PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:03 PM
Bring him back. We’re in desperate need of a new goalie.

cameronw-hfc
01-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Folk on here would genuinely have you believe this version of Marshall is better. He's so far past it anyone denying it now is either deluded or just doesn't want to criticise him due to his Scotland heroics.

Stats back it up, as do the performances now.

Since452
01-04-2023, 04:07 PM
One inconsistent keeper for another inconsistent keeper? Nah. Rather we looked forward not back.

Jones28
01-04-2023, 04:08 PM
One inconsistent keeper for another inconsistent keeper? Nah. Rather we looked forward not back.

Rocky is a the best keeper we’ve had since…Colgan?

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:09 PM

The best keeper we’ve had in 25 years for the guy who’s cost us over and over this season.

BILLYHIBS
01-04-2023, 04:09 PM
This is an April Fool right ? :greengrin

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:14 PM

Marshall’s performance certainly was, yet again.

Edina Street
01-04-2023, 04:16 PM
I liked Ofir Marciano, and was disappointed when he left. Would not mind having him back. Though, even better would be someone of Marciano's quality, but younger.

Hibees1973
01-04-2023, 04:16 PM
When Marshall was signed I would never expected him to perform like this, even in 1 game.

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2023, 04:17 PM
But Marshall has good distribution :faf:

Donegal Hibby
01-04-2023, 04:21 PM
Two excellently taken freekicks and a penalty and now it's all Marshall's fault . Deary me another melt down . :rolleyes:

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:22 PM
Two excellently taken freekicks and a penalty and now it's all Marshall's fault . Deary me another melted down . :rolleyes:

Wow. :faf:

That’s some take.

Smartie
01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Wasn’t there today and I’m not going to defend Marshall’s performance but this “costing us all season” stuff has come out of nowhere.

He’s made saves along the way and largely been praised for his distribution. Sure, he’s going through a dip in form but I’m not sure I’d be writing off someone with his track record after a bad month any more than we should a manager whose side is going through a dip or a striker whose goals have dried up.

AL-Qaholik
01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Two excellently taken freekicks and a penalty and now it's all Marshall's fault . Deary me another melted down . :rolleyes:

Exquisite April Fool’s. Well played.

LaMotta
01-04-2023, 04:24 PM

Marshall's made more mistakes in the last few months than Marciano did in 5 years at Hibs.

Diclonius
01-04-2023, 04:25 PM
What is Marciano up to just now?

Hibees1973
01-04-2023, 04:26 PM
What is Marciano up to just now?

Warming his erse on the bench at Feyenoord.

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Wasn’t there today and I’m not going to defend Marshall’s performance but this “costing us all season” stuff has come out of nowhere.

He’s made saves along the way and largely been praised for his distribution. Sure, he’s going through a dip in form but I’m not sure I’d be writing off someone with his track record after a bad month any more than we should a manager whose side is going through a dip or a striker whose goals have dried up.

He’s cost us numerous times throughout the season. It’s been raised quite a few times throughout the season and definitely isn’t something based on a bad month.

Smartie
01-04-2023, 04:29 PM
Marshall's made more mistakes in the last few months than Marciano did in 5 years at Hibs.

Marciano was a good keeper and not one I’m really minded to criticise, but as good as he was he still managed to lose his place to Laidlaw and Bogdan at different times.

And as for that shank / slice of his…

tamig
01-04-2023, 04:35 PM

Marciano is not that guy. What a rubbish thread.

cameronw-hfc
01-04-2023, 04:35 PM
Marciano was a good keeper and not one I’m really minded to criticise, but as good as he was he still managed to lose his place to Laidlaw and Bogdan at different times.

He was also at Hibs for 5 years so much more likely to have the odd dip in form compared to someone who's not even been here a season and is yet to give us a run of good games.

A lot were calling Marshall out at the start of the season, I didn't buy it at first but since the new years it's almost every week

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 04:36 PM

Yes, he is.

Best keeper we’ve had in 25 years.

cameronw-hfc
01-04-2023, 04:36 PM

Rocky made mistakes, but there were also times he would get us points with the saves he made, much more often than his errors. Marshall hasn't done the latter yet for us.

MWHIBBIES
01-04-2023, 04:39 PM

When did he lose his place to Bogdan? He was injured.

