PDA

View Full Version : The Last Leith Links/Kicks for Kids Season Ticket Fundraiser

FranckSuzy
13-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Hi all

After nearly 10 years of fundraising, we've purchased 1,191 season tickets and raised £96,300. A fantastic achievement and testament to our wonderful support :not worth

From the start, I always hoped (and aimed) to raise £100,000 and now that this amount is within reach, I've decided that this year's fundraising campaign will be the last. There are various reasons for this: collecting direct debits has become more prohibitive, interest in the scheme has wained (we 'only' raised enough for 28 tickets last year) and for me personally, I really don't have the time anymore. It is only after a great deal of thought that I have come to this decision so please be assured that it has not been taken lightly.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported the fund over the years, whether it be with donations, items to auction, ideas suggested and just damn decent offers of help and support - it is much appreciated.

Now the practical stuff. Standing orders can only be controlled by the individual so I will have to leave the admin. of that to each person but direct debits are handled by an outside company so I will take care of that. Please be assured though that any funds received until the start of the season will be used to purchase season tickets for 23/24 and any funds held currently will also be added but then the bank account will be closed.

I sincerely hope that we have made a difference to some children's lives and helped to introduce them to our Club. From an idea that started as a 'Managers Fund', we've not done too bad, eh? :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Susan

Jay
13-02-2023, 04:12 PM
That's a fantastic amount raised. Well done to you and those who contributed over the years.

Is the club still running the Kicks for Kids scheme? Maybe people could donate direct to them instead of via LL. The club might accommodate monthly donations rather than a lump sum? Worth someone asking the question if they were keen.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2023, 04:31 PM
What an effort Susan, can see your position entirely. A fans heroine, I've always appreciated your efforts and motivation[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

FranckSuzy
13-02-2023, 04:42 PM
That's a fantastic amount raised. Well done to you and those who contributed over the years.

Is the club still running the Kicks for Kids scheme? Maybe people could donate directly to them instead of via LL. The club might accommodate monthly donations rather than a lump sum? Worth someone asking the question if they were keen.

Thank you! Yes, the scheme is still running, and I am sure they'll be delighted to receive donations.

FranckSuzy
13-02-2023, 04:43 PM
What an effort Susan, can see your position entirely. A fans heroine, I've always appreciated your efforts and motivation[emoji106]

Thank you, K.

I've always appreciated your support over the years and especially considering the distance 👍

Bostonhibby
13-02-2023, 05:27 PM
Thank you, K.

I've always appreciated your support over the years and especially considering the distance [emoji106]Never forgot you looked after our auntie[emoji172]

FranckSuzy
13-02-2023, 06:43 PM
Never forgot you looked after our auntie[emoji172]

It was an honour 💚

brog
13-02-2023, 06:45 PM

I echo everything above! Wonderful effort Susan!

Big_Franck
13-02-2023, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your efforts, Susan. I used to volunteer with one of the organisations that regularly got tickets, so I saw first hand how many young people you were helping. People who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to see our team live.

Hopefully the club or another fan can pick this up and continue it, as it's a great scheme.

Jay
13-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all your efforts, Susan. I used to volunteer with one of the organisations that regularly got tickets, so I saw first hand how many young people you were helping. People who otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford to see our team live.

Hopefully the club or another fan can pick this up and continue it, as it's a great scheme.

It is the clubs scheme. Leith Links bought into it. Anyone could donate directly to the scheme . Suzie collated money from those who perhaps couldn't donate the full cost of a ticket themselves and pooled it into a large number of tickets most years. It's called Kicks for Kids. Sue McLernon did an amazing job of running it and also finding organisations who used the tickets, I'm not sure who does it now.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Hi all

After nearly 10 years of fundraising, we've purchased 1,191 season tickets and raised £96,300. A fantastic achievement and testament to our wonderful support :not worth

From the start, I always hoped (and aimed) to raise £100,000 and now that this amount is within reach, I've decided that this year's fundraising campaign will be the last. There are various reasons for this: collecting direct debits has become more prohibitive, interest in the scheme has wained (we 'only' raised enough for 28 tickets last year) and for me personally, I really don't have the time anymore. It is only after a great deal of thought that I have come to this decision so please be assured that it has not been taken lightly.

