PDA

View Full Version : Will we make top 6?

houstonhibbee
14-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Probably been done to death but Livingston have st Johnston at home then Dundee United away.
quite likely if we don’t win tomorrow we don’t make top six.
Surely a must win game against a managerless winless Hearts is not beyond us?

Trinity Hibee
14-04-2023, 01:35 PM
I think we will make top 6. Just.

A draw tomorrow and a win next week is how I see it going. Livi won’t get 2 wins from those games.

Onceinawhile
14-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Probably been done to death but Livingston have st Johnston at home then Dundee United away.

I think we will pick up at least the same amount of points as Livingston, which is probably 3 - we'll both beat St Johnstone.

Svengali
14-04-2023, 01:38 PM
Yes. We will win both upcoming games. It’s amazing how alcohol boosts your confidence

eastterrace
14-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Yes. We will win both upcoming games. It’s amazing how alcohol boosts your confidencemaybe some off the players should have a wee drink before the game, it never done Willie Hamilton any harm.

SaulGoodman
14-04-2023, 01:44 PM
No.

B.H.F.C
14-04-2023, 02:07 PM
Genuinely no got a clue. Most teams, us included, are totally unpredictable when playing each other. The one predictable thing is that most of us will get beaten by the big two. Other than that, anything could happen.

Nothing that happens in our next two games would be a big surprise either way for me.

JammyDoidger
14-04-2023, 02:09 PM
Who knows, livi could win both games I don't think we will tbh, if we don't win tomorrow, best hope is to sack Johnson and hope for a bounce.

blackpoolhibs
14-04-2023, 02:16 PM
Who knows, livi could win both games I don't think we will tbh, if we don't win tomorrow, best hope is to sack Johnson and hope for a bounce.

I'm obviously wanting us to win, but if we dont and we are pumped again, then i hope LJ is out the door and back down the road to Berkshire before 3pm.

The Harp
14-04-2023, 02:20 PM
I'm not overly confident but I can see us making the top 6 - but only just.
Think a draw tomorrow is likely.

JammyDoidger
14-04-2023, 03:08 PM
I'm obviously wanting us to win, but if we dont and we are pumped again, then i hope LJ is out the door and back down the road to Berkshire before 3pm.

Definitely, not making top 6 is unthinkable with this squad and budget, he's had more than a fair chance, 4 derbys this season without a win, pumped out both cups at the first round, and bottom 6 would be a disgrace. Hopefully we win tomorrow and save some face!

Phil MaGlass
14-04-2023, 03:26 PM
I'm saying no, as I have been wrong on almost everything this season :aok:

Donegal Hibby
14-04-2023, 03:29 PM
YES I think we will make top 6 even though this squad is poor with signings made before the current manager and possibly one of the poorest midfields we have had in years too .

Tambo
14-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Genuinely no got a clue. Most teams, us included, are totally unpredictable when playing each other. The one predictable thing is that most of us will get beaten by the big two. Other than that, anything could happen.

Nothing that happens in our next two games would be a big surprise either way for me.

This is how I see it it with no idea and will have more of a clue after tomorrow.

4 points should be enough and even 0 points could be enough if other results go our way so still a few twists and turns.

Can probably count out Motherwell now as they have to go to celtic last game before the split.

JamesHFC
14-04-2023, 03:46 PM
Will be confirmed tomorrow when we win and Livi fail to win.

Unseen work
14-04-2023, 04:59 PM
I just have the same feeling as last season.

“If we win/draw the next X games we’ll get top 6”.

5 games pass and we’ve not picked up the points and it’s down to the last game where we fail to win.

Hopefully this isn’t the same.

Infuriating we got 0 points against Motherwell and Dundee United, should be on 44 points minimum, 5 clear of Livi, same as St Mirren, 1 behind hearts and 3 behind Aberdeen.

All if’s, buts and maybes.

Tyler Durden
14-04-2023, 05:01 PM
I think we lose tomorrow but maybe still scrape top 6

JammyDoidger
14-04-2023, 05:30 PM

Definitely, not making top 6 is unthinkable with this squad and budget, he's had more than a fair chance, 4 derbys this season without a win, pumped out both cups at the first round, and bottom 6 would be a disgrace. Hopefully we win tomorrow and save some face!

Jim44
14-04-2023, 05:41 PM
I think that the wee Glesca nyaff will get Livvy up for their next two games, while we probably won’t get 6 points from ours. I’m devastated at the prospect of yet another new manager, but I don’t see how LJ can survive.

