PDA

View Full Version : Harry Mckirdy

Donegal Hibby
06-04-2023, 11:19 PM
I agree with Lee Johnson on what he says here about Harry Mckirdy , i think he has been unprofessional a few times at Hibs to be honest and the league quality from league 1 or 2 in England isn't as good as the Scottish premier League either and he hasn't adjusted to it so far . Though I definitely think there's a player there who needs maybe more time .
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/harry-mckirdy-backed-to-come-good-at-hibs-after-ditching-unprofessionalism-and-finding-girlfriend-4095998

Colr
06-04-2023, 11:31 PM
I agree with Lee Johnson on what he says here about Harry Mckirdy , i think he has been unprofessional a few times at Hibs to be honest and the league quality from league 1 or 2 in England isn't as good as the Scottish premier League either and he hasn't adjusted to it so far . Though I definitely think there's a player there who needs maybe more time .
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/harry-mckirdy-backed-to-come-good-at-hibs-after-ditching-unprofessionalism-and-finding-girlfriend-4095998

Would some time on loan help him?

B.H.F.C
06-04-2023, 11:41 PM
Think he might play on Sunday. That place on the right is the one that is up for grabs and I think it’s a certainty we’ll revert to our normal shape.

Front three of him, Youan and Nisbet.

Donegal Hibby
06-04-2023, 11:54 PM
Would some time on loan help him?
I don't know to be fair though I'd rather keep him if you want my honest opinion. I think he's trying and just needs a goal, been unlucky a few times now , one even against Motherwell were I thought he done ok in when he came on.

WeeRussell
06-04-2023, 11:58 PM
I just haven’t seen it from him yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong soon.

Unseen work
07-04-2023, 12:10 AM
Am I right in saying he’s only started 3 games?

Celtic at Parkhead - Subbed at half time
Hearts at Tynecastle - Subbed at half time
St Mirren at St Mirren Park - Subbed first half due to injury.

So in fairness to him he’s not had a great chance in that sense as he’s not had a run of games where he’s starting.

But he’s had a lot of 15-30 minute sun appearances where to be honest he’s done very little. He’s hardly created a chance or even looked like scoring.

Granted there was a couple of games, Dundee United away being one where I thought he looked dangerous.

But all in all he’s not done nearly enough and others wouldn’t be cut the slack he has.

He’s also hugely frustrating with his falling over at the slightest touch which will never result in a foul and his constant moaning over nothing.

The starts he’s had and early sun appearances have maybe hung him out to dry a bit……but he came in as a big signing who was full of charisma, confidence and had the football ability to go with it.

We’ve not seen 10% of that.

Not one goal or assist. Hoppe has hardly been here and got 1 goal and 2 assists (if you include the rangers one). Henderson has alot of critics but has decent numbers and always seems to score or create when he plays. Youan and Nisbet are first picks in a forward position and their stats back it up. Kuhkarevych is now back from injury and has a decent scoring rate and contributes when he plays.

Loads to play for still and he needs to up his game now.

AugustaHibs
07-04-2023, 04:25 AM
Aye he’ll come good now he’s got a bird

Dmas
07-04-2023, 05:08 AM
He’s not good enough, I really can’t see him coming good at all unfortunately, I get the points about him only getting X amounts of mins here and there only starting 3 games but I think there is good reason for that and he shouldn’t just be given starts to see if it helps he’s got to earn that and he’s not been close, we have had huge injury problems right across the front line this season and he hasn’t managed to force his way in there, I’d rather Laidlaw was given the game time to be honest, possibly a more central midfeild player but the lad Zaik as well could do a turn on the right I think

Nicho87
07-04-2023, 06:34 AM
He’ll be back down the road in summer, 100%

J-C
07-04-2023, 06:42 AM
I said it on a previous thread, he's played his entire career in Div2 in England and had 1 good season. Looking at his career he seems to play 1 season before moving on, he's 26 now so isn't really going to improve, cut our losses and move him on in the summer.

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2023, 06:43 AM
Wanted him to do well but time and patience starting to run out

Seemed to be a bit of the Jack The Lad with something about him but so far has spectacularly failed to deliver

I am sure every Hibs fan wanted him to succeed the new Deeks perhaps but so far couldn’t lace Deeks’ boots

C’mon give us a goal against the Jambo’s Harry

Up-the-slope
07-04-2023, 06:51 AM
its possibly another square peg being shoved in a round hole - looked like most of his playing has been in a 2 up front or main striker.

we rarely ever play more than one central striker (one reason Doidge was loaned) and with Nisbet coming back from injury he wont get any more chance than hes had up front . playing out wide he so far has looked lost and does not have pace and or trickery to do that.

would rather have one of the young guys deputising for Nisbet and getting the 15 - 20 mins 1st team game time.

Bobby's Cinema
07-04-2023, 06:51 AM
All well and good but there were questions around unprofessionalism at the time of signing - from the departing clubs fans and well known in the league he was playing in. Nothing about any of that should be a surprise. We spent a proportion of our budget to get him in and he was built up as a bit of a marquee signing to fill a problem area for us.

Honest assessment but just not acceptable nearly a full season down the line. Maybe it's the managers way of trying to get a reaction out of him I hope it works

Brightside
07-04-2023, 06:52 AM
I think he’s awful. First touch is poor. Players seem reluctant to pass to him. Spends more time complaining to officials than actually looking for the ball. Up there with Rowen Vine as one of our worst signings. He’s 26. If he can’t just turn up and perform he needs to go. ASAP.

But it’s ok as he’s got himself a Scottish girlfriend and that will fix him 😂

Cat Stanton
07-04-2023, 07:26 AM

Johnson: "He’s got himself a girlfriend now, which I believe is all part of the holistic ability to settle"

What's the *holistic* ability to settle? Is that what I have been missing all my unsettled life?

Jones28
07-04-2023, 07:45 AM
I think he’s awful. First touch is poor. Players seem reluctant to pass to him. Spends more time complaining to officials than actually looking for the ball. Up there with Rowen Vine as one of our worst signings. He’s 26. If he can’t just turn up and perform he needs to go. ASAP.

I’ll defend literally any player we’ve ever had if they’re compared to that useless **** rowan vine, genuinely my most disliked Hibs player.

As another poster has pointed out his chances have been very limited and he’s had a few injuries. He needs more time and if it turns out he isn’t of the standard then cheerio.

Brightside
07-04-2023, 07:46 AM
I’ll defend literally any player we’ve ever had if they’re compared to that useless **** rowan vine, genuinely my most disliked Hibs player.

As another poster has pointed out his chances have been very limited and he’s had a few injuries. He needs more time and if it turns out he isn’t of the standard then cheerio.
Rowen was Pele compared to Harry.

Jones28
07-04-2023, 07:49 AM

Pfffft ok then.

hibstag
07-04-2023, 07:51 AM
Johnson: "He’s got himself a girlfriend now, which I believe is all part of the holistic ability to settle"

What's the *holistic* ability to settle? Is that what I have been missing all my unsettled life?

Is that a code word not to upset the pc brigade, as in he is now getting his holistic

Greenbeard
07-04-2023, 07:56 AM

A hoose, a motor, a local, a couple of pals, a burd and a dug/moggy to pet/kick.
Order to suit.

Jones28
07-04-2023, 07:57 AM

Googled it, it is a real thing.

Greenbeard kens. Hoose, motor, hole plus others.

Just_Jimmy
07-04-2023, 08:08 AM
I said before, rarely does a player start poorly at Hibs and come good. If they don't show something early doors they usually get emptied pretty quick.

I don't see it from him at all.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
07-04-2023, 08:18 AM
Would play Henderson in front of him on the right

Brightside
07-04-2023, 08:27 AM
Would play Henderson in front of him on the right

I’d play Laidlaw but he won’t get a shot ahead of highly paid players.

zitelli62
07-04-2023, 08:28 AM

Deary me.

JimBHibees
07-04-2023, 08:37 AM
I’d play Laidlaw but he won’t get a shot ahead of highly paid players.

Fair enough however he needs to earn it.

Bostonhibby
07-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Is that a code word not to upset the pc brigade, as in he is now getting his holisticIs it something to do with Celtc?

Only they get a bit self righteous if theyve been missed out?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Greenio
07-04-2023, 09:00 AM
I said before, rarely does a player start poorly at Hibs and come good. If they don't show something early doors they usually get emptied pretty quick.

I don't see it from him at all.

