Nisbet
McKirdy.

Hibernian Verse
24-05-2023, 07:41 AM
It'll be your first one IMO

flash
24-05-2023, 07:43 AM
It'll be your first one IMO

Don't think it will be either team to be honest. Just hunting for something a bit different

Pretty Boy
24-05-2023, 07:47 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

Marshall, Cadden, Jeggo and Campbell could have absolutely no complaints about being dropped out. Miller had arguably his best game in a Hibs shirt at Celtic Park and Doyle Hayes tends to do well in these game too. I was maybe a bit harsh on McKirdy after Sunday and he probably deserves his chance, there are no easy games to bleed him in at this stage of the season so it's into the lions den for him.

flash
24-05-2023, 07:52 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

Marshall, Cadden, Jeggo and Campbell could have absolutely no complaints about being dropped out. Miller had arguably his best game in a Hibs shirt at Celtic Park and Doyle Hayes tends to do well in these game too. I was maybe a bit harsh on McKirdy after Sunday and he probably deserves his chance, there are no easy games to bleed him in at this stage of the season so it's into the lions den for him.
That one works for me too.

JimBHibees
24-05-2023, 07:55 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

Like the look of that team but gives me the fear at the same time. :greengrin

J-C
24-05-2023, 07:58 AM
I don't think he'll change from the team on Sunday due to having no one to swap to make us better, the bench sums up how poor a squad we have.

flash
24-05-2023, 08:01 AM
I don't think he'll change from the team on Sunday due to having no one to swap to make us better, the bench sums up how poor a squad we have.

JDH definitely needs to come in.

Pretty Boy
24-05-2023, 08:02 AM
Like the look of that team but gives me the fear at the same time. :greengrin

Just about any team we could put out gives me the fear to some extent😅

J-C
24-05-2023, 08:03 AM
JDH definitely needs to come in.

Possibly but will he make much of a difference.

jeffers
24-05-2023, 08:05 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

The Miller one is interesting. Tbh when he came on at Paisley early in the season I thought he was awful and had added him to the list of poor signings we had made, but that game at Celtic Park he was good. Yet he’s barely figured since, while Cadden is consistently hit or miss.

Nicho87
24-05-2023, 08:08 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Lewis

JDH
Newell
Egan Riley

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan

Hibby Kay-Yay
24-05-2023, 08:09 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden
JDH
Newell
Jeggo
Youan

Nisbet

LeithMike
24-05-2023, 08:24 AM
I’d trusomething different and definitely bring Rocky back in.

. Fish Rocky Hanlon

Egan-Riley JDH Jeggo Stevenson

. Youan

. Nisbet, McKirdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sauzeelegod
24-05-2023, 08:26 AM
Marshall

CJ
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Jeggo
Newell
Lewis

Nizzy
Myko ( if fit)
Youan

Myko not fit, play McKirdy or Campbell.

Hibby Kay-Yay
24-05-2023, 08:27 AM
St Mirren really pressed their wing backs high up the pitch which really disrupted their flow of attack. Ideally I’d love to just have a go at them. Why not?

Marsh

CJ
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Jeggo
Newell
JDH
Stevenson

Nisbet
Youan

Smartie
24-05-2023, 08:28 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

Yep.

Agree with every word of this.

Brightside
24-05-2023, 08:35 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Jeggo
Newall
JDH

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan.

Or...

Marshall

Fish
Rocky
Hanlon

Cadden
Newall
Jeggo
JDH

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy.

He said big changes....but id guess no chance of that. Prob only change Campbell for JDH. We should play 4231. Bin off most of the subs and fill it with the young team.

number9dream
24-05-2023, 08:37 AM
Miller possibly deserves a chance to show what he can do at right-back, with JDH and Egan-Riley in to bolster midfield, but it's kinda shuffling the deckchairs...
Last time we went a season without taking anything from Celtic was 2010-11 (three games), last time over four league meetings was 96-97.

Brightside
24-05-2023, 08:38 AM
Johnson

Miller
Hanlon
Fish
Stevenson

Egan Riley
Newell
Doyle Hayes

Youan
Nisbet
McKirdy

If mckirdy starts I may just try and stay in the Albion. I don't want him bled in - he does nothing defensively and has none of the fabled pitch personality or game IQ.

Stubbsy90+2
24-05-2023, 08:48 AM
Depressingly I think we have to start Marshall. There’s no point in using Johnson for a likely defeat against Celtic and then a trip to Tynecastle.

Marshall

Egan-Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell
JDH
Jeggo

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan

Writing that out made me realise how desperately poor our squad is.

Tambo
24-05-2023, 09:01 AM
Marshall

Miller/Rocky
Fish
Hanlon

Cadden
Stevenson

Jeggo
Egan-Riley
Newell

Nisbet
Youan

Pretty Boy
24-05-2023, 09:02 AM
Depressingly I think we have to start Marshall. There’s no point in using Johnson for a likely defeat against Celtic and then a trip to Tynecastle.

Marshall

Egan-Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell
JDH
Jeggo

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan

Starting Johnson would undoubtedly be a risk.

But then starting an out of form Marshall and watching him shaking like a ****ting dog every time the ball is played into the box is also a risk.

Stubbsy90+2
24-05-2023, 09:04 AM

But then starting an out of form Marshall and watching him shaking like a ****ting dog every time the ball is played into the box is also a risk.

It is but for want of a better way to describe it, we can write Marshall off to an extent at the end of the season. There’s hope for Johnson though and I’d hate to ruin him.

