PDA

View Full Version : Bid accepted for Nisbet

Eyrie
31-05-2023, 06:36 PM
From Millwall, but others to follow.

Per BBC. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65768139)

HIBS NUTS
31-05-2023, 06:42 PM

Quite surprising, unless it was part of the reason, he didn’t sign in january, was he signed in the summer.
i would have thought he is now much more in demand, than after an injury.
Terrible club to go too, for many reasons.

3pm
31-05-2023, 06:42 PM
Glad it'll be done early.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2023, 06:43 PM
Terrible club to go too, for many reasons.

Tell us more 😜

Since452
31-05-2023, 06:44 PM
Hopefully a good fee and big sell-on. Millwall is surprising though he can do better than them.

HIBS NUTS
31-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Tell us more 😜

Do i need to elaborate, you were there when i got punched, and we sheltered in a laundry.👍🏻
Silly boys.😄

GreenNWhiteArmy
31-05-2023, 06:48 PM
Hopefully in excess of 2M with 10-20% sell on fee - double if the uglies sniff around

Should be double that amount, but reality is he was never signing any extension with us so hopefully the club have squeezed every last penny out the bidders

Best of luck Nizzy

Keith_M
31-05-2023, 06:52 PM
Are Dunfermline due a percentage of any fee?

Hibbyradge
31-05-2023, 06:56 PM
Are Dunfermline due a percentage of any fee?

20% is the rumour

AlbertK86
31-05-2023, 06:57 PM
Hopefully in excess of 2M with 10-20% sell on fee - double if the uglies sniff around

Should be double that amount, but reality is he was never signing any extension with us so hopefully the club have squeezed every last penny out the bidders

Best of luck Nizzy

If McCrorie is going for 2 million I would say with Scotland caps including scoring and his 12 in 20 since injury that we may get more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
31-05-2023, 06:58 PM
20% is the rumour

Cheers.

:aok:

Waxy
31-05-2023, 07:00 PM
He can do better than Millwall imo

Irish_Steve
31-05-2023, 07:02 PM
Yip, hopefully more teams will come out of the woodwork for him now

JammyDoidger
31-05-2023, 07:02 PM
Millwall are a gang man, I'd like to think he could do better than that, at least go to a team that try's to play football the right way.

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2023, 07:04 PM
Don't do it Kev

not meelwall anyway

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2023, 07:07 PM
Do i need to elaborate, you were there when i got punched, and we sheltered in a laundry.👍🏻
Silly boys.😄

Aye, that's what I meant. 🍺 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🍺

Dublin07
31-05-2023, 07:08 PM
I think we will keep the fee as undisclosed so other teams don’t know what we have to spend on his replacement. Would bid for Van Veen.

Since452
31-05-2023, 07:17 PM
The thought of playing for Millwall would be utterly depressing. I'm sure Nisbet would rather go elsewhere. Just need another team or two to offer more than Millwall!

Steven79
31-05-2023, 07:17 PM
I think we will keep the fee as undisclosed so other teams don’t know what we have to spend on his replacement. Would bid for Van Veen.Maybe we have already put in a bid for a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

jacomo
31-05-2023, 07:20 PM

Best of luck Nizzy

:agree:

jacomo
31-05-2023, 07:21 PM
The thought of playing for Millwall would be utterly depressing. I'm sure Nisbet would rather go elsewhere. Just need another team or two to offer more than Millwall!

Given the current state of the rental market he needs to ask for a fat salary!

PHeffernan
31-05-2023, 07:30 PM

Given other parties are likely to be interested that makes no sense from either party and no sense to tell The Sun or Fat Brian.
The Sun are guessing and Brian is copying them. Either that or there was an agreement with Milwall to do the deal in the summer.
Patrick McPartland is our official leak and he will be informed if and when Hibs want to tell us.

£2.3 million in January was for a player with 16 months left on his contract but who had just come back from a serious injury
He now has 12 months left on his contract but he has proved his fitness, continued to score goals and is in the Scotland squad.
Surely we can get £2.5 million for a 26 years old in form current International striker.
That way we get £2 million and Dunfermline get the remaining £500k.

31-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Bang in a goal or 2 against Haaland and co and his price doubles. 🤞

hibby rae
31-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Hopefully a good fee and big sell-on. Millwall is surprising though he can do better than them.

Hopefully he doesn't go there. Horrible fans.

Onion
31-05-2023, 07:53 PM
Yip, hopefully more teams will come out of the woodwork for him now

He'll end up at the Huns, they've been sniffing around KN for months.

Huns are unable to make direct approach to Hibs as that would be too demeaning, so they'll wait to see terms Hibs will accept, tap up agent and slink their way in. Assisted by MSM of course.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2023, 07:58 PM
I think he's in Dubai at the moment.

I doubt he will have to be there for initial discussions around a move but when to comes to a medical and the finalities he'll have to be about.

Not sure this will be resolved imminently albeit we all know he is going.

Hibs90
31-05-2023, 07:59 PM

Huns are unable to make direct approach to Hibs as that would be too demeaning, so they'll wait to see terms Hibs will accept, tap up agent and slink their way in. Assisted by MSM of course.

Not sure the Huns would accept a die hard Celtic fan. And unless Huns stump the cash up front they can bolt.

Let’s face it Nisbets been good for Hibs but he’s been itching to get away to pick up s better wage and can’t really blame him for that.

For the most part he’s contributed on the pitch and he will be hard to replace.

Lendo
31-05-2023, 08:07 PM
Been told it’s £1.2m and there are six clubs due to speak to his agent this week.

Hibs90
31-05-2023, 08:09 PM
Been told it’s £1.2m and there are six clubs due to speak to his agent this week.
Who told you that?

Hibiza
31-05-2023, 08:12 PM
Millwall , not the greatest but get a lot of bad press , don't judge the book by it's cover. Lots of great fans , football fans - just like us .

31-05-2023, 08:14 PM

Make that years, Gerrard was after him.

Since452
31-05-2023, 08:15 PM

That would be horrific with Dunfermline due at least 20%

Steven79
31-05-2023, 08:16 PM
That would be horrific with Dunfermline due at least 20%This.

Better be at least double or we are selling on the cheap.

Brightside
31-05-2023, 08:22 PM
I think he's in Dubai at the moment.

I doubt he will have to be there for initial discussions around a move but when to comes to a medical and the finalities he'll have to be about.

Not sure this will be resolved imminently albeit we all know he is going.

Unless it was all agreed before he went.

3pm
31-05-2023, 08:27 PM
Unless it was all agreed before he went.

Maxing out his visa before his 1st pay packet. Been there myself.🤣

Hibernian Verse
31-05-2023, 08:27 PM
This.

Better be at least double or we are selling on the cheap.

Only a year left on his deal. Anything over a million with a decent sell on is probably reasonable.

JohnM1875
31-05-2023, 08:30 PM
Only a year left on his deal. Anything over a million with a decent sell on is probably reasonable.

For a full Scottish international, about to reach his peak years and he's been on fire since coming back from injury. It's nothing like a reasonable deal. It's a stinker of a deal in my opinion.

Stuart93
31-05-2023, 08:31 PM

That’s utter bull ****.

Anything over a million for nisbet is acceptable? **** that.

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2023, 08:32 PM
is it possible to accept a much less fee but adding on reasonably easy achievable add-ons for the future, thus Dunfy don't get much less and we are the only club to gain more in the long run.

or will the Dunfy lawyers have realised this can happen so put in fail-safes so we couldn't :greengrin

J-C
31-05-2023, 08:33 PM
Hopefully gets done quickly so we can get ourselves organised early, good luck to him.

Up-the-slope
31-05-2023, 08:34 PM

That makes no sense... why would a fee be fixed if multiple clubs interested

Aldo
31-05-2023, 08:35 PM
is it possible to accept a much less fee but adding on reasonably easy achievable add-ons for the future, thus Dunfy don't get much less and we are the only club to gain more in the long run.

or will the Dunfy lawyers have realised this can happen so put in fail-safes so we couldn't :greengrin

I’d rather we did things properly and not try and rip of a lower league team. Could potentially scupper any other clubs selling us players!

Pretty Boy
31-05-2023, 08:36 PM
That’s utter bull ****.

Anything over a million for nisbet is acceptable? **** that.

I suppose if the alternative is £150K in January then he has a point.

Ultimately the market dictates a players worth and if the most anyone is willing to pay is £1-1.5M then it's up to Hibs to decide if we are willing to risk another Porteous situation. Hibs can say we want £3M or whatever but if a team knows they can get him on a pre contract in January then they can equally say 'aye that'll be right'.

Hopefully with reports of up to 6 clubs being interested there is something of a bidding war and it bumps the price up a bit. If we have already accepted a bid then it would seem our valuation has been met though so that's probably unlikely now.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2023, 08:37 PM
That makes no sense... why would a fee be fixed if multiple clubs interested

The report says we've accepted a bid.

That fee won't increase regardless of where he ends up.

jodjam
31-05-2023, 08:39 PM
Was told at PBS on Saturday that this would break today and deal is £1.5

No idea of sell on but Millwall rarely sell for big money

cabbageandribs1875
31-05-2023, 08:39 PM
I’d rather we did things properly and not try and rip of a lower league team. Could potentially scupper any other clubs selling us players!

good point, and i do have a wee soft spot for Dunfy :greengrin

DIXIHIBS
31-05-2023, 08:42 PM
The report says we've accepted a bid.

That fee won't increase regardless of where he ends up.

Weve accepted a bid of X amount from millwall. If someone else offers X plus Y why wouldnt fee increase?

ElginHibbie
31-05-2023, 08:43 PM
Weve accepted a bid of X amount from millwall. If someone else offers X plus Y why wouldnt fee increase?

If we have accepted X why would anyone else offer anymore?

Hibbyradge
31-05-2023, 08:44 PM

Why would anyone offer more? We've achieved what we want for the player.

If Millwall can agree terms with Nisbet, the deal is done even if someone offers twice as much.

J-C
31-05-2023, 08:47 PM
By accepting £1.5m isn't all that bright from us, let Millwall offer that but tell them we want £2.5, then let the bidding wars start, all the clubs now know exactly what they need to offer to get him.

