PDA

View Full Version : SDG Testimonial

Pages : [1] 2

Oscar T Grouch
02-06-2023, 02:21 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/testimonial-year-confirmed-for-sir-david-gray

Glad we are doing something for him. Sounds like there are going to be more events than just the testimonial match. Would be good to get a Man Utd 11 for the actual match.

Trinity Hibee
02-06-2023, 02:21 PM
Superb news!!!

Kato
02-06-2023, 02:34 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/testimonial-year-confirmed-for-sir-david-gray

Glad we are doing something for him. Sounds like there are going to be more events than just the testimonial match. Would be good to get a Man Utd 11 for the actual match.Nine years!!

I've kissed his forhead, right on the spot where heided the winner from.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Broken Gnome
02-06-2023, 02:36 PM
Always felt he managed to slink away from his playing time without enough notice, recognition or credit.

Over the moon with this.

Diclonius
02-06-2023, 02:38 PM
My daughter's due that month, shame as would have gone otherwise.

bingo70
02-06-2023, 02:45 PM

Congratulations, seems fitting you name her David when she’s born.

Your call though.

He's here!
02-06-2023, 02:48 PM

Glad we are doing something for him. Sounds like there are going to be more events than just the testimonial match. Would be good to get a Man Utd 11 for the actual match.

You could never tire of watching that cup-winning header.

He's also done better when he's stepped into the manager's shoes than folk give him credit for.

04Sauzee
02-06-2023, 02:48 PM

Wonder who will want to send a team to play in October

I'll still be there to watch 😁

DIXIHIBS
02-06-2023, 02:53 PM
Nine years!!

What...on the pitch at hampden...

Billy Whizz
02-06-2023, 02:56 PM
Wonder who will want to send a team to play in October

Both the game and the testimonial dinner are the weeks of the international break. Would have been lovely to get most of the 2016 winning team, but McGinn will be away with Scotland

Clubs will be idle, so hopefully can bring a team up to ER

The Tubs
02-06-2023, 03:07 PM
Congratulations, seems fitting you name her David when she’s born.

Your call though.

I'd say it's more of a duty.

HendoDelivered
02-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Class! Surely a sell out

Northernhibee
02-06-2023, 03:14 PM
Some things are so important you’d miss anything to be there.

Send Mrs. diclonius a good luck card and we’ll have a pie and a bovril waiting for you 👍

(congratulations by the way)

Ricky Bobby
02-06-2023, 03:17 PM

Many Congratulations, now please get your priorities right 😀

Diclonius
02-06-2023, 03:42 PM
Thanks all!

If we were having a boy he'd have been called Jason - will leave you to make your own interpretations on that one. :wink:

hibee_girl
02-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Gutted I’m on holiday and missing it.

I was on holiday for Stevenson’s as well. Sure they are doing it on purpose now :greengrin

Glory Lurker
02-06-2023, 05:17 PM
Even our mahoosive Gorgie overlords are too small a team to be worthy of such an occasion. Time machine required. I'd settle for Brazil '70 in the first half and Brazil '82 in the second.

Hibs3-2
02-06-2023, 05:17 PM

Thats the rumour

h1bs4life
02-06-2023, 06:56 PM
Well deserved , looking forward to the dinner and the match :flag:

Lago
02-06-2023, 07:25 PM
Nine years!!

Yuck

Gmack7
02-06-2023, 07:29 PM
Thats the rumour

I'd rather have the sevco 2016 team as the opponents managed by the magic hat might not be doable though

Green Reaper
02-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Thanks all!

If we were having a boy he'd have been called Jason - will leave you to make your own interpretations on that one. :wink:

You've went for Kylie

Pretty Boy
02-06-2023, 08:12 PM
Not usually a fan of testimonials but I'll be at both the match and dinner for this one.

Surely it will mean seeing the likes of Logan, McGeouch, Fyvie, Keatings, Fontaine and Bartley in Hibs strips one last time. Worth every penny.

Hibbyradge
02-06-2023, 08:17 PM
Not usually a fan of testimonials but I'll be at both the match and dinner for this one.

Surely it will mean seeing the likes of Logan, McGeouch, Fyvie, Keatings, Fontaine and Bartley in Hibs strips one last time. Worth every penny.

I'm hoping to get to both too.

Just a pity SJM will be in France with Scotland, assuming they fly out a couple of days before the game. :dunno:

StevieT
02-06-2023, 08:20 PM
What...on the pitch at hampden...

Don't be silly. He, and everyone else, was too busy attacking Sevco players

ErinGoBraghHFC
02-06-2023, 08:43 PM
I'd rather have the sevco 2016 team as the opponents managed by the magic hat might not be doable though

I actually agree, there’s not a hope in either gods Green earth or hell that they’d agree to that though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
02-06-2023, 09:23 PM
You've went for Kylie

Like your reasoning but it was pretty much a case of picking the 1 or 2 names we both actually agreed on.

It does help that our #1 choice for a boy happens to be the same as the Hammer of the Hearts.

Frazerbob
02-06-2023, 10:41 PM
I'm hoping to get to both too.

Just a pity SJM will be in France with Scotland, assuming they fly out a couple of days before the game. :dunno:

The Scotland squad are staying in Spain for a training camp between the Spain and France games.

Hibbyradge
02-06-2023, 11:04 PM
The Scotland squad are staying in Spain for a training camp between the Spain and France games.

Right, thanks. 👍

ehf
02-06-2023, 11:15 PM
Nine years!!

I hugged SDG on the pitch at Hampden; he seemed in a daze, as of course was I.

Pretty Boy
27-06-2023, 03:23 PM
Anyone else got tickets for the testimonial dinner?

Not a lot of detail of who will be in attendance but with interviews, entertainment and special guests mentioned i think it's safe to say it will be a good night.

WoreTheGreen
27-06-2023, 03:35 PM
Yes a bit pricey but a one off

Hibbyradge
27-06-2023, 03:51 PM
I'll be in Australia so can't go.

Is there a date for the testimonial game?

Sean1875
27-06-2023, 03:53 PM
I'll be in Australia so can't go.

Is there a date for the testimonial game?

Sunday 15th October im sure I read

Hibbyradge
27-06-2023, 03:54 PM
Sunday 15th October im sure I read

Thanks. I'll be back by then. 👍

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2023, 04:15 PM
https://i.ibb.co/p2ZHQ6q/IMG-1684.png (https://ibb.co/8M2ybnk)

Torto7062
27-06-2023, 09:35 PM
£92 + vat for cheapest seats 🫣

Berwickhibby
28-06-2023, 10:34 AM
Pricey, but got mine in order to show SDG how much he means for his service to the club. :flag:

I'm Spartacus
28-06-2023, 10:52 AM
The most deserving testimonial, the celebrations and memories he gave us with family and friends is the most important of all our lifetimes.

Sir David, if you read this, THANK YOU, but please no testimonial gigs, leave the guitar at home! :)

Hibs3-2
28-06-2023, 11:37 AM
Should be a good night but i think i’ll do hospitality in the united game instead..

LewysGot2
05-09-2023, 05:50 PM
Anyone else got tickets for the testimonial dinner?

Not a lot of detail of who will be in attendance but with interviews, entertainment and special guests mentioned i think it's safe to say it will be a good night.

My mates have a table. Jammy gits 🙄🙂

How strict is the black tie thing? Cannae see half of them in a penguin suit 🤣

Daily Hibs
05-09-2023, 06:08 PM
Tin hat firmly on.

But are we now a bit OTT when it comes to testimonials and the definition of them?

Surprisingly David Gray only played 37 Premiership matches for Hibs. That's very surprising to me.

I know he has given the club a number of years service but it has been a long time since he regularly played for us.

SChibs
05-09-2023, 06:09 PM
Tin hat firmly on.

But are we now a bit OTT when it comes to testimonials and the definition of them?

Surprisingly David Gray only played 37 Premiership matches for Hibs. That's very surprising to me.

I know he has given the club a number of years service but it has been a long time since he regularly played for us.

I totally see where you are coming from but if there's a player worth breaking the traditional testimonial rules for its David Gray. I like to see them as a way of celebrating an outstanding contribution to the football club, be it having 10 years loyal service or scoring one of the biggest goals in the clubs history

Onion
05-09-2023, 06:31 PM
Surprisingly odd to me.
If he had only played 1 game, I would still champion a testimonial for him.

:agree: Testimonial is the least we should be doing for SDG. That iconic image of him at the FT whistle in May 16 should be set in bronze on a plinth outside the West Stand.

Pretty Boy
05-09-2023, 06:35 PM

Not that strict.

POTY night is black tie as well but lounge suits are fine. Tbh there are always a couple in jeans and trainers and they never get turned away either.

I think it's just to encourage people to make a wee bit effort.

O'Rourke3
05-09-2023, 06:41 PM
Tin hat firmly on.

I know he has given the club a number of years service but it has been a long time since he regularly played for us.Do only Premiership matches count? The three seasons in the Championship & Stubbs first signing. Apart from the Hampden game his opener against Der Hun in the 4-0 was very special. He'd a wee habit of scoring against them.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

DIXIHIBS
05-09-2023, 06:42 PM
Tin hat firmly on.

Aye you need a tin hat. You seem very negative about all our cup winners. Regularly slate stevenson/hanlon and say hibs are overly sentimental etc. SDG gave most of us our greatest day supporting hibs ( with the help of a few others), he's been at the club 10 years and steps in to help without complaint when called upon. Dam right he deserves a testimonial.

LewysGot2
05-09-2023, 06:43 PM
Not that strict.

POTY night is black tie as well but lounge suits are fine. Tbh there are always a couple in jeans and trainers and they never get turned away either.

I think it's just to encourage people to make a wee bit effort.

Damn - I'd been hoping to see a couple of dafties in their finery and as uncomfortable as I'd imagine that would make them 😉

Broken Gnome
05-09-2023, 06:44 PM
He didn't really get a proper send off. Ten years nearly, captained us through the rough times, gave us our best times, stand-up guy, always there for us.

Deserves everything.

Who we playing in October? Thought we would have heard something by now.

Col2
05-09-2023, 06:51 PM
We must fill ER for SDG

I hope we do everything to promote it.

If I was a millionaire I would fund his salary at Hibs the rest of his life

WoreTheGreen
05-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Pushed the boat out and got a top table
Probably a thank you for the best feeling I had at the SDG goal
I doubt it will be ever repeated

h1bs4life
05-09-2023, 07:12 PM

3 of us going , bit pricey but worth every penny.
No penguin suit for me dress trousers , shirt and Hibs tie.
Really looking forward to it hopefully most of the 2016 team will be there .

S4uzee
05-09-2023, 07:38 PM
3 of us going , bit pricey but worth every penny.
No penguin suit for me dress trousers , shirt and Hibs tie.
Really looking forward to it hopefully most of the 2016 team will be there .

You reckon it will be ok with a normal suit?

CapitalGreen
05-09-2023, 07:43 PM

Yes, definitely

He's here!
05-09-2023, 08:31 PM

Yes. Black tie for me but only because I used to have to wear a tux for work. 3 at our table are wearing kilts which is also a good option but some are just wearing suits. Even a blazer/smart trousers will be be fine, but there's a ban on anyone even thinking of turning up in jeans to our table.

bod
05-09-2023, 08:37 PM
Do you need the numbers to book a table ? Lot of us away for the Scotland game but someone who’s not going is looking for a couple of seats

h1bs4life
06-09-2023, 02:51 PM
Do you need the numbers to book a table ? Lot of us away for the Scotland game but someone who’s not going is looking for a couple of seats

You could get single seats at the £92 tables . We got 3 no idea what table at but will be fellow Hibs fans should be a cracking night .

Since452
06-09-2023, 03:03 PM
I think the cup winning goal and everything that surrounded that sometimes make you forget what a good player and captain Gray was for us. An absolute warrior. I always felt we were a much better team when he was in it. I wish we had a David Gray in the side now. Fully deserving of a testimonial for what he's given us. He's absolutely immortalised himself in the history of our club.

Billy Whizz
06-09-2023, 04:39 PM
What’s the situation with the game next month, do we have a date, venue and who’s likely to be playing

Just_Jimmy
06-09-2023, 04:50 PM
What’s the situation with the game next month, do we have a date, venue and who’s likely to be playingIt said a man utd select in on the website.

No idea about details.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Iain G
06-09-2023, 05:24 PM
It said a man utd select in on the website.

No idea about details.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

So will include Antony and Sancho 🤣

Power
06-09-2023, 06:29 PM
What’s the situation with the game next month, do we have a date, venue and who’s likely to be playing

Match Details announced at the end of the week B ✅

Tambo
09-09-2023, 01:57 PM
The likes of Darren Fletcher and Wes Brown will turn out for the Red Devils select side while Hibs legends Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker will be among the home squad.

Hibs' confirmation statement also revealed some of the Scottish Cup Final winning squad will take part in the action as well as players from the 2007 League Cup victory.

10 pound a ticket.

Power
09-09-2023, 02:05 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/david-gray-testimonial-sees-manchester-united-legends-at-easter-road

A Hibernian FC Legends side will face Manchester United Legends in October for David Gray’s testimonial match.

The game will take place on Sunday 15 October, 2023 at Easter Road and will kick-off at 2pm.

To commemorate David’s magnificent career, a Manchester United Legends XI will come to Easter Road as we go back to where it all started for him.

There will be a star-studded team for the Hibernian FC side with David Gray lining up with some of his Scottish Cup winning teammates and some of the side that lifted the League Cup in 2007

The first two names on the teamsheet are former Hibs and Scotland legends Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker.

Tickets are now on sale for the game. They’re just £10 for all supporters and can be purchased at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

jacomo
09-09-2023, 03:09 PM
I totally see where you are coming from but if there's a player worth breaking the traditional testimonial rules for its David Gray. I like to see them as a way of celebrating an outstanding contribution to the football club, be it having 10 years loyal service or scoring one of the biggest goals in the clubs history

100%. Stubbs’ first signing and helped set the standard for that desperately needed rebuild after years of drift, before writing his name into Hibs history.

If someone doesn’t understand why this guy deserves special recognition then they don’t know much about this club. Oh for a time in the future when we can be blasé about winning the Scottish Cup.

jacomo
09-09-2023, 03:11 PM
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/david-gray-testimonial-sees-manchester-united-legends-at-easter-road

A Hibernian FC Legends side will face Manchester United Legends in October for David Gray’s testimonial match.

The game will take place on Sunday 15 October, 2023 at Easter Road and will kick-off at 2pm.

To commemorate David’s magnificent career, a Manchester United Legends XI will come to Easter Road as we go back to where it all started for him.

There will be a star-studded team for the Hibernian FC side with David Gray lining up with some of his Scottish Cup winning teammates and some of the side that lifted the League Cup in 2007

The first two names on the teamsheet are former Hibs and Scotland legends Scott Brown and Steven Whittaker.

Tickets are now on sale for the game. They’re just £10 for all supporters and can be purchased at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/

Very decent.

McD
09-09-2023, 03:47 PM

Are we even breaking traditional rules? It’s usually for 10 years service, he’ll reach that at the end of this season won’t he?

In that time, he’s been a player, captain, galvanising influence, cup winning goal scorer and captain, coach, step-into-the-breach manager and never misses a chance to talk us up. Definitely deserving of a testimonial imho

B.H.F.C
09-09-2023, 03:48 PM
Hope we get a decent crowd in for this. The man absolutely deserves it. Tenner a ticket should help.

Danderhall Hibs
09-09-2023, 03:50 PM
Hope we get a decent crowd in for this. The man absolutely deserves it. Tenner a ticket should help.

100%

Wheat Hound
09-09-2023, 03:53 PM
Ticket bought 👍

This man is an utter legend and deserves our full support

Stuart93
10-09-2023, 09:24 AM
A nice bit of irony that the event last night was hosted by a guy who’d wrote us off at half time vs hearts

Pretty Boy
10-09-2023, 09:25 AM
A nice bit of irony that the event last night was hosted by a guy who’d wrote us off at half time vs hearts

Tbf to him he didn't try to hide from it and was pretty self deprecating.

I thought he was very good as a host.

h1bs4life
10-09-2023, 09:56 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the night , Peter Martin was a funny host.
Good to see Fyvie , Stevenson , Hanlon , Fontaine , Stokesie up on the stage talking about SDG and the cup final win .
Jack Ross , Newell , Fish and a few more all singing his praises.
SDG is a gentleman came round posing for photos also signed Scottish Cup tattoo on some drunk Hibs fans leg and let them kiss the spot on his napper where he connected with the ball for that goal.:wink:
Nothing to do with the testimonial but the venue ran out of beer at 9 pm they did get more in but by that time we were on the vodka which is probably why very rough this morning.

