PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home Melkersen

aberhibsfc
01-06-2023, 09:54 PM
Sorry things didn't pan out at Sparta, but tbh, I'm glad. I want Elias to get back to ER and deliver what I think he is capable of.

Lago
01-06-2023, 09:57 PM
:aok:
Sorry things didn't pan out at Sparta, but tbh, I'm glad. I want Elias to get back to ER and deliver what I think he is capable of.

California-Hibs
01-06-2023, 10:15 PM
Would love it to work out, but sadly almost certain the guy will be like he's shown all along, no where near good enough and punted back out on loan again.

hibee-boys
01-06-2023, 10:23 PM
Should’ve been loaned out to a level where he would’ve played more regularly. The laddie has hardly kicked a ball in a competitive game for a year🙈

McGruber
01-06-2023, 10:29 PM
He has ability no doubting that, really needs to happen for him next year though

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 11:05 PM
Someone said he played 7 minutes of competitive football on loan. That could set him back massively in his progression. A horrendous loan spell for us.

easty
01-06-2023, 11:10 PM
He should be sent out on loan to the championship next season.

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 11:11 PM

Scottish or English?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-06-2023, 11:30 PM
Would love it to work out, but sadly almost certain the guy will be like he's shown all along, no where near good enough and punted back out on loan again.

So the Americans seeming unbounded optimism hasn’t rubbed off ?

Baader
01-06-2023, 11:32 PM
Would've gotten more game time staying with us. Baffling loan really. The boy needs games but not exactly sure they'll be with us as it stands. The £1M option to buy was pie in the sky.

Donegal Hibby
01-06-2023, 11:57 PM
I agree , he's a young player who needs game time and a move to the championship would give him more experience of the Scottish game and help in his development .

Greencore
02-06-2023, 12:02 AM
Could see him on loan at dundee united

King Cosell
02-06-2023, 12:15 AM

At Melkersen's age, Kevin Nisbet was released by Partick Thistle after loan spells with Ayr Utd & Dumbarton, Lawrence Shankland was released by Aberdeen after loan spells with Dunfermline, St Mirren & Morton. Time is on his side.

Donegal Hibby
02-06-2023, 12:17 AM
Could see him on loan at dundee united
I think if Dundee Utd would give him some game time they would be a perfect fit for him tbh , especially if they keep fletcher who I could see helping him a lot .

California-Hibs
02-06-2023, 03:54 AM
So the Americans seeming unbounded optimism hasn’t rubbed off ?

Quite the contrary, in many ways their unbounded optimism at times annoys me to the point where I moan just for the sheer sake of it so I can feel closer to home and a sense of normal haha

Stokesy's on fire
02-06-2023, 05:12 AM
A loan deal at a club like Inverness would be ideal

Since452
02-06-2023, 05:53 AM
Dunfermline or Dundee United would be a great loan move for him. He'd learn a lot from Fletcher. A bit like O'Connor learning from big Craig Brewster.

DH1875
02-06-2023, 07:34 AM
Partick Thistle will be looking for players. Send him on loan to them.

I'm_cabbaged
02-06-2023, 07:37 AM
There’s a player in there, keep him.

DIXIHIBS
02-06-2023, 08:05 AM
I think if Dundee Utd would give him some game time they would be a perfect fit for him tbh , especially if they keep fletcher who I could see helping him a lot .

Maybe a swap deal.....

My old man
02-06-2023, 08:12 AM
There’s a player in there, keep him.

I agree also see something in Mckirdy
What is it we Hibees say
Persevere?

GreenNWhiteArmy
02-06-2023, 08:31 AM
Hopefully he'll benefit from playing alongside Boyle and Youan rather than Jasper/Mueller or Doidge

High hopes still for Melk

Scooter
02-06-2023, 08:33 AM
Still think he can be a really good player for us. I hope he gets the chance

Greenbeard
02-06-2023, 08:37 AM
For me he's got the attributes to make a decent go of it with Hibs but he has to show more desire and self-confidence, whereas McKirdy shows desire and has all the self-confidence but I'm not convinced he has the attributes.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Hopefully he'll benefit from playing alongside Boyle and Youan rather than Jasper/Mueller or Doidge

He got to play with those types of guys 17 times this season and was desperately poor.

At this point in time he’s nowhere near good enough imo.

