28-03-2023, 04:21 PM
No gripe with any of the 11 players, not a lot of width though

Could be Tavares big chance :agree:

PHeffernan
28-03-2023, 04:22 PM
Any word on Fish injury?

Would be happy with that line up.

He's not injured.
Hibs put out something through McPartland last week to say he wasn't injured.
Must have just been a painful impact knock.

PHeffernan
28-03-2023, 04:24 PM
No gripe with any of the 11 players, not a lot of width though

We need to win so need to take the game to them and for that reason I can see a place in the team for Cadden.

scoopyboy
28-03-2023, 04:28 PM
We need to win so need to take the game to them and for that reason I can see a place in the team for Cadden.

Me too

Tambo
28-03-2023, 04:38 PM
A few selection headaches for LJ for Saturdays game.

I expect us to return to a back 4 and I think Miller will keep his place, not seen anything about fish yet.

Joe Newell back in contention and I also expect Nisbet to start.

Marshall

Miller
Fish(if fit)
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan-Riley
Campbell

Myko
Hoppe
Nisbet

This forward line would be interchangeable but like flash's team it does lack width as I don't really see either of these forwards as wide players so would need a really good shift from both rb and lb.

There is always Henderson or McKirdy, even Jair 😃

Bbc alba 6pm and we do have a good record this season on alba 👍

Just remembered the Derby ar tiny was shown so apologies, I only thought of aberdeen 6-0 and the recent Livingston game.

B.H.F.C
28-03-2023, 05:09 PM
Marshall

CJ
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Jeggo
JDH
Campbell
Cabraja

Myko
Nisbet

Lack of players to play wide so I think we’ll go to a back three.

Possibly Cadden instead of Miller as we’d be playing wing backs instead of full backs.

Tambo
28-03-2023, 05:22 PM
Marshall

CJ
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Jeggo
JDH
Campbell
Cabraja

Myko
Nisbet

Lack of players to play wide so I think we’ll go to a back three.

Possibly Cadden instead of Miller as we’d be playing wing backs instead of full backs.

Good shout also.

Cod Boy
28-03-2023, 05:36 PM
Would like to see miller and Cadden on the right

Donegal Hibby
28-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Marshall.

Miller .
Fish.
Hanlon .
Stevenson.

Cadden.
Jeggo .
Campbell.
JDH .

Nisbet.
Hoppe .

JimBHibees
29-03-2023, 06:45 AM
He's not injured.
Hibs put out something through McPartland last week to say he wasn't injured.
Must have just been a painful impact knock.

Good to hear

JammyDoidger
29-03-2023, 04:11 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan Riley

Cadden
Campbell
Hoppe

Nisbet

Gmack7
29-03-2023, 07:24 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan Riley

Cadden
Campbell
Hoppe

Nisbet

I think we need at least one more offensive player maybe Myko up top with Nisbet

Tyler Durden
29-03-2023, 08:07 PM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan Riley

Cadden
Campbell
Hoppe

Nisbet

I think this is the team but Henderson in for Cadden

I don’t think Cadden can play wide in a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1. Often the wide player will receive the ball with their back to goal. Cadden is pretty limited to playing with the game ahead of him. I think he starts at RB or not at all

Cod Boy
29-03-2023, 08:18 PM
If fit Joe newell will start

CB Hibs 68
29-03-2023, 08:54 PM

I don’t think Cadden can play wide in a 4-3-3 / 4-2-3-1. Often the wide player will receive the ball with their back to goal. Cadden is pretty limited to playing with the game ahead of him. I think he starts at RB or not at all

All entitled to our opinions but honestly Henderson over Cadden.Simply don’t see what Henderson offers.Might be missing something but please explain what Henderson’s contribution is.Not looking for an argument but Henderson for me offers little..

Donegal Hibby
29-03-2023, 09:05 PM

Cadden is a right - sided player , Henderson plays on the left or in the centre .Cadden can play RB though I think he's more effective RM . His strengths are attacking , crossing and he's a creative player , he's a much better player than Henderson too .

MrRobot
29-03-2023, 09:07 PM
Could be Tavares big chance :agree:

Notice he didn’t play for the development team so could well be getting his chance.

Donegal Hibby
29-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Notice he didn’t play for the development team so could well be getting his chance.
Losing Youan on the left side is a massive blow and it would be a brave call to put Tavares in on such a big game at this stage and I'm not sure we will play him tbh . Our last game against Celtic we played two holding midfielder's ( Jeggo & Egan Riley ) , this is a totally different game , will we go with two holding midfielder's against Motherwell at home? I'm again not sure on this either though with our midfield all playing well and Newell back from injury , LJ has a hard task picking the midfield this weekend.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/lee-johnson-facing-hibs-midfield-selection-dilemma-as-key-players-return-to-fitness-4084484

Partyraiser
29-03-2023, 11:27 PM
Any word on Fish injury?

From what I've heard he got a bad dead leg/bruised hip but was on stand by for the England u20s so should be fit

Unseen work
30-03-2023, 06:39 AM
This is sometimes where it gets more tricky as a manager when you’ve more options.

Miller and JDH started against Celtic and done really well whilst CJ, Jeggo and Cadden have been mainstays in the team.

Youan out is a huge miss but we also have Nisbet, Myko and McKirdy back.

Cabraja and Stevenson both started on the left.

I hope we don’t start completely changing formations etc to make players fit but I could see something like;

………………………Marshall………….

………..CJ………….Fish………….Hanlon……

Cadden…….Jeggo……JDH……….Stevenson…….

………………………Campbell…….

………………Nisbet……….Kuharevych…….

Would be very harsh on a few players with some maybe lucky to start. Also doesn’t include Hoppe who Johnson seems to like for his pace/threat in behind.

Or

………………….Marshall………

Miller…..Fish…….Hanlon…….Cabraja…….

……….…….CJ…………Jeggo…..

McKirdy………Campbell……Hoppe……

……………………Nisbet…….

Loads of options for Johnson. I’m finding it difficult to see him not starting Newell or JDH though if fit however CJ and Jeggo don’t deserve to be dropped imo. McKirdy offers something on the right no one else does and even Henderson could play there as he was doing well until the rangers game.

Can’t see Tavares getting chucked in for a start out the blue, maybe minutes from the bench

Nicho87
30-03-2023, 07:13 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson

CJ
Jeggo

Cadden
Campbell
Hoppe

Nisbet

Tyler Durden
30-03-2023, 07:29 AM
All entitled to our opinions but honestly Henderson over Cadden.Simply don’t see what Henderson offers.Might be missing something but please explain what Henderson’s contribution is.Not looking for an argument but Henderson for me offers little..

I'm not saying I'd play Henderson personally, I think that will be the team that LJ picks

No way will Cadden play in a midfield role. He can play RB or RWB if we play a back 3. He can't play in a 4-3-3 type formation. Henderson has played that role already multiple times.

Tyler Durden
30-03-2023, 07:35 AM
Cadden is a right - sided player , Henderson plays on the left or in the centre .Cadden can play RB though I think he's more effective RM . His strengths are attacking , crossing and he's a creative player , he's a much better player than Henderson too .

Henderson has played on the right plenty of times. I'm not suggesting he's brilliant, just that it's likely the coach picks him with Youan unavailable.

You think Cadden is more effective at right midfield? He has played as a right midfielder in front of a back 4 a grand total of once this season - at Tynecastle. It was abandoned at half time.

Being a decent attacking full back is not the same as playing as effectively a wide forward in the formation LJ favours.

JohnM1875
30-03-2023, 07:37 AM
Henderson has played on the right plenty of times. I'm not suggesting he's brilliant, just that it's likely the coach picks him with Youan unavailable.

You think Cadden is more effective at right midfield? He has played as a right midfielder in front of a back 4 a grand total of once this season - at Tynecastle. It was abandoned at half time.

Being a decent attacking full back is not the same as playing as effectively a wide forward in the formation LJ favours.

Totally agree about Cadden. So many folk, a few mates included, seem to think Cadden will be better as a right mid/winger and for me, he just isn't.

He's a right back or wing back, and after the Celtic display Miller deserves to keep his place for me.

Dashing Bob S
30-03-2023, 08:44 AM
Any word on Fish injury?

They say he took a serious battering.

