PDA

View Full Version : After the split

erin go bragh
04-04-2023, 08:34 AM
Surely Hearts can’t get 4 home games after the split,which would mean 20 home games to 18 away
Now correct me if I’m wrong but we have been to Ibrox three times and Pittodrie after the split

Hiber-nation
04-04-2023, 08:45 AM
Surely Hearts can’t get 4 home games after the split,which would mean 20 home games to 18 away
Now correct me if I’m wrong but we have been to Ibrox three times and Pittodrie after the split

Teams play either 2 or 3 home games, they can't play 4 at home.

Nutmegged
07-04-2023, 01:13 PM
All 12 clubs will get 3 home and 2 away or vice versa after the split, on the odd occassion that might equate to 20 home games and 18 aways or 18 home and 20 aways but no club will ever get four home (or away) games post split.

where'stheslope
07-04-2023, 01:20 PM
All 12 clubs will get 3 home and 2 away or vice versa after the split, on the odd occassion that might equate to 20 home games and 18 aways or 18 home and 20 aways but no club will ever get four home (or away) games post split.
Some will have more home games than away, some will get more away games than home?
But, I'll bet both Celtic and Rangers will get the same amount of home and away games???
The split has always thrown up mixtures, but they seem to always get the rub????

JeMeSouviens
07-04-2023, 01:28 PM
Some will have more home games than away, some will get more away games than home?
But, I'll bet both Celtic and Rangers will get the same amount of home and away games???
The split has always thrown up mixtures, but they seem to always get the rub????

It's seeded. If it goes with the seeding then everyone gets 19/19. Of course, in the true spirit of Scottish football governance transparency, they don't tell us what the seedings are, but I think we can guess who are 1 & 2.

evy
07-04-2023, 03:33 PM
It's seeded. If it goes with the seeding then everyone gets 19/19. Of course, in the true spirit of Scottish football governance transparency, they don't tell us what the seedings are, but I think we can guess who are 1 & 2.

I'm sure the seedings are based on the previous season's final standings (obviously, could be wrong though).

speedy_gonzales
07-04-2023, 03:34 PM
I'm sure the seedings are based on the previous season's final standings (obviously, could be wrong though).

The 2016/2017 season could tell us, with Sevco newly promoted.

HibbyDave
09-04-2023, 02:07 PM
Won’t matter. We will not be top six based on current performances.

JohnM1875
09-04-2023, 02:09 PM

I honestly couldn't care less any more. Finish top six and get ragdolled for five games or finish bottom six and hopefully pick up a win.

Carheenlea
09-04-2023, 02:10 PM

Yes, probably best waiting to see what 6 we’re in first before worrying about potential fixture list anomalies.

A Hi-Bee
09-04-2023, 02:53 PM
Past ****in caring wi this shower, not sure to even reach so called top six.

cabbageandribs1875
09-04-2023, 02:59 PM
we will surely get points against Killie at least after the split

:lips seal

TheGreenMan
17-04-2023, 10:34 PM
Anyone know the likely split fixtures home v away based on previous seasons - if that's how it works?

Also, when are they announced after the St Johnstone game, this weekend or during the next week?

O'Rourke3
17-04-2023, 11:00 PM
Anyone know the likely split fixtures home v away based on previous seasons - if that's how it works?

Also, when are they announced after the St Johnstone game, this weekend or during the next week?They'd have been announced if the top six was sorted on Saturday. Until that, nothing. The next thing is ensuring Celtic cant win on a two cheeks fixture so thats generally first off. No-one wil get 4 home games even if they are due. The team most likely to suffer from and 18/20 split is the promoted team and team who wasn't in the top six last season. All this will have been considered and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
18-04-2023, 07:05 AM
The rumour is if we get top 6, we get Rangers at ER for a 3rd time

bingo70
18-04-2023, 07:05 AM
They'd have been announced if the top six was sorted on Saturday. Until that, nothing. The next thing is ensuring Celtic cant win on a two cheeks fixture so thats generally first off. No-one wil get 4 home games even if they are due. The team most likely to suffer from and 18/20 split is the promoted team and team who wasn't in the top six last season. All this will have been considered and ready to go.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I always think the team most likely to suffer should be the one that finishes 6th. Priority should be given to the teams that have done better up to the point of the split as a reward for doing better.

greenlex
18-04-2023, 12:12 PM
I always think the team most likely to suffer should be the one that finishes 6th. Priority should be given to the teams that have done better up to the point of the split as a reward for doing better.
I always think the split is stupid and an embarrassment. We should have a bigger league with one home and one away game against every team. Keep the play offs or maybe even expand them to fill enough fixtures.

JohnM1875
18-04-2023, 12:14 PM
I always think the split is stupid and an embarrassment. We should have a bigger league with one home and one away game against every team. Keep the play offs or maybe even expand them to fill enough fixtures.

Couldn't agree more about the bigger league. Will never happen though as it means less uglies games on TV.

To be fair, even the few Celtic and Hun fans I know are getting bored with the frequency of 'old firm' matches.

JamesHFC
18-04-2023, 12:15 PM

Hopefully perform a lot better than last time. Good possibility we get them last game of the season I reckon with Hearts away to Celtic. If so, give them half the stand and get the place sold out like we did a few years ago.

Assuming we finish top six of course.

Diclonius
18-04-2023, 12:21 PM

I don't ****ing want them at ER for a third time. Ffs.

Hibby Kay-Yay
18-04-2023, 12:22 PM
Hopefully perform a lot better than last time. Good possibility we get them last game of the season I reckon with Hearts away to Celtic. If so, give them half the stand and get the place sold out like we did a few years ago.

Assuming we finish top six of course.

I’d rather give them the bare minimum, say 100 “supporters” and then we have the rest, even if we don’t fill the stadium. I’d hate to see more The Rangers fans that would be required in our ground at all.

KeithTheHibby
18-04-2023, 12:33 PM

On one hand I tend to agree however this year promises to be very exciting.

3/4 teams all in the mix for relegation and 3/4 teams all vying for european places.

Heedersnvolleys
18-04-2023, 12:39 PM
On one hand I tend to agree however this year promises to be very exciting.

3/4 teams all in the mix for relegation and 3/4 teams all vying for european places.
Surely that would still be the case split or no split?

Billy Whizz
18-04-2023, 01:20 PM
I don't ****ing want them at ER for a third time. Ffs.

I’d rather have them at home than give them £35

bingo70
18-04-2023, 01:29 PM
Surely that would still be the case split or no split?

You would have more teams with nothing to play for though.

Also the fact that teams play other teams around them adds to the excitement.

The split isn’t perfect but I love it, I think it’s a great thing and adds to the excitement, especially at this time of the season.

Green Man
18-04-2023, 01:43 PM
After being initially sceptical I’ve come to appreciate the split. There are still meaningless games for teams who are going to finish 6th or are clear enough from relegation, but that’s the case with any structure. We do get more “six pointers” due to teams playing others around them.

I was looking at the Danish league - they also split into a top 6 and bottom 6, but after 22 games, teams then play each other twice in each half so there’s no imbalance of home and away. They also maintain interest for the bottom half by giving the seventh placed team a play off against the 3rd placed team for a European spot. Not sure I’d be in favour of that.

