PDA

View Full Version : Nisbet’s celebration

HendoDelivered
15-04-2023, 07:40 PM
Interesting comments. Wonder what he means? https://twitter.com/scotlandsky/status/1647295607051272192?s=46&t=U3pADl1ON1Em2jgBrQBI8w

18Craig75
15-04-2023, 08:27 PM
What was his celebration? Seemed like he just wheeled away and it wasn’t anything controversial?

Interesting he says he doesn’t forget…maybe something to do with the missed penalty in the semi during Covid? No idea!

Torto7
15-04-2023, 08:31 PM
He ran over to the **** bench so maybe to do with that?

Stairway 2 7
15-04-2023, 08:36 PM
People saying he ran to say something to Naismith but I didn't see it

1875Sean
15-04-2023, 08:36 PM
Surely he means he was due then one as he’s not scored much against them?

Diclonius
15-04-2023, 09:16 PM
Think there's something personal with Naismith.

dp00
15-04-2023, 10:00 PM

Maybe explains the lack of Scotland call up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spike Mandela
15-04-2023, 10:15 PM
I sit directly behind the Hearts dugout and he ran along past them , eyeballing them with the biggest cheesiest grin you’ve ever seen. It was brilliant.:greengrin:flag:

Cool_Hand_Luke
15-04-2023, 10:27 PM
He definitely directed it at someone in the hearts dugout…couldn’t tell you who it was though 👍

silverhibee
15-04-2023, 10:43 PM

:agree:

No love lost between both of them, not Nisbets making that he has an absolute hatred for Naismith.

HibeeMackenzie
16-04-2023, 12:15 AM
He made sure he ran right at Naismith, not sure what Sméagol done bud get it firmly up him regardless

JohnM1875
16-04-2023, 12:47 AM
Dunno about the history of it. But he's absolutely spot on. We ****ing battered them!

Nisbet was brilliant. Did think his celebration was all in though! More of the same to follow

Col2
16-04-2023, 12:55 AM
I think it comes back to Scottish cup semi which was delayed re COVID and behind closed doors. I remember Hibs were not happy with Naismith GIRUY stuff at the end and if I recall Nisbet missed a pen days after his father had passed away. Naismith is not a popular person with many in the game.

Gmack7
16-04-2023, 07:11 AM
I think it comes back to Scottish cup semi which was delayed re COVID and behind closed doors. I remember Hibs were not happy with Naismith GIRUY stuff at the end and if I recall Nisbet missed a pen days after his father had passed away. Naismith is not a popular person with many in the game.

That's because he's a wee 🐀

Johnny_Leith
16-04-2023, 07:23 AM
Nisbet is a superb player and could get to mcginn levels of career imo.

I know his attitude here and at other clubs has been questioned once there's been interest of new opportunities but what we saw yesterday was a fully fit and focused Nisbet and he was excellent. He could and probably would soon play at a higher level and score goal consistently as he's all the attributes and serious ambition.

BILLYHIBS
16-04-2023, 07:40 AM
Pleasing even better that Steve Clarke was sitting in the Stand

Said to everyone that would listen yesterday to the point of being boring that Nisbet was real quality and would score against them

Hopefully his injury is not too serious

Col2
16-04-2023, 07:52 AM
Pleasing even better that Steve Clarke was sitting in the Stand

Said to everyone that would listen yesterday to the point of being boring that Nisbet was real quality and would score against them

Hopefully his injury is not too serious

He looked fine at the end when players were doing lap of honour. He took a wee knock when through (and should have passed to Campbell). He was knackered as well. I am assuming he will be fine.

LewysGot2
16-04-2023, 07:55 AM
There's one wee fly in the detective ointment...

If it was Rat Boy he was aiming at then that's the national team assistant to Clarke.

Gamble in itself if Rat Boy is as much of an erse as he appears. However, might be the reason Nissy says he better not comment on it.

What I saw yesterday was a happy Nissy. He's always looked a bit tortured and moody at times but yesterday we saw a happy, encouraging team mate who also showed his quality.

We'll need 6 more of those between now and the end of the season. He looks in a better place

Stubbsy90+2
16-04-2023, 07:56 AM
Naismith is a ****ing ****bag.

JimBHibees
16-04-2023, 08:25 AM
:agree:

No love lost between both of them, not Nisbets making that he has an absolute hatred for Naismith.

What is the reason?

JimBHibees
16-04-2023, 08:30 AM

If it was Rat Boy he was aiming at then that's the national team assistant to Clarke.

Gamble in itself if Rat Boy is as much of an erse as he appears. However, might be the reason Nissy says he better not comment on it.

What I saw yesterday was a happy Nissy. He's always looked a bit tortured and moody at times but yesterday we saw a happy, encouraging team mate who also showed his quality.

We'll need 6 more of those between now and the end of the season. He looks in a better place

Don't think he is the assistant to Clarke but just a coach back up think Carver is Clarkes assistant. Steven Reid used to do the role Naismith somewhat bizarrely given his coaching credential seems to have got. Probably just happened to be at Oriam on the right day when Scotland team trained there.

Stubbsy90+2
16-04-2023, 08:39 AM
What is the reason?

Been a suggestion that Naismith told Nisbet he’d let his dad down after he missed the penalty at Hampden.

The Spaceman
16-04-2023, 08:41 AM
Been a suggestion that Naismith told Nisbet he’d let his dad down after he missed the penalty at Hampden.

Surely not - if so, fair play to Nisbet for not quoting that to the press. Disgusting if true, but Nisbet's comments are implicit he has been harbouring that for a while, so could be truth in it.

JimBHibees
16-04-2023, 09:13 AM

If the case should have laid him out there and then.

Clarence
16-04-2023, 09:21 AM

Was great to see. He made a challenge just in front of the west that had Matty Jack levels of dig to it.

Tambo
16-04-2023, 09:21 AM
Thought it was for the snubs from Scotland but shocking if that's true about Naismith.

10 goals in 13 now for Kevin after his return from injury.

WeeRussell
16-04-2023, 09:23 AM
I can’t see it being anything to do with Scotland. He’s been called-up when deserved. And most likely be in next squad provided he’s fully fit.

Tambo
16-04-2023, 09:42 AM
I can’t see it being anything to do with Scotland. He’s been called-up when deserved. And most likely be in next squad provided he’s fully fit.

It does make sense now after his comments and then the posters on here was just at first I thought it was after missing the last squads after being in good form and players dropping out and Shankland getting the replacement call up.

JimBHibees
16-04-2023, 09:44 AM
It does make sense now after his comments and then the posters on here was just at first I thought it was after missing the last squads after being in good form and players dropping out and Shankland getting the replacement call up.

Also he wouldn’t be making that decision

Tambo
16-04-2023, 10:04 AM
Also he wouldn’t be making that decision

Technically no but no doubt has a bit of influence but looks like its all been cleared up 👍

EskbankHibby
16-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Naismith is a glorified cone carrier in the national set up and he’s even under qualified for that role.

Carheenlea
16-04-2023, 10:52 AM

As unlikeable a character Naismith appears to be, I refuse to believe that even he would stoop as low into the gutter as that.

It’s simply an unthinkable thing for a normal human being to be uttering.

Unseen work
16-04-2023, 10:54 AM
Not celebration relation but still find it incredible some people thihhht he shouldn’t start yesterday.

10 goals in 13 now.

Unbelievable return after long and tough injury.

Well done Nizzy!

GGTTH07
16-04-2023, 10:58 AM
Don’t know how to post screenshots on here, but there is a picture of nisbet clearly upset after penalty miss in the semi final, and Naismith is in his ear. Definitely something in that rumour. Get it right up that horrible looking pr***.

tamig
16-04-2023, 11:03 AM
Not celebration relation but still find it incredible some people thihhht he shouldn’t start yesterday.

10 goals in 13 now.

Well done Nizzy!

This spell since his return from injury has been tremendous. He looks like a much more complete player. The best he’s looked since he first signed for us. Always had the intelligence but he’s doing stuff now that wasn’t great pre-injury - like being more of a nuisance in the air, better hold-up play. He also looks a bit quicker now to me as well. Would love him to be here next season but can’t see it unfortunately.

JamesHFC
16-04-2023, 11:20 AM

Naismith has played for both of the hun brothers. Sums him up.

JamesHFC
16-04-2023, 11:21 AM

10 goals in 13 now.

Well done Nizzy!

Absolutely, he had to start. Can’t drop players just because of their record against that team.

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2023, 11:24 AM

10 goals in 13 now.

Well done Nizzy!