Campbell was being told by loads of folk on here he was dreadful and needed get rid of asap

The Modfather
07-04-2023, 09:07 AM
Fair enough however he needs to earn it.

Out of interest, what more can he do than score a lot of goals for the U19s and look to have long since outgrown that level? What is it that Bojang, Tavares , McKirdy, Melkerson etc have done differently to the U19s that has them get on the park and on the bench this season for no return? We saw O’Connor start to get some minutes at the end of games, before that quickly dried up again.

The Modfather
07-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Campbell was being told by loads of folk on here he was dreadful and needed get rid of asap

Campbell, while still not being 100% convinced by him but he is effective, has proved a lot of people wrong, myself included. He is an exception though, are there many, or any, other examples like Campbell at Hibs?

I’d be inclined to give young players more time if they are raw but show potential. Less so players like McKirdy, who at 26 we are buying as a first team ready player.

Stubbsy90+2
07-04-2023, 09:18 AM

He was, and he’s turned it round. One example doesn’t mean it isn’t a rarity though.

He’s also a hell of a lot younger than McKirdy who is really in his prime now.

Donegal Hibby
07-04-2023, 09:19 AM
Wanted him to do well but time and patience starting to run out

Seemed to be a bit of the Jack The Lad with something about him but so far has spectacularly failed to deliver

I am sure every Hibs fan wanted him to succeed the new Deeks perhaps but so far couldn’t lace Deeks’ boots

C’mon give us a goal against the Jambo’s Harry
Think we all wanted him to do well and any Hibs fans patience that is starting to run out is understandable. I was quite critical of him at the start on a few issues that I thought his attitude wasn't great on.

Though there's not been any more off the field issues with him since . I thought he worked hard and was lively when he came on against Motherwell and was unlucky not to score and done more than our other strikers tbh .

I noticed Mckirdy made a few wee runs in behind the Motherwell defence, looking for a pass to him that he rarely got , I still think we are lacking a creative midfielder ( Scott Allan type ) to do this. Still think there's a player there that could come good for us yet and all he maybe needs is a goal to start him off.

Alex Trager
07-04-2023, 09:31 AM
I’m extremely keen for him to score against Hearts. Any player really, but for some reason I think he would enjoy it ever so much, as would we.

Getting the celebration out into a spewing hearts end. Yes please.

JimBHibees
07-04-2023, 09:31 AM
Out of interest, what more can he do than score a lot of goals for the U19s and look to have long since outgrown that level? What is it that Bojang, Tavares , McKirdy, Melkerson etc have done differently to the U19s that has them get on the park and on the bench this season for no return? We saw O’Connor start to get some minutes at the end of games, before that quickly dried up again.

Burst it at training and in games to prove he is better than players in front of him.

Hibernian Verse
07-04-2023, 09:40 AM
I’m extremely keen for him to score against Hearts. Any player really, but for some reason I think he would enjoy it ever so much, as would we.

Getting the celebration out into a spewing hearts end. Yes please.

They're in turmoil. We could really do with turning them over next week and getting Robbie sacked.

Brooster
07-04-2023, 09:40 AM
'I think there's a player in there'....the dreaded line attrubuted to anyone who has been horrendous for Hibs. Harry McKirdy is dreadful, another in a long line of mediocre signings in the last few years sadly. File under Hoppe and Jeggo.

The Modfather
07-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Burst it at training and in games to prove he is better than players in front of him.

That, and also get the same opportunities and minutes to prove their first team worth as afforded to the underperforming players I listed. It would be a whole lot cheaper to simply give opportunities to our own youngsters and potentially find out they aren’t good enough than block the pathway signing expensive projects like Hague, Delfierre, Melkerson, Henderson, Tavares, Bojang & McKirdy. Though he is less of a project but still unclear what specific role we actually signed him for.

Brightside
07-04-2023, 09:45 AM

Was there really many people saying get rid ASAP? Either way. He was a product of Hibs so worth sticking with. Harry is a div2 26 year old with one good season in his career. Daft signing.

JimBHibees
07-04-2023, 09:48 AM
That, and also get the same opportunities and minutes to prove their first team worth as afforded to the underperforming players I listed. It would be a whole lot cheaper to simply give opportunities to our own youngsters and potentially find out they aren’t good enough than block the pathway signing expensive projects like Hague, Delfierre, Melkerson, Henderson, Tavares, Bojang & McKirdy. Though he is less of a project but still unclear what specific role we actually signed him for.

Absolutely agree with your overall point. Would much rather we gave our home grown players more of a shot especially when they performed so well at top European level for their age.

JimBHibees
07-04-2023, 09:50 AM
Was there really many people saying get rid ASAP? Either way. He was a product of Hibs so worth sticking with. Harry is a div2 26 year old with one good season in his career. Daft signing.

Loads saying he wasn't good enough and never would be for Hibs and should be sold or loaned to lower Scottish teams

SickBoy32
07-04-2023, 09:58 AM
They're in turmoil. We could really do with turning them over next week and getting Robbie sacked.

Wish we were in similar turmoil tbh, couple of 3nil derby wins and sitting in the driving seat for 3rd in April 😂

We absolutely need to be beating them next weekend or it’ll be us in the ****

Hibbyradge
07-04-2023, 10:29 AM
"Bring Mckirdy on" said no-one, ever.

He offers nothing unless arguing with the officials is important to you.

I never think that we've improved when he's introduced to a game and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

BILLYHIBS
07-04-2023, 10:29 AM
Think we all wanted him to do well and any Hibs fans patience that is starting to run out is understandable. I was quite critical of him at the start on a few issues that I thought his attitude wasn't great on.

Though there's not been any more off the field issues with him since . I thought he worked hard and was lively when he came on against Motherwell and was unlucky not to score and done more than our other strikers tbh .

I noticed Mckirdy made a few wee runs in behind the Motherwell defence, looking for a pass to him that he rarely got , I still think we are lacking a creative midfielder ( Scott Allan type ) to do this. Still think there's a player there that could come good for us yet and all he maybe needs is a goal to start him off.

Yip there was a game just before he got injured when he seemed to make an impact but the injury interrupted his momentum and he had to start from scratch again

I have noticed he does make intelligent runs but rarely gets played in

He will know that he is playing at a higher level and needs to step up to the plate

It is getting make or break for him and he definitely needs a break

Noticed at the Dortmund game he was posing for photos and spending time laughing and joking with youngsters and seems to really enjoy being here

It is up to him to make the most of what time he has left of this season

eastterrace
07-04-2023, 10:51 AM
I would rather they kept Robbie as a lot of there fans don’t like him so it causes unrest in the camp, but we really need to win next week as another defeat is unthinkable.

Cat Stanton
07-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Googled it, it is a real thing.

Greenbeard kens. Hoose, motor, hole plus others.

So "holistic" is an adjective derived from "(getting your) hole"?

Makes sense.

Cheers.

It's an education, this place.

overdrive
07-04-2023, 11:16 AM
My wife and father-in-law who were both neutrals in terms of Hibs and Motherwell, were at the match on Saturday. McKirdy was their highlight of the game but not for positive reasons rather comedy reasons. Neither had seen a player that is so constantly moany towards the officials. He was even in the face of the officials when we scored. My FIL was still doing impressions of him after we'd been out for dinner and drinks at 11pm that night.

They thought he was of a really poor standard ability wise too.

J-C
07-04-2023, 11:16 AM

Makes sense.

Cheers.

Haha hole with a "W"

Viva_Palmeiras
07-04-2023, 12:17 PM

He’s motoring his way up the Maslow’s hierarchy of needs hurtling towards self-actualisation :)

overdrive
07-04-2023, 01:03 PM

Have you seen his girlfriend? I wouldn't be concentrating on my football if I was with someone like her.

Bishop Hibee
07-04-2023, 02:28 PM
"Bring Mckirdy on" said no-one, ever.

He offers nothing unless arguing with the officials is important to you.

I never think that we've improved when he's introduced to a game and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I might say it if I saw Jair warming up instead 😉

Pretty Boy
07-04-2023, 03:18 PM
I might say it if I saw Jair warming up instead 😉

I find Jair a bit of a mystery.

He started the 1st game of the season so I don't think he was brought in as some kind of project. Played a few games, wasn't great then disappeared injured. He then made a coupl of sub appearances and, in my opinion anyway, showed a few glimpses in those that there was a player there. Not great but there were potentially more promising signs than anything McKirdy has shown albeit only in tiny flashes.

