PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk Stadium

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2023, 11:33 AM
Looking for advice here.

I'm going to the Diddy Cup final next Sunday, which is at Falkirk Stadium. I've never been there before.

I remember some posts on here about it being a hassle to get to. What's the best option from Edinburgh? Car, train and bus all considered.

Ta :aok:

TelaStella
16-03-2023, 11:37 AM
Looking for advice here.

I'm going to the Diddy Cup final next Sunday, which is at Falkirk Stadium. I've never been there before.

I remember some posts on here about it being a hassle to get to. What's the best option from Edinburgh? Car, train and bus all considered.

Ta :aok:

Driving wouldn’t be dreadful as just off M9. Car park at the ground but others may advise better with that. Both Grahamston and Falkirk High Stations quite a distance and not the most pleasant of walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
16-03-2023, 11:40 AM
Falkirk Grahamston station is a brisk 20 minute walk away, closer to half an hour if you are taking your time. The walk will take you past The Mill Inn if a pint is of interest (it's a total dive). Fairly straightforward walk, mostly a straight road.

Car park is huge but the traffic getting in and particularly getting out can be a nightmare. It's an easy enough drive in and there are shops etc within walking distance towards the college if you are early. There's also the Kelpies just across the road from the car park too.

Never been on the bus so can't help with that one.

Hibby70
16-03-2023, 11:42 AM
Last time I was there I parked on West Mains Road which was an easy 5 min walk. That was 2016 mind you so not sure re restrictions now.

eezyrider
16-03-2023, 11:57 AM
It's been a while since I was last there but I parked at Bog Road at the back of Benny T's chip shop. Hopefully you can still park there. It's a short walk down to the stadium from it.

A lot of people were parking there though so if you choose to park there go early.

EZ

MWHIBBIES
16-03-2023, 12:00 PM
One of the easiest stadiums to get to and park at. No idea where you've heard that. Big scheme across from the ground you'll get parked in no problem.

Jones28
16-03-2023, 12:15 PM
Trains a good option. There’s some decent places in the town for food and pints as well.

Hiber-nation
16-03-2023, 12:16 PM
Loads of free parking at West Mains industrial estate, 10 minute walk from ground.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-03-2023, 12:18 PM
One of the easiest stadiums to get to and park at. No idea where you've heard that. Big scheme across from the ground you'll get parked in no problem.

Agreed, been a few times and same routine. In and out no bother

The_Exile
16-03-2023, 12:35 PM
Think you can even park in the Forth Valley College car park on match days. It's one of the easier stadiums to get to IMO.

Frazerbob
16-03-2023, 12:39 PM
Easy for access and parking (in the estate over the park). There were a lot of horror stories when The Killers played there last year but that was over 20,000 fans.

O'Rourke3
16-03-2023, 12:42 PM
One of the easiest stadiums to get to and park at. No idea where you've heard that. Big scheme across from the ground you'll get parked in no problem.Easy, yes, quick to get away, far from it. The Industrial estate was far quicker for me getting back onto the M9 but that was 2016

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
16-03-2023, 12:58 PM
Imagine qualifying for a cup final and being told you're having to play it on astro.

Scottish football.

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Imagine qualifying for a cup final and being told you're having to play it on astro.

Scottish football.

Both teams play their home games on astro :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
16-03-2023, 01:10 PM
iirc we parked at forth valley college last time we were there

falkirk college - Search (bing.com) (https://www.bing.com/search?q=falkirk+college&form=ANNTH1&refig=52e36676805747e9a7d6c8137a606625&sp=1&ghc=1&lq=0&qs=LS&pq=falkirk+colleg&sc=10-14&cvid=52e36676805747e9a7d6c8137a606625)

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2023, 01:11 PM
Appreciate all the advice, folks.

Not as difficult as I was expecting.

:not worth

CockneyRebel
16-03-2023, 01:44 PM
Trains a good option. There’s some decent places in the town for food and pints as well.

If you're ok with Wetherspoons the beer is cheap as chips.

Hibernian Verse
16-03-2023, 01:46 PM
Both teams play their home games on astro :greengrin

Christ that's even worse.

When did Raith get astro?

CropleyWasGod
16-03-2023, 02:07 PM
Christ that's even worse.

