to being deluded. A bit of a self realisation moment for one Celtc fan.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
06-06-2023, 11:50 AM

J

Big chance for them to win a trophy this year with no Europe. They can focus more 1st team players at the cups.

I think fans like trophies but from a business point of view finishing 4th is more of a priority in England. If he gets that and wins nothing then he'll be revered. Much like Pochettino.

Since452
06-06-2023, 11:56 AM

J

They should maybe start playing the players instead of the fans then :greengrin

allezsauzee
06-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Tom English will be in tears at this. I don't mind Ange tbh but I find it bizarre that Spurs have appointed him when they don't think Poch, Jose and Conte are good enough. Signing good Japanese players isn't going to cut it for a team trying to get top 4 in the EPL.

cocopops1875
06-06-2023, 12:03 PM
:faf:

The fact they can’t understand why he’s went is astonishing.

All comes from their delusion that they are one of the biggest clubs in the world and a superiority complex that everyone who walks through the doors at Celtic or Rangers is instantly effected in a life changing way by the club and it’s ethos, I even get why they think that to a point they are massive clubs with huge history’s, however they have been complicit for years of cheapening their brand by destroying any real competition in our league by top loading the rewards to benefit the old firm.

They’ve killed the draw of Scottish football and it’s now they are seeing it.

Dmas
06-06-2023, 12:06 PM
I love how all these big names get linked immediately like they have some massive pull it makes the almost certain appointment of Neil Lennon even more hilarious

cocopops1875
06-06-2023, 12:08 PM
It's a bigger job with a higher ceiling and will be a massive upgrade on his salary. At 57 he now has the chance to test himself against some of the best at one of the biggest clubs in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Add to that when it comes to transfers he now has the ability to buy from Waitrose as opposed to buying the Lidl Deluxe, not quite the Fortnum & Mason of Man City but an upgrade.

Why wouldn't he go? I get it, no one likes to lose a successful player or manager but they don't think of the game in the same way fans do. It's their job and a career and ultimately that means looking after number one. I didn't like it when the golden generation left, I didn't like it when McLeish and Mowbray left but the realist in me knows they all got offered better wages and better prospects at a higher level. That's life.

Basically all of this, always think Derek Mcinnes knocked back the rangers job at his Aberdeen peak, it was basically a free go at rangers given the state they were in and even failing probably wouldn’t have lost him much stock, bet he regrets that now.

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2023, 12:27 PM
I love how all these big names get linked immediately like they have some massive pull it makes the almost certain appointment of Neil Lennon even more hilarious

Absolutely no chance its Lennon. Zero.

PHeffernan
06-06-2023, 12:33 PM

A good read with lashings of satire.

Glory Lurker
06-06-2023, 12:47 PM
I enjoyed a good old chuckle last night at all the comments from Celtc folk saying he's taken a backward step by going to a smaller club. Aye, okay then. Money talks, bhoys, and you aren't close to being big on the European stage.

I don't care which one it is, either side of the gruesome twosome being in meltdown is one of my favourite things.

Ringothedog
06-06-2023, 01:48 PM
A good read with lashings of satire.

My thoughts as well

GRA
06-06-2023, 01:54 PM
The entitlement of the Celtic fans really does make me laugh. Remember when they were protesting outside Celtic Park after Ross County put them out the league cup when their 10-in-a-row bid was going down the pan. That was when they were on the brink of a quadruple-treble!

They can't grasp the reality that when a manager comes along there and does a semi-decent job he's going to jump ship the second he's offered a step-up to join a bigger and more competitive league. Happened with Rodgers, Gerrard & now Ange and will happen in the future.

Since452
06-06-2023, 01:55 PM
It's where Celtic are in the football food chain these days. Wait until they find out they can't compete with Luton Town.

Ryan91
06-06-2023, 02:14 PM
They are like the school bully who gets a smack from an older, harder kid. They will take it out on Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen just to make themselves feel big again. Watch them make a derisory offer for Nisbet, Duk or Shankland now.

Same thing when they get humped in Europe by the bigger teams, cry and complain about how unfair it all is, they have absolutely zero sense of irony.

If Celtic put in a stupid offer for Nisbet, Hibs ought to tell them where to shove it.

Donegal Hibby
06-06-2023, 02:28 PM
Same thing when they get humped in Europe by the bigger teams, cry and complain about how unfair it all is, they have absolutely zero sense of irony.

If Celtic put in a stupid offer for Nisbet, Hibs ought to tell them where to shove it.
If we have a offer of £2.2 million accepted for Nisbet it won't matter what kind of stupid offer they make it wouldn't be accepted anyhow until they matched the current one .

Onion
06-06-2023, 03:10 PM

You know them too well :agree:

silverhibee
06-06-2023, 03:11 PM

Sensible post. :top marks

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2023, 03:31 PM
I got talking to a drunk celtic fan on Sunday afternoon, in between all the hail hails and 67 this 67 that, someone mentioned Dundee Utd being relegated, and Ross County staying up.

