PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Buying tickets for Category A games next month

Kiwi_Hibee
28-04-2023, 11:33 AM
Hey all,

Me and my mate are wanting to go to the games against Rangers and Celtic next month. We're studying here in Edinburgh abroad this semester and though we both went to the games against Killie and Motherwell earlier this year we don't have the 12 months of purchasing history required to buy Category A tickets. I emailed the ticket office and they just said they couldn't make exceptions as per Police Scotland's instructions.

However, I've read on threads here and on reddit that if you turn up in person to the ticket office they can just make a judgement call on whether or not you're an away fan trying to sneak in- can anyone confirm this?

Cheers in advance!

Dunbar Hibee
28-04-2023, 11:36 AM
I’m sure some kind soul on here will help yous out.

weecounty hibby
28-04-2023, 11:36 AM
The last game v celtic at ER, my son forgot his ST so we queued for a replacement. American guy in front of me asked for 4 tickets anywhere in the stadium. He wasn't asked for any form of ID at all and got 4 tickets for the FF stand. Not saying that will always happen but totally at odds with everything we are told regarding cat A games

Kiwi_Hibee
28-04-2023, 11:49 AM
that sounds promising cheers, you reckon I could do it in advance or just have to try my luck on the day?

Diclonius
28-04-2023, 12:12 PM
Turning up and chancing it would be your best shout, unless someone on here has a couple of STs spare.

I would say buy an ST for next season if you're not broke but guessing you'll be back home in the summer!

DH1875
28-04-2023, 12:13 PM
that sounds promising cheers, you reckon I could do it in advance or just have to try my luck on the day?

Go into the ticket office in advance with your passport (presuming its a NZ passport) and note of your client ref number. Once they have checked it you would like to think common sense would prevail.

Kiwi_Hibee
28-04-2023, 12:38 PM
Go into the ticket office in advance with your passport (presuming its a NZ passport) and note of your client ref number. Once they have checked it you would like to think common sense would prevail.

Cheers I'll do that, thanks all!

wookie70
28-04-2023, 01:43 PM
If you buy both sets of tickets at once I doubt you will be challenged as it sort of proves you aren't an ugly wanting to go in the home end

lyonhibs
28-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Some burd in front of me a few months ago got told where to go as she tried to buy tickets for a Celtic game to her "boyfriend's mum's address". When pressed for details, her boyfriend was called "Davy Mcweedgie" or similar.
Point being, go in with an actual ticket buying record and reference number and I'm sure you'll be ok