He just seems to have fallen way out of favour again though. When you consider how ineffective McKirdy has been, that we have been trying to fit square pegs in round holes in recent weeks and that he has showed up ok in development games then it seems odd he has had no chance whatsover.

Jones28
07-04-2023, 04:14 PM

Makes sense.

Cheers.

On the whole. Yes.

wookie70
07-04-2023, 04:22 PM
I don't see it at all. Looks at least a level down if not more but he could be the type that a goal changes everything. That goal may never come though

B.H.F.C
07-04-2023, 04:24 PM

He started the 1st game of the season so I don't think he was brought in as some kind of project. Played a few games, wasn't great then disappeared injured. He then made a coupl of sub appearances and, in my opinion anyway, showed a few glimpses in those that there was a player there. Not great but there were potentially more promising signs than anything McKirdy has shown albeit only in tiny flashes.

He just seems to have fallen way out of favour again though. When you consider how ineffective McKirdy has been, that we have been trying to fit square pegs in round holes in recent weeks and that he has showed up ok in development games then it seems odd he has had no chance whatsover.

Tavares was all right up at St Johnstone first day of the season. Nothing brilliant but decent enough.

Agree he wasn’t brought in as some kind of punt that might do all right in a couple of years. Was brought in to play and failed miserably.

Just_Jimmy
07-04-2023, 05:40 PM
Tavares was all right up at St Johnstone first day of the season. Nothing brilliant but decent enough.

Agree he wasn’t brought in as some kind of punt that might do all right in a couple of years. Was brought in to play and failed miserably.Then utterly woeful at Livingston a few weeks later.

andrew70
07-04-2023, 05:46 PM
Rowan Vine was Pele compared to Harry. I can’t believe what I’ve just read. Brightside you’ve outdone yourself there.

Talks as much nonsense on here as he does on twitter I see.

Harry will come good.

Unseen work
07-04-2023, 06:22 PM
I’m surprised by people saying McKirdy was good against Motherwell. He had one shot/cross that flashes across goal and other than that done nothing.

He had one awful pass to Cadden that he underhit and was intercepted and I immediately thought if that was Tavares he would have got dogs abuse.

I actually remember real excitement over Tavares in the cup when he came on at half time, the ball was passed to him and his first touch was to flick it off the deck and over the defenders head. Full of confidence and not something you do with no ability.

In Tavares first league game against st Johnstone he was getting loads of joy from his movement and runs in behind in the first half. The first he cut back and shot over, second he squared to Youan and the third he had a one on one which was flagged offside. I thought he showed a good understanding with Cabraja who continuously picked him out and had his best game for us, I sometimes wonder if that’s what Cabraja is missing ie a winger than runs in behind for him to pick out.

He then struggled against a physical Livi team on that awful surface and was suspended for the following game. A lot has been made of his 45 minutes against Livi however he wasn’t the only one.

Numerous players have also played far far worse over the course of the season and for longer than 45 minutes but for some reason it seems to stick with Tavares

Tavares also came on against st Johnstone and his movement won a pen however was flagged offside by a hair. Against Raith during Christmas he was our best player and Johnson said himself he’s been the best player in other closed door games.

I’m not saying he’s brilliant but I think his movement creates chances. In all of mckirdys games how many chances has he created? I’ve no doubt Tavares would have created more in the same amount of game time.

If Tavares was shrugged off the ball or fell over the amount Mckirdy was again he’d get abuse and we’d hear he’s too soft.

Give the laddie a chance

Unseen work
07-04-2023, 06:22 PM
Also I’m being so vocal about how poor McKirdy has been in hope he shuts me up on Sunday 🤣

Bostonhibby
07-04-2023, 06:30 PM

Agree he wasn’t brought in as some kind of punt that might do all right in a couple of years. Was brought in to play and failed miserably.We've probably released youth players, and still have kids on the books who never cost a shed load of money by Hibs standards, who could do that given the chance, especially if offered a similar deal.
Bizarre.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
07-04-2023, 06:31 PM

:greengrin

Tyler Durden
07-04-2023, 07:20 PM

He’s also been on the bench and remained unused for about 80% of our games. Which suggests he is a good pro….. and yet regardless of how the game goes he never gets a chance. It’s bizarre

cameronw-hfc
07-04-2023, 08:45 PM
I think there's something in Lee's comments about struggling to adapt. Harry said on a podcast around the new year that he's struggled at other clubs to fit in and didn't settle but did settle right away at Swindon.

Could be that the shock to the system of the professionalism aspect Lee mentioned and his injuries have just stopped him feeling like this is his home. I know I'm a glass half full type but I'm still willing to see how he does next season as its been a very stop start year for him and whilst he's not shown very much, I can't help but have a nagging feeling that there's a player in there, we just need to persist a bit longer.

I've also basically written this season off in my head for Jair. He's young and new country so willing to leave him until next year to judge.

Colr
07-04-2023, 10:18 PM
I don't know to be fair though I'd rather keep him if you want my honest opinion. I think he's trying and just needs a goal, been unlucky a few times now , one even against Motherwell were I thought he done ok in when he came on.

He’s pacey and aggressive so I’d like to see him play a bit further back. He doesn’t look like a front man.

JohnM1875
08-04-2023, 01:08 AM
I really really want it to happen for McKirdy. Been ages since I've wanted player to show what their capable of.

Hopefully the next chance he gets he grabs with both hands, so fair hes looked so far off it ☹️

DH1875
08-04-2023, 09:22 AM
To be fare. He was making all sorts of runs against Motherwell but no one would pass him the ball. That's not his fault although not sure what it says about the other players thoughts on him lol.
The way he continually points to where he wants the ball does my head in for some reason though.

Since452
08-04-2023, 09:43 AM
Waste of a shirt. If I was young Laidlaw I'd be doing my best to get a move away. If he can't get in the team ahead of this joker he has no chance.

Donegal Hibby
08-04-2023, 10:34 PM
Interesting article about Harry Mckirdy . Still hope the guy comes good for us .
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-harry-mckirdy-no-goals-no-assists-i-know-ive-not-been-good-enough-but-i-want-to-prove-everyone-wrong-4097402

Onceinawhile
09-04-2023, 09:53 AM
Starts today...

GRA
09-04-2023, 11:55 AM
Given a start today and, bar the opening few minutes, has offered nothing. Keep giving him chances and he keeps showing nothing. Big 45 minutes needed from him now.

Bad Habits
09-04-2023, 11:58 AM
Given a start today and, bar the opening few minutes, has offered nothing. Keep giving him chances and he keeps showing nothing. Big 45 minutes needed from him now.

Would disagree with that, no one has offered much, but at least he's got the ball and run at the defence. Few good crosses too.

thebausburst
09-04-2023, 11:59 AM
Guys hopeless let’s be honest, want far too many touches reflective of him being a lower level player.

supermcginn
09-04-2023, 12:03 PM

He created a tap in for Nisbet, that's more than the rest of them have done.

Hibee Daft
09-04-2023, 12:06 PM
I think Mckirdy has been decent today.

green day
09-04-2023, 12:06 PM
He's been better than youan on the other side

thebausburst
09-04-2023, 12:10 PM
He's been better than youan on the other side

He’s being man marked 🙄

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2023, 12:16 PM
He's no worse than the rest today but I just can't believe there is not one player in our youth team that could not come into the side and be an improvement. If not there is something seriously wrong with the set up.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-04-2023, 12:28 PM
He's no worse than the rest today but I just can't believe there is not one player in our youth team that could not come into the side and be an improvement. If not there is something seriously wrong with the set up.

Every time that the Manager puts a player out of position, and says he has no options, that tells our younger players he doesn't rate them or has no real oversight of their abilities.

ekhibee
09-04-2023, 12:30 PM

That's just what I was thinking.

Since452
09-04-2023, 12:37 PM
Needs to start producing. We paid a fee for him.

NC1875
09-04-2023, 12:51 PM

You’re having a laugh. One touch too many every time he had the ball. Too lightweight. The boys useless

Spike Mandela
09-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Rooted for the lad all season in the hope he would come good and be an creative forward option for us but he simply hasn’t delivered anything of note.

In the words of Alan Sugar it’s “ with regret, you’re fired” in the summer for me.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-04-2023, 01:09 PM

Agreed, anyone being kept out the team by this clown might as well hang their boots up. Try watching him off the ball, honestly one of the worst players I've ever seen, doesn't appear to have any understanding of the game whatsoever.

Speedy
09-04-2023, 01:11 PM
Two things I have in common with Harry McKirky. Crap at football, and haven't scored any goals for hibs.

Mince!

tonyrougier123
09-04-2023, 01:12 PM

I agree,done well for me. Youan is the culprit today very wasteful in good areas.thought time stopped a couple of times on ball. Man short today.

Del Boy
09-04-2023, 01:14 PM
He wasn’t our worst player today but he’s nowhere near good enough. Send him back to English lower leagues in the summer.

hibee-boys
09-04-2023, 01:18 PM
Can’t fault the guys efforts today but he been such a big disappointment……how gash must the lower leagues in England be🤷🏼

Malthibby
09-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Not McKirdy's fault but he just isn't good enough, someone described him as an empty crisp packet blowing around the pitch which is cruel
but fits for me.
LJ has to take responsibility for playing him along with responsibility for turning us into a dreadful football team.
Zero from two games against 'Well & DU is beyond shocking.
I'm down south next weekend & would normally be gutted to miss a derby but at the moment I'll be much happier watching Ozric's Tentacles.
I obviously hope we win but quite frankly we have been inexcusably pish too often this season and have have blown a real chance of finishing 3rd.
Hell we could end up seventh before the split.
LJ's pic-n-mix approach to team selection just baffles me, too often it just seems completely random & contributes massively to our inconsistency.
Season tickets bought for next season but I've handed in my happy clapper badge. I would happily see this season end tomorrow.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 01:25 PM
He was our best player today. Genuinely surprised the stick he’s taking on here.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 01:26 PM
He was our best player today. Genuinely surprised the stick he’s taking on here.

Thought much the same. One of the few, if not only players I wouldn't have slaughtered. Surprised he went off. Miles better than Youan who was abysmal all game.

Forza Fred
09-04-2023, 01:31 PM

I guess he needs to show at the training ground to the coaching staff that he is capable of matching it with seasoned pros?

500miles
09-04-2023, 01:36 PM

He had a decent game - although his first decent game since he signed.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 01:46 PM

Not disputing that, he was good today though. Shame about the rest of them

Brightside
09-04-2023, 01:50 PM
If that’s a decent game it shows how far we have fallen in our expectations.

hibsbollah
09-04-2023, 01:53 PM

Some of the sticks not genuine. It’s not fallen for him yet but he was decent today.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Like the team as a whole he started quite brightly then did little after that.

Was fairly encouraged by his opening 15-20 minutes. After that it was more of the same from him really. Too many touches, bad decisions and ludicrously lightweight.

Onion
09-04-2023, 01:59 PM
Some of the sticks not genuine. It’s not fallen for him yet but he was decent today.

McKirdy had his best game in a Hibs shirt ... for first 10 mins when he picked out passes to Hibs players, but then started his usual running with the ball oblivious to anything around him and invariably losing it or being blow off the ball by a gust of wind. He has no future at Hibs if we have any realistic desire to be top 3-6. Henderson, McKirdy and few others need shipped out asap.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 02:01 PM

What does that mean?

MrRobot
09-04-2023, 02:08 PM
If that’s a decent game it shows how far we have fallen in our expectations.

Nonsense, he was good today. Good first half, faded 2nd. Far worse players than him today but he gets singled out as usual

Billy McKirdy
09-04-2023, 02:12 PM
Seeing the stick he gets, well deserved I think, takes me back to games of football as a youth when McKirdy was always in the last two to get picked for a game, I bear no responsibility for the current McKirdy

Crammond Hibee
09-04-2023, 02:16 PM
Nonsense, he was good today. Good first half, faded 2nd. Far worse players than him today but he gets singled out as usual

He was poor
Very poor
In my opinion
Did nowt and gave the ball away far too often

SickBoy32
09-04-2023, 02:18 PM
The guy is getting dangerously close to joining the esteemed club of non-scoring Hibs strikers - Vine, Kuqi etc

The fact some are saying he played well in a loss to a terrible Utd side, when he was largely ineffectual, blows my mind tbh!

McKirdy isn't up to it, although not through a lack of effort I may add

scottish_sleepy
09-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Thought much the same. One of the few, if not only players I wouldn't have slaughtered. Surprised he went off. Miles better than Youan who was abysmal all game.

Totally agree.
Youan was absolutely honking.
All those attempts and tricks and flicks instead of just taking his bloody man on.
That effort when clean through just before being taken off sums him up.
How he gets a free ride all the time is beyond me.

Scotty Leither
09-04-2023, 02:41 PM
I think Youan (still) needs a whole load of coaching like Boyle did when he came to the club. He also needs a midfielder who puts the ball into the channels for him to run onto. The club simply refuses to buy that kind of player, though.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 02:56 PM
He was just another in a pretty piss poor side, was not as bad as some on here would have us believe but not great for sure.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 03:15 PM
The guy is getting dangerously close to joining the esteemed club of non-scoring Hibs strikers - Vine, Kuqi etc

The fact some are saying he played well in a loss to a terrible Utd side, when he was largely ineffectual, blows my mind tbh!

McKirdy isn't up to it, although not through a lack of effort I may add

Has he ever been started as a striker?

Brooster
09-04-2023, 03:20 PM

Is this a wind up? He was garbage again.

Pretty Boy
09-04-2023, 03:22 PM
The difference between Youan and McKirdy is that one has shown something to suggest he is a good player.

One was also double teamed every time he got the ball today. The other was given the freedom of Tannadice. That suggests United had a clear idea of who the danger was and who wasn't.

SickBoy32
09-04-2023, 03:22 PM

Couldn't give a ****

Reported when he signed he could play anywhere across a front 3

Unfortunately for him and us - he's no longer playing in an english pub league

Take your trolling elsewhere ya muppet, wanting rid of Hanlon but defending this dafty

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 03:24 PM
Couldn't give a ****

Reported when he signed he could play anywhere across a front 3

Unfortunately for him and us - he's no longer playing in an english pub league

Take your trolling elsewhere ya muppet, wanting rid of Hanlon but defending this dafty

You’re the muppet, try watching the game with your eyes open next time, daft ****

chrisski33
09-04-2023, 03:26 PM
Hes pish end of! Get him offloaded in the summer

j'adorehibs
09-04-2023, 03:35 PM
Hes pish end of! Get him offloaded in the summer

agreed....take Tavares, Carabja, Henderson with him.

Big clear out required and we need Hibs players who have experience not loaness, even LJ called out Fish for being green on the radio.

roc1
09-04-2023, 03:59 PM

That’s just it. He scored loads in the 6 yard box for Swindon.
Just doesn’t seem to fit whatever kind of plan(?) we have 🙄

number9dream
09-04-2023, 04:21 PM

He had a decent first 5-10 mins and things might have taken an upturn if Nisbet had stuck that cross away.
Then he was just dreadful… Not the only one, but dreadful all the same.

madbadlad
09-04-2023, 04:27 PM
McHuddy has had a bunch of chances for us and has shown nothing. Rather have Josh O’Connor in.

snedzuk
09-04-2023, 04:47 PM
agreed....take Tavares, Carabja, Henderson with him.

Big clear out required and we need Hibs players who have experience not loaness, even LJ called out Fish for being green on the radio.

He did. He also picked him.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 04:51 PM
I think Youan (still) needs a whole load of coaching like Boyle did when he came to the club. He also needs a midfielder who puts the ball into the channels for him to run onto. The club simply refuses to buy that kind of player, though.

Maybe Joe Newell could be coached to do that?

Northernhibee
09-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Headless chicken.

B.H.F.C
09-04-2023, 04:53 PM
Good for ten minutes today then turned back in to the hopeless greeting faced wee prick that he is. Forgets there’s a game going on at times.

Donegal Hibby
09-04-2023, 05:11 PM
I thought he had a good game today as well and wasn't nearly has bad as some are making out he was .

Ronniekirk
09-04-2023, 05:14 PM
Seeing the stick he gets, well deserved I think, takes me back to games of football as a youth when McKirdy was always in the last two to get picked for a game, I bear no responsibility for the current McKirdy
He was brought in to score goals Hevhasnt scored one or provided one assist all season
Maybe that will change In The next few weeks ,but that’s why he is getting stick

Libby Hibby
09-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Not good enough, it’s that simple

Northernhibee
09-04-2023, 07:00 PM
Only thing more embarrassing than his penalty claim is the touch he took beforehand. Supposedly a professional footballer.

