PDA

View Full Version : El Sackio 2.0

ehf
09-04-2023, 12:55 PM
While I would never actually want Hibs to lose a match, especially a derby, the departure of the clueless clown Johnson will sweeten the bitter pill of the inevitable capitulation against the yams next Saturday.

MelbourneHibees
09-04-2023, 12:57 PM
We win next week. As bad as we are Hearts are even worse. And we are at Home.

Ozyhibby
09-04-2023, 12:57 PM
He should be gone before then. We are a joke of a club if he makes it to next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swedish hibee
09-04-2023, 12:58 PM
We all know what's coming. Sadly.

CallumHibs07
09-04-2023, 12:59 PM
kensell looking pretty stupid after being all bullish in the call with fans a few weeks ago, saying they've been proven right to stick with lee. he can **** off as well

HendoDelivered

No chance

Diclonius

You been around the last three years?

https://i.imgur.com/la2sm4l.png

We'll do what we do best next weekend and serve up another derby humiliation.

Since452
09-04-2023, 01:02 PM
Hearts could put out 11 maroon traffic cones and we wouldn't beat them. We aren't winning next week. 0-3.

Scottie
You seriously can’t believe that. When was the last time we went into a derby thinking we are gonna beat them ? We are gutless, clueless and have a team like the manager ******g hopeless.

JamesHFC
Fail to get into the top 6 of the split and he has to go. That’s an awful result today. Lose next week and it’s going to be extremely difficult for him to win back the support.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:03 PM
He should be gone already, unacceptable

Wheat Hound
09-04-2023, 01:05 PM
15 defeats in 31 league games, out of both cups at the first stage, no wins out of 3 Vs bottom of the league and no derby wins. That is sackable.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 01:06 PM

First derby for you is it?

We’ll get ****ged from every angle.

MelbourneHibees
09-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Call me an optimist.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:10 PM

No we won’t, no they aren’t, that means nothing.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2023, 01:10 PM
It will be just our luck that we'll win next week and be stuck with Johnson ball next season as well.

Of course no one wants to lose a derby, or any game, but Aberdeen fans will be secretly delighted with that 6-0 defeat in retrospect.

WhileTheChief..
09-04-2023, 01:15 PM
As bad as Maloney.

Should never have got the job but won't be going anywhere. Next season will be a carbon copy.

Best we can hope for is a new manager next summer.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:16 PM
As bad as Maloney.

Should never have got the job but won't be going anywhere. Next season will be a carbon copy.

Worse than Maloney, at least Maloney had an excuse. It wasn’t his team and he wasn’t backed anywhere near as well as LJ.

BoyledEgg
09-04-2023, 01:18 PM
Been brutal since Newell came back into the side. Midfield been non existent.

JJP
09-04-2023, 01:19 PM
Just play for a draw. Best we can hope for. Our support has no faith in this club and days like today are why.

Tambo
I'm sure the commentary said today that we have lost at least once to every team in the league this season.

Not sure if that has happened much as I don't have any stats for it.

Forza Fred

Seen a lot of them, have you?

WhileTheChief..
09-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Worse than Maloney, at least Maloney had an excuse. It wasn’t his team and he wasn’t backed anywhere near as well as LJ.

Yeah, but I get in trouble for saying that 'cause it upsets some folks.

Hibees1973
09-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Today was another disjointed, disorganised performance by Johnson's team.

We won't win next week.

Some of our players can't do even the simple things such as track back and remain disciplined in defence.

When you sign players from lower levels with little experience this is what you get.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but I get in trouble for saying that 'cause it upsets some folks.

Maloney was sacked too early imo and no doubt I’ll get a hard time for saying that. Yes results were poor but if you’re keeping LJ on for this long with the team displaying absolutely no pride or passion, with better players? ****ing bizarre way of running a football club

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 01:22 PM
Been brutal since Newell came back into the side. Midfield been non existent.

****ing hell :faf:

Can I ask how long you think he's been back in the side?

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2023, 01:22 PM

:agree:

Maloney could only dream of the backing LJ has had yet he had an almost identical record points wise.

Johnson has been a horrendous appointment

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 01:23 PM

Can't believe Jeggo stayed on the pitch today. Haven't been Newell's biggest fan this season, but worryingly he's comfortably our best midfielder and wasn't the issue today.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Can't believe Jeggo stayed on the pitch today. Haven't been Newell's biggest fan this season, but worryingly he's comfortably our best midfielder and wasn't the issue today.

He's absolutely miles better than Jeggo, thats for sure.

HibeeHibernian4
09-04-2023, 01:24 PM
As bad as Maloney.

“Next season will be a carbon copy so let’s bring in a new manager and repeat the whole thing all over again.”

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 01:29 PM
“Next season will be a carbon copy so let’s bring in a new manager and repeat the whole thing all over again.”

Think he means summer 2024.

ancient hibee
09-04-2023, 02:01 PM

Tell the BBC will you. They think it’s at Tynecastle.

NAE NOOKIE
09-04-2023, 02:06 PM
As the thread title says, this should be El Sackio 2.0

We have followed up an absolutely rank performance at home to Motherwell with a defeat against a team who haven't managed a win in 11 games before today according to Ian Crocker.

Win and we set up a derby where we could have overtaken an out of sorts Hearts by beating them next Saturday .... Instead we lose and now face a situation where a defeat could well see us finish out of the top 6. We have binned a chance to get one over them by winning a derby to handing them the opportunity to make it very likely we will finish out of the top 6 ..... a situation they will revel in now, its just the chance they need to get their fans back onside.

There isn't a universe anywhere where that's acceptable, and if anybody thinks we are going to beat Hearts next Saturday playing like this I want some of whatever they have been smoking.

If we lose next Saturday I wan't to know what in a football sense justifies Johnson keeping his job .... pumped out of one cup because he treated it as a pre season run about, pumped out of another 0 -3 at home by the one club you least want that to happen against and now absolutely blowing what should have been a very good shot at 3rd to the extent that there's just as good a chance we might not even make top 6.

If a record like that makes a manager worth keeping I would hate to see what failure looks like ..... in short ... beat Hearts next Saturday or **** off and take Kensell with you !!!

Callum_62
09-04-2023, 02:35 PM
Been brutal since Newell came back into the side. Midfield been non existent.Wasn't that Newells first start back? [emoji1787]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Torto7062
09-04-2023, 02:37 PM
Hearts could put out 11 maroon traffic cones and we wouldn't beat them. We aren't winning next week. 0-3.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Torto7062
09-04-2023, 02:38 PM
As the thread title says, this should be El Sackio 2.0

We have followed up an absolutely rank performance at home to Motherwell with a defeat against a team who haven't managed a win in 11 games before today according to Ian Crocker.

Win and we set up a derby where we could have overtaken an out of sorts Hearts by beating them next Saturday .... Instead we lose and now face a situation where a defeat could well see us finish out of the top 6. We have binned a chance to get one over them by winning a derby to handing them the opportunity to make it very likely we will finish out of the top 6 ..... a situation they will revel in now, its just the chance they need to get their fans back onside.

There isn't a universe anywhere where that's acceptable, and if anybody thinks we are going to beat Hearts next Saturday playing like this I want some of whatever they have been smoking.

If we lose next Saturday I wan't to know what in a football sense justifies Johnson keeping his job .... pumped out of one cup because he treated it as a pre season run about, pumped out of another 0 -3 at home by the one club you least want that to happen against and now absolutely blowing what should have been a very good shot at 3rd to the extent that there's just as good a chance we might not even make top 6.

If a record like that makes a manager worth keeping I would hate to see what failure looks like ..... in short ... beat Hearts next Saturday or **** off and take Kensell with you !!!

This All day long 👏👏👏

He's here!
09-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Not a case of 'if' we lose next week. Defeat is a cert.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 02:47 PM
Bring in Neil Lennon.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 02:48 PM
Bring in Neil Lennon.

To fill up the water bottles?

Hibby70
09-04-2023, 03:03 PM
I’d be ok with LJ being sucked if the majority of the players were sacked too, they are ultimately responsible.
If not, he will be scapegoat number 4? 5?

😱 Ooh matron

LewysGot2
09-04-2023, 03:13 PM

Thought it was just me 🤣🙈

McGruber
09-04-2023, 03:40 PM
I’d be ok with LJ being sacked if the majority of the players were sacked too, they are ultimately responsible.

I agree about the players also being culpable but buck stops with the manager. He's brought in about 20 players all in, been well backed.