I would like to thank everyone who has supported the fund over the years, whether it be with donations, items to auction, ideas suggested and just damn decent offers of help and support - it is much appreciated.

Now the practical stuff. Standing orders can only be controlled by the individual so I will have to leave the admin. of that to each person but direct debits are handled by an outside company so I will take care of that. Please be assured though that any funds received until the start of the season will be used to purchase season tickets for 23/24 and any funds held currently will also be added but then the bank account will be closed.

I sincerely hope that we have made a difference to some children's lives and helped to introduce them to our Club. From an idea that started as a 'Managers Fund', we've not done too bad, eh? :thumbsup:

GGTTH

Susan

wow 10 years! Incredible effort FrankSuzy. And impossible without your drive and organisation to get things done and make a real difference - bravo to you and the folks that bought in to your idea.

it’s easy to bump gums but the real heroes are those that an mobilise and get something done - this is no mean feat in any given year but for 10 - phenomenal. You’ve set a high bar.

Back then the only benchmark we had was club86 - now we have KFK.

O'Rourke3
13-02-2023, 10:18 PM
Well deserved rest Suzie. The I itiative gas been fantastic. This post saves me asking. My standing order is about to be shut down because I'm changing banks. Happy to stop or a final one off to complete the season.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Haymaker
13-02-2023, 11:21 PM
Fantastic effort S!

FranckSuzy
19-03-2023, 06:02 PM
Let's try again...without the ads and on a laptop this time :greengrin

"And now the end is here" :singing:

After 10 years, £97,520 raised and 1,191 season tickets bought, I'm hanging up my boots. Therefore, this year's fundraiser will run until the end of May as this will help me get the tickets bought in time for season 23-24 but also....I'm getting married in June so I might be rather busy :hyper Poor guy....:tee hee:

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has helped me/the fund along the way - it's been an absolute pleasure to encourage the next generation of fans along to Easter Road :not worth

IF you would like to donate (and it'll only take £2,480 for us to reach that magical figure of £100,000 :thumbsup:) it's [email protected] for PayPal or drop me a PM or email [email protected] for the bank details :aok:

I have enough donations to kick start this final fundraiser with 13 tickets so as Delia said, "let's be having you!" :flag:

"I did it my waaaayyyyy" :bandit: :cheers:

Pagan Hibernia
19-03-2023, 06:59 PM
aww no! :confused:

sorry to hear this is the end, but many congratulations to you and best wishes for your Big Day and beyond

FranckSuzy
19-03-2023, 07:06 PM
aww no! :confused:

sorry to hear this is the end, but many congratulations to you and best wishes for your Big Day and beyond

Thank you very much! 💒

It's sad it's come to this but the appetite from the fans just isn't there anymore and unfortunately, I no longer have the time.

Anyway, for a fan-led initiative we've not done too badly! 👏💚

Bostonhibby
19-03-2023, 07:17 PM
One last spin of the wheel Susan, I'll donate tomorrow.

Thanks once again for all you've done.

Hibs class.

MartinfaePorty
19-03-2023, 07:21 PM
Donation sent. Well done for all your hard work and all the best for the future!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Seveno
19-03-2023, 07:23 PM
Well done for all your hard work over the years. I had sent a donation.

Congratulations on your coming wedding. Very best wishes for a long and happy future together.

You are on of the best, Suzy.

FranckSuzy
19-03-2023, 07:34 PM
One last spin of the wheel Susan, I'll donate tomorrow.

Thanks once again for all you've done.

Hibs class.

Top man, K 👏 Thank you 💚

FranckSuzy
19-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Donation sent. Well done for all your hard work and all the best for the future!