The Modfather
02-06-2023, 08:42 AM
We’ve badly managed Melkerson. We signed him 18 months ago and he’s just as raw and played little to no football in that time. Loan him somewhere he will be guaranteed football or if we can sell him we should do so. One that we might regret but after 18 months we’re still at least 12 months away from him being able to contribute in the first team. 2 1/2 years before we potentially see a return for whatever the fee we paid is terrible business.

Bronson
02-06-2023, 08:43 AM
I admire the optimism but i hope we just move him on. Not good enough

CapitalGreen
02-06-2023, 08:46 AM
At Melkersen's age, Kevin Nisbet was released by Partick Thistle after loan spells with Ayr Utd & Dumbarton, Lawrence Shankland was released by Aberdeen after loan spells with Dunfermline, St Mirren & Morton. Time is on his side.

The season they turned 20:

Kyogo was playing for his University football team.
Colak was playing in the Bavarian regional league.
Sakala was playing in the Zambian leagues.
Van Veen was playing amateur football in the Dutch 5th tier.
Duk had only made 1 appearance for Benfica B.
Josh Ginnelly played 13 games on loan at Lincoln in the 5th tier, 0 goals.
Miovski had only scored 6 goals in his professional career.

easty
02-06-2023, 08:56 AM
I’m not ready to write him off, but he shouldn’t be in our first team plans for the start of the season.

A loan where he plays regularly is massively important. If we can get him into a championship team where he’s playing every week then if he’s performing well enough bring him back in January.

Big season though. We cannae waste another season with him away loan where he barely kicks a ball.

CapitalGreen
02-06-2023, 08:57 AM
He got to play with those types of guys 17 times this season and was desperately poor.

At this point in time he’s nowhere near good enough imo.

17 games that sounds loads.

In reality he was on the pitch together with Boyle for 43 minutes. He was on the pitch together with Youan for 258 minutes during a time when Youan wasn’t very good.

He spent 0 minutes on the pitch at the same time as both Boyle and Youan.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2023, 08:58 AM
The season they turned 20:

Kyogo was playing for his University football team.
Colak was playing in the Bavarian regional league.
Sakala was playing in the Zambian leagues.
Van Veen was playing amateur football in the Dutch 5th tier.
Duk had only made 1 appearance for Benfica B.
Josh Ginnelly played 13 games on loan at Lincoln in the 5th tier, 0 goals.
Miovski had only scored 6 goals in his professional career.

James Collins had scored 7 in 20 in EFL League Two
Rowan Vine had scored 25 in 100 in what is now EFL League One
Jason Cummings had scored 47 goals for us

There’s examples both ways. The key thing is here that we’ve all watched Melkersen deliver pretty much nothing for Hibs, a much more important factor than how a bunch of other guys that are completely unrelated to Melkersen had done by that age.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2023, 09:00 AM
17 games that sounds loads.

In reality he was on the pitch together with Boyle for 43 minutes. He was on the pitch together with Youan for 258 minutes during a time when Youan wasn’t very good.

He spent 0 minutes on the pitch at the same time as both Boyle and Youan.

And the question people always fail to answer when they make this point is why? Why is that the amount of minutes he had?

The answer? Because he was nowhere near good enough to deserve more. Not getting the minutes seems to have become a cop out for not playing to the required level when you do get your chance, a bit like the cries for McKirdy to only be judged when he gets a run of starts despite the fact he is nowhere near deserving of that.

At this point in time he is absolutely miles off our first team.

The_Sauz
02-06-2023, 09:04 AM
James Collins had scored 7 in 20 in EFL League Two
Rowan Vine had scored 25 in 100 in what is now EFL League One
Jason Cummings had scored 47 goals for us

There’s examples both ways. The key thing is here that we’ve all watched Melkersen deliver pretty much nothing for Hibs, a much more important factor than how a bunch of other guys that are completely unrelated to Melkersen had done by that age.
Most of them was in the championship.

Since452
02-06-2023, 09:06 AM

Good point.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2023, 09:07 AM

They were. He also had 8 in 18 in cups though.

Put it this way, I’ve no faith that Melkersen would have had those kind of numbers playing in the league Cummings was. None whatsoever.

Bushwoof
02-06-2023, 09:21 AM
Hopefully he'll have had some good training at Sparta and picked up some useful skills from whoever is there. I think he has the potential to come good.

easty
02-06-2023, 09:28 AM

A young guy scoring goals in the championship is a great achievement to be fair.

