PDA

View Full Version : Ep 201 What's the Goalie Daein'?

matty_f
22-05-2023, 07:26 AM
Ep 201 What's the Goalie Daein'?

😫Marshall in blunderland
👊🏻 Where was the fight?
🚷 Major rebuild required?
🙄 Still in the dark ages with sectarianism
🗣All your talking points from Hibernian's defeat to Rangers

📺 youtu.be/kpSg7X8hIIk

🎙 https://t.co/K60ADheseE

I'm Spartacus
22-05-2023, 01:52 PM
Another good listen (Scotch pie - is that a fact or made up?!). The weeks name could not be more appropriate :)

matty_f
22-05-2023, 01:55 PM
Another good listen (Scotch pie - is that a fact or made up?!). The weeks name could not be more appropriate :)
The Scotch pie thing is true, or at least along the right lines. Certain criteria needs to be met to be called a Scotch pie. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
22-05-2023, 02:10 PM
The Scotch pie thing is true, or at least along the right lines. Certain criteria needs to be met to be called a Scotch pie. :agree:

I've always associated "Mince Pie" with a Mince Round which is completely different from a Scotch Pie.

I'm Spartacus
22-05-2023, 02:15 PM
Seemingly a mince pie has mince in it, a scotch pie has mutton in it .................................................. and a mince around is something totally different :)

Hibernian Verse
22-05-2023, 02:22 PM
Seemingly a mince pie has mince in it, a scotch pie has mutton in it .................................................. and a mince around is something totally different :)

Surely that's a load of mince?

I've not been eating mutton for years have I?

Itsnoteasy
22-05-2023, 02:23 PM

Would it not only be Scots calling it a mince pie.
Most other countries associate a mince pie with the fruity one at xmas

Green Reaper
22-05-2023, 04:14 PM
I was told by a butcher in Dundee years ago that a true 'scotch pie' is made with mutton

I'm Spartacus
23-05-2023, 11:09 AM
I was told by a butcher in Dundee years ago that a true 'scotch pie' is made with mutton

This is terrible news IMO.

Would you ever ask for a Mutton Pie? (Maybe the pie of a mutton but that's another story!).

Hibernia&Alba
23-05-2023, 11:18 AM
https://youtu.be/Rydu3XHSB3Q

tamig
23-05-2023, 11:23 AM

Always been the case and the reason I’ve never eaten these pies for many years.

Smartie
23-05-2023, 12:43 PM
It’s the sawdust, scrotums, beaks and toenails etc that get mixed in with the mutton to bulk it out that are the rank part.

Tasty though.