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Received with thanks 👏

FranckSuzy
19-03-2023, 07:36 PM
Well done for all your hard work over the years. I had sent a donation.

Congratulations on your coming wedding. Very best wishes for a long and happy future together.

You are on of the best, Suzy.

Thank you very much x 3! Only took till I was, cough, 21 to find my Prince so I feel very lucky! 😀👏💚

Scouse Hibee
19-03-2023, 11:53 PM
Thanks you for all your hard work Susan, congratulations for your forthcoming wedding, may you have many years of happiness together.

Hibbyradge
20-03-2023, 12:10 AM
Is this the Kicks for Kids thing that I donate to every month, or something else?

FranckSuzy
20-03-2023, 07:38 AM
Is this the Kicks for Kids thing that I donate to every month, or something else?

Yes, D 👍 I will be closing the bank account, and cancelling my account with the direct debit firm, at the end of May.

adam middlemass
20-03-2023, 08:08 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Suzy, you will be greatly missed by all at the club. Hope you have a wonderful day when the time comes and a long and happy marriage, he’s a lucky guy ! :thumbsup: Xxx

O'Rourke3
20-03-2023, 08:44 AM
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. Deserved rest after all your great work.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Sauerkraut
20-03-2023, 11:57 AM
Many thanks and good luck for the future Susan. Piggy bank raided for last time.:hibees

FranckSuzy
20-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Many thanks and good luck for the future Susan. Piggy bank raided for last time.:hibees

Received, thank you very much!💚

Forza Fred
20-03-2023, 01:02 PM
You have done a lot for the Hibs and others over the years Suzy, and your hard work has always been appreciated and admired.

Great to hear you are getting married in June and wish you all the best.

A wee birdie tells me your other half is a Hibby…so you won’t have to convert him😂

Honeymoon in Australia?

FranckSuzy
20-03-2023, 01:36 PM
You have done a lot for the Hibs and others over the years Suzy, and your hard work has always been appreciated and admired.

Great to hear you are getting married in June and wish you all the best.

A wee birdie tells me your other half is a Hibby…so you won’t have to convert him😂

Honeymoon in Australia?

Thanks Fred and I've always appreciated the support I received from the boys and girls in Oz/NZ 👏

Yes, the fiancé is a Hibby and you know him (CC) 😉😃

FranckSuzy
20-03-2023, 04:15 PM
£220 raised since yesterday 👏

Edit: make that £240 👍

silverhibee
21-03-2023, 11:04 AM
You should be proud of what you have done S for the kids.

Congratulations on the upcoming big day. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
21-03-2023, 11:14 AM
You should be proud of what you have done S for the kids.

Congratulations on the upcoming big day. :thumbsup:

Thanks P! 💚

Bring back the chat box! 🤭🤣

FranckSuzy
24-03-2023, 01:29 PM
Hi all

Just in case you missed it, this will be my last year fundraising for Kicks for Kids.

After 10 years, 1,191 season tickets and £97,520 donated, it's time to call it a day.

IF you would like to donate, the PayPal a/c is: [email protected].

If you prefer bank transfers, please PM me for the details.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has contributed over this last decade - you're all Hibs class indeed 👏💚

Money donated so far: £265

FranckSuzy
25-03-2023, 11:15 AM
Money donated so far - £615 👏💚

Itsnoteasy
25-03-2023, 12:58 PM
Hi all

Just in case you missed it, this will be my last year fundraising for Kicks for Kids.

After 10 years, 1,191 season tickets and £97,520 donated, it's time to call it a day.

IF you would like to donate, the PayPal a/c is: [email protected].

If you prefer bank transfers, please PM me for the details.

Many, many thanks to everyone who has contributed over this last decade - you're all Hibs class indeed 👏💚

Money donated so far: £265

Fantastic commitment & effort over the last decade. Whose taking over the reigns?