Billy Whizz
10-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the night , Peter Martin was a funny host.
Good to see Fyvie , Stevenson , Hanlon , Fontaine , Stokesie up on the stage talking about SDG and the cup final win .
Jack Ross , Newell , Fish and a few more all singing his praises.
SDG is a gentleman came round posing for photos also signed Scottish Cup tattoo on some drunk Hibs fans leg and let them kiss the spot on his napper where he connected with the ball for that goal.:wink:
Nothing to do with the testimonial but the venue ran out of beer at 9 pm they did get more in but by that time we were on the vodka which is probably why very rough this morning.

Stokes was at the event?

h1bs4life
10-09-2023, 10:45 AM
Stokes was at the event?

Yes Stokes was there was surprised to see him he spoke highly of the team and SDG
Peter Martin did make a joke about having all the exits covered

A Hi-Bee
10-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Stokes was at the event?

Brilliant, and just hope he is still free to play in the testimonial game, be funny watching a prison guard running around handcuffed to Stoksey while on fire.
What a display the man put on that day at Hampden, and it was not the first time he had won a cup almost on his own at Hampden. He destroyed us one time as well.
:thumbsup:

Stuart93
10-09-2023, 11:26 AM

Aye that’s fair play

WoreTheGreen
10-09-2023, 11:39 AM
Peter Martin was great compare
Really natural funny guy

jeffers
10-09-2023, 11:40 AM
Enjoyed the night apart from the singer at the end. Took to him as much as I did with Johnson.

Really nice of John Doolan to make the effort and drive up, but ouch that was awkward his comment about SDG being a level above Liam Craig as captain, not realising Liam Craig was actually in attendance.

h1bs4life
10-09-2023, 11:40 AM

Welcome to the stage Will Fish soon to follow in David Gray’s footsteps by being released by Man Utd :greengrin

LewysGot2
10-09-2023, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the stage Will Fish soon to follow in David Gray’s footsteps by being released by Man Utd :greengrin

How did Big Fish handle that? :greengrin

LewysGot2
10-09-2023, 12:05 PM
100%. Stubbs’ first signing and helped set the standard for that desperately needed rebuild after years of drift, before writing his name into Hibs history.

If someone doesn’t understand why this guy deserves special recognition then they don’t know much about this club. Oh for a time in the future when we can be blasé about winning the Scottish Cup.

Brondby away sticks in my mind as being typical of his leadership and quality. I remember being at that game and thinking “he really IS such a natural leader and talisman”.

h1bs4life
10-09-2023, 12:41 PM
How did Big Fish handle that? :greengrin

Fish just laughed it of there was a good bit of banter between Martin and the players , Stevenson , Hanlon and think it was Newell all kept minding about his half time write off at Tynie.
John Doolan made the long journey up specially to pay testimony to SDG , very good presentation from the Community Trust one of the charities that are benefiting from SDG testimonial year they do some terrific stuff in the community.
Lots of money raised at the auction with Martin funny and good at playing of the bidders against each other for the benefit of the fund.
Tickets for the night cost a few quid but we’ll worth it glad I was fortunate at the time to be able to afford it and be part of a great night.:flag::flag:

Diclonius
10-09-2023, 01:48 PM
My kid is due to come out late September, if she's not too late I might try and go.

blackpoolhibs
10-09-2023, 02:25 PM
My kid is due to come out late September, if she's not too late I might try and go.

Nobody minds these days, just let her get on with it, i'ts no biggie now. :wink:

Itsnoteasy
10-09-2023, 03:49 PM
Really natural funny guy

Surely could have got a Hibby to do it, he's a Celtic c3nt

JimBHibees
13-09-2023, 12:58 PM
Really nice of John Doolan to make the effort and drive up, but ouch that was awkward his comment about SDG being a level above Liam Craig as captain, not realising Liam Craig was actually in attendance.

Ouch

CockneyRebel
13-09-2023, 03:02 PM
Really natural funny guy

Go compere!

WoreTheGreen
13-09-2023, 03:39 PM
Go compere!

I see my f up🫣

JimBHibees
14-09-2023, 08:01 AM
Martin changed his surname did he not

LewysGot2
14-09-2023, 05:09 PM
Martin changed his surname did he not

Yes, from something more Irish Catholic sounding

Monktonhall 7
14-09-2023, 05:55 PM
Yes, from something more Irish Catholic sounding

His surname was McGuire.

MWHIBBIES
14-09-2023, 06:21 PM
He absolutely deserves a testimonial. He's been here 9 years now too, and isn't going anywhere. A real Hibs legend.

Potty78
14-09-2023, 09:24 PM
Hoping we shift the tickets especially with the pricing. Hospitality day out for me that day👍🍺

Potty78
01-10-2023, 10:31 AM
Seems to have gone a bit quiet on this? What's the ticket sales looking like?

B.H.F.C
01-10-2023, 10:41 AM
Seems to have gone a bit quiet on this? What's the ticket sales looking like?

Very few sold. One of those where there is no rush for folk to buy tickets, and imagine most will buy pretty late in the day. Really hope there is a big push on this and we get a decent crowd in. Would be horrible if there was only a couple of thousand in or something like that.

DaveF
02-10-2023, 06:20 AM
Very few sold. One of those where there is no rush for folk to buy tickets, and imagine most will buy pretty late in the day. Really hope there is a big push on this and we get a decent crowd in. Would be horrible if there was only a couple of thousand in or something like that.

I'm in that number. Will grab a ticket but I had more or less forgotten about it so a PR pish wouldn't go amiss to give others like me a boot up the arse.

WeAreHibs
02-10-2023, 06:49 AM
I'm in that number. Will grab a ticket but I had more or less forgotten about it so a PR pish wouldn't go amiss to give others like me a boot up the arse.

A PR what? 🤣

lyonhibs
02-10-2023, 07:22 AM

Gary Locke finally outs himself

DaveF
02-10-2023, 07:30 AM
A PR what? 🤣

It's just something a bit different to the normal PR guff 😂

Fuzzywuzzy
02-10-2023, 11:50 AM
Just bought one. There'll be folk that are waiting on the full list of players being announced.

Wheel out the class of '92 that'll shift tickets

Iain G
02-10-2023, 05:44 PM
Just bought one. There'll be folk that are waiting on the full list of players being announced.

You think Graeme Love, Michael Fenwick, Chris Jackson and Steven Tweed will improve ticket sales that much?

Pretty Boy
02-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Brian McLair announced as manager of the Man Utd 11.

Crunchie
03-10-2023, 05:45 AM

The class of 91 would be better :greengrin.

I'd personally love to see Geebsy and co on the hallowed turf again, we don't win many trophies but that particular one took some doing given the events of the summer before and our opposition in the semi.

I'll be buying a ticket regardless.

Tambo
03-10-2023, 06:35 AM
Would of loved to have been able to get up for this, is there a way to donate a ticket nearer the time or even a donation?

linlithgowhibbie
03-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Would of loved to have been able to get up for this, is there a way to donate a ticket nearer the time or even a donation?
Just buy the ticket but don't go?

Tambo
03-10-2023, 05:46 PM
Just buy the ticket but don't go?

Yes I think so 👍

Joe6-2
03-10-2023, 05:52 PM
It's just something a bit different to the normal PR guff 😂

Do you mean the usual PR sh*t

SteveHFC
03-10-2023, 08:02 PM
Conrad been confirmed.

Mikey Stewart playing for Man U.

Power
03-10-2023, 08:23 PM

Leith based football charity, Street Soccer Scotland, with support from the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation, Porty Hibs, Australia Hibs, longbangers and others aim to get c50 kids and families along to every home league game.

The charity are doing a ticket appeal for club legend David Gray’s Testimonial with the hope of getting folk along who couldn’t otherwise attend (from Street Soccer Scotland programmes and partners like YMCA Edinburgh and Muirhouse Youth Development Group).
If anyone is unable to make game or feels like donating a ticket(s) please purchase a digital ticket and email the ticket to [email protected]

Preference is the East stand in sections 37, 38 towards the Famous Five

.Sean.
04-10-2023, 08:38 AM
Conrad been confirmed.

Mikey Stewart playing for Man U.
Had a look at the list of so called legends that had been confirmed so far for Man U and jeezo, but Mikey Stewart is a pisstake. The only place he’s a legend is in his own heed (and I don’t actually mind the guy)

Crunchie
04-10-2023, 08:41 AM
Had a look at the list of so called legends that had been confirmed so far for Man U and jeezo, but Mikey Stewart is a pisstake. The only place he’s a legend is in his own heed (and I don’t actually mind the guy)
A cup winner with Hibs is always a legend :wink:

.Sean.
04-10-2023, 08:43 AM
A cup winner with Hibs is always a legend :wink:
The only contribution made by Stewart on that day was having a face like a slapped erse in every photo he’s in

As for Kevin Thomson playing for the Hibs legends, the Rangers legends team must have a weekend off or something.

