PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Talking today with someone who has good contacts on the Fleetwood board, and he told me there has been some interest in him from us, along with Dundee Utd.

:hmmm:

bingo70
24-04-2023, 01:38 PM
Talking today with someone who has good contacts on the Fleetwood board, and he told me there has been some interest in him from us, along with Dundee Utd.

:hmmm:

Alan Nixon reported that a few weeks ago.

Doesn’t really make any sense though to be honest.

Brightside
24-04-2023, 01:39 PM
As a player? :greengrin

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 01:40 PM
Maybe DOF :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2023, 01:40 PM
Alan Nixon reported that a few weeks ago.

Doesn’t really make any sense though to be honest.

I said that to my mate, i never knew Nixon reported it though, i wonder if there is anything in this?

Might kybosh your city group takeover though bingo?:greengrin

McGruber
24-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Would love it, but can't see it.

bingo70
24-04-2023, 01:51 PM
I said that to my mate, i never knew Nixon reported it though, i wonder if there is anything in this?

Might kybosh your city group takeover though bingo?:greengrin

Listen, if you’re still after a helipad you better hope there’s something in the city group link.

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Why would you love it btw ?

SteveHFC
24-04-2023, 01:57 PM

Would need a DOF.

blackpoolhibs
24-04-2023, 01:58 PM
Listen, if you’re still after a helipad you better hope there’s something in the city group link.

:greengrin

Mon Dieu4
24-04-2023, 02:00 PM
Few of my mates where down watching Fleetwood a few months back, one of my pals was talking to the chairman who openly admitted to him he was considering sacking him as the results hadn't been great, my pal said he told him to stick with him and then they went on a great run, other pals did confirm this did happen and my pal wasn't talking pish but he's claiming all the credit for it

24-04-2023, 02:01 PM

1 game on, 4 games off. Due to red cards.

Cod Boy
Few of my mates where down watching Fleetwood a few months back, one of my pals was talking to the chairman who openly admitted to him he was considering sacking him as the results hadn't been great, my pal said he told him to stick with him and then they went on a great run, other pals did confirm this did happen and my pal wasn't talking pish but he's claiming all the credit for it

What’s your pals name

Mon Dieu4
What’s your pals name

Charlie

Cod Boy
24-04-2023, 02:08 PM
Charlie

Cheers

McGruber
24-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Why would you love it btw ?

Would just love it personally, not a lot logically in terms of football, though that said, he's doing well down there. Fleetwood stayed up on goal difference last season and their remit was to keep them in the league. They had been through a sticky patch but followed it up with a great run just when he was under pressure and the run looked tough on paper - the bigger teams in a row, Sheff Wed, Charlton etc. Strung a number of wins together then took them the furthest in the FA Cup in clubs history and even then held Burnley away to the 90th min despite playing the second half with 10 men. He's a good lad.

Greenio
24-04-2023, 02:33 PM
In what capacity?

andrew70
24-04-2023, 02:40 PM
Would just love it personally, not a lot logically in terms of football, though that said, he's doing well down there. Fleetwood stayed up on goal difference last season and their remit was to keep them in the league. They had been through a sticky patch but followed it up with a great run just when he was under pressure and the run looked tough on paper - the bigger teams in a row, Sheff Wed, Charlton etc. Strung a number of wins together then took them the furthest in the FA Cup in clubs history and even then held Burnley away to the 90th min despite playing the second half with 10 men. He's a good lad.

I’d love it too. Think he would be good for us.

Why the urgency? I think after next season he’ll be getting even better financial offers.

Edina Street
24-04-2023, 03:00 PM
Scott Brown. He's one of our own.

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 03:16 PM
Personally I think the last thing we need at this stage is is a rookie manager like Scott brown . Too much of a gamble for me . As to him being one of our own I'd doubt that very much , after the amount of time he spent at parkhead in his career I'd imagine he's a right Celtic man now as well .

GreenGray
24-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Personally I think the last thing we need at this stage is is a rookie manager like Scott brown . Too much of a gamble for me . As to him being one of our own I'd doubt that very much , after the amount of time he spent at parkhead in his career I'd imagine he's a right Celtic man now as well .

He is less of a rookie than Barry Robson who is currently guiding Aberdeen to 3rd...

Bostonhibby
24-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Matty Jack role?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 03:49 PM
He is less of a rookie than Barry Robson who is currently guiding Aberdeen to 3rd...
Barry Robson has done remarkable well since coming in there's no doubt about it . Definitely having a good run of it though I'm still not convinced he's a good manager though and it will be interesting to see how he does when he hits a bad patch which will eventually will happen .

Shaun Maloney was also less of a rookie than Scott brown and we all know how that gamble went ! .Our club has been struggling for a while now and there's a lot of players need moved on and a few quality ones needed and the last thing we need is another inexperienced manager like brown to fix the mess we are in .

Anyhow there's a manager in place who's made progress on last season who will be in charge next season imo and talk of us appointing a rookie Fleetwood town manager is all fantasy stuff I think.

GreenGray
24-04-2023, 03:55 PM
Barry Robson has done remarkable well since coming in there's no doubt about it . Definitely having a good run of it though I'm still not convinced he's a good manager though and it will be interesting to see how he does when he hits a bad patch which will eventually will happen .

Shaun Maloney was also less of a rookie than Scott brown and we all know how that gamble went ! .Our club has been struggling for a while now and there's a lot of players need moved on and a few quality ones needed and the last thing we need is another inexperienced manager like brown to fix the mess we are in .

Anyhow there's a manager in place who's made progress on last season who will be in charge next season imo and talk of us appointing a rookie Fleetwood town manager is all fantasy stuff I think.

To be honest I don't think we should or will appoint Brown, although I wouldn't moan if we did.

Just don't think we should be turning our nose up at rookie managers especially when you consider some of our best managers of recent times have been rookies. Stubbs was a rookie and arguably got us out a bigger mess than we are currently in.

18Craig75
24-04-2023, 03:56 PM
If we’re going to bring in an inexperienced manager I’d prefer Marvin Bartley over Scott Brown.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 04:02 PM
If we’re going to bring in an inexperienced manager I’d prefer Marvin Bartley over Scott Brown.

Marv is much more experienced in coaching that Brown. How long was he assistant at Livvi?

MWHIBBIES
24-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Hopefully not. Disaster written all over it. If we're going for Celtic men, I'd rather Neil Lennon.

McGruber
24-04-2023, 04:11 PM

Don't disagree with most of what you say, but I'd still love to see it.
Not sure though how much progress has been made? A smidge? Made the top six which is the positive but we have lost the same amount of league games already. Cup final, semi final last season - pappped out both cups 1st hurdle this season and will lose more league games (barring no loses after the split). Could still end this season with less points. Mitigating circumstances yes. Easier games in general to finish last year. Imrpovement? Not really stark

weecounty hibby
24-04-2023, 04:12 PM
If we bring in Brown as a manager it would be like Lennon all over again with the media. Probably worse!! " So Scott, I know Hibs are playing hearts today but what is your opinion on celtic v Glenbuck Cherrypickers? Also you have won 2 games in a row now so obviously you are now being talked about as future celtic manager" I'd prefer Marv as well. No OF baggage and definitely Hibs

.Sean.
24-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Scott Brown. He's one of our own.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 aye so he is. As much one of us as his pal KT

eastmainsmsh
24-04-2023, 04:21 PM
Lambert DOF 😆

Cod Boy
24-04-2023, 04:31 PM
Charlie

Boyd

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Don't disagree with most of what you say, but I'd still love to see it.
Not sure though how much progress has been made? A smidge? Made the top six which is the positive but we have lost the same amount of league games already. Cup final, semi final last season - pappped out both cups 1st hurdle this season and will lose more league games (barring no loses after the split). Could still end this season with less points. Mitigating circumstances yes. Easier games in general to finish last year. Imrpovement? Not really stark
If we finish 5th and qualify for Europe it will be a improvement on finishing 8th and no Europe imo . I don't think our manager has thoroughly his own team yet either which is why he needs the summer window imo. I remember when Ross left and Maloney came in , I spent weeks wishing we hadn't got rid of Ross .

Much as I like Scott brown he'd be a massive gamble as he's still only new to management and not done anything to warrant becoming a manager of a club our size . Why not Bartley , Murray , Thomson as manager ? Basically the answer is they are either unproven or not good enough for us and brown imo is unproven and to much a risk at this stage for Hibs .