Playing Laidlaw instead cost us a league cup semi.

raeburnhibs
01-04-2023, 04:41 PM
had a good angle on the second free kick goal; right behind it in the East. I might be wrong, but it really didn't look like it was in the corner and it was on Marshall's side. Should have saved the Pen too, but I'lll give him the benefit on that one

cameronw-hfc
01-04-2023, 04:43 PM
had a good angle on the second free kick goal; right behind it in the East. I might be wrong, but it really didn't look like it was in the corner and it was on Marshall's side. Should have saved the Pen too, but I'lll give him the benefit on that one

Looks like he steps to the wall side just before it's taken. Criminal mistake, textbook stuff. I'm teaching the 10 year olds team keeper to set his wall and trust it. Common error but one someone as experienced shouldn't make.

Iain G
01-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Rather have Bogdan, much better keeper

Smartie
01-04-2023, 04:47 PM

I thought he was better as well, once he got up to speed.

Pretty sure I remember him being a bit rusty when he came in from the cold once but when he got a run in the team he was excellent.

Donegal Hibby
01-04-2023, 04:49 PM

That’s some take.

Marshall’s performance certainly was, yet again.
Your take on it is just as good btw 😉 . What did he do wrong today genuine question ❓

SaulGoodman
01-04-2023, 04:50 PM
Two excellently taken freekicks and a penalty and now it's all Marshall's fault . Deary me another melt down . :rolleyes:

Let’s not forget he gave away the penalty in the first place. Also the pen and the second free kick were practically pass backs.

BoomtownHibees
01-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Your take on it is just as good btw 😉 . What did he do wrong today genuine question ❓

Surely that’s no a genuine question?

Pretty Boy
01-04-2023, 04:54 PM
Marciano isn't the answer but neither is Marshall.

I said it a few weeks back. It's not like when we signed someone like Leighton who was past his absolute best but still worth multiple points a season to us. Marshall is both past his best and just a pretty poor keeper now.

He's slowed up, he's hesitant and that manifests itself in the poor decision making when coming of his line. Not coming when he should like against Hearts (twice) or flying out today when there is absolutely no need.

For all he's a time wasting clown compare Kelly to Marshall today. The former wa solid throughout, the defence looked comfortable around him and with a few minutes to go he comes 12-15 yards of his line and claims a cross among bodies with minimal fuss to relieve so much pressure. The defence celebrated that with him like he had scored.

cameronw-hfc
01-04-2023, 04:56 PM
Marciano isn't the answer but neither is Marshall.

I said it a few weeks back. It's not like when we signed someone like Leighton who was past his absolute best but still worth multiple points a season to us. Marshall is both past his best and just a pretty poor keeper now.

He's slowed up, he's hesitant and that manifests itself in the poor decision making when coming of his line. Not coming when he should like against Hearts (twice) or flying out today when there is absolutely no need.

For all he's a time wasting clown compare Kelly to Marshall today. The former wa solid throughout, the defence looked comfortable around him and with a few minutes to go he comes 12-15 yards of his line and claims a cross among bodies with minimal fuss to relieve so much pressure. The defence celebrated that with him like he had scored.

Kelly is decent but couldn't catch a cold. Spills everything, does get to quite a lot though.

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 05:00 PM

I genuinely don’t mean to sound as rude as this is probably going to come across but.. are you being serious? You can’t see anything wrong with Marshall today?

Pretty Boy
01-04-2023, 05:01 PM
Kelly is decent but couldn't catch a cold. Spills everything, does get to quite a lot though.

I wouldn't really want us to sign Kelly, he's no solution either.

I just think you could see which defence were comfortable with their keeper today and who wasn't.

raeburnhibs
01-04-2023, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't really want us to sign Kelly, he's no solution either.

I just think you could see which defence were comfortable with their keeper today and who wasn't.

Marshall was ****, but frankly so were pretty much the entire team including the rest of the defence, the better, hungrier more cohesive team won today

Tully
01-04-2023, 05:07 PM

That’s some take.

Marshall was terrible

Carheenlea
01-04-2023, 05:07 PM
Marshall’s anger by taking it out on the post after letting the ball slip under him at least suggests he’s equally frustrated as we are that goals are being conceded which may wouldn’t have when he was younger in years.

Experience is one thing, but unlike an older head outfield there is absolutely no hiding place for a goalkeeper who is still tasked with making the saves and the athleticism and physicality that goes with that.