Absolutely talentless.

3pm
09-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Maybe Joe Newell could be coached to do that?

Aye, time to get rid.

Willis1875
09-04-2023, 07:08 PM
648 minutes of football for Hibs this season going by Transfermarkt….No goals,no assists.

Ollie Shaw offered more

cameronw-hfc
09-04-2023, 07:09 PM
This place turns and becomes so toxic towards players so quickly. Lads had a rough year on and off the pitch, sure pages of abuse will help his cause massively.

Tyler Durden
09-04-2023, 07:10 PM
This place turns and becomes so toxic towards players so quickly. Lads had a rough year on and off the pitch, sure pages of abuse will help his cause massively.

Don’t think any of us are interested in his cause - it’s Hibs we support.

He’s not really getting toxic abuse is he? Simply people pointing out that he’s out of his depth at this level. He’s had chances now and he’s getting worse if anything.

Northernhibee
09-04-2023, 07:11 PM
He’s had two thirds of a season and produced zero. Zilch. No goals. No assists. Just ‘hilarious’ social media posts about Chelsea and a silly haircut.

Thats not a sudden turn of opinion on him, that’s what happens when you don’t produce and don’t look like you care much.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2023, 07:12 PM
Scores a hat-trick on Saturday all will be forgiven

Then again that didn’t help James Scott did it ?

I thought that was his best game for us today

LewysGot2
09-04-2023, 07:14 PM

He got a decent reception from the stands on departing the field of play. Not a top performance by any stretch but, unlike some, he tried.

Thought he was better at Rugby Park but it’s all relative I guess

Scotty Leither
09-04-2023, 07:16 PM

It’s not his fault he was signed, nor is it his fault he’s not good enough, but then neither is Henderson, Kenneh, Tavares or Jeggo and countless others.

The root problem lies elsewhere, the laddie is just the symptom of it; another one signed in a fanfare, and has produced nothing.

The SPL Premiership might be of questionable standard, but it’s a higher standard than where he came from, and he’s playing for a club that’s one of the biggest in its league and accordingly comes under a lot of scrutiny.

BILLYHIBS
09-04-2023, 07:19 PM
He got a decent reception from the stands on departing the field of play. Not a top performance by any stretch but, unlike some, he tried.

Yip wasn’t perfect loads of mistakes but as you say at least he tried and was showing for the ball and driving forward probably was better at Killie

Hopefully he will leave us a better player

Brightside
09-04-2023, 07:26 PM

If he plays i may see if they will let me just stay in the Albion. He’s one of the worst players ive ever seen. A pointless signing who had one decent run of form in the lower English leagues. He has a semi decent 10 mins and people want him to start. We cannot be at that level.

Helensburghhibs
09-04-2023, 07:47 PM
Funny ,, I just watched the highlights as didn't make it up there today and he looked I
Like one of our best performers. Easy scapegoat imo . Being played out of position

Hiber-nation
09-04-2023, 07:54 PM
Funny ,, I just watched the highlights as didn't make it up there today and he looked I
Like one of our best performers. Easy scapegoat imo . Being played out of position

I've no idea how LJ sees him as a wide right forward.

Whatever position he's not up to standard.

one day maybe...
09-04-2023, 07:59 PM

Needs to play off a big striker. His movement is decent but he is never in a million years a wide right or left midfielder. Honesty think the boy just needs to play with a player that can win knock downs and feed him in the box.. He looks so scared to get a pass wrong and that must be ****.. Didn’t think he was our worst player today

hibsbollah
09-04-2023, 08:01 PM

He did indeed.
I think the folk that were there appreciated his contribution. A few trolls mixed with a few keyboard warriors on here I think. Some classless posts.

marinello59
09-04-2023, 08:07 PM
He did indeed.
I think the folk that were there appreciated his contribution. A few trolls mixed with a few keyboard warriors on here I think. Some classless posts.

One of our better players today. I applauded him off.

LewysGot2
09-04-2023, 08:09 PM
He did indeed.

One of our better players today. I applauded him off.

Have to say on coming back down the road from the game I thought there’d be the usual response to a frustrating loss but surprised to see some of the negativity directEd at McKirdy relative to others…

BoltonHibee
09-04-2023, 08:41 PM

He’s ****ing awful! Takes too many touches on the ball when he should be releasing other players to get on the ball. He’s pushed off the ball too easily and complains to all and sundry like a baby that’s had his sweeties stolen. Empty the little twat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
09-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Can certainly question his Hibs contribution to date but woukdnt particularly single him out today. Way ahead of him in the firing line today Elie, Josh, Newell and last by no means least Cadden who defensively makes Trent Alexendar Arnold look like Paulo Maldini. Was just a shocking performance, hit the light switch on the way out Lee.

Glory Lurker
09-04-2023, 08:57 PM
Thought he did alright today.

Haymaker
09-04-2023, 09:09 PM
We have this guy yet won't offer Griffiths a contract.

Know who I would prefer playing in a Hibs strip.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

chrisski33
09-04-2023, 09:16 PM

Griffiths 🤦

Donegal Hibby
09-04-2023, 09:20 PM

Might have to be XXL Hibs shirt now though :greengrin

Malonga's Cat
09-04-2023, 09:35 PM
He's not as bad as some are suggesting. Done enough? Absolutely not but you can see his movement off the ball is there and he works hard. I think he's underestimated the level of Scottish football compared to down south but judging him on his hair and just slating him is a bit much. Defo not the worst today and maybe he'll get played in a system that works. Sticking him out wide isn't doing it!

hibsbollah
09-04-2023, 09:36 PM
He's not as bad as some are suggesting. Done enough? Absolutely not but you can see his movement off the ball is there and he works hard. I think he's underestimated the level of Scottish football compared to down south but judging him on his hair and just slating him is a bit much. Defo not the worst today and maybe he'll get played in a system that works. Sticking him out wide isn't doing it!

Good take on McKirdy and that is an excellent username. This place is definitely looking up!

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 09:43 PM
Only thing more embarrassing than his penalty claim is the touch he took beforehand. Supposedly a professional footballer.

Absolutely talentless.

You are an absolute slaver man.

Haymaker
09-04-2023, 10:20 PM
Griffiths [emoji1751]Has a history of scoring - a lot - of goals at this level. Griffiths would be a great squad player right now.

chrisski33
09-04-2023, 10:33 PM
Has a history of scoring - a lot - of goals at this level. Griffiths would be a great squad player right now.

Griffiths is done. Just look at his recent record when im Scotland. This debate has been done to death. Hes not what Hibs need especially with the other cr@p he brings

Northernhibee
09-04-2023, 10:40 PM
You are an absolute slaver man.
Go on, tell us all the brilliant stuff that McKirdy (and for that matter Melkersen who you constantly defend) has done.

Vault Boy
09-04-2023, 10:41 PM
I don’t want to be one of those know it all, ‘I told you so’ people, but in the case of Harry McKirdy, I was really concerned the moment we signed him. I didn’t voice it, because I’m all for giving players enough opportunity to showcase their talents and adjust to a new environment, but I think we’re about at that point with him.

I was concerned because he doesn’t act like a serious professional. I was concerned because he’s never been able to perform at a level higher than EFL League 2, which despite what folk down here might try and tell you, is an absolutely dreadful league. I was concerned because he’s only ever really managed one decent season in his career to date. I was concerned because character and attitude are important aspects of a team’s morale, training intensity, and performance levels.

Harry has unfortunately done nothing to quash these concerns. Between getting in trouble with the club for his antics on social media, to picking up pointless bookings for on field tantrums, and not least of all failing to hit a barn door with a banjo in his performances - he has sadly been an unsurprising dud. So far.

Having said all that - the manager has said he’s seen a shift in his attitude and improvements in his training levels recently. It’s obvious that we’ve not seen that translate to improvements on the pitch, but if he’s willing to put in the effort, then I’m always willing to be proven wrong. My gut tells me that we’ll see him head back down south without a redemption arc, though.

Unseen work
09-04-2023, 11:09 PM
Wasn’t impressed again today, should have had an assist for Nisbet but that’s about it.

He sometimes played an alright pass but I thought the majority of his play showed poor decision making.

On more than a few occasions he wanted too many touches or to cut inside, Cadden provided an overlap which he never used and more often than not ended up running in to trouble or getting muscled off the ball.