LJ dropped Miller after a good game to put in Cadden who had a shocker. Cadden kept his place after that woeful showing v Well and has had another poor showing. LJ has his favourites that play regardless.

Porteous was leaving all window and Rocky gets injured. A centre back was absolute priority - failed to bring one in and relying on Hanlon not getting injured. Then signing Devlin who clearly is never going to be fit for any sustained period of time

Kukharevych doing well before injury losing out to Hoppe who hasn't shown much of anything.

If Marshall was injured today we play the Derby with an 18 year old making his debut and a 17 yr old youth on the bench?

Failure all over place. Rectuitment, team selection, tactics

The incoming inevitable derby defeat to a shockingly poor Hearts side will be 5 in a row and make bottom 6 a real probability.

LJ with a worse record than Heckingbottom, Ross and Maloney. He should have been shown the door before now

Wheat Hound
09-04-2023, 04:02 PM
Neilson sacked

madhatter
09-04-2023, 04:04 PM
Neilson sacked

Makes a mockery of our ambitions. We can't sack a manager while struggling to secure top six. They sack a manager being 2 points off 3rd.

Wheat Hound
09-04-2023, 04:08 PM
Makes a mockery of our ambitions. We can't sack a manager while struggling to secure top six. They sack a manager being 2 points off 3rd.

Totally agree

Ozyhibby
09-04-2023, 04:10 PM
Neilson sacked

Yip. I think they care about where they finish.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 04:12 PM
Come on Hibs, get rid of this clown and appoint Neilson before he's snapped up.

Broxburn Greens
09-04-2023, 04:14 PM

Aye, it makes you think we are simply destined to tolerate failure forever.

I’m sure the club will be in quick enough for our 2024 ST Direct Debits though.

GreenGray
09-04-2023, 04:17 PM

Agreed. Problem is if we sack Johnson now us and them will likely be looking at the same managers

jeffers
09-04-2023, 04:19 PM
Agreed. Problem is if we sack Johnson now us and them will likely be looking at the same managers

I’ll happily take that risk.

Stonewall
09-04-2023, 04:21 PM

To be fair he’d be an approvement.

Is It On....
09-04-2023, 04:22 PM

I know you are joking but he is a better manager than Johnson

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2023, 04:22 PM
They're only trying to save face for next week, they and their stupid supporters only care about beating us, that's all that matters to them.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 04:23 PM
They're only trying to save face for next week, they and their stupid supporters only care about beating us, that's all that matters to them.

Pretty sure finishing third matters to them as well. Something they're in with a shout of.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 04:25 PM

3rd is their target every year. Bare minimum. Anything less than 3rd is a failure.

We’re quite happy to trundle along and hope we get in the top 6.

GreenCastle
09-04-2023, 04:27 PM

We should stop downplaying the derby and actually care more about it.

We may win more of them.

Hibs accept average and take the fans for a ride.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 04:32 PM
To be fair he’d be an approvement.

He would be, and we'd still have a slaver in charge talking pish.

S4uzee
09-04-2023, 04:34 PM
At least Hearts act. Would they have accepted two 3 nil defeats no chance

chrisski33
09-04-2023, 04:35 PM
It will be just our luck that we'll win next week and be stuck with Johnson ball next season as well.

Of course no one wants to lose a derby, or any game, but Aberdeen fans will be secretly delighted with that 6-0 defeat in retrospect.
Aberdeens 6-0 defeat best thing to happen to them in hindsight amd seems our players have given up

Keith_M
09-04-2023, 04:43 PM
I’d be ok with LJ being sacked if the majority of the players were sacked too, they are ultimately responsible.

Agree with this.

Need something of a clear out this summer (yet again)

Broxburn Greens
09-04-2023, 04:52 PM
We should stop downplaying the derby and actually care more about it.

We may win more of them.

Hibs accept average and take the fans for a ride.

Problem is as fans we (myself included) rant and moan on social media or forums like this but come next week there will be apathy from the stands and a shrug of the shoulders so the club pay zero notice.

Keith_M
09-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Problem is as fans we (myself included) rant and moan on social media or forums like this but come next week there will be apathy from the stands and a shrug of the shoulders so the club pay zero notice.

This isn't a personal dig, honestly, but...

I've read similar comments on here a few times and I'm always left scratching my head about what it is that we could actually do to change things.

