PDA

View Full Version : After the split

HIBS NUTS
24-05-2023, 02:39 PM
st mirren home win 3 points
Aberdeen away 1 point
Rangers home 0
The reaction to the rangers defeat, has been over the top.
AGAIN.
We haven’t been great, nor terrible.
The manner of the rangers defeat, was hard to watch, but the other 2 performances have been decent.

GRA
24-05-2023, 02:42 PM
The Hearts home win was before the split. The 3 points came against St Mirren at home.

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen the last two performances of this season and if we qualify for Europe or not.

HIBS NUTS
24-05-2023, 02:58 PM
aye changed it 👍🏻

Onceinawhile
24-05-2023, 03:14 PM
If we finish 6th - it isn't good enough.

5th would be about par given that we have the 5th biggest budget. But given how poor we were on Sunday, I've no optimism about picking up points in the next two games.

Rarely keeping clean sheets whilst being massively profligate in front of goal is not a great combination

lord bunberry
24-05-2023, 04:33 PM
If we finish 6th - it isn't good enough.

5th would be about par given that we have the 5th biggest budget. But given how poor we were on Sunday, I've no optimism about picking up points in the next two games.

Rarely keeping clean sheets whilst being massively profligate in front of goal is not a great combination

I share your realism but not your pessimism. The reality is we’re 2 wins from a possible 3rd place. Rangers beat hearts tonight, St Mirren beat the sheep and we beat celtic.us beating celtic is the only result that would be seen as a surprise. Keep the faith brother.

HIBS NUTS
24-05-2023, 08:57 PM
so 3 points celtic
mabye not that bad then.😄

HIBS NUTS
25-05-2023, 06:55 PM
SO FAR After the split, one to go.

Rangers 10
hibs 7
hearts 5
celtic 4
aberdeen 4
st mirren 2

Rick Rude
25-05-2023, 07:54 PM
What's the most points we've ever picked up in the top 6 post split? Guessing maybe the 8 under Lennon?

Onceinawhile
25-05-2023, 08:15 PM
I share your realism but not your pessimism. The reality is we’re 2 wins from a possible 3rd place. Rangers beat hearts tonight, St Mirren beat the sheep and we beat celtic.us beating celtic is the only result that would be seen as a surprise. Keep the faith brother.

One out of 3...

Glad to be proved wrong on one front.

Can't see us winning on Saturday though.

Alex Trager
25-05-2023, 08:45 PM
What's the most points we've ever picked up in the top 6 post split? Guessing maybe the 8 under Lennon?

I believe so. I think that applies to bottom six as well

Hibbyradge
25-05-2023, 08:53 PM
One out of 3...

Glad to be proved wrong on one front.

Can't see us winning on Saturday though.

I agree.

I posted these stats somewhere else but hearts have won 12 out of 18 of their home games only losing to the Old Firm 4 times and once to St Mirren. They scored 42 times in the process.

We on the other hand have only won 5 times on the road, scoring 20.

I'm resigned to settling for 5th and hoping Celtic complete their treble.

ancient hibee
25-05-2023, 09:35 PM
I agree.

I posted these stats somewhere else but hearts have won 12 out of 18 of their home games only losing to the Old Firm 4 times and once to St Mirren. They scored 42 times in the process.

We on the other hand have only won 5 times on the road, scoring 20.

I'm resigned to settling for 5th and hoping Celtic complete their treble.

Interesting that our away record is better than Hearts.

Hibee Mac
25-05-2023, 10:31 PM
When you consider we battered Aberdeen and should have won, we should be looking at 3 wins and 1 loss after the split, a very admirable record really

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
25-05-2023, 10:40 PM
Interesting that our away record is better than Hearts.

It is. The only teams with fewer away wins than hearts are Dundee United and Kilmarnock.

ian cruise
26-05-2023, 02:46 AM
SO FAR After the split, one to go.

Rangers 10
hibs 7
hearts 5
celtic 4
aberdeen 4
st mirren 2

Think this shows were really not doing as poorly as we would believe. Poor form earlier in the season is what's cost us a higher league spot.

Ryan91
26-05-2023, 09:24 AM
Think this shows were really not doing as poorly as we would believe. Poor form earlier in the season is what's cost us a higher league spot.

In the Last 6 games, we've picked up 11 points, which is the second most in the League behind Rangers.

Considering those 6 games include the farce in Perth - where we may well have gone on to win if we'd had 11 men - and the game against Aberdeen - which we should have won - we probably should have picked up at least 13 points, possibly even 15 points.

If not for a horrible refereeing decision and a missed Penalty, we'd be in the driving seat for 3rd.

King Cosell
26-05-2023, 09:46 AM

Poor results against Dundee Utd & Ross County, the bottom two, have cost us.

Us - P6 W1 D2 L3 Pts 5
Hearts - P6 W5 D1 L0 Pts 16

We've been good against teams in the top six, Motherwell & Livi but need to stop throwing away silly points against the weaker sides.

Donegal Hibby
26-05-2023, 10:21 AM
After hertz totally blew it when they were so far ahead in 3rd place and for us to be in with a chance of overtaking them in the final game the way our seasons went , it feels very much like a free hit for us imo . I know they'll be favourite's , it's at tiny , they have a good record etc . Though I think all the pressure is on them tbh and if we play like we did against Aberdeen and Celtic we will certainly give them a game of it . Bring them on . GGTTH 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Paul1642
28-05-2023, 01:17 AM
One of the most unique things about Scottish football must be the goal difference. Only 3 teams of of 12 finished the season on positive goal difference. In most other European leagues approximately the top have of the table seem to finish on positive goal difference (give or take a couple of teams)

danhibees1875
28-05-2023, 06:17 AM
One of the most unique things about Scottish football must be the goal difference. Only 3 teams of of 12 finished the season on positive goal difference. In most other European leagues approximately the top have of the table seem to finish on positive goal difference (give or take a couple of teams)

I see your backing Dundee United to beat Motherwell today. :wink: