PDA

View Full Version : First and Last Games of Split Crucial

Dashing Bob S
25-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Could be worse. St Mirren at home is our big one. Lose that and we can forget Europe. There might be opps to scab points with two home ties against the asleep-at-the-wheel OF.

A’deen away especially -they really looked to have lucked out with Robson - and Los Yambolinos at Slimecastle will be tough places to get points.

Unfortunately I think we’ve got 5th (or 6th) depending on the Saints game. The way the support has been we should be looking to sell out that bad boy.

Stewboy
25-04-2023, 11:04 AM
3rd impossible, 4th a real stretch.

Win against St Mirren and puts us in a decent place for 5th. That’s the big one

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 11:09 AM
3rd impossible, 4th a real stretch.

Win against St Mirren and puts us in a decent place for 5th. That’s the big one

A win against st Mirren should get us 5th. Better GD too so they’d need 4 points minimum

Diclonius
25-04-2023, 11:12 AM
Absolutely need three points v St Mirren or 4th is done and probably 5th too.

Carheenlea
25-04-2023, 11:30 AM
St Mirren next week is an enormous game. We really have to approach it as such.

This should be selling out very quickly.

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 11:33 AM

Yes must win need to be playing with the same intensity as the Derby rather than the no show as was the Well game at home.

Edina Street
25-04-2023, 12:08 PM
The game against St Mirren is a real six pointer, though there is a decent chance of picking up points against the auld-firm as their seasons are almost over and it is just a friendly match for them. We can definitely beat Hearts as well. But the game against St Mirren is the big one. Defeat and we've potentially Hibsed it. A draw and we're Hibsing it.

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 12:12 PM
No Hibby should ever use that term.

Garymcl
25-04-2023, 12:13 PM
Totally agree (1) St Mirren game first up gives us a realistic chance to get of to a flier ,this is our first “cup final “ in a group of five remaining games win this and we’re at least nearly guaranteed 5th with one of bigots lifting cup means a jaunt or two into Europe for me this would be a perfect present for our unbelievable supporters who have gone the extra mile it’s the very least the team can do for us no doubt when the tickets go on sale for this game we will fill the stadium Saturday 3pm kick off not on the box and most folk will be paid about then or few days before
(2) I think the timing of the sevco game could suit us providing we do well in first two games they will thinking about summer holidays etc after Celtic winning league days before hopefully our three stands filled (depending how our situation is ) as above there supporters will pissed off big time by then maybe brings back the “give them the minimum tickets “ debate :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 12:16 PM
Totally agree (1) St Mirren game first up gives us a realistic chance to get of to a flier ,this is our first “cup final “ in a group of five remaining games win this and we’re at least nearly guaranteed 5th with one of bigots lifting cup means a jaunt or two into Europe for me this would be a perfect present for our unbelievable supporters who have gone the extra mile it’s the very least the team can do for us no doubt when the tickets go on sale for this game we will fill the stadium Saturday 3pm kick off not on the box and most folk will be paid about then or few days before
(2) I think the timing of the sevco game could suit us providing we do well in first two games they will thinking about summer holidays etc after Celtic winning league days before hopefully our three stands filled (depending how our situation is ) as above there supporters will pissed off big time by then maybe brings back the “give them the minimum tickets “ debate :thumbsup:

Rangers might also be thinking about a cup final

norhfc
25-04-2023, 12:16 PM
A must win game for Hibs gives me the fear. We said the same about the Dundee Utd and Motherwell games. Mon Hibs try salvage something out of this car crash of a season.

greenlex
25-04-2023, 01:55 PM
A must win game for Hibs gives me the fear. We said the same about the Dundee Utd and Motherwell games. Mon Hibs try salvage something out of this car crash of a season.

Car crash of a season.😂😂😂

DIXIHIBS
25-04-2023, 01:57 PM
The game against St Mirren is a real six pointer, though there is a decent chance of picking up points against the auld-firm as their seasons are almost over and it is just a friendly match for them. We can definitely beat Hearts as well. But the game against St Mirren is the big one. Defeat and we've potentially Hibsed it. A draw and we're Hibsing it.

Hibsed it!! Why dont you call us the wee team while you're at it.

Alfred E Newman
25-04-2023, 01:57 PM
If we can't beat St Mirren at home there is no point qualifying for Europe.