:dunno:

Scotty Leither
09-04-2023, 06:07 PM

I've read similar comments on here a few times and I'm always left scratching my head about what it is that we could actually do to change things.

We rant on here because there’s no other outlet as the club doesn’t brook any dissenting voices. It’s all spin and no substance from them. A bit like that slaver of a manager.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 07:11 PM
This thread is dead, no use now as for sure one of the dead heads is no longer around, with luck the other one will be gone as well, so it will be all to play for and a brand new day.

Callum_62
09-04-2023, 07:29 PM
Hearts have even ruined our hibs. Net thread

Disgrace

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
09-04-2023, 10:21 PM
Hearts will beat us without a manager - that’s how bad things are at Hibs.

We seem to take forever to make appointments in important positions.

Nothing has changed since the last 2 derbies this season - we are still way off the level and fight to win these games.

Pagan Hibernia
09-04-2023, 10:43 PM
As bad as Maloney.

what makes you think he won’t be going anywhere? The club haven’t exactly been slow to pull the trigger on managers when things haven’t gone well in the last few years.

Diclonius
09-04-2023, 10:48 PM

I'd take a win on Saturday and 10th place than mid-table and another pasting.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 10:53 PM
I'd take a win on Saturday and 10th place than mid-table and another pasting.

I’d rather a draw and top 6 if that’s an option (too late to bother counting points and that). And I’m normally one of the “why don’t we treat derbies like hertz do” crowd. That can start next season, first things first get this ****in sorted out, anything less than 5th should be a sackable offence for any hibs manager, it’s embarrassing and unacceptable

WhileTheChief..
09-04-2023, 10:57 PM

We could start with the tried and trusted chant of "Johnstone Must Go" at ER.

We can't be far off it now.

09-04-2023, 11:12 PM
While I would never actually want Hibs to lose a match, especially a derby, the departure of the clueless clown Johnson will sweeten the bitter pill of the inevitable capitulation against the yams next Saturday.

So you don't want to lose the derby but you do if it gets LJ the sack.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 11:13 PM
So you don't want to lose the derby but you do if it gets LJ the sack.

He said it’d sweeten the bitter pill, not that he actually wants us to lose. Basic English comprehension that.

09-04-2023, 11:17 PM
He said it’d sweeten the bitter pill, not that he actually wants us to lose. Basic English comprehension that.

I understand basic English and I can also read between the lines. I'm calling it BS, he wants to lose the derby but knows straight out admitting that would attract criticism so is trying to dress it up.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 11:18 PM
I understand basic English and I can also read between the lines. I'm calling it BS, he wants to lose the derby but knows straight out admitting that would attract criticism so is trying to dress it up.

I think it’s fairly safe to say none of us want to lose the derby, the guy just wants LJ gone.

09-04-2023, 11:20 PM
I think it’s fairly safe to say none of us want to lose the derby, the guy just wants LJ gone.

He wants us to lose to Hearts to achieve that.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 11:20 PM
He wants us to lose to Hearts to achieve that.

Doubt it.

09-04-2023, 11:21 PM
Doubt it.

I don't.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 11:22 PM
I don't.

Fair enough. Have a nice night mate

Diclonius
09-04-2023, 11:22 PM
I honestly couldn't give two ****s if it meant Johnson staying another decade, I want to win that ****ing derby.

That should be priority number one for Hibs and our fans.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 11:23 PM
Surely every Hibs fan wants Lee to win the next 50 games and become a legend? I'd never actually want us to lose.

I don't think he's the right guy. I don't think he's done a good enough job. I'd love him to turn it round, starting with a win over hearts.

09-04-2023, 11:24 PM
Fair enough. Have a nice night mate

Good night my friend.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 11:25 PM
Surely every Hibs fan wants Lee to win the next 50 games and become a legend? I'd never actually want us to lose.

I don't think he's the right guy. I don't think he's done a good enough job. I'd love him to turn it round, starting with a win over hearts.

This is where I’m at

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 11:26 PM

You'd absolutely hope so. There's been loads of players and managers I haven't liked in my time. But I've always, always hoped they'd prove me wrong.

I support Hibs. Ultimately all I want is for them to do well regardless. I hate not liking players or managers.