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 10:03 AM

Henderson, your right isn't brilliant , Motherwell are a fairly big physical team and Henderson is slow as hell with the heart of a chicken when it comes to a tackle and apart from a very odd good game most of the time you wouldn't know he was even on the park. Not wanting a argument btw but you said in a previous post you'd put Henderson in the team instead of Cadden now your saying the coach is likely to pick him with Youan unavailable, Youan has played centre forward or mainly on the left side , both positions Cadden does not play. Your right though we might pick him to play on the left with Youan out , that is a possibility as we don't have many other options but I can't see us dropping Cadden on the right for a inferior player !

I do think Cadden is more effective as a RM , his attacking runs down the right side stretch defence's and he's more than capable of beating a man , he's also puts in good crosses and in a article I read he was Hibs third most creative player. I don't mind Cadden as a RB though it worries me when we play the old firm as he likes to push forward which leaves to much space for the quality forwards the old firm have ( like Huns at ER when I thought sakala was MOTM because he was getting so much time and space down the right side).

Cadden was no way responsible for what happened at tiny btw , Fish made a mistake playing RB , a penalty for a unintentional handball when there are two hertz players offside though first half we were poor and hertz the better team , 2nd half we were the better team but couldn't score . There was a passage of play were Cadden gets the ball and drives forward with it , skinning Cochrane in the process before setting up Kyle Magennis with only the keeper to beat , sadly he doesn't. That's what Cadden is best at driving forward with the ball down the right side, I see Cadden more as a RM than a RB . Cadden for me is a quality player who I'd have in my team most weeks , Henderson has been really disappointing and imo a very poor player . No comparison between the two really!

flash
30-03-2023, 10:14 AM
Henderson, your right isn't brilliant , Motherwell are a fairly big physical team and Henderson is slow as hell with the heart of a chicken when it comes to a tackle and apart from a very odd good game most of the time you wouldn't know he was even on the park.

I hate personal stuff like this. It lacks class.

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 10:23 AM
I hate personal stuff like this. It lacks class.
Fair enough , I will rephrase it Ewan Henderson is a absolute quality player , very fast , loves a tackle and will probably go on to play for one the top club's in Europe , happy ?

Pretty Boy
30-03-2023, 10:42 AM
With Youan out, McGeady out and it perhaps not being a game to chuck a youngster into I might be tempted to go 352.

Marshall

Egan Riley
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Campbell
Jeggo
Doyle Hayes
Stevenson

Nisbet
Myko

Tyler Durden
30-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Henderson, your right isn't brilliant , Motherwell are a fairly big physical team and Henderson is slow as hell with the heart of a chicken when it comes to a tackle and apart from a very odd good game most of the time you wouldn't know he was even on the park. Not wanting a argument btw but you said in a previous post you'd put Henderson in the team instead of Cadden now your saying the coach is likely to pick him with Youan unavailable, Youan has played centre forward or mainly on the left side , both positions Cadden does not play. Your right though we might pick him to play on the left with Youan out , that is a possibility as we don't have many other options but I can't see us dropping Cadden on the right for a inferior player !

I do think Cadden is more effective as a RM , his attacking runs down the right side stretch defence's and he's more than capable of beating a man , he's also puts in good crosses and in a article I read he was Hibs third most creative player. I don't mind Cadden as a RB though it worries me when we play the old firm as he likes to push forward which leaves to much space for the quality forwards the old firm have ( like Huns at ER when I thought sakala was MOTM because he was getting so much time and space down the right side).

Cadden was no way responsible for what happened at tiny btw , Fish made a mistake playing RB , a penalty for a unintentional handball when there are two hertz players offside though first half we were poor and hertz the better team , 2nd half we were the better team but couldn't score . There was a passage of play were Cadden gets the ball and drives forward with it , skinning Cochrane in the process before setting up Kyle Magennis with only the keeper to beat , sadly he doesn't. That's what Cadden is best at driving forward with the ball down the right side, I see Cadden more as a RM than a RB . Cadden for me is a quality player who I'd have in my team most weeks , Henderson has been really disappointing and imo a very poor player . No comparison between the two really!

I think you need to take a bit more time to read and follow posts.

* Some people on a "Team for Saturday" thread pick the team they'd like to see. Others list the team they think the manager will pick. I've clarified that I was suggesting the team that I think LJ will pick. Not hard to follow.

* In our 3 games prior to playing Celtic we started with a 4-3-3 type formation. In each of those games Henderson started on the right of midfield

* Cadden hasn't played right midfield so we wouldn't be "dropping him". He didn't start the last game either.

* How can you think Cadden is more effective as a right midfielder, when he hasn't actually played there? The chance that he created at Tynecastle that you reference.....that came when he was playing as a right back.

Gmack7
30-03-2023, 11:57 AM
With Youan out, McGeady out and it perhaps not being a game to chuck a youngster into I might be tempted to go 352.

Marshall

Egan Riley
Fish
Hanlon

Miller
Campbell
Jeggo
Doyle Hayes
Stevenson

Nisbet
Myko

Maybe Newall in a more advanced role in for Jeggo, but I like the idea of both Nisbet and Myko playing up top

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 12:03 PM
I think you need to take a bit more time to read and follow posts.

* Some people on a "Team for Saturday" thread pick the team they'd like to see. Others list the team they think the manager will pick. I've clarified that I was suggesting the team that I think LJ will pick. Not hard to follow.

* In our 3 games prior to playing Celtic we started with a 4-3-3 type formation. In each of those games Henderson started on the right of midfield

* Cadden hasn't played right midfield so we wouldn't be "dropping him". He didn't start the last game either.

* How can you think Cadden is more effective as a right midfielder, when he hasn't actually played there? The chance that he created at Tynecastle that you reference.....that came when he was playing as a right back.
For me Cadden could play anywhere down the right side and going into a game at home against Motherwell that we should be dominating and need to be creating chance's in I'd rather see Cadden in at RM than Henderson even if he hasn't played there a lot . Our 3 main creative players going by a article I read are 1 Boyle , 2 Youan and 3 Cadden . Two of these are out and dropping the third one doesn't make sense imo specially for a slower player that doesn't create much or like a tackle .
Cadden didn't start the last game because he's a attacking player and our tactics were defensive with two holding midfielder's and a proper right back cause we were playing Celtic. We have Motherwell at home so we will be more attacking and Cadden gives us more attacking threat than Henderson.

Henderson has started the 3 previous games to the Celtic one . Rangers one he gave Cadden no help at all in and don't really remember him in it to fair , the other two games were Livingston and killie which we scored 6 goals in and not a single assist did Henderson have in any of them in fact all 3 games he was substituted in . I'm not looking for a argument or in anyway having a go at you btw and maybe Henderson will play though for me he's a very limited player compared to Cadden who I rate . I think Hibs know this which is why we accepted a loan deal for him in January and he's one I'd expect us to move on in the summer . Anyhow we are going around in circles with this so I'll leave it at that .

Hibs3-2
30-03-2023, 12:05 PM
Marshall

Miller/Cadden
CJ
Fish
Hanlon
Stevenson/Cabreja

Jeggo
Campbell
JDH/Newell

Myko
Nisbet

Reckon we’ll go 3-5-2 as we dont really have anyone to play wide left. Even within that 3-5-2 there are decisions LJ has to choose.

I think myko and nisbet would work well together. How we fit youan into this when hes back, i dont know. Would like us to go 4-2-4/4-4-2 next season with youan myko nisbet and boyle front 4 but also as 2 wingers

B.H.F.C
30-03-2023, 01:28 PM

Cadden is good at getting up and down the park and running from deep. Totally different to playing on the right of midfield, getting the ball with a full back tight to you, facing away from goal. His strengths aren’t suited to playing further up the park for me.

RossScott1991
30-03-2023, 01:29 PM
Still not sold on JDH.

I would like us to avoid reverting back to JDH, Campbell and Newell playing together if possible.

I haven’t forgotten how useless we have been when they are the midfield 3

Onceinawhile
30-03-2023, 01:31 PM
What's up with Youan?

I'd like to see us go:

Marsh

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Campbell
Egan-Reilly

Mcintyre
Nisbet
Hoppe

Fergus52
30-03-2023, 02:06 PM
Still not sold on JDH.

I would like us to avoid reverting back to JDH, Campbell and Newell playing together if possible.

I haven’t forgotten how useless we have been when they are the midfield 3

It was useless under Maloney but honestly think it could work in Johnson's more attacking 433.

Its a mute point thought because barring injury Jeggo will be starting as our 6 until the end of the season.