I appreciate confidence plays a huge part but he’s a shadow of the player I expected when we signed him

Since452
10-04-2023, 06:26 AM
I'm not even blaming McKirdy anymore. It's not his fault he's being picked when not good enough at this level. The club seemed to be bigging him up on the socials over the last week too. Why heap pressure on someone that is toiling to do anything other than run around like a Labrador with the zoomies? Said on another thread I can't defend LJ for starting him especially when another striker came off the bench and immediately scored.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-04-2023, 06:32 AM
There was definitely effort from McKirdy yesterday and he was far from our worst player, albeit that doesn't say much. What confuses me with this lad is we looked to push the boat out to get him with last minute paperwork which would suggest a properly scouted and planned signing for a first team pick. He's far away from that though.

Nicho87
10-04-2023, 06:33 AM
We are full of powderpuff players, mckirdy is just one of them

Fish
Tavares
Henderson
Cabraja
Doyle-Hayes
Miller
Marshall
Hanlon
Doidge
Newell
Melkerson
Hauge

All can leave asap now

Since452
10-04-2023, 06:39 AM

Fish
Tavares
Henderson
Cabraja
Doyle-Hayes
Miller
Marshall
Hanlon
Doidge
Newell

All can leave asap now

Add Melkersen to that list.

Nicho87
10-04-2023, 06:42 AM
Add Melkersen to that list.

Done plus the winger too

Hauge

So full of dead wood still - his did it get to this

Jones28
10-04-2023, 07:29 AM

It’s painful to read. It’s the same on the Tavares thread. Just pathetic.

Supporters? Nae bother.

Svengali
10-04-2023, 07:45 AM
The issue I have with McKirdy is he is a striker who never looks like he’s going to score at this level, how many good positions does he get into or have efforts at goal.

He’s been another poor signing, not his fault Hibs identified him. But he looks well off it.

Sick of watching him moan at refs too - just get on with it.

Svengali
10-04-2023, 07:46 AM

Fish
Tavares
Henderson
Cabraja
Doyle-Hayes
Miller
Marshall
Hanlon
Doidge
Newell
Melkerson
Hauge

All can leave asap now

Harsh adding Fish to that list. Miller, we haven’t seen enough of.

Stubbsy90+2
10-04-2023, 07:57 AM
648 minutes of football for Hibs this season going by Transfermarkt….No goals,no assists.

Ollie Shaw offered more

Oli Shaw was a significantly better player than McKirdy.

The dalmeny
10-04-2023, 08:06 AM

Any player that comes onto a fan forum wants to give thier head a wobble

BonnieFitbaTeam
10-04-2023, 08:11 AM
I'm not a fan and didn't think he contributed a great deal yesterday; far to many poor decisions and way too many unnecessary touches most of the time.

What puzzles me though is the decision of his manager to play him wide right or even wide left. I'm pretty sure his 'one good season' at Swindon when he scored heaps of goals (26 was it, can't be arsed to check), he didn't score them by hugging touchlines. Suggests we're not using him properly...

Hiber-nation
10-04-2023, 08:27 AM
I'm not a fan and didn't think he contributed a great deal yesterday; far to many poor decisions and way too many unnecessary touches most of the time.

What puzzles me though is the decision of his manager to play him wide right or even wide left. I'm pretty sure his 'one good season' at Swindon when he scored heaps of goals (26 was it, can't be arsed to check), he didn't score them by hugging touchlines. Suggests we're not using him properly...

Agree, on the left maybe if he's cutting inside but never on the right, he's no left foot and no pace. Crazy.

I have to laugh at some of the nonsense about him being the worst player ever to play for Hibs, some of which appears to be based on his haircut and moaning at refs. Another one not good enough but there were at least 6 far worse than him yesterday.

Since452
10-04-2023, 09:16 AM
Agree, on the left maybe if he's cutting inside but never on the right, he's no left foot and no pace. Crazy.

I have to laugh at some of the nonsense about him being the worst player ever to play for Hibs, some of which appears to be based on his haircut and moaning at refs. Another one not good enough but there were at least 6 far worse than him yesterday.

Maybe not the worst but certainly one of the most ineffectual. 75 mins yesterday, 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 shots. Sums up his Hibs career. At least he wasn't hooked at HT this time. Criminal decision starting him.

WestStandWillie
10-04-2023, 10:54 AM
Is he being played in the same position he was at Swindon when he was banging in the goals?

He's a victim of formation tinkering from Captain Buzzwords.

Tyler Durden
10-04-2023, 11:07 AM
Is he being played in the same position he was at Swindon when he was banging in the goals?

He's a victim of formation tinkering from Captain Buzzwords.

Yes he is

I’m baffled at anyone who thought he was decent yesterday.

hibsbollah
10-04-2023, 11:28 AM
Yes he is

I’m baffled at anyone who thought he was decent yesterday.

He banged in the goals across all the front three positions, Swindon played a very similar system to us. I get why folk are angry and lashing out but I’m equally baffled that anyone can’t see he was beating his man, making intelligent passes and runs and should have had an assist if Nisbet hadn’t made an erchie of it. I know it’s a cliche but I honestly think it’s fine margins with this boy. And Chris Cadden needs to give him the ****ing ball, you can see how frustrated he’s getting and he’s right to be.

I'm Spartacus
10-04-2023, 12:15 PM

Not sure what you mean by that ;-)

DH1875
10-04-2023, 12:26 PM
See when he had the one good season. Did he play through the middle or out on the wing?

hibsbollah
10-04-2023, 12:52 PM
See when he had the one good season. Did he play through the middle or out on the wing?

Both

eastmainsmsh
10-04-2023, 05:41 PM
It's unbelievable the players who come from down south with good reputations who can't cut it with us Josh Vela James Collins Tom James seems Mckirdy could be another

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 06:07 PM
Some highlights of Mckirdy here .
https://youtu.be/HaO22tqX-SU

cameronw-hfc
10-04-2023, 06:45 PM
Both

Mainly out wide. Seen them a few times and was always on the right when I seen him and a Swindon fan posted on here a while back saying he isn't a striker, more a winger than can cover there when needed

hibsbollah
10-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Mainly out wide. Seen them a few times and was always on the right when I seen him and a Swindon fan posted on here a while back saying he isn't a striker, more a winger than can cover there when needed

The YouTube video I watched shows him play across all three positions. He said himself in interview he can play all three. Plus when we signed him I went back to look at the bbc lineups for each game to see where he played in the formation for each game. The bbc sometimes get these wrong, or they do withHibs at least, but I think with the other two bits of evidence it shows that he played wide right, wide left and centrally.

cameronw-hfc
10-04-2023, 07:29 PM
The YouTube video I watched shows him play across all three positions. He said himself in interview he can play all three. Plus when we signed him I went back to look at the bbc lineups for each game to see where he played in the formation for each game. The bbc sometimes get these wrong, or they do withHibs at least, but I think with the other two bits of evidence it shows that he played wide right, wide left and centrally.

The BBC lineups had De Bruyne at CB for City for about 30 mins the other day, its notoriously wrong.

I'd also trust the word of a Swindon fan telling us where he's played more than a YouTube video

jacomo
10-04-2023, 07:34 PM
I don’t want to be one of those know it all, ‘I told you so’ people, but in the case of Harry McKirdy, I was really concerned the moment we signed him. I didn’t voice it, because I’m all for giving players enough opportunity to showcase their talents and adjust to a new environment, but I think we’re about at that point with him.

I was concerned because he doesn’t act like a serious professional. I was concerned because he’s never been able to perform at a level higher than EFL League 2, which despite what folk down here might try and tell you, is an absolutely dreadful league. I was concerned because he’s only ever really managed one decent season in his career to date. I was concerned because character and attitude are important aspects of a team’s morale, training intensity, and performance levels.

Harry has unfortunately done nothing to quash these concerns. Between getting in trouble with the club for his antics on social media, to picking up pointless bookings for on field tantrums, and not least of all failing to hit a barn door with a banjo in his performances - he has sadly been an unsurprising dud. So far.

Having said all that - the manager has said he’s seen a shift in his attitude and improvements in his training levels recently. It’s obvious that we’ve not seen that translate to improvements on the pitch, but if he’s willing to put in the effort, then I’m always willing to be proven wrong. My gut tells me that we’ll see him head back down south without a redemption arc, though.

Unfortunately our manager talks a whole load of *****, so his thoughts don’t offer a lot of reassurance.

