PDA

View Full Version : NHC més que un club

Up-the-slope
10-03-2023, 06:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64918604

One in the eye for all those who have held them up as some sort of bastion of football purism...

And shows the gall of complaining about others morals.

Money corrupts and way too much in top end of Europe (are Scotland not exempt) that means fairness takes second fiddle

MWHIBBIES
10-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Barcelona are one of the most horrible clubs in the world. Have been for years. The way they tap up players is disgraceful. Benefited from some unbelievable refereeing decisions in their 2009 and 2011 CL wins. Neymar transfer been through the courts for illegal payments. The Arthur/Pjanic swap should've seen them and Juventus face transfer bans for years. The list goes on. Rotten to the core.

jacomo
10-03-2023, 09:19 PM
I do agree that Barca have long since lost any good reputation they had.

It’s a shame because they did stand for different values once.

King conrad
10-03-2023, 09:46 PM
That team with xavi,Messi and Iniesta were that good they didn't need to cheat.

supermcginn
10-03-2023, 09:51 PM

Exactly, best team in football history.

Phil MaGlass
10-03-2023, 09:54 PM
Same could be said for RMadrid, kept afloat with public money a few years ago,cant have these silly Independiestas(or whatever the word is) getting the better of us.

Greencore
10-03-2023, 10:11 PM
Barcelona are one of the most horrible clubs in the world. Have been for years. The way they tap up players is disgraceful. Benefited from some unbelievable refereeing decisions in their 2009 and 2011 CL wins. Neymar transfer been through the courts for illegal payments. The Arthur/Pjanic swap should've seen them and Juventus face transfer bans for years. The list goes on. Rotten to the core.

But yet the old raainjurs take the crown.

wallpaperman
10-03-2023, 10:29 PM

Agree with all that, and to add to that the way they treat players who are still under contract but they no longer want, they use the media to manipulate the fans and turn them against the players, more or less forcing them out. Horrible bunch.

Pagan Hibernia
10-03-2023, 11:07 PM
I do agree that Barca have long since lost any good reputation they had.

It’s a shame because they did stand for different values once.

i grew up on the Barcelona myth. My dad was a fan. The supporter owned, not for profit idealists who played football the right way, stood for human rights, and wouldn’t even besmirch their shirts with a sponsor…

my dad, and me, were conned. Anti-Franco politics aside, they’re one of the worst.

jacomo
10-03-2023, 11:25 PM
i grew up on the Barcelona myth. My dad was a fan. The supporter owned, not for profit idealists who played football the right way, stood for human rights, and wouldn’t even besmirch their shirts with a sponsor…

my dad, and me, were conned. Anti-Franco politics aside, they’re one of the worst.

Were you conned?

I agree they are one of the worst now, but didn’t it mean something once?

It will be interesting to see the fan reaction to all this. Will they fight for the ideals the club used to proclaim or just chase success at any cost?

Up-the-slope
11-03-2023, 11:40 AM

But the club allegedly did anyway

I expect that how they managed to pay the wages they did over that period will come to light at some point too

OstKurve Hibs
11-03-2023, 06:27 PM

Couldnt think what the decisions where u mentioned but having just just watched this video its un-deniable

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYawpxKY/

Glory Lurker
11-03-2023, 06:44 PM
I started a thread a good few years ago with the same title, but didn't get the accent on the e! It was about them having Hewlett Packard (?) on the INSIDE of their shirts.

I must confess to falling for their schtick when I took a passing interest in la Liga in the late 90s. It was against my better instincts though as there was already chat that them and RM were "too big to fail" as far as Spanish banks were concerned. What a fool.

They are dying without the super league. It's a fate that them, RM, AM, Inter, Juve and AC fully deserve.

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-03-2023, 07:00 PM
Couldnt think what the decisions where u mentioned but having just just watched this video its un-deniable

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYawpxKY/

Jesus Christ that van Persie one is as blatant as it gets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ErinGoBraghHFC
11-03-2023, 07:02 PM
I started a thread a good few years ago with the same title, but didn't get the accent on the e! It was about them having Hewlett Packard (?) on the INSIDE of their shirts.

I must confess to falling for their schtick when I took a passing interest in la Liga in the late 90s. It was against my better instincts though as there was already chat that them and RM were "too big to fail" as far as Spanish banks were concerned. What a fool.

They are dying without the super league. It's a fate that them, RM, AM, Inter, Juve and AC fully deserve.

