PDA

View Full Version : Lee Johnson

Pages : [1] 2 3

dastardly8
04-04-2023, 08:24 PM
Banged into Lee Johnson in Edinburgh Airport on Monday , fair play to him he spent 10 mins or so talking to me , he was livid about Saturdays performance , spoke about the old firm VAR decisions and was at Easter Road to show somebody we have on pre- contract , he really seems engrossed in trying to get it right and very genuine.

Lago
04-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Banged into Lee Johnson in Edinburgh Airport on Monday , fair play to him he spent 10 mins or so talking to me , he was livid about Saturdays performance , spoke about the old firm VAR decisions and was at Easter Road to show somebody we have on pre- contract , he really seems engrossed in trying to get it right and very genuine.
Hope so 👌

SteveHFC
04-04-2023, 08:31 PM

Jonny Williams?

Unseen work
04-04-2023, 08:41 PM
Time for the detectives to come out.

What time of day was this? Was the player leaving or arriving?

That makes it easier to narrow down the flights 🤣

Bridge hibs
04-04-2023, 08:44 PM
Jonny Williams?Kamberi

Donegal Hibby
04-04-2023, 08:48 PM
Kamberi
I was going to post this though thought some wouldn't find it funny 😂😂😂

jacomo
04-04-2023, 08:50 PM

I’ll say this for Lee, he does seem to be doing everything he can to make it work.

I’m not sure I’ve got the emotional bandwidth to cope with yet more managerial upheaval so I hope it does.

HoboHarry
04-04-2023, 08:50 PM

Exactly - what side of the aircraft were the Alps on? :greengrin

Bridge hibs
04-04-2023, 08:51 PM
I was going to post this though thought some wouldn't find it funny 😂😂😂

I thought it was mildly amusing for a split second before I posted it 🫣 I think we can safely say he will never be back in a hibs jersey, phew 😵

dastardly8
04-04-2023, 08:51 PM

He was going down South family reasons but had came from Easter road after showing the player around obviously wouldn’t say who it was

Unseen work
04-04-2023, 09:42 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/lee-johnson-sets-manchester-city-29631483

Looks like we’ll be using his contacts at the city group for loans next season

bingo70
04-04-2023, 09:45 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/lee-johnson-sets-manchester-city-29631483

Just said similar on the PM board but there’s a hint of self preservation about those quotes IMO.

If we don’t make top 6 there’s no way he should be manager next season regardless of who his contacts are.

matty_f
04-04-2023, 09:59 PM
Just said similar on the PM board but there’s a hint of self preservation about those quotes IMO.

If we don’t make top 6 there’s no way he should be manager next season regardless of who his contacts are.

I don't think that should be the case, personally. I think the club tried something different with the transfers in the summer and got it wrong, it's my belief that Johnson stood behind these signings which was a mistake but having spoken directly to the CEO and having watched the interviews he did with the podcasts, I think there's an acceptance at the club that they didn't give LJ the tools to compete in the summer.

This is evidenced with the January activity.

Add in injuries to Magennis, McGeady, Boyle, Nisbet , Myko etc for a huge chunk of the season and considering we're heading into the split still with an outside chance of third, he's done alright, and I think we'll get better under him .

I would be disappointed to see him go even if we don't hit top six this season.

Donegal Hibby
04-04-2023, 10:15 PM

Think he's just be honest and open about using his contacts with the city group and don't get any hint of self preservation in his quotes to be honest , most managers at clubs I'd imagine are all ready planning for next season at this stage . Personally think we will make top 6 though do think the Hibs board are going to stick with him for next season if he's signing players he wants on pre- contracts which is what I'd like to see as well , there's a few players I think doesn't fit into his plans that he's been unable to move on this season too .

PHeffernan
04-04-2023, 10:39 PM

He hates a babble.
All very harmless.

bingo70
04-04-2023, 11:30 PM
I don't think that should be the case, personally. I think the club tried something different with the transfers in the summer and got it wrong, it's my belief that Johnson stood behind these signings which was a mistake but having spoken directly to the CEO and having watched the interviews he did with the podcasts, I think there's an acceptance at the club that they didn't give LJ the tools to compete in the summer.

Add in injuries to Magennis, McGeady, Boyle, Nisbet , Myko etc for a huge chunk of the season and considering we're heading into the split still with an outside chance of third, he's done alright, and I think we'll get better under him .

Hopefully we finish top 6 and we don’t get to find out who’s right or wrong.

Assuming you’re right, it will be Interesting to see where the DoF fits into your thinking though.

LJ for DoF? (Nah I don’t think so either 😂)

Cat Stanton
05-04-2023, 07:15 AM

In response...:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tam-mcmanus-left-infuriated-hibs-29628401

Chorley Hibee
05-04-2023, 07:28 AM
In response...:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tam-mcmanus-left-infuriated-hibs-29628401

Tam's response might hold more weight if he'd actually told the truth about Hurtado's record.

Over 200 goals in his career, plus 70 odd caps for his country with a 1 in 3 strike rate.

Hurtado was a disaster here, but his career was a lot more successful than Tam would suggest. I'd suggest it was a damn sight more successful than Tam's career was too.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 07:34 AM
In response...:

Hard to argue with a lot of that.

bingo70
05-04-2023, 07:43 AM
Tam's response might hold more weight if he'd actually told the truth about Hurtado's record.

Over 200 goals in his career, plus 70 odd caps for his country with a 1 in 3 strike rate.

Hurtado was a disaster here, but his career was a lot more successful than Tam would suggest. I'd suggest it was a damn sight more successful than Tam's career was too.

Thought that was a really strange introduction to what was actually a pretty good point by him.

In answer to his point, I think it’s probably fair to suggest the best young Man City players will likely be better than the best young Hibs players. I probably agree with the general point he’s making though, we can’t ignore our own youth to take a punt on other teams youth on loan, nothing against getting good young players but it needs to be balanced better with bringing through our own young players at the same time.

Brightside
05-04-2023, 07:43 AM
Jonny Williams?

Yep think that’s done. Couldn’t be less excited.

jeffers
05-04-2023, 07:46 AM

If we don’t finish in the top 6 surely he has to go. Maloney was sacked for that very reason with far less opportunities than Johnson has had.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 07:47 AM
Thought that was a really strange introduction to what was actually a pretty good point by him.

In answer to his point, I think it’s probably fair to suggest the best young Man City players will likely be better than the best young Hibs players. I probably agree with the general point he’s making though, we can’t ignore our own youth to take a punt on other teams youth on loan, nothing against getting good young players but it needs to be balanced better with bringing through our own young players at the same time.

Need to remember though that we don’t get the best youth players from these sort of teams, they guys go down to the Championship. If someone is coming on loan to us they’re likely at the point where teams like Man City know they’ll not make it there.

Since452
05-04-2023, 07:53 AM
If we don’t finish in the top 6 surely he has to go. Maloney was sacked for that very reason with far less opportunities than Johnson has had.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. The football under Johnson has, on the whole, been night and day compared to the stuff served up under Maloney. Sure we had a sequence of games with barely a shot on goal under Shaun.

Bostonhibby
05-04-2023, 07:59 AM

This is where I am on this too, odd introduction but I agree with the rest of the article.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

jeffers
05-04-2023, 08:03 AM
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. The football under Johnson has, on the whole, been night and day compared to the stuff served up under Maloney. Sure we had a sequence of games with barely a shot on goal under Shaun.

It should be imo. He’s had two windows, signed multiple players, spending lots of money yet we still get served up a performance like we saw on Saturday. Bottom 6 should be a sackable offence from the position Johnson started in.

Iain G
05-04-2023, 09:59 AM

No reason why loan signings like Fish or Kukharevych can't work well with some of own own younger players also coming though. We just to to balance it with good experienced core that are permanent signings.

supermcginn
05-04-2023, 10:09 AM
Jonny Williams?

Fingers crossed. He would be an excellent signing.

jacomo
05-04-2023, 10:28 AM

Maloneyball was near unrelenting garbage.

We’ve shown definite signs of progress since then. Failure to reach the top six would be poor, no question, but let’s cross that bridge when we come to it.

A year ago I thought Arteta was a slaver but now his team is leading the EPL against all predictions. I choose to have hope.