Donegal Hibby
10-04-2023, 07:36 PM
Stuff on utube I've watched , he's been playing left , centre and right . Some of the goals he's got he gets plenty of time and space from defenders in it , not something you get from defenders in the spl imo .

hibsbollah
10-04-2023, 08:38 PM
The BBC lineups had De Bruyne at CB for City for about 30 mins the other day, its notoriously wrong.

I'd also trust the word of a Swindon fan telling us where he's played more than a YouTube video

I made the point myself, it is SOMETIMES inaccurate. I don’t wish to get into a boring back and forth, and I remember the Swindon poster you referred to, (top boy, very respectful and interesting) but it’s fairly clear he DID play a variety of positions when called upon.

cameronw-hfc
10-04-2023, 08:42 PM
I made the point myself, it is SOMETIMES inaccurate. I don’t wish to get into a boring back and forth, and I remember the Swindon poster you referred to, (top boy, very respectful and interesting) but it’s fairly clear he DID play a variety of positions when called upon.

He did I'm just saying he's more akin to Boyle being a winger than can do a job in a few other roles rather than a striker played out of position like others have suggested.

hibsbollah
10-04-2023, 08:49 PM
He did I'm just saying he's more akin to Boyle being a winger than can do a job in a few other roles rather than a striker played out of position like others have suggested.

Yeah I don’t think that’s the case either, out of position isn’t a good excuse. I have a feeling he’s going to come good for us and is better than he’s being given credit for but he’s just finding his feet and coming up against more talented defenders than he’s used to.

cameronw-hfc
10-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Yeah I don’t think that’s the case either, out of position isn’t a good excuse. I have a feeling he’s going to come good for us and is better than he’s being given credit for but he’s just finding his feet and coming up against more talented defenders than he’s used to.

That's my stance also. I think he's a good player that Hs struggled to settle and had a very stop start year. He's admitted himself he's not been good enough so he's one I'm willing to give time.

I think it's harder to adapt at times than most give credit for, regardless of age. I hope he gives next year another go and doesn't look to go at the end of the season because I think there's a useful player in there, we've just not seen it yet.

JammyDoidger
10-04-2023, 09:28 PM
He done more than most on Sunday and you can see he's trying, I'm sticking with him, would be happy to see him start on Saturday tbh, still swear its the type of game he will come good in. Others have had a fair crack, he's not, needs a run, boys not had 2 consecutive starts yet.

Since452
11-04-2023, 05:44 AM
He must be amazing in training to be getting a start.

JimBHibees
11-04-2023, 07:32 AM
Henderson at least scores and assists pretty regularly for the minutes he plays. Even when it doesn’t white come off he’s always there or there shouts with setting up chances or getting shots away.

McKirdy is less of a goal threat that Drey Wright (who is now actually a regularly scorer for St Johnstone 🤣)

Actually would have preferred Henderson started last two games over Hoppe and Harry. As you say at least he creates something though is very up and down.

Ronniekirk
11-04-2023, 07:50 AM
He done more than most on Sunday and you can see he's trying, I'm sticking with him, would be happy to see him start on Saturday tbh, still swear its the type of game he will come good in. Others have had a fair crack, he's not, needs a run, boys not had 2 consecutive starts yet.
Do you leave out proven strikers to accommadate someone who hasn’t scored or created one assist
I get that he maybe needs a run of games but he isn’t even getting a run out in the reserve league of under 23 team so see if he can score in these and get his confidence up
He did get a lot of the ball outwide but not sure much came of it He always looks lively for a spell but csn just drift out of games
It’s also hard to come into tesm ehen on a losing streak

hibeg
11-04-2023, 06:23 PM
I am with you. Maybe blind delusion but I think there is a player in there who can rip the Hertz a new one. Once he scores one, he will score plenty ( Maybe if he scores one :greengrin)

Not In The Know
11-04-2023, 06:32 PM

There is a pretty decent player in there. But problem is he's the perfect example of an overpaid/over-hyped English player coming upto Scotland and canny hack it in the SPFL. His positional sense, physicality and concentration are miles off it.

Two years at this level and he'd be upto speed.

Word is we are paying serious wages for him - no wonder the Dev team youngsters are leaving in droves...

Gaffer1875
11-04-2023, 06:32 PM
Said it months ago and got slated but the boy isn’t good enough and I’m genuinely surprised he’s playing at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRobot
11-04-2023, 07:35 PM
There is a pretty decent player in there. But problem is he's the perfect example of an overpaid/over-hyped English player coming upto Scotland and canny hack it in the SPFL. His positional sense, physicality and concentration are miles off it.

Two years at this level and he'd be upto speed.

Word is we are paying serious wages for him - no wonder the Dev team youngsters are leaving in droves...

What dev team youngsters have left as part of this drove?

Would be surprised if players left because they found out a player is being paid what the club were happy to pay him. Especially given that it is a rumour.

one day maybe...
11-04-2023, 08:12 PM
He made some cracking runs on Sunday and was always on the move. I honestly feel for the guys. I think the longer the game went in the harder he was trying and it just wasn’t working.. He’s out player why not get behind the fella #GGTTH 🇳🇬

jacomo
11-04-2023, 08:16 PM
I am with you. Maybe blind delusion but I think there is a player in there who can rip the Hertz a new one. Once he scores one, he will score plenty ( Maybe if he scores one :greengrin)

Hope you’re right. He’s the kind of character you would hope would relish a derby atmosphere.

chrisski33
11-04-2023, 09:26 PM
Hope you’re right. He’s the kind of character you would hope would relish a derby atmosphere.

This was said about McKirdy before the last derby.

Brooster
11-04-2023, 09:54 PM

Haha there's a player in there....that famous line when someone has been keek. The majority on here have no idea what this guy is doing anywhere near the Hibs team. I haven’t seen him even come close to scoring.

cameronw-hfc
11-04-2023, 11:20 PM
I'll judge him on next season, personally. There's too many just think its as black and white as he's not a kid so it shouldn't be hard to adapt.

Much, much better players than Harry have struggled to adapt. Pires a good example, admitted the PL was too fast and physical for him and needed a year to adapt.

Modric branded the worst signing in La Liga history first season, Bergkamp branded a waste of money by the papers, even Messi at PSG.

Before anyone tries to be wide and say I'm comparing Harry to Messi, I'm not. The point is surely if these world class players can struggle in their first year its not insane to think Mckirdy might just need the year to settle, no? Or is that too reasonable for .net😂

J-C
12-04-2023, 05:44 AM
He's 26 and has had 1 good season playing in a garbage league, a league he's played his whole career in, send him back to Swindon where he belongs.

Since452
12-04-2023, 05:46 AM
I'll judge him on next season, personally. There's too many just think its as black and white as he's not a kid so it shouldn't be hard to adapt.

Much, much better players than Harry have struggled to adapt. Pires a good example, admitted the PL was too fast and physical for him and needed a year to adapt.

Modric branded the worst signing in La Liga history first season, Bergkamp branded a waste of money by the papers, even Messi at PSG.

Before anyone tries to be wide and say I'm comparing Harry to Messi, I'm not. The point is surely if these world class players can struggle in their first year its not insane to think Mckirdy might just need the year to settle, no? Or is that too reasonable for .net😂

That's true. Maybe we should have given Rowan Vine more time too? He couldn't score either and both played around the same number of minutes. Id love him to come good but I don't see anything to suggest he will. Personally rather we binned players who aren't good enough. The club's you mentioned all had world class players to pick up the slack. We need players that can hit the ground running and contribute straight away. Imagine having McKirdy as our main striker next season when Nisbet and Myko leave in all probability?

Stubbsy90+2
12-04-2023, 07:11 AM

Pires scored 10 from left mid in his first season.

Bergkamp scored 16 in his first season, a tally he only went on to better once whilst at Arsenal.

Modric had a poor start to his Real Madrid career after missing all of pre season but by the end of his first season he was an extremely important player and contributed well in the second half of his first season.

Messi has undoubtedly been poorer for PSG than he was for Barca.

McKirdy is a forward with 0 goals and 0 assists. These situations are not comparable, not even close.

HFC93
12-04-2023, 07:39 AM
He's garbage. Not much more to it than that.

Clarence
12-04-2023, 07:46 AM
The reality is that we have a manager and a CEO who have come from an English football background and thought that they could take the base metal of the lower leagues down south and the youth systems abroad, sprinkle a little BS and come up with gold because Scottish football is pretty crap anyway. Funnily enough that didn’t work and we just have a squad with a number of players who are out of their depth at this level.

