PDA

View Full Version : Hibs First Membership

LewysGot2
29-04-2023, 11:50 AM
The window of priority has passed for existing AST holders to take up the new Hibs First membership and they go live to new members on Monday.

will be interesting to see how this pans out and if uptake increases.

£50 an adult membership.

Helensburghhibs
29-04-2023, 11:11 PM
This is the first time that I have heard of this. Its an absolute joke in my opinion. Paying for the privilege to purchase tickets early is out of order. If they want to reward fans don't make it more financial. Go back to a straight forward loyalty scheme. Personally I don't see a problem with how it is now and fixing something that isn't broke is nothing more than a money grab.

Eyrie
30-04-2023, 09:23 AM
I'd agree that a loyalty scheme is the best approach to take but in its absence a small charge to cover the admin cost of priority access to tickets does not sound unreasonable. £50 works out at £2.63 for 19 games.

LewysGot2
30-04-2023, 10:28 AM
I'd agree that a loyalty scheme is the best approach to take but in its absence a small charge to cover the admin cost of priority access to tickets does not sound unreasonable. £50 works out at £2.63 for 19 games.

£30 for existing members is even less.

SteveHFC
30-04-2023, 01:54 PM
£30 for existing members is even less.

No issues paying that. The ticket office do a great job.

Hermit Crab
30-04-2023, 03:53 PM
When do these get released for non members to purchase?

SteveHFC
30-04-2023, 03:54 PM
When do these get released for non members to purchase?

Think it’s after tomorrow’s deadline mate.

Kojock
30-04-2023, 05:20 PM
This is the first time that I have heard of this. Its an absolute joke in my opinion. Paying for the privilege to purchase tickets early is out of order. If they want to reward fans don't make it more financial. Go back to a straight forward loyalty scheme. Personally I don't see a problem with how it is now and fixing something that isn't broke is nothing more than a money grab.

It's been going for a few seasons now and was called the Away Season Ticket Scheme. It's had a revamp and has been rebranded as Hibs First.

Helensburghhibs
30-04-2023, 07:10 PM
It's been going for a few seasons now and was called the Away Season Ticket Scheme. It's had a revamp and has been rebranded as Hibs First.

Does hibs first require you to buy every away ticket like the Ast did ?

Ringothedog
30-04-2023, 07:39 PM

No

marinello59
01-05-2023, 06:52 AM

No. And it won’t give priority for every away game, a couple of clubs sell direct to us.
It’s fine if you can afford it I guess. With three season tickets in our house I just can’t justify paying £150 more. I’m confident I’ll still get tickets for most games though.

lyonhibs
01-05-2023, 07:25 AM
You don't have to be a home ST to benefit do you?

Mcbizz1998
01-05-2023, 09:19 AM

If not then it means you can spend £50 and get priority to away games over season ticket holders?

Not sure about that tbh, seems unfair.

JimBHibees
01-05-2023, 09:20 AM
Will this be in place for the last Derby?

BoomtownHibees
01-05-2023, 09:21 AM

You did for the AST so I assume you would for this

lyonhibs
01-05-2023, 10:47 AM
You did for the AST so I assume you would for this

I stand corrected, you do.

Billy Whizz
01-05-2023, 11:57 AM
Will this be in place for the last Derby?

Jim, it will be in place for this seasons AST holders. First membership starts for season 2023/24
Think we only have around 300 or so AST holders this season, so will be plenty available for Tynie for current season ticket holders
Just hope we have something to play for that day

JimBHibees
01-05-2023, 12:22 PM
Jim, it will be in place for this seasons AST holders. First membership starts for season 2023/24
Think we only have around 300 or so AST holders this season, so will be plenty available for Tynie for current season ticket holders
Just hope we have something to play for that day

Thanks

King Cosell
01-05-2023, 02:38 PM
Is this like America First? Do you wear baseball caps with Make Hibernian Great Again! on them?

Hermit Crab
02-05-2023, 05:15 AM

No, but what was said at the AST event night a few months ago was that it will be monitored by the TO staff and if theres fans who have signed up that are only buying tickets for Hearts away or Rangers away etc and none of the run of the mill games like St Johnstone's and Motherwells for example then they may be removed from the scheme altogether. It was also mentioned that nearly all clubs may sell directly to us next season with the exception of Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Rangers and cup games.

Also if we get a full 500 fans signing up and we draw a team in the cup that can't give us 500 or more tickets such as a Lowland league side then a random ballot would take place to distribute tickets.

Scheme also applies to Euro away games should we qualify.