MrRobot
05-04-2023, 10:29 AM
It should be imo. He’s had two windows, signed multiple players, spending lots of money yet we still get served up a performance like we saw on Saturday. Bottom 6 should be a sackable offence from the position Johnson started in.

The position he started in? Having to rebuild a team low on confidence and contained players from 2 previously failed managements. Along with that, the signing being project signings rather than experience?

All our football, even when losing, has been significantly better than the football offered under Maloney. Even during that losing streak, we were playing really well in games but we just couldn’t covert. He has also been without Boyle and Nisbet for a large chunk of the season.

Any call to sack him if we miss out on top 6 will be ridiculous. We need to give managers time, not just sack every single year.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 10:34 AM
Maloneyball was near unrelenting garbage.

We’ve shown definite signs of progress since then. Failure to reach the top six would be poor, no question, but let’s cross that bridge when we come to it.

A year ago I thought Arteta was a slaver but now his team is leading the EPL against all predictions. I choose to have hope.

Have we shown progress? Our record in the cups is as bad as it could possibly be under LJ and if we end up bottom 6 then we’ll not really have improved on that front either. We currently pick up 1.31ppg compared to 1.26 under Maloney, a difference of two points over the course of a full season. We’ve also carried on with our terrible record in derbies and against the OF and have been beaten by every team in the league at least once this season. I’m not really seeing the progress others are seeing tbh and the stats don’t seem to see it either.

Smartie
05-04-2023, 10:39 AM
Have we shown progress? Our record in the cups is as bad as it could possibly be under LJ and if we end up bottom 6 then we’ll not really have improved on that front either. We pick up 1.31ppg compared to 1.26 under Maloney, a difference of two points over the course of a full season. I’m not really seeing the progress others are seeing tbh and the stats don’t seem to see it either.

He was just in the door for the League Cup and he hadn't really had the benefit of the January window for the Scottish Cup derby, and derbies can be hard to call anyway.

The cup record is awful but it's not a huge sample size and it's not without mitigating factors either.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 10:40 AM
He was just in the door for the League Cup and he hadn't really had the benefit of the January window for the Scottish Cup derby, and derbies can be hard to call anyway.

The cup record is awful but it's not a huge sample size and it's not without mitigating factors either.

There’s no excuses for the league cup campaign. Absolutely none. It was an abject failure.

What were the mitigating factors for the failure in the cup campaigns?

JohnM1875
05-04-2023, 10:41 AM

He could have came into the club the day of the first league cup game and should still be qualifying from that group.

wookie70
05-04-2023, 10:48 AM
I hope we stick with him next season regardless of whether we finish top six. Far too many managerial changes and that some point you have to gamble and let someone stay a while, look at the full picture in terms of who made the decisions, suggestions on signings and injuries etc. I doubt the reason for our dismal performances is just down to teh manager so sacking them will not necessarily fix things long term. I still think LD had teh right idea will her structure.

GreenGray
05-04-2023, 11:09 AM
I don’t mind Johnson just find him a bit frustrating and Saturday past showed exactly why.

Stick with that formation and that midfield at home to Motherwell was just baffling, and hearts dropping points makes it even more annoying.

Apparently Johnson likes a small squad of around 15 to choose from, and you can maybe understand why. Seems like once he’s had players coming back from injury etc and too much to choose from he has over complicated things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
05-04-2023, 11:09 AM
I hope we stick with him next season regardless of whether we finish top six. Far too many managerial changes and that some point you have to gamble and let someone stay a while, look at the full picture in terms of who made the decisions, suggestions on signings and injuries etc. I doubt the reason for our dismal performances is just down to teh manager so sacking them will not necessarily fix things long term. I still think LD had teh right idea will her structure.

A manager getting time is the ideal but there has to be some signs of progress. A manager needs to have some short term accountability. If we make top 6, progress has been made so he should stay.

If we don’t make top 6, we wouldn’t have improved in the league, knocked out of both cups at the first opportunity, poor derby record and not brought through any young players for any meaningful game time. He’d have failed in every aspect of the job. There surely has to be some accountability for the manager?

All hypothetical of course, I hope we make the top 6 and none of this matters, I just don’t agree that managers should always get time.

RossScott1991
05-04-2023, 11:10 AM

Did he say anything about the horrific midfield he picked that gave us very little chance of building up any sort of pressure

Heisenberg
05-04-2023, 11:18 AM
What we have seen this season has been pretty consistent with what we were warned to expect from some Sunderland/Bristol City fans. No idea where we go next if we end up bottom six again. Even 6th would be a failure and nothing to get excited about but I also doubt it sees him sacked.

jeffers
05-04-2023, 11:25 AM
The position he started in? Having to rebuild a team low on confidence and contained players from 2 previously failed managements. Along with that, the signing being project signings rather than experience?

All our football, even when losing, has been significantly better than the football offered under Maloney. Even during that losing streak, we were playing really well in games but we just couldn’t covert. He has also been without Boyle and Nisbet for a large chunk of the season.

Any call to sack him if we miss out on top 6 will be ridiculous. We need to give managers time, not just sack every single year.

Yeah the position he started in. He’d seen us prior to taking over, he had the whole summer window as well as the January window to bring in multiple players, some of them he was full of praise for claiming he’d been aware of them long before they signed. He left the recruitment team to get his number one target McKirdy over the line while he was in hospital, a player we paid a lot of money for, but so far looks totally out of his depth.

Was our football on Saturday for example significantly better than the football under Maloney ? I’m not rewriting history as I didn’t complain when Maloney was sacked but I’d argue the semi performance against Hearts, after a shocking start, was really good and in the end we did not deserve to lose that game. Look at who Maloney had available to him in that game. Johnson has had far more of a chance than Maloney ever did.

Failing to reach the top 6 is a justifiably sackable offence imo. By all means give managers time if they show signs of improvement, I don’t think he has.

I hadn’t even mentioned the league cup shambles which he was told not to treat as a training exercise, but he knew best and look what happened.

Unseen work
05-04-2023, 11:36 AM
Yeah the position he started in. He’d seen us prior to taking over, he had the whole summer window as well as the January window to bring in multiple players, some of them he was full of praise for claiming he’d been aware of them long before they signed. He left the recruitment team to get his number one target McKirdy over the line while he was in hospital, a player we paid a lot of money for, but so far looks totally out of his depth.

Was our football on Saturday for example significantly better than the football under Maloney ? I’m not rewriting history as I didn’t complain when Maloney was sacked but I’d argue the semi performance against Hearts, after a shocking start, was really good and in the end we did not deserve to lose that game. Look at who Maloney had available to him in that game. Johnson has had far more of a chance than Maloney ever did.

Failing to reach the top 6 is a justifiably sackable offence imo. By all means give managers time if they show signs of improvement, I don’t think he has.

I hadn’t even mentioned the league cup shambles which he was told not to treat as a training exercise, but he knew best and look what happened.

I don’t want Johnson sacked.

But on the Maloney thing I’m genuinely a bit embarassed about how we handled that as a club.

To look back now at when he was appointed and who he had available to him it’s no wonder we struggled to score goals. Melkersen, Mueller, Jasper and Scott were our fit attacking options. We signed Harry Clarke as a right back who ended up playing left wing back and was our best player by a mile.

Mitchell looked good when he came in then got injured, we relied on Henderson to be our main creative spark.

Now his style of football was poor and slow granted, but in fairness he said we needed more pace and quality in the final third and a proofed defensive midfielder.

I’m not saying he would have been successful or good, but we never gave him much of a chance.

Now for Johnson, if he had McGeady, Kuhkarevych, Nisbet and Boyle fit for most the season I think we’d be in third/fourth and looking a lot more comfortable.

jeffers
05-04-2023, 11:41 AM
I don’t want Johnson sacked.

But on the Maloney thing I’m genuinely a bit embarassed about how we handled that as a club.

To look back now at when he was appointed and who he had available to him it’s no wonder we struggled to score goals. Melkersen, Mueller, Jasper and Scott were our fit attacking options. We signed Harry Clarke as a right back who ended up playing left wing back and was our best player by a mile.

Mitchell looked good when he came in then got injured, we relied on Henderson to be our main creative spark.

Now his style of football was poor and slow granted, but in fairness he said we needed more pace and quality in the final third and a proofed defensive midfielder.

I’m not saying he would have been successful or good, but we never gave him much of a chance.

Now for Johnson, if he had McGeady, Kuhkarevych, Nisbet and Boyle fit for most the season I think we’d be in third/fourth and looking a lot more comfortable.