Hibees1973
14-04-2023, 05:45 PM
No.

Will bottle it again.

Jones28
14-04-2023, 05:51 PM
We will dribble in to the top six.

Steve20
14-04-2023, 05:56 PM
Probably not.

jacomo
14-04-2023, 06:02 PM
I think that the wee Glesca nyaff will get Livvy up for their next two games, while we probably won’t get 6 points from ours. I’m devastated at the prospect of yet another new manager, but I don’t see how LJ can survive.

The guy’s been in the SAS, or something. Surviving a disappointing Scottish football season will be easy peasy by comparison.

Ronniekirk
14-04-2023, 06:09 PM
Depends if we are stuck in one of streaky Lees losing streaks or whether we can go on another winning streak in next few games I have no idea as genuinely didn’t think United would beat us

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2023, 06:16 PM
i'm waiting until 2:15 tomorrow before i decide

:)

got a bet on us finishing bottom six but i shall be happy enough to lose that one :agree:

hibeg
14-04-2023, 06:24 PM
Last week v Dundee Utd was pivotal, so no I can’t see us in the top 6

Spike Mandela
14-04-2023, 07:07 PM
We might but equally could see this Hibs team going the rest of the season without winning a game. Third is gone imo.

Obviously hope we win tomorrow but just want this season to be over, it’s been rubbish. Regroup in the summer and with a bit of decent recruitment who knows what can happen next year.

ben johnson
14-04-2023, 07:27 PM

It’s the word managerless that is the problem imho. RN in charge I would be very confident. Now they are rid of him I think we won’t match their
commitment. Feel sick writing this but I can’t see LJ getting us up for it.
Deja vu.

Jones28
14-04-2023, 07:52 PM

You must be new here. A win against a managerless Hearts in free fall is just so not our thing.

greenlex
14-04-2023, 07:57 PM
Top six easy. We are winning tomorrow and next week at Perth.

CentreForward
14-04-2023, 08:04 PM
Top 6 not going to be easy and could easily see Livi getting ahead of us. Even if we somehow manage to win tomorrow still don’t think Lee’s got it. How depressing would it be to have to change manager yet again.

Billy McKirdy
14-04-2023, 08:15 PM
We won’t win again for the rest of the season, play offs more likely than third.

ErinGoBraghHFC
14-04-2023, 08:16 PM
We won’t win again for the rest of the season, play offs more likely than third.

Behave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
14-04-2023, 08:21 PM
Lets start by getting a few shots on target.

Hibernian Verse
14-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Top six easy. We are winning tomorrow and next week at Perth.

Do that and we will be 4 points off third

greenlex
14-04-2023, 09:19 PM
Do that and we will be 4 points off third

Then we can concentrate on moaning about not being third because of the Motherwell and Dundee Utd games. That’s the positivity we need. Oh aye and **** the hearts.

Leith Green
14-04-2023, 09:24 PM
Then we can concentrate on moaning about not being third because of the Motherwell and Dundee Utd games. That’s the positivity we need. Oh aye and **** the hearts.

Give me some positives then?

IberianHibernian
14-04-2023, 09:30 PM
Back in January I predicted we`d finish 8th and I still think that`s quite likely . More or less the same as this time last season except Maloney had a worse injury situation and we were still in cup . I don`t really think making top 6 or even early rounds of European competition motivates players of Hibs ( or other clubs ) that much if at all especially as half or more of the players know they won`t be with us next season anyway .

DH1875
14-04-2023, 09:44 PM
We will finish 6th but then, finishing 6th really shouldn't be looked at as if its some sort of achievement.

Chorley Hibee
14-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Back in January I predicted we`d finish 8th and I still think that`s quite likely . More or less the same as this time last season except Maloney had a worse injury situation and we were still in cup . I don`t really think making top 6 or even early rounds of European competition motivates players of Hibs ( or other clubs ) that much if at all especially as half or more of the players know they won`t be with us next season anyway .

I think you make a very good point.

Add in that Europe (for us) usually involves a couple of games in the back of beyond before being turfed out, and I agree that most players don't really care.

The Modfather
14-04-2023, 09:49 PM

Only seven games until the season is over.

Jack Hackett
14-04-2023, 09:59 PM
We will finish 6th but then, finishing 6th really shouldn't be looked at as if its some sort of achievement.

Making the top 6 isn't finishing in 6th... there are another 5 games after that. Having said that, I'm not confident. Obviously, tomorrow is the key, and this is football. I am haunted by the fact that when it comes down to winning games that would see us achieve something positive/avoid something negative, especially the later, we historically fall short

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2023, 10:03 PM

Boooooo ye of little faith we’ll win every game and finish third 😀

Pagan Hibernia
14-04-2023, 10:08 PM
If we do we’ll stumble over the line.

Potty78
14-04-2023, 11:26 PM
The worrying thing for me is this should never be an issue?

Trinity Hibee
15-04-2023, 05:41 AM
Only seven games until the season is over.

😂

Trinity Hibee
15-04-2023, 05:43 AM
The worrying thing for me is this should never be an issue?

Yep should have been confirmed a couple of weeks ago. It’s got the feel of last season all over again.

Since452
15-04-2023, 06:28 AM
Hearts in European group stage football last season. Aberdeen next season. We're being left behind financially while we toil for top 6. This will be the norm going forward.

Trinity Hibee
15-04-2023, 06:29 AM
Hearts in European group stage football last season. Aberdeen next season. We're being left behind financially while we toil for top 6. This will be the norm going forward.

Do we know how long SPFL is likely to have direct entry to groups for 3rd place? This is the first season so surely it’ll be another couple at least?

CentreLine
15-04-2023, 07:14 AM
The way I see it now is that our last two results were pathetic and have defined this part of the season. Third is now out of reach. Only a complete change of fortune, with a win today, will make 4th a realistic possibility. Lacking that we have to target 5th as it, at least, offers European football. Sixth is no man’s land and anything else is abject failure.

What has happened to our wonderful club? Hibernian Football Club is better than this and we, as supporters, are being let down badly from the top down.

The players and management need to start putting this right and no better time to start than derby day at Easter Road

KeithTheHibby
15-04-2023, 07:30 AM
Do we know how long SPFL is likely to have direct entry to groups for 3rd place? This is the first season so surely it’ll be another couple at least?

Next season for sure, couldn’t say beyond that.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2023, 01:36 PM
i've made my final decision

YES

anything less than a win for Livingston today will most likely seal it

Stairway 2 7
15-04-2023, 01:39 PM
i've made my final decision

YES

anything less than a win for Livingston today will most likely seal it
Only way livi can be top 6 is if they win both and we don't win. Wonder what the treble odds for that are

Hibbyradge
15-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Only way livi can be top 6 is if they win both and we don't win. Wonder what the treble odds for that are

4/11 knowing Hibs!

Billy McKirdy
15-04-2023, 01:49 PM
If Livvy lose today we are in the top 6

Stairway 2 7
15-04-2023, 01:50 PM
If Livvy lose today we are in the top 6

Or draw basically too

Tambo
15-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Yes I think we will now, will be a big support going through to perth no doubt and the players and LJ have to build on that performance so I'm confident that we will.

Unseen work
15-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Typical Livi win today to keep it a point between us

Hopefully st Johnstone think they don’t have much to play for next weekend.

Maybe a good thing the players knowing this is another must win.

3 points and it’s ours.

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2023, 04:38 PM

i accidently declared my final decision before that Livingston result

therefore i'm not making my final final decision until HT next saturday

at the earliest

greenlex
15-04-2023, 04:39 PM
:greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2023, 06:09 PM
A point between us and Livingston, far too tight
to call. Usually Hibs fall flat in face after a Derby win, hopefully not this time.

Ronniekirk
15-04-2023, 06:15 PM
If we beat st Johnston we will
would expect st Mirren to beat killie at home
will Dundee United continue winning ways v Livingston ? can’t rely on that
So yes Streaky Lee now to go on an unbeaten run

Stewboy
15-04-2023, 06:17 PM
If Livi were at home next week it would be more of a concern (I think)

Pretty Boy
15-04-2023, 06:19 PM
It's in our hands and that's really all we can ask for given the situation we have put ourselves in. A loss today would have left us relying on others, now it's win and you are in.

Win and get top 6, hope Celtic and Rangers beat everyone else, including Rangers beating Aberdeen next Sunday, and it becomes a 4 team play off for 3rd and 4th with us all potentially within 3 or 4 points of each other.