Garymcl
30-03-2023, 02:17 PM
We need to play our most attacking team we need to beat Motherwell draw no good let’s just turn up in big numbers and get right behind the team from the start :flag:

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Cadden is good at getting up and down the park and running from deep. Totally different to playing on the right of midfield, getting the ball with a full back tight to you, facing away from goal. His strengths aren’t suited to playing further up the park for me.
Cadden is better going up the park than down it imo and I think he could cause Motherwell far more trouble playing as a RM than Henderson . As to getting the ball with a fullback tight to him he's got the pace , drive and quality to beat a full back imo . His strengths are running / driving forward with the ball , he also puts some really good crosses into the box . Most of caddens good play comes either outside on the right of the opposition box or when he's driving into it from the right side, like the goal he got at Livingston or in the game at tiny were he absolutely skins Cochrane . All of caddens best play comes in the opposition half imo. Anyhow I still think he'd be a better option than Henderson who's slow and not as creative or as productive as Cadden . That's my take on it anyhow. Training pictures of the team here .

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-training-gallery-key-men-go-through-paces-ahead-of-motherwell-clash-4085894

snedzuk
30-03-2023, 03:08 PM
What's up with Youan?

Suspended for his outrageously dangerous violent kick in the head of Carter Vickers at Parkhead!!

Fergus52
30-03-2023, 03:15 PM
Cadden is better going up the park than down it imo and I think he could cause Motherwell far more trouble playing as a RM than Henderson . As to getting the ball with a fullback tight to him he's got the pace , drive and quality to beat a full back imo . His strengths are running / driving forward with the ball , he also puts some really good crosses into the box . Most of caddens good play comes either outside on the right of the opposition box or when he's driving into it from the right side, like the goal he got at Livingston or in the game at tiny were he absolutely skins Cochrane . All of caddens best play comes in the opposition half imo. Anyhow I still think he'd be a better option than Henderson who's slow and not as creative or as productive as Cadden . That's my take on it anyhow. Training pictures of the team here .

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-training-gallery-key-men-go-through-paces-ahead-of-motherwell-clash-4085894

You're watching a different player from me.

He has a good engine to get up and down the line from wing back or full back, and usually puts in a decent cross.

He's fast when he has space to get up to speed running in a straight line, but his acceleration on the turn or from a stop start is pretty poor imo. I don't think he's got the turn of pace, agility, trickery or technical ability to play out wide for us imo, especially in Johnsons system where the wingers are very attacking. He could probably do it in an old school 442.

There's a reason we've hardly ever seen him play as a winger in his time at hibs.

Brightside
30-03-2023, 03:16 PM
Losing Youan on the left side is a massive blow and it would be a brave call to put Tavares in on such a big game at this stage and I'm not sure we will play him tbh . Our last game against Celtic we played two holding midfielder's ( Jeggo & Egan Riley ) , this is a totally different game , will we go with two holding midfielder's against Motherwell at home? I'm again not sure on this either though with our midfield all playing well and Newell back from injury , LJ has a hard task picking the midfield this weekend.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/lee-johnson-facing-hibs-midfield-selection-dilemma-as-key-players-return-to-fitness-4084484

Have we not played the 4231 for the vast majority of games since the Jan window or so?

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 04:32 PM
You're watching a different player from me.

He has a good engine to get up and down the line from wing back or full back, and usually puts in a decent cross.

He's fast when he has space to get up to speed running in a straight line, but his acceleration on the turn or from a stop start is pretty poor imo. I don't think he's got the turn of pace, agility, trickery or technical ability to play out wide for us imo, especially in Johnsons system where the wingers are very attacking. He could probably do it in an old school 442.

There's a reason we've hardly ever seen him play as a winger in his time at hibs.
Maybe I am watching a different player to you . I genuinely believe he could play RM for us . You say you don't think he's got a turn of pace , agility, trickery or technical ability to play out wide imo he has more of the first 3 than Henderson has . This all came about by somebody putting up a team with Cadden in RM and then other poster said he'd swap Cadden for Henderson which I don't get as Henderson offers very little to the team and if we are relying on him to create and have assists we are in trouble . Really not wanting a argument about this though I just don't rate Henderson the way some of you do .