Totally agree re Maloney. His biggest failing for me was trying to play in a way he didn’t have the players for. It’s a pity he wasn’t appointed in the summer rather than the time he was brought in.

Undoubtedly not having the players you mention has hindered us, I’m sure other teams though would say similar about their injured players, Hearts being a prime example.

Unseen work
05-04-2023, 11:46 AM
In response...:

The issue I have with what Tam is saying is look at the guys we have on loan

CJ Egan Riley - 20 years old
Myko Kuharevych - 21 years old
Will Fish - 20 years old
Matthew Hoppe - 22 years old

They’re all very good players and outwith what we would normally be able to afford. They’re all older than the youth players like Laidlaw etc so it’s not overly comparable. They’re actually more comparable to McLellend, Hauge, Melkersen, Delferierre etc who most fans don’t seem bothered about and would be happy if they moved on.

The only one out of those 4 I’m still to be convinced on is Hoppe however he has shown flashes and I’m hoping he’s a bit of a Youan in that he’ll play his way in to form.

We’ve heard loads of young players who are meant to be the next best thing in our team and unfortunately they don’t quite hit the heights

Trinity Hibee
05-04-2023, 11:49 AM
He could have came into the club the day of the first league cup game and should still be qualifying from that group.

Absolutely correct. Anyone defending the league cup debacle is having a laugh

JimBHibees
05-04-2023, 11:53 AM

So would I.

Chorley Hibee
05-04-2023, 12:00 PM
The only one out of those 4 I’m still to be convinced on is Hoppe however he has shown flashes and I’m hoping he’s a bit of a Youan in that he’ll play his way in to form.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the above is part of the problem we frequently find ourselves in with these loan signings.

There's 8 games of the season left, we don't have the time for Hoppe to play his way into form, we need him, and everyone else, contributing now.

A failure to secure 5th (Europe), as a bare minimum, should see Johnson sacked.

matty_f
05-04-2023, 12:05 PM

Jack Ross wasn't and we finished third the season after.

Unseen work
05-04-2023, 12:06 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the above is part of the problem we frequently find ourselves in with these loan signings.

There's 8 games of the season left, we don't have the time for Hoppe to play his way into form, we need him, and everyone else, contributing now.

A failure to secure 5th (Europe), as a bare minimum, should see Johnson sacked.

Agreed, although I’d argue you’d have the same, if not a longer period, with the younger players being mentioned. Although you’d have them at the end of the season.

My point is more I’m not convinced by Hoppe, but he’s still several years ahead in his development to the others.

matty_f
05-04-2023, 12:11 PM
Have we shown progress? Our record in the cups is as bad as it could possibly be under LJ and if we end up bottom 6 then we’ll not really have improved on that front either. We currently pick up 1.31ppg compared to 1.26 under Maloney, a difference of two points over the course of a full season. We’ve also carried on with our terrible record in derbies and against the OF and have been beaten by every team in the league at least once this season. I’m not really seeing the progress others are seeing tbh and the stats don’t seem to see it either.

Folk need to start taking the OF out of the equation here. They're miles ahead of us and further ahead than they were the last time we were able to beat them and next season they're going to bed further ahead still.
Rangers have dropped points only to Celtic since their manager took over and only St Mirren have beaten Celtic this season, it was a freak result. Anybody beating them domestically is a freak result.

We can't beat up managers for not beating them.

matty_f
05-04-2023, 12:12 PM
The issue I have with what Tam is saying is look at the guys we have on loan

CJ Egan Riley - 20 years old
Myko Kuharevych - 21 years old
Will Fish - 20 years old
Matthew Hoppe - 22 years old

They’re all very good players and outwith what we would normally be able to afford. They’re all older than the youth players like Laidlaw etc so it’s not overly comparable. They’re actually more comparable to McLellend, Hauge, Melkersen, Delferierre etc who most fans don’t seem bothered about and would be happy if they moved on.

We’ve heard loads of young players who are meant to be the next best thing in our team and unfortunately they don’t quite hit the heights

Good post.

SickBoy32
05-04-2023, 12:13 PM

Bit of a stretch to compare JR and LJ first seasons no?

From memory, JR arrived Sep/Oct and the season was canned in the March, finishing 7th on some arbitrary PPG 😂

Wee bit different to LJs first season, which I’d suggest he has 3 games to save

jeffers
05-04-2023, 12:16 PM

He took over part way through the season, there were signs of improvement and the 7th place was down to not completing the season. If we finish bottom 6 again then Johnson won’t have improved on a manager we gave far less time to before sacking.

matty_f
05-04-2023, 12:24 PM

From memory, JR arrived Sep/Oct and the season was canned in the March, finishing 7th on some arbitrary PPG 😂

Was just using the argument put forward from some folk who were talking down Jack Ross on another thread. Bottom 6 was definitely used against him but if we're cool to use mitigation and write that off, then I'm good with that as well.

Donegal Hibby
05-04-2023, 12:28 PM
A manager getting time is the ideal but there has to be some signs of progress. A manager needs to have some short term accountability. If we make top 6, progress has been made so he should stay.

If we don’t make top 6, we wouldn’t have improved in the league, knocked out of both cups at the first opportunity, poor derby record and not brought through any young players for any meaningful game time. He’d have failed in every aspect of the job. There surely has to be some accountability for the manager?

All hypothetical of course, I hope we make the top 6 and none of this matters, I just don’t agree that managers should always get time.
I'd have the opposite view on a manager getting time in certain circumstances btw , if LJ had came into manage a Hibs team that the previous two manager's had been successful with and we started to deteriorate and slide down the league under his management I'd definitely be less patient in wanting to give him time.

Though that's not the circumstances that he's walked into our club on . Our two previous managers have been basically sacked because we have been in freefall for a couple of years now even towards the end of Neil Lennons time it was starting to go wrong.

Johnson's not yet been a full year in the job and only had two transfer windows one which should have been good though the club admitted the got badly wrong and the other is according to any manager that's ever spoken about it is the hardest transfer window of them all to do any business in .

There's also a few players at Hibs signed by previous manager's that are on lengthy contracts and good wages that I think he would like to move on but his hands are tied on as well. Injuries we have had this year has also been horrendous which haven't helped either. I think the Hibs board will give Johnson time even if we don't make top 6 and it's the right thing to do rather than changing him and starting the whole process off again.

MWHIBBIES
05-04-2023, 12:29 PM
Football is miles better this season than under Maloney. We actually get across the half way line

matty_f
05-04-2023, 12:32 PM
Hopefully we finish top 6 and we don’t get to find out who’s right or wrong.

Assuming you’re right, it will be Interesting to see where the DoF fits into your thinking though.

LJ for DoF? (Nah I don’t think so either 😂)

I'm not sure I follow (and I don't think there's a right or wrong here, just hypothesising!) your DoF point, why wouldn't it make a difference if we're top 6 or not or if LJ is there with a DoF?

The DoF should be supporting the manager and offering a check and challenger on decisions to make sure they fit with the goals of the club. So if LJ wanted to go to Man City to ask for a loan player, the DoF should be asking if that player is better than what we have, whether the loan is right for the club etc and through that process they either sign off on doing it or don't, but if they don't then LJ has been part of that decision and will know why it's not right.

Liberal Hibby
05-04-2023, 12:55 PM
He's still a slaver though.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Folk need to start taking the OF out of the equation here. They're miles ahead of us and further ahead than they were the last time we were able to beat them and next season they're going to bed further ahead still.
Rangers have dropped points only to Celtic since their manager took over and only St Mirren have beaten Celtic this season, it was a freak result. Anybody beating them domestically is a freak result.

We can't beat up managers for not beating them.

I wouldn’t disagree with that but it’s just another example of something we haven’t really managed to improve on.

Our record under LJ is really poor. We’ve not really moved on from Maloneys time here at all imo.

Stubbsy90+2
05-04-2023, 01:05 PM

They’re probably not comparable but both should have done better.

Jack Ross had the majority of games that season and got us from 8th to the lofty heights of 7th.