Callum_62
31-05-2023, 08:49 PM
By accepting £1.5m isn't all that bright from us, let Millwall offer that but tell them we want £2.5, then let the bidding wars start, all the clubs now know exactly what they need to offer to get him.What if they offered 800k and we told them we want 1.5?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

DIXIHIBS
31-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Why would anyone offer more? We've achieved what we want for the player.

If Millwall can agree terms with Nisbet, the deal is done even if someone offers twice as much.

Maybe im missing something....not for the first time😁. You are assuming all other clubs know what Millwall have offered. If another club offers say 100k more surely Nisbet would be made aware of both bids and choose whats best for him.

Pretty Boy
31-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Maybe im missing something....not for the first time😁. You are assuming all other clubs know what Millwall have offered. If another club offers say 100k more surely Nisbet would be made aware of both bids and choose whats best for him.

I'd suggest Nisbet's agent will know what Millwall have bid and will be making other potential suitors aware.

Glory Lurker
31-05-2023, 08:54 PM
Break clause at a set figure?

147lothian
31-05-2023, 08:55 PM
Sad to see him go but considering he only had a year left in his contract, probably nothing else the club could have done and the money coming in early can be put to good use, it means we have time to look at replacements, perhaps there is already a replacement lined up.

cameronw-hfc
31-05-2023, 08:56 PM
Figure will naturally be lower due to his contract so I'd take 1.5 or anything higher at this rate. Still makes a healthy profit on him.

DIXIHIBS
31-05-2023, 08:58 PM
I'd suggest Nisbet's agent will know what Millwall have bid and will be making other potential suitors aware.

I get that. Not sure how agent get their share but surely it not beyond them to try bump up the transfer fee if it benefits the agent/player.

bingo70
Millwall , not the greatest but get a lot of bad press , don't judge the book by it's cover. Lots of great fans , football fans - just like us .

Sure they got awarded EFL family club of the year last year.

Londons a great city, would be a brilliant place for him to move to IMO.

147lothian

Let the bidding war begin

Hibbyradge
31-05-2023, 09:00 PM

He'll choose what's best for him, yes.

Why would say, Blackburn, offer Hibs more than we've accepted from Millwall? They might offer Nisbet a higher salary but increasing the transfer fee wouldn't make any difference.

J-C
31-05-2023, 09:01 PM
What if they offered 800k and we told them we want 1.5?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

It'll be a release clause of £1.5m or whatever it is, once met then he can talk to that club or any other club that meets the £1.5 valuation.

147lothian
31-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Sure they got awarded EFL family club of the year last year.

Londons a great city, would be a brilliant place for him to move to IMO.

All he needs is a three wheeled vehicle and a flat in Peckham and he's living the dream :faf:

Aldo
31-05-2023, 09:09 PM
good point, and i do have a wee soft spot for Dunfy :greengrin

We have a good track record so far and it should continue properly imho!

Callyballybe
31-05-2023, 09:10 PM
If the bid last January was around the £2.4mil area - which was what was reported from what I remember - we're not getting £2.5mil now that he's got 12 months left on his contract. We'll be lucky if it's 1.5mil now. Very lucky.
If there are 6 clubs genuinely interested then I'd estimate we wouldn't have accepted Millwall's bid.
I actually said at the time, I wasn't entirely convinced by the reasons given for the deal falling through in Jan. I'm very cynical, but of all the teams he's been linked to, I'm not surprised Milwall seems to have sprung up again (or at least seem to be the front runner.)

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2023, 09:17 PM

Of course, many Millwall fans will be genuine locals who just love their club, but it can't be denied they have a long term problem with far right nutters and hooligans and attract a very unpleasant hardcore. Unsurprisingly, they have a strong loyalist contingent :cb

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2023, 09:18 PM
It'll be a release clause of £1.5m or whatever it is, once met then he can talk to that club or any other club that meets the £1.5 valuation.

It's a significant amount to us. We will need to spend it wisely to get value.

S4uzee
31-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Would it be possible for a clause in his contract to say we have to accept X amount if in last year of contract.

Hibbyradge
31-05-2023, 09:20 PM
Would it be possible for a clause in his contract to say we have to accept X amount if in last year of contract.

Possibly but whatever the reason, we've accepted the offer and he's leaving.

Glory Lurker
31-05-2023, 09:22 PM
I said that!

Just_Jimmy
31-05-2023, 09:23 PM
I'm actually not bothered to see him go. He's a strange one as despite his goals, i just never took to him.

1.5m regardless of circumstances is crap.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2023, 09:26 PM
I'm actually not bothered to see him go. He's a strange one as despite his goals, i just never took to him.

It is, but it's still a lot of money for a club of our budget. Scottish clubs (Old Firm aside) are always going to get ripped off by English clubs who know money is very tight up here. It's just the way things are right now.

Donegal Hibby
31-05-2023, 09:38 PM
Was the offer in January not meant to be £2.2 or £2.4 mill ? . Seems strange the figure getting discussed now is only £1.5 mill . Don't envy him if it's Millwall , horrible club imo .

B.H.F.C
31-05-2023, 09:39 PM

Replacing him is going to be really difficult. Not just his goals since he came back but his all round play has been so much better than pre injury.

