PDA

View Full Version : Tynie allocation

BegbieHSC
28-05-2023, 12:10 PM
I see there’s big threads on kickback and elsewhere that the Big team, who are so big they never celebrate draws, believing that they are too big to give away the full Roseburn to us, so like their pals in Govan, want to cut the allocation.

One whiff of that Hun patter from them, and I’d go full circle and ban them from Easter Road.

The Edinburgh derby is now the best in Scotland for atmosphere (when the big team fans can be bothered standing up) but their weirdo fans want to stop that to bolster their delusions of grandeur.

Stubbsy90+2
28-05-2023, 12:11 PM
I see there’s big threads on kickback and elsewhere that the Big team, who are so big they never celebrate draws, believing that they are too big to give away the full Roseburn to us, so like their pals in Govan, want to cut the allocation.

One whiff of that Hun patter from them, and I’d go full circle and ban them from Easter Road.

The Edinburgh derby is now the best in Scotland for atmosphere (when the big team fans can be bothered standing up) but their weirdo fans want to stop that to bolster their delusions of grandeur.

I’d be stunned if either of us made any attempt to reduce the others allocation.

LunasBoots
28-05-2023, 12:11 PM
Won't happen, they know it will just be returned in kind and have a big tantrum.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2023, 12:22 PM
Jeezo. Pretty amazing stuff from the fans of 'tradition' FC that is it not? Not to mention stupid, if they were to do that Hibs would have to retaliate even if they had any doubts that Hibs fans would take up the extra tickets, our support wouldn't stand for anything less.

As another poster has alluded to, the Edinburgh derby has now overtaken the bigot fest as the best derby for atmosphere in Scotland due to the Uglies childish spat over allocations. Only the thickos who follow Golf club FC would be stupid enough to risk having their allocation for Easter Road slashed in an attempt to play the big club :lolyam:

Tambo
28-05-2023, 01:23 PM
Was plenty of empty seats in the home end yesterday.

Cat Stanton
28-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Is the title a deliberate pun? If so, nice one!

Hermit Crab
28-05-2023, 01:49 PM

Won't happen, fan forums don't run football clubs and decide on how many tickets teams get. If for some bizarre reason hearts did only give us 600 then there would absolutely no chance of a ST holder getting one unless they have signed up to Hibs first scheme. Its fully subscribed with 500 members so that 500 tickets gone right away, then the players and staff get some too. Block 7 would not get any either unless any of them are in the Hibs first scheme.

Plus, Hearts know if they do that then they will only get 600 tickets away in the upper tier.

Carheenlea
28-05-2023, 07:27 PM
Won't happen, fan forums don't run football clubs and decide on how many tickets teams get. If for some bizarre reason hearts did only give us 600 then there would absolutely no chance of a ST holder getting one unless they have signed up to Hibs first scheme. Its fully subscribed with 500 members so that 500 tickets gone right away, then the players and staff get some too. Block 7 would not get any either unless any of them are in the Hibs first scheme.

Plus, Hearts know if they do that then they will only get 600 tickets away in the upper tier.

In the unlikely event of Hearts ever doing so, I’d be sure that Hibs would refuse an allocation of 600 and decide not to take any tickets and issue no away tickets in return.

Never going to happen anyway.

dp00
28-05-2023, 08:49 PM
Will never happen , it’s safer to give the full stand plus it’s better for atmosphere

Hearts and Hibs for all there rivalry aren’t stupid and actually can work together when needed for the city and greater good of football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooster
29-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Spoke to a few yams after the game, they were impressed by the atmosphere we created. Maybe we are threatening their "intimidating and invincible" arena.

Pretty Boy
29-05-2023, 05:01 PM
I would really hate us to follow the pathetic tit for tat nonsense that has killed the atmosphere at the OF derby.

I wouldn't care less if we cut the allocations of Rangers and Celtic but the derby should always be a full away stand. People would desperately pretend otherwise but such posturing would ruin the occasion.

Hibernia&Alba
29-05-2023, 05:06 PM
I would really hate us to follow the pathetic tit for tat nonsense that has killed the atmosphere at the OF derby.

I wouldn't care less if we cut the allocations of Rangers and Celtic but the derby should always be a full away stand. People would desperately pretend otherwise but such posturing would ruin the occasion.

Fully agree with you. The Old Firm game has been badly diminished by the absence of away fans, IMO.

Keith_M
29-05-2023, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't take this too seriously, it's just the views of a few fans on social media.

HendoDelivered
29-05-2023, 05:14 PM
Fully agree with you. The Old Firm game has been badly diminished by the absence of away fans, IMO.

Agree with you both.

Carheenlea
29-05-2023, 05:21 PM

The Edinburgh derby is now the premier club derby in Scotland.

The Old Firm (league) game is now completely uninteresting and unwatchable to anyone other than Old Firm fans. What attracted neutrals attention has been eradicated by the policy for token or non allocation for visiting fans.

southern hibby
29-05-2023, 10:06 PM
Someone told me Hearts have a waiting list for season tickets.

IF this is true and they sold X amount of seats in the away end to the punters on this list, that would generate far more money than selling the whole away end to us twice a season.

GGTTH

Smartie
30-05-2023, 03:34 AM

Agree totally.

I would say though that both sets of fans need to realise that there’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed and that the line has been crossed a few times in recent years. By that I mean fans striking out at Cabraja and that ropey Hearts keeper and any of the racist or sectarian abuse doled out to Bartley, Lennon and co over the years.

If that is allowed to continue then we must accept the possibility of sanction which makes the game a poorer spectacle for all of us.

I have no problem with an atmosphere being “lively” and I don’t even have a problem with Hearts, their fans and their ball boys killing the game on Saturday, they’re perfectly entitled to, but we need to acknowledge when a line is crossed and it was crossed at the weekend with Cabraja.

JimBHibees
30-05-2023, 05:24 AM
Agree totally.

I would say though that both sets of fans need to realise that there’s a line that shouldn’t be crossed and that the line has been crossed a few times in recent years. By that I mean fans striking out at Cabraja and that ropey Hearts keeper and any of the racist or sectarian abuse doled out to Bartley, Lennon and co over the years.

If that is allowed to continue then we must accept the possibility of sanction which makes the game a poorer spectacle for all of us.

I have no problem with an atmosphere being “lively” and I don’t even have a problem with Hearts, their fans and their ball boys killing the game on Saturday, they’re perfectly entitled to, but we need to acknowledge when a line is crossed and it was crossed at the weekend with Cabraja.

The level of behaviour from both fans has got worse year on year I think. Loads of missiles getting thrown and players being hit with them not great. Wee bit of a move by in the main younger fans to make it a bit old firmy with tricolour and Union Jack's more obvious. The sectarian element increased also imo primarily from Hearts but not solely.

Hermit Crab
30-05-2023, 10:43 AM
Someone told me Hearts have a waiting list for season tickets.

IF this is true and they sold X amount of seats in the away end to the punters on this list, that would generate far more money than selling the whole away end to us twice a season.

GGTTH

They sell season tickets in the roseburn stand that includes all games except home game v Hibs plus any cup games where the whole end must be allocated. They do however open up the ticket exchange for derbies with those fans with the cat B season tickets getting first dibs on any availability elsewhere in the ground.

Carheenlea
30-05-2023, 09:27 PM
They sell season tickets in the roseburn stand that includes all games except home game v Hibs plus any cup games where the whole end must be allocated. They do however open up the ticket exchange for derbies with those fans with the cat B season tickets getting first dibs on any availability elsewhere in the ground.

I’d assume they wouldn’t be getting cup games on the ST though?

The chance to buy your seat obviously not always guaranteed for every cup game.

I wonder if that’s reflected in the price of a ST and it’s more than just two (cat A) games cheaper?

Say for example Hibs offered non-derby ST’s in South for £90 cheaper for an adult, could we shift 2000 of them to justify reducing the allocations for Rangers and Celtic? I think it could be a realistic target if marketed properly.

at last 61
31-05-2023, 04:36 PM
If the SFA had any balls they would cut capacity by not allowing any fans in the first two or three rows after that assault

Libby Hibby
31-05-2023, 04:50 PM
If the SFA had any balls they would cut capacity by not allowing any fans in the first two or three rows after that assault

Do the SFA have the power to do this?

Diclonius
31-05-2023, 05:03 PM

Or insist on a two metre chain fence.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Do the SFA have the power to do this?

No, and it wont happen anyway. Tynie is a brilliant stadium for atmosphere and as long as we continue to get the whole end it will remain my favourite away fixture. Fans just need to reign it in a bit and behave on match days though. Everyone who goes has the power to contain themselves.

Kato
31-05-2023, 06:23 PM
Everyone who goes has the power to contain themselves.

Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

MelbourneHibees
03-06-2023, 06:59 PM
Went on to keekback to read their tears after Celtic secured our Euro spot and see that they are that raging they would rather talk about calling for Hearts to restrict us at Tynie because they've sold 15k STs than address their capitulation and lack of manager.

JohnM1875
03-06-2023, 07:01 PM
Went on to keekback to read their tears after Celtic secured our Euro spot and see that they are that raging they would rather talk about calling for Hearts to restrict us at Tynie because they've sold 15k STs than address their capitulation and lack of manager.

15k season tickets it impressive to be fair to them. Especially considering they bottled third.

Diclonius
03-06-2023, 07:03 PM
15k season tickets is a tremendous effort by them, sorry.

If they want to cut our allocation they're well within their right, but I would hope that the mutual agreement continues. The derby has the best atmosphere in Scottish football because we give each other a decent amount of tickets.

MelbourneHibees
03-06-2023, 07:10 PM
15k season tickets is a tremendous effort by them, sorry.

If they want to cut our allocation they're well within their right, but I would hope that the mutual agreement continues. The derby has the best atmosphere in Scottish football because we give each other a decent amount of tickets.
Agreed.

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2023, 06:43 PM
Jambos being Jambos. Idiotic, sexually insecure adolescents nervously showing each other their penises in the toilets. Even their own daft board will ignore their insignificant slaverings.

Dashing Bob S
04-06-2023, 06:43 PM
Jambos being Jambos. Idiotic, sexually insecure adolescents nervously showing each other their penises in the toilets. Even their own daft board will ignore their insignificant slaverings. Best ignored.

son of haggart
04-06-2023, 08:08 PM
I’d assume they wouldn’t be getting cup games on the ST though?

The chance to buy your seat obviously not always guaranteed for every cup game.

I wonder if that’s reflected in the price of a ST and it’s more than just two (cat A) games cheaper?

Say for example Hibs offered non-derby ST’s in South for £90 cheaper for an adult, could we shift 2000 of them to justify reducing the allocations for Rangers and Celtic? I think it could be a realistic target if marketed properly.

As away fans have to be allocated up to 20% for Scottish Cup games the Roseburn ST holders potentially don't get the chance to buy their seat for cup games. ST holders in the other three stands do.

Hermit Crab
05-06-2023, 10:52 AM
Hearts have already sold ST's in the Roseburn stand which do NOT include derbies so the allocation cut is not happening, and nor should it.

southern hibby
05-06-2023, 11:03 AM
Hearts have already sold ST's in the Roseburn stand which do NOT include derbies so the allocation cut is not happening, and nor should it.

Not saying it should Hermit, but let’s be honest at any time they want they can always add our fixture to their fans season tickets, if they want too.

Nothing is a certainty with that mob.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
05-06-2023, 11:20 AM
Not saying it should Hermit, but let’s be honest at any time they want they can always add our fixture to their fans season tickets, if they want too.

Nothing is a certainty with that mob.

GGTTH

They will not cut the allocation as they'll just accused of being a mini rangers takin the hump, plus they know the same thing will happen at Easter rd. All that does is dilute a very good fixture in the football calendar.

MelbourneHibees
05-06-2023, 12:12 PM
They will not cut the allocation as they'll just accused of being a mini rangers takin the hump, plus they know the same thing will happen at Easter rd. All that does is dilute a very good fixture in the football calendar.
Taking the hump over what?

southern hibby
05-06-2023, 12:58 PM

Hermit,

I’m not for one second saying it will happen but be honest it could if their fans started screaming that they’re paying for season tickets and not getting the derby.

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
05-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Hermit,

I’m not for one second saying it will happen but be honest it could if their fans started screaming that they’re paying for season tickets and not getting the derby.

GGTTH

The season tickets that don't include the derby are £50 cheaper than the rest of the ground.

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2023, 01:32 PM
The season tickets that don't include the derby are £50 cheaper than the rest of the ground.

I can’t get my head around buying a ST that doesn’t include the biggest games of the season, I would never do it.

JamesHFC
05-06-2023, 02:16 PM
Wouldn't splitting the away stand just mean more money for policing and less tickets sold for segregation?

I can't see the FOH wanting to jeopardise 2,000 tickets for a match at Easter Road.

Steven79
05-06-2023, 02:42 PM
I can’t get my head around buying a ST that doesn’t include the biggest games of the season, I would never do it.

You are looking for sense from people that purchased Hearts season ticket over Hibs? :wink:

DH1875
05-06-2023, 03:26 PM
Given that these games don't seem to be on the TV anymore, clubs cutting the amount of tickets away fans get would be a nightmare.

Stuart93
05-06-2023, 03:44 PM
Let’s leave the less tickets for away fans in a derby to the uglies

Hermit Crab
05-06-2023, 05:18 PM

Under Mowbray and maybe Collins we sold ST's in the South stand that didn't include Hearts, Rangers or Celtic games.

Green Man
06-06-2023, 09:21 AM
Under Mowbray and maybe Collins we sold ST's in the South stand that didn't include Hearts, Rangers or Celtic games.

As a fair few folk on here have alluded to, there are empty seats in the FF stand even for these matches as folk don’t want to take their kids to them. Bringing back these season tickets (category B as they were called at the time) would be ideal for those folk.

Scouse Hibee
06-06-2023, 10:23 AM

Yes I know we did mate, just couldn’t do it myself.