I was on the fence about it. He's class but his derby performances before yesterday was poor. Yesterday he had that Rowles laddie on toast.

Let's not forget, Myko is a brilliant forward too. He could easily have won it for us as well.

500miles
16-04-2023, 11:33 AM

10 goals in 13 now.

Well done Nizzy!

To be fair, the player he would have swapped with was big Myk, who I would expect to bully thier backline similarly.

However, Nisbet has come back from injury as some unit. I never really considered him to be a player with a great step up in him, but if he can regularly bully defenders like that, he's easy top end championship.

Frazerbob
16-04-2023, 11:43 AM
Definitely not Scotland related. Nissy has a great relationship with Steve Clarke. When he was out injured, Clarke called him regularly and invited him along to join the squad for home games and was his guest at the games. He'll be in the next squad.

Greenbeard
16-04-2023, 11:50 AM
Didn't think my dislike of Nasalsmith could be any higher. That is under review. Once a Hun always a Hun. Even more so if you drop down to play for the pseudo Huns.

WeeRussell
16-04-2023, 11:50 AM
I think if LJ hadn’t started our best player and we’d lost to that hearts team this place would rightly have been going absolutely radge.

I was really pleased Nisbet got the goal he deserved after some question marks over previous derby performances. Great to see him enjoy it so much too.

Hibs4185
16-04-2023, 12:03 PM
I think yesterday ended any debate about Shankland v Nisbet.

Shankland has failed abroad and found his level.

Kevin has the ability to push on higher.

No brainer who should be in Scotland squad first going forward

16-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Naismith suits hearts perfectly - utterly classless

MWHIBBIES
16-04-2023, 12:41 PM
I think yesterday ended any debate about Shankland v Nisbet.

Shankland has failed abroad and found his level.

Kevin has the ability to push on higher.

No brainer who should be in Scotland squad first going forward

Shankland without penalties is Paul Heffernan or Kris Doolan. Will get you 10 a season, maybe 12, a decent player.

Nisbet is a different level.

Dunbar Hibee
16-04-2023, 12:49 PM
As unlikeable a character Naismith appears to be, I refuse to believe that even he would stoop as low into the gutter as that.

You can refuse to believe all you like, but it’s true…

Since90+2
16-04-2023, 12:58 PM

That's horrendous if true. Naismith is a wee dick but I find that hard to believe even he'd stoop to that level.

Where has this been suggested/ rumoured?

GGTTH07
16-04-2023, 01:08 PM

16-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Thought it was for the snubs from Scotland but shocking if that's true about Naismith.

10 goals in 13 now for Kevin after his return from injury.

I prefer to think of it as 10 goals from open play in the last 13. 🙂

Tambo
16-04-2023, 02:21 PM
I prefer to think of it as 10 goals from open play in the last 13. 🙂

Ha yeah that is also true, 84 Minutes per Goals.

Need to keep hold of him for next season.

raeburnhibs
16-04-2023, 04:00 PM

the coverage of the goal from the East Stand side on Twitter is unambiguous; Kev definitely says something to Naismith as he passes the Jambos bench

Diclonius
16-04-2023, 04:04 PM
This season...

Shankland: 22 goals in 42 games (10 open play, 12 penalties)
Nisbet: 10 goals in 14 games (10 open play, 0 penalties)

Hibbyradge
16-04-2023, 04:12 PM
the coverage of the goal from the East Stand side on Twitter is unambiguous; Kev definitely says something to Naismith as he passes the Jambos bench

Share a link?

raeburnhibs
16-04-2023, 04:22 PM
Share a link?

Here you are Hibbyradge

https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClubOfficial/videos/1962206804128460

Callum_62
16-04-2023, 04:24 PM
Share a link?https://youtu.be/0QsGEovZrWw

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Stubbsy90+2
16-04-2023, 04:25 PM
That's horrendous if true. Naismith is a wee dick but I find that hard to believe even he'd stoop to that level.

To be fair I would also agree I’d be surprised if Naismith stooped that low but then Nisbets comments/celebration could kind of be explained by such a comment from Naismith.

It’s been posted on here.

Mikey_1875
16-04-2023, 04:33 PM
If he has said something then Naismith looks like he didn’t hear it. From that video he looks in conversation with his assistant and doesn’t even look up at him.

