PDA

View Full Version : Eddie May

BSEJVT
25-05-2023, 05:25 PM
Is Eddie May still at Hibs?

Never hear his name mentioned in anything to do with us, The Academy or East Mains

Billy Whizz
25-05-2023, 05:34 PM
Is Eddie May still at Hibs?

Never hear his name mentioned in anything to do with us, The Academy or East Mains

Last I heard he was the “Loans players” manager. Saw him at big Frank’s funeral, but didn’t manage to have a chat

BSEJVT
25-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Last I heard he was the “Loans players” manager. Saw him at big Frank’s funeral, but didn’t manage to have a chat

Sounds like a make busy job, maybe under contract for longer and rather than pay him off maybe they are trying to sicken him or let his contract run down.

The fact that he is never referred to does not bode well for him IMO.

Hibbyradge
25-05-2023, 05:48 PM
He's the loan player manager. :agree:

Kelvin de Lang does that job for Manchester City. Just saying...

CapitalGreen
25-05-2023, 06:02 PM
Sounds like a make busy job, maybe under contract for longer and rather than pay him off maybe they are trying to sicken him or let his contract run down.

Are academy staff on fixed term contracts?

Billy Whizz
25-05-2023, 06:11 PM

I’m sure Eddie is an employee. He’s a man I have a lot of time for. Old school but respected by the players. Always done well for Hibs when he’s been asked to step up to manage the team, when a manager has been removed

Hibs4185
25-05-2023, 06:17 PM
I live down in Galashiels and I seen him all the time. Always on the phone so he looks busy enough!

25-05-2023, 06:36 PM
I live down in Galashiels and I seen him all the time. Always on the phone so he looks busy enough!

Probably trying to ensure the weird guy that's always staring at him doesn't come over and talk to him. 😃

tamig
25-05-2023, 06:40 PM

He’s always right in the mix whenever we are “between” managers so why would they be trying to constructively dismiss him - which is what you seem to be suggesting?

BSEJVT
26-05-2023, 06:42 AM
He’s always right in the mix whenever we are “between” managers so why would they be trying to constructively dismiss him - which is what you seem to be suggesting?

I just find it a bit strange that he is never ever mentioned or referred to.

hibee1875
26-05-2023, 06:51 AM
I just find it a bit strange that he is never ever mentioned or referred to.

If his role is loan manager what content to you expect on him? Maybe he’s happy being back room staff. I’m sure if he wanted to be a first team coach or a manager he’d have found something else

BSEJVT
26-05-2023, 08:03 AM
If his role is loan manager what content to you expect on him? Maybe he’s happy being back room staff. I’m sure if he wanted to be a first team coach or a manager he’d have found something else

I think, but stand to be corrected, that at one time he was in charge at East Mains, if that is the case then I find his apparent demotion and the lack of narrative around it all just to be a wee bit strange.

For the avoidance of all doubt I am not damning the guy or the club here, I just find his apparent silent disappearance from a more responsible role curious and was wondering if anyone knew the story.

BILLYHIBS
26-05-2023, 08:27 AM
Eddie May the reluctant Manager

A quiet type who likes to avoid the limelight and beaver away in the background going about his business

Loves the Hibs

Great to see all of these Hibs minded Coaches at the Club passing on their wealth of knowledge and experience