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 04:47 PM
Have we not played the 4231 for the vast majority of games since the Jan window or so?
Yes we have played 4231 for a lot of our games though we went more defensive on it cause we were playing Celtic who have top quality attacking players that can hurt you more than the likes of Kilmarnock or Livingston which is why Cadden didn't play and did against killie and Livingston imo . We don't have to be as defensive against Motherwell at home as we were against Celtic at parkhead ( least I hope not ) which is why I'd play Cadden who is arguably our most creative player that's available for selection.

Tyler Durden
30-03-2023, 04:56 PM
Maybe I am watching a different player to you . I genuinely believe he could play RM for us . You say you don't think he's got a turn of pace , agility, trickery or technical ability to play out wide imo he has more of the first 3 than Henderson has . This all came about by somebody putting up a team with Cadden in RM and then other poster said he'd swap Cadden for Henderson which I don't get as Henderson offers very little to the team and if we are relying on him to create and have assists we are in trouble . Really not wanting a argument about this though I just don't rate Henderson the way some of you do .

It’s nothing to do with Henderson.

People are explaining to you why Cadden does not play wide right.

Tambo
30-03-2023, 06:12 PM

These stats are from the website footystats.org only gives you 4 different categories.

Henderson

0.09 goals per 90
0.28 Assists per 90
0.37 G + A per 90
0.12 xG per 90

Cadden

0.04 goals per 90
0.08 Assists per 90
0.12 G + A per 90
0.05 xG per 90

This website could be completely wrong though as another website has Cadden for 3 Assists in the league while another has 2.

Yes both play in different positions so you would expect Henderson to have higher stats even though this website says Henderson has played 6 games less than Cadden.

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 06:21 PM

For me it's got everything to do with Henderson as it was initially implied to drop Cadden for Henderson, a player imo who's slower , less agile , weak in a physical game (which Saturday's will be imo) and has offered far less than creativity or end product than the one that they want dropped.What you mean Cadden doesn't play wide right , he's attacking RB or RWB , were else does he play but wide right.

People are trying to say Cadden can't play RM which I'm not so sure he can't . I seem to remember LJ getting lots of stick on here for playing Porto in midfield as they thought he couldn't play in there either even though at the time it made perfect sense as Porto use to drive forward with the ball and that's what we lacked in midfield at the time which is why I'd put Cadden in ahead of Henderson .

Even though I rate Cadden highly that's not our only option we could put Mckirdy in there . We are going to miss youan's pace and creativity enough without putting our next best player for pace and creativity on the bench for one that's not really offered a lot . I'd definitely think Cadden should be in the team . Maybe Henderson will play RM or with Youan out on the left though since he's been at us he only hits a odd good game and mostly he's been extremely poor. Some of you have the opinion Cadden can't play RM and that's fair enough , i think he can . Some want Henderson instead of Cadden cause he can play there , I've seen him there more often playing poorly so we will leave it at that . No disrespect btw TD . We article on LJ team selection problems we've been debating all day :greengrin.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/how-hibs-can-cope-without-suspended-elie-youan-against-motherwell-tactics-personnel-game-plan-4084280

Donegal Hibby
30-03-2023, 06:39 PM
These stats are from the website footystats.org only gives you 4 different categories.

Henderson

0.09 goals per 90
0.28 Assists per 90
0.37 G + A per 90
0.12 xG per 90

Cadden

0.04 goals per 90
0.08 Assists per 90
0.12 G + A per 90
0.05 xG per 90

This website could be completely wrong though as another website has Cadden for 3 Assists in the league while another has 2.

Yes both play in different positions so you would expect Henderson to have higher stats even though this website says Henderson has played 6 games less than Cadden.
Your stats are very interesting and might be correct , it's not for me to say there not . I read a article that Cadden was our third most creative player behind Boyle and Youan though maybe they could be wrong as well . I don't normally like being critical on players though I just don't see what Henderson attributes are and what he offers to the team when he plays . I actually don't think he's good enough for hibs and that's why the loan was accepted in January for him . I hope you are all coming back at me on Saturday after he's scored a hattrick and got MOTM though 😂😂👍

J-C
30-03-2023, 06:56 PM

TBF to Donegal Hibby, Cadden played most of his career at RM and was capped by Scotland playing there, he was moved to RB when he went to the states and has played there since coming back, I'm sure he'd slip into RM if needed, he's better going forward than defending.