Hibiza
16-04-2023, 04:33 PM
To be fair I would also agree I’d be surprised if Naismith stooped that low but then Nisbets comments/celebration could kind of be explained by such a comment from Naismith.

It’s been posted on here.

I was a big critic of Kevin Nisbet, he's been great since he's returned , happy to be proved wrong. Well done Kevin.

raeburnhibs
16-04-2023, 04:47 PM
If he has said something then Naismith looks like he didn’t hear it. From that video he looks in conversation with his assistant and doesn’t even look up at him.

True, Naismith ignores or doesn't hear it (I'm going with ignores) but Kev's body posture changes right as he passes the bench which is I'd suggest a signifier of probably saying something

Donegal Hibby
16-04-2023, 05:12 PM
Share a link?
Article here about Joe Newell's message and a touching gesture by Kevin Nisbet . :not worth

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/joe-newells-rallying-call-and-kevin-nisbets-touching-gesture-as-hibs-repair-bond-with-fans-at-key-stage-in-the-season-4106157

McD
16-04-2023, 05:23 PM
This spell since his return from injury has been tremendous. He looks like a much more complete player. The best he’s looked since he first signed for us. Always had the intelligence but he’s doing stuff now that wasn’t great pre-injury - like being more of a nuisance in the air, better hold-up play. He also looks a bit quicker now to me as well. Would love him to be here next season but can’t see it unfortunately.

To be fair, the player he would have swapped with was big Myk, who I would expect to bully thier backline similarly.

However, Nisbet has come back from injury as some unit. I never really considered him to be a player with a great step up in him, but if he can regularly bully defenders like that, he's easy top end championship.

he certainly seems to have added some physicality to his game, regularly initiating contact and as 500miles says, bullying defenders.

when he burst through and should have squared to Campbell, in the buildup rather than jockeying rowles, he bangs him and forces him off the ball and off balance, giving him the opportunity to get past him and pick up the ball. did similar quite a few times.

It’s not something I think he did much of before, but now seems to relish.

McD
16-04-2023, 05:25 PM
Didn't think my dislike of Nasalsmith could be any higher. That is under review. Once a Hun always a Hun. Even more so if you drop down to play for the pseudo Huns.

whilst he is a wee rat, I don’t think he did drop down with them, they hate him as he chose to object to his contract being transferred to the The’s, and walk away for nothing

that said, if he has said as what has been suggested, he has sunk to unspeakable depths

scoopyboy
16-04-2023, 05:53 PM

Once a rat, always a rat is how I described him yesterday

Spike Mandela
16-04-2023, 06:23 PM

Honestly, I’m right behind the duguout and watched him all the way, he just smiled at their bench whilst giving them the evil eye. Didn’t appear to say anything.

Jay
16-04-2023, 06:34 PM
Honestly, I’m right behind the duguout and watched him all the way, he just smiled at their bench whilst giving them the evil eye. Didn’t appear to say anything.

I must sit near you. I agree. He kinda nodded and laughed but said nothing

Baldy Foghorn
16-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Love him saying we battered them, well done KN:flag:

JimBHibees
16-04-2023, 07:35 PM
Article here about Joe Newell's message and a touching gesture by Kevin Nisbet . :not worth

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/joe-newells-rallying-call-and-kevin-nisbets-touching-gesture-as-hibs-repair-bond-with-fans-at-key-stage-in-the-season-4106157

Brilliant from Kevin that.

jacomo
16-04-2023, 07:42 PM
Shankland without penalties is Paul Heffernan or Kris Doolan. Will get you 10 a season, maybe 12, a decent player.

Nisbet is a different level.

Hard to argue with that.

One Day
17-04-2023, 06:44 AM

Naismith's an odious little sh*t and I feel there must be at least some truth in whats being said. What a disgusting thing to do, if true

Mick O'Rourke
17-04-2023, 07:12 AM
A goal and passionate celebration to remember.

Barry Kevin,Barry:greengrin

GRA
17-04-2023, 09:36 AM
When the line-up was announced I was surprised we didn't start big Myk and pin him against world cup superstar Rowles given his struggles in previous games.

However, Kev more than matched him with his movement and battling. He bullied him off the ball on more than one occasion. Great to see.

Scouse Hibee
17-04-2023, 10:38 AM

Yeah agreed, his football allegiances aside Naismith is a very decent bloke and I refuse to believe he said anything like that.