Trinity Hibee
18-04-2023, 01:48 PM
After being initially sceptical I’ve come to appreciate the split. There are still meaningless games for teams who are going to finish 6th or are clear enough from relegation, but that’s the case with any structure. We do get more “six pointers” due to teams playing others around them.

I was looking at the Danish league - they also split into a top 6 and bottom 6, but after 22 games, teams then play each other twice in each half so there’s no imbalance of home and away. They also maintain interest for the bottom half by giving the seventh placed team a play off against the 3rd placed team for a European spot. Not sure I’d be in favour of that.

7th playing 3rd in a play off for Europe is one of the craziest things I’ve heard in football. Ridiculous setup.

Posh Swanny
18-04-2023, 02:18 PM
The only thing I don't like about the split is the imbalance of home vs away games after the 33 matches. Both Livi and St Mirren will have played an extra home game and either could pip Hibs into the top 6 by a single point this weekend.

Northernhibee
18-04-2023, 02:20 PM
I hope we get Rangers and Celtic at the end of the run, given our likelihood of having a couple more losses after them. The order of our games could be vital.

Hibbyradge
18-04-2023, 02:38 PM

We have this conversation at this time every year.

Most small European countries have a split.

A 16 or 18 team league would give too few fixtures

There would be dozens of dead rubbers with a 20 team league.

The crowds for most games would be miniscule. Livingston just played in front of 1283 people and they're going relatively well.

There's not enough prize money for 20 teams and the TV money would reduce if there were fewer top games.

etc etc etc

Nutmegged
18-04-2023, 02:51 PM

The crowds for most games would be miniscule. Livingston just played in front of 12283 people and they're going relatively well.

There's not enough prize money for 20 teams and the TV money would reduce if there were fewer top games.

etc etc etc

Livingston would build a statue of Martindale if he attracted that many fans. 😄

Hibbyradge
18-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Livingston would build a statue of Martindale if he attracted that many fans. 😄

:faf:

Oops! 1283 obvs.

Edited.

Green Man
18-04-2023, 03:27 PM
For further comparison, the Czech league has a 16 team top division. After playing each other twice, the teams are split into three groups. The top 6 play each other once for the title, European places etc. 7th to 10th go into a knockout playoff, with the winner playing the 4th or 5th placed team for the last European place. The bottom 6 play each other once for relegation.

I think the Danish league was similar before they reduced the number of teams in their top division.

Makes our split look almost straightforward!

Hibbyradge
18-04-2023, 04:08 PM
For further comparison, the Czech league has a 16 team top division. After playing each other twice, the teams are split into three groups. The top 6 play each other once for the title, European places etc. 7th to 10th go into a knockout playoff, with the winner playing the 4th or 5th placed team for the last European place. The bottom 6 play each other once for relegation.

I think the Danish league was similar before they reduced the number of teams in their top division.

Makes our split look almost straightforward!

There are several different splits in Europe. Many of the Eastern European countries have one and there are others, Belgium being one notable example.

Green Man
18-04-2023, 06:19 PM
There are several different splits in Europe. Many of the Eastern European countries have one and there are others, Belgium being one notable example.

I remember Belgium as the original weird split league. I’m not sure if it’s always been the case, but this season the top 4 go into one group and the next 4 go into another, then the rest of the teams are just finished.

Diclonius
18-04-2023, 08:02 PM
I’d rather have them at home than give them £35

Fair dos, I don't go to Ibrox.

JimboHibs
19-04-2023, 09:05 AM

The crowds for most games would be miniscule. Livingston just played in front of 1283 people and they're going relatively well.

etc etc etc

There's already lots of dead rubbers in the league.

I would 100% take a 20 team league over the guff set up we currently have.

As for TV the number of potential derby's or mini derby's Inverness/County , Dunfermline,Falkirk,Raith ,Killie,Ayr etc I'd much rather have a trip away to say Falkirk,Dunfermline,Dundee,Patrick than potentially travel to Livi,Ross County away twice even playing the uglies potentially 4 times a year is a big 🥱.If we knew we were playing Rangers,Celtic,Hearts once at home they games would be a sell out and also the number of away fans Dunfermline,Falkirk,Aberdeen would bring knowing they may only be visiting Hibs,Hearts,Aberdeen etc once away would vastly increase.

Just my thoughts as the current set up allows on one to grow as a club in current set up.

Billy Whizz
21-04-2023, 03:45 PM
Hopefully by the end of the weekend the fixtures will be out. 2 from 3 till to make it
They’ll be working out when Celtic can win the league, so will probably wait until Aberdeen v Rangers on Sunday
You’d have thought that 3rd v 4th could be a last day fixture too

hibbyboy1
21-04-2023, 04:16 PM
Hopefully by the end of the weekend the fixtures will be out. 2 from 3 till to make it
They’ll be working out when Celtic can win the league, so will probably wait until Aberdeen v Rangers on Sunday
You’d have thought that 3rd v 4th could be a last day fixture too

How would they know who'll be 3rd and 4th or even 5th or 6th

Carheenlea
21-04-2023, 04:36 PM
Can see a Hibs/Hearts for final fixture (assuming we make top 6)

Billy Whizz
21-04-2023, 04:48 PM
How would they know who'll be 3rd and 4th or even 5th or 6th

They can’t, they’ll make an educated guess after this weekends results, and who plays who at home after the split

JamesHFC
21-04-2023, 06:12 PM

I think it would be the midweek game before the last game of the season.

Hibbyradge
21-04-2023, 06:35 PM
There's already lots of dead rubbers in the league.

Are there?

There are 6 games left and every team still has something to play for.

The Modfather
21-04-2023, 06:48 PM
Are Hearts still driving a league reconstruction for the greater good? Or did they give up on it when it wouldn’t save them from relegation?

bingo70
21-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Are Hearts still driving a league reconstruction for the greater good? Or did they give up on it when it wouldn’t save them from relegation?

Erm, demotion actually if you don’t mind.

1van Sprou7e
21-04-2023, 10:20 PM

I don't think they will ever do that in case there's something to play for. The police wouldn't allow it, same way they try to avoid OF games being title deciders

Carheenlea
22-04-2023, 06:38 AM
I don't think they will ever do that in case there's something to play for. The police wouldn't allow it, same way they try to avoid OF games being title deciders

Has there ever been major disorder at a Hibs v Hearts derby in the last 30 years? The post Mercer failed takeover game was incendiary, but since that? Don’t really see what evidence there would be to band the Edinburgh derby into problematic fixture territory?

marinello59
22-04-2023, 07:21 AM
Has there ever been major disorder at a Hibs v Hearts derby in the last 30 years? The post Mercer failed takeover game was incendiary, but since that? Don’t really see what evidence there would be to band the Edinburgh derby into problematic fixture territory?

There really isn’t any. A Derby on the final day would be superb.

hibee-boys
22-04-2023, 07:25 AM
Win today, beat Hearts/St Mirren/Aberdeen post split - job done😎

Helensburghhibs
22-04-2023, 01:13 PM
Not really sure why they wouldn't be out tonight. Celtic winning the title at ibrox is a mute point considering there is no away support therefore the potential for trouble isn't there

Moulin Yarns
22-04-2023, 01:55 PM
Not really sure why they wouldn't be out tonight. Celtic winning the title at ibrox is a mute point considering there is no away support therefore the potential for trouble isn't there

Sportsound said that they will be announced on Monday.

