PDA

View Full Version : Hibs bench yesterday

Donegal Hibby
07-05-2023, 07:26 PM
Our subs yesterday were Johnson ( GK ) , Miller ( RB ) , Devlin, Rocky ( CH ) , Cabraja ( LB ) , Henderson, Campbell( M ) , Hoppe , Mckirdy ( S ) . Apart from Campbell there wasn't much to bring on who you'd say would effect our game yesterday . Think there was a lack of quality in both midfield and attacking options yesterday or am I being unfair ?

HendoDelivered
07-05-2023, 07:30 PM
Our subs yesterday were Johnson ( GK ) , Miller ( RB ) , Devlin, Rocky ( CH ) , Cabraja ( LB ) , Henderson, Campbell( M ) , Hoppe , Mckirdy ( S ) . Apart from Campbell there wasn't much to bring on who you'd say would effect our game yesterday . Think there was a lack of quality in both midfield and attacking options yesterday or am I being unfair ?

You’re spot on IMO

CB Hibs 68
07-05-2023, 07:59 PM
You’re spot on IMO

I agree totally.My problem is figuring who I would have on the bench.There is a lack of creativity across the whole team.Don’t know the kids well enough to suggest who could step up to the plate .I figure that until we get to the transfer window this what we have got to work with .

B.H.F.C
07-05-2023, 08:02 PM
We were crying out for changes second half and the reason we didn’t get any was because of what we had to bring on.

I do think it must be demoralising for the young players when they can’t get on the bench in front of players we clearly have no real intention of using. We need to sort that out.

Onceinawhile
07-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Agreed.

But with Boyle, mcgeady and kukhareyvch all out injured, its not surprising our attacking options are limited.

Rattler
07-05-2023, 11:30 PM
Agreed.

But with Boyle, mcgeady and kukhareyvch all out injured, its not surprising our attacking options are limited.
But we’ve surely got some decent options in attack from the reserve teams who aren’t even being quoted currently?!

JohnM1875
07-05-2023, 11:50 PM
But we’ve surely got some decent options in attack from the reserve teams who aren’t even being quoted currently?!

If LJ thought they were good enough to play he'd play them. I don't doubt that for a second.

It's win/win for him. We lose he can say it's cause they're learning their trade, we win he looks like a great manager.

Hibbyradge
08-05-2023, 12:16 AM
If LJ thought they were good enough to play he'd play them. I don't doubt that for a second.

It's win/win for him. We lose he can say it's cause they're learning their trade, we win he looks like a great manager.

If they were good enough, they'd be playing.

No win/win crap about it.

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-05-2023, 06:30 AM
Agreed.

Imagine having them all fit (plus Magennis). Would certainly be pushing for 3rd, if not quite a bit clear from the chasing pack.

The Modfather
08-05-2023, 06:43 AM
If they were good enough, they'd be playing.

No win/win crap about it.

They must wish they had the same opportunity to prove they are good enough as Bojang or Tavares have had. Bojang has played more minutes than all our U19s combined.

Tyler Durden
08-05-2023, 07:30 AM
They must wish they had the same opportunity to prove they are good enough as Bojang or Tavares have had. Bojang has played more minutes than all our U19s combined.

He’s not had that much more than Josh O’Connor has, had he? 10 more minutes maybe?

Tyler Durden
08-05-2023, 07:32 AM
The issue we have is a lack of wide options. With Boyle and McGeady injured and Jair and McKirdy not trusted, there is the answer.

Centre defence, midfield and attack we had good options on the bench

Gmack7
08-05-2023, 08:01 AM

That's an incredible stat and quite depressing really,

The Modfather
08-05-2023, 08:04 AM
He’s not had that much more than Josh O’Connor has, had he? 10 more minutes maybe?

My post was in reply to the point that if they were good enough they would be be playing. Bojang, Tavares, Melkerson, McKirdy, and to a slightly lesser extent Henderson, have all been given opportunities this season for little to no return. As someone else made the point, why do we have players on the bench every week we have no intention of using ahead of our own youngsters?

I just can’t understand why there have been no opportunities for our youngsters when we have players making up the numbers ahead of them blocking their path.