Hibernian Verse
12-04-2023, 07:49 AM
The reality is that we have a manager and a CEO who have come from an English football background and thought that they could take the base metal of the lower leagues down south and the youth systems abroad, sprinkle a little BS and come up with gold because Scottish football is pretty crap anyway. Funnily enough that didn’t work and we just have a squad with a number of players who are out of their depth at this level.

Johnson knew about Scottish Football. On paper McKirdy looked like a good signing and you'd have thought capable of scoring between 5-10 goals at least. It hasn't worked out.

For however many more years I've got left on this planet, Hibs will continue to make signings that don't work. Real Madrid and Barca will also make many signings that don't work.

This is the way.

Iain G
12-04-2023, 08:11 AM

Why don't we re-appoint Duff Jimmy and sign a bunch of lower league journeymen, at least they will be Scottish and not any of those nasty foreigners...

SickBoy32
12-04-2023, 12:28 PM
Johnson knew about Scottish Football. On paper McKirdy looked like a good signing and you'd have thought capable of scoring between 5-10 goals at least. It hasn't worked out.

For however many more years I've got left on this planet, Hibs will continue to make signings that don't work. Real Madrid and Barca will also make many signings that don't work.

This is the way.

The LC disaster suggests he knew / knows very little about Scottish football - why play a stronger team at home to Clyde than away to Falkirk for example ?

Don't think McKirdy looked a good signing on paper either - one flash in the pan season in league 2 aside

In the last 18-24 months we must have made 4/5 horror signings for every half decent one, this is the issue

hibsbollah
12-04-2023, 01:39 PM
Haha there's a player in there....that famous line when someone has been keek. The majority on here have no idea what this guy is doing anywhere near the Hibs team. I haven’t seen him even come close to scoring.

Except when he hit the bar from 25 yards out? Sure he was a bawhair offside but that’s close to scoring in my book.

Onceinawhile
12-04-2023, 02:41 PM
Except when he hit the bar from 25 yards out? Sure he was a bawhair offside but that’s close to scoring in my book.

Nah, not hitting the target with a shot, that even if it had gone in, wouldn't have counted, isn't (IMO) close to scoring.

Stubbsy90+2
12-04-2023, 02:43 PM

I can’t remember the effort you’re on about but I think using a goal that would have been offside if it had went in when it didn’t go in anyway kind of backs up Broosters point.

WhileTheChief..
12-04-2023, 03:19 PM
We need a form of VAR to confirm if something is close to being a goal :faf:

hibsbollah
12-04-2023, 03:27 PM
I can’t remember the effort you’re on about but I think using a goal that would have been offside if it had went in when it didn’t go in anyway kind of backs up Broosters point.

Fair enough, I disagree, I think if a boy smashes it from 25 yards off the woodwork and the offside flag goes up spoiling his celebration then most folk would say he was ‘close to scoring’. It shows he has the ability to do it, anyway.

jacomo
12-04-2023, 07:21 PM
Why don't we re-appoint Duff Jimmy and sign a bunch of lower league journeymen, at least they will be Scottish and not any of those nasty foreigners...

I think there is at least a chance that our current management team have underestimated the club and underestimated Scottish football, no?

Iain G
12-04-2023, 09:11 PM
I think there is at least a chance that our current management team have underestimated the club and underestimated Scottish football, no?

No

😁

Clarence
12-04-2023, 09:18 PM

I’m not being xenophobic, just pointing out that the experiment to hire players from Rainbow FC and Norwegian and Portuguese reserve leagues has not worked. Duffy actually signed some poor quality foreign players as well but don’t let that get in the way of you trying to imply someone is a racist. Could we maybe just sign one decent player, who is proven in our own league rather than 3 or 4 players that are a big gamble and are unlikely to make an impact? I don’t care what nationality they are, they just need to have the track record of earning a place in the Hibs first team.

147lothian
12-04-2023, 09:28 PM

I'm with you on this one, because of the runs he makes and he's got a bit of fight about him which is always needed in a derby, even in the Sunday **** show he was far from being our worst performer, I would like to see him start on Saturday, because he is what we need when collectively the team is not doing well.

cameronw-hfc
12-04-2023, 10:23 PM
Pires scored 10 from left mid in his first season.

Bergkamp scored 16 in his first season, a tally he only went on to better once whilst at Arsenal.

Modric had a poor start to his Real Madrid career after missing all of pre season but by the end of his first season he was an extremely important player and contributed well in the second half of his first season.

Messi has undoubtedly been poorer for PSG than he was for Barca.

McKirdy is a forward with 0 goals and 0 assists. These situations are not comparable, not even close.

The point is, all of those players are much, much better than Harry yet got written off/slated/admitted themselves their first year was poor. Pires being one that said he struggled to adapt, he wasn't half the player in his later years at Arsenal.

Harry isn't anywhere near their level, but has also moved to a new league, higher standard and has struggled to adapt in his first year. It wasn't me saying let's compare them- more that if they can struggle, it's not out of the question a much lesser player could also struggle to adapt.

He's also been very stop start this year due to injuries so there's plenty there to hint at the fact he's just had a crap year, rather than being a crap player.

Closer to home look at Rocky. Yes he's younger, but struggled massively due to injuries in his own words during the loan spell, think he said he played most weeks injured. Second season after some work on the training ground he looked a new man. I'm just saying I'll give Harry next season before writing him off as there's plenty to suggest he's struggled for multiple reasons this year

Scotty Leither
12-04-2023, 10:27 PM
He wasn’t the worst on Sunday, but once again he looked like he was blowing a bit after only 30 minutes, so maybe his fitness is still an issue?

Anyhoo, he needs a goal and nae better than this game to do that.

Collectively we simply must compete on Saturday, if that means it’s a booting match then so be it.

If I witness any more insipid, lifeless displays I think I’ll combust.

Iain G
13-04-2023, 06:58 AM
I’m not being xenophobic, just pointing out that the experiment to hire players from Rainbow FC and Norwegian and Portuguese reserve leagues has not worked. Duffy actually signed some poor quality foreign players as well but don’t let that get in the way of you trying to imply someone is a racist. Could we maybe just sign one decent player, who is proven in our own league rather than 3 or 4 players that are a big gamble and are unlikely to make an impact? I don’t care what nationality they are, they just need to have the track record of earning a place in the Hibs first team.

Not accusing anyone of being a racist! I don't think LJ has underestimated what it takes up here, same way I don't think Mowbray or Stubbs did either. I find it's very insular thinking to suggest anyone coming up from England who doesn't get it right somehow "doesn't get" Scottish football.

Since452
13-04-2023, 07:19 AM
Not accusing anyone of being a racist! I don't think LJ has underestimated what it takes up here, same way I don't think Mowbray or Stubbs did either. I find it's very insular thinking to suggest anyone coming up from England who doesn't get it right somehow "doesn't get" Scottish football.

Yeah it's a very lazy accusation. Scottish football isn't a different sport. On top of that, saying a guy who came up here and played for two different clubs and won a trophy on the way doesn't get Scottish football is daft.

Stubbsy90+2
13-04-2023, 07:36 AM
The point is, all of those players are much, much better than Harry yet got written off/slated/admitted themselves their first year was poor. Pires being one that said he struggled to adapt, he wasn't half the player in his later years at Arsenal.

Harry isn't anywhere near their level, but has also moved to a new league, higher standard and has struggled to adapt in his first year. It wasn't me saying let's compare them- more that if they can struggle, it's not out of the question a much lesser player could also struggle to adapt.

He's also been very stop start this year due to injuries so there's plenty there to hint at the fact he's just had a crap year, rather than being a crap player.

Closer to home look at Rocky. Yes he's younger, but struggled massively due to injuries in his own words during the loan spell, think he said he played most weeks injured. Second season after some work on the training ground he looked a new man. I'm just saying I'll give Harry next season before writing him off as there's plenty to suggest he's struggled for multiple reasons this year

It’s all relative how good they are. McKirdy cost us a decent fee. In theory he should be our Pires, Bergkamp etc.

I get that you were trying to show players can struggle, but these guys showed masses of promise scoring a very impressive amount of goals, plenty of them in big games. They also came from abroad and struggled to adapt for a matter of weeks, not the full year like McKirdy.

Harry McKirdy has 0 goals and 0 assists. He’s better likened to Cole ‘The Goal’ Stockton at Hearts than he is Pires and Bergkamp even allowing for consideration being given to the fact he’s not at their standard.