WhileTheChief..
22-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Erm, demotion actually if you don’t mind.

Illegally expelled was a phrase used a lot at the time.

The law didn't agree.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2023, 04:02 PM
i'm hoping we have both the old firm away from home, we won't pick up anything against them at ER anyway so better having an *extra game at home against the only three sides we possibly have a chance of getting points against

*assuming it's two away/three at home

if it's only two at home again i hope it's neither of the old firm

JamesHFC
22-04-2023, 04:10 PM
Aberdeen (A)
St Mirren (H)
Celtic (A)
Hearts (A)
The Rangers (H)

I think we will get it in this order.

Ringothedog
22-04-2023, 04:46 PM
Aberdeen (A)
St Mirren (H)
Celtic (A)
Hearts (A)
The Rangers (H)

I think we will get it in this order.

That’s 18 at home and 20 away, might happen but doubt it

Coach Jon
22-04-2023, 05:01 PM
We have only played Celtic and St. Mirren once at ER, so we will probably be at home to both of them.
We have already played Rangers Aberdeen and Hearts twice at ER, I would assume we will go to Tynecastle. So we should either play Aberdeen or The Rangers for a third time at home to balance the home and away numbers.

chippy
22-04-2023, 05:07 PM

etc etc etc
re 16 team league- cmon guys you can easily have a split after 30 games, via a top 6 ( playing each other home and away again) or a top 4 or even a top 5 split similarly. Top 6 gives 40 games, top 5- 38 games and top 4- 36 games in total. Splits all the way down the league to create interest until season end. It also gives you 4 old firm derbies, possibly 4 Edinburgh ones and likely 2 Dundee and perhaps Ayrshire / Renfrewshire / north east/ Fife ones as well

Hibbyradge
22-04-2023, 05:09 PM
re 16 team league- cmon guys you can easily have a split after 30 games, via a top 6 ( playing each other home and away again) or a top 4 or even a top 5 split similarly. Top 6 gives 40 games, top 5- 38 games and top 4- 36 games in total. Splits all the way down the league to create interest until season end. It also gives you 4 old firm derbies, possibly 4 Edinburgh ones and likely 2 Dundee and perhaps Ayrshire / Renfrewshire / north east/ Fife ones as well

That's still a split which is what people are complaining about.

Tully
22-04-2023, 05:43 PM
Rangers Celtic, st mirren at home, sheep hearts away

Hibees1973
22-04-2023, 05:59 PM
Rangers Celtic, st mirren at home, sheep hearts away

Agreed it will be this.

Col2
22-04-2023, 05:59 PM
Sportsound said that they will be announced on Monday.

They will be waiting until rangers play tomorrow to know when to time OF game so it’s not a title decider.

Guaranteed we will be at tynie for first game of split, given Hearts for good result.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2023, 06:29 PM
Post split home and away due after the 33 games to balance 19 home and 19 away games
Home Away
Celtic 2 3
Rangers 3 2
Aberdeen 2 3
Hearts 3 2
Hibs 3 2
St Mirren 2 3

We should definitely have Celtic and St Mirren at home, and Hearts and Aberdeen away, it’s the Rangers game that’s in the balance

Diclonius
22-04-2023, 07:04 PM
I don't want Rangers at home. Aberdeen instead please.

Zazu62
22-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Yams to get us, Aberdeen and st Mirren at home? Or have they played St mirren at home already?

Col2
22-04-2023, 09:13 PM
Yams to get us, Aberdeen and st Mirren at home? Or have they played St mirren at home already?

They played at st Mirren at home recently so it will be away in top 6

Carheenlea
23-04-2023, 08:13 AM
Do these games start this coming weekend?

JimBHibees
23-04-2023, 08:13 AM
Do these games start this coming weekend?

No Cup semis this weekend

Billy Whizz
23-04-2023, 09:48 AM
According to a post on I saw on another fans forum, one way for all Top 6 teams getting a 19/19 Home/Away split is for -
St Mirren to go to Hearts a 3rd Time
Hearts to go to Aberdeen a 3rd Time
Aberdeen to go to Celtic a 3rd Time
Rangers to Hibs a 3rd time.

I can feel the seethe in Gorgie just now

chippy
23-04-2023, 09:58 AM
According to a post on I saw on another fans forum, one way for all Top 6 teams getting a 19/19 Home/Away split is for -

Please let’s have symmetrical splits. Can be done easily within a 14 or 16 team league set up

Stubbsy90+2
23-04-2023, 10:14 AM

If that checks out then that has to be the way it goes.

You can’t have teams having 18 home games if there’s the potential for everyone to get the correct amount.

Cue rangers getting 21 home games.

Nutmegged
23-04-2023, 10:16 AM
https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/1650079281064689665?t=g5I9qvjcNsPkx_BU86nOng&s=19

Carheenlea
23-04-2023, 10:18 AM
No Cup semis this weekend

Ah, got you.

Didn’t think it would leave a lot of time to plan for next week if it was just carrying straight on.

easty
23-04-2023, 10:42 AM
https://twitter.com/AgentScotland/status/1650079281064689665?t=g5I9qvjcNsPkx_BU86nOng&s=19

But but but…aren’t we useless in the “big games”?

Mikey_1875
23-04-2023, 10:57 AM

Was quite surprised to see that but also frustrating that the points we have dropped have been against the lower teams in the league.

When you consider Hearts have a 5-0 win in there as well it doesn’t bode too well for them.

HFC93
23-04-2023, 11:19 AM

Lee Johnson doesn't win big games though.

JamesHFC
23-04-2023, 11:37 AM
Lee Johnson doesn't win big games though.

He’s won more derbies at ER than our past three managers combined. That’s a start.

Diclonius
23-04-2023, 12:29 PM

Honestly pretty surprising.

Billy Whizz
23-04-2023, 12:33 PM
Honestly pretty surprising.

Although we’re 5th in the league, on a points basis after 33 games, we’re 7th at home and 5th away based on points gained home and away
It’s our home form that’s let us down. Only 8 victories in 16 home games and 5 losses

Greenbeard
23-04-2023, 12:44 PM
Current form is more relevant. I can't see the Sheep dropping from turd - even if they lose today.
Best we can hope for is beating Them Way Across Town and overtaking them for 4th by dint of better results against the others.

23-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Please let’s have symmetrical splits. Can be done easily within a 14 or 16 team league set up

How does a symmetrical split work with a 14 team league?

King Cosell
23-04-2023, 01:17 PM
But but but…aren’t we useless in the “big games”?

The small games are the problem, in our 9 games (with some shocking desisions) against Dundee Utd, St Johnstone & Ross County we've got 9 pts, Hearts got 25. Against the rest we're far superior to them.

Hibbyradge
23-04-2023, 01:35 PM

Play home and away = 26 then split 7/7 and play another home and away= 12. Total 38.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-04-2023, 01:53 PM
Interesting stat from the twitter channel ‘Inside the SPFL’

With the top six confirmed, here's how every club outwith the big two fared against each other so far this season

• Hibs the best performing club against other European hopefuls
• St Mirren with 50% record
• Aberdeen yet to draw a game
• Hearts with just a 33% win rate

chippy
23-04-2023, 02:11 PM
Hibbyradge explains the 14 club scenario. By symmetry I mean that in every split section , teams play each other home and away again. A 16 club league could split into 4 x 4 sections. Top 4 for Champs and 3 Euro places. 2nd and 3rd section play as mini leagues with the winners of each playing off for final Euro spot. Bottom section play home and away again fir 1 or 2 relegation spots

KWJ
23-04-2023, 02:26 PM
You would have more teams with nothing to play for though.

Also the fact that teams play other teams around them adds to the excitement.

The split isn’t perfect but I love it, I think it’s a great thing and adds to the excitement, especially at this time of the season.

I prefer the idea of a bigger league, I think it'd give teams a better opportunity to put together good runs.

However, as long as it's around this size I'm all about the split. Not often it doesn't create great drama towards the end of the season and 6 pointers galore.

How good was the 5-5 while Aberdeen went to Celtic.

Same if you're fighting to stay up/avoid playoff.

Is It On....
23-04-2023, 02:30 PM
Current form is more relevant. I can't see the Sheep dropping from turd - even if they lose today.
Best we can hope for is beating Them Way Across Town and overtaking them for 4th by dint of better results against the others.

Realistically, I don't see us picking up more than 4 points so the best I think we can hope for is 5th.

Unseen work
23-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Unfortunately don’t see us getting a huge amount of points.

Aberdeen is away isn’t it? Always struggle to get anything there.

Can’t imagine us beating hearts twice in a row.

Can’t see us beating the old firm.

So down to the St Mirren game.

Realistically from 4-5 points, but when no one expects Hibs to win they tend to turn up and do the business. So I’m predicting 15 points😄

Tambo
23-04-2023, 06:13 PM
It might not be that big a deal as we have to play them eventually, I hope we can avoid back to back games with Rangers and Celtic.

Tuesday or Wednesday for the fixture release?

Eyrie
23-04-2023, 06:40 PM
Play home and away = 26 then split 7/7 and play another home and away= 12. Total 38.

The problem with splitting into two mini leagues of seven is that you need 40 game weeks, not 38, because every team will have two rounds when they're not playing. So it would been to be a 6/8 split which still requires 40 game weeks for the bottom eight which will cause fixture congestion if any of them progress in the Cup. And at least a couple of the bottom eight will have nothing to play for post split with another couple soon joining them.

Hibbyradge explains the 14 club scenario. By symmetry I mean that in every split section , teams play each other home and away again. A 16 club league could split into 4 x 4 sections. Top 4 for Champs and 3 Euro places. 2nd and 3rd section play as mini leagues with the winners of each playing off for final Euro spot. Bottom section play home and away again fir 1 or 2 relegation spots

Unnecessarily complicated and could result in the ninth team in the league getting a European spot ahead of the fifth team, or even the fourth if we lose a place.

chippy
23-04-2023, 07:33 PM
The problem with splitting into two mini leagues of seven is that you need 40 game weeks, not 38, because every team will have two rounds when they're not playing. So it would been to be a 6/8 split which still requires 40 game weeks for the bottom eight which will cause fixture congestion if any of them progress in the Cup. And at least a couple of the bottom eight will have nothing to play for post split with another couple soon joining them.

Unnecessarily complicated and could result in the ninth team in the league getting a European spot ahead of the fifth team, or even the fourth if we lose a place.

First para - I don’t see an extra 2 rounds as being a showstopper
2nd para- other options are available , saves this nonsense of adjusting fixtures after the 12 club split though, keeps all clubs involved - barely a dead rubber which deals with the ‘meaningless games ‘ criticism. Nothing is going to be perfect

Diclonius
24-04-2023, 09:38 AM
Any idea what time the fixtures are coming out?

Given Celtic can now win the title in the next game I'm guessing the OF derby will be near the end.

Not In The Know
24-04-2023, 09:43 AM
We always get Celtic in the top 6 before they win the league. Which is a slight disadvantage.

JimBHibees
24-04-2023, 09:52 AM
We always get Celtic in the top 6 before they win the league. Which is a slight disadvantage.

I can see Celtic being first up

bingo70
24-04-2023, 09:54 AM
Any idea what time the fixtures are coming out?

Given Celtic can now win the title in the next game I'm guessing the OF derby will be near the end.

I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t see why it makes any difference. They win cups against each other all the time, Celtic won the league against them a few years ago and there’s no away fans at the games now anyway. Really shouldn’t make any difference if they win the league against them or not.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 09:55 AM
I’m not saying you’re wrong but I don’t see why it makes any difference. They win cups against each other all the time, Celtic won the league against them a few years ago and there’s no away fans at the games now anyway. Really shouldn’t make any difference if they win the league against them or not.

Exactly

Diclonius
24-04-2023, 09:59 AM

It doesn't but they're the SFA's special boys and every decision ever made must make them feel important and the bestest ever.

steve75
24-04-2023, 10:05 AM

I think it's down to TV. A Glasgow derby is a TV draw, a league winning game is a TV draw. Why mash the two together? Another example of the lack of general fairness in Scottish football.

JimBHibees
24-04-2023, 10:14 AM
Exactly

Unfortunately we all know about the deliberate underplaying by the press of the fall out of old firm games on A+E. Still a great rivalry though not

SteveHFC
24-04-2023, 10:46 AM
Aberdeen have a home game on the 13th.

Steven79
24-04-2023, 10:48 AM
Aberdeen have a home game on the 13th.How do you know this?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
24-04-2023, 10:52 AM
How do you know this?

Aberdeen forum. Something to do with the 40th anniversary of their cup winners cup win.

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 10:58 AM
Aberdeen forum. Something to do with the 40th anniversary of their cup winners cup win.

I’d rather we visited on a Saturday than a Tuesday/Wednesday night

erin go bragh
24-04-2023, 11:04 AM
I can see Celtic being first up

Hope not but as Hearts could get a third trip to Celtic, can’t see them being the team to play them first before the title is won but hope I’m wrong😁

hibbyboy1
24-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Rumour going about that were getting shafted and only getting 2 home games and are having to go to parkhead for a third time

Steven79
24-04-2023, 11:10 AM
Rumour going about that were getting shafted and only getting 2 home games and are having to go to parkhead for a third timeWouldn't surprise me one bit...

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2023, 11:18 AM
Hearts & Aberdeen Away
Celtic, Rangers, St Mirren at home

Frazerbob
24-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Hearts & Aberdeen Away

Your opinion or the fixtures released?

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 11:22 AM
Hearts & Aberdeen Away

That’s what it should be

Stubbsy90+2
24-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Rumour going about that were getting shafted and only getting 2 home games and are having to go to parkhead for a third time

There’s apparently a set of fixtures that guarantees everybody 19 home games and also sorts the fixtures out in terms of 2 home and 2 away fairly well with only one or two discrepancies.

If that route isn’t chosen then the game up here really is ****ed. Fans plow thousands of pounds into Scottish football each year and continually get shafted to the point where games they should be entitled to don’t even happen, most likely to suit the Old Firm.

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2023, 11:32 AM
Your opinion or the fixtures released?

A text from a customer who had spoken to someone at the SFA. Might be bollocks.

And it's Celtic @ ER first according to him.

JamesHFC
24-04-2023, 11:49 AM

It was either going to be us or Aberdeen away next week I felt with them having the opportunity of winning the league. Let’s hope we can cause an upset but I highly doubt it unfortunately.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 11:51 AM
It was either going to be us or Aberdeen away next week I felt with them having the opportunity of winning the league. Let’s hope we can cause an upset but I highly doubt it unfortunately.