Pretty Boy
02-05-2023, 11:46 AM
Is there actually a cap on membership numbers for this?

Announced today officially now that the priority window for current AST holders has passed and there is no mention of limited availability or the like.

SteveHFC
02-05-2023, 11:49 AM

Announced today officially now that the priority window for current AST holders has passed and there is no mention of limited availability or the like.

Think it’s 500.

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Got mine but it was £30 not £50 have I got the wrong thing?

BoomtownHibees
02-05-2023, 11:52 AM

It was £30 for existing Away Season ticket holders

Hibee_Craig7062
I was not a current AST but I have renewed my ST for next season already. not seen any announcements but just tried my luck on e ticketing and I have managed to purchase a hibs first membership for 2023/24

edit - I see hibs twitter now has something there to say they are onsale.

Ringothedog

Only if you are a current AST member

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 11:55 AM
It was £30 for existing Away Season ticket holders

Only if you are a current AST member

Ok, I'm not...haha

Hermit Crab
02-05-2023, 11:56 AM

Limited to a maximum of 500 members.

Hibs90
02-05-2023, 12:00 PM
Bit of a grift this but if folk are happy to pay for priority that’s up to them.

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 12:02 PM
Bit of a grift this but if folk are happy to pay for priority that’s up to them.

Suits me personally as I struggle to log on during working hours to take part in the Tynecastle ticket mayhem. Not ideally having to pay for it but is what it is, I'll spend much more on pints this weekend.

percy veer
02-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Suits me personally as I struggle to log on during working hours to take part in the Tynecastle ticket mayhem. Not ideally having to pay for it but is what it is, I'll spend much more on pints this weekend.

Suits me and my son aswell, can't always make the midweek games up north especially so at least you don't get charged fornthe tickets if you can't go.

SteveHFC
02-05-2023, 12:33 PM
Suits me and my son aswell, can't always make the midweek games up north especially so at least you don't get charged fornthe tickets if you can't go.

Games like Aberdeen away on a Friday night. At least you have the option not to buy that.

Bobby's Cinema
02-05-2023, 12:39 PM
Can someone explain the benefits of this scheme for the average Hibs supporter asked to pay another £50, over the club simply implementing a loyalty point scheme?

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 12:45 PM
Can someone explain the benefits of this scheme for the average Hibs supporter asked to pay another £50, over the club simply implementing a loyalty point scheme?

It's an alternative to the Away Season Ticket which I'd suggest isn't for the average Hibs supporter tbh.

SickBoy32
02-05-2023, 12:47 PM
It's an alternative to the Away Season Ticket which I'd suggest isn't for the average Hibs supporter tbh.

It's also an alternative to a normal loyalty system, you know the type used by most clubs (and ourselves under LD)

Previous poster called it out as a grift, which I would totally agree with tbh

Scouse Hibee
02-05-2023, 12:58 PM
It's also an alternative to a normal loyalty system, you know the type used by most clubs (and ourselves under LD)

Agreed, I think it’s a very poor choice of the club to ask supporters for more cash to obtain priority to tickets.

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 12:59 PM

I don't think it's really an alternative to loyalty points, that kind of system stands on it's own and I'd be for bringing that back. Both could be run together with Hibs First giving you additional benefits (much like MyGers is run for Rangers fans) such as the end of season event that it provides.

hibby6270
02-05-2023, 01:10 PM
It has always been the case Home ST holders have priority over everyone. Assumption also that all AST holders will also have home ST’s.

The use of the word ‘First’ for the new scheme gives impression those who buy in will have top priority.

So luddite question probably.

In priority pecking order, currently do AST subscribers have first dibs on any ticket purchases for Cup, European, Friendly games, etc, ahead of home game ST holders or do they have equal standing or will this change from 23/24 onwards by paying the £50 ‘premium’?

.Sean.
02-05-2023, 01:12 PM
Has anyone ever continually missed out on tickets for Tynecastle? The only upside of the scheme seems to be it guaranteed you a ticket for the derbies there.

It’s a bit of a myth they’re like gold dust. The ticket site used to be a nightmare but you’d always get them in the end. I’ve not missed out on a ticket there since I was 16 (Brian Kerr game) and I’ll be 33 come summer. Most of my mates will be the same.

B.H.F.C
02-05-2023, 01:21 PM
It has always been the case Home ST holders have priority over everyone. Assumption also that all AST holders will also have home ST’s.

The use of the word ‘First’ for the new scheme gives impression those who buy in will have top priority.

So luddite question probably.

