PDA

View Full Version : Scottish premier's dirtiest team's

Donegal Hibby
14-03-2023, 09:31 AM
There's no surprise in this that the team's struggling are top of the list though I wouldn't have expected the likes of Livingston, St mirren and Ross county to have a low disciplinary record with the players they have and the way they play . Hertz and Aberdeen have certainly a few players who imo you could call either dirty , hard or competitive . While we have a good disciplinary record this year is our team lacking in this abit ? Maybe in midfield?.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-premierships-dirties-teams-hearts-and-hibs-record-compared-to-celtic-rangers-more-gallery-4062994?page=3

HFC17
14-03-2023, 09:45 AM
There's no surprise in this that the team's struggling are top of the list though I wouldn't have expected the likes of Livingston, St mirren and Ross county to have a low disciplinary record with the players they have and the way they play . Hertz and Aberdeen have certainly a few players who imo you could call either dirty , hard or competitive . While we have a good disciplinary record this year is our team lacking in this abit ? Maybe in midfield?.
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scottish-premierships-dirties-teams-hearts-and-hibs-record-compared-to-celtic-rangers-more-gallery-4062994?page=3

I think this shows that we are a little bit naïve in certain areas but think that the introduction of Egan-Riley and Jeggo will certainly help.

Donegal Hibby
14-03-2023, 10:24 AM
I think this shows that we are a little bit naïve in certain areas but think that the introduction of Egan-Riley and Jeggo will certainly help.
Our style of play would probably contribute to having a good disciplinary record as well , as I don't see us as a dirty or physical team at all . Felt for awhile now specially our midfield lacked abit of steel or Grit though the signings of Jeggo and Egan - Riley I think gives us that .

HFC17
14-03-2023, 10:40 AM
Our style of play would probably contribute to having a good disciplinary record as well , as I don't see us as a dirty or physical team at all . Felt for awhile now specially our midfield lacked abit of steel or Grit though the signings of Jeggo and Egan - Riley I think gives us that .

Exactly, I think we get hit on the counter too easily and are very reluctant normally to commit a tactical foul to stop it.

Donegal Hibby
14-03-2023, 12:43 PM
Exactly, I think we get hit on the counter too easily and are very reluctant normally to commit a tactical foul to stop it.
I think we get hit on the counter too easily cause we push so many of our players forward both Hertz's third goals are a example of us trying to get back into the game's by throwing so many players forward and getting caught on the counter though your probably right as I can't really remember us committing to many tactical fouls this year , I do think Hibs style of play is a factor on our good disciplinary record this year though maybe it's also means we are being to nice and need to get stuck into teams abit more too.

HFC17
14-03-2023, 01:20 PM
I think we get hit on the counter too easily cause we push so many of our players forward both Hertz's third goals are a example of us trying to get back into the game's by throwing so many players forward and getting caught on the counter though your probably right as I can't really remember us committing to many tactical fouls this year , I do think Hibs style of play is a factor on our good disciplinary record this year though maybe it's also means we are being to nice and need to get stuck into teams abit more too.

I do agree with the style of football because we use our full-backs very high at times which can be dangerous against good counter-attacking teams.