LJ has come in in better circumstances though. He got a full summer window and has had a full season to get things right. With a PPG tally only marginally better than Maloney’s he’s definitely not done that.

hibeerealist
05-04-2023, 01:46 PM

I think the JR thing has been well covered Matty, we were simply less sh ite than the other teams and nay hertz. JR got flukey, he has done nowt since to prove it was no fluke.

matty_f
05-04-2023, 01:51 PM
I think the JR thing has been well covered Matty, we were simply less sh ite than the other teams and nay hertz. JR got flukey, he has done nowt since to prove it was no fluke.

That's all opinion. Some will agree, some won't. The point of the post wasn't too go back into the merits of Jack Ross, simply stating that he wasn't sacked after a bottom six finish and then went on to our highest finish in sixteen years. He wasn't flukey, he routinely beat teams we were expected to beat that season.

Kato
05-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Football is miles better this season than under Maloney. We actually get across the half way lineAgrerd. No comparison.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

JammyDoidger
05-04-2023, 04:17 PM
Jonny Williams?

See he's recently retired from international football at 29, seems a bit early for that.

Haymaker
06-04-2023, 03:45 PM
See he's recently retired from international football at 29, seems a bit early for that.Played in a Euro and World Cup, not much left to do after that. Some players don't enjoy International football either.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
06-04-2023, 04:56 PM

I don’t think we will miss out on top six but I would really like us to now push on and fight for fourth

Bobby's Cinema
06-04-2023, 05:40 PM
He is barely passable. I don't think he'll get sacked and when he was under pressure before the aberdeen 6-0 I said I'd stick with him. But to have any kind of real optimism he surely needs a statement win between now and the end of the season. We've looked exciting in flashes and other times thrown in a shocker such as Saturday.

Getting tired of the inconsistency, lost far too many games this season and it feels like the days of going to big grounds and big games knowing you can count on the team are over. The lack of squad depth is killing us though and it's not easy to say another guy would come in and do any better.

Scottie
09-04-2023, 12:55 PM
Ted do the decent thing and go tonight. You’ve made us worse as a team since you’ve arrived.

Scorrie
09-04-2023, 12:56 PM
Ted do the decent thing and go tonight. You’ve made us worse as a team since you’ve arrived.

He actually made us a worse team in the second half. Some HT team talk that

Ozyhibby
09-04-2023, 12:57 PM
Get him to **** now. Absolute charlatan.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2023, 12:57 PM
One week left in the job.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 12:58 PM
**** off now

MWHIBBIES
Sacking him is whatever really. Its Kensell and our owners who have consistently failed.

HIBERNIAN-0762
O-u-t!!

JohnM1875
One week left in the job.

Shouldn't get another chance. Needs punted ASAP

Heisenberg
His team cannot find any consistency. Rotten more often than not right enough.

ErinGoBraghHFC
Sacked this afternoon if there’s anyone at that club with something resembling ambition

SteveHFC
09-04-2023, 12:59 PM
Sacked this afternoon if there’s anyone at that club with something resembling ambition

They won’t mate.

Billy McKirdy
Just *** go now Johnson, absolute tool and an utterly clueless manager, that’s me finished this season

Since452
I've backed him from the start but can't defend him starting McKirdy. Had me scratching my head. Two unacceptable performances and results in a row. Next week is massive for him now.

Swedish hibee
I've been silent until now. Rank rotten when other teams are stepping up. He's gotta go.

hfcok
09-04-2023, 01:00 PM
Get talk a lot of keek out of our club NOW, all talk and no action 😡

ErinGoBraghHFC
Sacking him is whatever really. Its Kensell and our owners who have consistently failed.

I’ve made my feelings regarding the owners perfectly clear in the past, but BK is possibly the biggest tit of them all. Strutting about in the hospitality suites telling punters x,y&z about players that we don’t really need to know every week, ****ing weapon.

blackpoolhibs
Get him tae F

CMac1988
Out.

ErinGoBraghHFC
They won’t mate.

Oh I know, that’s glaringly obvious

JohnM1875
I've backed him from the start but can't defend him starting McKirdy. Had me scratching my head. Two unacceptable performances and results in a row. Next week is massive for him now.

McKirdy was fine today. Especially considering the lack of game time. It's starting Cadden that worries me. ****ing useless yet again.

madhatter
09-04-2023, 01:01 PM
I've wanted to give him a shot but I still can't work out our style of play. Can't workout why we've signed the players we have.

He has to go. Hearts and Neilson need a pick me up and we'll duly deliver.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 01:02 PM

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve read on here today. McKirdy was our best player ffs

JohnM1875
I've wanted to give him a shot but I still can't work out our style of play. Can't workout why we've signed the players we have.

31 games into a season and the guy still doesn't have a clue of his best team or formation. He's ****ing useless.

HibbyAndy

That is an absolute given

Carheenlea
He didn’t deserve to lose that today.

Wasn’t brilliant by any stretch of course but it was one way traffic for the most part and after deservedly getting back on level terms it was a combination of a stroke of bad luck with Nisbet’s free kick and a phantom penalty that cost us.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 01:03 PM

Wasn’t brilliant by any stretch of course but it was one way traffic for the most part and after deservedly getting back on level terms it was a combination of a stroke of bad luck with Nisbet’s free kick and a phantom penalty that cost us.

One way traffic. We had a lot of possesio aye but that's about it. We were horrific first half and didn't have a shot at all second half until we scored. Abysmal.

SickBoy32
Next week is win or bust for LJ (and surely BK too?!)

tonyrougier123
Zero chance Johnson gets punted this season. I suggest folk just batten down the hatches back the team ad best you can. Gonny be a long hard slog.
All this talk of transfer activity already underway for next season and such suggests he’s being backed again.
Today was very frustrating to watch,repeat theme sadly.
His team have no brand or imagination or flair,barely do the basics well.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Scott Brown waiting on the phone call 😏

Pretty Boy
09-04-2023, 01:04 PM
Times up.

Have we improved on last season? The cup performances are a no. The league is in the balance and the evidence of the eyes is maybe if you measure it against just about the lowest bar possible.

Aberdeen and Motherwell were ruthless and have reaped the rewards. Sticking with the wrong man just because you want so called stability is worse than cutting your losses and saying you got it wrong. Again.

Diclonius
09-04-2023, 01:05 PM
Proving just how underwhelming an appointment we all feared he would be, sadly.

jeffers
09-04-2023, 01:05 PM
He just needs a few more windows. Clear signs of improvement under Lee. Football is much better than it was under Maloney. Talk of sacking him is madness. In fact let’s extend his contract.

eastmainsmsh
09-04-2023, 01:06 PM
Had a chance to get back on track with yams slipping but failed its disappointing no response from last week

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 01:07 PM
If Johnson goes that **** Kensell should be following him back down the road.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 01:07 PM
He just needs a few more windows. Clear signs of improvement under Lee. Football is much better than it was under Maloney. Talk of sacking him is madness. In fact let’s extend his contract.

:faf::top marks

Hibs90
09-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Johnson needs to go. Kensell also needs to go.

Sadly I fear we are stuck with both for the foreseeable future

madhatter
09-04-2023, 01:08 PM
Zero chance Johnson gets punted this season. I suggest folk just batten down the hatches back the team ad best you can. Gonny be a long hard slog.
All this talk of transfer activity already underway for next season and such suggests he’s being backed again.
Today was very frustrating to watch,repeat theme sadly.
His team have no brand or imagination or flair,barely do the basics well.

I agreed with all of this, sadly, apart from barely do the basics well.

They don't do the basics well at all. Fish for the penalty has no idea where Fletcher is. CJ for the first goal has no idea where Fletcher is. That's just 2 examples, the list is endless.

Club need a proper clear out and re-think. I keep saying this but a club or manager needs to have a clear philosophy on football. An identity. We are soulless.

Another season like this under LJ will decimate our season ticket numbers.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Times up.

Have we improved on last season? The cup performances are a no. The league is in the balance and the evidence of the eyes is maybe if you measure it against just about the lowest bar possible.

Aberdeen and Motherwell were ruthless and have reaped the rewards. Sticking with the wrong man just because you want so called stability is worse than cutting your losses and saying you got it wrong. Again.

“Again.”

Exactly. Again. This club is in shambles.

Kato
Scott Brown waiting on the phone call [emoji57]I would.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Postiga
League cup group stages
Scottish cup 5th round
Potentially not even making the top 6.