In priority pecking order, currently do AST subscribers have first dibs on any ticket purchases for Cup, European, Friendly games, etc, ahead of home game ST holders or do they have equal standing or will this change from 23/24 onwards by paying the £50 ‘premium’?

AST is currently the top level of priority. You are guaranteed a ticket for every away game for which Hibs sell, before they go on sale to Home season ticket holders. You do need to have home season tickets to be on the away season ticket scheme though. Hibs First is just a rebrand really and you will be guaranteed a ticket for all away fixtures before they go on sale to home season ticket holders.

Nakedmanoncrack
02-05-2023, 01:46 PM
Limited to a maximum of 500 members.

I'm not doubting your info...but nowhere does it say that?
If this is correct it would certainly make it more appealing to me.

Stubbsy90+2
02-05-2023, 01:48 PM
Has anyone ever continually missed out on tickets for Tynecastle? The only upside of the scheme seems to be it guaranteed you a ticket for the derbies there.

It’s a bit of a myth they’re like gold dust. The ticket site used to be a nightmare but you’d always get them in the end. I’ve not missed out on a ticket there since I was 16 (Brian Kerr game) and I’ll be 33 come summer. Most of my mates will be the same.

I went through a spell during Stubbs/Lennon where I continuously missed out. The website was a mess.

Not had an issue for a good few years now though.

Kojock
02-05-2023, 02:07 PM
It would be interesting to see how many of the 350 AST members renewed for Hibs First. I would think the vast majority would (our 4 did)
Personally for me it’s an improvement to the existing AST. What I spent on the membership fee I will recoup for being able to opt out for a couple of games.

JasonC1875
02-05-2023, 02:10 PM

Ben Kensell said this is the case at the Away ST event where it was first pitched.

NAE NOOKIE
02-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Is this like America First? Do you wear baseball caps with Make Hibernian Great Again! on them?

:agree: .... Yeh, kind of what popped into my head as well, except my first thought was 'Britain first' ..... It all sounds a bit right wing nutters to me, not the name I would have went for :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-05-2023, 02:27 PM
It would be interesting to see how many of the 350 AST members renewed for Hibs First. I would think the vast majority would (our 4 did)
Personally for me it’s an improvement to the existing AST. What I spent on the membership fee I will recoup for being able to opt out for a couple of games.

That’s a fair last paragraph. I’d rather give Hibs money, than an away club ticket money, if I wasn’t able to go

S4uzee
02-05-2023, 03:24 PM
Just bring back “free” loyalty points which could easily be back dated 10 years. Fleecing the fans for more money when it’s been mediocre on the pitch for a few years is another poor move

Ringothedog
02-05-2023, 03:34 PM
Just bring back “free” loyalty points which could easily be back dated 10 years. Fleecing the fans for more money when it’s been mediocre on the pitch for a few years is another poor move

I agree but the £50 covers postage for tickets and you are also subscribed to the HQ magazine. It also means that you are guaranteed a ticket for all away games if you want one. I do not see the problem.

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 03:39 PM
I agree but the £50 covers postage for tickets and you are also subscribed to the HQ magazine. It also means that you are guaranteed a ticket for all away games if you want one. I do not see the problem.

And an event at the end of the year

S4uzee
02-05-2023, 03:43 PM
And an event at the end of the year

“Invitation to” which means it won’t be included in the £50

Hibernian Verse
02-05-2023, 03:47 PM

You think this or know?

B.H.F.C
02-05-2023, 03:47 PM

Yes it will.

allezsauzee
02-05-2023, 04:12 PM
I think the club need to consider how this devalues the Season Ticket purchase. ie it no longer puts you in the top priority group for cup tickets

Steven79
02-05-2023, 04:15 PM
I think the club need to consider how this devalues the Season Ticket purchase. ie it no longer puts you in the top priority group for cup ticketsTo be fair the AST had priority over season ticket holders as well.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
02-05-2023, 04:19 PM
I think the club need to consider how this devalues the Season Ticket purchase. ie it no longer puts you in the top priority group for cup tickets

That’s been the case for quite a few seasons. Nothing really changing in terms of priority order although they are making a few more memberships available than there were AST holders.

Kojock
02-05-2023, 04:36 PM

Is that the same loyalty points scheme that LD abolished because Hibs fans constantly moaned and ticket office staff were verbally abused and threatened.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2023, 04:57 PM

Come on eh [emoji23][emoji23]
Talk about reading something the way you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickBoy32
02-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Is that the same loyalty points scheme that LD abolished because Hibs fans constantly moaned and ticket office staff were verbally abused and threatened.

IIRC it only kicked off when the poorly advised ‘donate to HSL for loyalty points’ initiative was introduced - a wholesale change to the scheme that allowed a more affluent supporter to essentially skip the queue, ahead of many who had accumulated points by following the team. Before that point, I’d be surprised if anyone had any issues tbh

This scheme is just more of the same IMO, basically an extra layer of priority for those who can afford the £50 fee

Hibs First hasn’t went down well in my circle of friends, would imagine it’s the same for a lot of us

No idea why we can’t just go back to a simple loyalty scheme - are we really that desperate for £25k ?!

Mikey_1875
02-05-2023, 05:28 PM

Has this been confirmed that it covers postage? I was under the impression that we would now be paying for postage.

There is an asterisk next to the cost on the website and underneath it says that this isn’t inclusive of delivery and admin fees. Hopefully that’s not the case and the postage is still free as it makes the increase in cost hard to justify imo.

Billy Whizz
02-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Has this been confirmed that it covers postage? I was under the impression that we would now be paying for postage.

There is an asterisk next to the cost on the website and underneath it says that this isn’t inclusive of delivery and admin fees. Hopefully that’s not the case and the postage is still free as it makes the increase in cost hard to justify imo.

Mikey I just pick them up when I’m at a match at ER

LewysGot2
02-05-2023, 05:37 PM

BK said 500 at the AST event.

LewysGot2
02-05-2023, 05:43 PM
That’s a fair last paragraph. I’d rather give Hibs money, than an away club ticket money, if I wasn’t able to go

My thinking too. I couldn't get to Ross Co away midweek in December - unlike old incarnations I don't now have to take those tickets and my money goes to my own club.

I can't get online for the usual Derby scramble so this is worth it for me. Attended almost every game bar Ross Co midweek away in recent seasons so it makes sense.

And, let's be honest, being a ST holder doesn't guarantee you a ticket for the Bus Shelter...knowing one seems to be the trick for some. Always amazed at how many non ST holders rock up in Gorgie.

Mikey_1875
02-05-2023, 05:45 PM
Mikey I just pick them up when I’m at a match at ER

Don’t be surprised next season if there is a 1.50 admin fee added for the privilege :greengrin

as it currently is for non-AST wanting a physical ticket for a game! More and more clubs appear to be going digital at least.

CallumLaidlaw
02-05-2023, 06:12 PM
I wasn’t in the AST scheme but it feels like folk are maybe overegging this slightly.

To me, the AST has been in place for a number of years. With more and more clubs now selling directly to away fans, it’s maybe no longer required in that format.
There was a £15 admin fee for the away season ticket with a cap of 350 members.
This has now seen the HQ magazine added (£20 value for 4 editions) and a meet the players event (the recent meet the midfielders and strikers was £50) with the cap increased to 500.

So it’s no huge change to priority than what it’s been the last few years, sees the club benefit more than the opposition, and gives the supporters the flexibility of not needing to pay for every single away game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leith Green
02-05-2023, 08:05 PM
I actually quite like the idea .. Wasnt a fan of the away season ticket as i go to the games with 3 kids. This allows me guaranteed tickets for the 12 or so away games roughly we will probably go to without the need to pay for games we wont make. My laddies will get the magazines they have so far ended up paying for , and we will have a day out meeting the players etc at the end of the season. It cost me a one of payment of £150 , pretty happy to be honest.

bod
02-05-2023, 08:21 PM
How come it’s £30 for current AST but £50 for new folk ?.

Leith Green
02-05-2023, 08:23 PM
How come it’s £30 for current AST but £50 for new folk ?.

Probably to reward their previous commitment

bod
02-05-2023, 08:34 PM
Never thought of that,nice gesture

BoomtownHibees
05-05-2023, 10:04 AM
Sold out

Chuck Rhoades
08-05-2023, 05:08 AM
Do you need to have a home ST before buying this?

Ringothedog
08-05-2023, 07:01 AM
Do you need to have a home ST before buying this?

Yes, but there are now non available

Chuck Rhoades
08-05-2023, 08:11 AM
Yes, but there are now non available

Cheers

BS44
19-08-2023, 03:44 PM
Bargain of the season this. 😜

SteveHFC
19-08-2023, 03:46 PM

I agree. :smug:

LewysGot2
19-08-2023, 06:54 PM

By Monday 10am it will definitely be the best £30 payment to Hibs for some time :agree: :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-08-2023, 09:09 PM
By Monday 10am it will definitely be the best £30 payment to Hibs for some time :agree: :greengrin

There a lot of bitterness and jealously surrounding this scheme but what everyone needs to remember is that last season the Away Season Ticket was nowhere near fully subscribed and it was capped at just 350 members.

This season, every single STH holder got the chance to sign up to it after the window for existing AST holders to rejoin had closed. Many scoffed at it saying it was a waste of money and not needed as they'll always get tickets, now the same folk are complaining that Hibs first members have a guaranteed ticket for Villa away. You either signed up when you had the chance or you didn't. If they chose not to then thats on them. You then can't complain when a scheme that was open to everyone for priority then gives those who signed up to it first dibs on high profile games.

LewysGot2
19-08-2023, 09:13 PM
There a lot of bitterness and jealously surrounding this scheme but what everyone needs to remember is that last season the Away Season Ticket was nowhere near fully subscribed and it was capped at just 350 members.

This season, every single STH holder got the chance to sign up to it after the window for existing AST holders to rejoin had closed. Many scoffed at it saying it was a waste of money and not needed as they'll always get tickets, now the same folk are complaining that Hibs first members have a guaranteed ticket for Villa away. You either signed up when you had the chance or you didn't. If they chose not to then thats on them. You then can't complain when a scheme that was open to everyone to give priority to those who signed up to it.

I've been an AST member from day 1. I'll sleep well on Monday night.

Hermit Crab
19-08-2023, 09:14 PM

Same, from max points bracket to the AST and now Hibs First. I've made the correct decision.

SteveHFC
19-08-2023, 09:25 PM

Just need to decide whether to sit in the lower or upper tier.

Jay
19-08-2023, 09:26 PM

This season, every single STH holder got the chance to sign up to it after the window for existing AST holders to rejoin had closed. Many scoffed at it saying it was a waste of money and not needed as they'll always get tickets, now the same folk are complaining that Hibs first members have a guaranteed ticket for Villa away. You either signed up when you had the chance or you didn't. If they chose not to then thats on them. You then can't complain when a scheme that was open to everyone for priority then gives those who signed up to it first dibs on high profile games.

I've no complaints about HF members getting their tickets, as you say it was a scheme open to all and your entitled to what you pay for. Unfortunately the majority of us don't have the free time, finances or ability to commit that would make joining the scheme a viable option but fair play to those who make those choices to do the HF bit.
I'm not sure I agree that people say £30 is a bargain because its actually costing hundreds of pounds on top of your season ticket because you signed up to pay for every game plus an admin fee, its peace of mind rather than a bargain.. I also get irked by the goading, I'll sleep well, I'll be happy by whatever time... its passive aggressive nonsense. Have a little understanding for people who are in the position you all know too well. We are all hibbys, all in different situations and all want to see the game somehow. This isn't aimed at you directly HC, just my tuppence worth.

tamig
19-08-2023, 09:31 PM
I've no complaints about HF members getting their tickets, as you say it was a scheme open to all and your entitled to what you pay for. Unfortunately the majority of us don't have the free time, finances or ability to commit that would make joining the scheme a viable option but fair play to those who make those choices to do the HF bit.
I'm not sure I agree that people say £30 is a bargain because its actually costing hundreds of pounds on top of your season ticket because you signed up to pay for every game plus an admin fee, its peace of mind rather than a bargain.. I also get irked by the goading, I'll sleep well, I'll be happy by whatever time... its passive aggressive nonsense. Have a little understanding for people who are in the position you all know too well. We are all hibbys, all in different situations and all want to see the game somehow. This isn't aimed at you directly HC, just my tuppence worth.

What you’ve described there is the old AST scheme. I may be wrong but, I don’t think thats how HF operates, i.e., you don’t get money taken for every away game whether you attend or not. One of the members will no doubt clarify.

Jay
19-08-2023, 09:33 PM
What you’ve described there is the old AST scheme. I may be wrong but, I don’t think thats how HF operates, i.e., you don’t get money taken for every away game whether you attend or not. One of the members will no doubt clarify.

Oh I could be wrong. I just assumed it was the AST rebranded. I didn't look I to it as I can't go to many away games due to work and family commitments.

Hibernian Verse
19-08-2023, 09:33 PM

That’s correct

Cod Boy
19-08-2023, 09:48 PM
Just like the ast last season Hibs first tickets will be passed on by some

hibsforeurope
06-09-2023, 08:23 PM
Not that’s it’s a priority but Out of interest has anyone had any copies of HQ magazine sent out yet?

LewysGot2
06-09-2023, 08:33 PM
Not that’s it’s a priority but Out of interest has anyone had any copies of HQ magazine sent out yet?

Good question- no?

SteveHFC
06-09-2023, 08:33 PM

Nope.