PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound

Pages : [1] 2

Diclonius
15-04-2023, 01:34 PM
Are yous all ok over there?

Carheenlea
15-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Just back at car - definitely sounds like a black cloud has smothered the station.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-04-2023, 03:02 PM
Didn’t have much of a reflection period. Such a contract with the Glasgow2 coverage

Trinity Hibee
15-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Good report early on, Tom English saying it only 1-0 but this was a rout.
Hibs deserving of the win and Hearts were gutless.
Preston also saying Hibs were worthy winners.

They couldn’t say anything else. We dominated

Diclonius
15-04-2023, 03:08 PM

Yup, stuck it on while waiting for the crowds to filter out. Very complimentary of us and critical of them, good stuff.

Skol
15-04-2023, 03:11 PM
Preston was about to combust such was his rage. Naismith out type stuff.

hibsbollah
15-04-2023, 03:34 PM
Are they still saying Hearts are the 3rd best team in Scotland BY FAR?

jacomo
15-04-2023, 03:43 PM

Fair play. I’m not disagreeing.

:greengrin

Bostonhibby
15-04-2023, 03:46 PM
Are they still saying Hearts are the 3rd best team in Scotland BY FAR?3rd best team in maroon in Scotland by a mile.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

tamig
15-04-2023, 04:41 PM
Just had it on. Pray for Mikey. He’s picking fights with everybody. About to spontaneously combust at any moment.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2023, 04:47 PM
someone from .net on the now :tee hee:

HarpOnHibee
15-04-2023, 04:53 PM

Hibeesbounce, surely?

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2023, 04:54 PM
Hibeesbounce, surely?

don't know who the bloke charlie is but the other is an admin on here

i think anyway :greengrin

tamig
15-04-2023, 05:00 PM

Matty.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2023, 05:02 PM
Matty.

:agree:

hibsbollah
15-04-2023, 05:06 PM
I hope Matty ties Michael Stewart’s laces together or similar antics.

Col2
15-04-2023, 05:07 PM
They have been debating / Arguing about Neilson and now admitting what WE ALL KNEW that Neilson was disliked due to 2016 2-0 up and money spinner replays

LewysGot2
15-04-2023, 06:02 PM
Are they still saying Hearts are the 3rd best team in Scotland BY FAR?

They won that in November. Got a trophy for it...

Diclonius
15-04-2023, 06:06 PM
They have been debating / Arguing about Neilson and now admitting what WE ALL KNEW that Neilson was disliked due to 2016 2-0 up and money spinner replays

Preston brings it up like every week.

matty_f
15-04-2023, 06:25 PM
don't know who the bloke charlie is but the other is an admin on here

i think anyway :greengrin

Former admin :aok:

Greenfly
15-04-2023, 10:19 PM

English even said we totally "out-thought, out-fought and outplayed" them ... I've always admired his judgement :greengrin

Johnny_Leith
15-04-2023, 11:12 PM
A marked lack of coverage comparative to the recent hearts derby wins imo. I've never been one to believe there was a bias either way in Hibs coverage but the press seem very quiet today...

Hibby70
22-04-2023, 09:38 PM
Tuned in once back to the car after the game so I could hear LJs take on the red.

Had to listen to about 10 minutes of Mikey Stewart and Tom English arguing over Naismith. It's an embarrassment of a production. Be as well sticking EastEnders on.

Donegal Hibby
22-04-2023, 10:11 PM
Just listened to it . Hibs bit on at 35 : 50 .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fj7vk3

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2023, 10:13 PM
Tuned in once back to the car after the game so I could hear LJs take on the red.

Had to listen to about 10 minutes of Mikey Stewart and Tom English arguing over Naismith. It's an embarrassment of a production. Be as well sticking EastEnders on.

Did my dulcet tones not help? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbizz1998
22-04-2023, 11:06 PM
Just listened to it . Hibs bit on at 35 : 50 .
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fj7vk3

LJ was pretty strong there against the piss poor (cheating) referees and VAR. Good to hear.

CallumLaidlaw
22-04-2023, 11:06 PM
LJ was pretty strong there against the piss poor (cheating) referees and VAR. Good to hear.

Probably get cited by the SFA now

overdrive
23-04-2023, 01:11 AM
Probably get cited by the SFA now

I really wish a manager would sue the GFA

Hibby70
23-04-2023, 06:36 AM
Did my dulcet tones not help? [emoji23]

I lost the signal just as you came on 😂

Svengali
23-04-2023, 11:46 AM
Just listened to yesterday’s offering. I don’t know why I put myself through it.

Tom English saying if he had 20-30 goes at guessing the St Mirren / Killie score, he wouldn’t have guess 2-0 to Kilmarnock….

Richard Foster saying Steven Naismith isn’t a big enough name for the third biggest job in Scotland…..😂😂

Foster saying Derek McInness knows how to get results when he needs to…. Shame he’s struggled the last 32 games.

Utter dug sh*te of a show.

Carheenlea
06-05-2023, 06:15 PM
Another wonderful show today. Wouldn’t have known Hibs and St Mirren were playing if you tuned in to drive home. Basically just Bobby Madden droning on with referring chat and the odd fan phoning in with a boring question. Absolute snooze-fest.

Dmas
06-05-2023, 06:52 PM
Another wonderful show today. Wouldn’t have known Hibs and St Mirren were playing if you tuned in to drive home. Basically just Bobby Madden droning on with referring chat and the odd fan phoning in with a boring question. Absolute snooze-fest.

First time I’d listened in a while today, was really poor, driving back west barely heard a thing from ER the whole time just whining about VAR they can’t have many listeners tuning in to that every week if that’s the standard

Jones28
06-05-2023, 06:58 PM
Open All Mics unavailable today? All I could get was the St Johnston Dundee United game?

Broken Gnome
06-05-2023, 07:02 PM
You hear Kenny MacIntyre say VAAAARRRRR so many times in an afternoon that I think I can hear it in my sleep at night. He makes it awfy hard work to listen to.

GreenGray
06-05-2023, 07:07 PM
You hear Kenny MacIntyre say VAAAARRRRR so many times in an afternoon that I think I can hear it in my sleep at night. He makes it awfy hard work to listen to.

He’s so tragic it hurts

Alfred E Newman
06-05-2023, 07:26 PM
Open All Mics unavailable today? All I could get was the St Johnston Dundee United game?

All the usual bores getting a Saturday off as the Old Firm, Hearts and Aberdeen aren’t playing till tomorrow.
They are not really interested in anyone else.

whiskyhibby
06-05-2023, 07:43 PM
Does anyone actually still listen to that Glasgow centric dross anymore?

A Hi-Bee
06-05-2023, 07:54 PM
Why would anyone listen to this west coast crap anyways, leave them to it, let it just fail due to lack of interest.

Real Emerald
06-05-2023, 08:32 PM
I couldn’t believe their after game coverage today. Usually they spend 40 minutes discussing the old firm, today when the arse cheeks aren’t playing they had a talk in with Ref Madden and then a discussion on the game last night including interviewing fans. Basically ignoring what happened today except a brief summary. The show is absolute pish.

Gloucester Hibs
06-05-2023, 08:47 PM
I couldn’t believe their after game coverage today. Usually they spend 40 minutes discussing the old firm, today when the arse cheeks aren’t playing they had a talk in with Ref Madden and then a discussion on the game last night including interviewing fans. Basically ignoring what happened today except a brief summary. The show is absolute pish.

You did get a dejected sounding Brian McLaughlin give a brief post-match summary where he lamented the St Mirren defending for our goals before quickly conceding at the end that we couldn’t been 4 or 5 up and deserved to win

H18 SFR
06-05-2023, 08:50 PM
I switched it off when Bobby madden corrected Alan Preston that is wasn’t the rules of the game and that it was the laws of the game. ****ing pedantic.

