PDA

View Full Version : Gareth Evans

J-C
25-05-2023, 02:18 PM
Notice he's been made new Academy Director, some reconstructing since Kean left, knows the workings of the club well so a smooth transition.

Since452
25-05-2023, 02:19 PM
A huge childhood favorite. Really glad to still see him doing well at the club.

Jones28
25-05-2023, 03:04 PM
Whassat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5VjToTpFv8&t=142s

About 20 seconds in

overdrive
25-05-2023, 03:09 PM
He is probably fit enough to still play! He was by far the fittest of the retired players (and fitter than even some of those still playing) at the legends game during the World Cup break.

Congratulations to him.

LaMotta
25-05-2023, 06:24 PM
His ability to win a penalty by going down without looking like it was a dive was unparalleled.

tamig
25-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Still remember his fabulous diving header debut goal after signing from Rotherham. Think he was only 19 at the time. A great servant on the pitch for a number of years with plenty of pace to burn. His finishing was a bit suspect at times but still scored some big goals for us and glad he ended up getting a League Cup winning medal with us in 91.

HibbyAndy
25-05-2023, 06:50 PM
Still remember his fabulous diving header debut goal after signing from Rotherham. Think he was only 19 at the time. A great servant on the pitch for a number of years with plenty of pace to burn. His finishing was a bit suspect at times but still scored some big goals for us and glad he ended up getting a League Cup winning medal with us in 91.

He was absolutely rapid ! Great servant to hibs and cannae believe that diving header on his debut was 35 years ago !!! It was a hibs kids game in the west with wooden seats

He's a really sound guy Gareth , He really is , All the best

Billy Whizz
25-05-2023, 06:50 PM

Gareth was a worker, chased down every lost ball. As you say not prolific, but was a fans favourite

Jim44
25-05-2023, 06:52 PM
Evans really gets Hibs. A great servant on and off the pitch.

Glory Lurker
25-05-2023, 07:01 PM
He is probably fit enough to still play! He was by far the fittest of the retired players (and fitter than even some of those still playing) at the legends game during the World Cup break.

Congratulations to him.

He housed with JC back in the day. Won't have been many chippies eaten in that place.

lyonhibs
25-05-2023, 07:23 PM
One of my favourite players as a kid, ran his absolute bollocks off for the team. Great that he's at the club having a role to play with the youngsters

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-05-2023, 07:29 PM
Alex Miller said that he jumps like a giraffe.

Bridge hibs
25-05-2023, 07:32 PM
Alex Miller said that he jumps like a giraffe.

And what did he say about Gareth ? 😀

Kato
25-05-2023, 07:40 PM
He had a great season or so he had playing alongside Archigol. Struck up a great partnership.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
25-05-2023, 07:44 PM
"Good Evans, it's Gareth".

I can't miss an opportunity to use that old headline.

HibbyAndy
25-05-2023, 07:51 PM
"Good Evans, it's Gareth".

I can't miss an opportunity to use that old headline.

:agree:

Was used in many , Many Pink news papers headlines on a saturday

darwenhibby
25-05-2023, 10:32 PM
Gareth was kind of before his time
Imagine trying to play from the back with Gareth Evans pressing??

BILLYHIBS
26-05-2023, 05:54 AM
Hibs went to sign David Platt and came back with Gareth Evans

David who ?

Great servant loved watching him play fantastic energy boundless enthusiasm and pace chasing down lost causes the ideal role model

Hibbyradge
26-05-2023, 08:47 AM
Hibs went to sign David Platt and came back with Gareth Evans

David who ?

Great servant loved watching him play fantastic energy boundless enthusiasm and pace chasing down lost causes the ideal role model

Miller said that Platt wasn't fast enough for our league, iirc!

BILLYHIBS
26-05-2023, 08:53 AM
Miller said that Platt wasn't fast enough for our league, iirc!

Went down to watch Crewe and there was some funny business over the fee IIRC and remembered the standout Rotherham left winger who played against Crewe that night

The rest as they say is history

weecounty hibby
26-05-2023, 09:00 AM
Went down to watch Crewe and there was some funny business over the fee IIRC and remembered the standout Rotherham left winger who played against Crewe that night

The rest as they say is history

From memory I believe a fee was agreed for Platt but then Crewe wanted to add an extra 50k on and Mikker told them to bolt. I also think that Platt may not have been fully committed to the move either. Anyway, Gareth won the League Cup in Scotland, something Platt never managed!!

BILLYHIBS
26-05-2023, 09:04 AM
From memory I believe a fee was agreed for Platt but then Crewe wanted to add an extra 50k on and Mikker told them to bolt. I also think that Platt may not have been fully committed to the move either. Anyway, Gareth won the League Cup in Scotland, something Platt never managed!!

👍

That is how I remember it

JimBHibees
26-05-2023, 09:17 AM

Think once Villa came in we were goosed.