Cummings at 19 year old got 21 goals in his first full season at Hibs, so what if it was in the Championship? Scored 4 of those v Rangers, 2 v Hearts. Averaged a goal every 2 games. If there was a 19 year old doing that in the Scottish Championship now I'd be hoping we had him signed up!

I'm Spartacus
02-06-2023, 09:37 AM
Oh dear, folk claiming they see a player.

He needs to move on and free up a wage, we signed this guy because he holds the same passport as Haaland (I know he was born in Leeds btw).

Since452
02-06-2023, 09:53 AM

He needs to move on and free up a wage, we signed this guy because he holds the same passport as Haaland (I know he was born in Leeds btw).

He's only 20 i think. Can't see him being on a big wage. I don't think he's anywhere near ready for our first team yet but he has time on his side. Definitely needs to be loaned out, preferably to the Championship.

HendoDelivered
02-06-2023, 10:07 AM
Boy clearly had talent just needs nurtured. I’d give him a run in pre season see what he’s offering snd if he still looks off it, 6/12 month loan to a bottom six club or top end scottish champ side. He will come good I reckon.

I’m sticking my neck out with this one and saying exact same scenario with Tavares.

Donegal Hibby
02-06-2023, 10:27 AM

I think there is a player there and i wouldn't be in a rush to get rid of him yet especially when we have older player's in our squad that I think would be better moved on to free up wages .

The loan to Sparta didn't help in his development and if we could get him a loan move to a decent championship side like a Dundee Utd or Inverness for a year it just might be beneficial to him . He's only 20 and he's one we could certainly give more time too imo.

1875Sean
02-06-2023, 11:24 AM
Was there not a quote from him when he joined Sparta something along the lines of youngsters get a chance here, sounded a bit bitter towards Hibs, wonder how he feels how after zero starts

superfurryhibby
02-06-2023, 11:34 AM
A young guy scoring goals in the championship is a great achievement to be fair.

Cummings at 19 year old got 21 goals in his first full season at Hibs, so what if it was in the Championship? Scored 4 of those v Rangers, 2 v Hearts. Averaged a goal every 2 games. If there was a 19 year old doing that in the Scottish Championship now I'd be hoping we had him signed up!

It's hard to compare players, but worth mentioning that Cummings scored 2 in 18 appearances in his first season at Hibs. He was younger and playing in a side that would be relegated.

Melkersen at the same age scored 19 in 29 appearances in the Norway's second tier.

I think he's got talent and can come good. I would rather he stayed at Hibs and was given the chance to compete for a place this coming season.

eastmainsmsh
02-06-2023, 11:46 AM
To be honest i thought Motherwell game was marker For Elias and hasnt kicked on from there albeit injury and form sure he can come good 👍

Since452
02-06-2023, 12:03 PM
As somebody else said, I'm more confident Melkersen will improve under LJ than Maloney with players like Jasper and Mueller along side him.

stuart-farquhar
02-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Quite the contrary, in many ways their unbounded optimism at times annoys me to the point where I moan just for the sheer sake of it so I can feel closer to home and a sense of normal haha

Indeed. When out and about I've started replying 'not bad' or ' worse days' , to the ubiquitous 'How are you today'

SickBoy32
02-06-2023, 12:24 PM
It's hard to compare players, but worth mentioning that Cummings scored 2 in 18 appearances in his first season at Hibs. He was younger and playing in a side that would be relegated.

Melkersen at the same age scored 19 in 29 appearances in the Norway's second tier.

I think he's got talent and can come good. I would rather he stayed at Hibs and was given the chance to compete for a place this coming season.

To be honest, I can't imagine the standard of the Norwegian 2nd division to be anything to write home about - maybe comparable to Scottish League 1.

Scottish league is ranked 9th best in Europe, vs Norway sitting at 16th. Appreciate that the OF will heavily influence the Scottish ranking, however - the big clubs (Rosenborg, Molde) in Norway are not of a similar standard. By extension, I think it's reasonable to say that their entire league standard is weaker.

Like others, I think a loan to the Scottish Championship - to any team who will be able to guarantee Melkersen a starting position - should be the chosen option. If he fails to do the business there, probably time to get rid next summer

Unseen work
02-06-2023, 12:41 PM
I think he has lots of really good attributes

Good touch, good turn on the ball, shows good skill etc. Pretty solid for his age and has decent pace without being rapid.