I get the feeling the club are quite relaxed about him going. They must be prepared for it, no excuse not to be.

Greenio
31-05-2023, 09:48 PM
I've got faith in our business acumen. We'll get the most we can, as someone said, market dictates price, but as with anything, negotiating and how you play it makes a difference.

Sad to see him goes but we move on. It was always happening. He nearly went when he'd been here for 6 months or something no?

Nicho87
31-05-2023, 09:48 PM
Sets us up nicely for getting Bojang back on a permanent deal.

Maybe KN can rent him his pad out?

Smartie
31-05-2023, 09:51 PM
Sets us up nicely for getting Bojang back on a permanent deal.

Maybe KN can rent him his pad out?

KN would need to spend the entirety of his Millwall wage on insurance and fire ******ants.

147lothian
31-05-2023, 09:54 PM
Replacing him is going to be really difficult. Not just his goals since he came back but his all round play has been so much better than pre injury.

I get the feeling the club are quite relaxed about him going. They must be prepared for it, no excuse not to be.

Maybe they are relaxed about him going because he had one year left on his contract, if we are able to bring in a striker of the ilk of Van Veen on a 3 or 4 year deal with the transfer fee then its good business all round. I have a feeling the club have targets in mind.

The Baldmans Comb
31-05-2023, 09:55 PM
Its Nissy who decides where his next club will be and when he will move and Hibs can leak deals with whoever they want and try to create a bidding war but really they aren't part of the destination decision making process as long as the asking price is roughly met.

Liberal Hibby
31-05-2023, 09:57 PM
He'll choose what's best for him, yes.

Why would say, Blackburn, offer Hibs more than we've accepted from Millwall? They might offer Nisbet a higher salary but increasing the transfer fee wouldn't make any difference.

Apart from the signing on fee which is a percentage of the transfer (or has that changed?)

Donegal Hibby
31-05-2023, 10:00 PM
Would it be possible that the fee is £1.5 million though with add ons that's similar to the earlier offer and we've accepted it because we have a replacement lined up and maybe he's one we have to move quickly on ? . 🤔

500miles
31-05-2023, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised given his knee injury if we will have to bank on so many appearances before getting a full payment.

MWHIBBIES
31-05-2023, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised given his knee injury if we will have to bank on so many appearances before getting a full payment.

No chance. He has had 1 injury in his career and been fit now for months. We've sold players with far worse injury records.

Liberal Hibby
31-05-2023, 10:10 PM
Was the offer in January not meant to be £2.2 or £2.4 mill ? . Seems strange the figure getting discussed now is only £1.5 mill . Don't envy him if it's Millwall , horrible club imo .

When I lived in London I went to Millwall a couple of times and knew quite a few season ticket holders. They're just ordinary fitba fans who have had to fight for their club against forces that wanted to shut them down (in their case Lewisham council).

Their a mid table English tier 2 side with realistic ambitions to play in the top league, in the country's capital city and a mega bucks TV deal. If he signs for them he'll be set for life.

Haymaker
31-05-2023, 10:30 PM
Don't do it Nizzy. **** Millwall!

31-05-2023, 10:36 PM
Don't do it Nizzy. **** Millwall!

Even if it frees up the cash to sign Griffiths? 🤔

Donegal Hibby
31-05-2023, 10:38 PM
When I lived in London I went to Millwall a couple of times and knew quite a few season ticket holders. They're just ordinary fitba fans who have had to fight for their club against forces that wanted to shut them down (in their case Lewisham council).

Their a mid table English tier 2 side with realistic ambitions to play in the top league, in the country's capital city and a mega bucks TV deal. If he signs for them he'll be set for life.
I'm sure there are ordinary football fans in there support and no disrespect to you or them though the story's going about the hooligan element in there support and the trouble that's been caused over years and years doesn't paint Millwall in a very good light tbh .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_Bushwackers

Haymaker
31-05-2023, 10:41 PM
Even if it frees up the cash to sign Griffiths? 🤔

Ye... n ... hang on...

Hibernia&Alba
31-05-2023, 10:50 PM
Ye... n ... hang on...

:hyper:hyper

Haymaker
31-05-2023, 10:51 PM
:hyper:hyper

Yeah but.. millwall... Griffiths...

I'm a bit discombobulated right now...

31-05-2023, 10:55 PM
Yeah but.. millwall... Griffiths...

I'm a bit discombobulated right now...

Soz

Haymaker
31-05-2023, 10:55 PM
Soz

:greengrin

tamig
31-05-2023, 11:01 PM
I'm sure there are ordinary football fans in there support and no disrespect to you or them though the story's going about the hooligan element in there support and the trouble that's been caused over years and years doesn't paint Millwall in a very good light tbh .
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millwall_Bushwackers

Times change buddy. As do people.

McGruber
31-05-2023, 11:51 PM
I'm struggling to understand Hibs accepting a fee of 1.2 million for a player we had an agreed fee of 2.4 million 6 months ago. Sure he has 6 months less on the contract but in that time he has stepped up a level, proved his fitness and banged in goals. £1.2 million for an international striker at his age and quality is on the cheap. Get the feeling Hibs feel they got burned with the Porteous situation and are spooked about a repeat scenario.

It is true something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it but when we know there is a lot of interested parties, which has been well documented - why not make it known a bid has been made (without accepting it) and see if it brings anyone else to the table. By accepting the first bid that's the fee set now for whoever ends up buying him with no bidding war.

Forza Fred
01-06-2023, 01:16 AM

The market dictates what we get.

I can’t think of many players where the fans’ value of relative worth was a case of …’wow! We did a good deal there’

McGinn, Cummings, Nisbet….most thought they were worth more than we ended up getting for them…….but nobody was prepared to offer more

JamesHFC
01-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Understand the sell on fee is now a lot higher.

neil7908
01-06-2023, 01:50 AM
Understand the sell on fee is now a lot higher.

Might be controversial but as well as Nisbet has done, I'm not actually that bothered about the sell on for him as I don't think he'll move for big money down line.

He's a good player but I'm not convinced he has the attributes to move for millions. I think he will struggle a bit in the Championship so I'd rather take more cash now that hope for a windfall later.

Unseen work
01-06-2023, 02:19 AM
Might be controversial but as well as Nisbet has done, I'm not actually that bothered about the sell on for him as I don't think he'll move for big money down line.

He's a good player but I'm not convinced he has the attributes to move for millions. I think he will struggle a bit in the Championship so I'd rather take more cash now that hope for a windfall later.

I’m actually the opposite, I think Nisbet is the type who will back himself to go down there and get another move to a top championship team wanting promotion.

I always think he’s at his best when he’s desperate for a move, it’s like he has that bit more fight.

Millwall aswell wouldn’t be able to hold off huge bids I wouldn’t think so hopefully if he goes for 1.5 - 2 million he bangs in goals and goes for 8 -12 million in January 🤣 which scarily enough isn’t that far fetched with the fee’s they pay down there

Look at Ross Stewart. Folk on here weren’t convinced when we were linked with him at county, now he’s getting quoted for 10 million pound moves

Forza Fred
01-06-2023, 02:20 AM

I think the Championship is probably the highest club level he will play at.

BILLYHIBS
01-06-2023, 06:03 AM
1.2 m ?

The Uglies pay more for bench warmers

They will be sniffing around no doubt

Take the highest bid with a sell on clause

Kevin is a focussed determined hard working laddie as others have said wherever he goes he will perform well to get another move

Hibs90
01-06-2023, 06:04 AM
If the 1.2m figure is accurate that’s an absolute joke from the person (s) accepting that offer. Whether it be the board, DoF, combination of people. Infact I’d go further and say it’s a disgrace if the club have accepted it, (providing it’s not a clause in his contract etc).

McGruber
01-06-2023, 06:33 AM
1.2 m ?

The Uglies pay more for bench warmers

They will be sniffing around no doubt

Take the highest bid with a sell on clause

Kevin is a focussed determined hard working laddie as others have said wherever he goes he will perform well to get another move

If we have accepted 1.2 mill then that will be the highest offer regardless of who comes in now. Only thing that changes now is Nisbet's wage offers.

If we were at the end of the window I'd get it more, just seems a hasty decision when other interested parties.
(all of course if the reported 1.2 is accurate and it isn't stipulated in contract)

BILLYHIBS
01-06-2023, 06:36 AM
If we have accepted 1.2 mill then that will be the highest offer regardless of who comes in now. Only thing that changes now is Nisbet's wage offers.

If we were at the end of the window I'd get it more, just seems a hasty decision when other interested parties.
(all of course if the reported 1.2 is accurate and it isn't stipulated in contract)

I rate Hibs higher than Millwall tbh

Wait a minute 1.2m ?

Is that not the figure Celtic refused to pay for a supposed benchwarmer?

Brightside
01-06-2023, 06:47 AM
2.2 Jan. 1.5 now. Maybe just maybe we agreed the deal with them back in jan when it was decided he would have another 6 months. Those 6 months were to help us attain a better league position and also give Millwall the confidence that his knee had fully healed. Something they couldn't confirm with the initial medical.

I think quite a lot of people have heard the 1.5 now - sounds like someone was pretty open with that at PoTY.

We need the money and he needs to be sold. The idea that we can just hang on to get more won't work. This needs done now so we can re-invest in new players ASAP.

Stubbsy90+2
01-06-2023, 07:01 AM

Agree.

I think he’s a good player at our level but i think mid table-playoff Championship will be his peak in his career.

He’ll be a 7 or 8 goal a season squad player down there imo.

Hibernian Verse
01-06-2023, 07:09 AM
2.2 Jan. 1.5 now. Maybe just maybe we agreed the deal with them back in jan when it was decided he would have another 6 months. Those 6 months were to help us attain a better league position and also give Millwall the confidence that his knee had fully healed. Something they couldn't confirm with the initial medical.

I think quite a lot of people have heard the 1.5 now - sounds like someone was pretty open with that at PoTY.

We need the money and he needs to be sold. The idea that we can just hang on to get more won't work. This needs done now so we can re-invest in new players ASAP.

Totally agree. Without Nisbet's goals we'd be in the bottom six.

NC1875
01-06-2023, 07:09 AM
Agree.