FranckSuzy
25-03-2023, 09:03 PM
Fantastic commitment & effort over the last decade. Whose taking over the reigns?

Thank you! No-one is taking over Leith Links, as it was a solo effort, but the Kicks for Kids scheme will continue 👏💚

FranckSuzy
31-03-2023, 06:43 PM
£815 now donated 👏💚

FranckSuzy
31-03-2023, 09:04 PM
£840 👍

Newhaven
31-03-2023, 09:09 PM
Fantastic work over the years Susan. You should be proud of your tireless achievements. Will donate now x

FranckSuzy
31-03-2023, 09:50 PM
Fantastic work over the years Susan. You should be proud of your tireless achievements. Will donate now x

Thank you very much 💚

FranckSuzy
13-04-2023, 02:25 PM
Anymore for anymore, folks? Going to wrap this up at the end of May 👍🙏

FranckSuzy
13-04-2023, 11:10 PM
£1,040 now donated 👏

FranckSuzy
01-05-2023, 06:22 PM
Bump. 4 weeks to go so...anymore for anymore? 🙏💚

Ronniekirk
01-05-2023, 09:36 PM
Since it’s your last one I will contribute Can you send me details I need it’s been a few years since I last contributed
Congratulations on getting married and thanks for all you have done in raising money so that more vulnerable children can get to games Your efforts will be sorely missed by those who have benefited over the years

FranckSuzy
03-05-2023, 08:05 PM
Since it’s your last one I will contribute Can you send me details I need it’s been a few years since I last contributed
Congratulations on getting married and thanks for all you have done in raising money so that more vulnerable children can get to games Your efforts will be sorely missed by those who have benefited over the years

Thanks very much, Ronnie. I will PM you the bank details but PayPal is [email protected], in case that suits you better 👍💚

e2los
03-05-2023, 08:45 PM
Bump. 4 weeks to go so...anymore for anymore? 🙏💚

Some hustle you have got going on here. :greengrin

Donated.

Great work you have been doing over all those years.

FranckSuzy
03-05-2023, 09:03 PM
Some hustle you have got going on here. :greengrin

Donated.

Great work you have been doing over all those years.

Absolutely! 10 years worth, no less 😃

Thank you very much and I've replied via PayPal 👍

Gmack7
03-05-2023, 11:49 PM
Absolutely! 10 years worth, no less 😃

Thank you very much and I've replied via PayPal 👍

Another bump,

FranckSuzy
04-05-2023, 09:03 PM
£1,140 now donated 👏

Is It On....
04-05-2023, 10:18 PM
£1,140 now donated 👏

Hi, Are they still £85 per ticket?

FranckSuzy
05-05-2023, 05:14 PM
£1,310 now donated 👏

FranckSuzy
16-05-2023, 08:42 PM
£1,335 now donated and 2 weeks to go 🙏💚

FranckSuzy
17-05-2023, 07:59 PM
£1,555 now 👏

FranckSuzy
24-05-2023, 09:09 PM
Thanks to all the guys for the write-up in tonight's programme 👏

One week to go... 🙏💚

FranckSuzy
29-05-2023, 10:46 AM
£99,080 now raised and 2 days to go 👏

Last post from me so...anymore for anymore? 🙏💚

FranckSuzy
02-06-2023, 06:04 PM
35 Kicks for Kids season tickets were purchased today, taking us up to 1,226 over the 10 years and £99,280 raised.

Thanks to everyone who has helped over the last decade - you've made 1000s of children very happy 💚

Bostonhibby
02-06-2023, 07:00 PM
Been a pleasure Susan, thanks for taking it all on and giving us a chance to bask in the reflected glory of YOUR efforts.

You've definitely helped create some of the next generation.

GGTTH

Gmack7
02-06-2023, 07:37 PM
35 Kicks for Kids season tickets were purchased today, taking us up to 1,226 over the 10 years and £99,280 raised.

Thanks to everyone who has helped over the last decade - you've made 1000s of children very happy 💚

Outstanding