The English clubs are next, the bubble will burst eventually and even as a Man United fan (loose use of the word fan to be fair) I can’t ****ing wait for it.

Torto7
11-03-2023, 07:38 PM

They perfected cheating. Busquets became famous for it. Pedro made a career doing it. Guardiola is a shady guy with a shady past as a player. The whole of Spanish sport is reeking. Rafa Nadal and that doctor as well.

The funny thing about Barcelona is all the fanboys who deserted them as soon as they became crap.

Like Liverpool and Celtic. They're their own biggest fans.

Oh and that second leg against Chelsea was one of the biggest fixes I've ever witnessed in sport.

Glory Lurker
11-03-2023, 08:03 PM
The English clubs are next, the bubble will burst eventually and even as a Man United fan (loose use of the word fan to be fair) I can’t ****ing wait for it.

Much as I'd love that to be true, I don't think they're in the same boat. The Spanish and Italian clubs got bloated on bank debt in the 80s and 90s. They've managed to duck and dive since but the screw is turning now. English clubs are funded by foreign corporate investments. Their funders aren't subject to the same scrutiny as bank lending.

Booooooo.

supermcginn
11-03-2023, 08:52 PM
They perfected cheating. Busquets became famous for it. Pedro made a career doing it. Guardiola is a shady guy with a shady past as a player. The whole of Spanish sport is reeking. Rafa Nadal and that doctor as well.

The funny thing about Barcelona is all the fanboys who deserted them as soon as they became crap.

Oh and that second leg against Chelsea was one of the biggest fixes I've ever witnessed in sport.

One of the funniest rants I've ever read. Imagine getting that wound up about a football team from Catalonia 🤣

Up-the-slope
12-03-2023, 03:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64930974

As predictable as its unnecessary
Real Madrid back corruption charges against La Liga rivals over payments to referees' official

archie
12-03-2023, 04:12 PM

That Chelsea game is one of the most startling refereeing performances I have ever seen.

Billy Whizz
12-03-2023, 04:18 PM
Much as I'd love that to be true, I don't think they're in the same boat. The Spanish and Italian clubs got bloated on bank debt in the 80s and 90s. They've managed to duck and dive since but the screw is turning now. English clubs are funded by foreign corporate investments. Their funders aren't subject to the same scrutiny as bank lending.

Booooooo.
The English championship is heavily in debt

Glory Lurker
12-03-2023, 04:34 PM
The English championship is heavily in debt

Yeah, I'm not saying they aren't, it's just that it's not bank debt so there is more flexibility.

Since90+2
12-03-2023, 04:42 PM

We've been hearing the bubble will burst for about the last decade.

It won't, the next Premier League and Champions League TV rights will be sold at a higher level than previously. Ticket prices at the top grounds will continue to rise.

It's just not going to happen.

Football is the most popular spectator sport in the world, aslong as that is the case the top levels of the game will awash with money.

DC_Hibs
12-03-2023, 05:11 PM

Bravo that man. Chuck in Dortmund as well.

To be fair, a lot of modern day Fanboys concentrate on their English club.
Hibbies that rage about the ugly sisters hoovering up fans from all over the country have no qualms about chucking a few quid at Man U or Liverpool once or twice a season.

p.s I’m not angry. Haven’t had a bad day. I AM fun at parties.

Regards

ErinGoBraghHFC
12-03-2023, 05:15 PM
Bravo that man. Chuck in Dortmund as well.

To be fair, a lot of modern day Fanboys concentrate on their English club.
Hibbies that rage about the ugly sisters hoovering up fans from all over the country have no qualms about chucking a few quid at Man U or Liverpool once or twice a season.

p.s I’m not angry. Haven’t had a bad day. I AM fun at parties.

Regards

That’s a bit different though, no? I’ve no really got a dug in the fight here, I like Man Utd and I want them to win but I’ve not been down to OT in a good few years. I’m agnostic at most about English football, but supporting an English team as well as Hibs is different from someone from Stornoway or Wick supporting Rangers or Celtic

Up-the-slope
13-03-2023, 06:55 PM
Burnley the current big spenders - parachute payments + more - now have a ban on transfers until they clear up late submission of accounts. They claim nothing sinister and just a change of accountant....

Funny how those spending the most and consequently doing among the best on the pitch seem to have administrative issues that others spending less :rolleyes: