PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan - Open Goal

Mcbizz1998
20-04-2023, 05:48 AM
Decided to listen this week to hear Kevin Kyle crying about the derby. Interesting chat from Scotty Allan about his time at Hibs under Lenny. Including a bit about Scott making comments in the paper about Hibs feeling they could win at Pittodrie, only for someone at Aberdeen to stick the article on the Hibs dressing room wall for them arriving at the stadium.

Cue Lenny going absolutely mental [emoji23]

About 17 mins in if anyone wants to listen - https://youtu.be/8PyW9U2HW6U

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2023, 07:23 AM
Weegie Panel bigging up Nisbet for The Rangers

Need subtitles

Hibee Mac
20-04-2023, 11:17 AM

Need subtitlesThat bunch are a really tough listen

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

overdrive
20-04-2023, 11:24 AM

Need subtitles

The YouTube subtitles are hilarious if you put them on. The stuff it thinks they are saying is quite far from what I think they are saying.

20-04-2023, 11:27 AM

Need subtitles

It has subtitles. I use them to gauge how good AI has become and whether or not it is time to start panicking.

Itsnoteasy
20-04-2023, 03:10 PM
That bunch are a really tough listen

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terrible podcast

JohnM1875
20-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Terrible podcast

Honestly used to quite enjoy it. Probably just burnt out on all their pish now though.

All about the uglies and Hearts cause Halliday is with them.

Stubbsy90+2
20-04-2023, 03:29 PM
Honestly used to quite enjoy it. Probably just burnt out on all their pish now though.

I thought it was brilliant when it first came out and it was just Si Ferry interviewing folk.

The introduction of the rest of the folk on it now has completely ruined it.

JimBHibees
20-04-2023, 05:53 PM
I thought it was brilliant when it first came out and it was just Si Ferry interviewing folk.

The introduction of the rest of the folk on it now has completely ruined it.

Tend to agree thought his interviews were excellent. The chronic patter with intellectuals like Slaney and Kyle is pretty tortuous and boorish.

Unseen work
20-04-2023, 06:10 PM
Tend to agree thought his interviews were excellent. The chronic patter with intellectuals like Slaney and Kyle is pretty tortuous and boorish.

I really struggle to listen to it when Kevin Kyle asks a question and then goes on to try and answer it himself without letting the guest speak.

There was times in this one Scott Allan was trying to say something and Derek Ferguson and Kyle just shouted over him.

Let the guests speak ffs.

Mcbizz1998
20-04-2023, 06:35 PM

Yeah same. Used to be good and an antidote to those nerds on View from the terrace.

It’s now pish though.

Clarence
20-04-2023, 08:45 PM

I tuned out when Halliday joined hearts. Sounds like a good call from what everyone is saying.

Hulk1875
20-04-2023, 08:53 PM
Listened well tried to when mcgeouch was on, they all talk over eachother hard to follow haha, restless natives podcast with Gordon smart and Martin compston is good listen

Viva_Palmeiras
20-04-2023, 10:20 PM
Listened well tried to when mcgeouch was on, they all talk over eachother hard to follow haha, restless natives podcast with Gordon smart and Martin compston is good listen

yeah it’s like a rabble drunken over-excitable pub-talk - which may be funny when your a few pints in not sober…

The Baldmans Comb
21-04-2023, 02:26 AM
My god I manage to listen to this utter garbage for about 90 seconds most of the time trying to actually translate what was being said.

What a come down for Ferry from his one on one days when he had absolutely amazing scoops such as O'Connor talking about how he was blood doped before games in Russia or Mikey Stewart explaining that John Collins wasn't this strict disipilinarian trying to impose modern European methods on recalcitrant players.

Instead Collins could barely run a coaching session and ran away from Broonie when he was confronted as to how bad training was.

That "show" looked beyond the planet drivel though something a certain section of the Scottish public so richly deserves.

JimBHibees
21-04-2023, 06:07 AM
yeah it’s like a rabble drunken over-excitable pub-talk - which may be funny when your a few pints in not sober…

Yeah it is like when you turn up to meet your mates sober and they have been in the pub since lunchtime. Tortuous. :greengrin

Halmyre Hibee
21-04-2023, 08:30 AM
I tuned out when Halliday joined hearts. Sounds like a good call from what everyone is saying.

Anytime I’ve watched it Halliday has been very complimentary regarding Hibs despite others slagging us off.

Unseen work
21-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Anytime I’ve watched it Halliday has been very complimentary regarding Hibs despite others slagging us off.

He’s the best on there by a mile imo.

Seems to have a really good understanding of football, speaks well and very complimentary about all teams.

McFadden replacing macavennie is also a huge boost as the latter was hopeless and had zero knowledge of current players in the league

overdrive
21-04-2023, 09:09 AM
He’s the best on there by a mile imo.

Seems to have a really good understanding of football, speaks well and very complimentary about all teams.

McFadden replacing macavennie is also a huge boost as the latter was hopeless and had zero knowledge of current players in the league

Yep, at least Halliday is vaguely intelligible.

JohnM1875
24-04-2023, 04:37 PM
Latest episode is an interview with Marv after the big man won manager of the month. Definitely be giving that a try later.

Dunbar Hibee
24-04-2023, 04:55 PM
I used to like it but I can’t tolerate Kevin Kyle, he can barely speak English and his patter is horrific

Svengali
24-04-2023, 05:02 PM
I used to like it but I can’t tolerate Kevin Kyle, he can barely speak English and his patter is horrific

Agree honking. Was at Hearts 5 mins and acts like he’s some life long fan and club legend.