Moulin Yarns
16-07-2023, 01:57 PM
Listening today it sounds like Tom English has a new target in Dundee United.

Col2
12-08-2023, 04:29 PM
Listed from 2pm to hear of any discussion about midweek European results.

Here was me thinking Hibs had the best performance and result but not if you listened to the usual halfwits. 15 mins on the Rangers, 3-4 mins on Hearts and 1 min in Hibs which was nothing about the performance or result and more about lee Johnston and presenter made it clear it needed to be a very quick discussion.

Turned off at that point.

MartinfaePorty
12-08-2023, 04:32 PM
Listed from 2pm to hear of any discussion about midweek European results.

Here was me thinking Hibs had the best performance and result but not if you listened to the usual halfwits. 15 mins on the Rangers, 3-4 mins on Hearts and 1 min in Hibs which was nothing about the performance or result and more about lee Johnston and presenter made it clear it needed to be a very quick discussion.

Turned off at that point.

Yeah, that was really weird. Was only half-listening, but was it Michael Stewart started his usual moan about inconsistency and it then suddenly morphed into a whole other conversation that had nothing to do with Hibs. St Mirren currently their darlings, which I get given their first 2 league results, but the Old Firm still dominates the (mostly inane) chat.

Nicho87
12-08-2023, 06:27 PM
I’ve stopped listening

Full of old men with their favoured clubs

Impartial and current - not a chance

MikeyS
12-08-2023, 07:08 PM
I’ve stopped listening

Full of old men with their favoured clubs

Impartial and current - not a chance

I'd be amazed if even 40% of their listeners will have seen Willie Miller or Pat Bonner play football! **** knows why they keep getting asked back!

Glory Lurker
12-08-2023, 07:16 PM
End of Off the Ball means off the radio for me.

cabbageandribs1875
12-08-2023, 07:18 PM
OTB is brilliant, end of and FACT

Waxy
12-08-2023, 07:23 PM
Agendasound

judas
12-08-2023, 07:51 PM
……. but the Old Firm still dominates the (mostly inane) chat.

This for me. The chat is repetitive and banal. Listening to thick cyclical over analysis about the two team OF league is just so tiring and boring.

One Day Soon
12-08-2023, 08:27 PM
End of Off the Ball means off the radio for me.

On and Off the Ball are just trite crap now. ‘Presenters’ only interested in the Ugly Sisters and their own clubs.

Glory Lurker
12-08-2023, 08:28 PM
On and Off the Ball are just trite crap now. ‘Presenters’ only interested in the Ugly Sisters and their own clubs.

Total boooooo, chief. Off the Ball is still broadminded.

LaMotta
12-08-2023, 08:33 PM
I really like Sportsound, its been a part of my life for decades and don't think it's as bad as people make out. No one is forcing you to listen to it if you hate it. :greengrin Sportsound had a Hibs pre season podcast previewing the season with Liam McLeod and somebody else from BBC who I can't remember. Matty Fairnie from Longbangers/here was also on it and it was a good listen. Matty was excellent and Liam McLeod knows his stuff.

That said, if you want really good post match analysis of the weeks games, then the Terrace Podcast is great, comes out on a Monday I think and has good insight on all the games, particularly Hibs and Hearts.

One Day Soon
12-08-2023, 08:36 PM
Total boooooo, chief. Off the Ball is still broadminded.

Cosgrove is painful. Cowan’s clown act is threadbare. The barely concealed political agenda spoils what little interesting football stuff there is. TBQH I think I’m a good bit biased against it because it’s part of BBC Scotland’s football coverage which I detest in the round. With the honourable exception of Mikey Stewart whose football insight I think is first class and who I admire for calling out the recurring sectarianism of the Ugly Sisters. As you know, I’ve no time for his political views but on the fitba I think he’s spot on. It’s an OtB no from me and, for that reason, I’m out.

Col2
12-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Kenny Miller keeps stumbling into ‘we’ when he refers to The Rangers.

Any show that is employing biscuits Preston, Derek thick as pig **** Ferguson and token female ‘Leanne’ who is literally on every single show should be stopped. Both Leanne and some boy with surname Roy still pine for the return of Jack Ross.

Michael Stewart is literally the only person with a decent view.

Rumble de Thump
12-08-2023, 08:40 PM
The people who provide sports coverage on BBC Scotland (radio and TV) seem to think that being utterly rubbish at what they do and unprofessional is actually, somehow a good thing. They seem to revel in it. Maybe it's just the knowledge that no matter how bad they are someone at the BBC keeps the pay cheques flowing.

Col2
12-08-2023, 08:40 PM
I really like Sportsound, its been a part of my life for decades and don't think it's as bad as people make out. No one is forcing you to listen to it if you hate it. :greengrin Sportsound had a Hibs pre season podcast previewing the season with Liam McLeod and somebody else from BBC who I can't remember. Matty Fairnie from Longbangers/here was also on it and it was a good listen. Matty was excellent and Liam McLeod knows his stuff.

That said, if you want really good post match analysis of the weeks games, then the Terrace Podcast is great, comes out on a Monday I think and has good insight on all the games, particularly Hibs and Hearts.

Nobody is forcing anyone to listens to it and suggesting they must. Liam Macleod is decent but a commentator and rarely given opportunity to comment.

Bobby's Cinema
12-08-2023, 08:45 PM

Any show that is employing biscuits Preston, Derek thick as pig **** Ferguson and token female ‘Leanne’ who is literally on every single show should be stopped. Both Leanne and some boy with surname Roy still pine for the return of Jack Ross.

Don't know where he came from and how he became so prominent but loves the sound of his own voice.

The coverage is rotten. Even after how many years of doing things, in the 5 mins I listened today there were two occasions it was announced 'oh they're checking for a penalty here, I'm not sure it was good play down the left, the ball came over etc etc' and about 30 seconds goes by without being told who for - they are murder for that. Atleast RG had a bit of awareness and used to quickly jump in and find out.

My main gripe is getting in the car immediately after a game at ER and driving back home without getting anything at all on the match I've just watched.

ErinGoBraghHFC
12-08-2023, 08:54 PM
Cosgrove is painful. Cowan’s clown act is threadbare. The barely concealed political agenda spoils what little interesting football stuff there is. TBQH I think I’m a good bit biased against it because it’s part of BBC Scotland’s football coverage which I detest in the round. With the honourable exception of Mikey Stewart whose football insight I think is first class and who I admire for calling out the recurring sectarianism of the Ugly Sisters. As you know, I’ve no time for his political views but on the fitba I think he’s spot on. It’s an OtB no from me and, for that reason, I’m out.

What does Michael Stewart’s politics have to do with anything? And what clear political agenda? What are you on about?

Glory Lurker
12-08-2023, 08:55 PM

We'll agree on something one day but until then: booooooooooooooo! 😄

LaMotta
12-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Nobody is forcing anyone to listens to it and suggesting they must. Liam Macleod is decent but a commentator and rarely given opportunity to comment.

Well yeah but its a bit like the Only an Excuse thread we get every New Year, with people just moaning about how much they hate it (again). :greengrin

Liam McLeod gets more of a look in on the online podcasts rather than the live radio coverage analysis, usually cause he's commentating I think.

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 09:05 PM

Think off the ball is still good. Don't notice any political agenda. Will be the only thing on the BBC if there was.

The_Exile
12-08-2023, 09:11 PM
I couldn't imagine my weekend without Off the Ball, and I feel it's much more than a football show these days.