Libby Hibby
25-04-2023, 01:59 PM

There’s been a few disappointments but i don’t think it can be described as a car crash

HibbyAndy
25-04-2023, 02:54 PM

Hibsed it ?

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2023, 03:11 PM
Cut the prices for the St Mirren game get the place full.

Normal pricing will be fine.

where'stheslope
25-04-2023, 03:12 PM
We've got to make 3 home games count. 9 points from them would be a big push for 4th, maybe a couple of away draws- job done!!!!

Dublin07
25-04-2023, 03:13 PM

Our average finishing position in my lifetime is 7th. This has been a frustrating season at times but by no means a car crash. The butcher season was a car crash!

Bobby's Cinema
25-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Great game for us to kick off with. A win and the Aberdeen game becomes more interesting. Finishing in europe would be a good season for this Hibs team.

A good summer ahead for LJ and our recruitment to show they can identify the issues and get better quality in than already exists.

Can we get some of our youngsters coming through also, barely seen anything although we seem to see some decent prospects in pre-season every year.

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 03:29 PM
Is it likely the st Mirren or Celtic games will be PPV? Looks like Hearts will PPV their games v us and the sheep

Garymcl
25-04-2023, 03:30 PM
No need to cut prices for St Mirren game we should be selling this out approx 18,500 (saints to get 1500 max) put it this way about this time over the years we’ve taken 20000 plus to semi finals dearer price tickets plus travel plus boozing (most of the day)for many so money shouldn’t be a problem for a cat b game :thumbsup::flag:

S4uzee
25-04-2023, 04:20 PM

Hopefully not the same approach as Motherwell a few weeks ago

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2023, 04:24 PM
Is it likely the st Mirren or Celtic games will be PPV? Looks like Hearts will PPV their games v us and the sheep

Celtic game could be with it being at night however I can’t see the St Mirren one being moved for PPV

MWHIBBIES
25-04-2023, 04:31 PM

No Hibs fan actually says that. Get a grip.

HoboHarry
25-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Aye you can take that term and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Since452
25-04-2023, 04:46 PM
St Mirren - W
Aberdeen - L
Rangers - L
Celtic - L
Hearts - L

Would be pleasently surprised with anything better.

Libby Hibby
25-04-2023, 04:56 PM

Erse

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-04-2023, 05:24 PM
St Mirren - W
Aberdeen - L
Rangers - L
Celtic - L
Hearts - L

Would be pleasently surprised with anything better.

I’ll go with - WDDLW

And I think we’ll still finish 5th with those results.

Fergus52
25-04-2023, 05:27 PM
I’ll go with - WDDLW

And I think we’ll still finish 5th with those results.

That'd be enough to come 4th imo, can't see hearts beating Aberdeen or the old firm and paisley will be a very tough trip for them

Svengali
25-04-2023, 05:30 PM

I am fairly confident we will beat St Mirren. It’s not like we’re playing Dundee on the last game of the season, needing just a point.

Jack Hackett
25-04-2023, 06:21 PM
WWWWW

... Right up until reality bites :greengrin

erin go bragh
25-04-2023, 07:25 PM

We should be given St Mirren the minimum allocation we are allowed and selling the rest of that end out too.

Waxy
25-04-2023, 07:27 PM
If we can't beat St Mirren at home there is no point qualifying for Europe.

Pretty much this.

sauzeelegod
25-04-2023, 07:47 PM
My prediction

St Mirren - W
Sheep - D
Huns - L
Celtic -L
Hearts - D

Doubtful that would be enough for 4th so 5th looks more likely.

hhibs
25-04-2023, 09:01 PM
My prediction

St Mirren - W
Sheep - D
Huns - L
Celtic -L
Hearts - D

OR

W
W
D
D
W

OK,I admit,bit pissed but a man can dream !

Carheenlea
25-04-2023, 09:03 PM
My prediction

St Mirren - W
Sheep - D
Huns - L
Celtic -L
Hearts - D

I think a few points will be spilled by the Old Firm if the league is wrapped up early.

By time we play them, and with both at Easter Road, I can see us taking something from those games as they go through the motions.

Halmyre Hibee
25-04-2023, 09:30 PM
I don’t think the order of the games could have been picked any better for us. Up to the players now to show their hunger to win as many points as possible. 4th place very much on.