When did Raith get astro?

4-5 years ago? Pre-covid.

Hibs played on it a couple of years ago.

greenlex
16-03-2023, 06:56 PM
I once took my Christmas tree to the Falkirk game a few years ago. True story. :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-03-2023, 05:35 AM
Check out the article on the commissioning of EEP’s Astro sponsored by FIFA - Hibs player Dunfermline and as Michel Platinit looked on a Hibs Streaker - yes remember them - did a Kinsmann dive and by the looks of the pics in the Record folks a few layers of skin off in the process.

JimBHibees
17-03-2023, 06:06 AM
Check out the article on the commissioning of EEP’s Astro sponsored by FIFA - Hibs player Dunfermline and as Michel Platinit looked on a Hibs Streaker - yes remember them - did a Kinsmann dive and by the looks of the pics in the Record folks a few layers of skin off in the process.

Pretty sure that was a Pars fan that did that. Looked the worst pitch ever carpet tiles with no give at all.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-03-2023, 12:26 PM
Pretty sure that was a Pars fan that did that. Looked the worst pitch ever carpet tiles with no give at all.

I'm sure that I can remember Ian Rush being there that day as well.

JimBHibees
17-03-2023, 07:11 PM
I'm sure that I can remember Ian Rush being there that day as well.

Jean Pierre Papin also :dunno:

Carheenlea
17-03-2023, 07:51 PM
Falkirks stadium is situated on what must be one of the coldest parts of Scotland.

Feels like every time I’ ve been it’s been bitterly cold. Maybe just the general bleakness of the site of ground and it’s open side.

ErinGoBraghHFC
17-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Falkirks stadium is situated on what must be one of the coldest parts of Scotland.

Feels like every time I’ ve been it’s been bitterly cold. Maybe just the general bleakness of the site of ground and it’s open side.

I was freezing at the league cup game last summer, grim place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarrenSQH
17-03-2023, 08:47 PM

Weirdly had the opposite experience. I was a ref for a day at a kids football tournament and got so sunburnt. But worse was that my feet were roasting after a day with the sun beating down on the rubber pitch, meant boots felt like they were on fire.

JimBHibees
18-03-2023, 08:44 AM

Certainly isn't helped with the totally exposed location and three sided stadium.

Jones28
18-03-2023, 10:06 AM
Is it true that they can’t build another stand because it would be within the blast zone for Grangemouth or is that an old wives tale?

Scorrie
18-03-2023, 10:12 AM
When I go , I park in the Helix car park which is only 5 mins walk away. Usually loads of space

Loopz
18-03-2023, 10:23 AM
I have a sample of that pitch in a presentation box, given the day of the game.

Conj
18-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Is it true that they can’t build another stand because it would be within the blast zone for Grangemouth or is that an old wives tale?

Pretty sure it’s an old wives tale as there are buildings between Grangemouth and the stadium.

Carheenlea
18-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Weirdly had the opposite experience. I was a ref for a day at a kids football tournament and got so sunburnt. But worse was that my feet were roasting after a day with the sun beating down on the rubber pitch, meant boots felt like they were on fire.

Well, there you go - social media in a nutshell :hilarious

Malthibby
19-03-2023, 07:45 PM

Apparently not (he googled), they have planning permission for a 2,000 capacity stand but money might be an issue given their relegation travails. It is in the Grangemouth blast zone and that apparently
limits the total capacity to 10,000; love to know who has decided that 10,000 potential deaths is okay but 11,000 wouldn't be?

Anyway, as others have said, it's a dawdle to drive to. Enjoy the game.

Moulin Yarns
19-03-2023, 09:12 PM
Apparently not (he googled), they have planning permission for a 2,000 capacity stand but money might be an issue given their relegation travails. It is in the Grangemouth blast zone and that apparently
limits the total capacity to 10,000; love to know who has decided that 10,000 potential deaths is okay but 11,000 wouldn't be?

Anyway, as others have said, it's a dawdle to drive to. Enjoy the game.

Having lived just over the motorway in grangemouth it was often suggested that it was the best place to be when a bomb was dropped, you wouldn't know anything about it. There would be a chain reaction right along the forth and as far as Glasgow with all the industry that used to be there. Not any more.