JimBHibees
12-08-2023, 09:13 PM

Rory Loy average player ex Rangers which obviously got him in he door in the first place. Rambles on as much as Leanne cliche bingo does. Tortuous

One Day Soon
12-08-2023, 09:15 PM
What does Michael Stewart’s politics have to do with anything? And what clear political agenda? What are you on about?

As my kids used to say, I just can’t even…

One Day Soon
12-08-2023, 09:17 PM
We'll agree on something one day but until then: booooooooooooooo! 😄

Johnson out!! Does that help? :-)

Musselbound
12-08-2023, 11:03 PM
Yeah, that was really weird. Was only half-listening, but was it Michael Stewart started his usual moan about inconsistency and it then suddenly morphed into a whole other conversation that had nothing to do with Hibs. St Mirren currently their darlings, which I get given their first 2 league results, but the Old Firm still dominates the (mostly inane) chat.

All teams in the Premiership are inconsistent, apart from Celtic and Rangers, as I'm sure you know. Did he have time to get going on his other mantra about Youan lacking a final ball?

Alex Trager
12-08-2023, 11:13 PM

If you want good quality Hibs analysis, listen to the Hibs podcasts. Forget about the Beeb stuff. Matty is on the beeb now and then but has his own pod. There are currently two other active pods that are far better than Mikey Stewart, Wullie Miller and Patrick Bonnar.

Carheenlea
12-08-2023, 11:16 PM
I feel like I’ve exhausted more time than I’ve really needed to bemoaning Sportsound and its content in recent seasons.

Ultimately it’s a bit of background noise to accompany the drive to and from Easter Road and beyond. Is it such an important media outlet to be getting worked up over? 10O% not.

Watch the games, gather your own thoughts and opinions.

Diclonius
12-08-2023, 11:18 PM

Surely not, he's a massive Hibs fan. Desperate to play for us! Etc etc.

hibee-boys
12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
If I don’t listen to Off The Ball I catch up with the podcast midweek, very rarely miss a week. Not sure how that show can be branded pro Old Firm, I find it anything but. Each to their own I guess. As for Sportsound, can’t say I go out my way to listen to it but have it on in the car on the way to the games/way back, at least it’s concentrated on Scottish football, albeit very much through an Old Firm lense!

Carheenlea
12-08-2023, 11:31 PM

I’m going to go into this season with the mindset of that’s why Sportsound is so entertaining. A sort of so bad it’s good kind of affair.

I’m hoping for a more extreme the better scenario simply for more laughs.

LaMotta
13-08-2023, 01:48 PM
If you want good quality Hibs analysis, listen to the Hibs podcasts. Forget about the Beeb stuff. Matty is on the beeb now and then but has his own pod. There are currently two other active pods that are far better than Mikey Stewart, Wullie Miller and Patrick Bonnar.

Yeah agreed, Longbangers best for me, but I feel I get enough Hibs analysis on here and like to hear insight on other teams/games so would listen to Terrace and Sportsound first.

Kato
13-08-2023, 01:59 PM
Tynie "not a full house as usual" . Aye right.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
13-08-2023, 02:12 PM
Tynie "not a full house as usual" . Aye right.

Sent from my SM-A528B using TapatalkBut there's 400,000 outside, all in matching cardigans.

percy veer
24-08-2023, 06:00 PM
That boy mcglauglin really is a fat bitter jam welt" well its up to hearts to return pride to edinburgh after hibs last night".

24-08-2023, 06:33 PM
That boy mcglauglin really is a fat bitter jam welt" well its up to hearts to return pride to edinburgh after hibs last night".

Of course if they don't win there will be no mention of them failing to restore pride, or that they're against a much more inferior opponent.

Baader
24-08-2023, 06:34 PM

Utter clown. Its a pity we have to put up with these incompetent, moronic, amateur slavers.

Jim44
24-08-2023, 06:37 PM
Fat, ignorant, Jambo twat. I’d love them to take a doing but I’ve a feeling they’ll go into the away game with at least a draw.

The fat twat knows himself that his team would have struggled as badly as we did last night.

percy veer
24-08-2023, 06:41 PM
I don't know why hibs continue to let this guy have anything to do with hibs, call it out.

Baader
24-08-2023, 06:41 PM
Fat, ignorant, Jambo twat. I’d love them to take a doing but I’ve a feeling they’ll go into the away game with at least a draw.

Brian McLaughlin asking Shankenstein if the Greeks "may freeze in this atmosphere." :faf:

Ever seen football in Greece?!!

To be fair to foreheid he dismissed the question.

Rumble de Thump
24-08-2023, 06:42 PM
He looks and sounds like a Jambo. Probably smells like one too but, fortunately, I haven't been that close to him to confirm.

LewysGot2
24-08-2023, 06:54 PM

Heard that on the radio driving home.

And how wonderful they were last week.

Same drivel on the commentary- so biased.

Alfred E Newman
24-08-2023, 06:58 PM

They just can't help themselves, it's inbred.

JimBHibees
24-08-2023, 08:47 PM
McLaughlin is shocking so bitter and how we as a club need to put up with his nonsense is a joke

Berwickhibby
24-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Brian McLaughlin asking Shankenstein if the Greeks "may freeze in this atmosphere." :faf:

Ever seen football in Greece?!!

To be fair to foreheid he dismissed the question.

That’s not a foreheid, it’s a fiveheid bordering on a sixheid :greengrin

Libby Hibby
24-08-2023, 08:56 PM
The Hertz tears in the BBC studio is truly wonderful.

Jim44
24-08-2023, 09:09 PM
The Hertz tears in the BBC studio is truly wonderful.

They still fancy their chances over there. :greengrin:rolleyes: That team will take them apart on their home ground.

DH1875
24-08-2023, 09:13 PM
They still fancy their chances over there. :greengrin:rolleyes: That team will take them apart on their home ground.

On and off the park.

PatHead
25-08-2023, 02:46 PM

Could really see him saying that about Glasgow if Celtic or The Rangers were in that position.

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2023, 03:09 PM
**** the bbc, it is so bad I dont even bother to pay the licence anymore, jambo and west coast sheite.
:thumbsup:

FatPat
25-08-2023, 04:04 PM
Had to laugh at the bare faced cheek of Levin last night moaning at the end about the physicality and time wasting by POAK, almost crashed the car coming home from work. Cause Levin was always known for his positive style of play and tiki taka style football :greengrin

truehibernian
25-08-2023, 05:53 PM
Had to laugh at the bare faced cheek of Levin last night moaning at the end about the physicality and time wasting by POAK, almost crashed the car coming home from work. Cause Levin was always known for his positive style of play and tiki taka style football :greengrin

Three times Devlin fell holding his face, stayed down, looked up when he realised ref played on, and jumped to his feet. Shankland did it second half too, going down holding his face under no contact. In fact, Shankland should have got a red for the elbow and a further yellow getting involved with their centre half squaring up.

Hearts were as ‘at it’ as PAOK - Devlin is a wee cheat, a Poundland Scott Brown.

GRA
03-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Celtic & Hibs win on the same day their beloved huns (full fat & diet) & sheep lose...moment of silence for the presenters please... 🤣

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-09-2023, 04:56 PM
Yogi was absolutely brilliant on sportsound today. Was genuinely over the moon with todays result/s. :)

OstKurve Hibs
03-09-2023, 05:22 PM
Yogi was absolutely brilliant on sportsound today. Was genuinely over the moon with todays result/s. :)

That'll be his days on sports outdoor numbered now ! Lol

Huns, sheep, ****bos ! Gtf

Jim44
03-09-2023, 05:35 PM
7-15pm, BBC Scotland. I’m going to enjoy it for once. :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
03-09-2023, 05:41 PM

I gave up listening to whispering Cliff Pike on Hibs TV and tuned into Sportsound for the second half. I thought the commentary was excellent, Willie included.