.Sean.
04-10-2023, 08:54 AM
He played his part in the earlier rounds, who can forget his screamer against Aberdeen.
The 4 nil against Aberdeen was in the Scottish Cup

Crunchie
04-10-2023, 08:55 AM
The 4 nil against Aberdeen was in the Scottish Cup
Correct

StevesFamau5
04-10-2023, 09:22 AM
I'm trying to encourage the Mrs but it's like pulling teeth. Completely uninterested atm.

I will probably wait til I'm paid next week and then get myself one. I fancy the Pioneers package but with me on the teetotal life for a bit I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it as much.

Billy Whizz
04-10-2023, 11:46 AM
The only contribution made by Stewart on that day was having a face like a slapped erse in every photo he’s in

As for Kevin Thomson playing for the Hibs legends, the Rangers legends team must have a weekend off or something.

He played in the squad that one the Scottish cup. Remember his last minute header off the line at Tynie in the 2-2 game
That’s more than enough to be a Hibs legend, as well as having played for Hibs 3 times

SickBoy32
04-10-2023, 12:26 PM
He played in the squad that one the Scottish cup. Remember his last minute header off the line at Tynie in the 2-2 game
That’s more than enough to be a Hibs legend, as well as having played for Hibs 3 times

An absolutely crucial header no doubt, however like others - for me it's difficult to ignore his incessant pandering to the huns.

The end to his first spell was dreadful too (misquoted or not), Broony showed some class during that spell and left us as a cup winner

KT is not a Hibs legend in my book

Should add - looking forward to the game, much deserved for SDG!

.Sean.
04-10-2023, 12:54 PM
I remember it clear as day, I was at the game, as I was for probably 95% of the games he played for Hibs. I liked him as a player throughout his 3 spells.

Up until maybe a year or so ago I’d quite regularly stand up for Thomson on here when he was getting slated for his obvious Rangers leanings. I went right off him and seen the side the majority had been seeing for years before when he started coming out with sycophant pish like it being his dream to manage Rangers. You’re Hibs or Rangers, not both. No right minded or self respecting Hibs supporter of sane mind would ever suck up to that bigoted shower even if you have played for them. By all means show them respect but to pander to them they way he does, nah. Not a Hibs legend for me

lugz
04-10-2023, 01:24 PM
An absolutely crucial header no doubt, however like others - for me it's difficult to ignore his incessant pandering to the huns.

The end to his first spell was dreadful too (misquoted or not), Broony showed some class during that spell and left us as a cup winner

KT is not a Hibs legend in my book

Should add - looking forward to the game, much deserved for SDG!

Completely agree, KT is definitely not a hibs legend.

As for the Testimonial itself it really is looking like a big let down on the United side, I'm not expecting beckham, giggs etc but some of these guys haven't even made a first team appearance.

Broken Gnome
04-10-2023, 01:47 PM
It doesn't REALLY matter who plays for Man Utd, does it?

It will be available guys SDG likely identifies with, rather than desperate non-starter attempts to get A (or B list). Michael Stewart even brings a bit of pantomime villainy.

The Man Utd line-up shouldn't impact the gate at all, you'd like think. It's SDG's day. You can never really prejudge a testimonial crowd, I don't know what a good or bad one would be, but he deserves many thousands regardless of what is on the pitch.

BILLYHIBS
04-10-2023, 01:55 PM
If they bring on Michael Stewart we will bring on Joe Tortolano

B.H.F.C
04-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Stokes didn’t turn up to court today and a warrant out for his arrest.

Can’t see him being there next week!

.Sean.
04-10-2023, 02:58 PM

That for the drugs thing?

B.H.F.C
04-10-2023, 03:01 PM
That for the drugs thing?

Naw, for sending his ex abusive messages.

MWHIBBIES
04-10-2023, 03:15 PM

What a ****ing idiot.

BoomtownHibees
04-10-2023, 04:57 PM
What a ****ing idiot.

Harsh. BHFC is no a bad guy

tricky
05-10-2023, 06:52 AM
Leith based football charity, Street Soccer Scotland, with support from the Hanlon Stevenson Foundation, Porty Hibs, Australia Hibs, longbangers and others aim to get c50 kids and families along to every home league game.

The charity are doing a ticket appeal for club legend David Gray’s Testimonial with the hope of getting folk along who couldn’t otherwise attend (from Street Soccer Scotland programmes and partners like YMCA Edinburgh and Muirhouse Youth Development Group).
If anyone is unable to make game or feels like donating a ticket(s) please purchase a digital ticket and email the ticket to [email protected]

Thanks a lot for the tickets sent over so far

Robbie

EHZERO7
05-10-2023, 09:10 AM
It doesn't REALLY matter who plays for Man Utd, does it?

It will be available guys SDG likely identifies with, rather than desperate non-starter attempts to get A (or B list). Michael Stewart even brings a bit of pantomime villainy.

The Man Utd line-up shouldn't impact the gate at all, you'd like think. It's SDG's day. You can never really prejudge a testimonial crowd, I don't know what a good or bad one would be, but he deserves many thousands regardless of what is on the pitch.
Spot on 👍🇳🇬.
It’s all about SDG

keep the faith
05-10-2023, 09:30 AM
If they bring on Michael Stewart we will bring on Joe Tortolano

I really liked Mikey Stewart for us. Good player and smashing Paul Hartley on front of the east further endeared him. Unfortunately he is defined by looking miserable in the cup final pic.

I must admit, I thought at the time that JC putting on Shelton Martis in that game was a real public snub to MS and a bit unnecessary and def was the reason for the sour pus.

More importantly though, I hope every hibs net poster gets along to this game and makes it a really special day.

Trinity Hibee
05-10-2023, 10:43 AM
I really liked Mikey Stewart for us. Good player and smashing Paul Hartley on front of the east further endeared him. Unfortunately he is defined by looking miserable in the cup final pic.

I must admit, I thought at the time that JC putting on Shelton Martis in that game was a real public snub to MS and a bit unnecessary and def was the reason for the sour pus.

More importantly though, I hope every hibs net poster gets along to this game and makes it a really special day.

Agreed. He was the ball winner that allowed brown and Thomson to do a bit more of the technical work. His goal v Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup at ER was probably the best I’ve seen in person.

BILLYHIBS
05-10-2023, 11:23 AM

I remember him puking up on the pitch versus Aberdeen was it a virus or the result of JC’s training regime ?

Liked him as a pundit but seems to have gone quiet after comments made about Sevco

Fuzzywuzzy
05-10-2023, 02:56 PM
I remember him puking up on the pitch versus Aberdeen was it a virus or the result of JC’s training regime ?

Liked him as a pundit but seems to have gone quiet after comments made about Sevco

I think since he's apologised he was instructed to fall in line with the rest of the sycophants

overdrive
05-10-2023, 05:16 PM

Think he puked a few times. Aberdeen was the most notable as it was just after he scored that screamer.

Tambo
05-10-2023, 05:16 PM

Donated two tickets, I hope they enjoy the experience and sorry if i bought someone's ST seat.

SDG deserves a decent turnout.

Hibs3-2
05-10-2023, 05:17 PM
Thomson is a hun worshipping bassa. Not my most hated individual due to his header off the line at tynie and no doubt a deep down hibs fan. But a hun worshipper none-the-less

Daniel 1875
06-10-2023, 11:10 AM
The David Gray testimonial committee have offered to match the number of tickets donated to Robbie at Street Soccer Scotland for next weekend.

If you can, it’d be great to get lots of local families along to the game at Easter Road.

£10 per ticket, with every donated ticket being matched by the folks behind the testimonial - a fantastic gesture.

Tickets can be purchased via the club ticketing site, and donated tickets can be sent by forwarding the Print at Home email to [email protected].

Brunswickbill
07-10-2023, 11:31 AM
I’ve tried to buy a ticket for the testimonial game for my season ticket seat and the system forces me to login to my Hibs account and then gives me an error message. Anyone else having problems?

jeffers
07-10-2023, 12:02 PM
I’ve tried to buy a ticket for the testimonial game for my season ticket seat and the system forces me to login to my Hibs account and then gives me an error message. Anyone else having problems?

Just tried it, logged in fine and was able to purchase 2 tickets.

3pm
08-10-2023, 09:13 AM
No Stokes.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2023, 09:59 AM
Just having a look and very few tickets sold for this. Really hope there is a big push on it this week. The game itself isn’t particularly appealing but I really hope there is a decent turnout for the man.