Celtic will beat everyone after the split so really shouldnt matter other than building some kind of momentum.

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2023, 11:52 AM

Send them to ER to win it if we're top six is their mantra I think.

Last time though we beat Rodger's side 2-0 and delayed it a week. Think they ended up winning it at Ibrox!

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 11:56 AM
Send them to ER to win it if we're top six is their mantra I think.

Last time though we beat Rodger's side 2-0 and delayed it a week. Think they ended up winning it at Ibrox!

Haha yeah. Worked out well for them then eh!

Spike Mandela
24-04-2023, 11:56 AM
5 fixture weeks to organise. How hard can it be?

Delay no doubt tweaking it to suit the bigot brothers.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 11:58 AM
5 fixture weeks to organise. How hard can it be?

Delay no doubt tweaking it to suit the bigot brothers.

Yep. There was only a couple of different scenarios to consider at the weekend before we knew who was top 6.

JamesHFC
24-04-2023, 12:02 PM
Convinced we will play Hearts away in the midweek game. That’s what happened the last time we played them in the split.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 12:03 PM
Convinced we will play Hearts away in the midweek game. That’s what happened the last time we played them in the split.

Would take that

hibee_girl
24-04-2023, 12:15 PM

Some Celtic fans on Twitter suggesting they won’t be allowed to win the league on coronation day.

So if we do have them first it could very well be on the Sunday.

Stewboy
24-04-2023, 12:17 PM
Some Celtic fans on Twitter suggesting they won’t be allowed to win the league on coronation day.

Ha ha ha

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2023, 12:24 PM

It would be the Sunday anyway for Sky

Had another message saying we host st Mirren on final day

Disclaimer: might be bollocks as I said earlier but who doesn’t love a rumour

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 12:28 PM

Think the last game as was last season, is the Saturday

hibee_girl
24-04-2023, 12:29 PM

Not necessarily, some sky games are Saturday lunchtimes.

If we do get them that weekend I’m hoping it is the Sunday as I have plans on the Saturday and don’t want to have to make a decision :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
24-04-2023, 12:34 PM

If we do get them that weekend I’m hoping it is the Sunday as I have plans on the Saturday and don’t want to have to make a decision :greengrin

Same here, so hoping it's Sunday.

Diclonius
24-04-2023, 12:40 PM
Sure I read that there won't be any games on the 6th?

Stubbsy90+2
24-04-2023, 12:50 PM

I can’t even make the Saturday but I’d love it to be on the day of the coronation just for the banter really.

Hibees1973
24-04-2023, 01:36 PM
Really is lamentable and distasteful Scottish Football.

All this, oh the OF can't meet again until the league is decided, Celtic won't be given a fixture on coronation day, etc.

A lot of the fun taken out of it by hatred, bigotry and history.

Sadly cannot see this changing in my lifetime.

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2023, 01:43 PM
How long does it take to work out 5 fixtures? Though I suppose there will be a few phone calls back and forward to Ibrox and Parkhead asking " what do you think of these fixtures? Any objections?"

Stewboy
24-04-2023, 01:45 PM
How long does it take to work out 5 fixtures? Though I suppose there will be a few phone calls back and forward to Ibrox and Parkhead asking " what do you think of these fixtures? Any objections?"

It’s probably with the OF to come up with their preferred fixtures between them and confirm back to SFA who’ll then add in the rest of the games

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 01:48 PM

😂

Donegal Hibby
24-04-2023, 01:50 PM
Article on how fixtures could go .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/what-hibs-post-split-fixtures-are-likely-to-be-with-rangers-switch-expected-4107843

Diclonius
24-04-2023, 02:04 PM
Sure Sky have to approve all the TV fixtures too.

GreenGray
24-04-2023, 02:08 PM

Surprised it takes them long to pick out each of the Old Firm's away games and Celtic's last home one.

Eyrie
24-04-2023, 03:33 PM
Ideal scenario is home game against Sevco in the last round of fixtures with Hearts going to Parkhead and two home wins meaning we get fourth.

TheGreenMan
24-04-2023, 03:40 PM
WTF is taking them so long? Assume it's not going to be today if not out by now!

GreenCastle
24-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Really is lamentable and distasteful Scottish Football.

All this, oh the OF can't meet again until the league is decided, Celtic won't be given a fixture on coronation day, etc.

A lot of the fun taken out of it by hatred, bigotry and history.

Sadly cannot see this changing in my lifetime.

Exactly - it’s the same reason the OF never play each other 1st game of the season.

Shambles of a set up.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 04:05 PM
WTF is taking them so long? Assume it's not going to be today if not out by now!

It’s a disgrace

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 04:09 PM
It’s a disgrace

Remember they’ve also got the bottom 6 to do as well😀

King Cosell
24-04-2023, 04:23 PM

The SPFL are bang out of order, tens of thousands of fans all over the country have been on tenterhooks all day and they're not giving us an update. Pathetic.

Coach Jon
24-04-2023, 04:24 PM

VAR is checking them.

Gloucester Hibs
24-04-2023, 04:28 PM
This has to be the ultimate pandering to the Bigot Bros! All the conditions that had to be taken into account (the coronation, title can’t be won in an old firm game etc) probably made the fixture supercomputer blow up.

Cod Boy
24-04-2023, 04:30 PM
No announcement today on daily record twitter

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 04:31 PM
Remember they’ve also got the bottom 6 to do as well😀

It’s the SPFL you want to remind about the bottom 6

TheGreenMan
24-04-2023, 04:36 PM
Shambles, hard enough to plan things around fixtures changing these days and they’re not prepared well enough to get 5 games out. Can only imagine what conversations are being had

Stairway 2 7
24-04-2023, 04:49 PM
Must be arguments. I'll bet its no the old firm getting screwed over

number9dream
24-04-2023, 04:51 PM

Yes. They’ll be negotiating time slots and have to make sure they reach quotas for each team - hence the recent two in a row for Ross County, who they must have forgotten about…

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 04:52 PM
Must be arguments. I'll bet its no the old firm getting screwed over

Rangers have nothing to play for

Stairway 2 7
24-04-2023, 04:59 PM
Rangers have nothing to play for

A board that's brought up thinking no surrender might not see it like that. Would be good to have them at easter road first and confirm it, but we'll probably get celtic celebrating the title instead sadly

Steven79
24-04-2023, 05:00 PM
Tomorrow now by the sounds of it!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-post-split-fixture-big-29798010

JamesHFC
24-04-2023, 05:01 PM
It has been looking pretty obvious the top six would be as it resulted a couple of weeks ago. Very poor.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 05:03 PM
Tomorrow now by the sounds of it!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premiership-post-split-fixture-big-29798010

Pretty much confirms they are working everyone’s fixtures round Celtic winning the league (probably away so as to not use a game on tv at parkhead) and then give them the final game on TV. Really is farcical

Cod Boy
24-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Hibs have one more game at home to show live on sky. Makes me think Celtic will be sent here first game after split

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 05:14 PM
A board that's brought up thinking no surrender might not see it like that. Would be good to have them at easter road first and confirm it, but we'll probably get celtic celebrating the title instead sadly

I agree they are one horrible club, but it’s nice they have nothing left in the league to play for

Alfred E Newman
24-04-2023, 05:15 PM
Pretty much confirms they are working everyone’s fixtures round Celtic winning the league (probably away so as to not use a game on tv at parkhead) and then give them the final game on TV. Really is farcical

Unfortunately that sums up the game in Scotland

Billy Whizz
24-04-2023, 05:17 PM
Hibs have one more game at home to show live on sky. Makes me think Celtic will be sent here first game after split

It’s not something I’d be looking forward to! Think Celtic will be angling for a home game to win the league, I would if it was Hibs

Diclonius
24-04-2023, 05:18 PM
I really, really can't ****ing stand the people who run Scottish football.