Kato
03-09-2023, 05:44 PM
https://twitter.com/N0ph0nes/status/1698391366588305865?t=yTNDKq2fwkna8bq3crOnbQ&s=19

Juice-Terry
03-09-2023, 05:48 PM
https://twitter.com/N0ph0nes/status/1698391366588305865?t=yTNDKq2fwkna8bq3crOnbQ&s=19

Hibs class.

mixumatosis
03-09-2023, 05:58 PM

"Alienate half of Scotland"

Half of Scotland aye ?

Dibben
03-09-2023, 06:00 PM

Half of Scotland aye ?

Lol… unbelievable comment!! Folk can take pop shots at Hibs all the like, but he has the ‘cheek’ to mention the Hearts result! 🤣🤣🤣

Since452
03-09-2023, 06:04 PM

Half of Scotland aye ?

Richard Gordon's 2nd team though

Greenbeard
03-09-2023, 06:04 PM
Nearly choked on my green tea when Willie Miller said at HT that Hibs were the better team.

Jim44
03-09-2023, 06:05 PM
7-15pm, BBC Scotland. I’m going to enjoy it for once. :greengrin

I’m getting Sportsound confused with Sportscene. Same difference, Sportscene tonight will be squirmgate.:greengrin

scm70nyd1973
03-09-2023, 06:40 PM
Nearly choked on my green tea when Willie Miller said at HT that Hibs were the better team.

He’s not too bad that way really - he calls it as it is. As for Red TV it is by far the most bias out of the lot - so bias it is ridiculous- surprisingly Hearts & Rangers TV aren’t too bad - Celtic is second to the sheep- all IMHO of course 👍

SaulGoodman
03-09-2023, 06:42 PM
I’m getting Sportsound confused with Sportscene. Same difference, Sportscene tonight will be squirmgate.:greengrin

Half an hour so far talking about a 1-0 btw.

Iain G
03-09-2023, 06:44 PM
Am trying not to throw up with how sycophantic this is! Mulgrew is awful...

And Aberdeen v Hibs the last game to be shown!

O'Rourke3
03-09-2023, 06:45 PM
Half an hour so far talking about a 1-0 btw.They'll use the next 30 to further discuss the game too....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
03-09-2023, 06:45 PM
Miller is like Levein, doesn't make any bones about being biased to a club I don't like but talks sense.

Glory Lurker
03-09-2023, 06:47 PM
They'll use the next 30 to further discuss the game too....

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

And we're on last again. They're not even trying to hide it.

SaulGoodman
03-09-2023, 06:48 PM
What’s with the commentary in the Hearts game? It’s like listening to an audiobook. So amateur

Iain G
03-09-2023, 06:52 PM
What’s with the commentary in the Hearts game? It’s like listening to an audiobook. So amateur

It's BBC Scotland, it is amateur!

pollution
03-09-2023, 07:19 PM
It's BBC Scotland, it is amateur!

I think that neither commentator was actually at the Hibs or Hearts games, merely added at the studio after the games.

After all, the idiot commentator passed comment at the Hibs topless supporters saying it wasn't that warm at Pittodrie ???? It was 26 degrees there today.

Just pathetic and ill prepared in my view.

Iain G
03-09-2023, 07:22 PM
I think that neither commentator was actually at the Hibs or Hearts games, merely added at the studio after the games.

After all, the idiot commentator passed comment at the Hibs topless supporters saying it wasn't that warm at Pittodrie ???? It was 26 degrees there today.

And then just nattering over the highlights at the end when am sure they should be talking to the pictures! Urgh it's shoddy, jobs for the weegie old boys network

SaulGoodman
03-09-2023, 07:23 PM

Noticed that.. or the fact he was adamant that the ref was pointing for a penalty even thought that’s clearly not what he was pointing at.

Rumble de Thump
03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
They spend far too much time labouring over any Celtic or Sevco games, which makes for painfully slow viewing. Then they race through the highlights of any other games with little or no analysis. As with Scottish football in general, the obsession with pandering to the Old Firm leads, overall, to a needlessly poor product.

Jones28
03-09-2023, 07:40 PM
They spend far too much time labouring over any Celtic or Sevco games, which makes for painfully slow viewing. Then they race through the highlights of any other games with little or no analysis. As with Scottish football in general, the obsession with pandering to the Old Firm leads, overall, to a needlessly poor product.

I only caught the highlights by coincidence but I’d forgotten how utterly amateurish the show was. They talk over the highlights, don’t look or analyse anything, race through it really quickly and barely touch key incidents. Should Aberdeen have had 2 red cards? Yes. But neither of those incidents occurred according to sportscene.

Broken Gnome
03-09-2023, 07:52 PM
I only caught the highlights by coincidence but I’d forgotten how utterly amateurish the show was. They talk over the highlights, don’t look or analyse anything, race through it really quickly and barely touch key incidents. Should Aberdeen have had 2 red cards? Yes. But neither of those incidents occurred according to sportscene.

Just seen three reruns of the Duk penalty incident, and the three of them completely ignored it. It's just weird. Sportsound's the same. So many words saying so very little.

H18 SFR
03-09-2023, 07:58 PM

Half of Scotland aye ?

Jesus Christ, does he genuinely think half of Scotland support hearts? What a bizarre thing to say.

Stanton Spence
03-09-2023, 08:00 PM
Hibs class.

That’s the wye it goes 😂

CentreLine
03-09-2023, 08:57 PM
If Boyle had made that Duk dive we’d never have heard the end of it. They pick and chose who they crucify on that program.

Interesting how they defended defeats for both Aberdeen and hearts as from having to play in European competition during the week. I guess our game didn’t count 🤔

Nicho87
03-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Been clear for years that their is quite something anti hibs within bbc

And something very pro hearts, Aberdeen to it.

It’s sickening - I do love a conspiracy too!

leith lynx
03-09-2023, 09:06 PM
Funny how they didn't show the elbow on Youan, should have been a red, protecting they're own I suppose!

cammy1969
03-09-2023, 09:12 PM
Miller is like Levein, doesn't make any bones about being biased to a club I don't like but talks sense.

No got a problem with miller being pro Aberdeen, but any pro Aberdeen pundit who could say anything postive about them today would be not doing there job they are a very very poor team. If that was us at home today playing like them this place would be in melt down they are a terrible team imo

Musselbound
04-09-2023, 04:50 AM
If Boyle had made that Duk dive we’d never have heard the end of it. They pick and chose who they crucify on that program.

Interesting how they defended defeats for both Aberdeen and hearts as from having to play in European competition during the week. I guess our game didn’t count 🤔

There seems to be a mix of comments on here about Sportsound and Sportscene. But Richard Gordon and Willie Miller did have a discussion on the radio tbf about how playing Europe midweek never used to be an excuse in Miller's day. It's a good point too. As you say, it was the same for both teams and I thought Barry Robson's post match comment about "two tired teams" was a bit weak as well. Not sure what match he was watching. Still might give him some excuses till Xmas I suppose.

norhfc
04-09-2023, 05:38 AM

It,s alright for McCann to admit being a hun yesterday but when Yogi was delighted in our win and jambos losing they had to make some smartersed comment to him. They all had a bad day yesterday, nice to hear Yogi upbeat and happy with the days results 😁

04-09-2023, 06:41 PM
It,s alright for McCann to admit being a hun yesterday but when Yogi was delighted in our win and jambos losing they had to make some smartersed comment to him. They all had a bad day yesterday, nice to hear Yogi upbeat and happy with the days results 😁

Levein regularly makes comments about not wanting Hibs to do well, which I don't have a problem with as it's just banter. Richard Gordon and co just laugh along when Levein does it.

Kato
04-09-2023, 06:44 PM
Levein regularly makes comments about not wanting Hibs to do well, which I don't have a problem with as it's just banter. Richard Gordon and co just laugh along when Levein does it.That's because half of Scotland are Hearts fans ...

Aldo
04-09-2023, 07:09 PM
That's because half of Scotland are Hearts fans ...

Wonder if they have a Hearts fans waiting list??

Bostonhibby
04-09-2023, 07:13 PM
Wonder if they have a Hearts fans waiting list??400,000 strong and that's just for the 400,000 "managerial" type positions. Qualified and not so qualified.

They're going to need more dining chairs.

Kato
04-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Wonder if they have a Hearts fans waiting list??The have a Hearts pundit waiting list, dozens of squeaky voiced ex-**** players willing to chuck in their tuppenceworth.

Aldo
04-09-2023, 07:18 PM
400,000 strong and that's just for the 400,000 "managerial" type positions. Qualified and not so qualified.

They're going to need more dining chairs.

Might be better with the folding type chair so the dining type chairs can go back to their Wetherspoons type lounge!

Aldo
04-09-2023, 07:18 PM
The have a Hearts pundit waiting list, dozens of squeaky voiced ex-**** players willing to chuck in their tuppenceworth.

[emoji2960]

Bostonhibby
04-09-2023, 07:22 PM
Might be better with the folding type chair so the dining type chairs can go back to their Wetherspoons type lounge![emoji16]there's a lot of managers to fit into a relatively small space, so maybe some church pews like they used to have in the famously atmospheric old stand?

Aldo
04-09-2023, 07:24 PM
[emoji16]there's a lot of managers to fit into a relatively small space, so maybe some church pews like they used to have in the famously atmospheric old stand?

Ah yes there’s a plan. Another first in global football

Sheffhibee
21-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Surpassing themselves today, one game today and Hibs have not had a single mention, 35mins ofchat exclusively Rangers........ Bloody amateur hour 😂

gbhibby
21-10-2023, 01:34 PM
Surpassing themselves today, one game today and Hibs have not had a single mention, 35mins ofchat exclusively Rangers........ Bloody amateur hour 😂
Turned off after 10 mins went back in still talking about them. Kenny Miller still saying us in relation to The Rangers.

leith lynx
21-10-2023, 01:46 PM
Turned off after 10 mins went back in still talking about them. Kenny Miller still saying us in relation to The Rangers.

Heard that as well, Kenny Miller showing his true colours, Tom English being a twat as well, hope we sicken them (again) with a 92nd min winner...

A Hi-Bee
21-10-2023, 01:54 PM

refuse to watch, if enough people do this then they will have to change or drop it altogether they are a bunch o phanneys, not gonna get my licence cash to help pay them.

Alfred E Newman
21-10-2023, 04:20 PM
Why do the Sportscene producers persist in playing loud music over the results and league table summaries?
Bloody annoying especially for those of us with cloth ears. :grr:

BS44
25-11-2023, 05:36 PM
If anyone is ever in the same boozer as Duncan Ferguson and there's a jukebox don't let him anywhere near it. Sportsound ask someone from Scottish football to pick three songs for them to play after the Saturday games are finished, big Dunc first two picks have been Johnny Cash and then Queen, both rubbish. I'd like to turn radio off now and watch the TV but I can't until I find out what is third pick will be, possibly Darts or Shakin Stevens

leith lynx
25-11-2023, 05:40 PM
If anyone is ever in the same boozer as Duncan Ferguson and there's a dukebox don't let him anywhere near it. Sportsound ask someone from Scottish football to pick three songs for them to play after the Saturday games are finished, big Dunc first two picks have been Johnny Cash and then Queen, both rubbish. I'd like to turn radio off now and watch the TV but I can't until I find out what is third pick will be, possibly Darts or Shakin Stevens

Nothing rubbish about that (Shakin Stevens might change that tho!) Jukebox b.t.w.

Wheat Hound
25-11-2023, 05:42 PM
Nearly 2 hours after final whistle and not even a match summary or report of our game, never mind any analysis. Joke of a show

A Hi-Bee
25-11-2023, 05:45 PM
Nothing rubbish about that (Shakin Stevens might change that tho!) Jukebox b.t.w.

Nothin wrong wi "The Green Door"

wookie70
25-11-2023, 05:45 PM
Nearly 2 hours after final whistle and not even a match summary or report of our game, never mind any analysis. Joke of a show I presumed I had missed it walking back to the car after the game. Hard to imagine but it is actually getting worse

Cat Stanton
25-11-2023, 05:54 PM
Nearly 2 hours after final whistle and not even a match summary or report of our game, never mind any analysis. Joke of a show

It's astonishing. I just assumed I had missed it.

percy veer
25-11-2023, 05:58 PM

Was thinking the same on the drive back, weird when our game probs had more action , let's talk about the snooze feat and tynie and Dingwall, even better let's bring on rangers and aberdeen fans.

Col2
25-11-2023, 05:58 PM

I had to leave dens park on 90 mins as needed to get back sharp. I couldn’t believe not a single mention on the Hibs game, no match report, no interviews, I gave up when I got home 20 mins ago.

hibstag
25-11-2023, 06:05 PM

They had an indepth analysis of hearts performance with naibadges only questions they didn't ask him was what hand he wipes his arse with

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 06:07 PM
They had an indepth analysis of hearts performance with naibadges only questions they didn't ask him was what hand he wipes his arse with

Probably had to ask Frankie what the answer to that was.

Baader
25-11-2023, 06:20 PM

Tom English probably does that for him

A Hi-Bee
25-11-2023, 06:22 PM
Why oh why does anyone listen/watch this west coast sheite, dont watch and **** them I say.

Nicho87
25-11-2023, 06:25 PM
I used to actually really enjoy James Traynors call in after the Saturday games years ago.

The current set up is garbage is the same boys that phone in each week (who I don’t have any issue with at all) they get asked a question and then the rest of the panel answer it for them.

As for the player picking 3 tunes what a mess sportsound is

It’s so outdated with the old school brigade badly needing chucked in the bin

Chic young
Preston
Willie miller

Call it a day lads

Baader
25-11-2023, 06:29 PM
I used to actually really enjoy James Traynors call in after the Saturday games years ago.

The current set up is garbage is the same boys that phone in each week (who I don’t have any issue with at all) they get asked a question and then the rest of the panel answer it for them.

As for the player picking 3 tunes what a mess sportsound is

It’s so outdated with the old school brigade badly needing chucked in the bin

Chic young
Preston
Willie miller

Call it a day lads

Paki Bonnar with his Sportsound season ticket at Parkhead!

wookie70
25-11-2023, 06:33 PM
Tom English probably does that for him I was stood behind him waiting for accreditation for the rugby the other day. He blethers just as much nonsense when not on the radio and is equally unaware of his audience too. He was chatting away to a disinterested server as the queue lengthened in the freezing cold.

Mcbizz1998
25-11-2023, 06:39 PM
I was stood behind him waiting for accreditation for the rugby the other day. He blethers just as much nonsense when not on the radio and is equally unaware of his audience too. He was chatting away to a disinterested server as the queue lengthened in the freezing cold.

I can imagine. The guy knows even less about rugby than football, remarkable.

BS44
25-11-2023, 07:07 PM

ACDC last pick, worst hat-trick I've witnessed!

truehibernian
25-11-2023, 07:42 PM
I was stood behind him waiting for accreditation for the rugby the other day. He blethers just as much nonsense when not on the radio and is equally unaware of his audience too. He was chatting away to a disinterested server as the queue lengthened in the freezing cold.

Think that’s bad, try queuing behind Brian McLaughlin in the catering van queue 😂👍

LewysGot2
25-11-2023, 07:52 PM

Listened to it all the way home as wanted to hear NM.

Square root of hee haw and a loadypish about every other club

Viva_Palmeiras
25-11-2023, 08:01 PM
If there’s someone to be miffed at it’s the Producer / Editor. They call the shots. Who ever it is must be peeing their breeks as they get off nameless the others cop the flack.

Jim44
25-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Am I not right in thinking that the producer/editor is a Jambo?
And another thing ……. How do they get away with the ‘Packy’ Bonner usage. I know it’s meant to be a diminutive for Patrick but in this day and age it’s a bit near the bone.

truehibernian
25-11-2023, 08:16 PM
Quite like Preston and Miller but dislike Chic Young.

Rory Loy has been a great addition for me. Very impartial and tries to see positives in every side.

Hibees1973
25-11-2023, 08:33 PM

It is shocking.

This guy McIntyre who hosts the show is in control of timing and really should know to fit in reports of all the SPFL games before 5:30.

Amateur. The slick, professional and vastly more engrossing Radio 5 live (and I'm not talking about the football product) puts Sportsound to shame.

percy veer
25-11-2023, 08:46 PM
No exposure on sky, no exposure on bbc . The least you expect is an Interview with the manager

greenlex
25-11-2023, 08:49 PM
No exposure on sky, no exposure on bbc . The least you expect is an Interview with the manager
BBC showed an interview with NW on their results programme on the tellybox.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2023, 08:51 PM
Not Sportsound, but considering he’s a Hearts ****, I thought Neil McCann was pretty decent in his analysis of us and Montgomery on Sportscene. He's actually been more positive about Montgomery in recent weeks than quite a few Hibs fans!

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 08:52 PM
Not Sportsound, but considering he’s a Hearts ****, I thought Neil McCann was pretty decent in his analysis of us and Montgomery on Sportscene. He's actually been more positive about Montgomery in recent weeks than quite a few Hibs fans!

Agree with that. Given us some credit for how we play.

Greenbeard
25-11-2023, 08:59 PM
How many of our players use him as their agent?

wookie70
25-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Quite like Preston and Miller but dislike Chic Young. At least Chic Young tries to talk up Scottish football most of the time. I don't mind Preston and Miller either and Levein was better than most of the main presenters too. Bonnar and English are terrible and Michael Stewart after a good start is also a pain. It is really frustrating when you hear some of the presenters on Youtube and on podcasts who do a great job of making their shows entertaining with zero budget and we are actually paying for the dross that is on our airways.

JimBHibees
25-11-2023, 09:02 PM
How many of our players use him as their agent?

Is McCann an agent thought he considered himself the best coach in the world

25-11-2023, 09:19 PM

Yeah just watched. McCann did a good analysis on us playing out from the back after the last game and another one tonight.

HIBS NUTS
25-11-2023, 09:22 PM
Mccann is often at HTC watching the youth teams, especially the under 18s, i’m pretty sure he’s a agent for a few of the players.
He talks away , and appears to be quite pleasant.
I think he stays in east lothian .

tamig
26-11-2023, 12:11 AM
Paki Bonnar with his Sportsound season ticket at Parkhead!

He’s the worst of the lot. I’ve no idea why he’s been on it so long. He’s nothing more than a Celtic fan who seems to have been asked to keep the commentator company. Offers no insight whatsoever. I don’t think he’s ever covered a non-Celtic match over all the years he’s been on the programme.

Hibernian Verse
26-11-2023, 06:21 AM
Mccann is often at HTC watching the youth teams, especially the under 18s, i’m pretty sure he’s a agent for a few of the players.
He talks away , and appears to be quite pleasant.
I think he stays in east lothian .

He’s a really nice guy. I played against his son regularly many moons ago and he would always take the time to talk to other parents and the young lads playing.

number9dream
26-11-2023, 09:57 AM
The three tunes thing is really strange, although I did like Big Dunc's introduction to Folsom Prison Blues...
They had three young team bangers from Will Fish a while back, in between streams of guff from the old geezer pundits.

tamig
26-11-2023, 10:01 AM
The three tunes thing is really strange, although I did like Big Dunc's introduction to Folsom Prison Blues...
They had three young team bangers from Will Fish a while back, in between streams of guff from the old geezer pundits.

Is that you being ageist? 😀 What were Will Fish’s bangers and give me some examples of old geezer guff? Assuming you weren’t around in the 80s.

number9dream
26-11-2023, 10:06 AM
Is that you being ageist? 😀 What were Will Fish’s bangers and give me some examples of old geezer guff? Assuming you weren’t around in the 80s.

Not at all. I'm an old geezer too! I was just highlighting the odd juxtaposition of the music and chat.
As for the 80s, I'll be dancing round the kitchen any time The Associates come on the radio.

tamig
26-11-2023, 10:10 AM
Not at all. I'm an old geezer too! I was just highlighting the odd juxtaposition of the music and chat.
As for the 80s, I'll be dancing round the kitchen any time The Associates come on the radio.

Good man. I used to listen to Sportsound a lot more than I do now. Various things over the past few years have put me off it a bit so I wasn’t aware of the three song thing. Sulk one of my fave albums ever incidentally.

Hibby Bairn
26-11-2023, 10:51 AM
I was at an amateur game yesterday so had the earphones in listening to Open All Mikes.

The biggest issue MacIntyre has is that he can't stop being a tabloid journo type. Always trying to create an angle or a story. Whereas Radio 5 are more conversational and interesting to listen to.

One of the stories he was trying to build was the Bartley and QOS issue. The reporter at the game was in step with this. And after Dundee Utd went one up they went into overdrive. Lost the dressing room, naive, Utd could be 4 up, this could get messy etc.

The other pundits were dragged into this and they chuntered on for about 10 mins during which there were no updates from any of the other matches being played.

Then QOS equalised and their story came to a juddering halt. Nothing to see here and they moved onto something else.

It tries too hard to stir up ******* rather than just report on the action.

Another thing I noticed was that Chic Young (who was at the Hibs game) seemed a bit distant, confused at times and repeated himself often. He was finding it difficult to answer some of the pundits questions about how the game was going. No longer giving banter and a few laughs.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2023, 05:10 PM
All I got tonight driving home was Rangers Rangers and Rangers

5.30 pm cue 5 minutes of Willie Miller complaining about Aberdeen getting beat and still nothing about Hibs or a great Hibs victory still waiting :confused:I

Nicho87
03-12-2023, 05:13 PM

5.30 pm 5 cue minutes of Willie Miller complaining about Aberdeen getting beat and still nothing about Hibs or a great Hibs victory still waiting :confused:I

to be honest thought miller was fair. What pissed me off is how it was more like Aberdeen lost that and no actual appreciation of Hibs part in it.

Robson described Vente goal as a mis-kick by Marshall and a freak goal etc

I really can’t stand him at all. Be funny to see them relegated

LewysGot2
03-12-2023, 05:14 PM
to be honest thought miller was fair. What pissed me off is how it was more like Aberdeen lost that and no actual appreciation of Hibs part in it.

Ignore Robson. He's not going to be in that job long...

hibstag
03-12-2023, 06:00 PM
Ignore Robson. He's not going to be in that job long...