Pretty sure that means he has failed every target set. Off you pop. Rightly or wrongly, In modern football you earn the right to be given the next transfer window. Not for me.

auldhibby
09-04-2023, 01:10 PM

What is he a windae cleaner . That was abysmal we are wallowing in mediocrity and my love for this club is dwindling

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2023, 01:10 PM
1.28ppg to Maloneys 1.26ppg. A grand total of not even a point of a difference over the course of a season and he’s been better backed than Maloney was.

He’s ****ing garbage.

AL-Qaholik
09-04-2023, 01:11 PM
Should’ve been out after the League Cup nonsense.
Doubly after the 2 derby pumpings.
He’s going nowhere now - there’s nobody to fire him.

ScottB
09-04-2023, 01:11 PM
Given the uptick in Aberdeen’s form, can only wonder how we’d be doing if Johnson had gone during the World Cup break…

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2023, 01:12 PM

The quality of football was dreadful today. Loads of possession but no creativity and resorting to hopeful punts forward. Dundee Unt created more clear cut chances from less possession.

ErinGoBraghHFC
Scott Brown waiting on the phone call [emoji57]

Yep

hfcok

Really, they should have been 3 up before we scored😳

Stokesy's on fire
09-04-2023, 01:13 PM
Lee Johnson must go its pretty simple

silverhibee
09-04-2023, 01:13 PM

Once he gets past the 300 game mark things will start to gel and we will go on to good things,it’s what all the big managers aspire to.

Scottie
09-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Scott Brown waiting on the phone call 😏
Listen I’d be phoning him asking if he wants to get his boots back on for us and show this chicken s**t midfield how to play.

B.H.F.C
09-04-2023, 01:14 PM
We are not in any better a state than we were this time last year.

Another summer of change awaits. The only thing that will remain constant, and still be pish, will be the middle of the park.

Johnson failed miserably to sort the mess.

SteveHFC
09-04-2023, 01:15 PM
Once he gets past the 300 game mark things will start to gel and we will go on to good things,it’s what all the big managers aspire to.

We will have one of the best teams in the league for years under Lee. It’s time we give him a new contract.

Hibees1973
09-04-2023, 01:15 PM
Really sad state of affairs now.

Club at a real crossroads regarding ownership and management.

There are bigger problems at the club than Johnson but he has to be sacked now. Some of his team selections are totally incoherent.

jeffers
09-04-2023, 01:16 PM

Exactly. We just need to show a wee bit more patience. None of it is his fault. He’s such a nice guy too.

WhileTheChief..
09-04-2023, 01:18 PM

For a moment I thought you were one of the handful of posters on here that wants to keep him! :na na:

Tyler Durden
09-04-2023, 01:19 PM
At least we have our new Director of Football in place to support the key decisions……

Total shambles again.

Since452
09-04-2023, 01:21 PM
We've regressed to pre 2016 levels of apathy under the Gordons. All feels a bit flat.

Nicho87
Times up

SaulGoodman
“Lee, where did it go wrong today”

“..erm”

Sums it up.

sleeping giant
09-04-2023, 01:22 PM
Usual pish from Lee

sleeping giant
09-04-2023, 01:23 PM
He should just stop talking

500miles
Sack him now. I can't be bothered waiting for him to stumble upon another system that works, and then abandoning it as soon as we get beat off the OF.

I don't even know how good or bad this team is, they get no consistency and don't seem to get much instruction either.

blackpoolhibs
For all his excuses, Lee does have tremendous hair for a man his age.

BILLYHIBS
:taxi

jeffers
09-04-2023, 01:24 PM
For a moment I thought you were one of the handful of posters on here that wants to keep him! :na na:

Most definitely not !!!

sleeping giant
09-04-2023, 01:24 PM
Just contradicts himself constantly

silverhibee
09-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Exactly. We just need to show a wee bit more patience. None of it is his fault. He’s such a nice guy too.

Cup finals now getting trotted out from him for games ahead, he also thought we done well today.

jeffers
09-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Cup finals now getting trotted out from him for games ahead, he also thought we done well today.

I stopped listening to his interviews a while ago. He talks a load of utter pish. Surely no one can be defending him now. He needs to go.

Baader
09-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Another rebuild required. Can't keep making the same mistakes over and over. Clubs needs proper direction, a clear vision and strategy. LJ is done, need Kensell gone too and guys who know how to run a club and recruit players of the calibre needed to come in. It's a complete mess.

Hibees1973
09-04-2023, 01:29 PM
We need.

1. A new owner with an affinity to Hibs and wants to own us.
2. A new Chief Exec as Kensall is a serial failure
3. A new Team Manager as Johnson has failed
4. A new recruitment team
5. At least 8 new first team players
6. To bin a whole load of dross

What a mess.

PPZPOL
09-04-2023, 01:30 PM

The last time he said that after the Celtic home defeat were about the two derbies that were coming up. Said something about being competitive in them (0-6 ��) some effort that was. Thinks people are idiots imo.

Picks the wrong team every week and as far as I can see the formation as well. There doesn’t appear to be a plan and if there is it’s out the window by half time when we are looking hopeless.

madhatter
09-04-2023, 01:30 PM
Hearts will probably sack Neilson if they don't finish 3rd. We debate whether we can sack another manager due to sacking cycle while likely finishing in bottom six. Gulf between the clubs is becoming massive. We're being conditioned to expect less. Hibs fans are going through the motions, never mind the players...

Diclonius
09-04-2023, 01:31 PM
Same vibes as Calderwood and Heckingbottom.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:31 PM
For all his excuses, Lee does have tremendous hair for a man his age.

That’s very true, in fairness. I’m 24 and have worse hair than him.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 01:32 PM
We need a goalkeeper, 2 full backs, 2 centre halves and a whole new midfield. Nisbet will be gone so another forward.

Also Fish and Riley will go back to their clubs, Miko too probably, who knows about Youan?

Thats a huge rebuild, would anyone trust streaky to do that?

J-C
09-04-2023, 01:32 PM
Wanted him gone after the derby cup defeat, still want him gone, talks pi sh and has this team playing that way too.

BoyledEgg
09-04-2023, 01:33 PM
To take one point off the team that's sitting bottom of the league this season is diabolical.

Scotty Leither
09-04-2023, 01:33 PM
Hearts will probably sack Neilson if they don't finish 3rd. We debate whether we can sack another manager due to sacking cycle while likely finishing in bottom six. Gulf between the clubs is becoming massive. We're being conditioned to expect less. Hibs fans are going through the motions, never mind the players...

We’ll announce another exciting link with an EPL club soon.

The Baldmans Comb
09-04-2023, 01:34 PM
Nothings changed from the minute he walked through the door and looked down on Scottish football with his ridiculously arrogant approach to the league cup followed by a season of his 'wide boy' interviews full of patronising drivel oblivious to the fact that Scottish football fans can smell the brown stuff a mile off.

Take your pick from many but "Melkerson is a £1m striker "as he tried to justify the loan still stands out.

Ross and Maloney were sacked for far less than this as every cup target has been missed this season and scraping into top 6 if by some miracle achieved really a reason for retaining someone who so obviously has lost the dressing room.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 01:34 PM

Same.

My hairline receded faster than Cadden when a winger is running at him.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 01:35 PM
To take one point off the team that's sitting bottom of the league this season is diabolical.

One point so far. We'll probably have to play them again in the bottom six. Buzzing.

PPZPOL
09-04-2023, 01:36 PM

We were lucky to get that one as well, chasing shadows the first half then they completely shat the bed and sat back and let us come onto them. Should have just kept attacking us as we can’t defend (as a team)

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:37 PM
We’ll announce another exciting link with an EPL club soon.

Yassssssssss ****in love being a feeder club for Brentford or some other *****

Not In The Know
09-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Guy’s a clown.

id take Kettlewell.

SteveHFC
09-04-2023, 01:38 PM

He does have good fashion sense.

Shanksaidno
09-04-2023, 01:46 PM

Johnston gtf

southern hibby
09-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Wanted him gone after the derby defeat. Wrote an email to Hibs saying this and I also said that Ben could do one too.

Fair play to Ben he phoned me and was actually willing to discuss my points. However……….

Nothing and I mean nothing has happened on the field to make me change my mind.

GGTTH

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:48 PM

Nah, dresses like a middle aged dad on a day out at Murrayfield.

madhatter
09-04-2023, 01:48 PM
Wanted him gone after the derby defeat. Wrote an email to Hibs saying this and I also said that Ben could do one too.

Fair play to Ben he phoned me and was actually willing to discuss my points. However……….

GGTTH

What did Ben say?

ehf
09-04-2023, 01:55 PM
'Edinburgh Derby is a cup final' - Johnson

FT: Dundee United 2-1 Hibernian

More from Lee Johnson, as the Hibs boss doesn't shy away when talking about the importance of next week’s Edinburgh Derby.

“We’ve got to look at it as a bit of a cup final,” he says.

Cliché after slavering cliché.

ErinGoBraghHFC
09-04-2023, 01:55 PM

More from Lee Johnson, as the Hibs boss doesn't shy away when talking about the importance of next week’s Edinburgh Derby.

They’re all ****ing cup finals, whether your jobs on the line or not. That’s half the problem.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 01:56 PM

Hibs of course famous for doing really well in cup finals.

09-04-2023, 01:56 PM

I wouldn’t trust him to be able to pick his nose.
He certainly can’t pick a team, set them up in a shape, with the right tactics to win a game.
Not even against a bottom of the table team with no wins in their last 10 games.
They had one tactic which was to get the ball out wide to their left winger and allow him to cross it into the middle. How often did Cadden block the cross? Not once. What did LJ do about it? F..k all.
Get him out and about half the squad. Neither are anywhere near good enough for Hibs

hfc-1875
09-04-2023, 01:57 PM

GGTTH

U wrote an email to hibs saying u wanted Johnson sacked? 😂😂😂😂 we’re u expecting them to reply and say u know what ur right we’re going to sack him since u sent that email

southern hibby
What did Ben say?

A lot actually.

ErinGoBraghHFC
U wrote an email to hibs saying u wanted Johnson sacked? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] we’re u expecting them to reply and say u know what ur right we’re going to sack him since u sent that email

Laughing at that implies you think the board have any sort of coherent plan [emoji23][emoji23]

Is It On....
09-04-2023, 01:59 PM
League cup group stages
Scottish cup 5th round
Potentially not even making the top 6.

Pretty sure that means he has failed every target set. Off you pop. Rightly or wrongly, In modern football you earn the right to be given the next transfer window. Not for me.

We are technically still not safe having lost to bottom 6 sides in consecutive weeks. We desperately need a result next week.

southern hibby
09-04-2023, 01:59 PM
U wrote an email to hibs saying u wanted Johnson sacked? 😂😂😂😂 we’re u expecting them to reply and say u know what ur right we’re going to sack him since u sent that email

Yes I did. And since the derby nothing much has changed on the field as I said to change my mind.

GGTTH

bingo70
09-04-2023, 02:00 PM

Given what happened in our last cup final against them probably not the best cliche to use.

We’ll lose next weekend and then it’ll be more of the same pish.

Entirely possible we could lose this be next two games but still stumble into the top 6. I was previously using the top 6 as a judging point for whether progress is being made or not but I’ve changed my mind about that. Even if we do make top 6 we’ve ****ed our chances of getting a decent European place.

He needs to go, unfortunately he won’t as we’re now in drift mode.

Trinity Hibee
09-04-2023, 02:02 PM
Given what happened in our last cup final against them probably not the best cliche to use.

We’ll lose next weekend and then it’ll be more of the same pish.

Entirely possible we could lose this be next two games but still stumble into the top 6. I was previously using the top 6 as a judging point for whether progress is being made or not but I’ve changed my mind about that. Even if we do make top 6 we’ve ****ed our chances of getting a decent European place.

He needs to go, unfortunately he won’t as we’re now in drift mode.

To think it could be two seasons in a row that hearts have virtually put us in the bottom 6 is sickening. This club needs a big wake up call in the summer or it’s only going to get worse. Need to get rid of so much deadwood which has been part of the last few years

SlickShoes
09-04-2023, 02:03 PM
His track record against Hearts is abysmal, so laying it all on that game is going to go exactly as we all expect.

Performances are just so poor, we should be capable of much more with the resources we have. I will happily see him go, I was on the fence after the last 2 derby's and he turned it around, but now we are back in that same position and it's just crap.

I don't think we have any divine right to finish in the top 4 but we should be able to comfortably sit in the top half of the league with the resources we have.

Alfred E Newman
09-04-2023, 02:04 PM
We need a goalkeeper, 2 full backs, 2 centre halves and a whole new midfield. Nisbet will be gone so another forward.

Also Fish and Riley will go back to their clubs, Miko too probably, who knows about Youan?

Thats a huge rebuild, would anyone trust streaky to do that?

One of the arguments for sticking with Johnson is that any replacement would have to rebuild the team, resulting in yet another transitional period. But can we trust him to do the same given this season's shambles?

greenpaper55
09-04-2023, 02:04 PM
L J is a tactical imbecile,

bingo70
09-04-2023, 02:06 PM
One of the arguments for sticking with Johnson is that any replacement would have to rebuild the team, resulting in yet another transitional period. But can we trust him to do the same given this season's shambles?

Because of the amount of loan signings we have it will be a build either with or without him.

He can’t even say he’s laid the foundations this year as we need to start again in the summer regardless.

jeffers
09-04-2023, 02:06 PM
Anyone still defending him ?

Steve20
09-04-2023, 02:08 PM
He should have been gone a while ago.

He’s just a very very poor manager.

I know we won’t get rid until the summer, but an actual properly run football club would have him gone tomorrow.

ehf
09-04-2023, 02:10 PM
L J is a tactical imbecile,

That's offensive to imbeciles.

SickBoy32
09-04-2023, 02:11 PM
A lot actually.

A lot of total *****, as per

hfc-1875
09-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Yes I did. And since the derby nothing much has changed on the field as I said to change my mind.

GGTTH

I actually agree with u mate, just thought it was funny u actually emailed the club to get him the sack 😂👍🏻

B.H.F.C
09-04-2023, 02:12 PM

I know we won’t get rid until the summer, but an actual properly run football club would have him gone tomorrow.

I don’t think we’ll even get rid of him in the summer. Irrespective of how the season finishes, I think he’ll still be here start of next.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 02:12 PM

I know the Gordon family have been through a lot recently so I don’t want to be too critical but this is my worry now. We don’t have an owner that really knows what they’re doing and will be relying on the manager for advice on footballing matters. He can obviously talk the talk in terms of presenting himself as some sort of expert and I worry just how much direction and ambition there is from the top to challenge his pish.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 02:15 PM
I know the Gordon family have been through a lot recently so I don’t want to be too critical but this is my worry now. We don’t have an owner that really knows what they’re doing and will be relying on the manager for advice on footballing matters. He can obviously talk the talk in terms of presenting himself as some sort of expert and I worry just how much direction and ambition there is from the top to challenge his pish.

Surely it should be down to the CEO in situations like this though? We shouldn't be relying on Kit or Ian to step in. Kensell should be doing his job. Though I really wish they'd get rid of that **** as well.

Stuart93
09-04-2023, 02:18 PM
He gets next week to save his job. Lose it and he’s out of here. Fans won’t accept it

Wheat Hound
09-04-2023, 02:20 PM
We lose next week and Johnson afterwards will talk up how we have a cup final at McDiarmid. A cup final to scrape into 6th place and then 4 or 5 defeats to end the season. Great.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 02:21 PM
Surely it should be down to the CEO in situations like this though? We shouldn't be relying on Kit or Ian to step in. Kensell should be doing his job. Though I really wish they'd get rid of that **** as well.

In theory yes, in reality, if we’ve got a driven and ambitious owner that knows what they’re doing then they’ll be the big decision makers. When we sacked JR or Maloney I don’t remember hearing about a trigger happy CEO, it was about the owner.

Stevie Watson
09-04-2023, 02:24 PM
His time has to be up
I wouldn’t even given him until the Derby
Bit if those charlatans in charge of our club do, his feet shouldn’t even touch the ground after we inevitably roll over and die against them

Scotty Leither
09-04-2023, 02:24 PM

We’ve brought the old guard back into the Boardroom; so there’ll be nothing earth shattering coming from that direction, that’s for sure.

I feel sorry for the Gordons on a personal level, but as someone said on another thread the club needs a new direction and I think that means new owners, that’s where all energies over the summer needs channelled.

Colr
09-04-2023, 02:25 PM
We need.

1. A new owner with an affinity to Hibs and wants to own us.
2. A new Chief Exec as Kensall is a serial failure
3. A new Team Manager as Johnson has failed
4. A new recruitment team
5. At least 8 new first team players
6. To bin a whole load of dross

What a mess.

So start from the very beginning, then?

Brightside
09-04-2023, 02:34 PM

It’s a very good place to start.

Ringothedog
09-04-2023, 02:34 PM

Every time we go through a bad sequence of results it’s the same people saying the same things. If it was that easy to get rid of the owners/ceo/manager/ players then we would do it. There is no queue of people wanting to buy us, there is no magic money tree that will help us get rid of the dross we have and buy better players. I really wish there was but the tooth fairy does not exist

silverhibee
09-04-2023, 02:38 PM
I don’t think we’ll even get rid of him in the summer. Irrespective of how the season finishes, I think he’ll still be here start of next.

He certainly gives that impression when doing interviews, always looking in to the future and telling us judge him after 300 games then I might get the hang of it, or talking about link ups with other businesses, it’s like he is running the club and he is untouchable.

Not getting us into top 4 is sackable, and he just really hasn’t improved the team in the slightest since he became manager.

Hibby70
09-04-2023, 02:41 PM
Guy’s a clown.

id take Kettlewell.

I'd take the boy from the Singing Kettle

silverhibee
09-04-2023, 02:42 PM

Just mentioned that, right now he will feel untouchable at the club with no one really at the helm to step up and sack him, for once he is playing a blinder here.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 02:42 PM

😂👏🏻

Same

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 02:45 PM
We cannot go on just sacking managers we are already 1.5mill in the hole paying off the last lot of rubbish, we cannot afford to bin another lot.
We are stuck with this piss poor manager so we will just have to lump it, called consequence for actions taken previously.

Ringothedog
09-04-2023, 02:51 PM
We cannot go on just sacking managers we are already 1.5mill in the hole paying off the last lot of rubbish, we cannot afford to bin another lot.
We are stuck with this piss poor manager so we will just have to lump it, called consequence for actions taken previously.

Sometimes you can’t afford to not sack the manager

madhatter
09-04-2023, 02:52 PM

How many managers have Aberdeen had recently? Media hate us so always stir up this narrative about Hibs and constant sackings. Don't hear the same when Aberdeen sack managers rapidly. Also didn't hear as much when they sacked McInnes. It was as if Hibs sacked The Chosen One when we got rid of Ross. Again, when Dundee United sacked Ross there was little said.

Clear the squad and take the hit, and get a new manager and DoF. Good manager gets our talented youth into the 1st team.

h1bs4life
09-04-2023, 02:59 PM

:faf::faf:

Bring Cilla in as Artie’s assistant, they could do a better job than these 2 clowns Johnson and his assistant.
Embarrassing yet again against bottom of the league and more inane drivel from the manager after the game

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 03:02 PM
How many managers have Aberdeen had recently? Media hate us so always stir up this narrative about Hibs and constant sackings. Don't hear the same when Aberdeen sack managers rapidly. Also didn't hear as much when they sacked McInnes. It was as if Hibs sacked The Chosen One when we got rid of Ross. Again, when Dundee United sacked Ross there was little said.

Clear the squad and take the hit, and get a new manager and DoF. Good manager gets our talented youth into the 1st team.

Right I've changed ma mind, if we can afford it, get rid and in my humble bring in Neil Lennon.

Ringothedog
09-04-2023, 03:08 PM

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 03:10 PM

Exactly!

He's no better than Ross, Hecky or Maloney. He's done absolutely nothing to merit more time than any previous manager.

SickBoy32
09-04-2023, 03:13 PM
Exactly!

He's no better than Ross, Hecky or Maloney. He's done absolutely nothing to merit more time than any previous manager.

LJ's record is worse than Maloney's - who got us to Hampden at least

He is in no way comparable to JR, be that in terms of win % or cup progression - what a mistake that was getting rid

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 03:13 PM

See my changed mind above, starting to now wonder if LJ is a plant, put into our club to bring us down, as I dont see us moving anyways but down the way. is he just part of a larger jambo plot to screw us over?.
:cb

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 03:17 PM
It’s a very good place to start.

Agreed, get the likes of Hanlon etc to **** as well. Not good enough

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 03:19 PM
Agreed, get the likes of Hanlon etc to **** as well. Not good enough

A new broom type of thing.

The Wireless
09-04-2023, 03:25 PM
Exactly!

Sadly for Hibs he is not even close to those 3.

Ringothedog
09-04-2023, 03:27 PM
See my changed mind above, starting to now wonder if LJ is a plant, put into our club to bring us down, as I dont see us moving anyways but down the way. is he just part of a larger jambo plot to screw us over?.
:cb

The plants in my living room could pick a better Hibs team than that muppet

Nutmegged
09-04-2023, 03:29 PM
Right I've changed ma mind, if we can afford it, get rid and in my humble bring in Neil Lennon.

I heard Lennon was interested in the Aberdeen job but forbtax reasons couldn't take anything until the new tax year (which is now), doubt Aberdeen would take him now over Robson so there's a chance for him to come back.

Hibees1973
09-04-2023, 03:30 PM
Sadly for Hibs he is not even close to those 3.

For every idiot that Kensall appoints Ross looks better & better.

thebausburst
09-04-2023, 03:34 PM
LJ is hopeless, has never won a ‘big game’ (Hearts, old firm, cup game), signings are generally either poor or no better than what is already at the club, no sign of the promised high tempo high press football it’s basically no better than watching Baloneys team.

j'adorehibs
09-04-2023, 03:37 PM
if he cant beat hearts on Saturday then for me times up.

Hibstrooper
09-04-2023, 03:54 PM
Needs to fix this streaky reputation which he is massively living up to but I’d still give him in to next season. Changing managers just puts us back to square one.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 03:56 PM
Needs to fix this streaky reputation which he is massively living up to but I’d still give him in to next season. Changing managers just puts us back to square one.

What is keeping him giving you? He's proven time and again he doesn't have what it takes. It's just keeping him for the sake of it now.

Last week and today ha surely shown he's a terrible manager.

madhatter
09-04-2023, 03:57 PM
Board members responsible for selecting managers need seriously assessed. Terrible managerial recruitment record for a long time now. Probably a 70-80% failure rate.

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2023, 04:08 PM

Changing managers has put Aberdeen up to square third place.

If your manager is showing nothing to suggest they’re any good then they should go. He’s failing in every possible measure.

Silky
09-04-2023, 04:15 PM
Board members responsible for selecting managers need seriously assessed. Terrible managerial recruitment record for a long time now. Probably a 70-80% failure rate.

That's not a new thing though. It's probably been that way since I started going way back in the 80's! Its not going to change now, either. We've been through so many managers I do wonder if it is, actually, them who are the problem!

Saint Hibee
09-04-2023, 04:15 PM
For every idiot that Kensall appoints Ross looks better & better.

Let’s not rewrite history, Ross was mince too.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 04:17 PM

3rd, 4 semis, 2 finals

Hibs.net ''mince''

Honestly....

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 04:18 PM
3rd, 4 semis, 2 finals

Hibs.net ''mince''

Honestly....

So third. Unless you win a cup it means nothing.

Totally agree he wasn't backed in the slightest after finishing third though.

supermcginn
09-04-2023, 04:18 PM

Exactly, lost to the worst hearts team ever at Hampden and they had barely even played for 6 months FFS! Not to mention the cup final that we didn't even look like we cared.

Just_Jimmy
09-04-2023, 04:19 PM
Pathetic league Cup performance

Pathetic scottish cup performance

Pathetic Derby performances... twice

Pathetic all round

Should have sacked him after the last Derby but undoubtedly, get him to ****.

Then Ben can **** off as well.

The club's a mess.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

madhatter
09-04-2023, 04:19 PM
3rd, 4 semis, 2 finals

Hibs.net ''mince''

Honestly....

Couldn't beat St Jonstone when it mattered, twice.

SaulGoodman
09-04-2023, 04:20 PM

Jack Ross was like Alex Ferguson compared to the two diddys we’ve had since.

Leith Green
09-04-2023, 04:21 PM
Im now in the camp of wanting the manager gone. He has more than had his chance . His team , his setup have failed to take even a single point from 2 games against bottom six teams that could have put us in a fight for 3rd place. Guaranteed we don’t even finish top six now. Im genuinely at the point im past caring about the derby next week as it should have had much more riding on it.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 04:22 PM
Exactly, lost to the worst hearts team ever at Hampden and they had barely even played for 6 months FFS! Not to mention the cup final that we didn't even look like we cared.