Allant1981
08-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Wonder if school holidays are impacting sales, a lot of folk I know will be away

B.H.F.C
08-10-2023, 10:09 AM
Wonder if school holidays are impacting sales, a lot of folk I know will be away

Looking at the sales I think it’s just lack of interest in the game itself.

It has kind of went under the radar a wee bit with all the real games going on but hopefully with a free week now we can get a good build up to it and shift a good number of tickets.

JohnM1875
08-10-2023, 10:15 AM
Looking at the sales I think it’s just lack of interest in the game itself.

It has kind of went under the radar a wee bit with all the real games going on but hopefully with a free week now we can get a good build up to it and shift a good number of tickets.

I'll go cause it's SDG, but I'm not too bothered about the game itself if I'm completely honest.

B.H.F.C
08-10-2023, 10:19 AM
I'll go cause it's SDG, but I'm not too bothered about the game itself if I'm completely honest.

Same for me. Same for most I would imagine. The guy deserves a good turnout.

LewysGot2
08-10-2023, 10:34 AM
Same for me. Same for most I would imagine. The guy deserves a good turnout.

If we can't thank him, who do we thank?

Really hope folk give him a turn out.

Billy Whizz
08-10-2023, 11:05 AM
No Stokes.

Is he still AWOL

LewysGot2
08-10-2023, 11:06 AM
Is he still AWOL

Failed to turn up to court this week. Warrant out for his arrest again

Tambo
08-10-2023, 11:27 AM
Whoever scored the winner for us in a Scottish Cup final deserves a decent turnout.

Cod Boy
08-10-2023, 07:07 PM
A lot of boys and girls play club football on a Sunday who won’t be able to go as well as the parents .

Hibeewilly
08-10-2023, 08:58 PM
The David Gray testimonial committee have offered to match the number of tickets donated to Robbie at Street Soccer Scotland for next weekend.

If you can, it’d be great to get lots of local families along to the game at Easter Road.

£10 per ticket, with every donated ticket being matched by the folks behind the testimonial - a fantastic gesture.

Tickets can be purchased via the club ticketing site, and donated tickets can be sent by forwarding the Print at Home email to [email protected].

Hi Daniel

I've bought 2 tickets and tried to email them to Robbie but its bounced back.
Can you confirm the email address please. I left the dot after org out but I'm wondering if uk should follow org.
Thanks

Forget that Daniel. I've sent it from another email address and seems to have been delivered this time okay....

JohnM1875
08-10-2023, 09:53 PM
A lot of boys and girls play club football on a Sunday who won’t be able to go as well as the parents .

I suppose it's then a close call on what's more important? Celebrating SDG or watching a child play a stupid little meaningless match.

We all know the right answer.

I am of course obviously joking! There isn't a close call.

HendoDelivered
08-10-2023, 10:11 PM
If we can't thank him, who do we thank?

Really hope folk give him a turn out.

Just looked at the ticket sales when purchasing tickets and cannot believe how poor the sales look. Disappointing.

Bobby's Cinema
09-10-2023, 11:21 AM
Just looked at the ticket sales when purchasing tickets and cannot believe how poor the sales look. Disappointing.
It is another expensive month with Tynecastle Ibrox Celtic coming and semi final tickets to purchase.
It is what it is a friendly game. Hope SDG enjoys it. You would maybe get a better turn out by tagging it onto a decent pre-season game to get more of a crowd in.

Tambo
09-10-2023, 05:19 PM
Hi Daniel

I've bought 2 tickets and tried to email them to Robbie but its bounced back.
Can you confirm the email address please. I left the dot after org out but I'm wondering if uk should follow org.
Thanks

Forget that Daniel. I've sent it from another email address and seems to have been delivered this time okay....

Did Robbie get them ok? I forwarded my tickets to his email and it went to his spam folder for some reason.

Musselbound
09-10-2023, 06:17 PM
Must be missing something. I don't see anything about this game on the official site. Anyone got a link to info, tickets, etc.

Hiber-nation
09-10-2023, 06:18 PM
Must be missing something. I don't see anything about this game on the official site. Anyone got a link to info, tickets, etc.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/Events

Musselbound
09-10-2023, 06:35 PM
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/Events

😁👍

Hibeewilly
09-10-2023, 10:25 PM
Did Robbie get them ok? I forwarded my tickets to his email and it went to his spam folder for some reason.
I just received an email from Robbie 5 minutes ago Tambo so all good mate

Green Man
10-10-2023, 07:05 AM
It is another expensive month with Tynecastle Ibrox Celtic coming and semi final tickets to purchase.
It is what it is a friendly game. Hope SDG enjoys it. You would maybe get a better turn out by tagging it onto a decent pre-season game to get more of a crowd in.

It’s also the October holidays for schools. I would have been at the game with my son but we’re away for the weekend.

B.H.F.C
10-10-2023, 08:05 AM
It’s also the October holidays for schools. I would have been at the game with my son but we’re away for the weekend.

I think it’s predominantly just down to a lack of interest in the event itself.

I’m going because it’s for the guy who scored the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final but I can’t say the actual game holds much appeal. They’ve only got 12 players listed for Hibs and one is the current manager and one is on the run from the Polis! It’s not really been pushed at all but I think it’ll be a real shame if there isn’t a decent turnout.

tricky
10-10-2023, 06:00 PM
I just received an email from Robbie 5 minutes ago Tambo so all good mate

Thanks a lot everyone for the support with tickets sorry not replied to everyone individually yet but I will, been away for a couple of days.
Robbie

Gatecrasher
10-10-2023, 07:09 PM
I hope there's a wee flurry of ticket sales as the game gets closer, if anyone deserves a decent turn out its SDG. He joined the club at one of it's lowest points and led the club to one of its highest.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2023, 07:40 AM
I’m going because it’s for the guy who scored the winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final but I can’t say the actual game holds much appeal.

That's where I am too, my old man received an extremely uplifting phonecall from the man himself at the start of lockdown just after my mum passed away, 6 purchased, it's the least we can do.

Allant1981
11-10-2023, 08:13 AM
I'm kind of torn on testimonials now, guy at work made a fair point and isn't going as he reckons testimonials are out dated now and used to be for guys who hadn't earned that much money in their careers and I couldn't really disagree, but he scored the winner in the Scottish Cup final, unfortunately I'm on holiday so can't go but would likely have been therr

nonshinyfinish
11-10-2023, 08:27 AM
I'm kind of torn on testimonials now, guy at work made a fair point and isn't going as he reckons testimonials are out dated now and used to be for guys who hadn't earned that much money in their careers and I couldn't really disagree, but he scored the winner in the Scottish Cup final, unfortunately I'm on holiday so can't go but would likely have been therr

Does the money actually go to the player these days, or does it go to charity?

Billy Whizz
11-10-2023, 08:37 AM

A mixture

Hibs3-2
11-10-2023, 10:02 AM
United team could be better but looking forward to it. Im in Pioneers - anyone know what time it will open on Sunday? 11:30?

Itsnoteasy
11-10-2023, 11:21 AM

Up to the player what he does with it.

Potty78
11-10-2023, 11:25 AM
United team could be better but looking forward to it. Im in Pioneers - anyone know what time it will open on Sunday? 11:30?

Us too pal, yeh 1130👍🍻 not great sales by the look of it but looking forward to it!

h1bs4life
11-10-2023, 12:11 PM

Yes 11:30 , 6 of us going to Pioneers , got the tickets delivered end of last week .
Don’t know if it’s an age thing, 2 of our group are in there sixties , 1 in there seventies and 2 in there eighties . No way was anyone going to miss this game and we decided to push the boat out .
David Gray and the team that day gave us what not even the guys in the 80’s dad’s got to see was Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.
Disappointing ticket sales hopefully they will pick up before Sunday
Very young at my 1st Scottish Cup final in 1972 , was 18 in 1979 if anybody had said to me you would have to wait 37 years to see us win the cup would have laughed at them.
Hopefully the young team will not have to wait as long .:flag:

wookie70
11-10-2023, 12:59 PM
I can't make my mind up whether to go. Firstly he hasn't been here 10 years and wasn't a player for a huge amount of time. Secondly I don't really agree with testimonials unless it is a player or manager who has served in the same role for over a decade. I'll see what the weather is like and what else crops up but I have no plans to attend at the moment and if I did it would all be about that moment and not his full tenure which is not deserving of a testimonial imo. Will Daz get one next year if he is still here

Broken Gnome
11-10-2023, 01:15 PM
I can't make my mind up whether to go. Firstly he hasn't been here 10 years and wasn't a player for a huge amount of time. Secondly I don't really agree with testimonials unless it is a player or manager who has served in the same role for over a decade. I'll see what the weather is like and what else crops up but I have no plans to attend at the moment and if I did it would all be about that moment and not his full tenure which is not deserving of a testimonial imo. Will Daz get one next year if he is still here

I get that testimonials divide attention and some folk wouldn't dream of attending a run of the mill one, but I can't get on board at all questioning whether he deserves one.