Broken Gnome
24-04-2023, 05:49 PM
Think I'm quite comfortably loathing Celtic more than Rangers at the moment. The notion that they are at all oppressed and conspired against in Scotland is mental, when they are just absolutely desperate to be pandered to.

I'd stick them to St Mirren for game one. They'd get one stand, scores of empty seats in the home end, and the whinging about 'not doing the game justice by giving us as many tickets as we want' would be off the scale.

mcohibs
24-04-2023, 06:05 PM

I know I’m in the minority here but isn’t that just sensible planning? The top 6 split gives the SPFL the ability to arrange fixtures that ensures the most coverage and ultimately profit for the league?

I love sticking the boot into the powers that be as much as the next person but don’t really see what the issue is here in terms of the logic used to arrange fixtures.

greenlex
24-04-2023, 06:10 PM
I know I’m in the minority here but isn’t that just sensible planning? The top 6 split gives the SPFL the ability to arrange fixtures that ensures the most coverage and ultimately profit for the league?
You’re not in the minority and I agree. The thing that’s pissing me off is Sky must know their schedule. The fixtures for down south both EPL and championship have been noon since the start. Celtic at home wining the league just needs to be woven in. The rest of it in real terms means diddly squat to the sky viewers. How hard is it to coordinate the stakeholders to fit in a game or two that might mean something in a five game schedule. Beggars belief.

24-04-2023, 06:13 PM

2 major flaws (at least) in that scenario.

1) All teams should be playing their final match of season at the same time, which can't happen in that set up.

2) If we'd just missed out on the top half at the split then I'd not be that interested in going to the remaining 12 games to watch us battling for 8th place. I would probably not bother renewing my season ticket in case the same thing happened. I'd imagine a fair number of Hibs fans would feel the same. As would other clubs' fans in a similar situation.

24-04-2023, 06:29 PM
Same here, so hoping it's Sunday.

SPFL website has final game for top 6 on Sat 27th May and Sun 28th for bottom 6. It does say at the top of the page that dates could be changed for TV but I'd reckon it is unlikely for the last matches of the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

hibee_girl
24-04-2023, 06:37 PM
SPFL website has final game for top 6 on Sat 27th May and Sun 28th for bottom 6. It does say at the top of the page that dates could be changed for TV but I'd reckon it is unlikely for the last matches of the season.

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates

Hasn’t it always been top 6 on the Saturday and bottom 6 on the Sunday?

Glory Lurker
24-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Hasn’t it always been top 6 on the Saturday and bottom 6 on the Sunday?

No. The 5-5 match was a Sunday

Hibby70
24-04-2023, 06:45 PM
I could work out the fixtures easily enough on the back of a fag packet in 10 minutes. And I don't even smoke. Total joke of an organisation.

24-04-2023, 06:48 PM
I could work out the fixtures easily enough on the back of a fag packet in 10 minutes. And I don't even smoke. Total joke of an organisation.

Has to get approval from Celtic and Rangers 1st before they can release them.

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 06:49 PM

I love sticking the boot into the powers that be as much as the next person but don’t really see what the issue is here in terms of the logic used to arrange fixtures.

Think it just shows how much revolves around the OF. Nothing new but getting a bit fed up of it now.

easty
24-04-2023, 06:52 PM
Think it just shows how much revolves around the OF. Nothing new but getting a bit fed up of it now.

Does it show that? In what way?

Trinity Hibee
24-04-2023, 07:01 PM
Does it show that? In what way?

If all teams were treated equally then fixtures would have been generated and tv games etc chosen afterwards. It appears the SPFL do it the other way round.

Add to the fact that Edinburgh derbies haven’t been shown on sky in order to save games at ER and tynie for rangers and Celtic away games at those grounds I think it’s pretty clear cut

hibee_girl
24-04-2023, 07:12 PM
No. The 5-5 match was a Sunday

Shows how much I remember :greengrin

Carheenlea
24-04-2023, 07:19 PM
It won’t be publicised, but the Old Firm will be in consultation with the fixture scheduling.

There is not a chance they will just find out who they play, where and when along with everyone else.

JamesHFC
24-04-2023, 07:22 PM
It won’t be publicised, but the Old Firm will be in consultation with the fixture scheduling.

There is not a chance they will just find out who they play, where and when along with everyone else.

The sad reality unfortunately. Corrupt to the core.

Bobby's Cinema
24-04-2023, 08:32 PM
IIRC exactly the same thing happened last year, the date for fixtures being announced came and went with no news.

Steven79
25-04-2023, 09:23 AM
Going by the rumours it appears that Hearts are hosting Celtic in the first round of fixtures

Rangers potentially hosting Aberdeen the same weekend and I guess that leaves Hibs hosting St Mirren which would probably be good for us as it would mean we could seal 5th place and go after 4th with the game at Tynecastle.

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 09:26 AM
Going by the rumours it appears that Hearts are hosting Celtic in the first round of fixtures

Rangers potentially hosting Aberdeen the same weekend and I guess that leaves Hibs hosting St Mirren which would probably be good for us as it would mean we could seal 5th place and go after 4th with the game at Tynecastle.

Yeah, the ‘draft’ I’ve seen online has the derby as last game of the season. home to St Mirren first and then the OF games 3 and 4.

Diclonius
25-04-2023, 09:39 AM
Yeah, the ‘draft’ I’ve seen online has the derby as last game of the season. home to St Mirren first and then the OF games 3 and 4.

That's pretty good.

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 09:40 AM
That's pretty good.

Could be a lot worse I guess. Derby last game of the season is probably quite a good idea.

GreenGray
25-04-2023, 09:46 AM
I like the sound of St Mirren at home first game of the split.

I less like the sound of Hearts on the last day from a purely selfish point of view that I am on holiday and will miss the game

O'Rourke3
25-04-2023, 09:48 AM
Could be a lot worse I guess. Derby last game of the season is probably quite a good idea.Could ruin the summer for some people depending on results...

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 09:48 AM
Could ruin the summer for some people depending on results...

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Haha I guess so

Steven79
25-04-2023, 09:51 AM

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 09:53 AM

One thing to point out is that is now 3 out of 4 derbies this season not been picked for sky. In what other league would they not show the 2nd biggest rivalry 3 out of 4 times. It’s a joke

BoomtownHibees
25-04-2023, 10:01 AM

Confirmed by Hibs

hibee-boys
25-04-2023, 10:02 AM
I’d settle for a winners takes 4th scenario last day of season.

grunt
25-04-2023, 10:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FujOSAcXoAIz9T1?format=jpg&name=large

GRA
25-04-2023, 10:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FujOSAcXoAIz9T1?format=jpg&name=large

The fact we are playing The Rangers on 21st May gives me a warm buzz inside... can't think why... :agree:

Steven79
25-04-2023, 10:08 AM
3 Edinburgh derbies not on tv this season.

Utter joke and wouldn't happen in any other country in the world.

GreenGray
25-04-2023, 10:10 AM

Do they have Edinburgh Derbies in other countries:greengrin

Totally agree though, shambles

Unseen work
25-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Playing Celtic, rangers and hearts within 6 days..

Diclonius
25-04-2023, 10:11 AM
Couldn't ask for a better set of fixtures tbh.

number9dream
25-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Couldn't ask for a better set of fixtures tbh.

Yup. Have to start with a win over St Mirren, then try to scramble for something in the other three to give us a chance of catching Hearts on the final day.

Unseen work
25-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Not one bottom 6 game on Tv…

Trinity Hibee
25-04-2023, 10:17 AM

Yeah because Rangers and Celtic aren’t in bottom 6

Steven79
25-04-2023, 10:20 AM

It's an utter joke and sums up the treatment that Scottish football gets from "British" companies.

Spudster
25-04-2023, 10:20 AM

Technically very accurate

HibeeSince85
25-04-2023, 10:22 AM
Big first game against St Mirren and hopefully a Celtic side with the title already wrapped up towards the end of the season.

My daughter is due May 20th so all going well she'll be on my knee watching us skelp the huns followed shortly after by a win at tynie. Set her off on the right path.

Mcbizz1998
25-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Yup. Have to start with a win over St Mirren, then try to scramble for something in the other three to give us a chance of catching Hearts on the final day.

I can genuinely see hearts losing all games before playing us. They are crap away from home and have to go to Ibrox and St Mirren. Celtic will pump them, Aberdeen maybe only chance of points but given the run they are on, the sheep will rightly be favs.

Equally, I wouldn’t be surprised if hibs lost all their games as well [emoji23]

ElginHibbie
Obviously very unlikely to happen but if we beat St Mirren, Aberdeen lose to Rangers and we then beat them could at least make it interesting for 3rd

Garymcl
Personally I think fixtures have been quite nice to us could’ve been worse first thing first St Mirren at home on the 6th May as soon as tickets are available we must surely take up nearly the whole of our ground said it before many times this season but this is really our biggest game if we want to get into Europe this fixture should be like a Derby at home in other words sold out easily :greengrin

hibee-boys
25-04-2023, 10:26 AM
That’s a heck of a last week of football🙈😂

Fuzzywuzzy
25-04-2023, 10:27 AM
When was the last time we played Celtic that wasn't an evening ko??

Unseen work
25-04-2023, 10:28 AM
Personally I think fixtures have been quite nice to us could’ve been worse first thing first St Mirren at home on the 6th May as soon as tickets are available we must surely take up nearly the whole of our ground said it before many times this season but this is really our biggest game if we want to get into Europe this fixture should be like a Derby at home in other words sold out easily :greengrin

For me it’s just playing both the old firm and hearts within 6 days, huge ask.

Scouse Hibee
25-04-2023, 10:29 AM
Brilliant, can make both Rangers and Celtic games 👍

Tyler Durden
25-04-2023, 10:52 AM
If Hearts can get 3 points from their 4 games prior to the derby, we're gonna need 5 points from ours to make the derby meaningful. Unless there is a pretty big swing in goal difference.

It's looking like we've left ourselves with too much to do but just need to win the St Mirren game and take it from there.

Broken Gnome
25-04-2023, 10:53 AM
Looking at that objectively, the decision to our Hibs-Rangers on TV ahead of Hearts-Aberdeen is mind-blowing.

Sky have three opportunities to give the slightly assurance they care about anyone but Celtic and Rangers - derbies, those competing for 3rd (worth money and a bigger draw than ever), and relegation. They've ignored them all.

Hibernian Verse
25-04-2023, 10:55 AM
Looking at that objectively, the decision to our Hibs-Rangers on TV ahead of Hearts-Aberdeen is mind-blowing.

Sky have three opportunities to give the slightly assurance they care about anyone but Celtic and Rangers - derbies, those competing for 3rd (worth money and a bigger draw than ever), and relegation. They've ignored them all.

It's all about subscriptions. Rangers and Celtic fans take out more than we all do.

My Mrs works for Sky in Dunfermline in customer service (i.e. customer issues) and they are pushed to sell packages even when the customer is complaining. If they don't, because they deem the customer to be angry or uninterested then they get marked down and don't get a payrise when the turn of the year comes.

Disgusting company.

Broken Gnome
25-04-2023, 10:57 AM
It's all about subscriptions. Rangers and Celtic fans take out more than we all do.

My Mrs works for Sky in Dunfermline in customer service (i.e. customer issues) and they are pushed to sell packages even when the customer is complaining. If they don't, because they deem the customer to be angry or uninterested then they get marked down and don't get a payrise when the turn of the year comes.

Disgusting company.

Oh I know that, but they can't even tear themselves away from what is likely going to be a Rangers dead rubber for something that could be fairly dramatic.

Hibs90
25-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Sevco refusing to play on the day of the coronation :faf:

Moulin Yarns
25-04-2023, 11:17 AM

That's probably why they took so long to sort out!

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 11:19 AM
For me it’s just playing both the old firm and hearts within 6 days, huge ask.

Absolutely is though all in Edinburgh I suppose

Logie Green
25-04-2023, 11:21 AM
When was the last time we played Celtic that wasn't an evening ko??

Saturday 18th March. 😉

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 11:22 AM

That is terrible and sums up how crap this deal is.

Carheenlea
25-04-2023, 11:27 AM
Rangers playing their first game on the Sunday, and not on TV, (with Celtic away at Hearts), there has 100% been consultation over fixture scheduling with certain clubs.

Working it around the Coronation sounds like a bad Only an Excuse sketch, but it’s probably the reality.

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 11:34 AM
Rangers playing their first game on the Sunday, and not on TV, (with Celtic away at Hearts), there has 100% been consultation over fixture scheduling with certain clubs.

Working it around the Coronation sounds like a bad Only an Excuse sketch, but it’s probably the reality.

Sounds like it.

RossScott1991
25-04-2023, 11:36 AM
Hibs v Rangers on 21st May. Beautiful.

JamesHFC
25-04-2023, 11:40 AM
Hearts last game of the season is a surprise. Looking forward to that.

Carheenlea
25-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Hibs v Rangers on 21st May. Beautiful.

The perfect occasion to get the band back together - full team on the park before the game to take the acclaim with wall-to-wall highlights of all the key moments. Stokesy’s double, Gray’s winner, four armed man etc.

The Harp Awakes
25-04-2023, 11:57 AM

What a bunch o weirdos :rolleyes:

Moulin Yarns
25-04-2023, 11:59 AM

That's because all their support will be in London on Saturday.

HarpOnHibee
25-04-2023, 12:00 PM

Should have been docked the 3pts for bringing the game into disrepute. But nah, the SFA have of course bent over backwards to shift it to the Sunday instead.

25-04-2023, 12:07 PM
So Rangers come to us for a 3rd time and Hearts go to Ibrox for a 3rd time. Weighing that up against the 18 matched played against the bottom 6, we had 10 away and 8 at home, Hearts had 10 at home and 8 away.

They always lose to Rangers no matter where it's played so they are probably better off having had 10 home 8 away v bottom 6 rather than the other way round and Rangers at Tynecastle 3 times.

Unless we beat Rangers then we'd have been better off with the same 10 home, 8 away v bottom 6 that Hearts had. That said, I do like having the league split as it is so have to accept these scenarios can occur. At least they've been able to get all teams having 19 home and 19 away.

Any Hearts fans complaining they're disadvantaged because they have to go to Ibrox a 3rd time, just point out they've had a bigger advantage by getting 2 more games at home than away v the bottom 6 (which is where the vast majority of their points have come from).

Tambo
25-04-2023, 12:18 PM
Was hoping for St Mirren to be the last game as was going to make the trip up but is what it is and will just have to wait till next season.

Any run would of been tough but happy with what we got and really need the 3 points come 6th of May.

B.H.F.C
25-04-2023, 12:22 PM
Think the fixtures have fallen as good as they could for us as they could for us.

Best chance of points early on, Celtic once the league is done and obviously a better chance of taking something from Rangers at home than going there for a third time.

Hopefully we can just get to the derby knowing a win let’s us catch them.

Mikey_1875
25-04-2023, 12:25 PM
So Rangers come to us for a 3rd time and Hearts go to Ibrox for a 3rd time. Weighing that up against the 18 matched played against the bottom 6, we had 10 away and 8 at home, Hearts had 10 at home and 8 away.

They always lose to Rangers no matter where it's played so they are probably better off having had 10 home 8 away v bottom 6 rather than the other way round and Rangers at Tynecastle 3 times.

Unless we beat Rangers then we'd have been better off with the same 10 home, 8 away v bottom 6 that Hearts had. That said, I do like having the league split as it is so have to accept these scenarios can occur. At least they've been able to get all teams having 19 home and 19 away.

Any Hearts fans complaining they're disadvantaged because they have to go to Ibrox a 3rd time, just point out they've had a bigger advantage by getting 2 more games at home than away v the bottom 6 (which is where the vast majority of their points have come from).

I’m pretty sure hearts have only played at Ibrox once this season in the league?

Quite happy with the fixtures. Main bit for me was avoiding Aberdeen in the midweek game away and there’s hopefully a winner takes all style derby to end the season.

wookie70
25-04-2023, 12:26 PM
Terrible fixtures for me personally as I miss the The Rangers and Celtic games but it is probably a decent spread for the team. Chance to put distance between us and Saints for 5th straight away and start looking up the league and a derby to finish the season is quite a good idea especially if it is actually a match that has consequences for both clubs

KeithTheHibby
25-04-2023, 12:28 PM

An utter disgrace. As usual a lack of backbone by clowns like Doncaster and the SPFL allow Sky to dictate what games they show. It was the only reason there was a delay yesterday.

JimBHibees
25-04-2023, 12:29 PM
I’m pretty sure hearts have only played at Ibrox once this season in the league?

Quite happy with the fixtures. Main bit for me was avoiding Aberdeen in the midweek game away and there’s hopefully a winner takes all style derby to end the season.

That's correct re Hearts and Rangers

Springbank
25-04-2023, 12:37 PM
It's an utter joke and sums up the treatment that Scottish football gets from "British" companies.

100%

I'm sure Sky's management team will be thrilled to be putting on Mansfield v Stockport in the British league 2 playoffs instead of quirky foreign games (as their top brass will see it) like Hearts v Hibs and Aberdeen v Hibs

25-04-2023, 12:38 PM

Yeah you're right. The rest still applies, although we get Rangers at home a 3rd time, it is countered by having had only 8 at home and 10 away v the bottom 6.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2023, 12:39 PM

Personally I'm ragin' I wanted to go to the Republic rally on Calton Hill on the 6th which starts at 3pm ..... I just bloody knew Hibs would be scheduled to play at home that day with a 3pm kick off. :grr:

Can Block 7 please arrange a '**** the coronation' banner for the game to make me feel better :greengrin

HoboHarry
25-04-2023, 12:40 PM
I get back in May for the first time in 6 years - land in Inverness on Wednesday afternoon of the 24th so that game is out and attending a wedding on the Saturday so that's out too. Fates have conspired against me lol.....

Steven79
25-04-2023, 12:40 PM
Personally I'm ragin' I wanted to go to the Republic rally on Calton Hill on the 6th which starts at 3pm ..... I just bloody knew Hibs would be scheduled to play at home that day with a 3pm kick off. :grr:

Can Block 7 please arrange a '**** the coronation' banner for the game to make me feel better :greengrin[emoji16]

Steven79
25-04-2023, 12:43 PM
100%

I'm sure Sky's management team will be thrilled to be putting on Mansfield v Stockport in the British league 2 playoffs instead of quirky foreign games (as their top brass will see it) like Hearts v Hibs and Aberdeen v HibsYep!

Hearts v Aberdeen is another that should definitely be on TV with what is at stake for both clubs but got to have The Rangers playing at Easter Road and at Ibrox against Hearts instead.

DIXIHIBS
25-04-2023, 12:48 PM
Dont know if been posted already but harry styles at murrayfield same days as hertz/ hibs...good planning lol.

Steven79
25-04-2023, 12:51 PM
Dont know if been posted already but harry styles at murrayfield same days as hertz/ hibs...good planning lol.[emoji1]

Haymarket could be pretty busy around 15:00 that Saturday...

Broken Gnome
25-04-2023, 01:16 PM
Fair bit of pressure on us now with St. Mirren up first. Fifth at least looks likely for the winner, very much a downer for whoever loses which will be hard to recover from. Think it's safe to say 'settling' for sixth will come easier to Saints fans than it will to Hibs fans.

gbhibby
25-04-2023, 01:30 PM
Dont know if been posted already but harry styles at murrayfield same days as hertz/ hibs...good planning lol.

He should be able to watch the game then do the sound check.

G15 Hibs
25-04-2023, 01:40 PM
That's because all their support will be in London on Saturday.

The Louden, more like

Spike Mandela
25-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Massive game against St Mirren in the first match after the split. A win is essential to really gain some traction in the race for Europe.

NAE NOOKIE
25-04-2023, 10:17 PM

He has no chance, he looks quite a strong lad, but we have quite a heavy scrum and that's gonna be his downfall ... might sneak a try but I see quite a big win for Scotland.

Hibbyradge
26-04-2023, 10:01 AM

It won't be affected by our game in the slightest.

It's a 12.30 kick off.

DIXIHIBS
26-04-2023, 10:26 AM
It won't be affected by our game in the slightest.

It's a 12.30 kick off.

True maybe not the game but 60k teenagers descending on the the west end of Edinburgh as 20k football fans head there after the game...could be a bit busy (sorry make that 18k)😁

Hibby70
26-04-2023, 11:28 AM
True maybe not the game but 60k teenagers descending on the the west end of Edinburgh as 20k football fans head there after the game...could be a bit busy (sorry make that 18k)😁

I've already told my daughter to be wary of strange men in cardigans when she goes.

NAE NOOKIE
26-04-2023, 12:38 PM
I've already told my daughter to be wary of strange men in cardigans when she goes.

And to ignore anybody driving a rover who tries to talk to her :greengrin

Tambo
26-04-2023, 04:02 PM
Sorry if its been asked in thread somewhere, Do we have any ppv slots left?