IberianHibernian
15-04-2023, 07:02 PM
If Hearts lose their 7th game in a row in early kick off we`ll know a win in Perth will mean going above Hearts and maybe St M and getting to within 4 points of Aberdeen till Sunday at least .
If only looking at top 6 which is first priority , a draw in Perth is no better than defeat unless St M lose at home to Killie so we have to go for win from start . Huge game for us but also for St J who are far from safe .

JamesHFC
22-04-2023, 04:04 PM
Was never in doubt. Poor today though. Hoping for St Mirren at home first game of the split.

Keith_M
22-04-2023, 04:14 PM
Will we make top 6?

Only just.

Iain G
22-04-2023, 04:18 PM
Yes! 🤣

Keith_M
22-04-2023, 04:23 PM
The question now is, can we finish in fifth place?

I can't see us overtaking Aberdeen or Hearts so fifth is realistically as good as it is gets.

JamesHFC
22-04-2023, 04:24 PM
The question now is, can we reach fifth place?

I can;t see us overtaking Aberdeen or Hearts so fifth is realistically as good as it is gets.

We need to beat St Mirren, simple as that.

Hiber-nation
22-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Good achievement considering how poor we've been for large parts of the season.

Keith_M
22-04-2023, 04:29 PM
We need to beat St Mirren, simple as that.

:agree:

Then hope one of the OF win the Cup, so we've got at least one game in Europe next season.

greenlex
22-04-2023, 04:31 PM
The question now is, can we finish in fifth place?

I can't see us overtaking Aberdeen or Hearts so fifth is realistically as good as it is gets.
I Dunno. St Mirren are capable of beating all of us. It’s definitely a 4 team shoot out for 3rd.

eastterrace
22-04-2023, 04:36 PM
I Dunno. St Mirren are capable of beating all of us. It’s definitely a 4 team shoot out for 3rd.sorry don’t agree it’s a two way shoot out for third and us and st.mirren will contest fifth

Bristolhibby
22-04-2023, 04:36 PM
:agree:

Then hope one the of the OF win the Cup, so we've got at least one game in Europe next season.

So 5th is Europe (providing an OF win the Cup)?

All to play for.

J

Jones28
22-04-2023, 04:45 PM
Yes.

I said we’d dribble in and we did. Go me.

Trinity Hibee
22-04-2023, 04:53 PM
I Dunno. St Mirren are capable of beating all of us. It’s definitely a 4 team shoot out for 3rd.

3rd place was gone before today it sure as hell is over now.

Stubbsy90+2
22-04-2023, 05:16 PM
sorry don’t agree it’s a two way shoot out for third and us and st.mirren will contest fifth

Two way for third, three way for fourth imo.

No way are us or St Mirren getting third now.

We realistically have 3 games left to make up at least 7 points as if Aberdeen draw with Hearts we’ll have 7 to catch them or if they get beat by Hearts we’ll have 7 to catch Hearts. That’s also assuming neither of them win any other game.

We’ve completely blew third place.

Ronniekirk
22-04-2023, 06:38 PM

We realistically have 3 games left to make up at least 7 points as if Aberdeen draw with Hearts we’ll have 7 to catch them or if they get beat by Hearts we’ll have 7 to catch Hearts. That’s also assuming neither of them win any other game.

i do t think we were ever in a position where realistically it looked like third was within our grasp In that respect we haven’t blown it
But we have blown 4th place by losing four and drawing 1 of our last six games

Trinity Hibee
22-04-2023, 06:41 PM
i do t think we were ever in a position where realistically it looked like third was within our grasp In that respect we haven’t blown it

Think that’s a good way of putting it. Although we closed the gap 3rd was never really within touching distance. 4th was possible after last week but todays result has ended that hope.

5th place means no league cup groups which should be the aim now for the club

B.H.F.C
22-04-2023, 06:43 PM

I agree 3rd is gone. We have a chance of catching Hearts in 4th. Not sure we will but I don’t think it’s dead.

Most important thing is to secure 5th and if we manage better, it’s a bonus with where we’re at just now.

Been a crap season but 5th would at least get us some form of European football.

Diclonius
22-04-2023, 06:56 PM
Yes we will!

Well done Johnson. Now get us into Europe.

Stubbsy90+2
22-04-2023, 07:35 PM

On a game by game basis we’ve probably not been in a position where third was in our grasp so I agree with you to an extent but our persistence in dropping stupid points since the turn of the year has seen us blow it imo. We’ve only got ourselves to blame for not being in a position to get it, so I’d say we’ve blown it.