It wasn't just the goal, his last ten minutes were near superhuman. If you want to make it about more than just that day, he's stepped in as manager to hold it together through countless shambles, captained us, scored several key goals...

We're also nitpicking over one year, as summer 2024 will mark ten years at the club. He retired without a proper send off as well, and never got one last ovation.

Folk probably right say the cup final has been and gone, but this marks a good last chance to draw a line under the whole thing bar the future 10/25 year anniversaries and what not. Any Hibs legend deserves a testimonial, and I really can't see why David Gray of all people would be begrudged one.

Potty78
11-10-2023, 01:43 PM

I done really agree with testimonials either but £10 for a guy who scored the most important goal in our history is nothing.

the_ginger_hibee
11-10-2023, 01:51 PM
I get that testimonials divide attention and some folk wouldn't dream of attending a run of the mill one, but I can't get on board at all questioning whether he deserves one.

It wasn't just the goal, his last ten minutes were near superhuman. If you want to make it about more than just that day, he's stepped in as manager to hold it together through countless shambles, captained us, scored several key goals...

We're also nitpicking over one year, as summer 2024 will mark ten years at the club. He retired without a proper send off as well, and never got one last ovation.

Folk probably right say the cup final has been and gone, but this marks a good last chance to draw a line under the whole thing bar the future 10/25 year anniversaries and what not. Any Hibs legend deserves a testimonial, and I really can't see why David Gray of all people would be begrudged one.

Ticket sales speak for themselves about interest in this one and what people think about the testimonial I'd say.

Similar level of interest in the Ian Murray one too which was the same in terms of not really fitting the typical testimonial.

Broken Gnome
11-10-2023, 01:56 PM
Ticket sales speak for themselves about interest in this one and what people think about the testimonial I'd say.

Similar level of interest in the Ian Murray one too which was the same in terms of not really fitting the typical testimonial.

If people want to compare the lasting effect that Ian Murray has made on Hibs to how David Gray's helped shape the club over the last decade, then I'd be as well sitting this one out.

Pretty Boy
11-10-2023, 02:04 PM
I won't be going to the game as I can't get any childcare. I did buy a ticket to be given away though and attended the dinner so feel I have done my bit.

I am quite surprised at the disinterest/apathy from most of my Hibs supporting mates though. Very few seem to have any interest at all and looking at the seating map it seems it's not an isolated viewpoint.

Hopefully there will be a late flurry in sales with people at a loss for something to do at the weekend. I do think it would have sold better had the game been on a Saturday. Sundays always seem a bit flatter even for competitive games.

the_ginger_hibee
11-10-2023, 02:05 PM
If people want to compare the lasting effect that Ian Murray has made on Hibs to how David Gray's helped shape the club over the last decade, then I'd be as well sitting this one out.

Is that what you took from my post? I was comparing the loose definition/eligibility of a testimonial in both Murray and Gray. Crowd size will be in the same ballpark too.

I was making no comment on either's time at Hibs.

Broken Gnome
11-10-2023, 02:09 PM
Is that what you took from my post? I was comparing the loose definition/eligibility of a testimonial in both Murray and Gray. Crowd size will be in the same ballpark too.

I was making no comment on either's time at Hibs.

That could've been construed by the similarly 'untypical testimonial' to be fair. Gray deserves whatever honour Hibs can realistically award him, Murray didn't.

Folk have their views, that's fine and realise the empty seats will go against what I'm arguing. I'm just genuinely taken back there's an undercurrent of 'how's David Gray getting a testimonial', and thought it would be akin to one last bit 2016 party.

Mon Dieu4
11-10-2023, 02:18 PM
I will end up going as I don't have anything else on this weekend, think a few of my pals are in the same boat, so should be a few more tickets sold as the week goes on

EHZERO7
11-10-2023, 02:19 PM
That could've been construed by the similarly 'untypical testimonial' to be fair. Gray deserves whatever honour Hibs can realistically award him, Murray didn't.

Folk have their views, that's fine and realise the empty seats will go against what I'm arguing. I'm just genuinely taken back there's an undercurrent of 'how's David Gray getting a testimonial', and thought it would be akin to one last bit 2016 party.

I’m with you in what you say but sadly it seems we are very much in the minority.
Hopefully people will turn out to thank him for that day.

Rumble de Thump
11-10-2023, 02:42 PM

This is his 10th season at Hibs.

SickBoy32
11-10-2023, 02:56 PM

Similar to yourself, I'm surprised / disappointed at the perceived lack of interest in this game - given what SDG has contributed to the club.

Understand folk have their reasons, but hoping the sales get a wee bump ahead of the match.

Looking forward to seeing a few of the cup final guys (pity about Stokes!) back at ER, shame it'll just be in front of a few thousand

B.H.F.C
11-10-2023, 04:08 PM
Not that there should really need to be there has been very, very little said about it. There’s probably a whole lot of folk don’t even realise it’s on. And the game itself seems a bit half arsed with not that many players involved.

Really hope there is a late push in sales. Won’t be nice if SDG walks out with on a couple of thousand in attendance.

Dmas
11-10-2023, 05:09 PM
I’m still swithering on it, when it was announced I thought it would be great thing to take my boy too as he loves Man U but there line up is scraping the barrel some what, I think there could have been better interest having his testimonial during the summer break but of a glamour friendly instead of squeezing it in the international break

Since452
11-10-2023, 05:12 PM
https://youtu.be/ZgUYlLCW0LE?si=GPXgNsz2CwuTNc_X

Can't help but always being really impressed listening to Darren Fletcher.

Mick O'Rourke
11-10-2023, 07:03 PM
I know the ticket office is open before regular home games.
Will it be open on Sunday before the Testimonial to purchase tickets for the game ?
I ask because a relative has decided at last minute to go with his son and asked me.

cheers
GGTTH

Broken Gnome
11-10-2023, 07:27 PM

I'm banging on about it now, but I just want us to look good and grateful as a support. Fletcher's talking about a great turnout and excitement about the game - just a bit sad that it's going to look underwhelming, or suggest that we're not appreciative.

I thought the Hanlon/Stevenson turnout was decent enough in the end, do we not even look like matching that?

marinello59
11-10-2023, 07:27 PM
Just had a look at the squads and I’m really looking forward to it. And a chance to thank SDG for that moment. :thumbsup:

ivan03
11-10-2023, 07:43 PM
Really disappointing sales with just 4 days until the match. I thought this would have went down well with David giving us the best moment in our lifetime as a Hibs fan and for what he’s done for the club in his 10 years.

Also very reasonable ticket pricing at just £10 and the fact it’s a game specially for the occasion, unlike Hanlon and Stevensons that were both friendlys for the first team. As Fletcher said it’s not easy getting players available to come take part but the Hibs team is pretty good and a few good United players too.

Fingers crossed there’s a big jump is sales over the next few days for a guy who deserves it.

wookie70
11-10-2023, 07:48 PM
This is his 10th season at Hibs. I know he has been here 9 years

erin go bragh
11-10-2023, 07:58 PM
Just had a look at the squads and I’m really looking forward to it. And a chance to thank SDG for that moment. :thumbsup:
Where are seeing them pal.
cannot see why the stadium isn't packed for this Legend.

3pm
11-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Spewing I can't make it. 😭

SteveHFC
11-10-2023, 08:10 PM
Where are seeing them pal.
cannot see why the stadium isn't packed for this Legend.

Manchester United XI:

Luke Steele
Danny Simpson
Phil Bardsley
Wes Brown
John Rankin
Alex Bruce
Adam Eckersley
Darron Gibson
Michael Stewart
Febian Brandy
Danny Drinkwater
Ravel Morrison
Danny Galbraith
Chris Eagles
Rod Thornley
Eddie Johnson
Darren Fletcher

Manager: Brian McClair

Hibernian XI:

Conrad Logan
David Gray
Darren McGregor
Efe Ambrose
Steven Whittaker
Marvin Bartley
Scott Brown
Fraser Fyvie
Liam Craig
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Grant Holt
James Keatings
Brian McLean

Player/Coach: Nick Montgomery

Not In The Know
11-10-2023, 08:13 PM
Manchester United XI:

Luke Steele
Danny Simpson
Phil Bardsley
Wes Brown
John Rankin
Alex Bruce
Adam Eckersley
Darron Gibson
Michael Stewart
Febian Brandy
Danny Drinkwater
Ravel Morrison
Danny Galbraith
Chris Eagles
Rod Thornley
Eddie Johnson
Darren Fletcher

Hibernian XI:

Conrad Logan
David Gray
Darren McGregor
Efe Ambrose
Steven Whittaker
Marvin Bartley
Scott Brown
Fraser Fyvie
Liam Craig
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Grant Holt
James Keatings
Brian McLean

We are winning that nae bother!