He still makes some fine saves, but just not quite as many as he once did. It’s always a shame to see players struggle with form as they try and stretch their careers, and I’m sure David Marshall will have his head in his hands in horror when he looks back on not only the penalty but the kamikaze challenge to conceded the thing in the first place.

Since452
01-04-2023, 05:14 PM

That just isn't true.

Since452
01-04-2023, 05:14 PM

And Maxwell

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 05:16 PM
That just isn't true.

It might not be true but it’s not far off it. He’s had a horror season.

Criswell
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
If Marshall was injured who do we have as a replacement? Whoever it is get him in now!

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
If Marshall was injured who do we have as a replacement? Whoever it is get him in now!

Inexplicably we only have Murray Johnson who isn’t ready for first team football.

LewysGot2
01-04-2023, 05:23 PM
So disappointing today. Actually had a brilliant game two weeks ago at Celtic Park only to turn in a performance like that today. Worst bit is it was the basics...

That said...Hearts saw Marshall today and raised us a Zander. His antics at Doidgeys winning goal were keystone cop level...

Donegal Hibby
01-04-2023, 05:24 PM
I genuinely don’t mean to sound as rude as this is probably going to come across but.. are you being serious? You can’t see anything wrong with Marshall today?
First goal S90+2 is perfectly placed and I don't think any keeper is saving that . 2nd one ( penalty) he's came out and yeah he's given a penalty a way and was unfortunate it went underneath , 3rd another freekick that looked like a powerful freekick that was well placed though I've only seen it once to be honest with you.

I think Marshall is a good keeper that made a mistake in giving a penalty away but that's all he did wrong imo. I'm certainly not going to crucify the guy for it either . It's only a couple of weeks ago we played Celtic and Marshall made a few good saves and the team played well . Today everyone under performed and we lost though not being rude here when that happens there does seem to be a need to blame someone for it , so far it's Marshall , LJ , JDH I've noticed are the culprits so far but there will be more before the days out . No disrespect btw mate 👍

Northernhibee
01-04-2023, 05:25 PM

Second choice at Ferencvaros, and don't think he was the same player he was before.

Trinity Hibee
01-04-2023, 05:25 PM
First goal S90+2 is perfectly placed and I don't think any keeper is saving that . 2nd one ( penalty) he's came out and yeah he's given a penalty a way and was unfortunate it went underneath , 3rd another freekick that looked like a powerful freekick that was well placed though I've only seen it once to be honest with you.

I think Marshall is a good keeper that made a mistake in giving a penalty away but that's all he did wrong imo. I'm certainly not going to crucify the guy for it either . It's only a couple of weeks ago we played Celtic and Marshall made a few good saves and the team played well . Today everyone under performed and we lost though not being rude here when that happens there does seem to be a need to blame someone for it , so far it's Marshall , LJ , JDH I've noticed are the culprits so far but there will be more before the days out . No disrespect btw mate 👍

Powerful!? Wow. The 3rd goal was a disgrace for any keeper to lose. Didn’t move his feet at all and it went in at his side

Criswell
01-04-2023, 05:26 PM
Inexplicably we only have Murray Johnson who isn’t ready for first team football.

That is unbelievable!

T

BoomtownHibees
01-04-2023, 05:26 PM

He was poor at the second free kick and had a brain fart when giving the penalty away. You shouldn’t ever ‘expect’ a goalie to save a penalty but when it’s as bad as the one today, you’ve got to expect better

LewysGot2
01-04-2023, 05:30 PM
Powerful!? Wow. The 3rd goal was a disgrace for any keeper to lose. Didn’t move his feet at all and it went in at his side

It was definitely not powerful and on the keepers side. He didn't move feet on more than one occasion and 2nd and 3rd goals went in the same side without too much power or zip. Basics let him down

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 05:30 PM

The first free kick was a screamer, nothing Marshall could do about that.

If you watch the penalty back, quite why he’s even out there is anyone’s guess. There’s numerous defenders in the box, the player would be doing very well to score from the opportunity he had. It’s really bad decision making tbh. I actually didn’t even see the ball squirm under him but the concession of the penalty was bad enough.

The third thought was terrible imo. It’s on his side, imo it had little power in the grand scheme of things and wasn’t in the corner. There’s no way it should be beating him.

hibby rae
01-04-2023, 06:01 PM
Let’s not forget he gave away the penalty in the first place. Also the pen and the second free kick were practically pass backs.