B.H.F.C
24-05-2023, 09:04 AM
I think he will mix it up a bit tonight with three games in six days.

I think full backs will change, Miller and Cabraja to come in. JDH to come in as well.

Annoying thing is that there isn’t really anything we can do differently in an attacking sense.

overdrive
24-05-2023, 09:13 AM
Johnson (or even a punter off the street if we don’t want to risk MJs confidence)

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja (give Stevenson a rest for the weekend)

Egan-Riley
Newell
JDH

McKirdy (I know… purely to give Cadden a rest)
Nisbet
Youan

The Modfather
24-05-2023, 09:33 AM

Was it not Marshall that got his debut, or certainly one of his first games, at the Nou Camp at about Johnson’s age?

It’s unfortunate that the next two games are Celtc and Tynecastle. I’d play him tonight and all going well, in the derby. He might surprise everyone and, allowing for the inevitable ups and downs, stake a claim for being next seasons number 1. One less position we would need to spend budget on fixing.

GreenGray
24-05-2023, 09:34 AM

Marshall

Egan-Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell
JDH
Jeggo

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan

Thing is, if you’re not going to give a youth keeper a chance in this situation when will you?

He’d have something to prove and I’m almost certain he’d do better than Marshall.

No way Johnson does it though.

flash
24-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Thing is, if you’re not going to give a youth keeper a chance in this situation when will you?

He’d have something to prove and I’m almost certain he’d do better than Marshall.

No way Johnson does it though.

To be fair 99% of managers wouldn't do it.

GreenGray
24-05-2023, 09:44 AM
To be fair 99% of managers wouldn't do it.

Aye totally, wasn’t a dig at Johnson, no manager would take the risk these days unfortunately.

Brightside
24-05-2023, 10:48 AM
It is but for want of a better way to describe it, we can write Marshall off to an extent at the end of the season. There’s hope for Johnson though and I’d hate to ruin him.

Based on the comments from LJ I don't think Marshall is going anywhere.

Brightside
24-05-2023, 10:52 AM
Was it not Marshall that got his debut, or certainly one of his first games, at the Nou Camp at about Johnson’s age?

It’s unfortunate that the next two games are Celtc and Tynecastle. I’d play him tonight and all going well, in the derby. He might surprise everyone and, allowing for the inevitable ups and downs, stake a claim for being next seasons number 1. One less position we would need to spend budget on fixing.

He's signed for QoS next season.

RossScott1991
24-05-2023, 10:53 AM
Any team we put out tonight will be well off it imo. We are simply not good enough and don’t have enough energy or dynamic players to get close to these teams.

Just a case of getting to end of the season and hopefully performing abit of surgery hopefully on the midfield this summer. Need some good players in there again.

Expecting much of the same as it’s been v old firm tonight. Plucky first 25mins, they will get a goal then knock it about in a flat atmosphere.

Hibs 0 Celtic 3

flash
24-05-2023, 10:54 AM

Is it not Airdrie?

Johnny_Leith
24-05-2023, 10:58 AM
Is it not Airdrie?

Josh O'Connor and Murray Aitken are at Airdrie next season. MJ is at Qots.

flash
24-05-2023, 11:02 AM
Josh O'Connor and Murray Aitken are at Airdrie next season. MJ is at Qots.

Cheers.

24-05-2023, 11:05 AM

Marshall

Egan-Riley
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

Newell
JDH
Jeggo

Cadden
Nisbet
Youan

That's what I think it will be, if all are fit.

We need to get the 1st goal to stand any chance.

The Modfather
24-05-2023, 11:06 AM

Fair enough in that case. I’d probably still play him tonight and at Tynecastle.

Tyler Durden
24-05-2023, 12:25 PM
I think he will mix it up a bit tonight with three games in six days.

I think full backs will change, Miller and Cabraja to come in. JDH to come in as well.

Annoying thing is that there isn’t really anything we can do differently in an attacking sense.

I think we need to get Youan central and playing on the shoulder of their last defender. So 3-5-2 for me.

Not easy by any means but Celtic's weakness is a long ball into space vacated by their full backs. They'll be happy to leave a 2 vs 2. If they don't start Carter Vickers then we have a chance of getting in behind them.

If we play Youan wide left as normal then he'll dwell on the ball too long and let them recover their positions.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-05-2023, 12:26 PM
Do we have any players who would miss the Derby if they get a yellow tonight? Arguably, that game is more likely to get us points.

hibee_girl
24-05-2023, 12:40 PM
Do we have any players who would miss the Derby if they get a yellow tonight? Arguably, that game is more likely to get us points.

Bans take 14 days to come into action so no one would miss Saturday if they get booked tonight.

Unless they get two yellows :greengrin

Gmack7
24-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Any chance of cookie being fit?

JimBHibees
24-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Any chance of cookie being fit?

Seems to have been out for months a huge miss

Donegal Hibby
24-05-2023, 05:10 PM
Seems to have been out for months a huge miss
Jamie McAllister says Mykola has felt a tweak in his hamstring and will be doubtful for the last 2 games and Kyle Magennis is back on the grass again

Brightside
24-05-2023, 05:17 PM
Jamie McAllister says Mykola has felt a tweak in his hamstring and will be doubtful for the last 2 games and Kyle Magennis is back on the grass again

Nice. Should calm him down.

hibee-boys
24-05-2023, 06:26 PM
Nice. Should calm him down.

He’ll probably sprain his wrist rolling one🙄

thebausburst
24-05-2023, 06:39 PM
Mykola’s fitness is surely a worry if Hibs are trying to secure him on loan again, guys barely been fit in months.