PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cadden ruptured achilles

McGruber
27-05-2023, 11:45 PM
Awful injury for Cadden. That's going to likely be a year out, most if not all next season. Hopefully not but doesn't look good.

Vault Boy
28-05-2023, 03:08 AM
Gutted for Cadds, he was a real miss when he went off today too. I’m sure he’ll get all the support he deserves during his recovery.

I know every team has their injury complaints, but we really do have it rough. Nisbet, Boyle, and Cadden all missing portions of this season with ACL ruptures, it’s completely mad.

JimBHibees
28-05-2023, 07:49 AM
Gutted for Cadds, he was a real miss when he went off today too. I’m sure he’ll get all the support he deserves during his recovery.

I know every team has their injury complaints, but we really do have it rough. Nisbet, Boyle, and Cadden all missing portions of this season with ACL ruptures, it’s completely mad.

Agree shame for the guy really love his attitude and never hides. Hopefully prognosis not as bad as thought however certainly looked in a lot of pain. Absolutely missed him when he went off.

CentreLine
28-05-2023, 08:02 AM
Until referees start taking action against these hammer thrower teams we will always see dreadful injuries from these games. Shankland’s assault on Miller early on was allowed to go and as good an example of soft refereeing as we could ask for. Deliberately running a stud down the Achilles of an opponent is way too common. Sadly we see this world wide and it seems to be an acceptable part of the game.

JimBHibees
28-05-2023, 08:03 AM
Until referees start taking action against these hammer thrower teams we will always see dreadful injuries from these games. Shankland’s assault on Miller early on was allowed to go and as good an example of soft refereeing as we could ask for. Deliberately running a stud down the Achilles of an opponent is way too common. Sadly we see this world wide and it seems to be an acceptable part of the game.

Didn't look like anything in the challenge on Cadden

CentreLine
28-05-2023, 08:11 AM
Didn't look like anything in the challenge on Cadden

Maybe not the final one. I
Don’t have access the the whole game but pretty sure it will have happened. Every team is at it despite the fact it can be career ending

Is It On....
28-05-2023, 09:39 AM
Awful injury for Cadden. That's going to likely be a year out, most if not all next season. Hopefully not but doesn't look good.

With intensive physio everyday it will be 8-10 weeks before he starts light training (mid August). If all goes well he will be back to proper training in September so assuming no set backs he could be in the first team squad by October.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2023, 09:42 AM
With intensive physio everyday it will be 8-10 weeks before he starts light training (mid August). If all goes well he will be back to proper training in September so assuming no set backs he could be in the first team squad by October.

Depends if he needs an op or not!

Is It On....
28-05-2023, 10:28 AM
Depends if he needs an op or not!

An operation is optional as takes the same recovery time and is really a matter of individual choice - I unfortunately have done it twice and the second time the physio was someone who used to work for Spurs and that was his take on it. Level of recovery is the real issue as Christian Doidge was never the same after his Achilles injury.

HIBS NUTS
28-05-2023, 10:43 AM
The french/algerian centreforward that played for us, had the same injury, he was never the same player again. 😞

Diclonius
28-05-2023, 11:34 AM
The french/algerian centreforward that played for us, had the same injury, he was never the same player again. 😞

El Alagui?

HIBS NUTS
28-05-2023, 11:45 AM
El Alagui?

Aye
on one of they plastic pitches 😞

Stubbsy90+2
28-05-2023, 11:47 AM
Another injury?

Well I never. Said it a few times in here but we really need to be looking into our medical/physio team and their competence. You don’t get this many injuries and all the ridiculous scenarios around a lot of our injuries by pure bad luck.

BlackSheep
28-05-2023, 11:48 AM
Agree shame for the guy really love his attitude and never hides. Hopefully prognosis not as bad as thought however certainly looked in a lot of pain. Absolutely missed him when he went off.

ACL and Achilles are 2 different things, sorry to be pedantic.

I’d also point out that Boyle’s injury was kind of Kenneh’s fault.

BoomtownHibees
28-05-2023, 11:52 AM
Another injury?

Well I never. Said it a few times in here but we really need to be looking into our medical/physio team and their competence. You don’t get this many injuries and all the ridiculous scenarios around a lot of our injuries by pure bad luck.

I get your point in general but surely the 2 yesterday to Cadden and JDH can only be put down to bad luck?

Stubbsy90+2
28-05-2023, 11:56 AM
I get your point in general but surely the 2 yesterday to Cadden and JDH can only be put down to bad luck?

I’ve not seen these specific incidents, but as a general point something is really off with our injury record.

Lago
28-05-2023, 11:56 AM
Not if you want to spin it a certain way.

Stubbsy90+2
28-05-2023, 11:59 AM
Not if you want to spin it a certain way.

It doesn’t need any spin. The record speaks for itself.

We have guys training with broken ankles (JDH)

We have guys signing with ACL injuries that we miss whilst writing off 7 figure fees to sign them. The minute someone else takes care of them the injury is quickly found. (Boyle)

We have guys that as far as we’re concerned are fit yet they fail medicals at other clubs because their rehab hasn’t been dealt with sufficiently (Nisbet)

We have guys like Magennis who we have injured for months with our medical team being unable to even tell Jack Ross what he’s even injured with.

We have Porteous getting sent back onto the pitch numerous times against Rangers despite everyone in the stadium being able to see he’s absolutely ****ed and then he is out for the season after the game.

There’s probably countless other examples that I’ve forgot off the top of my head, but how’s that for ‘spin’?

As I said, you don’t have a record like ours by coincidence. There’s no ‘spin’ needed. We have an atrocious record of dealing with injuries.

Allant1981
28-05-2023, 12:34 PM

Yip 100%, absolutely nothing to do with the medical team

Smartie
28-05-2023, 03:09 PM

Chris Killen had this injury too iirc.

We nursed him back to fitness before he f'd off to Celtic for nowt as soon as he'd recovered.

PHeffernan
28-05-2023, 04:13 PM
Another injury?

We had 4 bad injuries this season:
McGeady did his ACL and hamstring with no one near him.
Big Kenneh fell on the knee joint of Boyle
Cadden appeared to do his achilles on landing yesterday.

Think it's a magician you are looking for instead of a medical team to repair these major injuries.

I think your concern is probably about the pelvic injury of Magennis that has been running for over 18 month now.
Hard to blame the medical team for not resolving it without knowing all the facts but I agree it is massively frustrating given the players ability.
On the upside perma crocked McGeady and Kukharevych won't be our problem next season.

cameronw-hfc
28-05-2023, 04:21 PM
Chris Killen had this injury too iirc.

We nursed him back to fitness before he f'd off to Celtic for nowt as soon as he'd recovered.

Farid in fairness was a lot more serious than most I've seen/heard at hibs. By the time he had recovered his knees ended up playing up and we found out he had next to no cartilage left in his knee as well.

(Also quoted the wrong comment my bad)

King conrad
28-05-2023, 06:52 PM

Not bad for the professionals! I got stuck in a boot and couldn't walk for 4 month. It's never been the same and my calf has never recovered. Bad injury for a footballer to get

Iain G
28-05-2023, 06:55 PM
It doesn’t need any spin. The record speaks for itself.

We have guys training with broken ankles (JDH)

We have guys signing with ACL injuries that we miss whilst writing off 7 figure fees to sign them. The minute someone else takes care of them the injury is quickly found. (Boyle)

We have guys that as far as we’re concerned are fit yet they fail medicals at other clubs because their rehab hasn’t been dealt with sufficiently (Nisbet)

We have guys like Magennis who we have injured for months with our medical team being unable to even tell Jack Ross what he’s even injured with.

We have Porteous getting sent back onto the pitch numerous times against Rangers despite everyone in the stadium being able to see he’s absolutely ****ed and then he is out for the season after the game.

There’s probably countless other examples that I’ve forgot off the top of my head, but how’s that for ‘spin’?

As I said, you don’t have a record like ours by coincidence. There’s no ‘spin’ needed. We have an atrocious record of dealing with injuries.

Are you still spinning this nonsense? Am sure it was Hibs penny pinching by not paying for Harley Street Doctors to be at the ground and training centre 24/7 the last time 🤣

I'm Spartacus
28-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Many thread titles make me shudder, but this more than most :(

I'd rather it never happened at all (obviously), but rather the last game than the first game, speedy recovery big man.

JimBHibees
29-05-2023, 06:10 AM
ACL and Achilles are 2 different things, sorry to be pedantic.

I’d also point out that Boyle’s injury was kind of Kenneh’s fault.

Was just making a general point not indicating it was an acl given the thread heading though appreciate the post I responded to mentioned acl

JimBHibees
29-05-2023, 06:12 AM

Think it's a magician you are looking for instead of a medical team to repair these major injuries.

I think your concern is probably about the pelvic injury of Magennis that has been running for over 18 month now.
Hard to blame the medical team for not resolving it without knowing all the facts but I agree it is massively frustrating given the players ability.
On the upside perma crocked McGeady and Kukharevych won't be our problem next season.

Thought McGeady was a hamstring only

Stubbsy90+2
29-05-2023, 10:10 AM
Are you still spinning this nonsense? Am sure it was Hibs penny pinching by not paying for Harley Street Doctors to be at the ground and training centre 24/7 the last time 🤣

Are you sure of that, aye?

You go find that post you’re so sure of and put a link on here to it. I’ll wait.

Stubbsy90+2
29-05-2023, 10:14 AM

No, not a magician. Just a medical team with a level of competency.

Iain G
29-05-2023, 11:30 AM
Are you sure of that, aye?

You go find that post you’re so sure of and put a link on here to it. I’ll wait.

Sorry but I have better things to be doing with my day 🤣

Stubbsy90+2
29-05-2023, 12:52 PM
Sorry but I have better things to be doing with my day 🤣

In other words you completely made it up.

CapitalGreen
29-05-2023, 12:56 PM
No, not a magician. Just a medical team with a level of competency.

How would a competent medical team have prevented Cadden landing awkwardly and rupturing his Achilles?

Iain G
29-05-2023, 01:04 PM
In other words you completely made it up.

Nah I just can't be ****ed trawling back through your posts, it's far too nice a sunny Monday holiday for that kind of gloom.

Edit: But here you go, quick search and you are all over the Boyle injury thread saying our medical team are inept and what are we paying them for and that we were pennypinching...or some such nonsense

Anyway am sure you will disagree so let's leave it here as I can't be bothered now 🤣

Stubbsy90+2
29-05-2023, 02:12 PM
Nah I just can't be ****ed trawling back through your posts, it's far too nice a sunny Monday holiday for that kind of gloom.

Edit: But here you go, quick search and you are all over the Boyle injury thread saying our medical team are inept and what are we paying them for and that we were pennypinching...or some such nonsense

Anyway am sure you will disagree so let's leave it here as I can't be bothered now 🤣

So no mention of Harley Street doctors or 24/7 staff then? So your post was completely made up?

PHeffernan
29-05-2023, 10:20 PM
Thought McGeady was a hamstring only

McGeady did his ACL making a pass in the friendly against Norwich and after returning for 9 games did his hamstring running hard up the left wing. His body has clearly served him notice to quit.

JimBHibees
30-05-2023, 05:50 AM
McGeady did his ACL making a pass in the friendly against Norwich and after returning for 9 games did his hamstring running hard up the left wing. His body has clearly served him notice to quit.

Can remember him getting clattered v Norwich no way he injured his acl though maybe another ligament as would have been out much longer imo

PHeffernan
30-05-2023, 08:32 PM
Can remember him getting clattered v Norwich no way he injured his acl though maybe another ligament as would have been out much longer imo

Your right, at the time of the injury it was described as a reoccurrence of the medial ligament damage he sustained to his knee the previous season.
McGeady himself said he sustained the injury against Norwich whilst making a pass. He wasn't clattered. He received the ball with his back to an opponent and made to turn to play the ball off in the course of which he collapsed in a painful heep.

Since452
01-06-2023, 10:17 AM
LJ hopeful of having JDH back for the start of pre season. He's been unfortunate with injuries Jake. I think there's a right good player in there.

Lago
01-06-2023, 10:48 AM
Cadden out for significant time following surgery on his achilles, shame for the boy, I know he's not everyone's favourite but I do like him.

Donegal Hibby
01-06-2023, 11:02 AM
Cadden out for significant time following surgery on his achilles, shame for the boy, I know he's not everyone's favourite but I do like him.
I'm a big fan of Cadden . He's a player that never hides and gives his all for the team . A big miss imo . Speedy recovery Chris 👍

JimBHibees
01-06-2023, 12:18 PM

So do I great attitude and underrated imo.

HendoDelivered
01-06-2023, 12:55 PM

Really like Cadds too. Hopefully this doesn’t have too much of an impact on his mobility/agility for him coming back. They kinds of injuries can sometimes have long term effects.

basehibby
01-06-2023, 01:08 PM
Absolute nightmare for Chris and a big loss to the team. Best wishes for a smooth and swift recovery!

Donegal Hibby
01-06-2023, 01:23 PM
Interesting read on caddens stats and just goes to show how much he's gonna be missed.
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/inside-chris-cadden-stunning-hibs-27035150

Lago
01-06-2023, 08:15 PM
So do I great attitude and underrated imo.
Absolutely

Baldy Foghorn
03-06-2023, 04:45 PM
Brutal injury, I like Cadds as a player.

GreenNWhiteArmy
24-10-2023, 04:17 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1716831914273710093?t=VmPhigQA5AqiOPGePXBgHw&s=19

Back out running. Nice to see him welcomed back by the players like this.

Miller established himself under Monty but competition for places is great

Hibbyradge
24-10-2023, 04:21 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1716831914273710093?t=VmPhigQA5AqiOPGePXBgHw&s=19

That's great to see. Thanks for posting.

J-C
24-10-2023, 04:22 PM

Seen it 10 mins ago on FB, good to see him back.

wookie70
24-10-2023, 04:50 PM
Great to see him back and brilliant to see the welcome he got.

Smartie
24-10-2023, 05:07 PM
Pretty impressive for him to be at this stage with his rehabilitation from such a terrible injury.

I really like him, he’s a good player. I’ve never really seen him as a full back or figured out how he plays in the same team as Martin Boyle though…

Donegal Hibby
24-10-2023, 05:09 PM
Great to see one of our better players on the way back . More competition for the right side preferably RW or RM .

Diclonius
24-10-2023, 05:19 PM
Good stuff.

JohnM1875
24-10-2023, 05:44 PM

****ing love stuff like that!! 💚

Ryan91
24-10-2023, 06:07 PM
Great to see one of our better players on the way back . More competition for the right side preferably RW or RM .

Definitely an option at RM in a more defensive setup when we expect to have less of the ball, though suppose the question there is what to do with Boyle? Drop to the bench or play him up front?

MWHIBBIES
24-10-2023, 06:23 PM
Perfect right mid in a 442

Donegal Hibby
24-10-2023, 06:34 PM
Definitely an option at RM in a more defensive setup when we expect to have less of the ball, though suppose the question there is what to do with Boyle? Drop to the bench or play him up front?

Hard to drop Boyle when he on his game though if we had Cadden on the bench Saturday I think I'd have put Cadden on for Boyle .

Definitely like to see Cadden in the team at RM , so probably put Boyle upfront though would him and Vente make a good partnership? .

J-C
24-10-2023, 06:37 PM
Pretty impressive for him to be at this stage with his rehabilitation from such a terrible injury.

I really like him, he’s a good player. I’ve never really seen him as a full back or figured out how he plays in the same team as Martin Boyle though…

RM with Boyle through the middle.

J-C
24-10-2023, 06:41 PM
Hard to drop Boyle when he on his game though if we had Cadden on the bench Saturday I think I'd have put Cadden on for Boyle .

Definitely like to see Cadden in the team at RM , so probably put Boyle upfront though would him and Vente make a good partnership? .

Vente likes to drop a bit deeper and both are quite nippy, defenders hate pace, add Youan to that too.

Blaster
24-10-2023, 06:43 PM
Hopefully back playing in January

lyonhibs
24-10-2023, 07:16 PM
Good player to have in the squad, don't want to see him become a regular at right back though.

Donegal Hibby
24-10-2023, 09:00 PM
Good player to have in the squad, don't want to see him become a regular at right back though.

Even though Cadden has played at RB a fair bit i never actually thought he was a RB . Always thought he was a RM who could play as RW too .

Since452
25-10-2023, 08:10 AM
I think Cadden would be more suited to the system Montgomery is insisting on playing tbh. Would give us a bit better defensive shape out of possession.

Partyraiser
25-10-2023, 08:26 AM
I've always thought Cadden would look better at RM in a 442. Having him back will allow Monty to solidify his preferred formation by putting Obita and Cadden ahead of the full backs and playing 1 of Boyle or Youan up front with Vente

Fergus52
25-10-2023, 10:51 AM
I've always thought Cadden would look better at RM in a 442. Having him back will allow Monty to solidify his preferred formation by putting Obita and Cadden ahead of the full backs and playing 1 of Boyle or Youan up front with Vente

Would be happy with one of Boyle or Youan not starting in the midfield 4, to give us a bit more defensive stability.

But having Cadden and Obita both playing as our wingers would completely nullify our attacking threat.

Nearly all of our effective vertical progression comes from Boyle and Youan taking players on - Cadden and Obita are both nowhere near as good at dribbling and beating players 1v1 imo.

Dmas
25-10-2023, 10:56 AM
Just read the hibs observer article on our winger issues, didn’t realise Boyle and possibly now miller would be away at Asia cup here’s hoping we can get cadds back for then

The Sundance Kid
25-10-2023, 11:31 AM
Just read the hibs observer article on our winger issues, didn’t realise Boyle and possibly now miller would be away at Asia cup here’s hoping we can get cadds back for then

I think there’s a good chance that Bushiri and Wollacott will be away with their countries at the Africa Cup of Nations at the same time also, so we could be short staffed for a bit of January/February.

The winter break will help a bit with this but looking at the dates of the tournament, we will probably be without the players away for a couple of games minimum and up to about 5 matches if their countries go far in the tournaments.

cameronw-hfc
25-10-2023, 11:51 AM
Vente likes to drop a bit deeper and both are quite nippy, defenders hate pace, add Youan to that too.

Mentioned it before but I think Villa are a good example of how we could play the 442 and have success with it. Put Boyle up top, ask him to play the role Diaby plays for Villa, ie, the forward that will drop deep and out wide to create space for Vente and the wingers to come inside more effectively.

I don't think it works as well with Doidge/Alf as I think defenders allow them to have more space due to not really driving at them. Let Boyle or Youan play that role and I think its a different story.

Cadden would be ideal for the RM role in a 442 imo.

Donegal Hibby
27-10-2023, 08:25 PM
Update on injured players . Apologies if already seen .
https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/update-on-cadden-mckirdy

Bakerman
13-02-2024, 12:51 AM
Great piece here on Chris's recuperation. Displays a club togetherness and harmony.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/it-was-emotional-returning-hibs-star-wowed-by-team-mates-show-of-support-4513646

PHeffernan
13-02-2024, 01:46 AM
Great piece here on Chris's recuperation. Displays a club togetherness and harmony.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/it-was-emotional-returning-hibs-star-wowed-by-team-mates-show-of-support-4513646

A powder puff piece.
I like this stunning inaccuracy in the story

"Cadden, who was stretchered off the Easter Road pitch in the final game of last season, a 1-1 draw with Hearts"

Journalistic standards are poor. This guy is the Hibs specialist at the Evening News!
He is no Patrick McPartlin.

patlowe
13-02-2024, 12:09 PM
Easy to forget that Cadden has played as a central midfielder in his time and, I may be wrong, he was in there towards the end of last season and was doing well before his injury. Legs and energy, which we've really lacked in that position over recent years.

JimBHibees
14-02-2024, 09:07 AM

Agree decent article. Certainly adds to our squad depth

basehibby
14-02-2024, 10:17 AM
Great to have Cads back in the squad - as others have noted, I think he'll fit in well with the way Monty likes to play. He gets forward to the byline well and gets a lot of crosses in and I could see him combining very well ahead of Miller on the right - overlapping and tracking back as needed to provide a threat while not leaving the back door open so much.

Bakerman
14-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Agree decent article. Certainly adds to our squad depth

Definitely. I was really impressed by Chris's story of especially the behind the scenes staff, and his team mates etc, whom showed a real comradeship and determination to help his recovery as much as they possibly could. I appreciate that would be the expected behaviour, however, it was for me, not something that you read about very often, and it was great to hear Chris talk about it.

Also, it seems that Chris has been around football for a lot longer than he has, and its great that he's still only 27. He has at least 5 years good football from him, if staying relatively clear of serious injuries. Well done Chris and to all the staff who helped him in his recovery.

PatHead
14-02-2024, 11:01 AM
Great to have him back. Almost like a new signing.