EdinMike
11-10-2023, 08:19 PM
John Rankin in the Man Utd squad puzzles me…

Daniel 1875
11-10-2023, 08:29 PM
Manchester United XI:

Luke Steele
Danny Simpson
Phil Bardsley
Wes Brown
John Rankin
Alex Bruce
Adam Eckersley
Darron Gibson
Michael Stewart
Febian Brandy
Danny Drinkwater
Ravel Morrison
Danny Galbraith
Chris Eagles
Rod Thornley
Eddie Johnson
Darren Fletcher

Hibernian XI:

Conrad Logan
David Gray
Darren McGregor
Efe Ambrose
Steven Whittaker
Marvin Bartley
Scott Brown
Fraser Fyvie
Liam Craig
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Grant Holt
James Keatings
Brian McLean

That Hibs squad alone is worth the tenner.

HoboHarry
11-10-2023, 08:33 PM
John Rankin in the Man Utd squad puzzles me…
Pretty sure he played for Man Utd at early in his career just like Michael Stewart though I don't think he played for the first team whilst Stewart did.

DaveF
11-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Manchester United XI:

Luke Steele
Danny Simpson
Phil Bardsley
Wes Brown
John Rankin
Alex Bruce
Adam Eckersley
Darron Gibson
Michael Stewart
Febian Brandy
Danny Drinkwater
Ravel Morrison
Danny Galbraith
Chris Eagles
Rod Thornley
Eddie Johnson
Darren Fletcher

Hibernian XI:

Conrad Logan
David Gray
Darren McGregor
Efe Ambrose
Steven Whittaker
Marvin Bartley
Scott Brown
Fraser Fyvie
Liam Craig
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Grant Holt
James Keatings
Brian McLean

I had no ideA of the Hibs squad. On seeing that I'm definitely getting a ticket (as I was dithering)

mcohibs
11-10-2023, 08:49 PM
That Hibs squad alone is worth the tenner.

Exactly! Folk not arsed to turn up for our cup winning goalscorer and captain is really odd, especially at that price. Plus the chance to see some other faces back at Easter Road, I’m looking forward to it.

USA_Hibee
11-10-2023, 08:55 PM
How are ticket sales?

Wish I could go but it's a little far sadly.

IanM
12-10-2023, 07:10 AM
Bump

4000 sold

DaveF
12-10-2023, 07:41 AM
4001 as just bought mine. Come on folks, get along and see some of those 2016 heroes 🇳🇬

Anthony Soprano
12-10-2023, 10:22 AM
If you are able to, you should really go. How can we get approx 200k on the streets for the parade but can barely fill a stand for the man who won the cup? Disappointing uptake so far but I expect a good few more sales between now and Sunday, walk ups etc.

If anyone deserves a testimonial its Davie Gray.

h1bs4life
12-10-2023, 12:20 PM
Manchester United XI:

Luke Steele
Danny Simpson
Phil Bardsley
Wes Brown
John Rankin
Alex Bruce
Adam Eckersley
Darron Gibson
Michael Stewart
Febian Brandy
Danny Drinkwater
Ravel Morrison
Danny Galbraith
Chris Eagles
Rod Thornley
Eddie Johnson
Darren Fletcher

Hibernian XI:

Conrad Logan
David Gray
Darren McGregor
Efe Ambrose
Steven Whittaker
Marvin Bartley
Scott Brown
Fraser Fyvie
Liam Craig
Danny Swanson
Scott Allan
Grant Holt
James Keatings
Brian McLean

Hopefully we will sell a few more before Sunday, wouldn’t have mattered who was playing would still be there
Looking forward to seeing what both teams can produce but especially looking forward to seeing SDG , big Conrad , Daz , Marv , Fyvie and Keatings all who played there part in the Scottish Cup run.

Itsnoteasy
12-10-2023, 12:39 PM
If you are able to, you should really go. How can we get approx 200k on the streets for the parade but can barely fill a stand for the man who won the cup? Disappointing uptake so far but I expect a good few more sales between now and Sunday, walk ups etc.

If anyone deserves a testimonial its Davie Gray.

You could say the same for not selling out the stadium every week, with the estimated 200000 that lined the streets.

overdrive
12-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Pretty sure he played for Man Utd at early in his career just like Michael Stewart though I don't think he played for the first team whilst Stewart did.

Interesting that of the players who "played" for both clubs there is one that has actually appeared for Man Utd's first team but didn't make an appearance for Hibs.

12-10-2023, 04:03 PM
Hopefully we will sell a few more before Sunday, wouldn’t have mattered who was playing would still be there
Looking forward to seeing what both teams can produce but especially looking forward to seeing SDG , big Conrad , Daz , Marv , Fyvie and Keatings all who played there part in the Scottish Cup run.

Plus 3 2007 League Cup winners in Whittaker, Brown and Michael Stewart.

Onion
12-10-2023, 04:43 PM
Bump

4000 sold

Shocking number. Hopefully, before Sunday, fans reflect back on that day, the immense performance of David Gray and what it all meant to them and the whole Hibs family and that they choose to go last minute. SDG deserves his day in the sun for that one performance alone.

04Sauzee
12-10-2023, 04:53 PM
Bump

4000 sold

Bought 3 this afternoon. Still think it will pick up a bit , hopefully those who can make it will turn up to support a guy who was key in winning us the cup and giving many of us our best ever day outwith the birth of children etc and ruined Hearts song book.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2023, 04:55 PM
Bought 3 this afternoon. Still think it will pick up a bit , hopefully those who can make it will turn up to support a guy who was key in winning us the cup and giving many of us our best ever day outwith the birth of children etc and ruined Hearts song book.

Indeed, it's a tad odd.

Rumble de Thump
12-10-2023, 05:04 PM
I know he has been here 9 years

So, this being his 10th season and testimonial year, is why it's happening. Although he's not been a player in all that time, he's been a cup winning captain, coach, and caretaker manager three times. It's a lot more than most people who get testimonials have done. Anyway, the tickets are pretty cheap and it should be a good day out. I'm sure everyone who goes along will have a great time.

cabbageandribs1875
12-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Thanks a lot everyone for the support with tickets sorry not replied to everyone individually yet but I will, been away for a couple of days.
Robbie

i'm about to donate two but unfortunately to use that digital thing i have to have either Google pay or Apple wallet, neither of which i am interested in signing up for, not even as a one-off

is their another way to even donate the £20 to you, paypal maybe ? i'd rather two folk could go to the game instead of just a donation

wookie70
12-10-2023, 06:46 PM
So, this being his 10th season and testimonial year, is why it's happening. Although he's not been a player in all that time, he's been a cup winning captain, coach, and caretaker manager three times. It's a lot more than most people who get testimonials have done. Anyway, the tickets are pretty cheap and it should be a good day out. I'm sure everyone who goes along will have a great time.

I hope and presume he will be here next year. Testimonial typically take place after 10 years at a club. Lewis and Paul both waited the 10 years it just seems odd that SDG is having a mid season testimonial before it would be traditionally held.

Tambo
12-10-2023, 07:06 PM

That was a good watch 👍 interesting on the fish comments, maybe we can get a few more players in the future from United.

Tambo
12-10-2023, 07:08 PM
I understand some people can't make it but if you can please go along for SDG.

As many have said he scored the winner in a Scottish final for Hibs, I never thought I would see the day never mind with my father.

linlithgowhibbie
12-10-2023, 09:37 PM
Three more bought tonight!:thumbsup:

Unseen work
13-10-2023, 12:24 AM
I think it’s a good selection of players for both teams

United have some big names in their team and those that have played at a really high level.

The Hibs team is brilliant too and contains a lot of favourites!

I also look forward to seeing Ravel Morrison as I fully expect us to sign him after he rips it up 🤣

tricky
13-10-2023, 07:41 AM
i'm about to donate two but unfortunately to use that digital thing i have to have either Google pay or Apple wallet, neither of which i am interested in signing up for, not even as a one-off

is their another way to even donate the £20 to you, paypal maybe ? i'd rather two folk could go to the game instead of just a donation

Should be able to send print at home tickets without apple wallet etc?