Tyler Durden
30-03-2023, 07:06 PM
TBF to Donegal Hibby, Cadden played most of his career at RM and was capped by Scotland playing there, he was moved to RB when he went to the states and has played there since coming back, I'm sure he'd slip into RM if needed, he's better going forward than defending.

He played right midfield in a 4-4-2 at times for Motherwell but mainly as a wing back in a 3–5-2

Hibs (like 99% of teams in the world) don’t play an old fashioned 4-4-2. We play with wide forwards. Cadden can’t play those roles. Jack Ross tried it the odd time and he was lost.

Trent Alexander Arnold is good going forward. Liverpool wouldn’t decide to play him as a wide forward.

JimBHibees
30-03-2023, 07:08 PM

Absolutely probably his best position.

Brightside
31-03-2023, 10:12 AM
We played 433 last time v Motherwell. Not sure if we have the players available upfront to do it this time.

I think we may see something like this..

Marsh

ER. Fish. Hanlon. Cabraja

Jeggo

Cadden. Newell. Campbell. Henderson

Niz

I'd rather not play Henderson but we don't have much at the moment on the left side.

Donegal Hibby
31-03-2023, 01:55 PM
Quite like this team btw .
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/predicted-hibs-xi-v-motherwell-with-changes-expected-after-celtic-park-defeat-4087525?page=1

'mon the beers
31-03-2023, 05:27 PM
Lack of width could mean 4-1-2-1-2

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan-Reilly
Newell
Campbell

Nisbet
Myko

Donegal Hibby
01-04-2023, 01:06 AM
Lack of width could mean 4-1-2-1-2

Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

Jeggo
Egan-Reilly
Newell
Campbell

Nisbet
Myko
Missing a lot of quality players that can play wide , no doubt about that though I fear if we play more central we just might play into Motherwell's hands. We have a couple of options on the right that are good imo Mckirdy or Cadden and on the left you could have Henderson or Tavares though Mykola has played a few games as a LW too I think . It's said Cadden can't play as a RM or RW as he's not agile or got pace and even if a LB is tight to him he's lost , this I'm not so sure about.
https://youtu.be/ginrgISp_z4

Tyler Durden
01-04-2023, 07:51 AM
Missing a lot of quality players that can play wide , no doubt about that though I fear if we play more central we just might play into Motherwell's hands. We have a couple of options on the right that are good imo Mckirdy or Cadden and on the left you could have Henderson or Tavares though Mykola has played a few games as a LW too I think . It's said Cadden can't play as a RM or RW as he's not agile or got pace and even if a LB is tight to him he's lost , this I'm not so sure about.
https://youtu.be/ginrgISp_z4

You’ve literally posted a highlight reel of him playing right back and right wing back.

You know, the position he’s played all season.

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-04-2023, 08:37 AM
Marshall

Miller
Fish
Hanlon
Cabraja

CJ
Jeggo

Campbell
Newell
Nisbet

Myko

Brightside
01-04-2023, 09:05 AM
You’ve literally posted a highlight reel of him playing right back and right wing back.

I’m just taking on the McKirdy is a good option out right for us.

Billy Whizz
01-04-2023, 10:40 AM
A win today, and a Hearts defeat would mean we’re right on their shoulders

Donegal Hibby
01-04-2023, 11:57 AM

Yes he has played RB , RWB this season though in the past for Motherwell and Scotland it's been said he has played RM as well and since he's been at Hibs to me he's looked a more offensive than a defensive player . It was said that he couldn't play RM or RW because he lacked pace , agility and if a defender marked him tightly though the reel show's he has pace , agility and it doesn't matter if he's tightly marked he's basically playing like RM or a RW in the reel imo .The reason you gave for him not being able to play there you have since changed to he can't play in certain formations which I don't agree with either . Your not for changing your mind on this and neither am I actually . Problem I have with your choice of Henderson over Cadden , is quite simple Caddens more pace , agility , better crosser , more creative and is better suited to a physical game too . I'm not on about playing Cadden every week as a RM though I think he'd be a good choice now we are struggling for width and putting one of our better players on the bench and playing one that's not as good and very inconsistent doesn't make any sense to me at all .