09-04-2023, 11:32 PM

100% agree but anyone starting a thread saying our inevitable capitulation against Hearts would be sweetened by the manager getting sacked, in my book, means they want to lose to them so as far as I'm concerned they should cancel their season ticket and get one for Tynecastle instead.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 12:27 AM

Don't think he is worse than Maloney btw , if Maloney had a excuse for the team not being his , has LJ not got one too in who signed Henderson, Mitchell , JDH and more ? Yes he's been backed though not well as the club have admitted . The last time we had a decent team was under Alan Stubbs after he left Lennon came in and after a bright start we deteriorated pretty fast( as Celtic did too ) and been on the decline ever since !

JohnM1875
10-04-2023, 12:31 AM
Don't think he is worse than Maloney btw , if Maloney had a excuse for the team not being his , has LJ not got one too in who signed Henderson, Mitchell , JDH and more ? Yes he's been backed though not well as the club have admitted . The last time we had a decent team was under Alan Stubbs after he left Lennon came in and after a bright start we deteriorated pretty fast( as Celtic did too ) and been on the decline ever since !

It was Maloney's first job as manager and he was thrown to the wolves. Sold Boyle without a replacement and wasn't backed in the slightest.

LJ has gone on about managing over 300 games etc.

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-04-2023, 12:31 AM

Nah, sorry. If LJ hasn’t been well backed then Maloney wasn’t at all. Mitchell started well, JDH was a Ross signing as far as I’m aware? Maloney was stuck with a January window and then got the bullet after being a wee bit unlucky against hertz at Hampden (players shat it and lost their heads). He’d be well within his rights to feel hard done by, if LJ does get the bullet it’s on him.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 01:04 AM
Nah, sorry. If LJ hasn’t been well backed then Maloney wasn’t at all. Mitchell started well, JDH was a Ross signing as far as I’m aware? Maloney was stuck with a January window and then got the bullet after being a wee bit unlucky against hertz at Hampden (players shat it and lost their heads). He’d be well within his rights to feel hard done by, if LJ does get the bullet it’s on him.

Maloney got poor players signed in his window , so did LJ in his first transfer window , JDH was a Ross player, seems to be a pattern here of poor recruitment under 3 different managers , I also think doidge was a Hecky signing btw who wasn't as good as when he first came to Hibs , Mitchell was a s**** signing . LJ has still got players poorly recruited by previous manager's and on long contracts . LJ has also been unlucky and can also feel hard done by if he gets the bullet too imo

Broxburn Greens
10-04-2023, 05:15 AM

After the frustration of yesterday, this of course is where I’m at.

It does appear the nickname Streaky Lee is well merited though. The manager needs to address why that is over the summer provided he can turn it around in the next two games as I (without any inside knowledge) believe after the last bad “streak” he was probably told it’s top 6 or out.

If that’s the case the pressure is really on him now.

WhileTheChief..
10-04-2023, 08:15 AM
Maloney got poor players signed in his window , so did LJ in his first transfer window , JDH was a Ross player, seems to be a pattern here of poor recruitment under 3 different managers , I also think doidge was a Hecky signing btw who wasn't as good as when he first came to Hibs , Mitchell was a s**** signing . LJ has still got players poorly recruited by previous manager's and on long contracts . LJ has also been unlucky and can also feel hard done by if he gets the bullet too imo

Unlucky and hard done by?

Are we talking about LJ here or us fans for having to put up with him?!

(only joking)

Don Giovanni
10-04-2023, 08:17 AM

Win and we set up a derby where we could have overtaken an out of sorts Hearts by beating them next Saturday .... Instead we lose and now face a situation where a defeat could well see us finish out of the top 6.

If we lose next Saturday I want to know what in a football sense justifies Johnson keeping his job .... pumped out of one cup because he treated it as a pre season run about, pumped out of another 0 -3 at home by the one club you least want that to happen against and now absolutely blowing what should have been a very good shot at 3rd to the extent that there's just as good a chance we might not even make top 6.

... beat Hearts next Saturday or **** off and take Kensell with you !!!

Top post NAE NOOKIE.

Choking away (even more) points to a bottom of the league Dundee Utd is bad enough. Missing the opportunity to build momentum heading into the derby is really poor and has likely sapped what little confidence remained in the squad.

I don't see the justification for Johnson staying and would be happy to see him gome before the derby.