Every time I see him on the TV He reminds me of an aging badly wee guy down the pub in Forres with his addidas gear on, I suspect he hasn't got much of a run of defeats left before the bullet

Billy Whizz
03-12-2023, 06:02 PM

5.30 pm cue 5 minutes of Willie Miller complaining about Aberdeen getting beat and still nothing about Hibs or a great Hibs victory still waiting :confused:I

Miller was complimentary about Hibs, when I was travelling home
He said he enjoyed watching us play today

Bobby's Cinema
03-12-2023, 06:06 PM

It's not paranoia when it happens every single week. Listened from 520 till it ended at 6. Chat about Aberdeen. Where Aberdeen are in the table. About Robson. Nothing on Hibs. A line about how Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen need to improve - nothing about the fact we've just won 3 on the bounce. No time for any discussion around about what the manager had to say - programme abruptly ended at a random time immediately after interview. Bizarre!

Bobby's Cinema
03-12-2023, 06:08 PM
I think he is generally pretty fair - and certainly sticks it to Robson. It seems to be a total lack of Hibs coverage whenever I listen - which is every week on the way home from ER.

BILLYHIBS
03-12-2023, 06:15 PM

Sorry must have missed that I thought he was banging on about how good Aberdeen were and how he could not believe they were three points off the bottom

I agree Willie Miller is usually fair but once again very little about Hibs from the BBC quite possible WM did praise us once he stopped greeting about Aberdeen

Did someone not say a 50 yard miskick led to our first goal ?

I had lost interest by then

JimBHibees
03-12-2023, 06:18 PM

Robson is an erse. Love beating them.

Carheenlea
03-12-2023, 06:42 PM
You had to switch over to MW to get the interviews after that Scottish Country Dancing show came on. Got a quick interview with Nick Montgomery just before show ended after mostly an Aberdeen postmortem.

Jim44
03-12-2023, 07:15 PM
Just a word of common sense advice to the acclaimed third best team in Scotland. Try winning games against ‘inferior’ opposition and stop feeling sorry for yourselves. BBC pundits might have your back but they won’t win games for you.

Davy Mac
03-12-2023, 07:34 PM
Must say, Robson is a fandan, blethering skate so he is. xxxk off

ancient hibee
03-12-2023, 08:33 PM

He also thought our passing from the back might be caught out by Celtic. It might but maybe he should compare our last score against Celtic with Aberdeen’s.

Hibees1973
03-12-2023, 08:42 PM
Must say, Robson is a fandan, blethering skate so he is. xxxk off

Correct.

Now that Johnson has gone, thank heavens, Robson has taken over as the manager in the SPFL who spouts the most bile.

Gordon and Miller on Sportsound are obviously of a Don persuasion, but you can sense clearly they are having difficulty comprehending Robson's remarks.

B.H.F.C
03-12-2023, 08:46 PM
Correct.

Now that Johnson has gone, thank heavens, Robson has taken over as the manager in the SPFL who spouts the most bile.

Gordon and Miller on Sportsound are obviously of a Don persuasion, but you can sense clearly they are having difficulty comprehending Robson's remarks.

Willie Miller more or less said that Robson has been talking pish all season.

whiskyhibby
03-12-2023, 08:54 PM
I was at an amateur game yesterday so had the earphones in listening to Open All Mikes.

The biggest issue MacIntyre has is that he can't stop being a tabloid journo type. Always trying to create an angle or a story. Whereas Radio 5 are more conversational and interesting to listen to.

One of the stories he was trying to build was the Bartley and QOS issue. The reporter at the game was in step with this. And after Dundee Utd went one up they went into overdrive. Lost the dressing room, naive, Utd could be 4 up, this could get messy etc.

The other pundits were dragged into this and they chuntered on for about 10 mins during which there were no updates from any of the other matches being played.

Then QOS equalised and their story came to a juddering halt. Nothing to see here and they moved onto something else.

It tries too hard to stir up ******* rather than just report on the action.

Another thing I noticed was that Chic Young (who was at the Hibs game) seemed a bit distant, confused at times and repeated himself often. He was finding it difficult to answer some of the pundits questions about how the game was going. No longer giving banter and a few laughs.

Havent watched that old firm centric 💩 for years, amazed so many people continue to do so……….

big gogs
04-12-2023, 08:25 AM
Robson is an erse. Love beating them.
The dons are falling apart again.

Hibiza
04-12-2023, 08:50 AM
Willie Miller , for a change was bearable, unlike Robson .

flash
04-12-2023, 12:50 PM
Havent watched that old firm centric 💩 for years, amazed so many people continue to do so……….

It's on the radio.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2023, 07:47 PM
Not Sportsound but the Tom English phone in directly after it fair cheered me up with entitled Celtic supporters phoning in complaining about how poor their team has been lately and their poor transfer summer recruitment blah blah blah

Welcome to our world guys with nowhere near your budget 😂

snedzuk
16-12-2023, 08:12 PM
Not Sportsound but the Tom English phone in directly after it fair cheered me up with entitled Celtic supporters phoning in complaining about how poor their team has been lately and their poor transfer summer recruitment blah blah blah

Welcome to our world guys with nowhere near your budget 😂

The interview with Derek Adams was interesting to say the least.

snedzuk
16-12-2023, 08:14 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67667758

JimBHibees
16-12-2023, 08:19 PM

Seems a very odd guy

snedzuk
16-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Seems a very odd guy

We'll find out if he's right next Saturday.

Lago
16-12-2023, 08:30 PM
EFL 2 is superior to Scotland premier league, you have to wonder why he left.

percy veer
16-12-2023, 11:22 PM

Listened to it and laughed at hiw much I agree, product is actually shocking from plastic pitches to the endless non pens given.

16-12-2023, 11:36 PM

He should have know what the standard of the league up here was like. He was only 80 miles from Scotland so if he didn't know then it's his own fault.

Kato
17-02-2024, 01:49 PM
Aberdeen Hibs preview - having to rely on Neil Warnock to give Hibs a mention.

hibsbollah
17-02-2024, 02:07 PM
The ‘banter’ around Biscuits appearance on Private Eye’s ‘Colemanballs’ this week was toe-curling just now.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2024, 03:00 PM
The BBC updates on the website are now the same as open all mics!!! I don't want to know what is happening between Falkirk and Hamilton, I've set it to Aberdeen v hibs FFS.

Moulin Yarns
17-02-2024, 03:11 PM
Oh look, the BBC decided I needed to know Ayr had scored a goal against airdrie. I don't give a ****?!!!!

chrisski33
17-02-2024, 03:28 PM
fk sportsyamsound! preston so biased when hearts score

hibsbollah
17-02-2024, 03:47 PM
How can Willie Miller not know who Junior Hoilett is? 'he's a Canadian international, supposedly' :confused:
He played in the last world cup FFS, scored about fifty goals in england in his career and he's signed for the club you profess to support. Do your research.

Honestly, WM sounds like he's been heading too many footballs.

Hiber-nation
17-02-2024, 03:49 PM
How can Willie Miller not know who Junior Hoilett is? 'he's a Canadian international, supposedly' :confused:
He played in the last world cup FFS, scored about fifty goals in england in his career and he's signed for the club you profess to support. Do your research.

Honestly, WM sounds like he's been heading too many footballs.

He sounded ecstatic when we scored our first goal as well. Strange how he knows nothing about Hoilett.

The Wireless
17-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Willie Miller said it has been a sensational game with both teams playing excellent football? Any comments from human sapiens who have witnessed this profound claim?

Laced1875
17-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Tom English saying Aberdeen have a better squad than Hibs … really?

GreenGray
17-02-2024, 04:01 PM

Wouldn’t disagree tbf

Winston Ingram
17-02-2024, 04:09 PM

Don’t think there’s much in it.

Hibees1973
17-02-2024, 04:15 PM
Our defenders really are shocking.

We are not going to improve with the defenders we have. Miller/Fish/Bushiri/Triantis are all cut from the same cloth. Immobile, raw, cumbersome and unreliable. The opposition must look at them and know they all have a mistake in them at some point in the game. It's just a matter of waiting and pouncing on their error.