But he’s not a winger and hasn’t showed enough to be a lone striker - probably due to his age and size more than anything.

He also has rarely showing what his shooting is like, I can rarely think of an occasion I’ve thought “great hit” or he’s unlucky there when he’s hit a shot. Mainly struggles to get in that position and when he has not been quite sharp enough to create a yard for a shot.

I still have confidence he can do well in this league.

Look at Bruce Anderson at Livi for example, does well for them through playing games. At Melkersen got that game time at Livi or another SPFL team through the middle I’d expect him to get double figures.

The issue at Hibs is we have Nisbet up top who will always start, and even when he goes we’ll look to replace him with close to similar quality.

Hopefully Melkersen starts showing off the bench and the chances he gets from the quality he has

Stuart93
02-06-2023, 12:41 PM
The loan was bizarre when it happened and just as bizarre now that it’s finished

Smartie
02-06-2023, 12:52 PM
I can’t help thinking that any chance he might have had of being a good player will have been seriously hampered by joining Hibs.

Personally I don’t think he’s nearly ready to be contributing regularly for Hibs and his next few career decisions are going to need to be a bit wiser than his last few if he’s to turn it around.

One good game against Motherwell and the occasional flash of something isn’t enough.

allezsauzee
02-06-2023, 01:03 PM
The lad signed for us just after he turned 19 with only a little experience of playing 2nd tier football in his own country, was thrown into the first team due to injuries and the sale of Boyle when the team's form was very poor without a chance to even settle into a foreign country. He then gets put on loan for a season to Sparta where he was clearly unlikely to be starting. I don't think we've managed this lad very well so far. If the manager doesn't fancy him and wants to free up the wages then fair enough but I think there's a good player there if we are patient.

Stubbsy90+2
02-06-2023, 01:54 PM
The lad signed for us just after he turned 19 with only a little experience of playing 2nd tier football in his own country, was thrown into the first team due to injuries and the sale of Boyle when the team's form was very poor without a chance to even settle into a foreign country. He then gets put on loan for a season to Sparta where he was clearly unlikely to be starting. I don't think we've managed this lad very well so far. If the manager doesn't fancy him and wants to free up the wages then fair enough but I think there's a good player there if we are patient.

He had half of this season here as well where he again done very little.

Jones28
02-06-2023, 02:07 PM
Clean slate, really want the lad to do well here, and show that we can and will nurture young talent.

CentreForward
02-06-2023, 02:11 PM
Would far rather have him than McKirdy but he has to be played through the middle and not out wide. He may never make it with us but still think he is worth persevering with for a while.

Donegal Hibby
02-06-2023, 03:15 PM
To be honest i thought Motherwell game was marker For Elias and hasnt kicked on from there albeit injury and form sure he can come good 👍
The two goals he got in the Motherwell game were excellent , first one his efforts to keep on side and movement was excellent . The 2nd one was just a clinical finish that most strikers would be proud of . Still think the lad has the makings of a good player .

superfurryhibby
02-06-2023, 04:33 PM
To be honest, I can't imagine the standard of the Norwegian 2nd division to be anything to write home about - maybe comparable to Scottish League 1.

Scottish league is ranked 9th best in Europe, vs Norway sitting at 16th. Appreciate that the OF will heavily influence the Scottish ranking, however - the big clubs (Rosenborg, Molde) in Norway are not of a similar standard. By extension, I think it's reasonable to say that their entire league standard is weaker.

Like others, I think a loan to the Scottish Championship - to any team who will be able to guarantee Melkersen a starting position - should be the chosen option. If he fails to do the business there, probably time to get rid next summer

It's a moot point, the standards of our leagues v other nations, but possibly so. We seem to have quite a few full time professional sides in our lower leagues, probably more than most nations of our size. He needs to be playing regularly, definitely, I'd like it to be at Hibs though. There's a golden opportunity with Nisbet going. Maybe I'm placing too many hopes in a good 90 mins v Motherwell (v 10 men for a long period etc).

JohnM1875
02-06-2023, 04:50 PM
Really hope it works out at Hibs for him. Though a season without first team football can't have helped his development any.

Hopefully assess him during pre-season and if we don't think he's ready then a smart loan move somewhere he's likely to feature a lot.