He's here!
13-10-2023, 07:47 AM

Absolutely. He's given his all for Hibs, has been a wonderful ambassador for the club and deserves this recognition IMO. Surprised anyone's quibbling about it.

With fans left kicking their heels by the international break it's also a great opportunity for a well-priced family day out at the football.

EHZERO7
13-10-2023, 08:01 AM
Absolutely. He's given his all for Hibs, has been a wonderful ambassador for the club and deserves this recognition IMO. Surprised anyone's quibbling about it.

With fans left kicking their heels by the international break it's also a great opportunity for a well-priced family day out at the football.
100% 👍🇳🇬💚

S4uzee
13-10-2023, 08:12 AM
It’s surprising as if a player ever deserved a sell out it’s SDG

Jones28
13-10-2023, 08:16 AM
It will my sons first game and my daughters second so I for one am really looking forward to it.

LaMotta
13-10-2023, 09:48 AM
Just bought 4 tickets in the east!

Frazerbob
13-10-2023, 10:34 AM
I’ll be going but haven’t bought my ticket yet. Most of my crowd, who would all normally go to this, are away for the Scotland double header.

Blaster
13-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Yeah can’t make it either as away on holiday from tomorrow. Hopefully gets a decent crowd

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2023, 11:32 AM
SDG on the Hibees Buzz.
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/david-gray-on-the-hibee-buzz-1

Hibby Gav
13-10-2023, 03:59 PM
SDG on the Hibees Buzz.

great insight to our Cup winning Captain…

looking forward to Sunday :not worth:flag:

Donegal Hibby
13-10-2023, 04:05 PM
great insight to our Cup winning Captain…

looking forward to Sunday :not worth:flag:

SDG spoke very well ,seems a really humble guy too . Not that I'm in any rush for Monty to go though I think SDG could very well be a good choice to take over from Monty .

Northernhibee
13-10-2023, 04:38 PM
SDG spoke very well ,seems a really humble guy too . Not that I'm in any rush for Monty to go though I think SDG could very well be a good choice to take over from Monty .

Would be my first pick.

cabbageandribs1875
13-10-2023, 06:53 PM
Should be able to send print at home tickets without apple wallet etc?

just e-mailed the PDF mate, two adult tickets section 38

hopefully :rolleyes:

DaveF
13-10-2023, 07:30 PM
SDG on the Hibees Buzz.

A great watch. I'll never, ever tire of listening to him talk about that goal. Was fortunate enough to be at HTC not long after the cup win for a .net Q and A with SDG and McGregor and was totally starstruck.

Onion
13-10-2023, 07:56 PM
From BBC ......

“It was the greatest moment of my football career if not my life. I remember I was breathing heavily at that point. I was absolutely knackered because I’d done a bit of pressing just before it.

“It was the 91st minute, we won the ball back for a throw-in at half way, threw it quickly so we broke and then I remember thinking ‘can you get up for this corner here?’
“But I do remember vividly walking up and setting it up because we had talked about how big an opportunity set pieces were. Rangers had lost a lot of goals and we had boys that were willing to go and put their head on it.
“With Hendo just coming on and his delivery, as soon as the ball left Hendo’s foot I knew I was getting it. It took quite a bit of time to come in but when I watch it back. I actually think they should do better. I don’t think I should get it. The defender should clear it. But as soon as I got my head on it I knew the contact was good and that I had scored.
“From there I think I did six celebrations in one! I just ran away and the thing I do remember is referee Steven McLean apologising to me and saying ‘sorry I need to book you’.
“I was like, ‘no problem!’ You can see I don’t really know what I’m doing. I remember looking at the advertising board thinking ‘I’m not getting over that’ so I kept running to a gap in the corner. I was like a horse out the stable!
“I saw someone in the crowd and just ran to them. I don’t know why. I had never scored a goal since I went to Hibs so I hadn’t thought about what I was going to do. I never touched the ball again in the game. I’ll be forever grateful for the opportunity to be part of that occasion.”

I remember Hibs fans hopefully holding up a "Time for Heroes" banner before kick off.

David Gray heard the call and became that Hero.

Get along to Easter Road on Sunday. It's pay back time.

tricky
13-10-2023, 08:07 PM
just e-mailed the PDF mate, two adult tickets section 38
hopefully :rolleyes:

Hi mate

Can’t see any emails tonight?
Robbie

tricky
13-10-2023, 08:09 PM
Great response to ticket appeal, 130 tickets distributed so far, could still use another 10 or so if anyone feels like contributing, thanks everyone
GGTTH
We were there 21.05.16

hibbydog
14-10-2023, 07:03 AM
From BBC ......

“It was the greatest moment of my football career if not my life. I remember I was breathing heavily at that point. I was absolutely knackered because I’d done a bit of pressing just before it.

“It was the 91st minute, we won the ball back for a throw-in at half way, threw it quickly so we broke and then I remember thinking ‘can you get up for this corner here?’
“But I do remember vividly walking up and setting it up because we had talked about how big an opportunity set pieces were. Rangers had lost a lot of goals and we had boys that were willing to go and put their head on it.
“With Hendo just coming on and his delivery, as soon as the ball left Hendo’s foot I knew I was getting it. It took quite a bit of time to come in but when I watch it back. I actually think they should do better. I don’t think I should get it. The defender should clear it. But as soon as I got my head on it I knew the contact was good and that I had scored.
“From there I think I did six celebrations in one! I just ran away and the thing I do remember is referee Steven McLean apologising to me and saying ‘sorry I need to book you’.
“I was like, ‘no problem!’ You can see I don’t really know what I’m doing. I remember looking at the advertising board thinking ‘I’m not getting over that’ so I kept running to a gap in the corner. I was like a horse out the stable!
“I saw someone in the crowd and just ran to them. I don’t know why. I had never scored a goal since I went to Hibs so I hadn’t thought about what I was going to do. I never touched the ball again in the game. I’ll be forever grateful for the opportunity to be part of that occasion.”

I remember Hibs fans hopefully holding up a "Time for Heroes" banner before kick off.

Currently jumping around the living room having just read that.

Brilliant

Stuart93
14-10-2023, 07:08 AM
From BBC ......

Wait, he had scored for us before that goal had he not?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-10-2023, 07:34 AM

I found that a bit strange too, how did he forget his strike to open the scoring in the 4-0 v the same opposition? 🤔

B.H.F.C
14-10-2023, 07:36 AM

I think what is printed in that article is wrong. They’ve copied it from the Hibee Buzz interview and what he actually said was that he hasn’t scored a goal before he signed for Hibs. They actually spent time speaking about his goal at Ibrox.

Since452
14-10-2023, 07:42 AM
From BBC ......

Hard to read that without getting emotional...again. What a moment in time. Don't think I'll ever stop feeling that way about it.

Jones28
14-10-2023, 07:54 AM

Yeah he had. They’ve copied it clumsily but his first career goal was at Hibs - I think it was the one against Rangers in the 4-0 at Christmas time.

Hibstrooper
14-10-2023, 08:18 AM
I take it you will be able to buy tickets on the day? I’ve got 7 coming but not got tickets yet

EHZERO7
14-10-2023, 08:43 AM
Yeah he had. They’ve copied it clumsily but his first career goal was at Hibs - I think it was the one against Rangers in the 4-0 at Christmas time.

First competitive Hibs goal was at Ibrox 😉🇳🇬

Ringothedog
14-10-2023, 08:50 AM
I take it you will be able to buy tickets on the day? I’ve got 7 coming but not got tickets yet

Yes, at the ticket office

BILLYHIBS
14-10-2023, 08:52 AM
Got mine looking forward to it

It was the very least I could do

https://i.ibb.co/6Xd0nMq/IMG-2139.png (https://ibb.co/z6kVnMt)

Hibstrooper
14-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Yes, at the ticket office

Cheers

LewysGot2
14-10-2023, 10:41 AM
Hate international weekends. So glad got this tomorrow to look forward too.

Tambo
14-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Nice one Monty for accepting the invitation from SDG to put on the Hibs shirt Sunday.

Glad to see the previous posts with people picking up tickets.

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-10-2023, 02:39 PM
Not got a ticket yet but I’ll be going.

Hopefully people make the effort to go along. If you can’t make it and can afford it you could still buy a ticket in support.

cabbageandribs1875
14-10-2023, 03:36 PM
Hi mate

Can’t see any emails tonight?
Robbie

is it
[email protected] :dunno: nothing bounced back, just checked and the pdf attachment was included