PDA

View Full Version : 0-0 draw

Diclonius
14-05-2023, 07:28 PM
That's our first goalless game all season and our first since the 5th March last year.

Kato
14-05-2023, 07:37 PM
That's our first goalless game all season and our first since the 5th March last year.Wow.

I remember a stat which floated around about Mowbrays tenure. Only one 0-0 the whole time he was here. Dunno how accurate it is.

Speaks volumes about our season though, streaky.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
14-05-2023, 10:41 PM
Got no evidence to support this other than the fact we’ve not had one for a good while, but the 0-0 draw feels like a much rarer occurrence than in the past.

ErinGoBraghHFC
14-05-2023, 11:03 PM
Got no evidence to support this other than the fact we’ve not had one for a good while, but the 0-0 draw feels like a much rarer occurrence than in the past.

Again got no evidence for that but teams are set up (generally speaking) in a more offensive manner than in previous times. Even when I started playing it was always the “a good teams built from the back” line that got trotted out. Nowadays even your fullbacks are attackers, which is half the reason I packed it in as a right back because I like beer too much to commit to 90 mins of bombing up and down a line for £25 and a pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
14-05-2023, 11:11 PM

Certainly rarer than when Shaun Maloney was here. Pretty sure we had three of them in a week with him at one point.

connerg
15-05-2023, 03:08 AM
Again got no evidence for that but teams are set up (generally speaking) in a more offensive manner than in previous times. Even when I started playing it was always the “a good teams built from the back” line that got trotted out. Nowadays even your fullbacks are attackers, which is half the reason I packed it in as a right back because I like beer too much to commit to 90 mins of bombing up and down a line for £25 and a pie.

A can of Tennent's Super and two fags at half time? Aye nae bother pal.:aok:

ErinGoBraghHFC
15-05-2023, 05:42 AM
A can of Tennent's Super and two fags at half time? Aye nae bother pal.:aok:

Two cans and you’re talking [emoji16]

steve75
15-05-2023, 11:59 AM
Wow.

I remember a stat which floated around about Mowbrays tenure. Only one 0-0 the whole time he was here. Dunno how accurate it is.

Speaks volumes about our season though, streaky.

I could be completely making this up, but I believe that was also against Aberdeen, at Easter Road. Missed a penalty that day too, Riordan managed to hit both posts with it. Again, this could all be completely inaccurate.

steve75
15-05-2023, 02:28 PM
I could be completely making this up, but I believe that was also against Aberdeen, at Easter Road. Missed a penalty that day too, Riordan managed to hit both posts with it. Again, this could all be completely inaccurate.

Had to check, this was all nonsense.

Looks like the only league 0-0 under Mowbray was away to Falkirk, the game after beating Livi 7-0.

The penalty I'm remembering was in a 2-1 loss to Aberdeen at Easter Road. Was saved however, no posts involved.

Kato
15-05-2023, 06:13 PM
Had to check, this was all nonsense.

Looks like the only league 0-0 under Mowbray was away to Falkirk, the game after beating Livi 7-0.

Thanks for doing the research, though. Pretty remarkable stat for Mowbray.