Kensell may have brought in more money but his blabbering strikes me as unprofessional and appointments on his watch have been awful. He can go as well.

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2023, 08:26 AM

The idea that Maloney was backed better or even similar than LJ has been is laughable.

One of them had Boyle sold after a promising start, the other one had Boyle signed for him. One of them has signed numerous players who will have attracted decent wages while the other was left with god awful budget signings like Jasper, Henderson, Mitchell and James Scott. One of them was left relying on Kevin Dabrowski, left with probably the worst starting line up I’ve ever seen at Hibs since relegation for a semi final at Hampden against Hearts.

Lee Johnson has been an utter disaster all things considered and has done a significantly worse job than Maloney did. And that’s saying something.

I'm Spartacus
10-04-2023, 08:27 AM
I wonder if Aberdeen will keep Robson? If they don't then we are joining Aberdeen and Hearts in the market when there's doesn't seem much out there, the only man neither would touch is Lennon.

Trinity Hibee
10-04-2023, 08:28 AM
Top post NAE NOOKIE.

Choking away (even more) points to a bottom of the league Dundee Utd is bad enough. Missing the opportunity to build momentum heading into the derby is really poor and has likely sapped what little confidence remained in the squad.

I don't see the justification for Johnson staying and would be happy to see him gome before the derby.

Kensell may have brought in more money but his blabbering strikes me as unprofessional and appointments on his watch have been awful. He can go as well.

👏

marinello59
10-04-2023, 08:31 AM

Lose to Hearts AND have them crowing that they got our manager sacked? I don’t see how that would sweeten anything.

I'm Spartacus
10-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Lose to Hearts AND have them crowing that they got our manager sacked? I don’t see how that would sweeten anything.

Meanwhile they have removed giving us that glory by sacking him in advance.

Trinity Hibee
10-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Given our season is finished the remaining carrot for us is to beat hearts and dent their hopes of finishing 3rd. Will it happen? Probably not

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 08:50 AM
Unlucky and hard done by?

Are we talking about LJ here or us fans for having to put up with him?!

(only joking)
You seem to be fond of a joke though very few are actually funny. From your first one in having a go at me about pasting which was downright nasty though the return of a manager ( lennon )that dragged this club down in the first place is quite a improvement though maybe you should keep them for a poster that actually wants to here them !

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2023, 09:01 AM

Lennon’s bright start lasted about 27 months. The deterioration (in results) happened in the last 3 months of his time with Hibs (Oct 18- Jan 19)

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2023, 09:04 AM

His points total is almost identical in terms of PPG, he’s been much more heavily backed than Maloney and also had a summer and a winter transfer window. Maloney also took us to Hampden.

By near enough every measure he’s either worse or no better than Maloney and he’s inexplicably still being given time to show us that.

WhileTheChief..
10-04-2023, 09:07 AM
You seem to be fond of a joke though very few are actually funny. From your first one in having a go at me about pasting which was downright nasty though the return of a manager ( lennon )that dragged this club down in the first place is quite a improvement though maybe you should keep them for a poster that actually wants to here them !

Crikey.

Sorry.

Since452
10-04-2023, 09:11 AM
If this was a good Hibs team firing on all cylinders I'd still expect them to beat us. In all likelihood, Hearts will win and there will be no way back for the manager with many fans.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 09:17 AM
Lennon’s bright start lasted about 27 months. The deterioration (in results) happened in the last 3 months of his time with Hibs (Oct 18- Jan 19)
27 months of having a good team that was built by a previous manager and it declined badly under his management , in them final 3 months we were awful , he then threw a tantrum and got himself more or less dismissed( which I wonder did he want as he landed back at parkhead pretty quickly) . At Celtic he spent over £30 million quid in signing duds like ' barkas , Ajeti and many more and failed miserably in 10 in a row . Celtic couldn't get him out the door quick enough and yet some on here want him back to rebuild Hibs . Absolutely mental.

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2023, 09:18 AM
If this was a good Hibs team firing on all cylinders I'd still expect them to beat us. In all likelihood, Hearts will win and there will be no way back for the manager with many fans.

there should absolutely be no way back if he loses 3 out of the 4 derbies (fortuitously drawing the other one).