Tbf the outfield players sold him down the river for conceding the pen, they were a shambles during that moment of play.

I also had a great view of the 2nd freekick and, whilst he might have been at fault taking a step the other way, it was well-struck and curved right in. No guarantee he would have got it, also think unlucky for the pen, slightly less power and he's fully behind it when contact is made

LaMotta
01-04-2023, 06:21 PM
That just isn't true.

I think it is. He's certainly made far more mistakes in a short space of time than Marciano ever did.

I was of course making a point to Billy who couldn't ever trust Marciano because apparently he was very error prone. Further evidence today however thst Marciano was a lot better than some people made out, because all keepers make errors.

LaMotta
01-04-2023, 06:27 PM
And Maxwell

Yeah and that was an absolutely ludicrous decsion from Heckingbottom that did nothing to help keep him in the Hibs job

SaulGoodman
01-04-2023, 06:28 PM
Tbf the outfield players sold him down the river for conceding the pen, they were a shambles during that moment of play.

I also had a great view of the 2nd freekick and, whilst he might have been at fault taking a step the other way, it was well-struck and curved right in. No guarantee he would have got it, also think unlucky for the pen, slightly less power and he's fully behind it when contact is made

Any less power on the penalty and the ball would’ve went backwards :greengrin

Allant1981
01-04-2023, 06:34 PM

Didn't spill one single ball he came for today

gaz1875
01-04-2023, 07:30 PM

The defence were terrible but he's there to make saves, and he doesn't make enough. He also has a habit of making an error at a crucial time in the game. By error I mean giving away penalties, not saving 2 penalties that he dived over, chucking one in the net, poor clearances, getting boxed in at corners, giving the ball to players that are marked All these things for an experienced keeper are costing us.

JohnM1875
01-04-2023, 07:35 PM

Nah, he's ***** apparently 😂😂

Stubbsy90+2
01-04-2023, 09:18 PM
Nah, he's ***** apparently 😂😂

Worse than Tony Caig :agree:

Since452
02-04-2023, 05:51 PM
**** it bring him back. Omeonga, Oli Shaw, Efe Ambrose, McGeouch as well. Get Lenny in as manager. We'll bring back the good times.

jacomo
03-04-2023, 08:46 PM

I do wonder what you see when you watch football.

Inconsistent isn’t anywhere near the list of adjectives I’d use to describe Rocky. You pretty much knew what you were getting every week: good shot stopping, not so good distribution.

Stubbsy90+2
03-04-2023, 09:21 PM
I do wonder what you see when you watch football.

Inconsistent isn’t anywhere near the list of adjectives I’d use to describe Rocky. You pretty much knew what you were getting every week: good shot stopping, not so good distribution.

:agree:

Someone listed a list of Rockys mistakes in his time at Hibs. It was about 7 or 8 goals long. He was here 5 years.

You can already list that for Marshall after 3/4 of a season.

Marciano was as consistent as they come at this level.

JohnM1875
03-04-2023, 09:30 PM
Free agent in the summer and him and his family love Edinburgh...

Donegal Hibby
03-04-2023, 09:44 PM
Free agent in the summer and him and his family love Edinburgh...
There's a few ex- hibby's coming out of contract and one I can't stand .
https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/5-ex-hibs-players-out-26624078

tonyrougier123
04-04-2023, 01:13 AM
:agree:

Someone listed a list of Rockys mistakes in his time at Hibs. It was about 7 or 8 goals long. He was here 5 years.

You can already list that for Marshall after 3/4 of a season.

Marciano was as consistent as they come at this level.

Loved rocky btw.
But in slight defence of Marshall,I think the slaver has a real disregard for any type of defensive set up. And his signings and ours in defence in general leave a lot to be desired. That ultimately leads to more pressure on your keeper.

Sort the defence stop conceding so many stupid penalties and free kicks with a free shot on goal and maybe the keepers will have a fighting chance of keeping the ball out the net.

Haymaker
04-04-2023, 02:24 AM
**** it bring him back. Omeonga, Oli Shaw, Efe Ambrose, McGeouch as well. Get Lenny in as manager. We'll bring back the good times.Firm agree. Bring back Griffiths as well while we are at it.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk