PDA

View Full Version : New Pitch - Hybrid

California-Hibs
30-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread. I see via Facebook that we've ripped up the field at Easter Road and are laying a new pitch today. Does anyone know if it is indeed true that we've invested 1 Million and are laying a state of the art Hybrid pitch? Also read that a hybridis also being installed at East Mains.

Can anyone confirm this news? Would be very happy indeed if we're at long long last moving in the direction of the elite teams and installing these fantastic surfaces.

CallumLaidlaw
30-05-2023, 05:35 PM
Believe it is a hybrid yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
30-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Sorry if there's already a thread. I see via Facebook that we've ripped up the field at Easter Road and are laying a new pitch today. Does anyone know if it is indeed true that we've invested 1 Million and are laying a state of the art Hybrid pitch? Also read that a hybridis also being installed at East Mains.

Can anyone confirm this news? Would be very happy indeed if we're at long long last moving in the direction of the elite teams and installing these fantastic surfaces.

I thought they had one over the road 🤔

madabouthibs
30-05-2023, 05:38 PM
We'll need to brush up on the pre-match pyro frisking down then. 🤔🙄😁😁

Northernhibee
30-05-2023, 05:43 PM
When do we hold the opening pitch ruining concert on it? It’s what all big teams do

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-05-2023, 05:50 PM
What's a hybrid pitch??

Hibbyradge
30-05-2023, 05:55 PM
What's a hybrid pitch??

It runs on electricity and petrol.

bod
30-05-2023, 06:06 PM

I heard the FFL were getting bikes installed ,the quickest you pedal the quicker the grass grew

wookie70
30-05-2023, 06:15 PM
The pitch at Tiny looked a good deal better than ours. They are lucky in a way as theirs will be 10% less cost due to its diminutive size.

cabbageandribs1875
30-05-2023, 06:21 PM
only caught the last bit of Tam Cowan mentioning many were commenting on the surface at Fir Park, i mentioned how good it looked a few weeks back, something about 5% of the grass is.........then i left before he explained the rest :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-05-2023, 06:54 PM
The pitch at Firhill, when Partick were on the telly sorting out Queens Park looked superb. Guessing that they won't have the resources for anything other than grass??

Ozyhibby
30-05-2023, 06:57 PM

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Carheenlea
30-05-2023, 11:08 PM
It can’t be a hybrid pitch without publicly proclaiming so via the media, and shouting from the rooftops (without castle views) of exactly how much is being spent on it.

Probably just a new grass relay.

Not In The Know
31-05-2023, 06:24 AM
The pitch at Firhill, when Partick were on the telly sorting out Queens Park looked superb. Guessing that they won't have the resources for anything other than grass??

Teams with much smaller stadiums (more direct sunlight and air circulation) can grow and maintain traditional pitches much easier. The shadows from proper stands are the main issue with the likes of ours.

Also, begs the question why we would spend that amount of money on one at EM?? Is that true? They have enough space to rotate pitch use there so does seem strange.

overdrive
31-05-2023, 06:42 AM
Teams with much smaller stadiums (more direct sunlight and air circulation) can grow and maintain traditional pitches much easier. The shadows from proper stands are the main issue with the likes of ours.

Also, begs the question why we would spend that amount of money on one at EM?? Is that true? They have enough space to rotate pitch use there so does seem strange.

Probably because there is a pitch there that is meant to be an exact replication of the ER pitch.

Greenio
31-05-2023, 07:10 AM
What's a hybrid pitch??

It's when they lay a mesh of artificial fibres as 5% of the surface. The real grass then grows up alongside it

I worked with these guys a while back, they have done pitches for Man City, Brentford, Real Madrid amongst others

http://www.herohybridgrass.com/

Not In The Know
31-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Probably because there is a pitch there that is meant to be an exact replication of the ER pitch.

Quite an expense!

madhatter
31-05-2023, 07:47 PM
It's when they lay a mesh of artificial fibres as 5% of the surface. The real grass then grows up alongside it

I worked with these guys a while back, they have done pitches for Man City, Brentford, Real Madrid amongst others

And they can't afford a certificate on their website?

Bridge hibs
31-05-2023, 07:52 PM
Quite an expense!

Probably but will most likely save money longer term on repairs/maintenance costs etc

dp00
31-05-2023, 07:54 PM
Seems like we have a new groundsman too which has been doing a cracking job on the pitch the last few months given the state it was in

Bristolhibby
01-06-2023, 11:59 AM
Probably but will most likely save money longer term on repairs/maintenance costs etc

Plus we will have a cracking pitch all through the year.

Remember Murrayfield in the day? An absolute bog. Now it’s great all year round.

J

01-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Seems like we have a new groundsman too which has been doing a cracking job on the pitch the last few months given the state it was in

And by looks of it club looking to add to the this with another groundsman. Advert on the website.

hibsforeurope
01-06-2023, 03:22 PM

how long would a pitch like that last compared to a normal grass pitch?

Greenio
01-06-2023, 09:52 PM
how long would a pitch like that last compared to a normal grass pitch?

10 year life span for the product itself

It's not directly comparable to regular pitch as it does as they are both more on going depending on weather, ware etc. But the hybrid pitches are supposed to reduce the need for more significant work I believe

gbhibby
01-06-2023, 09:57 PM
Ooh to ooh to ooh to be ooh to be a hybridy

MelbourneHibees
01-06-2023, 11:07 PM
10 year life span for the product itself

It's not directly comparable to regular pitch as it does as they are both more on going depending on weather, ware etc. But the hybrid pitches are supposed to reduce the need for more significant work I believe
I'm no expert but I'd imagine the synthetic grass would be easily re-sown when the time comes without having to totally strip the grass/turf again.

Ronniekirk
02-06-2023, 07:33 AM
Have the Club confirmed it’s a Hybrid Pitch they are laying ,or is this just speculation
We made a Financial loss last year and playing squad needs another major revamp and we are now paying for a Director of Football .
People are quoting a million quid for Hybrid Pitch ,If true it’s a huge outlay given our Financial position Surely this season should be about backing the new D of F and trying to improve the quality of player squad

Hibbyradge
02-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Have the Club confirmed it’s a Hybrid Pitch they are laying ,or is this just speculation
We made a Financial loss last year and playing squad needs another major revamp and we are now paying for a Director of Football .
People are quoting a million quid for Hybrid Pitch ,If true it’s a huge outlay given our Financial position Surely this season should be about backing the new D of F and trying to improve the quality of player squad

Speculation

Bridge hibs
02-06-2023, 12:12 PM
SpeculationDiscussed a while back so would guess thats what we are going ahead with now

"It is a problem and I don't actually think it is of [the groundsman] Colin Fraser's making. There is a challenge with the circulation of air and light at Easter Road, where the pitch gets a fair amount of sun in the very early morning, but for the rest of the day we get very little. We do have heat lamps to try to improve that but it is fundamentally a case of rip it up and start again.
"We can't afford to do that this summer but we then need to do it next summer. That is the challenge at the moment because to pay for something like that you are talking £600,000-£700,000 for a Desso pitch, which is what all the top teams have. It is not a grass pitch, it is something like 60% synthetic and 40% grass and that is what we had at Charlton and at Norwich and it is quite an undertaking but the issue is more around the cost.
"I think that is something we will have to end up doing, both at HTC and at Easter Road. But that is £1.5m, which is a lot when fans will say we should be spending that on players.

CapitalGreen
02-06-2023, 12:15 PM
I’d solve the sunlight issue by knocking down the South stand and replacing with a small terrace for away fans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3npsHcXkAAROw6.jpg

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2023, 02:52 PM
I’d solve the sunlight issue by knocking down the South stand and replacing with a small terrace for away fans.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3npsHcXkAAROw6.jpg

We should definetly have that for celtic the huns and diets, and have a draw so we can then tiswas it at half time and 20 minutes after the game.

Bridge hibs
02-06-2023, 03:16 PM
We should definetly have that for celtic the huns and diets, and have a draw so we can then tiswas it at half time and 20 minutes after the game.

Hey its good enough for Polish clubs, we could flatten the lower tier of the away end and stick a big **** of cage bang in the middle, have a bread and water kiosk and a couple of piss pots in the corners. They want to act like animals, lets treat them that way

Knowing hibs though and the recent ***** bag responses from hibs we will end up ripping out the seats and giving them ****ing comfort, blue £s you know 👍

tamig
02-06-2023, 07:52 PM
I don’t think you or anyone else here knows what our “financial position” truly is. The Gordon family have committed to carrying on Ron’s ambitions. They wouldn’t be spending a load on infrastructure and leaving no money for investment on the playing side. Not a chance. I think you’re worrying unnecessarily. I think there are some exciting times ahead for us.

Alex Trager
02-06-2023, 08:06 PM
It is a Hybrid pitch acc to Joelle Murray.

She told me on Insta

Ronniekirk
02-06-2023, 08:26 PM
It is a Hybrid pitch acc to Joelle Murray.

She told me on Insta
Cheers she will clearly know

BoyledEgg
03-06-2023, 06:10 PM

I’ve yet to be convinced, new guy was a deputy greenkeeper at a poor golf course nearby. Let’s see what kind of condition he has it in during the winter months.

O'Rourke3
03-06-2023, 06:15 PM
I’ve yet to be convinced, new guy was a deputy greenkeeper at a poor golf course nearby. Let’s see what kind of condition he has it in during the winter months.Surely the head greenkeeper was the problem not his deputy? Might be the reason he left.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

tonyrougier123
03-06-2023, 06:21 PM
Surely the head greenkeeper was the problem not his deputy? Might be the reason he left.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The pitch has been shocking by October recent seasons. Hopefully we remedy that going forward.

Dazzjw1875
05-06-2023, 03:44 PM
Looks like it's just normal grass being put down? There is a tweet saying hopeful to start seeding, but I thought If it was hybrid the plastic goes down 1st then seed??? But I'm no expert.

Groathillgrump
05-06-2023, 03:57 PM
Looks like it's just normal grass being put down? There is a tweet saying hopeful to start seeding, but I thought If it was hybrid the plastic goes down 1st then seed??? But I'm no expert.

The company doing it are called Allgrass Turf Care. I'm no expert but think the clue might be in the name. :dunno:

CallumLaidlaw
05-06-2023, 04:02 PM
The company doing it are called Allgrass Turf Care. I'm no expert but think the clue might be in the name. :dunno:

Their website would tell you their name isn’t as straightforward as it makes out [emoji6]

Definitely some form of Hybrid pitch were getting

Golden Bear
05-06-2023, 04:10 PM
Their website would tell you their name name isn’t as straightforward as it makes out [emoji6]

Definitely some for if Hybrid pitch were getting

https://www.allgrassscotland.co.uk/sports-pitches/hybrid-sports-pitches/

MelbourneHibees
05-06-2023, 04:24 PM

The plastic does go in first. I'm sure the whole point is that the grass roots entwine themselves onto the plastic strands under the soil.

Groathillgrump
05-06-2023, 05:36 PM
Their website would tell you their name isn’t as straightforward as it makes out [emoji6]

Definitely some form of Hybrid pitch were getting

https://www.allgrassscotland.co.uk/sports-pitches/hybrid-sports-pitches/

Cheers guys. :aok:

Victor
05-06-2023, 06:13 PM

Bleeding Weegie company. Could they not have got an Edinburgh company to do the job? They’ll probably have the grass seed growing on broken glass.

Allyg69
06-06-2023, 06:51 AM
I’ve yet to be convinced, new guy was a deputy greenkeeper at a poor golf course nearby. Let’s see what kind of condition he has it in during the winter months.

Wouldn't say Prestonfield is a poor golf course, not in the best nick at the moment i'll give you that but it's a very hard test of your golf. What i will say is when he was at Prestonfield he was doing a great job and was very keen to learn as much as he could.

MWHIBBIES
06-06-2023, 07:16 AM
Bleeding Weegie company. Could they not have got an Edinburgh company to do the job? They’ll probably have the grass seed growing on broken glass.

I was part of the team who done the supplies for the big screens. Only Hibs fan on a squad of 8. Excellent work done, even by the jambos. Don't worry about it.

hibsforeurope
09-06-2023, 06:25 AM
Going by the groundsman’s latest tweet it’s just a regular grass seed pitch.

Posh Swanny
09-06-2023, 08:35 AM

Hybrid pitch companies, like Grassmaster, can sometimes do the stitching of the articial fibres after seeding, so there's still a chance it's going to be hybrid. However, I'd have expected a bit of a song and dance by the club so have my doubts. Unless they're holding off on comms until the big stitching truck arrives in a few weeks!

Carheenlea
09-06-2023, 09:17 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/DzrgKq6y/20240-BF9-20-DA-43-D3-8101-26-FF1353-FCD0.gif (https://postimages.org/)

hibsforeurope
09-06-2023, 09:22 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/DzrgKq6y/20240-BF9-20-DA-43-D3-8101-26-FF1353-FCD0.gif (https://postimages.org/)

The saving (if it is just grass and plastic isn't retro stitched in) would have paid for Youan's transfer fee and wages.

Since452
09-06-2023, 09:46 AM
Article from March 2022. Looks like this could be hybrid given the sums they've mentioned.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/hibs-reveal-easter-road-pitch-plans.html

CallumLaidlaw
09-06-2023, 05:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230609/460bc44e0dc1ff4374dd6ed10ebdc5e3.jpg

Since452
09-06-2023, 05:57 PM
Excellent. Ron's impact lives on.

hibsforeurope
09-06-2023, 06:02 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230609/460bc44e0dc1ff4374dd6ed10ebdc5e3.jpg

Excellent news, pitch has been a big issue in the last few winters.

JohnM1875
09-06-2023, 06:31 PM
'thanks to a significant investment from the Gordon Family'

Have to say, they've *****ed a lot of money into the club since taking over. We're easily the best placed club outside the old firm when it comes to facilities etc.

Really just need to get it right on the pitch now.

Lancs Harp
09-06-2023, 06:33 PM

Have to say, they've *****ed a lot of money into the club since taking over. We're easily the best placed club outside the old firm when it comes to facilities etc.

Saw a video online regarding hospitality at Celtic. I realise they probably have different packages like we do but the video i saw theirs didnt look a patch on ours.

Hibiza
09-06-2023, 06:41 PM
Re-instate,Tam the Groundsman,hest the fella to decide.

Aldo
09-06-2023, 06:46 PM

Indeed they have. Hopefully with the right recruitment over the summer it can start falling into place on the pitch.

Kato
09-06-2023, 06:52 PM
All it needs as a topping off ceremony is to have a very large music gig at ER with a stage and thousands of people trampling all over it. (Nah, only morons would do that.)

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
09-06-2023, 06:52 PM
Saw a video online regarding hospitality at Celtic. I realise they probably have different packages like we do but the video i saw theirs didnt look a patch on ours.

I believe the Hospitality & Commercial team recently won an award in the “Best Hospitality under 1000 seats” category

JohnM1875
09-06-2023, 06:55 PM
All it needs as a topping off ceremony is to have a very large music gig at ER with a stage and thousands of people trampling all over it. (Nah, only morons would do that.)

😂

MelbourneHibees
09-06-2023, 06:56 PM
Kensell says it is 60% synthetic and 40% grass. That doesn't seem right, unless we are going more down the all-weather approach?
I'm sure hybrid pitches are more like 5% plastic typically. Maybe the lack on sunlight he mentions is a factor meaning we need more of an all weather style.

Rumble de Thump
09-06-2023, 07:27 PM
So is this 60% synthetic and 40% Lee Wallace?

MelbourneHibees
09-06-2023, 07:37 PM
So is this 60% synthetic and 40% Lee Wallace?

🤣

CallumLaidlaw
09-06-2023, 07:43 PM

Well we seem desperate to have Josh Taylor fighting at the ground.

Tbf plenty clubs down south seem to manage concerts on their pitches and still be good afterwards.

ian cruise
09-06-2023, 08:15 PM

Though last season wasn't a massive success it really wasn't as bad as some make out, both in regards to results and recruitment.

One win away from 4th place. Youan turned out to be a quality signing, fans on here would love Myko, Fish and CJ back and though he isn't the tidiest footballer Jeggo arrival seemed to help settle the midfield and our good results followed his signing.

All signs that if we continue on that track next season could be even better.

Dalianwanda
09-06-2023, 08:36 PM
Excellent news, pitch has been a big issue in the last few winters.

SIS are a Sligo company (well the owner George is from here & lives here). Impressive list of clubs and stadiums the have worked at).

Unseen work
09-06-2023, 09:04 PM
Fantastic Hibs and well done.

Everything is in place. Pitch, stadium, hospitality, training facilities etc.

Manager who’s now had a year to progress the club, put his stamp on it, assess the league and look at players.

New DoF with a plethora of contacts to bring us on.

This season will be special..

Hibees1973
09-06-2023, 09:14 PM

Manager who’s now had a year to progress the club, put his stamp on it, assess the league and look at players.

Where could it possibly go wrong?

ElginHibbie
09-06-2023, 09:18 PM

We've already progressed further in the cups!

Nicho87
09-06-2023, 09:29 PM
60%

So we’re now one of those clubs with not natural grass

Hello Livingston and killie

NAE NOOKIE
09-06-2023, 11:13 PM
60/40 in favour of synthetic grass is, I think, a far higher proportion than the very best hybrid pitches, but it could even be that given the average Scottish winter a higher plastic content is required to make it work at it's best. I don't know, it's just a guess.

The proof of the pudding will be watching a game on it. If the ball bounces normally ( which it certainly doesn't on most fully artificial pitches ) then that's good enough for me. In one article the Hibs guy said it would help to make Easter Road a fortress, how that works I'm not sure, I doubt a beautiful surface will give us any advantage over the sort of player the Uglies can afford, in fact probably the reverse.

Whatever happens at least it's not a full artificial pitch ... I'm pretty sure that would have driven most of us apoplectic with rage :greengrin

Gmack7
10-06-2023, 05:38 AM
We've already progressed further in the cups!

👍👍😁

CapitalGreen
10-06-2023, 06:37 AM
SIS are doing the pitch and their pitches are 95% natural grass.

Mon Dieu4
10-06-2023, 07:05 AM
The 60/40 chat appears to be from a historic chats with BK rather than what he's said about the new pitch now it's been announced it's being done, the EEN is referring to chats in February 2022, I don't think it will be 60 synthetic

jws1875
10-06-2023, 07:17 AM
SIS are doing the pitch and their pitches are 95% natural grass.

They done Swanseas pitch in 2019 who then announced they'd be ripping it up in December 2020 due to -

"concerns surrounding the current pitch, which has become increasingly difficult to maintain to the normal standard and, as a result, has deteriorated in recent weeks."

Rick Rude
10-06-2023, 09:02 AM
Could he have meant only 60% of the pitch is going to be hybrid and 40% normal turf? Not sure if it's possible but maybe just putting down the hybrid in problem areas that don't get light all year?

Dalianwanda
10-06-2023, 11:49 AM
They done Swanseas pitch in 2019 who then announced they'd be ripping it up in December 2020 due to -

"concerns surrounding the current pitch, which has become increasingly difficult to maintain to the normal standard and, as a result, has deteriorated in recent weeks."

The also did Celtics, Barca’s & Juves to name a few with no problems.

04Sauzee
19-06-2023, 11:01 AM
If you are interested in this kind of thing here's how things are going down at Easter Road

https://twitter.com/sthomas1987/status/1670090070102102016?t=qVX5xiP-0nxHMyoos-_01g&s=19

MrSmith
19-06-2023, 11:10 AM
If you are interested in this kind of thing here's how things are going down at Easter Road

https://twitter.com/sthomas1987/status/1670090070102102016?t=qVX5xiP-0nxHMyoos-_01g&s=19

Superb mate, cheers for posting :thumbsup::flag:

overdrive
19-06-2023, 11:52 AM
It was certainly looking good when I was in the Edinburgh Club for the Proclaimers hospitality yesterday. :thumbsup:

I'm Spartacus
19-06-2023, 02:00 PM

Hahaha what a reply :faf:

04Sauzee
19-06-2023, 08:53 PM
Work going on at HTC as well

Looking good

https://twitter.com/Allgrassturf/status/1670890792636805136?t=GvRbQqIwn8KHbjQHz0E4NQ&s=19

MKHIBEE
20-06-2023, 08:27 AM
Where could it possibly go wrong?

The season starts?

wookie70
29-06-2023, 08:57 PM
What a difference 3 weeks makes (https://twitter.com/sthomas1987/status/1674490172887429127/photo/1)

Carheenlea
29-06-2023, 09:03 PM
What a difference 3 weeks makes (https://twitter.com/sthomas1987/status/1674490172887429127/photo/1)

Looks superb :agree:

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2023, 09:04 PM
Stadium and pitch look fantastic.

New tops to the dugouts would be nice, these ones are a bit old and jaded.

(Not trying to be controversial and I'm not saying the messages aren't just as important and relevant as always before anyone goes all nuts at me!)

wookie70
29-06-2023, 09:07 PM
Stadium and pitch look fantastic.

New tops to the dugouts would be nice, these ones are a bit old and jaded.

(Not trying to be controversial and I'm not saying the messages aren't just as important and relevant as always before anyone goes all nuts at me!)

Yep, the messages were important at that time but I would replace them with some Hibs branding. Volunteering starting on Saturday so the stadium will look even better and good chance to see the pitch first hand. I'm going along on Monday morning to take a few pics so hopefully meet some .netters

NYHibby
01-07-2023, 10:08 AM
Five years ago or so, I went to a presentation at Twickenham where some turfgrass expert described how Twickenham's hybrid surface was installed. I thought he said that surface was more like 2% or 3% artificial material. My memory, which corresponds with the below video, is that they effective sew the artificial strands of grass into the natural strands, the roots of the natural grass entwine with the artificial strands, and the resulting surface is stronger and more durable as the artificial strands hold the natural ones in place. For example, it is harder to rip a divot out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM8pH5N6TI

RMQ1967
02-07-2023, 08:56 AM
Five years ago or so, I went to a presentation at Twickenham where some turfgrass expert described how Twickenham's hybrid surface was installed. I thought he said that surface was more like 2% or 3% artificial material. My memory, which corresponds with the below video, is that they effective sew the artificial strands of grass into the natural strands, the roots of the natural grass entwine with the artificial strands, and the resulting surface is stronger and more durable as the artificial strands hold the natural ones in place. For example, it is harder to rip a divot out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyM8pH5N6TI

Interesting video - presumably the artificial fibres protrude a certain height & they need to always mow above that height?

wookie70
03-07-2023, 06:55 PM
I was down at ER photographing the volunteers today. Pitch is getting there and what a difference a we lick of paint has made to the steps (https://twitter.com/ecossephoto/status/1675940215846846465)

hibeejeebies
03-07-2023, 08:48 PM
I was down at ER photographing the volunteers today. Pitch is getting there and what a difference a we lick of paint has made to the steps (https://twitter.com/ecossephoto/status/1675940215846846465)

Looks cracking 👌🏼

04Sauzee
12-07-2023, 04:38 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JxcrLz6/20230712-173651.jpg (https://ibb.co/yhNgT8v)
https://i.ibb.co/k6yXFh2/20230712-173859.jpg (https://ibb.co/h1MVvKF)

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2023, 05:12 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JxcrLz6/20230712-173651.jpg (https://ibb.co/yhNgT8v)
https://i.ibb.co/k6yXFh2/20230712-173859.jpg (https://ibb.co/h1MVvKF)

Looking very smart :agree:

Still need to fill in those bloody corners though :greengrin

wookie70
12-07-2023, 05:41 PM
I was down on Monday and it has thickened up nicely in the last week. I also learned something that I had thought about a few times in the past. These plastic cups provided the answer

Alex Trager
12-07-2023, 05:46 PM
I was down on Monday and it has thickened up nicely in the last week. I also learned something that I had thought about a few times in the past. These plastic cups provided the answer

Is that how we are doing the hybrid pitch?! Bloody Petrie!!!

Seriously though, what was it you learned?

Aldo
12-07-2023, 06:16 PM
Looking very smart :agree:

Still need to fill in those bloody corners though :greengrin

Dear o dear…… helipad first…..🫣

wookie70
12-07-2023, 06:25 PM
Is that how we are doing the hybrid pitch?! Bloody Petrie!!!

Seriously though, what was it you learned?

I learned what these were and it answered a question I had previously

Corstorphine Hibby
12-07-2023, 06:29 PM
60/40 in favour of synthetic grass is, I think, a far higher proportion than the very best hybrid pitches, but it could even be that given the average Scottish winter a higher plastic content is required to make it work at it's best. I don't know, it's just a guess.

The proof of the pudding will be watching a game on it. If the ball bounces normally ( which it certainly doesn't on most fully artificial pitches ) then that's good enough for me. In one article the Hibs guy said it would help to make Easter Road a fortress, how that works I'm not sure, I doubt a beautiful surface will give us any advantage over the sort of player the Uglies can afford, in fact probably the reverse.

Whatever happens at least it's not a full artificial pitch ... I'm pretty sure that would have driven most of us apoplectic with rage :greengrin

I was at ER today and was confirmed by someone at Hibs showing me around that it's 95/5.

NAE NOOKIE
12-07-2023, 09:06 PM
I was at ER today and was confirmed by someone at Hibs showing me around that it's 95/5.

Sounds standard then and in line with the very best hybrid pitches, which is good.

Sure the players will be happy not to see the pitch deteriorate over the winter months, but in the end it's all a bit like these fancy boots brought out, in the 90s I think it was, that were supposed to make your shooting and passing better. The fact is as I said earlier on the thread that a bowling green pitch suits your opponent just as much as it does you, the team with the best players is still gonna' be more likely to win the game and especially if it's not on a pitch that can be considered a 'leveller'

Our problem is dropping points at home to the likes of St Johnstone and Ross County who on paper at least have lower quality players than we do, not what we do against the Uglies, and that in the end will hopefully be where this pitch will make a bit of a difference .... gotta hope anyway :greengrin

Alex Trager
12-07-2023, 09:11 PM
I learned what these were and it answered a question I had previously

Aye perfect Si. What are the glasses and what was yer Q?

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-07-2023, 10:06 PM

Do they fill in the sprinkler gaps?

wookie70
12-07-2023, 10:48 PM

Hibby Kay-Yay got it. What are the cups for and I had always wondered if there was grass on top of the sprinklers.

Carheenlea
13-07-2023, 08:46 AM

They look very much like 5 pints of the lager they used to serve up in BTG.

Is it reopening then I take it?

Bridge hibs
13-07-2023, 09:43 AM
They look very much like 5 pints of the lager they used to serve up in BTG.

Is it reopening then I take it?Im laughing at that but its so true, it was chronic stuff 🤣

04Sauzee
21-07-2023, 02:44 PM
https://i.ibb.co/X2jNYmg/20230721-154233.jpg (https://ibb.co/VjJrwXZ)

https://i.ibb.co/Tt0NRT9/20230721-154237.jpg (https://ibb.co/SBmZ0xF)
image upload online (https://imgbb.com/)

https://i.ibb.co/9pSS7Tq/20230721-154240.jpg (https://ibb.co/Pr00dh5)

Golden Bear
21-07-2023, 03:23 PM
https://i.ibb.co/X2jNYmg/20230721-154233.jpg (https://ibb.co/VjJrwXZ)

https://i.ibb.co/Tt0NRT9/20230721-154237.jpg (https://ibb.co/SBmZ0xF)
image upload online (https://imgbb.com/)

https://i.ibb.co/9pSS7Tq/20230721-154240.jpg (https://ibb.co/Pr00dh5)

The pitch looks absolutely fantastic,there's no excuses for not producing silky attacking football now.

But we'll find something I'm sure.

😆

Groathillgrump
21-07-2023, 03:35 PM
The stadium and pitch are looking glorious in the Leith sunshine.

Can't wait to be in my seat tonight. Roll on 7.15 :aok:

Greenbeard
11-08-2023, 09:00 AM
Noticeable last night first half that quite a few wee dinks through the middle from them when attacking skidded long and out of play. Then it looked like at half time only the sprinklers in our defensive half were on (or at least on the longest?). Maybe I missed the rest of the pitch being watered but I wondered if that was a tactic to keep them attacking on a skiddy surface?

Irish_Steve
11-08-2023, 11:43 AM
Got a nice burn mark on it from the phannie that threw the flare onto it - walloper

Fratelli
11-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Got a nice burn mark on it from the phannie that threw the flare onto it - walloper

Agreed, does my head in, especially when the club mentioned ‘strict liability’ pre-match!

They need to start policing themselves, and not just in the European matches.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2023, 11:53 AM

Yup. We just can't have this any more ... I think the message is getting through though, Block 7 have clearly accepted it and as I understand it it was just a random kid last night who was pulled up by fans around him. My worry is when the Uglies and Hearts visit.

Considering how these pitches are constructed I'm curious as to how any burn marks will be dealt with .. that was a smoke bomb, I dread to think what damage a flare would do :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2023, 11:57 AM
just a young laddie apparently, probably feeling silly today and if he has access to social media he will realise his stupidity could cost the club a few quid

along with possibly some slight damage to a tiny part of the pitch

he'll hopefully learn something from his actions last night and regret what he did.

badabing67
11-08-2023, 11:59 AM
Interesting video - presumably the artificial fibres protrude a certain height & they need to always mow above that height?

Well that just makes sense..... Unlike the nuts throwing pyro's on the pitch to melt the fibres..... Stop it

staunchhibby
11-08-2023, 12:08 PM
pity he cant be identified and made to pay cost of pitch repair.We dont want his type.:bye:

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2023, 12:13 PM
pity he cant be identified and made to pay cost of pitch repair.We dont want his type.:bye:

As I understand it from other threads the kid was identified and chucked out the stadium. I also understand he was about 14 years old, I'm not a huge fan of punitive punishments for daft laddies .. maybe a ban until the end of the season or something.

McD
11-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Noticeable last night first half that quite a few wee dinks through the middle from them when attacking skidded long and out of play. Then it looked like at half time only the sprinklers in our defensive half were on (or at least on the longest?). Maybe I missed the rest of the pitch being watered but I wondered if that was a tactic to keep them attacking on a skiddy surface?

the sprinklers work their way up the pitch systematically, happened before kick off and at half time, so the full pitch gets it.

I only know because I was thinking the same before the kick off as it appears initially that only one end is getting watered, but then more appear

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 12:25 PM
As I understand it from other threads the kid was identified and chucked out the stadium. I also understand he was about 14 years old, I'm not a huge fan of punitive punishments for daft laddies .. maybe a ban until the end of the season or something.

What do you get when you chuck a flare
A fifty pound fine and a year's probation
And you get a kicking in the polis station
I'll never chuck a flare again.

To the tune of What do you get when you drink the wine (or fall in love).

CentreForward
11-08-2023, 12:28 PM
Can never understand the need for the sprinklers to be used so much. Noticed them on before the game started. Surely there’s been enough rain recently. Am I missing something?

Hibbyradge
11-08-2023, 12:28 PM
Can never understand the need for the sprinklers to be used so much. Noticed them on before the game started. Surely there’s been enough rain recently. Am I missing something?

It's to make the pitch slick

Not In The Know
11-08-2023, 12:30 PM

The pitch dries out really quickly and holds heat. A zippy surface is great for speedy players.

Irish_Steve
11-08-2023, 12:53 PM
Well that just makes sense..... Unlike the nuts throwing pyro's on the pitch to melt the fibres..... Stop it

May be we should be utilising the big screens with a massive message saying how much damage flares etc do to the pitch. If they come out of the away end, at least we can bill the offending team for any damage caused

Golden Bear
11-08-2023, 01:44 PM

If there are no consequences then there will be no deterrent to other bampots from doing the same thing in the future.

SON OF PADDY
11-08-2023, 02:16 PM
May be we should be utilising the big screens with a massive message saying how much damage flares etc do to the pitch. If they come out of the away end, at least we can bill the offending team for any damage caused

Don't you be coming on here, with your sensible ideas! 😉