I think he’s a good player at our level but i think mid table-playoff Championship will be his peak in his career.

He’ll be a 7 or 8 goal a season squad player down there imo.

Have to disagree, The sell on will be beneficial to Hibs in the long run I think.

Look at guys like Jordan Rhodes, Oli McBurnie. All championship level players but have moved between teams in that league for millions.

One good season at Millwall and another championship team will take a punt on him.

superfurryhibby
01-06-2023, 07:11 AM
It’s ban odd situation tbf, but people are getting a bit tied up in knots trying to explain why Hibs would accept such a low bid, especially as it seems to be the first bid.

The idea that we settled for 1.5 million now, having been offered in excess of 2 million in January, nah, not having that.

As has been mentioned, if Nisbet has a clause in his contract, that might explain us having accepted a bid. However, I fail to see why Millwall would have offered more back in Jan if that’s the case?

Of course, this is all the usual speculation. In reality no one knows. He failed a medical, he was unhappy with the way Millwall meet and greeted him...etc etc...Fact is that we will probably never know how much the fee is, unless the club feel obliged to comment on it ( which they may if there is a clause which leads to him being sold on the cheap).

LeithMike
01-06-2023, 07:14 AM

That sounds about right to me. It won’t be a contractual clause as he’s only had one contract and don’t think any buyout clause would have been inserted (evident from previous negotiations). Sounds like the deal was agreed in January for it to be concluded so soon.

It’s rubbish money for a Scottish international (but in line with McGinn fee) and it reflects well on the club if they’ve accepted less money to try for a better league position. Also better for Nisbet to move in the summer rather than winter as has more time to settle and integrate.

Good deal all round but again disappointing that footballers in Scotland are seriously cheaper than England. That reflects the financial disparities in the game though.

flash
01-06-2023, 07:19 AM
Already we are told on these pages the fee is either 1.2 or 1.5 million depending on who you believe.

Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Just_Jimmy
01-06-2023, 07:20 AM

He's a good player but I'm not convinced he has the attributes to move for millions. I think he will struggle a bit in the Championship so I'd rather take more cash now that hope for a windfall later.Add in that I got slated on here for saying Hibs got mugged in the McGinn deal because "we'll get a huge sell on".

It does work sometimes, Fletcher is a great example as he bounced around, but the reality is that McGinn hadn't moved and its unlikely Hibs will see anything off that money.

KN is more valuable to Hibs than 1.2 or 1.5 mill and I agree with you that he's unlikely to be the type that moves on for huge money in future. Tbh, as I said I'm not a fan so I hope he goes and does a Fletcher and moves numerous times purely as a cash cow for hibs. I just don't see it.

Blaster
01-06-2023, 07:20 AM
Already we are told on these pages the fee is either 1.2 or 1.5 million depending on who you believe.

Could be both. £1.5 million deal with £1.2 for us after Dunfermline get their cut??

3pm
01-06-2023, 07:24 AM
Nisbet has previous for a January move falling through but getting his move there in there in the summer. 😀

flash
01-06-2023, 07:40 AM
Could be both. £1.5 million deal with £1.2 for us after Dunfermline get their cut??

Aye could be. My point was more to do with people who know very little pretending they have inside info.

J-C
01-06-2023, 07:45 AM

Said this same thing earlier in the thread, looks to me like it was an agreement to help us and get him playing regularly again.

Bad Habits
01-06-2023, 08:02 AM
I don't mind him going for this fee to be honest. if we got £4+ million for him there's no guarantee that we'd reinvest that money wisely, as with most transfers its a gamble.

I feel like this way everybody wins, we utilise and enjoy a great player, make a profit, Dunfermline make some money, Nisbet improves his game and get a decent move that will considerably increase his standard of living.

Similar to the John McGinn situation. I also think this makes us more attractive to players on the up, we have a proven track record of taking in players, improving them and allowing them to progress their careers without any messing about.

A bird in the hand and all...

Jones28
01-06-2023, 08:07 AM
Lots of ifs, buts and maybes going around here.

Remember the source of the figure and how reliable they are when it comes to distorting numbers.

JimBHibees
01-06-2023, 08:08 AM
It’s ban odd situation tbf, but people are getting a bit tied up in knots trying to explain why Hibs would accept such a low bid, especially as it seems to be the first bid.

The idea that we settled for 1.5 million now, having been offered in excess of 2 million in January, nah, not having that.

As has been mentioned, if Nisbet has a clause in his contract, that might explain us having accepted a bid. However, I fail to see why Millwall would have offered more back in Jan if that’s the case?

Of course, this is all the usual speculation. In reality no one knows. He failed a medical, he was unhappy with the way Millwall meet and greeted him...etc etc...Fact is that we will probably never know how much the fee is, unless the club feel obliged to comment on it ( which they may if there is a clause which leads to him being sold on the cheap).

Pretty much I think.

Libby Hibby
01-06-2023, 08:09 AM
Totally agree. Without Nisbet's goals we'd be in the bottom six.

Perhaps someone else would’ve scored them.

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 08:24 AM
Bang in a goal or 2 against Haaland and co and his price doubles. 🤞

Will struggle to do that in the Championship.

01-06-2023, 08:28 AM
Will struggle to do that in the Championship.

I'm talking about v Norway in a couple of weeks.

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 08:32 AM

Perhaps it's £1.5 million, less Pars 20% which takes it to £1.2 million.

Sorry, I see someone else suggested that.

hibbie02
01-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Strange how all the reports about this are coming from Scotland. Nothing being said by Millwall and no interest at all from the media down here.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-06-2023, 08:51 AM
The figure is undisclosed so Nizzy is a bit like the Scottish housing market. Offer over £xx and you just need to see what the highest bid is. Regardless of the Millwall offer, if one comes in higher from another club then that too will be accepted and then the player can see what the options are.

Hibbyradge
01-06-2023, 08:56 AM
Aye could be. My point was more to do with people who know very little pretending they have inside info.

I think on this occasion, the information is correct.

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Strange how all the reports about this are coming from Scotland. Nothing being said by Millwall and no interest at all from the media down here.

Other than in literal Millwall it's not going to be making headlines until its actually done. Its not big news in the grand scheme of things.

Diclonius
01-06-2023, 09:27 AM
Really hope this is done as soon as possible, could not take a whole summer of this.

hibbie02
01-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Other than in literal Millwall it's not going to be making headlines until its actually done. Its not big news in the grand scheme of things.

I was looking at "literal" Millwall.

Donegal Hibby
01-06-2023, 09:44 AM
Times change buddy. As do people.
Millwall FC have always had a bad reputation and I've seen or heard no evidence to suggest that's gone away . Times indeed change pal though at football clubs people rarely change and you only have to look at the people that follow the old firm to realise this fact . Some clubs and there fans are just bad and won't ever change sadly .

As to Kevin Nisbet going to Millwall I had hoped he would have got a better club and I'm really totally disappointed in the fee that's been reported as it's even less than the original offer and it's really poor for a quality striker who's been capped by his country. ☹️.
https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/hibs-seven-figure-kevin-nisbet-27032660

Since452
01-06-2023, 10:12 AM
Really hope this is done as soon as possible, could not take a whole summer of this.

Yeah so do i. Gives us the funds to replace him quicker as well. I really don't think he'll be signing for Millwall though. There are bigger and better clubs that will be after him.

ErinGoBraghHFC
01-06-2023, 10:16 AM

Wouldn’t think the English papers are particularly arsed about Millwall, especially when you have Man City vs United in the FA Cup Final and then City in the CL final. That’ll be dominating the headlines, not Millwall signing a striker from Scotland.

hibbie02
01-06-2023, 10:34 AM
Wouldn’t think the English papers are particularly arsed about Millwall, especially when you have Man City vs United in the FA Cup Final and then City in the CL final. That’ll be dominating the headlines, not Millwall signing a striker from Scotland.

You might think that the Millwall FC website might say something?

Brightside
01-06-2023, 10:36 AM

The Hibs website doesn't say anything about it?

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 10:54 AM

Since when did Football team website have news articles about bids being accepted before a player has signed the contract?

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2023, 11:07 AM

Sky Sports News were running with the Millwall link last night.

bingo70
01-06-2023, 11:18 AM
Sky Sports News were running with the Millwall link last night.

Journalist from the London Evening Standard was also reporting it yesterday. I can’t remember his name but it was the guy who broke the news that the sale had fallen through in January.

Hibbyradge
01-06-2023, 11:22 AM
Journalist from the London Evening Standard was also reporting it yesterday. I can’t remember his name but it was the guy who broke the news that the sake had fallen through in January.

Was he in a Japanese restaurant?

Such a waste. Breaks your heart.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2023, 11:45 AM

That's a shocker! 😊

Bristolhibby
01-06-2023, 11:48 AM
The figure is undisclosed so Nizzy is a bit like the Scottish housing market. Offer over £xx and you just need to see what the highest bid is. Regardless of the Millwall offer, if one comes in higher from another club then that too will be accepted and then the player can see what the options are.

Correct. It doesn’t mean the dealing is £1.5m (even if that’s right). It means somebody will have to better Millwalls offer, then start negotiating personal terms.

J

Hibbyradge
01-06-2023, 11:52 AM
That's a shocker! 😊

I'm here all week.

Moulin Yarns
01-06-2023, 12:03 PM
At least 1 Millwall fan isn't impressed

This Nisbet bloke is far too much hardwork for my liking and has a suspect knee.

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 12:07 PM
Correct. It doesn’t mean the dealing is £1.5m (even if that’s right). It means somebody will have to better Millwalls offer, then start negotiating personal terms.

J
Why would another team need to better Millwalls offer? If Hibs have accepted £1.5million from Millwall then they'd accept it from any other team too. The decision would be in Nisbets hands as to who is willing to pay him more/for longer.

flash
01-06-2023, 12:19 PM
Why would another team need to better Millwalls offer? If Hibs have accepted £1.5million from Millwall then they'd accept it from any other team too. The decision would be in Nisbets hands as to who is willing to pay him more/for longer.

Because the other clubs don't know what Millwalls offer was presumably.

easty
01-06-2023, 12:20 PM

Half the folk on here seem to know, so clubs other than Millwall have surely heard too :greengrin

flash
01-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Half the folk on here seem to know, so clubs other than Millwall have surely heard too :greengrin

We better start posting it's 3 million then................

Since452
01-06-2023, 12:56 PM
I've heard it's £3 million, plus (not including) add-ons with a 45% sell-on.

Victor
01-06-2023, 01:15 PM

Conspiracy theory No. 1:

In January Milwall offer £2 million. Nisbet pops down and while at Milwall tells Millwall he has a £1.5 million buy clause. Millwall realise they can save £500,000, tell Nisbet to go home and come back in the summer for £1.5 million. Simples. Everybody happy (except Hibs and their supporters).

I expect this to be quoted as fact soon along with the Chris Mueller being paid £10,000 pw and Ms Dempster quashing the Scott Allan move facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aldo
01-06-2023, 01:28 PM

Coat time HR

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 01:29 PM

If a team is interested then they'll speak to his agent who will be more than happy to tell them what Hibs red line is.

Diclonius
01-06-2023, 01:37 PM
I have heard it is money.

Onceinawhile
01-06-2023, 01:41 PM
Evening news reporting it as 2.2m with add ons and sell on clauses.

Hillsidehibby
01-06-2023, 01:43 PM

and we’re off!

Hibernia&Alba
01-06-2023, 03:38 PM

It's a very wide range of fees being reported. 2.2 would be more reasonable, but we shall see.

Trinity Hibee
01-06-2023, 03:48 PM

That would be pretty good tbf

hfcok
01-06-2023, 03:56 PM
Good price for him, hopefully passes the medical though🤔. He’s been itching to leave for over a season now, did the same at Dunfermline, now it’s our turn. Get rid as he’s not wanting to play for the Hibees.

3pm
01-06-2023, 03:58 PM
Shocking to want to increase your wage 5-fold.

Same guy who was happy to sign on reduced terms to do his bit during the pandemic.

01-06-2023, 04:03 PM

Would imagine their sources are decent.

JimBHibees
01-06-2023, 04:10 PM
Good price for him, hopefully passes the medical though🤔. He’s been itching to leave for over a season now, did the same at Dunfermline, now it’s our turn. Get rid as he’s not wanting to play for the Hibees.

Been a great signing

GordonHFC
01-06-2023, 04:11 PM
Evening News saying 2.2M including add ons.

Donegal Hibby
01-06-2023, 04:17 PM
Been a great signing
Agreed , scored some good goals and important ones too for us .

Silky
01-06-2023, 04:22 PM

Just Ramen home the point.

easty
01-06-2023, 04:32 PM
Been a great signing

:agree:

Unseen work
01-06-2023, 04:33 PM
Been a great signing

100%

So underrated by some and the criticism he receives at times is mental

HFC93
01-06-2023, 04:40 PM
So people getting their knickers in a twist (the fee being £1.2m) over nothing then.

BILLYHIBS
01-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Been a great signing

100% This

Only signing I wanted that window

Been a great signing

Hibs class

hibee-boys
01-06-2023, 04:50 PM
2.2 million including add ons is a lot different to 2.2 plus add ons. These add ons may never trigger. I guess the original quoted 1.2 to 1.5 will be what we’re getting now. Hibs trying to create some more positive spin perhaps🤔

01-06-2023, 04:54 PM
2.2 million including add ons is a lot different to 2.2 plus add ons. These add ons may never trigger. I guess the original quoted 1.2 to 1.5 will be what we’re getting now. Hibs trying to create some more positive spin perhaps🤔

How is it Hibs creating spin?

hibee-boys
01-06-2023, 05:05 PM
How is it Hibs creating spin?

It would be fair to say that the majority of Hibs fans would seem the original figures banded about are short of what we’d hope to get for Nisbet. Hibs getting the message out that the deal is likely to be more financially beneficial than initially quoted would help explain🤷🏼

HFC93
01-06-2023, 06:29 PM

Or Hibs countering nonsense claims it's £1.2m.

S4uzee
01-06-2023, 06:47 PM
Been a great signing

Scored goals against the top teams in the league

allezsauzee
01-06-2023, 06:52 PM

lets hope Hibs donburi their heads in the sand and realise that we need a good quality replacement for Nisbet.

brydekirk
01-06-2023, 07:07 PM
At least 1 Millwall fan isn't impressed

This Nisbet bloke is far too much hardwork for my liking and has a suspect knee.

Pretty fair tbh.

Since452
01-06-2023, 07:12 PM

Reasonably happy with that. Shake hands and part ways. Good player but not overly bothered he's leaving.

CentreForward
01-06-2023, 09:37 PM
Remember that Dunfermline will also get a decent chunk of any fee involved.

Lago
02-06-2023, 09:33 AM
Quoted as being in no hurry to finalise a move, BBC gossip.

Gmack7
02-06-2023, 09:38 AM
Hopefully he scores the winner against Norway while still a Hibs player

Keith_M
02-06-2023, 02:52 PM
Remember that Dunfermline will also get a decent chunk of any fee involved.

Somebody suggested earlier in the thread that it's about 20%. So, if the initial transfer fee was 1.5M* then Hibs would get 1.2M

* figure plucked out of the air