Bridge hibs
02-06-2023, 05:00 PM
It's a moot point, the standards of our leagues v other nations, but possibly so. We seem to have quite a few full time professional sides in our lower leagues, probably more than most nations of our size. He needs to be playing regularly, definitely, I'd like it to be at Hibs though. There's a golden opportunity with Nisbet going. Maybe I'm placing too many hopes in a good 90 mins v Motherwell (v 10 men for a long period etc).
Motherwell with 10 men, you can only piss with the cock you have, pisses me off how many times this is used to diss his goals v Motherwell, they were both well taken goals that Motherwell had to defend against, give the lad some credit ffs, he still had to put those chances away

Smartie
02-06-2023, 05:08 PM
Motherwell with 10 men, you can only piss with the cock you have, pisses me off how many times this is used to diss his goals v Motherwell, they were both well taken goals that Motherwell had to defend against, give the lad some credit ffs, he still had to put those chances away

His excellent performance against Motherwell should be acknowledged and appreciated, however it should also be noted that it's the only time he's ever really looked the part for us.

Hibees1973
02-06-2023, 05:47 PM
Should’ve been loaned out to a level where he would’ve played more regularly. The laddie has hardly kicked a ball in a competitive game for a year🙈

Indeed. What was the strategy/plan when he was signed.

A fee of £400k was mentioned when he was signed and let's face it what is he worth now. Seems a likeable lad but you do wonder his state on mind on how his career in the last 18 months has gone.

Maybe time back home in Norway in the summer will do him good but it will be interesting what happens when he comes back.

Unlike many of our signings he did show some promise but I remember his performance one night at ER against Ross Co when we got beat 2-0. One of the low points in the season. That night he tried all kind of flicks to link play but absolutely nothing came off. Looked a wee boy lost and was eventually subbed. It must be said that night was lamentable and no one in a Hibs jersey performed.

It's going to take a huge turnaround in his fortunes to become a 1st team player at Hibs. It must be said we have not managed his career too well in pumping him off to The Netherlands to get very few minutes any it's very unlikely he's come back a better player.

As I've said he is likeable, unlike one of our other forwards. But my gut feeling is he won't be around much longer after the summer.

cameronw-hfc
02-06-2023, 09:40 PM
Indeed. What was the strategy/plan when he was signed.

A fee of £400k was mentioned when he was signed and let's face it what is he worth now. Seems a likeable lad but you do wonder his state on mind on how his career in the last 18 months has gone.

Maybe time back home in Norway in the summer will do him good but it will be interesting what happens when he comes back.

Unlike many of our signings he did show some promise but I remember his performance one night at ER against Ross Co when we got beat 2-0. One of the low points in the season. That night he tried all kind of flicks to link play but absolutely nothing came off. Looked a wee boy lost and was eventually subbed. It must be said that night was lamentable and no one in a Hibs jersey performed.

It's going to take a huge turnaround in his fortunes to become a 1st team player at Hibs. It must be said we have not managed his career too well in pumping him off to The Netherlands to get very few minutes any it's very unlikely he's come back a better player.

As I've said he is likeable, unlike one of our other forwards. But my gut feeling is he won't be around much longer after the summer.

He was nowhere near 400k. Less than Half that

hibee-boys
03-06-2023, 07:48 AM
He generated me £300 from a correct score and first scorer against Motherwell so for that alone he’ll always be my favourite Hibs player😎😂

J-C
03-06-2023, 08:20 AM
Melkersen was thrown to the lions, expected to suddenly mature in a very boring average to poor side. He needed a loan to the championship to get minutes and help his development, punted to Netherlands has just stunted his growth and poor management from our club.

Allant1981
03-06-2023, 08:25 AM
He was nowhere near 400k. Less than Half that

Was reported by various newspapers at the time that it was over £300k

Heisenberg
03-06-2023, 08:25 AM
Melkersen was thrown to the lions, expected to suddenly mature in a very boring average to poor side. He needed a loan to the championship to get minutes and help his development, punted to Netherlands has just stunted his growth and poor management from our club.

It really was a crazy move for him. Not a clue why we expected him to get game time when going to a better league and to a team already performing pretty well. The ideal move was to a team lower down in our own league or the championship.

Scooter
03-06-2023, 08:35 AM
I wonder if this was more to do with him? Maybe he thought he is better than he is and wasn't prepared to work or even drop down for game time, case in his head he was "too good".

I'm sure LJ said something is the press recently about him maybe appreciating time minuets he got here now

SON OF PADDY
03-06-2023, 08:37 AM
Clean slate, really want the lad to do well here, and show that we can and will nurture young talent.

This 💯%

Stubbsy90+2
03-06-2023, 10:45 AM
It really was a crazy move for him. Not a clue why we expected him to get game time when going to a better league and to a team already performing pretty well. The ideal move was to a team lower down in our own league or the championship.

:agree:

Desperately needed minutes and preferably minutes playing in the league/country he needed to adapt to.

Going to a much more technical league where the football played is completely different to here to a team that is miles better than the team he couldn’t come close to getting a start for made absolutely no sense.

Smartie
03-06-2023, 11:02 AM

Desperately needed minutes and preferably minutes playing in the league/country he needed to adapt to.

Going to a much more technical league where the football played is completely different to here to a team that is miles better than the team he couldn’t come close to getting a start for made absolutely no sense.

It only made sense in terms of (presumably) freeing up a wage (or part of a wage) that was needed elsewhere and we couldn’t fund it through any other means.

It was clearly done with the development of a player we obviously bought thinking they had a lot of potential at the bottom of the list of priorities.

eastmainsmsh
03-06-2023, 11:03 AM
£425000 seemingly for Melkerson

Billy Whizz
03-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Worth a wee read. Maloney saying he’s a long term prospect, maybe thrown in too early

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/shaun-maloney-provides-update-on-elias-melkerson

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/melkerson-confirmed-as-hibs-outline-plan-for-exciting-attacking-talent-3515880

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-complete-elias-melkersen-deal-25860981?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Express saying the fee was £330,000

Wasn’t the greatest window!

Pete70
03-06-2023, 11:27 AM
So the fact that so many sources are quoting different figures actually means no one actually knows for certain. 🤷

Diclonius
03-06-2023, 11:48 AM
It's MELKERSO- wait nvm

worcesterhibby
03-06-2023, 03:39 PM
Melkerson has every chance if coming good, the doom and gloomers saying hes useless need to lighten up.

HendoDelivered
03-06-2023, 03:49 PM
LJ on Elias. Sorry if posted already! https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-striker-facing-key-decision-on-future-as-lee-johnson-discusses-two-options-4163906

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2023, 06:37 PM

Decent shout

cabbageandribs1875
04-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Norwegian starlet Elias Melkersen has penned a bumper four-and-a-half year deal with Hibs (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) to become the first signing of the Shaun Maloney era.
The 19-year-old arrives on a £325,000 deal from FK Bodø/Glimt after catching the eye of Easter Road scouts while on loan at Ranheim.

JammyDoidger
04-06-2023, 06:45 PM
Was mental to send him on loan there in the first place, reeks of just wanting a wage off the books rather than the players best interests..much better to send him on loan to someone in Scotland or even English lower leagues.

Since452
04-06-2023, 06:47 PM
Norwegian starlet Elias Melkersen has penned a bumper four-and-a-half year deal with Hibs (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/all-about/hibernian-fc) to become the first signing of the Shaun Maloney era.
The 19-year-old arrives on a £325,000 deal from FK Bodø/Glimt after catching the eye of Easter Road scouts while on loan at Ranheim.

Jeezy peeps

PHeffernan
04-06-2023, 07:02 PM
Melkerson has every chance if coming good, the doom and gloomers saying hes useless need to lighten up.

What about Melkersen?

worcesterhibby
04-06-2023, 07:23 PM
What about Melkersen? are we really having a go at each other on here about spelling errors? Lighten up.

Diclonius
04-06-2023, 07:32 PM
are we really having a go at each other on here about spelling errors? Lighten up.

He's been here a year and a half and loads of people outright refuse to even bother how to learn to spell his surname. It's not great.

JohnM1875
04-06-2023, 07:39 PM
He's been here a year and a half and loads of people outright refuse to even bother how to learn to spell his surname. It's not great.

It's petty as ****. Every single person knows who folk mean. Do we have a player with a similar name? my surnames MacDonald I personally couldn't care less if folk call me McDonald.

Diclonius
04-06-2023, 09:55 PM
It's petty as ****. Every single person knows who folk mean. Do we have a player with a similar name? my surnames MacDonald I personally couldn't care less if folk call me McDonald.

My surname is constantly misspelled and my partner's foreign so people don't even bother to pronounce her name correctly let alone spell it. As long as they vaguely know who she is then it's fine I guess.

IberianHibernian
04-06-2023, 10:44 PM
I saw his team win penalty shoot out today and he seemed to be enjoying celebrations after . Hopefully he`ll be looking forward to getting the chance to showing his worth in pre season and we give him a chance to prove himself .

PHeffernan
05-06-2023, 12:25 AM
are we really having a go at each other on here about spelling errors? Lighten up.

Supporters demand the players do better or want them to leave but can't even spell their names correctly despite seeing them in print hundreds and hundreds of times. To those with dyslexia I apologise but to the other bone idle fops I say get with the programme before season 2023/24 starts.
It's a shame to be losing Nisbet this summer but it will be a blessed relief not to see supporters complaining about Nesbit. The image of Rab C and his bandaged heid wearing a string vest over a Hibs strip no more. Thank you God.
Word is that Magennis is only pretending to be injured because supporters insist on mangling the spelling of his surname.
Another poster on here wants rid of Hauge but thinks his surname is Hague and I fear spelling Melkersen correctly will continue to be beyond some. Norwegians will be thinking we are a right bunch of thicko's ... even more than they did when Uncle Ben gave Bodo Glimt loads of money for a couple of cast offs. They will be trying to sell us magic beans next.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-06-2023, 04:16 AM
It's MELKERSO- wait nvm

yes Hallberg has some explaining to do … :)

Viva_Palmeiras
05-06-2023, 04:21 AM
Are some supporters settling for spelling mediocrity?

worcesterhibby
05-06-2023, 08:49 AM
Supporters demand the players do better or want them to leave but can't even spell their names correctly despite seeing them in print hundreds and hundreds of times. To those with dyslexia I apologise but to the other bone idle fops I say get with the programme before season 2023/24 starts.
It's a shame to be losing Nisbet this summer but it will be a blessed relief not to see supporters complaining about Nesbit. The image of Rab C and his bandaged heid wearing a string vest over a Hibs strip no more. Thank you God.
Word is that Magennis is only pretending to be injured because supporters insist on mangling the spelling of his surname.
Another poster on here wants rid of Hauge but thinks his surname is Hague and I fear spelling Melkersen correctly will continue to be beyond some. Norwegians will be thinking we are a right bunch of thicko's ... even more than they did when Uncle Ben gave Bodo Glimt loads of money for a couple of cast offs. They will be trying to sell us magic beans next.

If you're going to rant at fellow Hibbies about spelling, you should really learn where to use commas.

Northernhibee
05-06-2023, 08:54 AM
The correct spelling is Bodø/Glimt

Since452
05-06-2023, 08:54 AM

I think Hibs were attracted to the "seven figure" option to buy they had. Probably saw it as a good opportunity to part ways with a hefty profit. Obviously didn't happen, as most would have predicted. We just need to hope that he kicks on now as can't see anyone buying him.

HFC93
05-06-2023, 09:00 AM
Does anyone remember the Norwegian football Twitter “expert” who made Melkerson sound like a wonderkid?

MrSmith
05-06-2023, 09:08 AM
A good centre back and left back, plus two good, strong, ball winning and creative midfielders, Melkerson might get the support he needs to grow and become the striker he may be. My issue with our team is the soft as **** midfield, it doesn't do anything.

Unseen work
05-06-2023, 09:17 AM
Does anyone remember the Norwegian football Twitter “expert” who made Melkerson sound like a wonderkid?

Reindeer hotdog or something like that?

Stubbsy90+2
05-06-2023, 10:28 AM
The correct spelling is Bodø/Glimt

:greengrin

That post has went down as terribly as it should have.

PHeffernan
05-06-2023, 10:38 AM
If you're going to rant at fellow Hibbies about spelling, you should really learn where to use commas.

Whoosh.
I knew I should have put a smiley emoticon at the end of my post but it's so canned laughter.

PHeffernan
05-06-2023, 10:42 AM
Reindeer hotdog or something like that?

Jumping frog
Albuquerque

CyberSauzee
05-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Jumping frog
Albuquerque

I was wondering if something this fabricated would sprout up from somewhere!

MrSmith
05-06-2023, 12:44 PM
I was wondering if something this fabricated would sprout up from somewhere!

It was prefabricated!