PDA

View Full Version : thats why im a fan not a manager

davym7062
15-04-2023, 08:49 PM
totally raging at the team selection today..... sorry lee

Ryan91
15-04-2023, 09:52 PM
totally raging at the team selection today..... sorry lee

I normally give the manager the benefit of the doubt when it comes to team selection, but I wasn't overly enthusiastic about that line-up when I saw it announced.

I think LJ got the selection right and the style of play was spot on too, pressed them high up the Pitch and competed physically.

matty_f
15-04-2023, 09:55 PM
Absolutely agree with the OP. I was very critical when I saw the starting team but it worked a treat. Credit to Johnson for getting it right.

PPZPOL
16-04-2023, 07:05 AM
I normally give the manager the benefit of the doubt when it comes to team selection, but I wasn't overly enthusiastic about that line-up when I saw it announced.

I think LJ got the selection right and the style of play was spot on too, pressed them high up the Pitch and competed physically.

It’s hard to work out why this isn’t implemented in the Motherwell game for example, felt like we were slow and lethargic in that one. Each game is different I know but front foot pressing and the amount of times we seemed to nick in and intercept balls was night and day in both games. Hearts didn’t help themselves by wanting to play out from back, but with no real idea of how to actually do it (e.g. Sibbick to Rowles, Rowles to Sibbick, back again a couple of more times, sometimes out to Kingsley and then back again to the centre halves).