Willis1875
10-04-2023, 09:19 AM
27 months of having a good team that was built by a previous manager and it declined badly under his management , in them final 3 months we were awful , he then threw a tantrum and got himself more or less dismissed( which I wonder did he want as he landed back at parkhead pretty quickly) . At Celtic he spent over £30 million quid in signing duds like ' barkas , Ajeti and many more and failed miserably in 10 in a row . Celtic couldn't get him out the door quick enough and yet some on here want him back to rebuild Hibs . Absolutely mental.

If he’s at Hibs to purely manage the players at his disposal and leaves the recruitment to the apparent incoming DOF then I’d be for it

Hibernian Verse
10-04-2023, 09:23 AM
Given our season is finished the remaining carrot for us is to beat hearts and dent their hopes of finishing 3rd. Will it happen? Probably not

On what planet is our season finished? If we beat Hearts as you suggest we're right back in the mix for fourth which will get us matches in Europe. Don't know about anyone else but I would love to dust my passport down for another trip abroad with the club and fans.

Failing that, I hear we're going to Spain for pre-season :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2023, 09:25 AM

I don’t want him back but to write off the good parts of his tenure as simply ‘he inherited a good team’ is revisionism. In Jan 2018, when things were looking a little shaky, his signings revitalised the team. I know all about his flaws, and I have no interest in his time at Celtic. He deserves credit for the good times at Hibs and he deserves criticism for the bad but I tell you what, compared to a lot of the rubbish we’ve seen in the 4 years since then his time looks like halcyon days

Gloucester Hibs
10-04-2023, 09:26 AM

But if he signs some players before he gets bulleted then the next guy will have the same ready made excuse as his predecessors 😃 Jeezo… at some point there has to be some accountability.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 09:33 AM
If he’s at Hibs to purely manage the players at his disposal and leaves the recruitment to the apparent incoming DOF then I’d be for it
If he's at Hibs to manage this current squad at his disposal it will be like his last 3 months ( awful ) , probably lose the plot and cause mayhem within the club again . I think if Johnson goes he would be a step backwards . I think the new people running our club will have heard of his behaviour before and he won't get a look in even if the job becomes available.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 09:37 AM
But if he signs some players before he gets bulleted then the next guy will have the same ready made excuse as his predecessors 😃 Jeezo… at some point there has to be some accountability.
Totally agree GH it's a rinse and repeat scenario and accountability has to stop at the way the club's getting run imo.

I'm Spartacus
10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
Remember the last time Lee faced El Sackio, we won 6-0!

hibee-boys
10-04-2023, 09:53 AM
Trust Hearts to spoil El Sackio 2.0, far less interesting when it’s just the one managers job on the line…….that’s just about every Hibs game these days😂

ErinGoBraghHFC
10-04-2023, 09:56 AM
Trust Hearts to spoil El Sackio 2.0, far less interesting when it’s just the one managers job on the line…….that’s just about every Hibs game these days[emoji23]

They only sacked him yesterday because they shat out of the double stakes El Sackio Derby. *****bags.

Pagan Hibernia
10-04-2023, 09:59 AM
Remember the last time Lee faced El Sackio, we won 6-0!

If he beats hearts 6-0 next weekend…. then ok we’ll give him to the rest of the season.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 10:09 AM
I don’t want him back but to write off the good parts of his tenure as simply ‘he inherited a good team’ is revisionism. In Jan 2018, when things were looking a little shaky, his signings revitalised the team. I know all about his flaws, and I have no interest in his time at Celtic. He deserves credit for the good times at Hibs and he deserves criticism for the bad but I tell you what, compared to a lot of the rubbish we’ve seen in the 4 years since then his time looks like halcyon days
I wasn't trying to write off the good parts of his time at Hibs as there were some very good times under him as manager though unlike our previous and current manager he got the Hibs job at a very good time ( good team on a high after winning the cup , big club in a lower league expected to win it ) and all this sadly went wrong under him and his conduct wasn't good either. When any manager is getting talked about for the Hibs job I always take a interest in how they done at previous clubs and his last job were he spent £30 million quid with only one other club to beat and was a total failure which doesn't inspire confidence in me that he's the right man for Hibs if the job became available.

DH1875
10-04-2023, 12:14 PM
Difference is; our club and a lot of our fans seem to see finishing 6th as acceptable. That lot see it for what it is , failure and a kite season. A draw and 6th place finish will see LJ in the job for the start of next season.