We dont even get out of the league cup group stages now, i'd kill for some games at Hampden, although the way things have gone since Ross was sacked, it could be games against Queens Park.

JJP
09-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Jack Ross and Neil Lennon were not mince. Go back and look at our points totals for each season. No further evidence required.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Couldn't beat St Jonstone when it mattered, twice.

I know, imagine losing finals and semi's, under this clown we dont get anywhere near Hampden, so at least as fans we've saved money there.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 04:57 PM
Changing managers has put Aberdeen up to square third place.

If your manager is showing nothing to suggest they’re any good then they should go. He’s failing in every possible measure.

If we were to sack LJ tonight and replace him with SDG until the end of the season, does anybody think we’d be any worse for it? We lose every week under Johnson anyway.

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 04:59 PM
If we were to sack LJ tonight and replace him with SDG until the end of the season, does anybody think we’d be any worse for it? We lose every week under Johnson anyway.

If Lee were to go, his coaching staff should too, including gray. Would be the 3rd manager binned in his time. No room for sentiment I keep hearing.

madhatter
09-04-2023, 05:00 PM
I know, imagine losing finals and semi's, under this clown we dont get anywhere near Hampden, so at least as fans we've saved money there.

I don't want LJ to stay so I don't really understand this.

I think Jack Ross must wear magical cardigans or something. He's the benchmark now it seems. Strange how Stubbs isn't as he actually achieved silverware. Must be the cardigans...

Donegal Hibby
09-04-2023, 05:00 PM
What would there to be gained by it though?

Heisenberg
09-04-2023, 05:02 PM

We don’t have to listen to Lee Johnson slaver ***** and blame everyone else after our weekly defeat.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 05:04 PM

We might get better.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 05:04 PM
If Lee were to go, his coaching staff should too, including gray. Would be the 3rd manager binned in his time. No room for sentiment I keep hearing.

Long term I probably agree but short term we would still need a caretaker manager.

Silky
09-04-2023, 05:07 PM

Gray is on the coaching staff, so part of the problem. For me, if LJ goes they all go.

gbhibby
09-04-2023, 05:09 PM
There has been no change in the style of play since the debacle in the league cup, players not working hard enough to find spaces,players first touches shocking. We need to do something now so that a new manager has the summer transfer window. We need some major surgery now.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 05:09 PM
Gray is on the coaching staff, so part of the problem. For me, if LJ goes they all go.

We would need a caretaker manager though. I said Gray as I thought he would be the obvious choice but whoever it is, they realistically can’t do any worse when we lose any week anyway

Billy Whizz
09-04-2023, 05:11 PM
Haven’t heard his Sky interview, but on the bbc one he said we were technically better today. Also called out 2 young loan players for being “Green”. That will go down well with their parent clubs. Well you picked 2 kids today at centre back today
Also had a go at Youan in the same interview

Has our new Chairman not got history for sacking managers previously?

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Long term I probably agree but short term we would still need a caretaker manager.

Steve Keane.

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2023, 05:16 PM

What would we gain by getting rid of LJ? :confused:

Potential improvement for starters as were horrendous now. Lee Johnson’s record is now identical to Maloney pretty much, over a much longer period and is even worse than people like Pat Fenlon.

He’s been a horrible appointment and has failed in terms of every single target he will have been set.

Silky
09-04-2023, 05:18 PM
We would need a caretaker manager though. I said Gray as I thought he would be the obvious choice but whoever it is, they realistically can’t do any worse when we lose any week anyway

We'd be as well having Steve Kean overseeing things. He's a bit detached from the first team and might bring in some of the kids to at least pique a wee bit of interest.

jeffers
09-04-2023, 05:27 PM

No I don’t think we would be any worse. I think Gray is a decent coach.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 05:27 PM
Steve Kean is a decent shout as caretaker, forgot about him.

Point still stands though, if he came in the to replace LJ he couldn’t do any worse as we lose all the time just now anyway.

BegbieHSC
09-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Let’s have a derby next week with two caretaker managers on the touch line. Get Johnson to ****. We should be threatening 3rd place, and qualifying for Europe. We’re going to finish bottom six with him.

Get him gone, and give us a chance. Given Lee’s streakiness, we’ve got another 2/3 defeats on the bounce before getting a point, and on that basis, it’ll be against a Killie, or Ross County.

Dunbar Hibee
09-04-2023, 05:39 PM
Haven’t heard his Sky interview, but on the bbc one he said we were technically better today. Also called out 2 young loan players for being “Green”. That will go down well with their parent clubs. Well you picked 2 kids today at centre back today
Also had a go at Youan in the same interview

Has our new Chairman not got history for sacking managers previously?

Eh? Being green? Am I missing something?

Stubbsy90+2
09-04-2023, 05:40 PM
Eh? Being green? Am I missing something?

Being green, as in being naive.

Gmack7
09-04-2023, 05:42 PM
He's a clown, get rid

ionahibby
09-04-2023, 05:43 PM
Lennon in until end of season, he would give them the boot up the arse they need!

MWHIBBIES
09-04-2023, 05:45 PM
Lennon in until end of season, he would give them the boot up the arse they need!

Yes. A boot up the arse is often a great substitute for quality footballers, and tactical setup. Games regularly decided on which manager has indeed kicked their players and shouted the hardest.

ionahibby
09-04-2023, 05:47 PM
Yes. A boot up the arse is often a great substitute for quality footballers, and tactical setup. Games regularly decided on which manager has indeed kicked their players and shouted the hardest.

That’s the point though the players we have are decent players yet don’t seem to have a clue when it comes to 90 mins. For all lennon’s faults he at least gave players belief.

Helensburghhibs
09-04-2023, 05:48 PM

Aw here we go. Kick up the arse worked so well the last time. We were brutal when he left

Donegal Hibby
09-04-2023, 05:55 PM
We might get better.
We might get worse too though. I see it going two ways (1) we get rid of LJ and his backroom staff at more expense to the club and put gray incharge or appoint another manager fairly quickly which means the process starts all over again , either way a new manager will need time to assess the squad.

(2) the board stick with LJ and give him the summer to sign some quality and clear out players that haven't been good enough. I genuinely think LJ knows who he wants to shift out of the club and 2 of these are Henderson and JDH which is why we accepted bids for them .

(2) is what I'm hoping will happen even though I'm as fed up and p***ed off as the rest of you this evening. Improving recruitment and players moving on are more top of my wish list than a change of manager's to be honest. I don't think Gray would improve this group or some of the crazy names folk on here want like kettlewell and Scott brown.

bingo70
09-04-2023, 06:00 PM
We might get worse too though. I see it going two ways (1) we get rid of LJ and his backroom staff at more expense to the club and put gray incharge or appoint another manager fairly quickly which means the process starts all over again , either way a new manager will need time to assess the squad.

(2) the board stick with LJ and give him the summer to sign some quality and clear out players that haven't been good enough. I genuinely think LJ knows who he wants to shift out of the club and 2 of these are Henderson and JDH which is why we accepted bids for them .

(2) is what I'm hoping will happen even though I'm as fed up and p***ed off as the rest of you this evening. Improving recruitment and players moving on are more top of my wish list than a change of manager's to be honest. I don't think Gray would improve this group or some of the crazy names folk on here want like kettlewell and Scott brown.

(1) we can’t get any worse than losing every week. There’s been the odd blip, usually against 10 men but for the most part we’ve been dreadful this season. Failed managers always trot out the line about managers needing time but look at Motherwell and Aberdeen this season, it wasn’t working so they made positive changes and are reaping the benefits of doing so.

(2) he’s had two transfer windows already and it’s been one shambles after another. He takes the credit for signings when he thinks they’ll be good but blames everyone else when it doesn’t work. Same will happen after the summer if he’s still here. He’s all about self preservation.

I’m not talking about Gray improving the team, short term he literally couldn’t do any worse, we lose every week anyway (unless we’re playing 10 men)

number9dream
09-04-2023, 06:06 PM
He's a clown, get rid

Who would make that decision?
Seriously. There’s a leadership vacuum for obvious reasons, so Ben K & LJ just continue merrily on their incompetent ways.