I mentioned how Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian, and to my surprise the smellie told me i was wrong, and they used to be called Dundee Celtic.

Even after showing him the eevidence thanks to google, he still wouldnt have it and continued to tell me how celtic had started them up out of the goodness of their hearts, spreading the goodwill nationwide.

I left him saying most of what you know about your club i could wright on the back of a stamp and wandered off to speak to someone more intelligant than a pencil.

Dmas
06-06-2023, 03:41 PM
Absolutely no chance its Lennon. Zero.

Ken mate, just merely harking back to the last time they thought a big name was coming and they ended up with a sacked hibs manager

Victor
06-06-2023, 03:42 PM

Words fail me. Does the Herald actually pay that walloper a salary?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH1875
06-06-2023, 04:17 PM
I got talking to a drunk celtic fan on Sunday afternoon, in between all the hail hails and 67 this 67 that, someone mentioned Dundee Utd being relegated, and Ross County staying up.

I mentioned how Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian, and to my surprise the smellie told me i was wrong, and they used to be called Dundee Celtic.

Even after showing him the eevidence thanks to google, he still wouldnt have it and continued to tell me how celtic had started them up out of the goodness of their hearts, spreading the goodwill nationwide.

I left him saying most of what you know about your club i could wright on the back of a stamp and wandered off to speak to someone more intelligant than a pencil.

Were celtic not called Glasgow Hibernian as well when they started?

Ringothedog
06-06-2023, 04:22 PM
Were celtic not called Glasgow Hibernian as well when they started?

No, there was a breakaway from Celtic and a new club was formed called Glasgow Hibernian, they folded after a few years.

Bishop Hibee
06-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Spurs would have been better getting Brendan Rogers. Postecoglou would have been under pressure if he’d had another European failure with Celtc. His agent and him have played a blinder getting a lucrative contract at Spurs

hibby rae
06-06-2023, 04:43 PM

Does he think the famine was still going in 1888?

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2023, 04:46 PM
Spurs would have been better getting Brendan Rogers. Postecoglou would have been under pressure if he’d had another European failure with Celtc. His agent and him have played a blinder getting a lucrative contract at Spurs

I don't think so, Celtic fans absolutely love him, and he'd probably have strolled another treble.

ScottB
06-06-2023, 04:52 PM
It’s funny watching them be outraged at the ‘disrespect’ they’re getting from Spurs fans / some of the English media when it’s exactly how they view the rest of us.

JohnM1875
06-06-2023, 04:54 PM
It’s funny watching them be outraged at the ‘disrespect’ they’re getting from Spurs fans / some of the English media when it’s exactly how they view the rest of us.

Celtic fans have been unbearable since Ange started winning. I've honestly hated them more than Sevco fans (songs aside) recently with their entitlement. Hope they get relegated next year.

Ringothedog
06-06-2023, 05:15 PM

Celtic fan in rewriting history shock.

Liberal Hibby
06-06-2023, 05:47 PM

Spotted that too. A mere 36 years after the famine ended. Deluded doesn't even cover it...

hibby rae
06-06-2023, 05:49 PM
I don't think so, Celtic fans absolutely love him, and he'd probably have strolled another treble.

I agree. This is good for increasing the chances of a non-Old Firm trophy win next season.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2023, 05:58 PM
Spotted that too. A mere 36 years after the famine ended. Deluded doesn't even cover it...

Add ignorance to his delusion

Bostonhibby
06-06-2023, 05:59 PM
I'm still not convinced they deserve to have the I reinstated in celtc to be honest.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

LithgaeHibby
06-06-2023, 06:12 PM
I was speaking to a Celtc fan at work whose face was tripping him. "How could he go" etc etc. I reminded him that Brendan Rodgers was available but he still hasn't forgiven him. They are like a jealous spurned lover! I reminded him about all the Hibs players and managers that Celtc have hoovered up over the years but of course he couldn't see the irony. Rather like the twenty-something Jambo I was forced to listen to in a hospital waiting room moaning to his (bored-looking) mother about Man City and Celtc in relation to financial fair play ha ha ha

buktapurple79
06-06-2023, 08:16 PM

Aye, totally away with it, not a clue about history, we were founded for the reasons he triumphs, they were a business enterprise from the start, Celtic have massive masonic connections from there origins onwards.

Callyballybe
06-06-2023, 09:07 PM

State of that article.🙄

Carheenlea
06-06-2023, 09:16 PM
State of that article.🙄

Started badly, then when I reached the bit droning about "more than just a football club" it was time to close the article.

JimBHibees
06-06-2023, 09:17 PM
Started badly, then when I reached the bit droning about "more than just a football club" it was time to close the article.

Think it is a bit of a pisstake

Waxy
06-06-2023, 09:53 PM

Wow lol. Take your place as a selling club Celtic.