Someone earlier had a very valid point. Why do we bring in some defenders to 'learn the game' and 'make mistakes so they can learn from them'. It's got so bad that some want Hanlon back when it's clear Montgomery does not fancy him.

Priority in the summer must be to get a pair of centre halfs.

Not In The Know
17-02-2024, 04:17 PM
That “few million “ we have for the summer. Just spend it on two / three experienced defenders.

Since90+2
17-02-2024, 04:18 PM

Probably right to be honest.

scm70nyd1973
17-02-2024, 05:23 PM
That “few million “ we have for the summer. Just spend it on two / three experienced defenders.

Whole back 4 for me and a good midfielder to replace Levit would do me fine

LewysGot2
17-02-2024, 08:13 PM

But none of them would get a game for Celtic...isn't that his usual script 😉

Not In The Know
29-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Listening to the Sportsound commentary last night, both Preston and John Rankin said "we" when talking about hearts play during the game.

That's what we are up against.

JimBHibees
29-02-2024, 04:12 PM
Listening to the Sportsound commentary last night, both Preston and John Rankin said "we" when talking about hearts play during the game.

That's what we are up against.

Why would John Rankin say we for Hearts realise he coached at youth level but never played for them. Strange one

Malthibby
29-02-2024, 07:12 PM

He's talking pxsh.

Not In The Know
29-02-2024, 07:17 PM
Why would John Rankin say we for Hearts realise he coached at youth level but never played for them. Strange one

He also spent the first half calling Marcondes Marconda !

Jones28
29-02-2024, 07:17 PM

Because he’s a fud. The midfield crab.

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2024, 08:24 AM

The League table never lies

easty
01-03-2024, 08:31 AM
The League table never lies

Only if you think Dundee, St Mirren and Killie have better squads than us

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2024, 08:34 AM
Only if you think Dundee, St Mirren and Killie have better squads than us

We are working on it :greengrin

hibsbollah
02-03-2024, 07:47 AM

I never liked him, even at Hibs, when he scored that ‘squiggler’ (i mean, if youre going to name a goal, why choose a name as bad as that?). Socks round his ankles annoyed me as well. Wasn’t a great, or terrible player. Just an irritating character.

scm70nyd1973
02-03-2024, 08:19 AM
Whole back 4 for me and a good midfielder to replace Levit would do me fine

I’m totally in with this but I’d add in a new Goalie - I m not overly keen in keeping Youan to be honest - assuming we can get better - on reflection,maybe as a squad player

JimBHibees
02-03-2024, 08:23 AM
I never liked him, even at Hibs, when he scored that ‘squiggler’ (i mean, if youre going to name a goal, why choose a name as bad as that?). Socks round his ankles annoyed me as well. Wasn’t a great, or terrible player. Just an irritating character.

Know what you mean thought he worked hard at Hibs but quality a bit limited

easty
02-03-2024, 09:28 AM
I’m totally in with this but I’d add in a new Goalie - I m not overly keen in keeping Youan to be honest - assuming we can get better - on reflection,maybe as a squad player

I like Youan. He’s no a hard worker, and he’s not the best decision maker, but he is a player who can get you off your seat, and he got 16 goals/assists in 37 games last season, he’s on the same number in 36 games this season.,When he goes we’ll make money on him, and if we replace him with someone who contributes more in terms of goals and assists we’ll be doing well.

matty_f
02-03-2024, 09:40 AM
Know what you mean thought he worked hard at Hibs but quality a bit limited

Effort was never in question but he regularly had absolutely no impact on games whatsoever.

WeeRussell
02-03-2024, 09:48 AM

IIRC it was actually Deeks that was responsible for the creation of the squiggler. Sure Rankin said at the time Riordan had been doing it in training.

Or have I been dreaming again.

CentreLine
02-03-2024, 12:28 PM
IIRC it was actually Deeks that was responsible for the creation of the squiggler. Sure Rankin said at the time Riordan had been doing it in training.

Or have I been dreaming again.

Oooof … that’s got to hurt 😉
You’re quite right though. He did indeed say that. I thought he was one of our hardest workers at the time.

Smartie
02-03-2024, 12:38 PM
I like Youan. He’s no a hard worker, and he’s not the best decision maker, but he is a player who can get you off your seat, and he got 16 goals/assists in 37 games last season, he’s on the same number in 36 games this season.,When he goes we’ll make money on him, and if we replace him with someone who contributes more in terms of goals and assists we’ll be doing well.

Personally, I think we’ll be doing very well to get our money back on him, if we get anything back at all.

He sort of epitomises the last few years - capable of better than the majority of the dross we’ve had on his day, on the odd occasion, so he gets held in higher regard than them but most of the time he’s every bit as bad if not worse than them.

It’s no real surprise that the second he’s dropped, we look better, although we’ve had to have better to drop him for.

And instead of having endless arguments about how best to use him, instead we should simply be looking to get better than him for every position, as we currently have.

I lost patience with him. Not good enough. Utter show pony. Even the other night he managed to drop one exquisite moment with the cross for Maolida into a sea of utter mince - which all his other contributions were, some which were dangerous at that stage in the game.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2024, 12:42 PM
So what delights will the editor/producers conjure up for us today?

Do they have a team pre-game huddle
- “right Biscuits what are win lose draw comments for the Hibs match”

Carheenlea
02-03-2024, 12:46 PM
I wonder if Pat Bonner will be on today or tomorrow?

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2024, 09:44 AM
Driving home last night all I heard was BBC Scotland banging on about Motherwell’s historic win at Ibrox

How can it be historic when The Rangers were only formed in 2012 ?

PatHead
03-03-2024, 09:49 AM
Driving home last night all I heard was BBC Scotland banging on about Motherwell’s historic win at Ibrox

How can it be historic when The Rangers were only formed in 2012 ?

Maybe because it's their first ever win away at the new club.

BILLYHIBS
03-03-2024, 09:57 AM

I suppose so 😂

overdrive
03-03-2024, 09:58 AM

Nope. They destroyed them 6-1 on aggregate in the play offs. 3-1 at Ibrox and 3-0 at Fir Park.

The radio were claiming they hadn’t won at Ibrox at all since the 90s.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 10:02 AM
Nope. They destroyed them 6-1 on aggregate in the play offs. 3-1 at Ibrox and 3-0 at Fir Park.

Not sure I've ever enjoyed a non Hibs result as much as those ones. It was like the deflating of an incredibly self important, pompous balloon, and there were no excuses. Glorious.

PatHead
03-03-2024, 10:04 AM
Not sure I've ever enjoyed a non Hibs result as much as those ones. It was like the deflating of an incredibly self important, pompous balloon, and there were no excuses. Glorious.

I had forgotten all about that game. Did some West of Scotland supporters invade the pitch afterwards?

overdrive
03-03-2024, 10:12 AM
I had forgotten all about that game. Did some West of Scotland supporters invade the pitch afterwards?

Was it not the amber and claret West of Scotland supporters rather than the blue, red and white West of Scotland supporters?

That was the Moshni losing the plot game though.

VoltaireHibs
03-03-2024, 10:28 AM

Can't remember, there was a pitch invasion I think. It was the media around it, the game was a forgone conclusion for our local 'fans with typewriters' journalists. Motherwell were merely a fly to be swatted on the Huns return to their rightful place. Ah, schadenfreude is a beautiful word.

Smartie
03-03-2024, 10:39 AM

The media live a contrived “Rangers are the greatest in the history of the world stat”.

They roll one out for us every time - we’ve not beaten them since xxxx, apart from all the times we’ve actually beaten them.

It was the same for Motherwell, who horsed them in the playoff that time.

Sportsound was actually glorious for a Rangers defeat yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it.