Saint Hibee
07-06-2023, 06:25 PM
Dunno about likes it, but he's the one that makes the VAR decisions for The Rangers games.

😆 (not sure if I’m allowed to laugh at this, but couldn’t stop myself)

BS44
08-06-2023, 10:37 AM
State of that article.🙄

Excellent and amusing pisstake of Sellick supporters.

superfurryhibby
09-06-2023, 06:50 AM
Think it is a bit of a pisstake

Mc Kenna is deadly serious throughout, a without irony, cock stroking more than a football team **** fest. Our owners are the opposite of our club values, oh well it is we fans who keep the purity of our noble cause aflame......

JimBHibees
09-06-2023, 08:22 AM
Mc Kenna is deadly serious throughout, a without irony, cock stroking more than a football team **** fest. Our owners are the opposite of our club values, oh well it is we fans who keep the purity of our noble cause aflame......

Don't think he is to be honest

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-06-2023, 09:27 AM

That's probably why their anthem , Hail Hail , has an opt of of " if you know your history" , because not all of them do.

Mick O'Rourke
09-06-2023, 09:42 AM
No, there was a breakaway from Celtic and a new club was formed called Glasgow Hibernian, they folded after a few years.

There was another club called Glasgow Hibernian that we helped form before Celtic were founded.
It,like the breakaway from Celtic when John Glass took over from Brother Walfrid,did not exist long.

And Brother Walfrid soon moved to London to work for and with the poor children in their East End.
Turbulent times for us of course when John Glass took over the reins at Celtic.
We know what happened next and they have been doing it ever since .
Charitable club,indeed !

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2023, 12:12 PM
I like Ange and I think he's got his head screwed on. He's going to Spurs at the best time; they're in the doldrums and there's lots of room for improvement. He'll also play the style of football which will suit the Spurs fans.

If it weakens Celtic at the same time, then good for us and the rest of the teams in the league. Should make the league more competitive as Celtic have been streets ahead the past few seasons.

Bostonhibby
09-06-2023, 02:15 PM
There was another club called Glasgow Hibernian that we helped form before Celtic were founded.
It,like the breakaway from Celtic when John Glass took over from Brother Walfrid,did not exist long.

And Brother Walfrid soon moved to London to work for and with the poor children in their East End.
Charitable club,indeed !Celtc, first again, the earliest sportswashers.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2023, 02:25 PM

Charitable club,indeed !

There is apparently still in existence, a letter from Brother Walfrid to Cannon Hannan, apologising for the way in which Celtic treated Hibs in the early years of their existence. It is apparently in the possession of a Hibs supporting family.

Kato
09-06-2023, 02:46 PM
There is apparently still in existence, a letter from Brother Walfrid to Cannon Hannan, apologising for the way in which Celtic treated Hibs in the early years of their existence. It is apparently in the possession of a Hibs supporting family.Needs seen.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Ringothedog
09-06-2023, 03:11 PM
There is apparently still in existence, a letter from Brother Walfrid to Cannon Hannan, apologising for the way in which Celtic treated Hibs in the early years of their existence. It is apparently in the possession of a Hibs supporting family.

Would be great to see it if it exists. The sad part is that Celtic were formed by Hibs supporters who then went on to treat our club abominably

Mick O'Rourke
09-06-2023, 03:39 PM

Yes i would not be surprised if that was true .
There was,over the years,debate about the way in which Glass took control of Celtic.
Certainly appears the Brothers were ousted from any great influence during those early years and the looting of our club the disgrace at that time.
Our descendants (supporters) must have been going radge at all this going on.
Glass appeared to want us out of business. Or certainly weakened as a rival.
Could he have been our own 19th Century Wallace Mercer.?

I suppose had the late 19th Century Irish diaspora been greater in the East rather than West of Scotland, the history of the clubs may well have been so different.
The founding of Celtic,then their early success did lead to Old rAngers adopting their Protestant stance to attract those loyalists/unionists who came from the Belfast shipyards and elsewhere in the North to work and settle in Glasgow and Clydeside towns .
The Frankenstein monster was being created and football played its part.
Just emphasises how much football (mixed with religion) can and did influence societies/communities then.
The West of Scotland,Lanarkshire,Clydeside and Ayrshire towns today clearly shows that.
And some East/West Lothian mining towns to this day.
Next months orange parades certainly will,if nothing else.
In some Ayrshire towns folk are still asked "What school did you go to? "
2023 deary me !
So tragic that vile behaviour and blind ignorance is passed on to children growing up thinking...
"i dont like Papes "...but i cannot tell you why.

GGTTH
SOL
HGSP

My old man was from the West.
My forebears on his side moved from Ireland first to Larkhall,then Lanark !
Lucky white heather,eh? :greengrin or maybe Shamrock !!

Edit
Apologies for digressing ... and ranting a wee bit!!